Summary: Clinical, therapeutic and diagnostic approaches to optimal disease management based on individual variations in a patient's genetic profile.
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Liu B, Ji G. Sparking Thinking: Studying Modern Precision Medicine Will Accelerate the Progression of Traditional Chinese Medicine Patterns. J Altern Complement Med. 2017;23:502-504 pubmed publisher..The second is the use of biobanks and data platforms, which could broadly support biological and medical research. Such efforts will transform current medical management and accelerate the progression of precision medicine.
- Ross J, Wang K, Elkadi O, Tarasen A, Foulke L, Sheehan C, et al. Next-generation sequencing reveals frequent consistent genomic alterations in small cell undifferentiated lung cancer. J Clin Pathol. 2014;67:772-6 pubmed..Given the limited treatment options and poor prognosis of patients with SCLC, comprehensive genomic profiling has the potential to identify new treatment paradigms and meet an unmet clinical need for this disease. ..
- Topol E. The big medical data miss: challenges in establishing an open medical resource. Nat Rev Genet. 2015;16:253-4 pubmed
- Teater M, Melnick A. Untangling the Web of Lymphoma Somatic Mutations. Cell. 2017;171:270-272 pubmed publisher..This provides the first comprehensive overview of DLBCL biology and the basis for future precision medicine approaches to this disease.
- Tripathi R, Lee Verges E, Higashi M, Gimenez N, Rosich L, Lopez Guerra M, et al. New drug discovery approaches targeting recurrent mutations in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Expert Opin Drug Discov. 2017;12:1041-1052 pubmed publisher..The main challenge, however, will be to translate the preclinical results into the clinics. Therefore, the designing and execution of clinical trials focused on molecular drivers are the need of the hour. ..
- Paulson R. Introduction: Contemporary approaches to alternative ovarian stimulation strategies for inÂ vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:555-557 pubmed publisher..As the treatment of infertility becomes more personalized, it is likely that standard, heavy-handed stimulation protocols will give way to simpler strategies, specifically tailored to each patient's individual characteristics and needs. ..
- Fauser B. Patient-tailored ovarian stimulation for inÂ vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:585-591 pubmed publisher..Potentially much may be gained by such methods because at present ovarian response to stimulation varies greatly, with distinct implications for both efficacy and safety of IVF treatment. ..
- Herghelegiu A, Moser A, Prada G, Born S, Wilhelm M, Stuck A. Effects of health risk assessment and counselling on physical activity in older people: A pragmatic randomised trial. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181371 pubmed publisher..International Standard Randomized Controlled Trial Number: ISRCTN11166046. ..
- Kes V, Cesarik M, Matovina L, Zavoreo I, Corić L, Drnasin S, et al. The role of complementary and alternative medicine in therapy of multiple sclerosis. Acta Clin Croat. 2013;52:464-71 pubmed..However, in recent years, the USA National Institutes of Health and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society have been actively supporting the researches in this very important area. ..
- Becker M, Böckmann B. Personalized Guideline-Based Treatment Recommendations Using Natural Language Processing Techniques. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2017;235:271-275 pubmed..To identify SNOMED CT concepts, a software was developed to extract SNOMED CT codes out of structured and unstructured German data to map these with clinical pathways annotated in accordance with the systematized nomenclature. ..
- Liang Z, Cheng Y, Chen Y, Hu Y, Liu W, Lu Y, et al. EGFR T790M ctDNA testing platforms and their role as companion diagnostics: Correlation with clinical outcomes to EGFR-TKIs. Cancer Lett. 2017;403:186-194 pubmed publisher..Managing these outcomes with appropriate companion diagnostics using ctDNA in early detection of these genetic alterations will improve patient care. ..
- Paterson A. HbA1c for type 2 diabetes diagnosis in Africans and African Americans: Personalized medicine NOW!. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002384 pubmed publisher..Andrew Paterson discusses findings from a new study that shows HbA1c screening for diabetes will leave 2% of African Americans undiagnosed and how personalised medicine is needed. ..
- Lengauer T, Pfeifer N, Kaiser R. Personalized HIV therapy to control drug resistance. Drug Discov Today Technol. 2014;11:57-64 pubmed publisher..We discuss the properties of available systems and the perspectives of the field. ..
- Shafi T, Mullangi S, Toth Manikowski S, Hwang S, Michels W. Residual Kidney Function: Implications in the Era of Personalized Medicine. Semin Dial. 2017;30:241-245 pubmed publisher..The benefits of RKF present the opportunity to personalize the management of uremia. ..
- Nowakowski G, Czuczman M. ABC, GCB, and Double-Hit Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: Does Subtype Make a Difference in Therapy Selection?. Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book. 2015;:e449-57 pubmed publisher..As such, molecular classification of DLBCL is not only important for prognostication, but moves to center stage for personalization of therapy for DLBCL. ..
