Genomes and Genes
antigen antibody reactions
Summary: The processes triggered by interactions of ANTIBODIES with their ANTIGENS.
- Sepulveda J, Shoemaker C. Design and testing of PCR primers for the construction of scFv libraries representing the immunoglobulin repertoire of rats. J Immunol Methods. 2008;332:92-102 pubmed publisher..The primers and methods developed for rat scFvs should be of use to others seeking to characterize the antibody repertoire and/or prepare recombinant antibodies from this model. ..
- Pachner A. Measurement of binding anti-IFNbeta antibodies in IFNbeta-treated MS patients: lessons for the clinician and basic scientist. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;194:5-6 pubmed
- Torresi J. Hepatitis B antiviral resistance and vaccine escape: two sides of the same coin. Antivir Ther. 2008;13:337-40 pubmed
- Yuan Q, Robinson M, Simmons H, Russeva M, Adams G. Isolation of anti-MISIIR scFv molecules from a phage display library by cell sorter biopanning. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2008;57:367-78 pubmed
- Noestheden M, Hu Q, Tay L, Tonary A, Stolow A, MacKenzie R, et al. Synthesis and characterization of CN-modified protein analogues as potential vibrational contrast agents. Bioorg Chem. 2007;35:284-93 pubmed..The generality of this labeling strategy should make it applicable to modifying an array of proteins with varied structure and function. ..
- Yuan X, Fabregat D, Yoshimoto K, Nagasaki Y. Efficient inhibition of interfacial nonspecific interaction to create practically utilizable high ferritin-response immunolatex. Anal Chem. 2009;81:10097-105 pubmed publisher..0 M for at least one week, obviously demonstrating that the PEG surface modification technique described in this paper is a promising method of constructing efficient immunoassay systems. ..
- Fowler J, Stuart M, Wong D. Self-assembled layer of thiolated protein G as an immunosensor scaffold. Anal Chem. 2007;79:350-4 pubmed
- Fakunle E, Aguilar Z, Shultz J, Toland A, Fritsch I. Evaluation of screen-printed gold on low-temperature co-fired ceramic as a substrate for the immobilization of electrochemical immunoassays. Langmuir. 2006;22:10844-53 pubmed..The outcomes of these studies can now be used to achieve miniaturized electrochemical immunoassays on LTCC materials where both plain and SPG surfaces are present. ..
- Prasad P, Rani A, Chaube S, Rohil V, Shrivastav T. Kinetic analysis of a human chorionic gonadotropin-beta epitope-paratope interaction. Growth Factors. 2008;26:331-42 pubmed publisher..Based on the results of present investigation, we conclude that dissociation kinetics coupled with SS-SPRIA unequivocally provides considerable insight into the study of ligand-ligate interactions and epitope analysis. ..
- Cadwell C, Zimring J. Cross-linking induces non-haemolytic antigen-loss from transfused red blood cells: a potential role for rheumatoid factor. Vox Sang. 2008;95:159-62 pubmed publisher..These findings support a model of cross-linking being required, and raise the possibility that naturally occurring anti-IgG, such as rheumatoid factor, may contribute to antigen-loss. ..
- Ozkumur E, Needham J, Bergstein D, Gonzalez R, Cabodi M, Gershoni J, et al. Label-free and dynamic detection of biomolecular interactions for high-throughput microarray applications. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:7988-92 pubmed publisher..The presented method is particularly relevant for protein microarray analysis because it is label-free, simple, sensitive, and easily scales to high-throughput. ..
- Schroten C, Kraaij R, Veldhoven J, Berrevoets C, Den Bakker M, Ma Q, et al. T cell activation upon exposure to patient-derived tumor tissue: a functional assay to select patients for adoptive T cell therapy. J Immunol Methods. 2010;359:11-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, a sensitive and donor-independent assay was established to measure T cell activation upon exposure to patient-derived tumor tissue, which may facilitate pre-selection of patients for clinical adoptive T cell therapy...
- Thanyani S, Roberts V, Siko D, Vrey P, Verschoor J. A novel application of affinity biosensor technology to detect antibodies to mycolic acid in tuberculosis patients. J Immunol Methods. 2008;332:61-72 pubmed publisher..If biosensor technology could be made suitable for high throughput screening, then it may provide the solution to the serodiagnosis of tuberculosis against a background of HIV. ..
