Genomes and Genes
Summary: Dibenzodioxin derivatives that contain multiple chloride atoms bound to the benzene ring structures.
- Rier S, Martin D, Bowman R, Dmowski W, Becker J. Endometriosis in rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta) following chronic exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Fundam Appl Toxicol. 1993;21:433-41 pubmed..This 15-year study indicates that latent female reproductive abnormalities may be associated with dioxin exposure in the rhesus. Therefore, the effects of this toxin may be more diverse than previously recognized. ..
- Nault R, Fader K, Harkema J, Zacharewski T. Loss of liver-specific and sexually dimorphic gene expression by aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation in C57BL/6 mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184842 pubmed publisher..The results suggest AhR activation causes the loss of liver-specific and sexually dimorphic gene expression producing a functionally "de-differentiated" hepatic phenotype. ..
- Mari M, Rovira J, Sánchez Soberón F, Nadal M, Schuhmacher M, Domingo J. Environmental trends of metals and PCDD/Fs around a cement plant after alternative fuel implementation: human health risk assessment. Environ Sci Process Impacts. 2017;19:917-927 pubmed publisher..Environmental non-cancer and cancer risks were within the limits considered as acceptable by international standards. ..
- Dervilly Pinel G, Guérin T, Minvielle B, Travel A, Normand J, Bourin M, et al. Micropollutants and chemical residues in organic and conventional meat. Food Chem. 2017;232:218-228 pubmed publisher..Environmental contaminants (17 polychlorinated dibenzodioxins/dibenzofurans, 18 polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), 3 hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) isomers, 6 ..
- Mahiout S, Lindén J, Esteban J, Sánchez Pérez I, Sankari S, Pettersson L, et al. Toxicological characterisation of two novel selective aryl hydrocarbon receptor modulators in Sprague-Dawley rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;326:54-65 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these novel compounds appear to act as potent activators of the AHR, but lack some major characteristic toxicities of dioxins. They therefore represent promising new selective AHR modulators. ..
- Takeda T, Komiya Y, Koga T, Ishida T, Ishii Y, Kikuta Y, et al. Dioxin-induced increase in leukotriene B4 biosynthesis through the aryl hydrocarbon receptor and its relevance to hepatotoxicity owing to neutrophil infiltration. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10586-10599 pubmed publisher..The above observations focusing on metabolomic changes provide novel evidence that TCDD accumulates LTB4 in the liver by an AHR-dependent induction of LTB4 biosynthesis to cause hepatotoxicity through neutrophil activation. ..
- Yu Y, Nie F, Hay A, Lin H, Ma Y, Ju X, et al. Histopathological changes in zebrafish embryos exposed to DLPCBs extract from Zhanjiang coastal sediment. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:289 pubmed publisher..Further studies with sampling at different stages of development are required to identify which organ/tissue is most sensitive to DLPCBs. ..
- Beard J, Engel L, Richardson D, Gammon M, Baird C, Umbach D, et al. Military service, deployments, and exposures in relation to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis survival. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185751 pubmed publisher..56 and 0.73. Although most military-related factors were not associated with survival, associations we observed with shorter survival are potentially important because of the large number of military veterans. ..
- Ishida T, Matsumoto Y, Takeda T, Koga T, Ishii Y, Yamada H. Distribution of 14C-2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin to the brain and peripheral tissues of fetal rats and its comparison with adults. J Toxicol Sci. 2010;35:563-9 pubmed..These results suggest that although TCDD easily translocates to fetal brain, this is not a major mechanism for a fetal age-specific reduction in gonadotropin synthesis. ..
- Saito R, Miki Y, Hata S, Takagi K, Iida S, Oba Y, et al. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor in breast cancer—a newly defined prognostic marker. Horm Cancer. 2014;5:11-21 pubmed
- Vrzal R, Vrzalova A, Grycová A, Dvorak Z. Activated thyroid hormone receptor modulates dioxin-inducible aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated CYP1A1 induction in human hepatocytes but not in human hepatocarcinoma HepG2 cells. Toxicol Lett. 2017;275:77-82 pubmed publisher..Overall, the co-incubation of normal and cancer human hepatic cells with TCDD and T3 suggested transcriptional cross-talk between AhR and TR, which may have physiological and toxicological implications. ..
