Genomes and Genes
Summary: Qualities and characterization of various types of populations within a social or geographic group, with emphasis on demography, health status, and socioeconomic factors.
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- A systematic overview of chemotherapy effects in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaE Kimby
Department of Haematology, University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Acta Oncol 40:224-30. 2001..In the future an individual risk-adapted therapy will be required. The clinical heterogeneity of the disease has pointed to the necessity of new predictors for prognosis evaluated in prospective trials...
- Angiogenic histogenesis of stromal cells in hemangioblastoma: ultrastructural and immunohistochemical studyB Lach
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Ottawa, Canada
Ultrastruct Pathol 23:299-310. 1999..Hemangioblastoma should be reclassified and included together with other vascular tumors of the central nervous system...
- [Prevalence of hypertension in a black African diabetic population]M Ducorps
Service d'Endocrinologie, ,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:1069-73. 1996..All quantitative data are given as means +/- SD. RESULTS: For the whole study population characteristics were: age (at inclusion): 54.2 +/- 12.8 yrs: sex distribution: 341 men for 209 women (sex ratio: 1...
- [The electrocardiology of atrial fibrillation]M Costantini
, Ospedale Santa Caterina Novella, Galatina, LE
Ital Heart J Suppl 1:632-40. 2000..In patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and AF, arrhythmia is not always a secondary phenomenon. In fact, there is current evidence that AF may be the cause of cardiomyopathy...
- Isolated hepatocytes of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) as a tool to discriminate between differently contaminated small river systemsM Strmac
Aquatic Toxicology and Ecology Group, Department of Zoology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 230, D-69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Toxicol In Vitro 14:361-77. 2000..Cytological changes in isolated hepatocytes thus not only serve to discriminate between different levels of contamination of water, but may also help to differentiate between pollution levels of sediments...
- Evidence for differential roles of nitric oxide (NO) and hyperpolarization in endothelium-dependent relaxation of pig isolated coronary arteryE V Kilpatrick
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 112:557-65. 1994....
- [Immunochemical analysis of the immune response in late manifestations of Lyme borreliosis]B Wilske
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 267:549-58. 1988..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Structural heterogeneity of the Fe(2+)-N epsilon (HisF8) bond in various hemoglobin and myoglobin derivatives probed by the Raman-active iron histidine stretching modeH Gilch
Institute of Experimental Physics, University of Bremen, Germany
Biophys J 65:1470-85. 1993..Quaternary and tertiary transitions of the protein alter the population of these substates thus giving rise to a redistribution of the VFe-HiS sublines which shifts the corresponding peak frequency to higher values...
- [Present concepts of congenital long QT syndrome]A Leenhardt
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:17-21. 2000..A multicentre trial is underway to validate betablocker therapy for the prevention of cardiac events in a LQT1 genotype population. Prospective studies will be necessary to assess gene-specific treatments...
- Characterization by capillary electrophoresis of the surface glycoproteins of ovine lentiviruses before and after treatment with glycosidic enzymesM J Schmerr
National Animal Disease Center, USDA, Ames, IA 50010
J Chromatogr A 652:199-205. 1993..From these results we have concluded that the carbohydrate moieties play an important role in contributing to the surface charge of SU. This charge affects the nature of its surface epitopes and has an impact on its biological function...
- Angiotensin II receptors and functional correlatesP B Timmermans
Du Pont Merck Pharmaceutical Company, Wilmington, DE 19880-0400
Am J Hypertens 5:221S-235S. 1992..A number of atypical angiotensin-binding sites have been identified from mycoplasma, amphibians, and mouse neuroblastoma, which are not sensitive to either losartan or PD123177.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Localization of biogenic amines and neuropeptides in adrenal medullary cells of birdsY Ohmori
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, School of Agriculture, Nagoya University, Japan
Horm Metab Res 30:384-8. 1998..Serotonin and these neuropeptides may be selectively coreleased with adrenaline and/or noradrenaline from adrenal medullary cells of the chicken...
- Morphological heterogeneity and phenotype modifications during long term in vitro cultures of six new human glioblastoma cell linesB Dipasquale
Istituto di Scienze Immunologiche, University of Verona, Italy
Tumori 76:172-8. 1990..Further studies will be performed on these permanent cell lines to clarify differentiation steps of malignant gliomas...
- Purification of recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor from the inclusion bodies produced by transformed Escherichia coli cellsM Belew
Pharmacia Bioprocess Technology, Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 679:67-83. 1994..This heterogeneity does not seem to have any biological significance since the specific activity of the purified rhGM-CSF is identical with that of its natural counterpart...
- Identification of renal natriuretic peptide receptor subpopulations by use of the non-peptide antagonist, HS-142-1R A Rutherford
Department of Histochemistry, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:931-9. 1994..HS-142-1 may be a valuable tool in further elucidating the localization and function of these receptors, but heterogeneity between species should be considered when selecting experimental models...
- Routine o-glycan characterization in nutritional supplements--a comparison of analytical methods for the monitoring of the bovine kappa-casein macropeptide glycosylationN T Tran
Laboratoire de Chimie Analytique, , , France
J Chromatogr A 929:151-63. 2001..In conclusion, a combination of electrophoretic and chromatographic techniques was found powerful in studying glycoprotein heterogeneity and assessing batch-to-batch consistency...
- Polymerase chain reaction and in situ hybridization: applications in toxicological pathologyD E Malarkey
Environmental Carcinogenesis Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 24:13-23. 1996..These new and evolving techniques offer tremendous potential in providing new insights into the molecular basis of toxicity and carcinogenesis...
- Yeast communities in a natural tequila fermentationM A Lachance
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 68:151-60. 1995..Interactions involving killer toxins had no apparent direct effects on the yeast community structure...
- Genotyping of Plasmodium falciparum isolates by the polymerase chain reaction and potential uses in epidemiological studiesS Viriyakosol
Division of Parasitology, National Institute for Medical Research, London, England
Bull World Health Organ 73:85-95. 1995..The paper discusses the applicability of this type of genotyping to epidemiology and urges the adoption of international standards for its use so that data from different areas and different times can be compared...