- Li X, Abell C, Cooper M. Single-step biocompatible coating for sulfhydryl coupling of receptors using 2-(pyridinyldithio)ethylcarbamoyl dextran. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2008;61:113-7 pubmed
- Ishida T, Atobe K, Wang X, Kiwada H. Accelerated blood clearance of PEGylated liposomes upon repeated injections: effect of doxorubicin-encapsulation and high-dose first injection. J Control Release. 2006;115:251-8 pubmed..Our observations may thus have important implications for the development, evaluation and therapeutic use of liposomal cytotoxic drug formulations requiring multiple injection schemes. ..
- Zagorski J, Gellar M, Obraztsova M, Kline J, Watts J. Inhibition of CINC-1 decreases right ventricular damage caused by experimental pulmonary embolism in rats. J Immunol. 2007;179:7820-6 pubmed..These results suggest that selective anti-inflammatory therapies targeted at neutrophil chemoattractants will reduce cardiac inflammation and reduce RV damage in the setting of PE. ..
- Brehin A, Rubrecht L, Navarro Sanchez M, Marechal V, Frenkiel M, Lapalud P, et al. Production and characterization of mouse monoclonal antibodies reactive to Chikungunya envelope E2 glycoprotein. Virology. 2008;371:185-95 pubmed..Anti-CHIK E2 MAbs 3C3, 3E4, and 8A4 should be helpful for studying the biology of CHIK virus and pathogenesis of disease. The combination of 8A4 and 3E4 is suitable for developing a specific antigen-capture ELISA. ..
- Guo Z, Fan X, Liu L, Bian Z, Gu C, Zhang Y, et al. Achieving high-purity colloidal gold nanoprisms and their application as biosensing platforms. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2010;348:29-36 pubmed publisher..The experimental results clearly suggest that gold nanoprisms can be a promising nanostructured system for plasmonic sensor applications. ..
- Ranieri D, Hofstetter H, Hofstetter O. Computational structural analysis of an anti-L-amino acid antibody and inversion of its stereoselectivity. J Sep Sci. 2009;32:1686-95 pubmed publisher..Substitution of four amino acids residues, three in the framework and one in the complementarity determining regions (CDRs), allowed in silico conversion of the anti-L-AA into an antibody that stereoselectively binds D-phenylalanine. ..
- Liu Z, Liu Z, Shi Y, Zhou G. Evaluation of the immunosensitizing potential of chlorogenic acid using a popliteal lymph node assay in BALB/c mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:1059-65 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these results suggest that exposure to CGA may not represent a safety concern for humans and that removal of CGA from Traditional Chinese Medicine Injections may not significantly decrease the prevalence of HRs. ..
- Winters J, Richa E, Bryant S, Tauscher C, Bendix B, Stubbs J. Polyethylene glycol antiglobulin tube versus gel microcolumn: influence on the incidence of delayed hemolytic transfusion reactions and delayed serologic transfusion reactions. Transfusion. 2010;50:1444-52 pubmed publisher..The implementation of gel resulted in a lower incidence of DHTRs and DSTRs compared to PEG. ..
- Matsui K, Gromowski G, Li L, Barrett A. Characterization of a dengue type-specific epitope on dengue 3 virus envelope protein domain III. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:2249-53 pubmed publisher..The location of the mAb 14A4-8 epitope overlaps with the DENV complex-reactive antigenic site in the DENV-3 ED3 domain. ..
- Daly D, Anderson K, White A, Gonzalez R, Varnum S, Zangar R. Predicting protein concentrations with ELISA microarray assays, monotonic splines and Monte Carlo simulation. Stat Appl Genet Mol Biol. 2008;7:Article21 pubmed publisher..MSMC was more reliable when automated prediction across simultaneous assays was applied routinely with minimal user guidance. ..
- Ramos Vara J, Miller M. Comparison of two polymer-based immunohistochemical detection systems: ENVISION+ and ImmPRESS. J Microsc. 2006;224:135-9 pubmed..The cost of ImmPRESS was 25% lower than for ENVISION+trade mark. Based on these results, ImmPRESS is a good polymer-based detection system for routine immunohistochemistry. ..
- Fuhrmann A, Ros R. Single-molecule force spectroscopy: a method for quantitative analysis of ligand-receptor interactions. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2010;5:657-66 pubmed publisher..In this article, we introduce single-molecule force spectroscopy with a focus on novel developments in both data analysis and theoretical models for the technique. We also demonstrate two examples of the capabilities of this method. ..
