- Announcing the worldwide Protein Data Bank
Nat Struct Biol 10:980. 2003
- Spectral archives: extending spectral libraries to analyze both identified and unidentified spectra
Ari M Frank
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Methods 8:587-91. 2011
..We propose a spectral archives approach that clusters MS/MS datasets, representing similar spectra by a single consensus spectrum...
- Science, institutional archives and open access: an overview and a pilot survey on the Italian cancer research institutions
Publishing Unit, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:168. 2010
- GENOTRACE: cDNA-based local GENOme assembly from TRACE archives
Hubrecht Laboratory, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Bioinformatics 18:1396-7. 2002
..identifies the genomic organization for a cDNA using raw data from genome sequencing projects in progress (trace archives)...
- The European Radiobiology Archives (ERA)--content, structure and use illustrated by an example
G B Gerber
B 2400 Mol, De Heylanden 7, European Late Effects Project Group EULEP, Belgium
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 118:70-7. 2006
The European Radiobiology Archives (ERA), supported by the European Commission and the European Late Effect Project Group (EULEP), together with the US National Radiobiology Archives (NRA) and the Japanese Radiobiology Archives (JRA) have ..
- Progress in updating the European Radiobiology Archives
Federal Office for Radiation Protection, Department of Radiation Protection and Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Int J Radiat Biol 84:930-6. 2008
The European Radiobiology Archives (ERA), together with corresponding Japanese and American databases, hold data from nearly all experimental animal radiation biology studies carried out between 1960 and 1998, involving more than 300,000 ..
- From the archives of the AFIP. Child abuse: radiologic-pathologic correlation
Gael J Lonergan
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 14th and Alaska Sts NW, Bldg 54, Rm M 121, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Radiographics 23:811-45. 2003
..For skull injuries, radiography is best for detecting fractures, but computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging best depict intracranial injury...
- From the archives of the AFIP: imaging of primary chondrosarcoma: radiologic-pathologic correlation
Mark D Murphey
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 6825 16th Street NW, Bldg 54, Rm M 133A, Washington, DC 20306, USA
Radiographics 23:1245-78. 2003
- Content-based image retrieval for large biomedical image archives
Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications, National Library of Medicine, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:829-33. 2004
..In this paper we present the challenges in developing CBIR of biomedical images and results from our research efforts...
- Plants used traditionally to treat malaria in Brazil: the archives of Flora Medicinal
Alexandros S Botsaris
IBPM Brazilian Institute of Medicinal Plants, Rua Gal Urquiza 128, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 22431 040, Brazil
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 3:18. 2007
The archives of Flora Medicinal, an ancient pharmaceutical laboratory that supported ethnomedical research in Brazil for more than 30 years, were searched for plants with antimalarial use...
- [Objectives, tools and methods for an epidemiological use of electronic health archives in various areas of Italy]
Dipartimento di Medicina Ambientale e Sanità Pubblica, Universita di Padova
Epidemiol Prev 32:5-14. 2008
The availability of Electronic Health Archives (EHA) has increased remarkably over the last twenty years...
- Effects of variability in anatomical reconstruction techniques on models of synaptic integration by dendrites: a comparison of three Internet archives
Department of Physiology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Str Marinescu 38, 540139 Tg Mures, Romania
Eur J Neurosci 19:1257-66. 2004
..In this study compartmental models were used to compare from a functional perspective three on-line archives of rat hippocampal CA1 pyramidal cell morphologies...
- Digital information archiving policies in high-impact medical and scientific periodicals
Lisa M Schilling
JAMA 292:2724-6. 2004
- The Protein Data Bank: unifying the archive
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Department of Chemistry, 610 Taylor Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854 8087, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:245-8. 2002
..rcsb.org/pub/pdb/uniformity/data/mmCIF/). A utility application that converts the mmCIF data files to the PDB format (called CIFTr) has also been released to provide support for existing software...
