electronic health records
Summary: Media that facilitate transportability of pertinent information concerning patient's illness across varied providers and geographic locations. Some versions include direct linkages to online consumer health information that is relevant to the health conditions and treatments related to a specific patient.
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Archer A, Bolser B, Crocker J, Miller J, Parman C, Warner D. Managing unsolicited health information in the electronic health record. J AHIMA. 2013;84:70-3 pubmed
- Chung J, Cho I. The need for academic electronic health record systems in nurse education. Nurse Educ Today. 2017;54:83-88 pubmed publisher..Meaningful adoption of academic electronic health record systems will help in building the undergraduate nursing students' competence in nursing documentation with electronic health record systems. ..
- Abernethy A, Arunachalam A, Burke T, McKay C, Cao X, Sorg R, et al. Real-world first-line treatment and overall survival in non-small cell lung cancer without known EGFR mutations or ALK rearrangements in US community oncology setting. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178420 pubmed publisher..0 months (95% CI: 9.4, 10.8) for nonsquamous NSCLC. The results provide context for evaluating the effect of shifting treatment patterns of NSCLC treatments on patient outcomes, and for community oncology benchmarking initiatives. ..
- CurÃ© O, Maurer H, Shah N, Le Pendu P. A formal concept analysis and semantic query expansion cooperation to refine health outcomes of interest. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2015;15 Suppl 1:S8 pubmed publisherb>Electronic Health Records (EHRs) are frequently used by clinicians and researchers to search for, extract, and analyze groups of patients by defining Health Outcome of Interests (HOI)...
- Guiriguet C, Muñoz Ortiz L, Buron A, Rivero I, Grau J, Vela Vallespín C, et al. Alerts in electronic medical records to promote a colorectal cancer screening programme: a cluster randomised controlled trial in primary care. Br J Gen Pract. 2016;66:e483-90 pubmed publisher..018). The use of an alert in an individual's primary care EMR is associated with a statistically significant increased uptake of an organised, FIT-based colorectal cancer screening programme in patients attending primary care centres. ..
- Sedrak M, Myers J, Small D, Nachamkin I, Ziemba J, Murray D, et al. Effect of a Price Transparency Intervention in the Electronic Health Record on Clinician Ordering of Inpatient Laboratory Tests: The PRICE Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177:939-945 pubmed publisher..03-0.12; P?<?.001). Displaying Medicare allowable fees for inpatient laboratory tests did not lead to a significant change in overall clinician ordering behavior or associated fees. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT02355496. ..
- Jagsi R, Griffith K, Sabolch A, Jones R, Spence R, de Vries R, et al. Perspectives of Patients With Cancer on the Ethics of Rapid-Learning Health Systems. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35:2315-2323 pubmed publisher..Such information is critical to inform ongoing efforts to implement oncology learning systems. ..
- Patel M, Day S, Small D, Howell J, Lautenbach G, Nierman E, et al. Using default options within the electronic health record to increase the prescribing of generic-equivalent medications: a quasi-experimental study. Ann Intern Med. 2014;161:S44-52 pubmed publisher..The use of default options was an effective method to increase the odds of prescribing generic medication equivalents for ?-blockers and statins. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. ..
- Soghomonyan S, Abdel Rasoul M, Zuleta Alarcon A, Grants I, Dávila V, Yu J, et al. Clopidogrel IBS Patients Have Higher Incidence of Gastrointestinal Symptoms Influenced by Age and Gender. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:2728-2743 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies can determine clinical implications of P2Y12Rs in IBS. ..
- Carroll T, Tonges M, Ray J. Preparing for Electronic Medical Record Implementation: Carolina Care Communication in an Electronic Environment. J Nurs Adm. 2017;47:558-564 pubmed publisher..Seven focus areas were integrated to create the "Communication in an Electronic Environment" program with a strong emphasis on nurse-patient communication...
- . Transitioning HIV-infected youth into adult health care. Pediatrics. 2013;132:192-7 pubmed..Communication among all providers is essential and should include both personal contact and a written medical summary. Progress toward the transition should be tracked and,once completed, should be documented and assessed. ..