- Liu X, Ye M, Wang X, Liu W, Zhu T. Gas-phase and particle-phase PCDD/F congener distributions in the flue gas from an iron ore sintering plant. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;54:239-245 pubmed publisher..Detailed congener distributions of PCDD/Fs in the gas-phase and particle-phase of the Inlet and Outlet samples were determined. Additionally, the PCDD/F distribution for the Fly ash-with ACI sample of was also studied. ..
- Rasmussen M, Daujat Chavanieu M, Gerbal Chaloin S. Activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor decreases rifampicin-induced CYP3A4 expression in primary human hepatocytes and HepaRG. Toxicol Lett. 2017;277:1-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the presented results suggested that the cross-talk between PXR and AhR plays a role in the regulation of CYP3A4 gene expression. ..
- Stedtfeld R, Stedtfeld T, Fader K, Williams M, Bhaduri P, Quensen J, et al. TCDD influences reservoir of antibiotic resistance genes in murine gut microbiome. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2017;93: pubmed publisher..Results show a bloom of ARG-harboring bacterial groups in the gut due to a xenobiotic compound that is not a metal, biocide or antimicrobial. ..
- Kelling C, Menahan L, Peterson R. Effects of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin treatment on mechanical function of the rat heart. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1987;91:497-501 pubmed..Thus, overtly toxic doses of TCDD in the rat did not depress mechanical function of the heart. ..
- Tairova Z, Strand J, Bossi R, Larsen M, Förlin L, Bignert A, et al. Persistent organic pollutants and related biological responses measured in coastal fish using chemical and biological screening methods. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2017;80:862-880 pubmed publisher..differences were detected both in contaminant levels and relative contributions from either polychlorinated dibenzodioxins (PCDD) or polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDF or furans) and mono-ortho- and non-ortho (coplanar) ..
- Brulport A, Le Corre L, Chagnon M. Chronic exposure of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) induces an obesogenic effect in C57BL/6J mice fed a high fat diet. Toxicology. 2017;390:43-52 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results provide new evidence that dioxin, a POP and EDC can be obesogenic for adult mice with multi-organ effects. ..
- Zhang M, Buekens A, Olie K, Li X. PCDD/F-isomers signature - Effect of metal chlorides and oxides. Chemosphere. 2017;184:559-568 pubmed publisher..They constitute an extensive reference data bank for confronting novel experimental data with this vast data set. ..
- Fujisawa N, Nakayama S, Ikenaka Y, Ishizuka M. TCDD?induced chick cardiotoxicity is abolished by a selective cyclooxygenase?2 (COX?2) inhibitor NS398. Arch Toxicol. 2014;88:1739-1748 pubmed..Our results suggested that TCDD-induced chick heart defects are mediated via the nongenomic pathway and that they do not require the genomic pathway. ..
- Morales Caselles C, Desforges J, Dangerfield N, Ross P. A Risk-Based Characterization of Sediment Contamination by Legacy and Emergent Contaminants of Concern in Coastal British Columbia, Canada. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2017;73:270-284 pubmed publisher..In this regard, the legacy PCB and the emergent PBDEs should command continued priority monitoring. ..
- Freese M, Sühring R, Marohn L, Pohlmann J, Wolschke H, Byer J, et al. Maternal transfer of dioxin-like compounds in artificially matured European eels. Environ Pollut. 2017;227:348-356 pubmed publisher..Furthermore it was shown that muscle concentrations in silver eels could be used in future assessments to make conservative predictions for expected egg concentrations in female eels. ..
- Collina E, Bortolami M, Franzoni F, Lasagni M, Piccinelli E, Pitea D. PCDD/F and dioxin-like PCB minimization: A 13-year experimental study along the flue gas cleaning system of a secondary aluminium refining plant. Chemosphere. 2017;181:409-417 pubmed publisher..The polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons breakdown could be an additional de novo formation pathway even in industrial plants. ..