- Say, can I get glossies of my colonoscopy? New services keep digital archives of your medical tests
Wayne J Guglielmo
Newsweek 139:72. 2002
- Looking back to the future
Nurs Times 98:18. 2002
- [Archives of the Tropical Medicine Society: F. Mesnil]
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 95:227-8. 2002
- [The historical archive of the Psychiatric Hospital of Santa Maria Della Pietá di Roma]
Med Secoli 14:183-201. 2002
- [Sources for the history of health sciences in Brazil (1808-1930)]
Maria Rachel Fróes da Fonseca
Departamento de Pesquisa, Casa de Oswaldo Cruz Fiocruz, RJ Brasil
Hist Cienc Saude Manguinhos 9:275-88. 2002
The article presents a panorama of documented sources and of the most representative archives, libraries, and documentation centers pertinent to the history of health sciences in Brazil (1808-1930)...
- e-Science and its implications
UK e Science Core Programme, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, Polaris House, Swindon SN2 1ET, UK
Philos Transact A Math Phys Eng Sci 361:1809-25. 2003
..The paper concludes with remarks about social and technological issues posed by Grid-enabled 'collaboratories' in both scientific and commercial contexts...
- The EMBL sequence version archive
EMBL Outstation The European Bioinformatics Institute EBI, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK
Bioinformatics 19:1861-2. 2003
..Its entries are subject to changes, but only the most recent versions are preserved in the database. The EMBL Sequence Version Archive is a new publicly available database retaining also the earlier versions of these entries...
- Administrative records management and archival program: the Kingston experience
J A Low
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen's University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Can Bull Med Hist 18:381-9. 2001
..the President and Board of Directors, the appointment of a hospital archivist, and an agreement to maintain the archives in Queen's University Archives...
- Medical memory bank
Minn Med 86:13-5. 2003
- [Researching documents on the history of hansen's disease in Brazil]
Vicente Saul Moreira dos Santos
International Leprosy Association, vinculado a Unit for the History of Medicine da Oxford University, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Hist Cienc Saude Manguinhos 10:415-26. 2003
..This research is part of the International Leprosy Association Global Project on the History of Leprosy. Its results can be accessed at the site http://www.leprosyhistory.org..
- The papers of Stanley Browne: leprologist and medical missionary (1907-1986)
Wellcome Unit for the History of Medicine, Oxford, UK
Hist Cienc Saude Manguinhos 10:427-33. 2003
..This research is part of the International Leprosy Association Global Project on the History of Leprosy. Its results can be accessed at the site http://www.leprosyhistory.org..
- Storage options for the healthcare enterprise
Edward M Smith
Department of Radiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, N Y, USA
Radiol Manage 25:26-30; quiz 31-3. 2003
..After the technologies currently available are evaluated, it is imperative that the chosen solution is cost-effective and scalable, and that it will allow the HE to take advantage of future storage and storage management technology...
- Wellcome home to the Wellcome Foundation Archive
Wellcome Foundation Archive, Wellcome Trust, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE
Med Hist 48:95-111. 2004
- [Sources for a history of the Brazilian Ministry of health's fifty years]
Ana Luce Girão Soares de Lima
Hist Cienc Saude Manguinhos 10:1037-51. 2003
..The study also looks at the activities of the sanitarians and intellectuals who were important actors in the process of ideological construction not only of State structures but of the policies themselves...
- Nursing Record/British Journal of Nursing archives, 1888-1956
European Institute of Health and Medical Science, University of Surrey, UK
Br J Nurs 13:280-4. 2004
..The main advantages of the digitized journal are much wider access to this source and protection of fragile archival material...
- A brief history of brain archiving
Department of History and Philosophy of Science, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK
J Hist Neurosci 12:396-410. 2003
..This preliminary survey of brain archiving uses examples of specific collections in order to discuss changes in the techniques, goals and achievements of neural tissue collecting from the mid-eighteenth to the late twentieth centuries...
