Summary: An HIV protease inhibitor used in a fixed-dose combination with RITONAVIR. It is also an inhibitor of CYTOCHROME P-450 CYP3A.
- Du X, Kou H, Fu Q, Li Y, Zhu Z, Li T. Steady-state pharmacokinetics of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in human immunodeficiency virus-infected Chinese patients. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2017;10:783-788 pubmed publisher..whom eight patients were treated with 300 mg tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, 300 mg lamivudine and 400/100 mg lopinavir/ritonavir, and seven with 300 mg tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, 300 mg lamivudine and 400 mg nevirapine...
- Weber V, Radeloff D, Reimers B, Salzmann Manrique E, Bader P, Schwabe D, et al. Neurocognitive development in HIV-positive children is correlated with plasma viral loads in early childhood. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6867 pubmed publisher..In total, 14 perinatally infected HIV-positive children (median age 8.24 years [range: 6.0-16.74]) receiving lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r)-based ART underwent neurocognitive testing using the Wechsler Intelligence Score for Children, ..
- Cassim H, Otwombe K, Lazarus E, Liberty A, Gray G, Greeff O, et al. A retrospective case-cohort study comparing treatment outcomes in abacavir versus stavudine containing first line antiretroviral treatment regimens in children <3yrs old, at a paediatric programme based in Soweto, South Africa. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180645 pubmed publisher..Children on abacavir/stavudine who had initiated ART at age <3 years with a regimen including lamivudine and lopinavir/ritonavir and had at least one 6 or 12 month viral load result were eligible...
- Svärd J, Mugusi S, Mloka D, Neogi U, Meini G, Mugusi F, et al. Drug resistance testing through remote genotyping and predicted treatment options in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infected Tanzanian subjects failing first or second line antiretroviral therapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178942 pubmed publisher..on first-line ART occurs, a combination of two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) and boosted lopinavir or atazanavir is recommended...
- Paredes R, Tzou P, van Zyl G, Barrow G, Camacho R, Carmona S, et al. Collaborative update of a rule-based expert system for HIV-1 genotypic resistance test interpretation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181357 pubmed publisher..fumarate; the NNRTIs efavirenz, etravirine, nevirapine, and rilpivirine; the PIs atazanavir/r, darunavir/r, and lopinavir/r (with "/r" indicating pharmacological boosting with ritonavir or cobicistat); and the INSTIs dolutegravir, ..