- Heterogeneity of muscarinic receptors in lamb isolated coronary resistance arteriesU Simonsen
, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 109:998-1007. 1993....
- The clinical heterogeneity of hypertensionW B Kannel
Section of Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachussetts 02118
Am J Hypertens 4:283-7. 1991..Thus, hypertension is best regarded as a component of a cardiovascular risk profile in implementing optimal therapy and in assessing its efficacy...
- [Contribution of genetics to pathogenicity and diagnosis of Marfan syndrome]C Boileau
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1707-12. 1997..At present, molecular diagnosis of the mutation within the FBN1 gene is not feasible as a routine procedure...
- Conformational heterogeneity of creatine kinase determined from phase resolved fluorometryS H Grossman
Department of Chemistry, University of South Florida, Tampa 33620
Biophys J 59:590-7. 1991..The occurrence of multiple conformers of muscle creatine kinase provides an explanation for several previous observations, most notably the structural origins for compartmentation of the muscle isozyme observed in the myofibril...
- Aneuploid and polyploid cellular DNA heterogeneity in insect cell material of diptera species analyzed by flow cytometryW Ulrich
, , Stuttgart, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 45:1027-30. 1990..Employment of flow cytometry in diptera genetics might be a new tool for cytological and cytogenetic investigations as shown with the classical genetic objects Chironomus and Drosophila...
- Flow cytometric and immunohistochemical correlations in high incidence human solid tumorsD T Danesi
Sezione di Tossicologia e Scienze Biomediche, ENEA CR Casaccia, Rome, Italy
Tumori 83:689-97. 1997..Tumor heterogeneity proved to be dependent on the number of tumor samples taken. The results of this preliminary assessment will subsequently be compared with the data obtained from a currently ongoing follow-up survey...
- Analysis of the glycoforms of human recombinant factor VIIa by capillary electrophoresis and high-performance liquid chromatographyN K Klausen
Biologics Development, Novo Nordisk A/S, Gentofte, Denmark
J Chromatogr A 718:195-202. 1995....
- Adrenal hypoplasia congenita with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism: evidence that DAX-1 mutations lead to combined hypothalmic and pituitary defects in gonadotropin productionR L Habiby
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Clin Invest 98:1055-62. 1996..These two cases exemplify the phenotypic heterogeneity of AHC/HHG, and suggest that DAX-1 mutations impair gonadotropin production by acting at both the hypothalamic and pituitary levels...
- Is there a valid association between skin tags and colonic polyps: insights from a quantitative and methodologic analysis of the literatureK Radack
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45267
J Gen Intern Med 8:413-21. 1993..Recommendations for further research are provided...
- Functional evidence equating the pharmacologically-defined alpha 1A- and cloned alpha 1C-adrenoceptor: studies in the isolated perfused kidney of ratD R Blue
Syntex Research, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Br J Pharmacol 115:283-94. 1995..Thus,definitive functional pharmacological data are provided for equating the two receptors and support results derived recently from molecular and radioligand binding studies...
- An evaluation of the hemizygous transgenic Tg.AC mouse for carcinogenicity testing of pharmaceuticals. I. Evidence for a confounding nonresponder phenotypeJ L Weaver
Office of Testing and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Laurel, Maryland 20708, USA
Toxicol Pathol 26:532-40. 1998..In light of these findings, further Tg.AC studies should employ homozygous animals, and the underlying cause for heterogeneity in the tumorigenic response of Tg.AC mice should be identified and eliminated...
- Purification and characterization of the bacterial plasminogen activator staphylokinase secreted by a recombinant Bacillus subtilisD Gerlach
, AdW der DDR, Jena
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 269:314-22. 1988..In contrast to other plasminogen activators SAK was found to be resistant to proteolytic inactivation by plasmin...
- Gene amplification accompanied by the loss of a chromosome containing the native allele and the appearance of the amplified DNA at a new chromosomal locationE Heard
Eukaryotic Gene Organization and Expression Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:8242-6. 1991..In this model the excised DNA can be amplified extrachromosomally during a single S phase before becoming stabilized by integration into a chromosome, probably at a different location to that of its unamplified allele...
- Calcium antagonists. Their physiological differencesE D Frohlich
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, LA 70121
Am J Hypertens 4:430S-433S. 1991..Thus, the calcium antagonists are far more heterogeneous than other classes of antihypertensive agents in their physiological and clinical actions.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- [Genetics of hypertrophic cardiomyopathies: what are the clinical perspectives?]M Komajda
Service de cardiologie, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:11-4. 1996..The genetic heterogeneity of the disease is a limiting factor in genetic counselling and there are ethical problems related to the absence of effective treatment...
- Allosteric kinetics and equilibria differ for carbon monoxide and oxygen binding to hemoglobinN Q Zhang
Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Biophys J 58:333-40. 1990..W., M. Karplus, C. Poyart, and E. Bursaux. 1988. Biochemistry.27:1285-1301) or by the allosteric model of DiCera (Di Cera, E., C. H. Robert, and S. J. Gill. 1987. Biochemistry.26:4003-4008)...
- Is alopecia areata an autoimmune-response against melanogenesis-related proteins, exposed by abnormal MHC class I expression in the anagen hair bulb?R Paus
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Rudolf Virchow Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
Yale J Biol Med 66:541-54. 1993..The suppression of MHC I--expression and synthesis of MRP in the hair bulb, and the "tolerization" of MRP-DP autoreactive CD8+ T cells may be promising strategies for treating AA...
- Imported malaria (1985-95): trends and perspectivesP Muentener
Division of Communicable Diseases, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 77:560-6. 1999..Irregular surveillance and lack of homogeneity in the collected data hinder the assessment of incidences, risk groups, and the efficacy of chemoprophylaxis...
