Genomes and Genes
Summary: Compounds that contain the structure 1,4-dioxane.
- Kim H, Kuhn R, Patkar C, Warrier R, Cushman M. Synthesis of dioxane-based antiviral agents and evaluation of their biological activities as inhibitors of Sindbis virus replication. Bioorg Med Chem. 2007;15:2667-79 pubmed..4 microM as an inhibitor of Sindbis virus replication. Both compounds were not cytotoxic in uninfected BHK cells at concentrations of 1mM. ..
- Junge K, Rosch R, Krones C, Klinge U, Mertens P, Lynen P, et al. Influence of polyglecaprone 25 (Monocryl) supplementation on the biocompatibility of a polypropylene mesh for hernia repair. Hernia. 2005;9:212-7 pubmed
- Vajkoczy P, Meyer B, Weidauer S, Raabe A, Thome C, Ringel F, et al. Clazosentan (AXV-034343), a selective endothelin A receptor antagonist, in the prevention of cerebral vasospasm following severe aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter phase IIa stud. J Neurosurg. 2005;103:9-17 pubmed..This study indicates that clazosentan reduces the frequency and severity of cerebral vasospasm following severe aneurysmal SAH with the incidence and severity of adverse events comparable to that of placebo. ..
- McAtee L, Sutton S, Rudolph D, Li X, Aluisio L, Phuong V, et al. Novel substituted 4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxanes: potent and selective orexin receptor 2 (OX(2)R) antagonists. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2004;14:4225-9 pubmed..Herein we describe a series of novel, selective OX(2)R antagonists consisting of substituted 4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxanes. One such antagonist is compound 9, 1-(2,4-dibromo-phenyl)-3-((4S,5S)-2,2-dimethyl-4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxan-5-yl)-..
- Kim H, Patkar C, Warrier R, Kuhn R, Cushman M. Design, synthesis, and evaluation of dioxane-based antiviral agents targeted against the Sindbis virus capsid protein. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005;15:3207-11 pubmed..Both compounds were not cytotoxic in uninfected BHK cells at concentrations of 1mM. ..
- Zhang Z, Kuijer R, Bulstra S, Grijpma D, Feijen J. The in vivo and in vitro degradation behavior of poly(trimethylene carbonate). Biomaterials. 2006;27:1741-8 pubmed..It can be concluded that enzymatic degradation plays an important role in the surface erosion of PTMC in vivo. ..
- Pêgo A, van Luyn M, Brouwer L, van Wachem P, Poot A, Grijpma D, et al. In vivo behavior of poly(1,3-trimethylene carbonate) and copolymers of 1,3-trimethylene carbonate with D,L-lactide or epsilon-caprolactone: Degradation and tissue response. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2003;67:1044-54 pubmed
- van Giersbergen P, Dingemanse J. Tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of clazosentan, a parenteral endothelin receptor antagonist. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2007;63:151-8 pubmed..The observed tolerability, pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic profile warrant further clinical development of clazosentan at lower doses. ..
- MacDonald R, Kassell N, Mayer S, Ruefenacht D, Schmiedek P, Weidauer S, et al. Clazosentan to overcome neurological ischemia and infarction occurring after subarachnoid hemorrhage (CONSCIOUS-1): randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 2 dose-finding trial. Stroke. 2008;39:3015-21 pubmed publisher
- Al Najjar A, Mohamed M, Shehata M, Shoukry M. Tripropyltin(iv) complexes with some selected bioligands in 50% v/v dioxane/water mixture. Ann Chim. 2006;96:97-107 pubmed..The participation of different ligand functional groups in binding to organotin is discussed. The speciation diagrams of the various complex species were evaluated as a function of pH. ..
- Fattorusso C, Campiani G, Catalanotti B, Persico M, Basilico N, Parapini S, et al. Endoperoxide derivatives from marine organisms: 1,2-dioxanes of the plakortin family as novel antimalarial agents. J Med Chem. 2006;49:7088-94 pubmed..a series of semisynthetic derivatives in order to gain insights into the structural requirements of simple 1,2-dioxanes for exhibiting antimalarial activity...
- Koissi N, Shah N, Ginevan B, Eck W, Roebuck B, Fishbein J. Lactone metabolite common to the carcinogens dioxane, diethylene glycol, and N-nitrosomorpholine: aqueous chemistry and failure to mediate liver carcinogenesis in the F344 rat. Chem Res Toxicol. 2012;25:1022-8 pubmed publisher..In 8 rats administered 1 (1.32 g, 12 weeks) alone, no increase above background foci was detected. This study does not support compound 1 as a common carcinogen. ..