- Characterizing and monitoring tumor genomes with blood samples could achieve significant improvements in precision medicine. As tumors shed parts of themselves into the circulation, analyses of circulating tumor cells, circulating tumor ..
- Gray J. The shift to personalised and population medicine. Lancet. 2013;382:200-1 pubmed
- Smith B, Agarwal P, Bhowmick N. MicroRNA applications for prostate, ovarian and breast cancer in the era of precision medicine. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2017;24:R157-R172 pubmed publisher..The convergence of the capacity for genomic screening being implemented in the prevailing precision medicine initiative and the capabilities of microRNA to address these changes holds significant promise...
- Marini B, Benitez L, Zureick A, Salloum R, Gauthier A, Brown J, et al. Blood-brain barrier-adapted precision medicine therapy for pediatric brain tumors. Transl Res. 2017;188:27.e1-27.e14 pubmed publisher..Finally, we summarize both tumor and drug characteristics that impact the ability to successfully incorporate targeted therapies into CNS malignancy management. ..
- Goldstein D, Gordon N, Davidescu M, Leshno M, Steuer C, Patel N, et al. A Phamacoeconomic Analysis of Personalized Dosing vs Fixed Dosing of Pembrolizumab in Firstline PD-L1-Positive Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2017;109: pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to compare the economic impact of using personalized dosing (2?mg/kg) vs fixed dosing (200?mg) in the firstline setting of mNSCLC...
- Mesa R, Cortes J. Optimizing management of ruxolitinib in patients with myelofibrosis: the need for individualized dosing. J Hematol Oncol. 2013;6:79 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes data supporting appropriate individualized patient management through careful monitoring of blood counts and dose titration as needed in order to maximize treatment benefit. ..
- Yizhak K, Gaude E, Le Dévédec S, Waldman Y, Stein G, van de Water B, et al. Phenotype-based cell-specific metabolic modeling reveals metabolic liabilities of cancer. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..These results lay a computational basis and a counterpart experimental proof of concept for future personalized metabolic modeling applications, enhancing the search for novel selective anticancer therapies. ..
- Ferranti E, Grossmann R, Starkweather A, Heitkemper M. Biological determinants of health: Genes, microbes, and metabolism exemplars of nursing science. Nurs Outlook. 2017;65:506-514 pubmed publisher..The integration of omics holds promise for increasing the impact of nursing research and practice on population health outcomes. ..
- Cordero O, Varela Calvino R, López González T, Grujic M, Juranic Z, Mouriño C, et al. Anti-CD26 autoantibodies are involved in rheumatoid arthritis and show potential clinical interest. Clin Biochem. 2017;50:903-910 pubmed publisher..is associated to factors triggering RA in the lung and periodontal tissue, these results suggest that Anti-CD26 isotypes may participate in pathogenesis and may be useful as biomarkers for earlier diagnosis and/or precision medicine.
- Grellety T, Lucchesi C, Hostein I, Auzanneau C, Khalifa E, Soubeyran I, et al. High-depth sequencing of paired primary and metastatic tumours: Implications for personalised medicine. Eur J Cancer. 2017;84:250-256 pubmed publisher..Up to 40% of paired primary tumour/metastases have discordant molecular profile. Liquid biopsies may overcome, in the near future, the limits of tumour tissue genotyping. ..
- Meagher K, McGowan M, Settersten R, Fishman J, Juengst E. Precisely Where Are We Going? Charting the New Terrain of Precision Prevention. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet. 2017;18:369-387 pubmed publisherIn addition to genetic data, precision medicine research gathers information about three factors that modulate gene expression: lifestyles, environments, and communities...
- Auvray M, Benderra M, Bretagne M, Faouzi S, Lebellec L, Majhoubi L, et al. [What biomarkers for the future? The point of view of the residents in oncology after the ESMO 2016 Congress]. Bull Cancer. 2017;104:744-751 pubmed publisher..This article synthetizes oncology resident's reflexions during the ESMO congress which took place in Copenhagen from 7 to 11 October 2016. The aim was to select the most relevant or promising results for future clinical practice. ..
- Wang L, Li F, Sheng J, Wong S. A computational method for clinically relevant cancer stratification and driver mutation module discovery using personal genomics profiles. BMC Genomics. 2015;16 Suppl 7:S6 pubmed publisher..can be used to help guide the repurposing of known drugs and their combinations in order to target these dysfunctional modules and their downstream signaling effectively for achieving personalized or precision medicine treatment.
- Roberts C, Christiansen P, Halford J. Tailoring pharmacotherapy to specific eating behaviours in obesity: Can recommendations for personalised therapy be made from the current data?. Acta Diabetol. 2017;54:715-725 pubmed publisher..Specific mechanistic studies and broader behavioural phenotyping, possibly in conjunction with pharmacogenetic research, are required to characterise responders for distinct pharmacotherapeutic options. ..
