Genomes and Genes
host vs graft reaction
Summary: The immune responses of a host to a graft. A specific response is GRAFT REJECTION.
- Hummel S, Wilms D, Vitacolonna M, Zoller M. Donor T cell and host NK depletion improve the therapeutic efficacy of allogeneic bone marrow cell reconstitution in the nonmyeloablatively conditioned tumor-bearing host. J Leukoc Biol. 2002;72:898-912 pubmed..Thus, concomitant depletion of host NK and donor T cells is advantageous when approaching therapeutic treatment of solid tumors by allogeneic reconstitution of the nonmyeloablatively conditioned host. ..
- Sinclair S, Konz G, Dawson J, Epperson R, Bloebaum R. Host bone response to polyetheretherketone versus porous tantalum implants for cervical spinal fusion in a goat model. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012;37:E571-80 pubmed publisher..TM's open cell porous structure facilitated host bone ingrowth and bone bridging through the device, which could be beneficial for long-term mechanical attachment and support in clinical applications. ..
- Gurman G, Arat M, Ilhan O, Konuk N, Beksac M, Celebi H, et al. Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation without myeloablative conditioning for patients with advanced hematologic malignancies. Cytotherapy. 2001;3:253-60 pubmed..The role of NMA conditioning, and of the treatment in standard disease indications, remains to be determined in further studies. ..
- Zarjou A, Guo L, Sanders P, Mannon R, Agarwal A, George J. A reproducible mouse model of chronic allograft nephropathy with vasculopathy. Kidney Int. 2012;82:1231-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, we describe a feasible and reproducible murine model of intrarenal transplant arteriosclerosis that is useful to study allograft vasculopathy. ..
- Clercq M, Gagné Tremblay M. Oral complications associated with idiopathic medullary aplasia: case report. J Can Dent Assoc. 2008;74:373-8 pubmed..These complications required medical, surgical and prosthetic treatments necessitating dental expertise in the hospital setting. ..
- Hutspardol S, Sirachainan N, Anurathapan U, Pakakasama S, Songdej D, Chuansumrit A, et al. Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for children with severe aplastic anemia. J Med Assoc Thai. 2013;96 Suppl 1:S18-24 pubmed..Graft failure and severe GVHD in alternative donors SCT are responsible for major causes of death. OS and EFS probabilities are stable after the first year post transplant. ..
- Liu H, Ding J, Liu B, Zhao G, Chen B. Early renal injury after nonmyeloablative allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients with chronic myelocytic leukemia. Am J Nephrol. 2007;27:336-41 pubmed..Sepsis and VOD were significantly correlated with the development of renal dysfunction. Severe nephrotoxicity was associated with the increase in mortality. ..
- Cai Q, Rangasetty U, Barbagelata A, Fujise K, Koerner M. Cardiac allograft vasculopathy: advances in diagnosis. Cardiol Rev. 2011;19:30-5 pubmed publisher..Computed tomographic imaging and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging are promising new modalities but require further study. This article reviews the diagnostic methods that are currently available. ..
- Tang A, Platt J. Accommodation of grafts: implications for health and disease. Hum Immunol. 2007;68:645-51 pubmed..To investigate these pathways and to understand how accommodation begins and how it evolves, clinical organ transplants might offer a useful and incisive model. ..
- Wang X, Haniffa M, Holtick U, Collin M, Jackson G, Hilkens C, et al. Regulatory T-cell suppression of CD8+ T-cell-mediated graft-versus-host reaction requires their presence during priming. Transplantation. 2009;88:188-97 pubmed publisher..quot;Donor"-derived Treg seem to be safe and do not induce GVH histopathologic damage. ..
- Hoskova L, Pagáč ová L, Slavč ev A, Voska L, Kautzner J. Heart transplantation in a highly sensitised patient. Kardiol Pol. 2011;69:51-3 pubmed..Graft function remains normal at 12 months post-operatively and the clinical status of the patient is stable. ..