- Truong V, Blakey I, Whittaker A. Hydrophilic and amphiphilic polyethylene glycol-based hydrogels with tunable degradability prepared by "click" chemistry. Biomacromolecules. 2012;13:4012-21 pubmed publisher..The degradability of the resultant hydrogels could thus be tuned through control of molecular weight and structure of the precursors. ..
- Bat E, van Kooten T, Feijen J, Grijpma D. Crosslinking of trimethylene carbonate and D, L-lactide (co-) polymers by gamma irradiation in the presence of pentaerythritol triacrylate. Macromol Biosci. 2011;11:952-61 pubmed publisher..This method is very useful for the facile preparation of TMC- and DLLA-containing form-stable networks from high-molecular-weight polymers. ..
- Harrisson S, Couvreur P, Nicolas J. Use of solvent effects to improve control over nitroxide-mediated polymerization of isoprene. Macromol Rapid Commun. 2012;33:805-10 pubmed publisher..These effects are likely to be the result of the disruption of intramolecular hydrogen bonding and, in the case of pyridine, stabilization of the polar SG1 free radical. ..
- Martínez de Arenaza I, Hernandez Montero N, Meaurio E, Sarasua J. Competing specific interactions investigated by molecular dynamics: analysis of poly(p-dioxanone)/poly(vinylphenol) blends. J Phys Chem B. 2013;117:719-24 pubmed publisher..The good overall agreement found between the simulated and the experimental data reveals the importance of the molecular modeling techniques in the analysis of the miscibility behavior of polymer blends. ..
- Erol I, Arslan O. Copolymers of novel methacrylic and styrenic monomer based on the thiophene: synthesis, characterization, monomer reactivity ratios, thermal properties, and biological activity. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2013;24:1198-218 pubmed publisher..All the products showed moderate activity against different strains of bacteria and fungi. ..
- Wörmeyer K, Ingram T, Saake B, Brunner G, Smirnova I. Comparison of different pretreatment methods for lignocellulosic materials. Part II: Influence of pretreatment on the properties of rye straw lignin. Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:4157-64 pubmed publisher..Lignin products from the soda process, the Aquasolve process and with reservation the organosolv process show interesting properties for polymer applications. ..
- Jones P, Taouss C, Teschmit N, Thomas L. Methylthioureas and their morpholine and dioxane adducts; hydrogen-bonding patterns. Acta Crystallogr B Struct Sci Cryst Eng Mater. 2013;69:405-13 pubmed publisher..The crystal packing involves chains of alternating 1,1-DMTU R2(2)(8) dimers and dioxanes, both across inversion centres...
- Luong T, Verma P, Mitra R, Havenith M. Onset of hydrogen bonded collective network of water in 1,4-dioxane. J Phys Chem A. 2011;115:14462-9 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a correlation between the onset of collective hydrogen bonded network with the solvation dynamics and the activity of clustered water. ..
- Lehto J, Scheinin A, Johansson J, Marjamaki P, Arponen E, Scheinin H, et al. Detecting a dexmedetomidine-evoked reduction of noradrenaline release in the human brain with the alpha2C-adrenoceptor PET ligand [11C]ORM-13070. Synapse. 2016;70:57-65 pubmed publisher..In this study, tracer binding in the thalamus tended to increase in accordance with reduced activity of noradrenergic projections from the locus coeruleus, but statistical significance was not reached. ..
- Clark L, Deacon G, Forsyth C, Junk P, Mountford P, Townley J, et al. Synthesis and structures of calcium and strontium 2,4-di-tert-butylphenolates and their reactivity towards the amine co-initiated ring-opening polymerisation of rac-lactide. Dalton Trans. 2013;42:9294-312 pubmed publisher..5) (k(p(Ca)) ? 1.7 ×k(p(Sr))). Preliminary studies suggest that [Y(DBP)3(THF)2] also catalyses amine or alcohol co-initiated ROP by an activated monomer mechanism without loss of a phenoxide ligand. ..
