Genomes and Genes
Summary: The interfaces between T-CELLS and ANTIGEN-PRESENTING CELLS. Supramolecular organization of proteins takes place at these synapses involving various types of immune cells. Immunological synapses can have several functions including LYMPHOCYTE ACTIVATION; enhancing, balancing, or terminating signaling; or directing cytokine secretion.
- Ashdown G, Burn G, Williamson D, PandÅ¾iÄ‡ E, Peters R, Holden M, et al. Live-Cell Super-resolution Reveals F-Actin and Plasma Membrane Dynamics at the T Cell Synapse. Biophys J. 2017;112:1703-1713 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that this apparent cytoskeletal-membrane coupling could provide a mechanism for driving the observed retrograde flow of signaling molecules such as the TCR, Lck, ZAP70, LAT, and SLP76. ..
- Bustos MorÃ¡n E, Blas Rus N, Martin CÃ³freces N, SÃ¡nchez Madrid F. Microtubule-associated protein-4 controls nanovesicle dynamics and T cell activation. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1217-1223 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that MAP4 acts as a checkpoint molecule that balances positive and negative hallmarks of T cell activation. ..
- Wang J, Lee J, Christian S, Dang Lawson M, Pritchard C, Freeman S, et al. The Rap1-cofilin-1 pathway coordinates actin reorganization and MTOC polarization at the B cell immune synapse. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1094-1109 pubmed publisher..Thus the Rap1-cofilin-1 pathway coordinates actin and microtubule organization at the immune synapse. ..
- Grakoui A, Bromley S, Sumen C, Davis M, Shaw A, Allen P, et al. Pillars article: The immunological synapse: a molecular machine controlling T cell activation. Science. 1999. 285: 221-227. J Immunol. 2015;194:4066-72 pubmed
- Ghai R, Tello Lafoz M, Norwood S, Yang Z, Clairfeuille T, Teasdale R, et al. Phosphoinositide binding by the SNX27 FERM domain regulates its localization at the immune synapse of activated T-cells. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:553-65 pubmed
- García Ortiz A, Martín Cófreces N, Ibiza S, Ortega A, Izquierdo Alvarez A, Trullo A, et al. eNOS S-nitrosylates β-actin on Cys374 and regulates PKC-θ at the immune synapse by impairing actin binding to profilin-1. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2000653 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil a novel NO-dependent mechanism by which the actin cytoskeleton controls the organization and activation of signaling microclusters at the IS. ..
- Galgano D, Onnis A, Pappalardo E, Galvagni F, Acuto O, Baldari C. The T cell IFT20 interactome reveals new players in immune synapse assembly. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1110-1121 pubmed publisher..Our data underscore the traffic-related role of an IFT20 complex that includes components of the intracellular trafficking machinery in IS assembly. ..
- Schoppmeyer R, Zhao R, Cheng H, Hamed M, Liu C, Zhou X, et al. Human profilin 1 is a negative regulator of CTL mediated cell-killing and migration. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47:1562-1572 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that PFN1 is a negative regulator for CTL-mediated cytotoxicity and may have an impact on CTL functionality in a tumor-related context. ..
- Papa I, Saliba D, Ponzoni M, Bustamante S, Canete P, Gonzalez Figueroa P, et al. TFH-derived dopamine accelerates productive synapses in germinal centres. Nature. 2017;547:318-323 pubmed publisher..Delivery of neurotransmitters across the T-B-cell synapse may be advantageous in the face of infection. ..
- Stinchcombe J, Griffiths G. Communication, the centrosome and the immunological synapse. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369: pubmed publisher..The features observed at the immunological synapse show parallels to centrosome (basal body) polarization seen in cilia and flagella, and the cellular communication that is now known to occur at all of these sites. ..