- Passweg J, Tichelli A, Meyer Monard S, Heim D, Stern M, Kuhne T, et al. Purified donor NK-lymphocyte infusion to consolidate engraftment after haploidentical stem cell transplantation. Leukemia. 2004;18:1835-8 pubmed..Selection of NK-DLI is technically feasible. NK cells are well tolerated when used as adoptive immunotherapy in recipients of haploidentical HSCT. ..
- Sitaru A, Timmermann W, Ulrichs K, Otto C. Allogeneic core amino acids of an immunodominant allopeptide are important for MHC binding and TCR recognition. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:817-25 pubmed..Identification of MHC and TCR contact residues should facilitate the development of antigen-specific therapies to inhibit or regulate the indirect alloimmune response. ..
- Koch C, Khalpey Z, Platt J. Accommodation: preventing injury in transplantation and disease. J Immunol. 2004;172:5143-8 pubmed
- Nichols W. Management of infectious complications in the hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipient. J Intensive Care Med. 2003;18:295-312 pubmed..New antivirals and antifungals have entered clinical practice and hold considerable promise for improved outcomes. ..
- Prentice H, Brenner M, McGovern M. Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Recent developments and the potential expansion of the donor pool. Acta Oncol. 1988;27:567-70 pubmed..Of further interest will be the potential for application of lymphokines (e.g. IL2) without increasing the risk of lethal graft versus host disease. ..
- Pollack M, Ririe D. Clinical significance of recipient antibodies to stem cell donor mismatched class I HLA antigens. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:245-7 pubmed
- Zhang H, Li Y, Wang K, Li S, Cheng J. [The status of chymeric cells in human to pig spleen transplantation model]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2003;34:20-3 pubmed..There might be a dynamic changeable balance of HVG, microchimerism, and GVH due to the reaction between the chimeric human cells and the pig cells in the human to pig spleen xenotransplantation model. ..
- Devchand P, Schmidt B, Primo V, Zhang Q, Arnaout M, Serhan C, et al. A synthetic eicosanoid LX-mimetic unravels host-donor interactions in allogeneic BMT-induced GvHD to reveal an early protective role for host neutrophils. FASEB J. 2005;19:203-10 pubmed..A., Primo, V. C., Zhang, Q.-y., Arnaout, M. A., Serhan, C. N., Nikolic, B. A synthetic eicosanoid LX-mimetic unravels host-donor interactions in allogeneic BMT-induced GvHD to reveal an early protective role for host neutrophils. ..
- Atz M, Reed E. Role of anti-MHC class I antibody in facilitating transplant accommodation. Crit Rev Immunol. 2008;28:485-511 pubmed..This review explores what is currently known about accommodation and how MHC class I signaling may play a role in the process of enhancing graft survival. ..
- Ilmakunnas M, Hockerstedt K, Makisalo H, Siitonen S, Repo H, Pesonen E. Hepatic IL-8 release during graft procurement is associated with impaired graft function after human liver transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2010;24:29-35 pubmed publisher..30 (23-72) micromol/L, p = 0.029] levels after transplantation. Our findings support the concept that inflammatory response in the brain dead organ donor contributes to the development of graft injury in human liver transplantation. ..
- Ghosh F. Müller cells in long-term full-thickness retinal transplants. Glia. 2002;37:76-82 pubmed..The degeneration and gliosis of the host retina covering the graft is best explained by the merangiotic nature of the rabbit retina and may limit the usefulness of the rabbit in retinal transplantation experiments. ..
- Nicolau P. Long-lasting and permanent fillers: biomaterial influence over host tissue response. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007;119:2271-86 pubmed
- Reff M, Hariharan K, Braslawsky G. Future of monoclonal antibodies in the treatment of hematologic malignancies. Cancer Control. 2002;9:152-66 pubmed..A better appreciation of how MAbs are metabolized in the body and localized to tumors is resulting in the development of new antibody constructs with improved biodistribution profiles. ..