- [The genetics of type 1 Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, the hereditary focal neuropathies and the hereditary distal motor neuropathies]T Sevilla
, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia,
Rev Neurol 30:71-9. 2000..In familial amyotrophic neuralgia, genetic molecular analysis has shown linkage with markers on the chromosome 17q24-25...
- Heterogeneity of alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtypes involved in adrenergic contractions of dog blood vesselsY Kohno
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Fukui Medical School, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 112:1167-73. 1994..Regionally different expression of alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtypes may be in part associated with the regional heterogeneity of sympathetic responses in the blood vessels...
- Postoperative infections in spinal implants. Classification and analysis--a multicenter studyJ S Thalgott
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Nevada, School of Medicine, Las Vegas
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:981-4. 1991..Patients without normal host defenses, Classes B and C, are at high risk for developing postoperative wound infection. Specifically, this study demonstrated that cigarette smoking may be a significant risk factor...
- Clear-cell carcinoma: an ultrastructural study of 57 tumors from various sitesT J Kwon
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Ultrastruct Pathol 20:519-27. 1996..Because of the heterogeneity of the subcellular changes that can produce optically clear cytoplasm, electron microscopy has a limited role in determining the primary site of a metastatic clear-cell carcinoma...
- [Epidemiological course of cardiovascular diseases in developing countries]E Bertrand
, , chemin des Bourrelys, St-Antoine, Marseille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:981-5. 1997Though the environmental and medical conditions are very different, similar population characteristics can be observed in the developing countries. The mean age of the population is young...
- Rat protein kinase c zeta gene contains alternative promoters for generation of dual transcripts with 5'-end heterogeneityB S Marshall
Urologic Oncology Research Laboratory and George M. O'Brien Urology Research Center for Prostate Cancer, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
DNA Cell Biol 19:707-19. 2000..Also, multiple PCRs across different introns of the PKC zeta gene indicate that recent duplication of the gene or the existence of a closely related pseudogene in the rat genome are unlikely...
- Tachykinin NK1 receptor subtypes in the rat urinary bladderS Meini
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 111:739-46. 1994....
- Critical parameters in the quantitation of the stages of initiation, promotion, and progression in one model of hepatocarcinogenesis in the ratH C Pitot
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research Medical School, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Toxicol Pathol 17:594-611; discussion 611-2. 1989..The implications of such quantitative analyses during hepatocarcinogenesis induced by specific agents in relation to the specific action of the agent at one or more of the stages of hepatocarcinogenesis are discussed...
- Proliferative effect of insulin on cultured smooth muscle cells from rat mesenteric resistance vesselsM Cruzado
, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina
Am J Hypertens 11:54-8. 1998..The mild stimulatory effect of insulin in vitro may contribute in this way to the vascular hypertrophy of pathological entities exhibiting hyperinsulinemia...
- Endothelium-dependent vasoactive modulation in the ophthalmic circulationI O Haefliger
Laboratory of Ocular Pharmacology and Physiology, University Eye Clinic, Basel, Switzerland
Prog Retin Eye Res 20:209-25. 2001..The modulation of this regulatory system by different drugs might open new therapeutical approaches to treat vascular disorders in ophthalmology...
- [Biological characteristics of arterial systolic hypertension in relation to the degree of obesity in a middle aged active population]J Filipovsky
, , Plzen,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1173-5. 1993....
- [Molecular analysis of peroxisomal disorders]N Shimozawa
Department of Pediatrics, Gifu University School of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 30:128-33. 1998..The mouse model should facilitate researches on PBD and ALD, especially those on regulatory factors of their phenotypic heterogeneity and on new therapeutic approaches...
- Cost-effectiveness of oral cholera vaccine in a stable refugee population at risk for epidemic cholera and in a population with endemic choleraJ Murray
BASICS Basic Support for Institutionalizing Child Survival, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Bull World Health Organ 76:343-52. 1998..There is a need for better information on the feasibility and costs of administering oral cholera vaccine in refugee populations and populations with endemic cholera...
- Linear IgA bullous dermatosis of childhood with autoantibodies to a 230 kDa epidermal antigenJ Kanitakis
Department of Dermatology, , Lyon, France
Pediatr Dermatol 11:139-44. 1994..It further underscores the nosologic heterogeneity of LABD, which probably includes, apart from bullous pemphigoid, epidermolysis bullosa acquisita and cicatricial pemphigoid...
- [A case of staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome caused by exfoliative toxin-B producing MRSA]S Yokota
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama City University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:206-10. 1996..It will be possible for such toxigenic ET-B producing MRSA to gain the dominant status in NICU or closed areas...
- Evidence for the presence of both pre- and postjunctional P2-purinoceptor subtypes in human isolated urinary bladderS Palea
Department of Pharmacology, Glaxo Research Laboratories, Verona, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 114:35-40. 1995..Moreover, the activity of CB-G and TTX seems to support the existence of a prejunctional P2-purinoceptor subtype inducing the release of one or more inhibitor neurotransmitters...
- Comparative renal hemodynamic effects of lisinopril, verapamil, and amlodipine in patients with chronic renal failureP August
Cardiovascular Center, New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, New York 10021
Am J Hypertens 6:148S-154S. 1993..Our data do not support the use of a drug in these circumstances if it does not lower systemic blood pressure...
- Biological characteristics of praziquantel-resistant and -susceptible isolates of Schistosoma mansoniY S Liang
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford House, Langford, Bristol BS40 5DU, UK
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 95:715-23. 2001..Although granuloma sizes were generally similar for all isolates, the praziquantel-resistant isolates may be more pathogenic in mice than the susceptible ones because of their relatively high egg productions...
- Further evidence from functional studies for somatostatin receptor heterogeneity in guinea-pig isolated ileum, vas deferens and right atriumW Feniuk
Glaxo Institute of Applied Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge
Br J Pharmacol 115:975-80. 1995..However the characteristics of these latter receptors appear different from that of the recombinant sst2, sst3 and sst5 receptors for SRIF described for rat and man...