- Parlak C, Senyel M. Synthesis and vibrational spectroscopic analysis of some Hofmann type clathrates. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2011;82:383-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the present compounds are similar in structure to the Hofmann type clathrates and their structures consist of conjugated polymeric layers of |M-Ni(CN)(4)|(?) with the pp bound to the metal (M) atom. ..
- Aggarwal M, Tapas S, Preeti -, Siwach A, Kumar P, Kuhn R, et al. Crystal structure of aura virus capsid protease and its complex with dioxane: new insights into capsid-glycoprotein molecular contacts. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51288 pubmed publisher..In the Aura virus capsid protease (AVCP)-dioxane complex structure, dioxane occupies the hydrophobic pocket on CP and structurally mimics the hydrophobic pyrollidine ring of Pro405 in the loop region of E2. ..
- Cîrcu M, Soran A, Hădade N, Rednic M, Terec A, Grosu I. Cryptands with 1,3,5-tris(1',3'-dioxan-2'-yl)-benzene units: synthesis and structural investigations. J Org Chem. 2013;78:8722-9 pubmed publisher..The role of the 1,3-dioxane units was targeted to ensure the preorganization of the substrate for the macrocyclization reactions on one side, and for easier NMR assignment of the structure of the cryptands on the other side. ..
- Carrera G, Vegué L, Boleda M, Ventura F. Simultaneous determination of the potential carcinogen 1,4-dioxane and malodorous alkyl-1,3-dioxanes and alkyl-1,3-dioxolanes in environmental waters by solid-phase extraction and gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1487:1-13 pubmed publisher..Alkyl-1,3-dioxanes and alkyl-1,3-dioxolanes are compounds that have been identified as causing several odor episodes in waters over ..
- Muroi C, Seule M, Mishima K, Keller E. Novel treatments for vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2012;18:119-26 pubmed publisher..Reviewing the recent literature, there have been some updates on recommendations and newer treatment modalities are under evaluation. However, a novel treatment with convincing evidence has not been reported so far. ..
- Qian F, Liu K, Ma H. Amidinate aluminium complexes: synthesis, characterization and ring-opening polymerization of rac-lactide. Dalton Trans. 2010;39:8071-83 pubmed publisher..The broad molecular weight distributions (PDI = 1.13-2.02) of the polymer samples indicated that the ROP of rac-lactide initiated by these complexes was not well-controlled. ..
- Cameron D, Shaver M. Aliphatic polyester polymer stars: synthesis, properties and applications in biomedicine and nanotechnology. Chem Soc Rev. 2011;40:1761-76 pubmed publisher..These macromolecular materials are further categorized by core molecules, catalysts employed, self-assembly and degradation properties and the resulting fields of application (262 references). ..
- Pagar K, Vavia P. Poly[LA-(Glc-Leu)] copolymer as a carrier for ocular delivery of ciprofloxacin: formulation, characterization and in vivo biocompatibility study. Ther Deliv. 2013;4:553-65 pubmed publisher..Poly[LA-(Glc-Leu)] copolymer can be used as an efficient carrier for nanoparticle preparation of ciprofloxacin. ..
- Tzoneva R, Weckwerth C, Seifert B, Behl M, Heuchel M, Tsoneva I, et al. In vitro evaluation of elastic multiblock co-polymers as a scaffold material for reconstruction of blood vessels. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2011;22:2205-26 pubmed publisher..Finally, it is concluded that PDC is a promising material for vascular tissue engineering because of its improved elastic properties, as well as balanced prothrombotic and anti-thrombotic properties with endothelial cells. ..
- Schüller Ravoo S, Feijen J, Grijpma D. Preparation of flexible and elastic poly(trimethylene carbonate) structures by stereolithography. Macromol Biosci. 2011;11:1662-71 pubmed publisher..The built porous structures show porosities of 53-66% and average pore sizes of 309-407 µm. The compression moduli of the porous structures are significantly lower than those of the solid structures. ..
- Seixas de Melo J, Cabral C, Lima J, Maçanita A. Characterization of the singlet and triplet excited states of 3-chloro-4-methylumbelliferone. J Phys Chem A. 2011;115:8392-8 pubmed publisher..For both N* and A* the intersystem crossing yield represents a minor deactivation channel for S(1). ..
- Blanquer S, Sharifi S, Grijpma D. Development of poly(trimethylene carbonate) network implants for annulus fibrosus tissue engineering. J Appl Biomater Funct Mater. 2012;10:177-84 pubmed publisher..The adhesion strengths of the materials to each other and to AF tissue were determined in lap-shear tests. This study showed that a device for AF tissue engineering can be prepared from PTMC-based scaffolds, membranes and glues. ..