- Saito T, Li H, Sykes M. Invariant NKT cells are required for antitumor responses induced by host-versus-graft responses. J Immunol. 2010;185:2099-105 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate a central role for iNKTs in promoting RLI-induced anti-tumor effects and suggest that this pathway involved promotion of the activation of recipient NK cells and DCs...
- Weng L, Addey C, Warrens A, Dyson J, Chai J, Dazzi F. Dissection of effector pathways in the host-versus-graft response to bone marrow transplantation. Transplantation. 2008;86:1311-4 pubmed publisher..In the absence of both pathways, however, donor bone marrow engraftment was not fully restored identifying a role for an additional pathway(s) in the host-versus-graft response. ..
- Simpson E, Scott D, James E, Lombardi G, Cwynarski K, Dazzi F, et al. Minor H antigens: genes and peptides. Eur J Immunogenet. 2001;28:505-13 pubmed
- Barker J, Stamos N, Furr A, McGuire S, Cunningham M, Wiggins O, et al. Research and events leading to facial transplantation. Clin Plast Surg. 2007;34:233-50, ix pubmed
- Starzl T, Lakkis F. The unfinished legacy of liver transplantation: emphasis on immunology. Hepatology. 2006;43:S151-63 pubmed..Liver transplantation should not be viewed as a purely technologic achievement, but rather as a searchlight whose beams have penetrated the murky mist of the past, and continue to potentially illuminate the future. ..
- Matossian Rogers A, DeGiorgi L, Povey S. Alloimmune interactions of a lymphoproliferative disease-inducer gene Arp and linkage to Pep-7. Immunogenetics. 1983;18:639-48 pubmed..The association between Arp and Pep-7 and the biological significance of the Arp locus are discussed. ..
- Stockmann H, Ijzermans J. Prospects for the temporary treatment of acute liver failure. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2002;14:195-203 pubmed..These include the use of new immortalized human cell lines and human fetal hepatocytes, and the possibility of isolating, expanding and genetically manipulating stem cells in order to have stable differentiated and committed cells. ..
- Zino E, Vago L, Di Terlizzi S, Mazzi B, Zito L, Sironi E, et al. Frequency and targeted detection of HLA-DPB1 T cell epitope disparities relevant in unrelated hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2007;13:1031-40 pubmed..This protocol will facilitate large-scale retrospective clinical studies warranted to more precisely determine the clinical relevance of DPB1 TCE disparities in different transplant conditions. ..
- Storb R. Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation--yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Exp Hematol. 2003;31:1-10 pubmed
- Pallet N, Thervet E. The genetics of kidney transplantation. Hum Genet. 2012;131:317-23 pubmed publisher..Such enterprises will only be successful with the creation of international consortiums that connect partners in clinical, industrial, and academic transplant medicine. ..
- Rubio M, Kim Y, Sachs T, Mapara M, Zhao G, Sykes M. Antitumor effect of donor marrow graft rejection induced by recipient leukocyte infusions in mixed chimeras prepared with nonmyeloablative conditioning: critical role for recipient-derived IFN-gamma. Blood. 2003;102:2300-7 pubmed..A novel approach to achieving anti-tumor effects without the risk of GVHD is suggested. ..
- Guha C, Deb N, Sappal B, Ghosh S, Roy Chowdhury N, Roy Chowdhury J. Amplification of engrafted hepatocytes by preparative manipulation of the host liver. Artif Organs. 2001;25:522-8 pubmed
- Bordignon C, Kernan N, Keever C, Benazzi E, Small T, Brochstein J, et al. The role of residual host immunity in graft failures following T-cell-depleted marrow transplants for leukemia. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1987;511:442-6 pubmed
- Willems L, Fevery S, Sprangers B, Rutgeerts O, Lenaerts C, Ibrahimi A, et al. Recipient leukocyte infusion enhances the local and systemic graft-versus-neuroblastoma effect of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in mice. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2013;62:1733-44 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that RLI may provide combined T-cell and NK-cell reactivity effectively targeting Neuro2A neuroblastoma. ..