- The blood pressure effects of calcium supplementation in humans of known sodium responsivenessM H Weinberger
Hypertension Research Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis
Am J Hypertens 6:799-805. 1993..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Genetic counseling in hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancerA Heouaine
, Istituto Nazionaleper la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Tumori 82:136-42. 1996..In this way, pilot studies, involving both clinicians and researchers, can be undertaken with the aim of providing comprehensive results, potentially applicable to other cancer-predisposing conditions...
- Relationship between acute and chronic disease epidemiologyL H Kuller
Dept. of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Yale J Biol Med 60:363-77. 1987..The concept of multifactorial etiology of many chronic diseases may be a measure of our ignorance of causality rather than a biological principle...
- pS2 in breast carcinoma: association with steroid hormone receptor statusD Nikolic-Vukosavljevic
Institute of Oncology and Radiology of Serbia, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Tumori 84:691-4. 1998..Our direct purpose was to answer the question whether the expression of pS2 may be a marker of functional heterogeneity with respect to the steroid hormone receptor status...
- Angiotensin II receptor subtypesP B Timmermans
Du Pont Merck Pharmaceutical Company, Wilmington, DE 19880-0400
Am J Hypertens 5:406-10. 1992....
- HLA and juvenile rheumatoid arthritisM Cerna
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 40:69-73. 1994..3, p < 0.005). Taken together, there are not only genetic differences and clinical heterogeneity in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis patients but, also, common predisposing factors...
- Clinical and serological heterogeneity in patients with anticentromere antibodiesShoji Miyawaki
Rheumatic Diseases Center, Kurashiki Medical Center, Okayama, Japan
J Rheumatol 32:1488-94. 2005..To evaluate the clinical and serological heterogeneity in patients with anticentromere antibodies (ACA)...
- Chapter 2. Fasciola, lymnaeids and human fascioliasis, with a global overview on disease transmission, epidemiology, evolutionary genetics, molecular epidemiology and controlSantiago Mas-Coma
Departamento de Parasitologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Valencia, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Adv Parasitol 69:41-146. 2009..A complete understanding of molecular epidemiology is expected to help greatly in designing global actions and local interventions for control of fascioliasis...
- [The impact of glutamine-enhanced enteral nutrition on clinical outcome of patients with critical illness: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials]Hua Jiang
Department of Traumatic Surgery, Sichuan Academy of Medical Sciences and Sichuan Provincial People s Hospital, Chengdu 610073, China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 25:325-30. 2009..To systematically evaluate the influence of glutamine-enhanced enteral nutrition on clinical prognosis and treatment cost of patients with critical illness...
- Steroid receptor heterogeneity in relation to DNA index in breast cancer: a multiparameter flow cytometric approach on paraffin-embedded tumor samplesM P Leers
Department of Pathology, Atrium Medical Center Heerlen, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Breast J 7:249-59. 2001..Because of its objective quantification of subfractions within the same tumor, MP-FCM can be regarded as a superior method compared to more conventional techniques such as immunohistochemistry and biochemistry...
- Evidence for an ancestral founder of the common R116W mutation in the hydroxymethylbilane synthase gene in acute intermittent porphyria in The NetherlandsF W M de Rooij
Section Vascular and Metabolic Diseases, Dept of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 55:64-9. 2009..The Dutch R116W families are well documented with extended pedigrees (up to 1750) which makes it possible to study the haplotypes in these families...
- Genetic heterogeneity of Indian field isolates of foot-and-mouth disease virus serotype O as revealed by partial sequencing of 1D geneB Pattnaik
Central Laboratory, All India Coordinated Research Project on Foot and Mouth Disease, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Mukteswar Kumaon, Nainital
Virus Res 55:115-27. 1998..The involvement of vaccine virus in disease outbreaks was ruled out as the field strains (excluding the one in lineage 3) were phylogenetically distinct from it...
- Probabilistic analysis indicates discordant gene trees in chloroplast evolutionClaus Vogl
Department of Computer Science, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
J Mol Evol 56:330-40. 2003..Thus, genes may get duplicated when they are recruited into the inverted repeat region and one of the two copies may be lost after leaving the inverted repeat region...
- Potential for reduced toxicity and dose escalation in the treatment of inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer: a comparison of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), 3D conformal radiation, and elective nodal irradiationInga S Grills
Department of Radiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48072, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:875-90. 2003....
- Chernobyl as a population sink for barn swallows: tracking dispersal using stable-isotope profilesA P Møller
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Evolutive, CNRS UMR 7103, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Ecol Appl 16:1696-705. 2006..These findings suggest that stable-isotope measurements can provide information about population processes following environmental perturbations...
- Predictability in a highly stochastic system: final size of measles epidemics in small populationsQ Caudron
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA
J R Soc Interface 12:20141125. 2015..Our results have potential implications for possible control measures for the early stages of new epidemics in small populations. ..
- The molecular pathology of beta-thalassemia in Turkey: the Boğaziçi university experienceA Nazi Basak
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Neurodegeneration Research Laboratory, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
Hemoglobin 31:233-41. 2007....
- Genome-wide linkage scan of schizophrenia: a cross-isolate studyKazima B Bulayeva
N I Vavilov Institute of General Genetics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Gubkin Street 3, Moscow 117809, Russia
Genomics 89:167-77. 2007..A study at higher genotyping density across the regions of interest and fluorescence in situ hybridization analyses are currently underway...
- Laminar distributions of muscarinic acetylcholine, serotonin, GABA and opioid receptors in human posterior cingulate cortexB A Vogt
Department of Anatomy, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118
Neuroscience 36:165-74. 1990..While serotonin 2 receptors are co-distributed with serotonin uptake sites, serotonin 1A receptors have a significant mismatch with these sites.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Is 472G/A catechol-O-methyl-transferase gene polymorphism related to panic disorder?Elias Zintzaras
Department of Biomathematics, University of Thessaly School of Medicine, Papakyriazi 22, 41222 Larissa, Greece
Psychiatr Genet 17:267-73. 2007..To shed some light on these results a meta-analysis of all available case-control studies was conducted...