- Lee B, Oster N, Chen G, Ding L, Walker J, Elmore J. Ophthalmology patients' interest in online access to clinic notes at three US clinics. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2017;37:420-427 pubmed publisher..Ophthalmologists should consider offering online access to their notes to enhance doctor-patient communication and improve clinical outcomes. ..
- Tulloch J, McGinley L, Sanchez Vizcaino F, Medlock J, Radford A. The passive surveillance of ticks using companion animal electronic health records. Epidemiol Infect. 2017;145:2020-2029 pubmed publisher..We propose that the passive surveillance of companion animal electronic health records (EHRs) could provide a novel methodology for describing temporal and spatial tick activity...
- Wang S, Zhao D, Zhang Y. Searchable attribute-based encryption scheme with attribute revocation in cloud storage. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183459 pubmed publisher..Under the assumption of decisional bilinear Diffie-Hellman exponent (q-BDHE) and decisional Diffie-Hellman (DDH) in the selective security model, we prove that our scheme is secure. ..
- Rubio López I, Costumero R, Ambit H, Gonzalo Martin C, Menasalvas E, Rodríguez González A. Acronym Disambiguation in Spanish Electronic Health Narratives Using Machine Learning Techniques. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2017;235:251-255 pubmedb>Electronic Health Records (EHRs) are now being massively used in hospitals what has motivated current developments of new methods to process clinical narratives (unstructured data) making it possible to perform context-based searches...
- Singleton D, Sanchez Vizcaino F, Dawson S, Jones P, Noble P, Pinchbeck G, et al. Patterns of antimicrobial agent prescription in a sentinel population of canine and feline veterinary practices in the United Kingdom. Vet J. 2017;224:18-24 pubmed publisher..This study describes antimicrobial agent prescription (AAP) patterns over a 2year period using electronic health records (EHRs) from booked consultations in a network of 457 sentinel veterinary premises in the United Kingdom...
- Feblowitz J, Takhar S, Ward M, Ribeira R, Landman A. A Custom-Developed Emergency Department Provider Electronic Documentation System Reduces Operational Efficiency. Ann Emerg Med. 2017;70:674-682.e1 pubmed publisher..Strategies to mitigate these effects, such as reducing documentation requirements or adding clinical staff, scribes, or voice recognition, would be a valuable area of future research. ..
- Bancroft E, Lee S. Use of electronic death certificates for influenza death surveillance. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:78-82 pubmed publisher..Because surveillance by electronic death certificates does not require obtaining and reviewing medical records, it requires fewer resources and is less burdensome on public health staff. ..
- Richardson M, Van Den Eeden S, Roberts E, Ferrara A, Paulukonis S, English P. Evaluating the Use of Electronic Health Records for Type 2 Diabetes Surveillance in 2 California Counties, 2010-2014. Public Health Rep. 2017;132:463-470 pubmed publisherb>Electronic health records (EHRs) and electronic laboratory records (ELRs) are increasingly seen as a rich source of data for performing public health surveillance activities and monitoring community health status...
- Breimer G, Dammers R, Woerdeman P, Buis D, Delye H, Brusse Keizer M, et al. Endoscopic third ventriculostomy and repeat endoscopic third ventriculostomy in pediatric patients: the Dutch experience. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2017;20:314-323 pubmed publisher..ETVSS adequately predicts the chance of successful re-ETV. The presence of prepontine arachnoid membranes and the use of EVD negatively influence the chance of success. ..
- Sussman J, Wiitala W, Zawistowski M, Hofer T, Bentley D, Hayward R. The Veterans Affairs Cardiac Risk Score: Recalibrating the Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease Score for Applied Use. Med Care. 2017;55:864-870 pubmed publisher..Recalibration improved estimates dramatically, and the type of recalibration was important. Such tools can also easily be integrated into health system's electronic health record and can be more readily updated. ..
- Jeffries M, Phipps D, Howard R, Avery A, Rodgers S, Ashcroft D. Understanding the implementation and adoption of a technological intervention to improve medication safety in primary care: a realist evaluation. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:196 pubmed publisher..achieve this aim, for example by providing access to prescribing data through surveillance of patients' electronic health records. The aim of our study was to examine the implementation and adoption of an electronic medicines ..