- Web links leave abstracts going nowhere
Nature 428:592. 2004
- DICOM structured reporting: Part 1. Overview and characteristics
Division of Medical and Biological Informatics, H0100, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Radiographics 24:891-6. 2004
..Harmonization of DICOM SR and the Health Level Seven clinical document architecture standard is under way...
- Valuing past achievements
Br J Nurs 13:352. 2004
- A home for our history
Nurs Stand 18:18-20. 2004
- Retrieval of images from artistic repositories using a decision fusion framework
Multimedia Laboratory, The Edward S Rogers, Sr Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, M5S 2G4, ON, Canada
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:277-92. 2004
..The analysis and results of this paper indicate that the aggregation technique presented here provides an effective, general, and flexible tool for similarity calculation based on the combination of individual descriptors and features...
- JPEG2000 and dissemination of cultural heritage over the Internet
Eugenia A Politou
Cultural and Educational Technology Institute, Xanthi 67100, Greece
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:293-301. 2004
- Content-based retrieval of historical Ottoman documents stored as textual images
Department of Computer Engineering, Bilkent University, 06533 Bilkent, Ankara, Turkey
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:314-25. 2004
There is an accelerating demand to access the visual content of documents stored in historical and cultural archives. Availability of electronic imaging tools and effective image processing techniques makes it feasible to process the ..
- Retrieval for color artistry concepts
Jose A Lay
School of Electrical and Information Engineering, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:326-39. 2004
..The elemental concepts are used to index the artworks, while the generative grammar is used to facilitate post-coordinate expression of color artistry concept queries by using the elemental concepts...
- Studying digital imagery of ancient paintings by mixtures of stochastic models
Department of Statistics, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:340-53. 2004
..Experiments have demonstrated good potential of our approach in automatic analysis of paintings. Our work can be applied to other domains...
- Low-cost optoelectronic system for three-dimensional artwork texture measurement
Giuseppe Schirripa Spagnolo
INFM Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettronica, Universita di Roma Tre, I 00146 Rome, Italy
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:390-6. 2004
..The proposed system is based on a simple and low cost equipment; furthermore, it is suitable for in situ measurements also by nonskilled operators. Some experimental examples illustrate its performance...
- Virtual restoration of ancient Chinese paintings using color contrast enhancement and lacuna texture synthesis
Soo Chang Pei
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan, ROC
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:416-29. 2004
..Moreover, the boundary between original and synthesized paintings is seamless, and unable to distinguish in which the undesirable pattern appears...
- How long will it last?
T Scott Plutchak
J Med Libr Assoc 92:389-90. 2004
- The archives and instrument collection of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
James M Edmonson
Dittrick Medical History Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 60:969-77. 2004
- An introduction to Project Bionics' "guide to collections relating to the history of artificial organs"
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Rte 0528, Galveston, TX 77555 0528, USA
ASAIO J 51:128-32. 2005
- Career History Archival Medical and Personnel System
E K Eric Gunderson
Behavioral Science and Epidemiology Program, Naval Health Research Center, P O Box 85122, San Diego, CA 92186 5122, USA
Mil Med 170:172-5. 2005
..The database contains detailed epidemiological data on more than six million members of the military services. It is the largest known epidemiological database in the United States...
- Digital mammography: a world without film?
Oxford University Computing Laboratory, Wolfson Building, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QD, United Kingdom
Methods Inf Med 44:168-71. 2005
- [Historical Archives of Italian Nephrology. The gout as a paradigmatic example of the ancient humoral theory of diseases]
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Sezione MISO, Universita di Perugia, 06100 Perugia, Italy
G Ital Nefrol 22:235-40. 2005
- Supplementary data need to be kept in public repositories
Nature 438:738. 2005
- Electronically signed documents in health care--analysis and assessment of data formats and transformation
Center for Information Technology and Biomedical Engineering, Heidelberg University Medical Center, Germany
Methods Inf Med 44:520-7. 2005
- American Medical Informatics Association Nursing Informatics History Committee
Bonnie L Westra
University of Minnesota School of Nursing, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 24:113-5. 2006
- [Patient archiving and communication systems: an example of the clinical application of information technology]
A M El-Gatit
Faculty of Medicine, Omar Al Mokhtar University, Al Baidaa, Tobruk, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
East Mediterr Health J 12:218-24. 2006
..This paper describes these systems and explores how they work, as an example of the application of information technology in developing clinical work, and critical care in particular...