- Rocchia W, Neshich G. Electrostatic potential calculation for biomolecules--creating a database of pre-calculated values reported on a per residue basis for all PDB protein structures. Genet Mol Res. 2007;6:923-36 pubmed..BlueStar STING is available at http://www.cbi.cnptia.embrapa.br. ..
- Sudha T, Lakshmi V, Teja V. Western blot profile in HIV infection. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2006;72:357-60 pubmed..83% and 48.61% had counts of < 200 and> 500 cells/microl respectively. Interpretation of the WB band pattern in combination with clinical features may be occasionally useful in predicting the stage of HIV infection. ..
- Cao T, Wang A, Liang X, Tang H, Auner G, Salley S, et al. Patterned immobilization of antibodies in mechanically induced cracks. J Phys Chem B. 2008;112:2727-33 pubmed publisher..This technique shows a great potential for applications in the fields of sensing and tissue engineering. ..
- Bich C, Scott M, Panagiotidis A, Wenzel R, Nazabal A, Zenobi R. Characterization of antibody-antigen interactions: comparison between surface plasmon resonance measurements and high-mass matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry. Anal Biochem. 2008;375:35-45 pubmed..g., immobilization, regeneration). High-mass MALDI MS needs a higher overall amount of sample and cannot give direct access to the kinetic constants, but the analysis is faster and easier compared with SPR. ..
- Huang L, Muyldermans S, Saerens D. Nanobodies®: proficient tools in diagnostics. Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2010;10:777-85 pubmed publisher..Here we present several examples of currently available applications of Nanobodies to the field of immunosensor for cancer, immunoaffinity chromatography, in vivo and intracellular imaging. ..
- Hoyer J, Grogg K, Hanson C, Gamez J, Dogan A. CD33 detection by immunohistochemistry in paraffin-embedded tissues: a new antibody shows excellent specificity and sensitivity for cells of myelomonocytic lineage. Am J Clin Pathol. 2008;129:316-23 pubmed publisher..The CD33 antibody was also found to be a useful marker in the workup of myeloid sarcomas. This anti-CD33 antibody will be a useful marker in the workup of acute leukemias and myeloid sarcomas on paraffin-embedded tissue samples. ..
- Zhang Y, Ma Y, Gao Z, Dai S. Predicting the cross-reactivities of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in ELISA by regression analysis and CoMFA methods. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2010;397:2551-7 pubmed publisher..4 and 59.6%, respectively. Both of the QSAR models satisfactorily predict the CR in this PAH immunoassay kit, and help in understanding the mechanisms of antigen-antibody interaction. ..
- Muir B, Barden M, Collett S, Gorse A, Monteiro R, Yang L, et al. High-throughput optimization of surfaces for antibody immobilization using metal complexes. Anal Biochem. 2007;363:97-107 pubmed..These high-binding surfaces do not require prior incorporation of polyhistidine tags or posttreatments such as oxidation to achieve essentially irreversible binding of immunoglobulin G. ..
- Scaramuzzo F, Salvati R, Paci B, Generosi A, Rossi Albertini V, Latini A, et al. Nanoscale in situ morphological study of proteins immobilized on gold thin films. J Phys Chem B. 2009;113:15895-9 pubmed publisher..In addition to this, we demonstrated that the antigen-antibody reaction takes place when one of the two reactants is anchored to the surface. ..
- Bonanno L, Delouise L. Steric crowding effects on target detection in an affinity biosensor. Langmuir. 2007;23:5817-23 pubmed..4-17 ng mm(-2)), and binding specificity was demonstrated by employing an anti-chicken IgG control receptor. This study underlines the importance of considering binding avidity and surface topography in optimizing chip-based biosensors. ..
- Tippkötter N, Stückmann H, Kroll S, Winkelmann G, Noack U, Scheper T, et al. A semi-quantitative dipstick assay for microcystin. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2009;394:863-9 pubmed publisher..The ready-to-use dipsticks were successfully tested with microcystin-LR-spiked samples of outdoor drinking- and salt water and applied to the tissue of microcystin-fed mussels. ..
- Ahmadvand D, Rasaee M, Rahbarizadeh F, Kontermann R, Sheikholislami F. Cell selection and characterization of a novel human endothelial cell specific nanobody. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1814-23 pubmed publisher..This selected high affinity anti-endoglin nanobody may offer high specificity towards tumors with reduced side effects, and may be less likely to elicit drug resistance compared to conventional therapy. ..