- Nutrient availability and atmospheric CO2 partial pressure modulate the effects of nutrient heterogeneity on the size structure of populations in grassland speciesFernando T Maestre
Department of Biology, Duke University, Phytotron Building, Box 90340, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Ann Bot 98:227-35. 2006....
- Intratumor heterogeneity of biomarker expression in breast carcinomasD C Chhieng
Department of Anatomy, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 6823, USA
Biotech Histochem 79:25-36. 2004..Minor regional variations were observed for EGFR and p53 in IDC. Similarly, no significant regional variation in the expression of markers was observed in DCIS except for PCNA...
- Nitrogen spatial heterogeneity influences diversity following restoration in a ponderosa pine forest, MontanaMichael J Gundale
Department of Ecosystem and Conservation Sciences, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana 59812, USA
Ecol Appl 16:479-89. 2006..These findings may lead to more informed restoration decisions that consider treatment effects on understory diversity in ponderosa pine/Douglas-fir ecosystems...
- DNA G+C content of the third codon position and codon usage biases of human genesN Sueoka
University of Colorado, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Boulder, CO 80309 0347, USA
Gene 261:53-62. 2000..These results support the notion that the directional mutation pressure, rather than the directional selection pressure, is mainly responsible for the heterogeneity of the G+C content of the third codon position...
- Genetic heterogeneity of severe von Willebrand disease type III in the German populationR Schneppenheim
Universitäts Kinderklinik Kiel, Germany
Hum Genet 94:640-52. 1994....
- Blood flow interplays with elastin: collagen and MMP: TIMP ratios to maintain healthy vascular structure and functionPoulami Basu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 6:215-28. 2010..The study combined the endothelial and dynamic (blood flow/pressure) components that affect medial thickness and elastin: collagen ratios...
- Relative efficacy of psychotherapy and combined therapy in the treatment of depression: a meta-analysisSaskia M de Maat
Mentrum Mental Health Institute Amsterdam, Klaprozenweg 111, P O Box 75848, 1070 AV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Psychiatry 22:1-8. 2007..Reviews of the relative efficacy of psychotherapy and combined therapy (psychotherapy with pharmacotherapy) for depression have yielded contradicting conclusions. This may be explained by the clinical heterogeneity of the studies reviewed...
- Heterogeneity of cerebral blood flow in symptomatic patients undergoing carotid endarterectomyE Vanninen
Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Nucl Med Commun 24:893-900. 2003..The CBF heterogeneity index after acetazolamide injection is a sensitive marker of the haemodynamic consequences of carotid artery stenosis and its operative treatment...
- Study of potatoes' sprout inhibitor treatments with chlorprophameS Noel
Agricultural Engineering Department, Agricultural Research Centre, Ministry of Small Enterprises, Traders and Agriculture, Gembloux, Belgium
Meded Rijksuniv Gent Fak Landbouwkd Toegep Biol Wet 67:431-9. 2002..The combination of this practise with a too high heterogeneity of the treatment are to be avoided in order to have a good preservation and meet the residues standards...
- [Healing efficacy of repairing mucosa defect with heterogeneity acellular dermal matrix]Yan Sun
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Cervical Surgery, Yantai Yuhuangding Hospital, Yantai Shandong, 264000, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:53-5. 2008..To introduce the clinical application of heterogeneity (cattle) acellular dermal matrix (ADM) in the repair of mucosa defect otolaryngology...
- Schizophrenia and violence: systematic review and meta-analysisSeena Fazel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 6:e1000120. 2009..In addition, we conducted a systematic review of investigations that reported on risk of homicide in individuals with schizophrenia and other psychoses...
- Racial and ethnic disparities in antidepressant drug useJie Chen
Department of Political Science, Economics and Philosophy, College of Staten Island CUNY, 2800 Victory Blvd, Room 2N 229 Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 11:155-65. 2008..Little is known about racial and ethnic disparities in health care utilization, expenditures and drug choice in the antidepressant market...
- [Transmural heterogeneity of calcium handling proteins in the mechanism of porcine model of ventricular fibrillation]Jing jun Lü
Department of Emergency Medicine, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 36:355-9. 2008..To investigate the role of heterogeneous expression of calcium handling proteins and spatial heterogeneity of APD restitution in the maintenance mechanism of ventricular fibrillation...
- Hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction does not contribute to pulmonary blood flow heterogeneity in normoxia in normal supine humansT J Arai
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, CA 92093, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 106:1057-64. 2009..88(0.20); normoxia, 2.07(0.24); hyperoxia, 2.02(0.28); P = 0.11] was also not different. We conclude that HPV does not affect pulmonary perfusion heterogeneity in normoxia in the normal supine human lung...
- Development of goldfish macrophages in vitroMiodrag Belosevic
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, CW 405 Biological Sciences Building, Edmonton, AB T6G 2E9, Canada
Fish Shellfish Immunol 20:152-71. 2006..The discovery of sCSF-1R in the goldfish highlights the inherent complexity in the hematopoietic regulatory machinery of teleosts...
- The harmful health effects of recreational ecstasy: a systematic review of observational evidenceG Rogers
Peninsula Technology Assessment Group PenTAG, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, UK
Health Technol Assess 13:iii-iv, ix-xii, 1-315. 2009..To investigate the harmful health effects of taking ecstasy (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, MDMA) for recreational purposes...
- International funding for malaria control in relation to populations at risk of stable Plasmodium falciparum transmissionRobert W Snow
Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, Centre for Geographic Medicine, Kenyan Medical Research Institute, University of Oxford, Wellcome Trust Collaborative Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
PLoS Med 5:e142. 2008..To examine this relationship, we compare an audit of international commitments with an objective assessment of national need: the population at risk of stable Plasmodium falciparum malaria transmission in 2007...
- Household water treatment in developing countries: comparing different intervention types using meta-regressionPaul R Hunter
School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, University of East Anglia, Norwich, U K
Environ Sci Technol 43:8991-7. 2009....