- [Autographs of physicians and famous scholars]
Hist Sci Med 40:129-40. 2006
The Archives of the Society of Medicine of Bordeaux include the period of two centuries from 1796 to 1995 and many autographs and letters of medical doctors and famous scholars can be found in them such as Claude Bernard, Laennec or ..
- Accessibility of Internet references in Annals of Emergency Medicine: is it time to require archiving?
Andrea W Thorp
Loma Linda University Medical Center and Children s Hospital, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Ann Emerg Med 50:188-92, 192.e1-33. 2007
..Secondary objectives are to determine whether the number of Internet references is increasing and to describe how Internet references are inaccessible...
- Max Graf's "Reminiscences of Professor Sigmund Freud" revisited: new evidence from the Freud archives
Jerome C Wakefield
Psychoanal Q 76:149-92. 2007
..The interviews place incidents reported in the article in a new and more complex light, and also underscore the intensely personal nature of the intellectual development of the psychoanalytic movement...
- The Leipzig episode in Freud's life (1859): a new narrative on the basis of recently discovered documents
Psychoanal Q 76:193-215. 2007
..Using material from the Leipzig city archives, the authors explore the attempts of Freud's father in 1859 to obtain a permanent residence permit in Leipzig for ..
- Save your notes, drafts and printouts: today's work is tomorrow's history
Nature 446:725. 2007
- [Archives for the history of malaria]
Margherita Bettini Prosperi
Cooperativa RomArchivi, Roma, I
Med Secoli 18:51-62. 2006
b>Archives for the history of malaria and malariology in Italy have been 'rediscovered' in the recent past...
- [Malariology offprints in the Bignami archive]
Med Secoli 18:63-73. 2006
..Besides providing a sample of the state of the art on malariology in the period, they offer evidence concerning the network and activities of malariologists in Italy and abroad...
- [Adalberto Pazzini and the origins of the Istituto di Storia della Medicina]
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Sezione di Storia della Medicina, Universita La Sapienza, Roma, I
Med Secoli 18:297-311. 2006
- The risk of using the Internet as reference resource: a comparative study
Matthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences AIBS, Athens, Greece
Int J Med Inform 77:280-6. 2008
..We sought to examine the frequency and the specific problems encountered in accessing Internet references in two leading medical journals during the last 3 years...
- [Sources on German emigration to America]
Archivar 55:129-33. 2002
- Reflections on history's evidence base
Nurs Inq 14:265. 2007
- Pointing a digit at digitised JEEM
Development 135:2339. 2008
- Data storage for managing the health enterprise and achieving business continuity
J Healthc Inf Manag 17:32-6. 2003
..This article focuses on three areas of enterprise storage: tape, disk, and disaster avoidance...
- [European physician - travellers and the Ottoman Empire]
I.U. Edebiyak Fakultesi Sanat Tarihi Bolumu emekli ogretim uyesi
Yeni Tip Tarihi Arastirmalari 4:79-92. 1998
..Most of these books of travel were printed, though some of them sank into oblivion in manuscripts in the European archives and libraries...
- [Occupational mortality in Italy during 1992, assessed through record-linkage between pension records and death certificates]
Servizio regionale di Epidemiologia, ASL 5, Grugliasco TO
Med Lav 96:s52-65. 2005
- Dying with dignity in America: the transformational leadership of Florence Wald
Director of Nursing, Capital Community College, Hartford, CT, USA
J Prof Nurs 26:125-32. 2010
..in 2007 in Connecticut, this research examined three groups of documents from The Florence and Henry Wald Archives in the Yale University Library...