- Bosshard V, Roux Lombard P, Perneger T, Metzger M, Vivien R, Rochat T, et al. Do results of the T-SPOT.TB interferon-gamma release assay change after treatment of tuberculosis?. Respir Med. 2009;103:30-4 pubmed publisher..Decrease in SFUs under treatment suggests a relationship with antigen load; however, persisting high SFUs were not predictive of unfavourable outcome and test reversion was rare. ..
- Hu M, Wang J, Cai J, Wu Y, Wang X. Nanostructure and force spectroscopy analysis of human peripheral blood CD4+ T cells using atomic force microscopy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;374:90-4 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the adhesion force involved in the CD4 antigen-antibody interaction is highly selective and of high affinity. ..
- Yang L, Diaz J, McIntire T, Weiss G, Penner R. Direct electrical transduction of antibody binding to a covalent virus layer using electrochemical impedance. Anal Chem. 2008;80:5695-705 pubmed publisher..05 M HCl, as previously described for mass-based detection, caused a loss of sensitivity that may be associated with a transition of these phage particles within the CVL from a linear to a coiled conformation at low pH. ..
- Raulf Heimsoth M, Rihs H, Rozynek P, Cremer R, Gaspar A, Pires G, et al. Quantitative analysis of immunoglobulin E reactivity profiles in patients allergic or sensitized to natural rubber latex (Hevea brasiliensis). Clin Exp Allergy. 2007;37:1657-67 pubmed..Characterized native and recombinant Hevea brasiliensis (rHev b) natural rubber latex (NRL) allergens are available to assess patient allergen sensitization profiles...
- De Lorenzo C, Troise F, Cafaro V, D Alessio G. Combinatorial experimental protocols for Erbicin-derived immunoagents and Herceptin. Br J Cancer. 2007;97:1354-60 pubmed
- Thompson N, Burgess R. Identification of polyol-responsive monoclonal antibodies for use in immunoaffinity chromatography. Curr Protoc Mol Biol. 2001;Chapter 11:Unit11.18 pubmed publisher..They have proven to be very valuable reagents for the immunoaffinity purification of active, labile, multi-subunit protein complexes. ..
- Geng S, Chang H, Qin W, Li Y, Feng J, Shen B. Overexpression, effective renaturation, and bioactivity of novel single-chain antibodies against TNF-alpha. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2008;38:74-86 pubmed..The bioactivity of the single-chain antibodies was significantly increased over the domain antibody. ..
- Zeller S, Rhyner C, Meyer N, Schmid Grendelmeier P, Akdis C, Crameri R. Exploring the repertoire of IgE-binding self-antigens associated with atopic eczema. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;124:278-85, 285.e1-7 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a broad spectrum of at least 140 IgE-binding self-antigens associated with AE. By binding IgE antibodies or activating specific T cells, they might promote, perpetuate, or both existing skin inflammation. ..
- Yoshida A, Hisatome I, Taniguchi S, Shirayoshi Y, Yamamoto Y, Miake J, et al. Pendrin is a novel autoantigen recognized by patients with autoimmune thyroid diseases. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:442-8 pubmed publisher..The study identifies pendrin as a novel autoantigen recognized by patients with autoimmune thyroid diseases and proposes the use of pendrin antibodies as an accurate diagnostic tool. ..
- Ahmadvand D, Rahbarizadeh F, Vishteh V. High-expression of monoclonal nanobodies used in the preparation of HRP-conjugated second antibody. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2008;27:269-76 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the present reagent can detect nanobodies in various detection procedures with great sensitivity and accuracy. ..
- Weidanz J, Piazza P, Hickman Miller H, Woodburn D, Nguyen T, Wahl A, et al. Development and implementation of a direct detection, quantitation and validation system for class I MHC self-peptide epitopes. J Immunol Methods. 2007;318:47-58 pubmed..We therefore demonstrate the successful development and implementation of an integrated discovery and validation technology system for direct identification and confirmation of class I MHC-peptide epitopes on cells. ..
- Capone R, Wang H, Ning Y, Sweier D, Lopatin D, Fenno J. Human serum antibodies recognize Treponema denticola Msp and PrtP protease complex proteins. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2008;23:165-9 pubmed publisher..Because there are no reports of in vivo expression of these putative virulence factors, we examined several T. denticola strains to determine whether sera from human subjects recognized specific T. denticola outer membrane proteins...