- Accuracy of two heterogeneity dose calculation algorithms for IMRT in treatment plans designed using an anthropomorphic thorax phantomScott E Davidson
Department of Radiation Physics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Phys 34:1850-7. 2007..As a result, a full understanding of any treatment planning system's heterogeneity algorithm is required prior to clinical implementation...
- Regional heterogeneity of EGFR gene amplification and nuclear morphology in glioblastomas. An investigation using laser microdissection and pressure catapultingReinhold Nafe
Departments of Neuroradiology, Hematology and Neuropathology, Edinger Institute, Clinics of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 26:65-76. 2004..To study the regional heterogeneity of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene amplification (EGFR-GA) in glioblastomas, considering the relationship between this mutation and morphology of tumor cell nuclei...
- Determining the absolute, chemical-heterogeneity-corrected molar mass averages, distribution, and solution conformation of random copolymersImad A Haidar Ahmad
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 32306 4390, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 396:1589-98. 2010..Additionally, correction of the Mark-Houwink and conformation plots for the effects of chemical heterogeneity shows that the copolymer adopts a more compact conformation in solution than originally concluded...
- Analysis of high temperature stress on the dynamics of antenna size and reducing side heterogeneity of Photosystem II in wheat leaves (Triticum aestivum)Sonal Mathur
School of Life Science, Devi Ahilya University, Indore 452017, M P, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1807:22-9. 2011..An irreversible damage to both the types of heterogeneity was observed at 45°C. The work is a significant contribution to understand the basic mechanism involved in the adaptation of crop plants to stress conditions...
- Does the use of SSRIs reduce medical care utilization and expenditures?Sukyung Chung
Department of Health Policy and Administration, McGavran Greenberg 1103B, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Campus Box 7411, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7411, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 8:119-29. 2005....
- Genetic heterogeneity in a prostatic carcinoma and associated prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia as demonstrated by combined use of laser-microdissection, degenerate oligonucleotide primed PCR and comparative genomic hybridizationH Zitzelsberger
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Radiobiology, Neuherberg, Germany
Virchows Arch 433:297-304. 1998....
- Clinical and biological characteristics of adult biphenotypic acute leukemia in comparison with that of acute myeloid leukemia and acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a case series of a Chinese populationXiao Qian Xu
Department of Hematology, Changhai Hospital, Secondary Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Haematologica 94:919-27. 2009..We present here a comprehensive investigation of the clinical and biological characteristics, and outcome of biphenotypic acute leukemia in our hospital in over a seven year period...
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Variation in M. tuberculosis in response to host selectionSarah Fortune; Fiscal Year: 2009..In these studies, we expect to provide fundamental insights into the mechanisms and targets of diversifying immune selection in M. tuberculosis. ..
- Personalized Clinical Diagnostics and Beyond: Integrated Ring Resonator ArraysRyan Bailey; Fiscal Year: 2009..This technology promises to broadly impact the landscape of the biomedical sciences, both meeting the clinical diagnostic challenges of today and pioneering the paradigm-shifting discoveries of tomorrow. ..
- Identification of Genetic and Epigenetic Alterations in SpondyloarthritisTibor T Glant; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Regulation of Type 1 Interferon Production by Autoimmunity-Associated PTPN22Yaya Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this grant I wil study the function of a genetic variant associated with multiple autoimmune diseases, the PTPN22 1858T variant, to examine its role in immune responses and disease pathogenesis. ..
- The Relationship Between STK39, Salt Sensitivity, and HCTZ-induced BP ResponseYEN PEI CHRISTY CHANG; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mucosal Memory T Cells at the Vanguard of Human Host DefenseDonna L Farber; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Exon capture and large-scale sequencing for disease-cause identification, early dFriedhelm Hildebrandt; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- EXPRESSION PROFILES FOR RET-POSITIVE DRG NEURONSSanjay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2013..Interactions with members of other GUDMAP projects and the community will provide synergies that will accelerate discovery and mechanism based projects related to pelvic visceral sensory system. ..
- Development of a Pediatric Mylelodysplastic Syndrome Patient RegistryDAVID A contact WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular Pathogenesis of MDS and CMMLJaroslaw P Maciejewski; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will precisely map these lesions, identifying genes that may play a role in the disease and potentially act as targets of therapy. ..
- Interrelationships among nutrients involved in one-carbon metabolism in BangladesMEGAN NINA HALL; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Sex-Hormones and the TMPRSS2: ERG Fusion in Prostate Cancer ProgressionLorelei Mucci; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Comparative Effectiveness Research in Pediatric Rheumatic Diseases: Leveraging CACAROL A contact WALLACE; Fiscal Year: 2010..With 95% of members working at academic centers, knowledge gained from research investigations will be rapidly disseminated and translated into practice. ..
- Delivery issues in lung cancer CNS metastasesEdward A Neuwelt; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that these approaches will lead to the development of a clinical trial of dynamic MRI and novel therapy that will translate into improved survival of VA patients with lung cancer brain metastases. ..
- Regulation/Role of AcylCer in Normal Epidermis and Atopic DermatitisPeter M Elias; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- A Rapid Point-of-care Diagnostic for C.trachomitis STDsRICHARD F contact SELDEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Network Biosystems aims to develop an easy to use, cost effective, one hour diagnostic for C. trachomatis that also differentiates strains types for appropriate treatment. ..
- Building Mouse Models of Metabolic SyndromeKaren L Svenson; Fiscal Year: 2013..A better understanding of the progression of this condition and the genetic factors that contribute to it will aid the development of effective treatment and prevention strategies. ..
- Glutamate-Glutamine Metabolism in Primary Human Brain TumorsAnne Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, as part of this proposal, we will identify metabolic biomarkers for those tumors that might respond to dietary therapy. ..
- Effect of Prone Position on Ventilator-Induced Lung InjuryGuido Musch; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this research, we will test whether promoting uniform lung inflation and tidal expansion by prone positioning reduces neutrophil metabolic activation, an early and important event in the pathogenesis of VILI. ..
