Genomes and Genes
Summary: Diseases that result in THROMBOSIS in MICROVASCULATURE. The two most prominent diseases are PURPURA, THROMBOTIC THROMBOCYTOPENIC; and HEMOLYTIC-UREMIC SYNDROME. Multiple etiological factors include VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL CELL damage due to SHIGA TOXIN; FACTOR H deficiency; and aberrant VON WILLEBRAND FACTOR formation.
- Warren M, Jodele S, Dandoy C, Myers K, Wallace G, Nelson A, et al. A Complete Histologic Approach to Gastrointestinal Biopsy From Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Patients With Evidence of Transplant-Associated Gastrointestinal Thrombotic Microangiopathy. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2017;141:1558-1566 pubmed publisher..Identification of features consistent with iTMA has immediate implications for clinical management that could potentially improve outcome and survival. ..
- Hattahara K, Hamada A, Oyama R, Masui K, Shichiri Y. [A Case of Pulmonary Tumor Thrombotic Microangiopathy in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer]. Hinyokika Kiyo. 2017;63:275-278 pubmed publisher..The results of an autopsy indicated tumor emboli and stenosis of small pulmonary arteries with the fibrocellular intimal thickening, and therefore our final diagnosis was pulmonary tumor thrombotic microangiopathy. ..
- Qi J, Wang J, Chen J, Su J, Tang Y, Wu X, et al. Plasma levels of complement activation fragments C3b and sC5b-9 significantly increased in patients with thrombotic microangiopathy after allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1849-1855 pubmed publisher..ADAMTS13 activity is reduced in VOD, but the ADAMTS13/vWF axis appears to be unaffected in patients with TA-TMA. ..
- Horváth O, Prohaszka Z, Kállay K, Kassa C, Stréhn A, Csordás K, et al. [Changes in diagnostic criteria of thrombotic microangiopathy after stem cell transplantation]. Orv Hetil. 2017;158:1043-1050 pubmed publisher..Orv Hetil. 2017; 158(27): 1043-1050. ..
- Wayne A, Shah N, Bhojwani D, Silverman L, Whitlock J, Stetler Stevenson M, et al. Phase 1 study of the anti-CD22 immunotoxin moxetumomab pasudotox for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood. 2017;130:1620-1627 pubmed publisher..Moxetumomab pasudotox showed a manageable safety profile and evidence of activity in relapsed or refractory childhood ALL. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00659425...
- Vaisbich M, Braga A, Gabrielle M, Bueno C, Piazzon F, Kok F. Thrombotic microangiopathy caused by methionine synthase deficiency: diagnosis and treatment pitfalls. Pediatr Nephrol. 2017;32:1089-1092 pubmed publisher..We report the second case of MSD associated to TMA previously diagnosed as aHUS in which the patient had a poor response to eculizumab. ..
- Alvarado A, Brodsky S, Nadasdy T, Singh N. Hemolytic uremic syndrome associated with Clostridium difficile infection. Clin Nephrol. 2014;81:302-6 pubmed publisher..This case series suggest that Clostridium difficile infection may cause renal failure due to thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA) and should be considered in the differential diagnosis of diarrhea-associated HUS. ..
- Song D, Wu L, Wang F, Yang X, Zhu D, Chen M, et al. The spectrum of renal thrombotic microangiopathy in lupus nephritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R12 pubmed publisher..007). There were various causes of renal TMA in lupus nephritis. Complement over-activation via both classical and alternative pathways might play an important role in the pathogenesis of renal TMA in lupus nephritis. ..
- Kissling S, Legallais C, Pruijm M, Teta D, Vogt B, Burnier M, et al. A new prescription model for regional citrate anticoagulation in therapeutic plasma exchanges. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:81 pubmed publisher..The immediately obtained regional anticoagulation protects against both the risk of coagulation of the membrane and the exposure to an excess of citrate. ..
- Mutneja A, Cossey L, Liapis H, CHEN Y. A rare case of renal thrombotic microangiopathy associated with Castleman's disease. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:57 pubmed publisher..IL-6 and VEGF are postulated to suppress glomerular VEGF expression, thereby causing renal TMA. Therapy directed against these inflammatory mediators may have important therapeutic implications. ..
- Tomita M, Ochiai M, Shu S, Yamauchi Y, Shihara H, Ogata A, et al. [A case of thrombotic microangiopathy with glomerular subendothelial IgA deposition due to bevacizumab]. Nihon Jinzo Gakkai Shi. 2014;56:612-7 pubmed..TMA was recently added to a section of "significant adverse effects" in the package insert of bevacizumab. Nephrologists should be fully aware of this drug-induced nephropathy. ..
- Thurman J, FRAZER ABEL A, Holers V. The Evolving Landscape for Complement Therapeutics in Rheumatic and Autoimmune Diseases. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2102-2113 pubmed publisher..Mechanisms of complement activation in rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and thrombotic microangiopathies are also illustrated...
- Nakamura H, Kato M, Nakaya T, Kono M, Tanimura S, Sato T, et al. Decreased haptoglobin levels inversely correlated with pulmonary artery pressure in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: A cross-sectional study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8349 pubmed publisher..Serum haptoglobin levels decreased in PAH patients and inversely correlated with pulmonary artery pressure in CTD-PAH patients, suggesting their potential as a surrogate marker for CTD-PAH...
- Chao Y, Chang Y, Wu H, Peng C, Weng T, Wu K. Everolimus for pediatric patients with acute graft-versus-host disease after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: A pilot study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8464 pubmed publisher..9% with a median follow-up of 3.4 years after HSCT (range 0.7-5.7). Accordingly, everolimus with steroids were feasible for patients with aGVHD after HSCT as primary treatment. Further large-scale studies are required...