- Freidl G, Spruijt I, Borlée F, Smit L, van Gageldonk Lafeber A, Heederik D, et al. Livestock-associated risk factors for pneumonia in an area of intensive animal farming in the Netherlands. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174796 pubmed publisher..We strongly recommend identification of pneumonia causes by the use of molecular diagnostics and investigating the role of non-infectious agents such as particulate matter or endotoxins. ..
- Hong S, Son H, Choi S, Chang D, Kim Y, Jung S, et al. A prediction model for advanced colorectal neoplasia in an asymptomatic screening population. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181040 pubmed publisher..This model may increase colorectal cancer risk awareness and assist healthcare providers in encouraging the high-risk group to undergo a colonoscopy. ..
- Hickin M, Shariff J, Jennette P, Finkelstein J, Papapanou P. Incidence and Determinants of Dental Implant Failure: A Review of Electronic Health Records in a U.S. Dental School. J Dent Educ. 2017;81:1233-1242 pubmed publisher..The adopted analytical approach can enhance quality assurance measures and may contribute to the identification of true risk factors for dental implant failure...
- van den Dungen C, Hoeymans N, van den Akker M, Biermans M, Van Boven K, Joosten J, et al. Do practice characteristics explain differences in morbidity estimates between electronic health record based general practice registration networks?. BMC Fam Pract. 2014;15:176 pubmed publisher..General practice based registration networks (GPRNs) provide information on population health derived from electronic health records (EHR). Morbidity estimates from different GPRNs reveal considerable, unexplained differences...
- Joore I, Geerlings S, Brinkman K, van Bergen J, Prins J. The importance of registration of sexual orientation and recognition of indicator conditions for an adequate HIV risk-assessment. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:178 pubmed publisher..3% of all ICs and 39.5% of this group was offered an HIV test at that time. Documentation of sexual orientation and ethnicity, and IC-guided testing by GPs could be the starting point for more proactive provider-initiated HIV testing. ..
- Low L, Liu N, Lee K, Ong M, Wang S, Jing X, et al. FAM-FACE-SG: a score for risk stratification of frequent hospital admitters. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2017;17:35 pubmed publisher..a retrospective cohort study using the readily available clinical and administrative data from the electronic health records of a tertiary hospital in Singapore...
- Ingram M, Doubleday K, Bell M, Lohr A, Murrieta L, Velasco M, et al. Community Health Worker Impact on Chronic Disease Outcomes Within Primary Care Examined Using Electronic Health Records. Am J Public Health. 2017;107:1668-1674 pubmed publisherTo investigate community health worker (CHW) effects on chronic disease outcomes using electronic health records (EHRs). We examined EHRs of 32?147 patients at risk for chronic disease during 2012 to 2015...
- Coute R, Ehrenfeld J, Gupta D, Terekhov M, Wanderer J. Electronically self-assessed functional capacity and exercise testing: A comparison of the Duke Activity Status Index and Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System tools. Am Heart J. 2017;188:82-86 pubmed publisher..10). Among patients undergoing clinically indicated exercise stress testing, DASI outperformed PROMIS PF-SF12a as a predictor of exercise METs. ..
- Holmes C. The problem list beyond meaningful use. Part I: The problems with problem lists. J AHIMA. 2011;82:30-3; quiz 34 pubmed
- . Data reporting mandates, hardware selection, HIMSS Stage 7. Healthc Inform. 2011;28:4 pubmed
- Mahmoud S, Boyd A, Curcin V, Bache R, Ali A, Miles S, et al. The 'PEARL' Data Warehouse: Initial Challenges Faced with Semantic and Syntactic Interoperability. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2017;235:156-160 pubmed..This paper describes an approach to combine linked GP records with study observations, and reports initial challenges related to semantic and syntactic interoperability issues. ..
- Blaisure J, Ceusters W. Business Rules to Improve Secondary Data Use of Electronic Healthcare Systems. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2017;235:303-307 pubmed..By reviewing secondary data use requirements and formulating value adding business rules, development and data collection practices can be steered towards greater value in secondary data consumption. ..