- Rapid Analysis of Single T Cell Immunity Signatures in TuberculosisSanjay Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mutational Cloning in Familial Dementia and Alzheimers DiseaseWendy H Raskind; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will employ newly available powerful sequencing and bioinformatics techniques to detect causative mutations in families with apparent autosomal dominant dementia where the available affected persons are too few for linkage analyses. ..
- USHERIN: STRUCTURAL AND FUNCTIONAL ANALYSISDOMINIC E COSGROVE; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal tests the hypothesis that the functional connection is a process called protein translocation, which may pinpoint the defective process that causes deafness and blindness in Usher patients. ..
- Molecular pathogenesis and genetic diversification of childhood falciparum malariSTEVE MYER TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Developing Novel Serological Biomarkers for Autoimmune Liver DiseasesXuhang Li; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- A Microfluidic-platform Mini-Liver System for Human Liver Biology StudiesHONGSEOK M NOH; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Characterizing Mitochondrial DNA Susceptibility to Breast, Colorectal, and ProstaIona Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, we will evaluate heterogeneity of effects by disease sub-groups, environmental factors and known genetic risk factors. ..
- Training/Research Center-Bone Marrow Failure SyndromesJaroslaw P Maciejewski; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will precisely map these lesions, identifying genes that may play a role in the disease and potentially act as targets of therapy;these studies will form the basis for the training program proposed. ..
- Integration of sleep/wake network models across multiple temporal and spatial scaANDREW JOHN PHILLIPS; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed project will grant Dr. Phillips the necessary protected time to conduct research, achieve the necessary experience, and learn the requisite skills to achieve these long-term goals. ..
- Anti-Phospholipid Multiplex For Pathologic EpitopesPaul O Neilsen; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will help define the biochemical causes of antiphospholipid disorders and improve their diagnosis bringing better understanding and diagnosis to researchers, physicians, and patients. ..
- The Intestinal Microbiome in Pediatric NAFLDNita H Salzman; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Determinants Affecting FLT-PET in Colorectal CancerHENRY C MANNING; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Epidemiology of Putative Causal Variants in the Multiethnic CohortLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will coordinate the selection of these variants and endpoints, analytical methods, data analyses, and rapid reporting of results with other cohorts/clinical trials funded through this RFA. ..
- Predictive Ability of Gene Expression Signatures In Skin as SSc BiomarkersMONIQUE EVANGELINE HINCHCLIFF; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- NADPH-Oxidase and SLE SusceptibilitySwapan K Nath; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ultimately, a set of novel functional variants will be made available to the scientific community and provide a basis for future biological experiments to define how NADPHO contributes to the pathological mechanisms of lupus. ..
- Genetic and Cellular Basis of Resistance/Sensitivity to Myocardial IschemiaHoward J Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2012..The overall goal of this project is to identify genes and mechanisms involved in resistance to myocardial infarction. ..
- Social Networks &Breast Cancer Prognosis in the Chinese and US Evaluation StudyCandyce H Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is hoped that addressing gaps in the literature will help point to potential avenues through which relationships with network members might be augmented to promote survival, or managed to mitigate costs of social relationships. ..
- Identifying Biomarkers for Post-Partum Depression in African-American WomenPatrick F Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Future research could evaluate whether a biomarker signature is of predictive utility and, if so, rational primary prevention may become feasible. ..
- Scleroderma Subtyping from Fresh and Archived Biopsies using NextGen SequencingMichael W Fanger; Fiscal Year: 2011..The goal of this project is to simplify the currently complex sample preparation protocol while improving the robustness and decreasing the cost of the genetic analyses. ..
- Proteomic Identification of Actionable Biomarkers in Rheumatoid ArthritisWilliam H Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2010..6% of the world population. This proposal will identify novel autoantibody and cytokine biomarkers for (i) early diagnosis, (ii) predicting disease severity, and (iii) guiding therapeutic decision making for the treatment of RA. ..
- Molecular-Genetic Dissection of Basal Forebrain Circuitry Regulating ArousalPATRICK MICHAEL FULLER; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The Pox Virion Molecular InteractomePaul D Gershon; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Astrocyte senescence and HIV-associated neurocognitive disordersELIZABETH PATRICIA CROWE; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Phenotypic Spectrum of LRRK2 MutationsRachel Saunders-Pullman; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study capitalizes on an existing precious cohort of LRRK2 PD, other PD and family members in order to better learn about these features. ..
- Genetics of risk of chemotherapy-induced cardiotoxicity in cancer survivorsPeter Demant; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will have strong prospects to uncover novel pathways influencing ACT and open the way for definition of individual ACT pathogenesis in mice and humans. ..
- Human Stem Cell Model of Niemann Pick Type CLawrence S Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work will shed important light on an important childhood neurodegenerative disease and on Alzheimer's Disease as well. ..
- A Prospective Study of Diet and Prostate CancerEdward Giovannucci; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- miR-10a regulation of regional arterial endothelial phenotypes in atherosclerosisYun Fang; Fiscal Year: 2012..We hope to define microRNA-related targets for therapeutic intervention in cardiovascular disease. ..
- Molecular Profiles and Lifestyle Factors in Breast Cancer PrognosisBette J Caan; Fiscal Year: 2013..This population-based cohort is uniquely positioned to address several important gaps in our knowledge about cancer survivorship. ..
- Developmental Genetic Epidemiology of SmokingHermine H Maes; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will focus on both individual and contextual influences in order to make progress in prevention and control of smoking behavior, and thus influence public health. ..
- Reforming Medicare: Beneficiary Choice, Plan Payment, and Accountable CareJOHN MICHAEL MCWILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2012..McWilliams'ability to achieve the short-term training and research objectives he has proposed as well as his long-term career goal of making lasting contributions as a national leader in aging research. ..