- Di Paolo A, Sarkozy F, Ryll B, Siebert U. Personalized medicine in Europe: not yet personal enough?. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:289 pubmed publisher..In future, personalized medicine should move from treating diseases to managing patients, taking into account all individual factors. ..
- Falk A, Heeke S, Hofman V, Lespinet V, Ribeyre C, Bordone O, et al. NGS analysis on tumor tissue and cfDNA for genotype-directed therapy in metastatic NSCLC patients. Between hope and hype?. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2017;17:681-685 pubmed publisherThe advent of genomic based precision medicine led to the implementation of biomarker testing in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients...
- Bueno M, Mouron S, Quintela Fandino M. Personalising and targeting antiangiogenic resistance: a complex and multifactorial approach. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1119-1125 pubmed publisher..We also propose a method for facilitating personalised therapeutic decisions, which uses 18F-fluoromisonidazole-positron emission tomography to monitor the dual stromal response in tumours of individual patients. ..
- Hanna M, Pantanowitz L. The role of informatics in patient-centered care and personalized medicine. Cancer Cytopathol. 2017;125:494-501 pubmed publisher..accordingly become increasingly dependent on pathology informatics support to meet the emerging demands of precision medicine. Pathology informatics deals with information technology in the laboratory, and the impact of this ..
- Pearson A, Pfister S, Baruchel A, Bourquin J, Casanova M, Chesler L, et al. From class waivers to precision medicine in paediatric oncology. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:e394-e404 pubmed publisher..These initiatives and a mechanism of action-based approach to drug development will accelerate the delivery of new therapeutic drugs for front-line therapy for those children who have unmet medical needs. ..
- de Jong T, Vosslamber S, Verweij C. Moving towards personalized medicine in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:110 pubmed..These observations assign biological pathways associated with response outcome and provide evidence for the existence of systemic,easy-to-measure predictive biomarkers for clinical benefit of these biologics. ..
- Tripathy D, Harnden K, Blackwell K, Robson M. Next generation sequencing and tumor mutation profiling: are we ready for routine use in the oncology clinic?. BMC Med. 2014;12:140 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, the trend toward a precision medicine pathway is clearly accelerating, and clinical trials validating pathway-driven personalized cancer ..
- Savvopoulos S, Misener R, Panoskaltsis N, Pistikopoulos E, Mantalaris A. A Personalized Framework for Dynamic Modeling of Disease Trajectories in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2016;63:2396-2404 pubmed..The proposed model offers a practical platform that may be explored in future personalized patient protocols once validated. ..
- Louca S, Pochet R, Schinzer D. Why another conference on personalized medicine?. Croat Med J. 2012;53:205-6 pubmed
- Zhao J, Huang J, Hu X. BPLT+: a Bayesian-based personalized recommendation model for health care. BMC Genomics. 2013;14 Suppl 4:S6 pubmed publisher..We conduct experiments on real medical data, and the experimental results show the effectiveness of the proposed BPLT(+) model. ..
- Zhang C, Liu J, Shi Q, Zeng T, Chen L. Comparative network stratification analysis for identifying functional interpretable network biomarkers. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:48 pubmed publisherA major challenge of bioinformatics in the era of precision medicine is to identify the molecular biomarkers for complex diseases...
- Bernier J. Precision medicine for early breast cancer radiotherapy: Opening up new horizons?. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2017;113:79-82 pubmed publisher..predictive tools in the breast cancer? On the one hand, optimizing radiotherapy through the integration of precision medicine into the breast cancer management still remains a challenging issue...
- Li Y, Chen Y, Li J, Zhang Z, Huang C, Lian G, et al. Co-delivery of microRNA-21 antisense oligonucleotides and gemcitabine using nanomedicine for pancreatic cancer therapy. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1493-1503 pubmed publisherTumor metastasis occurs naturally in pancreatic cancer, and the efficacy of chemotherapy is usually poor. Precision medicine, combining downregulation of target genes with chemotherapy drugs, is expected to improve therapeutic effects...
- O connor C, Kiernan T, Yan B. The genetic basis of antiplatelet and anticoagulant therapy: A pharmacogenetic review of newer antiplatelets (clopidogrel, prasugrel and ticagrelor) and anticoagulants (dabigatran, rivaroxaban, apixaban and edoxaban). Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2017;13:725-739 pubmed publisher..The direction of this research and its real-world implications are discussed. ..
- Dodds S. The How-To for Type 2: An Overview of Diagnosis and Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Nurs Clin North Am. 2017;52:513-522 pubmed publisher..Recommendations for evidence-based lifestyle measures and current pharmacologic options are addressed. A priority on individualized, holistic care with patient-specified goals and the management of comorbidities is emphasized. ..