- Smoothelin is a specific marker for smooth muscle neoplasms of the gastrointestinal tract
Dominique P Coco
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1795-801. 2009
..of the GI tract, abdominal cavity, and retroperitoneum were retrieved from consult and surgical pathology archives, including 54 GISTs (8 KIT-negative; 13 desmin-positive), 17 GI leiomyosarcomas (LMS), 11 GI mural leiomyomas, 13 ..
- Recurrent sarcoidosis in lung transplant allografts: granulomas are of recipient origin
Diana N Ionescu
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 14:140-5. 2005
..The origin of the histiocytes composing the noncaseating granulomas in the allograft lung in patients with recurrent sarcoidosis (RS) was analyzed using DNA identity testing in 4 cases...
- Mortality of a cohort of road construction and maintenance workers with work disability compensation
Servizio Sovrazonale di Epidemiologia, ASL 5, Regione Piemonte
Med Lav 93:519-26. 2002
..data in which information about occupations and/or economic sectors of the subjects enrolled is reported, such as death certificates, hospital discharge data, census data, tax and pension records, and workers' compensation archives.
- A retrospective analysis of spontaneous sphenoid sinus fistula: MR and CT findings
P G Shetty
Department of Imaging, P D Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Mumbai, India
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 21:337-42. 2000
..The sphenoid sinus is rarely implicated as a site of spontaneous CSF fistula. We undertook this study to evaluate the potential etiopathogenesis of spontaneous CSF fistula involving the sphenoid sinus and to review the imaging findings...
- Update in women's health
Pamela S Ganschow
Rush University Medical Center Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:765-70. 2009
..The aim of this clinical update is to summarize articles and guidelines published in the last year with the potential to change current clinical practice as it relates to women's health...
- Arsenic-related skin lesions and glutathione S-transferase P1 A1578G (Ile105Val) polymorphism in two ethnic clans exposed to indoor combustion of high arsenic coal in one village
Guo Fang Lin
Laboratory of Toxicology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:863-71. 2006
..This study aimed to investigate the cluster of arsenism cases and the possible relevant factors including GSTP1 polymorphism in two clans of different ethnic origin living in one village for generations...
- Electrodiagnostic medicine skills competency in physical medicine and rehabilitation residents: a method for development and assessment
UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute, Edison, New Jersey 08818, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 87:654-65. 2008
..SAE) concepts from the American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation syllabus provided in the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation...
- Adult-type fibrosarcoma: A reevaluation of 163 putative cases diagnosed at a single institution over a 48-year period
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1504-13. 2010
..One hundred ninety-five cases diagnosed as adult FS in somatic soft tissue were retrieved from our institutional archives for the period 1960 to 2008. Thirty-two cases with insufficient material were excluded...
- A novel fixative improves opportunities of nucleic acids and proteomic analysis in human archive's tissues
Department of Clinical, Morphological and Technological Sciences, University of Trieste, 34149 Trieste, Italy
Diagn Mol Pathol 15:115-23. 2006
..After few sections for the histopathological examination the tissues are stored for decades in the hospital archives. Even if formalin fixation compromises the quality and integrity of nucleic acids, it has already been ..
- [The PAHO Strategic Fund: a mechanism to facilitate access to medicines]
Myrza M L de L Horst
Unidade de Medicamentos, Tecnologia e Pesquisa, Organização Pan Americana da Saúde, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Rev Panam Salud Publica 27:43-8. 2010
..To describe the medicine procurement activities of the PAHO Strategic Fund...
- Long-term use and follow-up of irradiated homologous costal cartilage grafts in the nose
Russell W H Kridel
Facial Plastic Surgery Associates, 6655 Travis, Ste 900, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Facial Plast Surg 11:378-94. 2009
In 1993, Kridel and Konior published a preliminary report (in the Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery) on the use of irradiated homologous costal cartilage (IHCC) or homograft cartilage in the nose...