- Pressler B. Transplantation in small animals. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2010;40:495-505 pubmed publisher..With the continual development of new immunosuppressive drugs and refinement of existing protocols, transplantation options will hopefully increase via the use of xenograft tissues, particularly in dogs. ..
- Zeng M, Guinet E, Nouri Shirazi M. Comparative analysis of dendritic cells and anti-CD3/CD28 expanded regulatory T cells for application in transplantation. Transpl Immunol. 2009;22:82-92 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests that DC-expanded Tregs provides a clinically advantageous means of preventing unwanted immune reactions to allografts. ..
- Hammond T, Chin Aleong J, Navsaria H, Williams N. Human in vivo cellular response to a cross-linked acellular collagen implant. Br J Surg. 2008;95:438-46 pubmed publisher..However, fibrovascular in-growth and ECM deposition were limited. This implant has excellent potential for soft tissue reinforcement. ..
- Rubio M, Saito T, Kattleman K, Zhao G, Buchli J, Sykes M. Mechanisms of the antitumor responses and host-versus-graft reactions induced by recipient leukocyte infusions in mixed chimeras prepared with nonmyeloablative conditioning: a critical role for recipient CD4+ T cells and recipient leukocyte infusion-. J Immunol. 2005;175:665-76 pubmed..The pathways of donor marrow and tumor rejection lead to the development of tumor-specific cell-mediated cytotoxic responses that are not due to bystander killing by alloreactive T cells...
- Johnson S, Qi S, Xu D, Jolicoeur M, Liu D, Barama A, et al. Synergistic effects of RAD and Neoral in inhibition of host-vs.-graft and graft-vs.-host immune responses in rat small-bowel transplantation. Microsurgery. 2003;23:476-82 pubmed..070, 0.301). The combination therapy of RAD and Neoral produces a strong synergistic effect toward the inhibition of HVG, GVH, and combined HVG and GVH immune responses in a rat small-bowel transplantation model. ..
- Hasegawa W, Lipton J, Messner H, Jamal H, Yi Q, Daly A, et al. Influence of one human leukocyte antigen mismatch on outcome of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation from related donors. Hematology. 2003;8:27-33 pubmed..There was an increase in mortality related to infections occurring in the setting of an increased frequency of graft failure in these patients. ..
- Simpson E, Scott D, James E, Lombardi G, Cwynarski K, Dazzi F, et al. Minor H antigens: genes and peptides. Transpl Immunol. 2002;10:115-23 pubmed
- Smythe G, Hodgetts S, Grounds M. Problems and solutions in myoblast transfer therapy. J Cell Mol Med. 2001;5:33-47 pubmed
- Gandy K. Tolerance induction for solid organ grafts with donor-derived hematopoietic reconstitution. Immunol Res. 2000;22:147-64 pubmed..This review will focus on some of the experimental and clinical data of the past and the experimental and clinical issues that loom ahead. ..
- Broers A, Bruinsma M, Posthumus van Sluijs S, Wils E, Spits H, Lowenberg B, et al. IL-7-mediated protection against minor-antigen-mismatched allograft rejection is associated with enhanced recovery of regulatory T cells. Haematologica. 2007;92:1099-106 pubmed..Post-transplant IL-7 administration protects against minor antigen-mismatched bone marrow rejection, which may be due to enhanced Treg recovery. ..
- Ugarte R, Kraus E, Montgomery R, Burdick J, Ratner L, Haas M, et al. Excellent outcomes after transplantation of deceased donor kidneys with high terminal creatinine and mild pathologic lesions. Transplantation. 2005;80:794-800 pubmed..Under select conditions, kidneys from donors with high terminal creatinine can be used safely with excellent results. ..
- Dawson J, Vidal A, Malyguine A. Natural killer cell-endothelial cell interactions in xenotransplantation. Immunol Res. 2000;22:165-76 pubmed..These findings parallel those observed in allogeneic NK cell-endothelial cell interactions and suggest these important observations may be extended to NK cell-endothelial cell interactions in general. ..