- Arbogast K, Curry A, Metzger K, Kessler R, Bell J, Haarbauer Krupa J, et al. Improving Primary Care Provider Practices in Youth Concussion Management. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2017;56:854-865 pubmed publisher..A total of 95% of post-intervention examinations were documented within the SmartSet. An electronic clinical decision support tool, plus in-person training, may be key to changing primary care provider behavior around concussion care. ..
- Terry A, Cejic S, Ryan B, Shadd J, Stewart M, Fortin M, et al. You and your EMR: the research perspective: part 4. Optimizing EMRs in primary health care practice and research. Can Fam Physician. 2012;58:705-6 pubmed
- Drobny S. Making Patients Partners in Real-Time Electronic Charting. Am J Nurs. 2017;117:11 pubmed publisher..This form of team charting builds trust with patients and improves health literacy. ..
- Agboola S, Golas S, Fischer N, Nikolova Simons M, Op den Buijs J, Schertzer L, et al. Healthcare utilization in older patients using personal emergency response systems: an analysis of electronic health records and medical alert data : Brief Description: A Longitudinal Retrospective Analyses of healthcare utilization rates in older pa. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:282 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that PERS data combined with electronic medical records data can provide useful insights that can be used to improve health outcomes in older patients. ..
- Bozzay J, Broce M, Mousa A. Hybrid Treatment of Extracranial Carotid Artery Disease. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2017;51:373-376 pubmed publisher..8 months, median 7.8 months). The combined CEA with retrograde stenting for tandem extracranial lesion procedure is safe and feasible, with adequate intermediate-term outcomes consistent with the recent literature. ..
- Lawrence J, Black M, Zhang J, Slezak J, Takhar H, Koebnick C, et al. Validation of pediatric diabetes case identification approaches for diagnosed cases by using information in the electronic health records of a large integrated managed health care organization. Am J Epidemiol. 2014;179:27-38 pubmed publisherWe explored the utility of different algorithms for diabetes case identification by using electronic health records. Inpatient and outpatient diagnosis codes, as well as data on laboratory results and dispensing of antidiabetic ..
- Goldsbury D, Weber M, Yap S, Banks E, O Connell D, Canfell K. Identifying incident colorectal and lung cancer cases in health service utilisation databases in Australia: a validation study. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2017;17:23 pubmed publisher..However, the strengths and limitations of the different data sources should be borne in mind. ..
- Fried T, Niehoff K, Street R, Charpentier P, Rajeevan N, Miller P, et al. Effect of the Tool to Reduce Inappropriate Medications on Medication Communication and Deprescribing. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017;65:2265-2271 pubmed publisher..TRIM improved communication about medications and accuracy of documentation. Although there was no association with prescribing, the small sample size provided limited power to examine medication-related outcomes. ..
- Rodriguez Torres Y, Huang J, Mihlstin M, Juzych M, Kromrei H, Hwang F. The effect of electronic health record software design on resident documentation and compliance with evidence-based medicine. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185052 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance of EHR template design to improve resident documentation and integration of evidence-based medicine into their clinical notes...
- Moreno Iribas C, Sayon Orea C, Delfrade J, Ardanaz E, Gorricho J, Burgui R, et al. Validity of type 2 diabetes diagnosis in a population-based electronic health record database. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2017;17:34 pubmed publisher..b>Electronic health records (EHRs) have great potential for research and surveillance purposes; however the quality of their data ..
- Bahga A, Madisetti V. A cloud-based approach for interoperable electronic health records (EHRs). IEEE J Biomed Health Inform. 2013;17:894-906 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we describe the high-level design of CHISTAR and the approaches for semantic interoperability, data integration, and security. ..
- Chapman H, Kilner M, Matthews R, White A, Thompson A, Fowler Davis S, et al. Developing a caseload classification tool for community nursing. Br J Community Nurs. 2017;22:192-196 pubmed publisher..Community nursing caseloads can now be organised according to acuity and complexity of patient need, which determines allocation of staff and skill mix. ..