- [Pertussis: a reemerging infection?]
Státní zdravotni ústav, Praha
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 56:51-65. 2007
..To study the causes of defective diagnosis and reporting and to propose remedial measures...
- Urology in pre-civil war Charleston
J Nathaniel Hamilton
Department of Urology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
J Urol 180:477-80. 2008
..We reviewed the historical archives of the Waring Library of the Medical University of South Carolina, specifically the history of urological ..
- Birth of a gene: locus of neuronal BC200 snmRNA in three prosimians and human BC200 pseudogenes as archives of change in the Anthropoidea lineage
V Y Kuryshev
Institute of Experimental Pathology Molecular Neurobiology, ZMBE, University of Munster, Von Esmarch Str 56, Munster, D 48149, Germany
J Mol Biol 309:1049-66. 2001
- Efficacy of spinal manipulation for chronic headache: a systematic review
Department of Research, Wolfe Harris Center for Clinical Studies, Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington, MN 55431, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 24:457-66. 2001
..Complementary or alternative therapies are increasingly being used by patients to treat headache pain, and spinal manipulative therapy (SMT) is among the most common of these...
- Hyaline droplet accumulation in rodent kidney proximal tubules: an association with histiocytic sarcoma
G C Hard
MRC Toxicology Unit, Carshalton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Toxicol Pathol 19:88-97. 1991
..of selected rodent studies held in the National Toxicology Program (NTP) or Food and Drug Administration (FDA) archives were evaluated for hyaline droplet accumulation in proximal tubules...
- CD4/CD8 double-negative epidermotropic cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: an immunohistochemical variant of mycosis fungoides
Department of Dermatology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:276-84. 2006
..A minority of patients have an unusual immunohistochemical profile consisting of a CD4(-), CD8(+) mature T-cell phenotype. An aberrant CD4/CD8 double-negative (DN) immunophenotype in patients with early MF has rarely been reported...
- Surveillance study of vector species on board passenger ships, risk factors related to infestations
Varvara A Mouchtouri
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Medical School, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
BMC Public Health 8:100. 2008
..Pest species, ship areas facilitating infestations, and different risk factors related to infestations were identified in 21 ferries...
- Extent of surgery in the management of phyllodes tumor of the breast: a retrospective multicenter study from India
Department of Surgery, G S V M Medical College, Kanpur, U P, India
J Cancer Res Ther 6:511-5. 2010
..Usually, difficulty in making preoperative diagnoses and unpredictable clinical outcome of this disease leads to inappropriate management. Till date, no definite conclusion regarding the appropriate surgical procedure can be drawn...
- The foundations for today's future
Diving Hyperb Med 41:118-20. 2011
- [Herpes zoster oticus: symptom constellation and serological diagnosis]
L E Walther
Universitäts HNO Klinik, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena
Laryngorhinootologie 83:355-62. 2004
..The clinical symptoms, the symptom constellation, diagnostics and therapy, however, have been examined till now only in few studies...
- [Spermiologic parameters in Czech men from 1950 to 1984 (analysis of data from the archives of the Sexology Institute of the First Medical School of Charles University and the General Medical School Hospital in Prague]
Sexuologický ústav, Univerzity Karlovy a Vseobecné fakultní nemocnice v Praze
Sb Lek 103:35-47. 2002
..We have analysed semen tests filed in the archives of the Institute of Sexology at the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University...
- Prevalence of hereditary ataxia and spastic paraplegia in southeast Norway: a population-based study
Anne Kjersti Erichsen
Department of Neurology, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Brain 132:1577-88. 2009
..Patients were recruited through colleagues, families, searches in computerized hospital archives and the National Patients' Association for Hereditary Ataxia and Spastic Paraplegia...