- Gene Targeted Therapy of Brain TumorsJohn H Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal tests this "personalized" medicine approach in human tumors grown in mice as a prelude to human clinical studies. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ARTERIAL GRAFT HEALINGAlexander W Clowes; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- A 3D biomimetic liver sinusoid construct for predicting physiology and toxicityMartin L Yarmush; Fiscal Year: 2013..This module will be designed to integrate with other organ models forming a human microphysiology platform to improve drug efficacy and safety testing. ..
- Genome-wide SNP association in psoriasisANNE MARY BOWCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2012..These are expected to provide novel targets for therapies for these devastating diseases. ..
- Identification of Causal Variants at Novel GWAS Loci Associated with Lipid TraitsDANIEL JAMES RADER; Fiscal Year: 2010..By utilizing extreme lipid phenotypes we expect to identify new causal genetic variants, and will then test these variants for their relationship to cardiovascular disease. ..
- Mechanisms Regulating Clathrin-Mediated EndocytosisSandra L Schmid; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding the initiation of endocytosis is also critical to fight the proliferation of bacteria and viruses, which hijack the endocytic machinery to enter their host cells. ..
- STUDIES ON THE STRUCTURE OF BASEMENT MEMBRANESBILLY GERALD HUDSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..The basic science knowledge of the structure and assembly of collagen IV networks allow us to have a better understanding of the pathogenesis of kidney diseases. ..
- Endoplasmic reticulum structure and dynamics in breast cancer cell metastasis andJASON EDWARD LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, these studies aim to fill a void within the current understanding of the subcellular events underlying cell migration, and taxol treatment by investigating the role of the ER in the mechanisms of these processes. ..
- Integrated imaging of the form and function of the beating embryonic heartANDREW MARTIN ROLLINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our proposed studies could comprise a first step toward developing new therapeutic strategies based on FA/MI prevention of birth defects to benefit public health. ..
- MSM Mapping and Modeling ErbB Receptor Membrane TopograBridget S Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Both our biology and modeling are ultimately aimed at understanding the heterogeneity of ErbB expression in individual tumors and applying that knowledge for personalized, predictive tumor therapy. ..
- Nutriuretic Peptides, the Renin-Angiotensin System, and Metabolic Risk in ObesityThomas J Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Assessment ofbiochemial markers of these pathways may identify obese individuals at higher risk of developing cardiovascular risk factors and may suggest novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Lung Perfusion Heterogeneity and Mechanisms of EdemaSusan R Hopkins; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Multi-Dimensional Separation of BacteriaG Scott Worthen; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also are interested in contributing to an understanding of how tools such as fluid dynamics (for which a new program of numerical simulation will be presented to the scientific community) and microfluidics intersect with medicine. ..
- Tracking Cancer Stem Cell EvolutionJohn Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- GENETIC HETEROGENEITY IN HUMAN DISEASEAravinda Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 1992..By analyzing beta-globin, PKU, cystic fibrosis and LDL-receptor gene mutations and linked DNA polymorphisms we wish to delineate allelic heterogeneity and determine probable mechanisms of origin and maintenance of specific mutations...
- Peptide Biomarker Discovery by Mass Spectrometry for Early Detection of Liver CanHabtom Ressom; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition to screening high-risk populations for early signs of disease, the resulting biomarkers could be used to design and test improved treatment strategies. ..
- Heterogeneity and Econometric Net Cost Estimates of Schizophrenia Drug TreatmentsDavid Salkever; Fiscal Year: 2009..Review note: This application is submitted as an R03 small grant in response to PA-06-180;the content is within the scope of "Research in Mental Health Economics" (NIMH PA-07-213). ..
- DETERMINANTS OF LUNG MACROPHAGE ARACHIDONATE METABOLISMMarc Peters Golden; Fiscal Year: 1990..The proposed studies should enhance our basic understanding of the heterogeneity of alveolar macrophage arachidonate metabolism, and thereby, our potential to pharmacologically modulate inflammatory and immune pulmonary diseases...
- Vascular Heterogeneity Determination by Marrow Progenit*Shahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will lay the foundation for using BM-marrow derived cells for therapeutic cell therapy to enhance organ (i.e. lung, marrow) revascularization. ..
- PHYSIOLOGIC BASIS OF MUSCLE FUNCTIONAL MRIRONALD MEYER; Fiscal Year: 2005..involvement in various fatigue syndromes: first, is the intensity of the BOLD response in motor cortical areas quantitatively dependent on force development, and second, how is this central response altered by peripheral muscle fatigue? ..
- Role of Vascular Heterogeneity in ThrombosisBarbara Furie; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Statistical Innovations in Health Services ResearchJoseph Gardiner; Fiscal Year: 2009..services researchers, this project will provide methods for extracting valuable information on healthcare utilization and outcomes from administrative databases that can be used to inform cost-effectiveness analyses and health policy ..
- UTILIZATION OF RESEARCH ON CARDIOVASCULAR TECHNOLOGIESPAUL WORTMAN; Fiscal Year: 1990..Our preliminary research (reported in Section C) clearly demonstrates that the above approaches can be easily accommodated using our current databases and should be fully investigated before resorting to other procedures...
- A Sex-Specific Dissection of Autism GeneticsLAUREN ANNE WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2010..With better understanding of the biological basis and the genetic architecture of autism, diagnosis, prognosis, prevention and treatment options could be improved. ..
- CELLULAR BIOCHEMISTRY--STRUCTURAL VARIANTYAGYA SINHA; Fiscal Year: 1990..Radioimmunoassay and immunoblotting assays will be developed by standard procedures. The study will help in understanding GH-related disorders...
- Improving Meta-Analysis of Diagnostic Test StudiesChristopher Schmid; Fiscal Year: 2004..These tasks will contribute to the development of recommendations for improving diagnostic test meta-analyses. ..
- Neurogenetic Model of Social Behavior Heterogeneity in Autism Spectrum DisordersMichael L Platt; Fiscal Year: 2010..To address this gap, we will determine the genetic, developmental, and neurobiological contributions to social behavior phenotype in rhesus macaques. ..