Genomes and Genes
histone deacetylase 2
Summary: A histone deacetylase subtype that is found along with HISTONE DEACETYLASE 1; RETINOBLASTOMA-BINDING PROTEIN 4; and RETINOBLASTOMA-BINDING PROTEIN 7 as core components of histone deacetylase complexes.
- Zhang Z, Lei A, Xu L, Chen L, Chen Y, Zhang X, et al. Similarity in gene-regulatory networks suggests that cancer cells share characteristics of embryonic neural cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12842-12859 pubmed publisher..This observed similarity in regulatory mechanisms suggests that cancer cells might share characteristics of embryonic neural cells. ..
- Kumar D, Thakur M. Effect of perinatal exposure to Bisphenol-A on DNA methylation and histone acetylation in cerebral cortex and hippocampus of postnatal male mice. J Toxicol Sci. 2017;42:281-289 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results demonstrate that the perinatal BPA exposure induces epigenetic changes that possibly underlie the enduring effect of BPA on brain function and behavior. ..
- Wang H, Kohashi K, Yoshizumi T, Okumura Y, Tanaka Y, Shimokawa M, et al. Coexpression of SALL4 with HDAC1 and/or HDAC2 is associated with underexpression of PTEN and poor prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2017;64:69-75 pubmed publisher..with the nucleosome remodeling deacetylase complex, which contains histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2)...
- Mehndiratta S, Wang R, Huang H, Su C, Hsu C, Wu Y, et al. 4-Indolyl-N-hydroxyphenylacrylamides as potent HDAC class I and IIB inhibitors in vitro and in vivo. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;134:13-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, compound 13 could be a suitable lead for further investigation and the development of selective HDAC 2 inhibitors as potent anti-cancer compounds. ..
- Streubel G, Fitzpatrick D, Oliviero G, Scelfo A, Moran B, Das S, et al. Fam60a defines a variant Sin3a-Hdac complex in embryonic stem cells required for self-renewal. EMBO J. 2017;36:2216-2232 pubmed publisher..Taken together, Fam60a is an essential core subunit of a variant Sin3a complex in ES cells that is required to promote rapid proliferation and prevent unscheduled differentiation. ..
- Ibi D, de la Fuente Revenga M, Kezunovic N, Muguruza C, Saunders J, Gaitonde S, et al. Antipsychotic-induced Hdac2 transcription via NF-?B leads to synaptic and cognitive side effects. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1247-1259 pubmed publisher..Conversely, virally mediated activation of NF-?B signaling decreased cortical synaptic plasticity via HDAC2. Together, these observations may aid in developing therapeutic strategies to improve the outcome of schizophrenia treatment. ..
- Hayashi S, Uehara D, Tanimoto K, Mizuno S, Chinen Y, Fukumura S, et al. Comprehensive investigation of CASK mutations and other genetic etiologies in 41 patients with intellectual disability and microcephaly with pontine and cerebellar hypoplasia (MICPCH). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181791 pubmed publisher
- Durham B, Grigg R, Wood I. Inhibition of histone deacetylase 1 or 2 reduces induced cytokine expression in microglia through a protein synthesis independent mechanism. J Neurochem. 2017;143:214-224 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study supports the idea that inhibitors selective towards HDAC1 or HDAC2, may be therapeutically useful for targeting neuroinflammation in brain injuries and neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Park H, Kim J, Jung Y, Park C. Racial Differences in the Extracellular Matrix and Histone Acetylation of the Lamina Cribrosa and Peripapillary Sclera. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4143-4154 pubmed publisher..Further study to reveal the association with these findings to the pathogenesis of glaucoma in Korean eyes is needed. ..
- Moruno Manchon J, Uzor N, Blasco Conesa M, Mannuru S, Putluri N, Furr Stimming E, et al. Inhibiting sphingosine kinase 2 mitigates mutant Huntingtin-induced neurodegeneration in neuron models of Huntington disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1305-1317 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a novel regulator of mutant huntingtin-mediated neurotoxicity and provide a new target for developing therapies for HD. ..
- Mao Q, Zhang W, Zhao K, Cao B, Yuan H, Wei L, et al. MicroRNA-455 suppresses the oncogenic function of HDAC2 in human colorectal cancer. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e6103 pubmed publisherColorectal cancer (CRC) is the fourth leading cause of cancer-induced mortality. Histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) is involved in prognosis and therapy of CRC. This study aimed to explore novel therapeutic targets for CRC...