- [Role and contribution of the Croatian Medical Association in the founding of the pathoanatomic service of the public health divisions in the city of Zagreb in 1913]
Hrvatska akademija znanosti i umjetnosti, Zavod za povijest i filozofiju znanosti, Odsjek za povijest medicinskib znanosti, Zagreb
Lijec Vjesn 120:349-55. 1998
..searching through "Lijecnicki vjesnik" from 1877 through 1914, complemented with information from the available archives, as well as the facts published in newspapers and historical medical contributions...
- ERG-TMPRSS2 rearrangement is shared by concurrent prostatic adenocarcinoma and prostatic small cell carcinoma and absent in small cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder: evidence supporting monoclonal origin
Sean R Williamson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Mod Pathol 24:1120-7. 2011
..Thirty cases of prostatic small cell carcinoma from the authors' archives were studied, among which 13 had concurrent prostatic adenocarcinoma...
- Use of telemedicine to assist ophthalmologists in developing countries for the diagnosis and management of four categories of ophthalmic pathology
Doar Na Hof, Ha Carmel, Israel
Clin Ophthalmol 1:489-95. 2007
..The diagnosis and treatment plans proposed by ORBIS Telemedicine partners, all of whom were ophthalmologists, via Cyber-Sight, in four ophthalmic sub-specialty categories were compared to those suggested by expert mentors...
- Bone stress injuries of the talus in military recruits
Markus J Sormaala
Research Institute of Military Medicine, Central Military Hospital, and Department of Radiology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Bone 39:199-204. 2006
..recruits referred to MRI examination due to exercise-induced ankle and/or foot pain were identified from the MRI archives. MR images of cases with bone stress injury findings in the talus were retrospectively re-evaluated concerning ..
- Generation, description and storage of dendritic morphology data
G A Ascoli
Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study, George Mason University, MS2A1 4400 Univerity Drive, Fairfax VA 22030 4444, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 356:1131-45. 2001
..Neuroanatomical archives represent a crucial tool to explore structure-function relationships in the brain...
- Beta-catenin immunohistochemistry separates mesenteric fibromatosis from gastrointestinal stromal tumor and sclerosing mesenteritis
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:1296-301. 2002
..stromal tumors (GIST, 11), sclerosing mesenteritis (5), and mesenteric fibromatosis (10) were retrieved from the archives of our institutions...
- Stress injuries of the calcaneus detected with magnetic resonance imaging in military recruits
Markus J Sormaala
Centre of Military Medicine, P O Box 50, FIN 00301 Helsinki, Finland
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:2237-42. 2006
..Calcaneal stress injuries are fairly common overuse injuries in military recruits and athletes. We assessed the anatomic distribution, nature, and healing of calcaneal stress injuries in a group of military recruits...
- Ureteral polyps: an etiological factor of hydronephrosis in children that should not be ignored
Zhi Bin Niu
Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, 36 Sanhao Road, Heping District, Shenyang, China
Pediatr Surg Int 23:323-6. 2007
..We reviewed 15 cases of fibroepithelial polyps of the ureter with hydronephrosis from the archives of our department...
- Neuronal cell death in the arcuate nucleus of the medulla oblongata in stillbirth
Rebecca D Folkerth
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 26:133-40. 2008
..in stillbirth, and its co-occurrence with evidence of hypoxia-ischemia, we reviewed brain specimens from the archives of our hospitals from 22 consecutive stillbirths from 22 to 41 gestational weeks...
- Changes in reporting of race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, and age over 10 years
Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Pediatrics 115:e163-6. 2005
..The recognition of health disparities as an important aspect of US health care has led to renewed interest in the reporting of race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status (SES) in original research reports...
- Two high resolution terrestrial records of atmospheric Pb deposition from New Brunswick, Canada, and Loch Laxford, Scotland
Malin E Kylander
Department of Geology and Geochemistry, Stockholm University, 10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Sci Total Environ 407:1644-57. 2009
Environmental archives like peat deposits allow for the reconstruction of both naturally and anthropogenically forced changes in the biogeochemical cycle of Pb as well as the quantification of past and present atmospheric Pb pollution...