- Luo B, Hsu C, Li J, Zhao L, Liu M, Wang X, et al. Nano-composite of poly(L-lactide) and halloysite nanotubes surface-grafted with L-lactide oligomer under microwave irradiation. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2013;9:649-58 pubmed..Cell culture results indicated that g-HNTs promoted both adhesion and proliferation of M3T3 fibroblasts on the g-HNTs/PLLA composite film. ..
- Duan L, Wu Z, Ma J, Wu X, Dong Y. Adsorption and separation of organic six-membered ring analogues on neutral Cd(II)-MOF generated from asymmetric schiff-base ligand. Inorg Chem. 2010;49:11164-73 pubmed publisher..The empty CdL(2) displays strong green-yellow emission. Furthermore, these host-guest systems show an interesting guest-driven luminescent emission, and the emission intensities of these guest-loaded complexes are effectively reduced. ..
- Yin H, Wang X, Zhu X, Han H, Guo W, Ful Z. A tissue engineered renovascular graft composed of proteins, polymers, smooth muscle and endothelial cells for renal artery stenosis. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2013;9:1345-53 pubmed..These results demonstrate that this renovascular graft holds a great therapeutic promise for renal artery stenosis. ..
- Vescovi T, Coleman H, Amal R. The effect of pH on UV-based advanced oxidation technologies--1,4-dioxane degradation. J Hazard Mater. 2010;182:75-9 pubmed publisher..In this study the effects of pH on TiO(2) photocatalysis reactor systems were investigated. pH was found to significantly affect the efficiencies of these processes with neutral pH conditions the most effective. ..
- Ho K, Aman A, Al Awar R, Shoichet M. Amphiphilic micelles of poly(2-methyl-2-carboxytrimethylene carbonate-co-D,L-lactide)-graft-poly(ethylene glycol) for anti-cancer drug delivery to solid tumours. Biomaterials. 2012;33:2223-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, these polymeric nanoparticles are promising vehicles for solid tumour drug delivery applications, offering greater tumour exposure while eliminating the need for toxic solvents and surfactants in the dosing formulation...
- Efthimiou M, Symeonidis D, Koukoulis G, Tepetes K, Zacharoulis D, Tzovaras G. Open inguinal hernia repair with the use of a polyglycolic acid-trimethylene carbonate absorbable mesh: a pilot study. Hernia. 2011;15:181-4 pubmed publisher..Further studies with a larger number of patients and longer follow up are needed in order to confirm the possible favourable effects of this mesh type. ..
- Sun J, Yang Y, Li W, Zhang Y, Wang X, Tang J, et al. Synthesis, biological evaluation and molecular docking studies of 1,3,4-thiadiazole derivatives containing 1,4-benzodioxan as potential antitumor agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011;21:6116-21 pubmed publisher..Therefore, compound 2p with potent FAK inhibitory activity may be a potential anticancer agent against HEPG2 cancer cell. ..
- Wojcieszyńska D, Greń I, Hupert Kocurek K, Guzik U. Modulation of FAD-dependent monooxygenase activity from aromatic compounds-degrading Stenotrophomonas maltophilia strain KB2. Acta Biochim Pol. 2011;58:421-6 pubmed..These results indicate that the phenol monooxygenase from Stenotrophomonas maltophilia strain KB2 holds great potential for bioremediation. ..
- Jayabharathi J, Thanikachalam V, Vennila M, Jayamoorthy K. Potential fluorescent chemosensor based on L-tryptophan derivative: DFT based ESIPT process. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2012;95:446-51 pubmed publisher..Absorption as well as fluorescence wavenumbers are correlated with Marcus and Reichardt-Dimroth solvent functions and also with Taft and Catalan solvent parameters. Schiff base HBDIPPA can be used as a new fluorescent sensor. ..
- D Auria I, Lamberti M, Mazzeo M, Milione S, Roviello G, Pellecchia C. Coordination chemistry and reactivity of zinc complexes supported by a phosphido pincer ligand. Chemistry. 2012;18:2349-60 pubmed publisher..Preliminary investigations showed the ability of these complexes to promote copolymerization of L-lactide and ?-caprolactone to achieve random copolymers whose microstructure reproduces the composition of the monomer feed. ..