- O Banion L, Wu B, Eichler C, Reilly L, Conte M, Hiramoto J. Cryopreserved saphenous vein as a last-ditch conduit for limb salvage. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:844-849 pubmed publisher..However, poor midterm to long-term patency suggests that optimal selection of patients is needed to derive meaningful clinical benefit. ..
- Destino L, Valentine M, Sheikhi F, Starmer A, Landrigan C, Sanders L. Inpatient Hospital Factors and Resident Time With Patients and Families. Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..05). On average, trainees spend <8 minutes per hour in DPCT. Variation exists in DPCT between hospitals. A less complex case mix, increased patient volume, and Magnet designation were independently associated with increased DPCT. ..
- Girardeau Y, Doods J, Zapletal E, Chatellier G, Daniel C, Burgun A, et al. Leveraging the EHR4CR platform to support patient inclusion in academic studies: challenges and lessons learned. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2017;17:36 pubmed publisherThe development of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) in hospitals offers the ability to reuse data from patient care activities for clinical research...
- DeSantes K, Dodge A, Eickhoff J, Peterson A. Improving Universal Pediatric Lipid Screening. J Pediatr. 2017;188:87-90 pubmed publisher..Similar efforts could be applicable for implementation of other guidelines. ..
- Jin B, Liu R, Hao S, Li Z, Zhu C, Zhou X, et al. Defining and characterizing the critical transition state prior to the type 2 diabetes disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180937 pubmed publisher..This 6-month window before the disease state provides an early warning of the impending T2DM, warranting an opportunity to apply proactive interventions to prevent or delay the new onset of T2DM. ..
- Berndorfer S, Henriksson A. Automated Diagnosis Coding with Combined Text Representations. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2017;235:201-205 pubmed
- Chen M, Lu X, Hu L, Liu P, Zhao W, Yan H, et al. Development and validation of a mortality risk model for pediatric sepsis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6923 pubmed publisher..844 (0.816, 0.873) in the training and validation groups, respectively.The Mortality Risk Model for Pediatric Sepsis we established in this study showed acceptable accuracy to predict the mortality risk in pediatric sepsis patients. ..
- Robinson M, Greenhawt M, Stukus D. Factors associated with epinephrine administration for anaphylaxis in children before arrival to the emergency department. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2017;119:164-169 pubmed publisher..Increased awareness and education of caregivers, patients, and medical professionals are necessary to provide optimal management. ..
- Kim A, Frantz S, Krishnan P, DeMulder D, Caridi T, Lynskey G, et al. Short-term imaging response after drug-eluting embolic trans-arterial chemoembolization delivered with the Surefire Infusion System® for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183861 pubmed publisher..No grade 3 or higher elevations in liver function tests were demonstrated in the short-term. SIS delivered DEE-TACE leads to a higher than expected initial response in patients with HCC. ..
- Rhee C, Dantes R, Epstein L, Murphy D, Seymour C, Iwashyna T, et al. Incidence and Trends of Sepsis in US Hospitals Using Clinical vs Claims Data, 2009-2014. JAMA. 2017;318:1241-1249 pubmed publisher..The findings also suggest that EHR-based clinical data provide more objective estimates than claims-based data for sepsis surveillance. ..
- Josephson C, Gonzalez Izquierdo A, Denaxas S, Fitzpatrick N, Sajobi T, Engbers J, et al. Serotonin reuptake inhibitors and mortality in epilepsy: A linked primary-care cohort study. Epilepsia. 2017;58:2002-2009 pubmed publisher..10:1 sample without epilepsy were extracted from The ClinicAl research using LInked Bespoke studies and Electronic health Records (CALIBER) resource...
- Haussen D, Doppelheuer S, Schindler K, Grossberg J, Bouslama M, Schultz M, et al. Utilization of a Smartphone Platform for Electronic Informed Consent in Acute Stroke Trials. Stroke. 2017;48:3156-3160 pubmed publisher..002). e-Consenting streamlined the consenting process in a randomized trial of patients with emergent large vessel occlusion strokes. ..