referral and consultation
Summary: The practice of sending a patient to another program or practitioner for services or advice which the referring source is not prepared to provide.
- Fuller N, Colagiuri S, Schofield D, Olson A, Shrestha R, Holzapfel C, et al. A within-trial cost-effectiveness analysis of primary care referral to a commercial provider for weight loss treatment, relative to standard care--an international randomised controlled trial. Int J Obes (Lond). 2013;37:828-34 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that it is cost effective for general practitioners (GPs) to refer overweight and obese patients to a CP, which may be better value than expending public funds on GP visits to manage this problem. ..
- Holman P, Ruud T, Grepperud S. Horizontal equity and mental health care: a study of priority ratings by clinicians and teams at outpatient clinics. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012;12:162 pubmed publisher..Improved guidelines, tutorials, training and calibration of clinicians may be utilized to improve the reliability of priority-setting. ..
- Looker H, Nyangoma S, Cromie D, Olson J, Leese G, Black M, et al. Diabetic retinopathy at diagnosis of type 2 diabetes in Scotland. Diabetologia. 2012;55:2335-42 pubmed..Most newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic patients in Scotland are screened within an acceptable interval and the prevalence of referable disease is low, even in those with delayed screening. ..
- Lucas A, Smeenk F, Smeele I, van Schayck O. Diagnostic accuracy of primary care asthma/COPD working hypotheses, a real life study. Respir Med. 2012;106:1158-63 pubmed publisher..To optimize the diagnoses in primary care, diagnostic support of an AC-service is recommended for all primary care patients with respiratory problems. ..
- Moth G, Olesen F, Vedsted P. Reasons for encounter and disease patterns in Danish primary care: changes over 16 years. Scand J Prim Health Care. 2012;30:70-5 pubmed publisher..7%). Quite small changes were seen in the patterns of reasons for encounter and diagnoses from 1993 to 2009. However, an increase was found in contacts with general practice and referrals and in the proportion of follow-ups. ..
- Dixon K, Shcherba S, Kipping R. Weight loss from three commercial providers of NHS primary care slimming on referral in North Somerset: service evaluation. J Public Health (Oxf). 2012;34:555-61 pubmed publisher..NHS slimming on referral can successfully achieve short-term weight loss. Patients attending Weight Watchers were most likely to lose weight than those attendingother providers. ..
- Tsui C, Shanmugasegaram S, Jamnik V, Wu G, Grace S. Variation in patient perceptions of healthcare provider endorsement of cardiac rehabilitation. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2012;32:192-7 pubmed publisher..Given the proven benefits of CR, all healthcare providers are recommended to universally and strongly encourage CR participation among their patients in order to optimize utilization and subsequent recovery. ..
- Jiwa M, Dhaliwal S. Referral Writer: preliminary evidence for the value of comprehensive referral letters. Qual Prim Care. 2012;20:39-45 pubmed..Comprehensive referral may help to ensure that the right patients are seen by the specialist sooner rather than later. ..
- Gonzales A, Westerberg V, Peterson T, Moseley A, Gryczynski J, Mitchell S, et al. Implementing a statewide Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) service in rural health settings: New Mexico SBIRT. Subst Abus. 2012;33:114-23 pubmed publisher..Baseline substance use behaviors among 6,360 participants eligible for brief intervention, brief treatment, or referral for treatment are examined and the process of implementation and challenges for sustainability are discussed...
- Satre D, McCance Katz E, Moreno John G, Julian K, O Sullivan P, Satterfield J. Using needs assessment to develop curricula for screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment (SBIRT) in academic and community health settings. Subst Abus. 2012;33:298-302 pubmed publisher..The authors describe their approach to integrating needs assessment results into subsequent curriculum development. Findings highlight potential differences between physician and nonphysician training needs. ..
- Lidove O, Zeller V, Chicheportiche V, Meyssonnier V, SenÃ© T, Godot S, et al. Musculoskeletal manifestations of Fabry disease: A retrospective study. Joint Bone Spine. 2016;83:421-6 pubmed publisher..These manifestations can be inaugural and lead to diagnostic wanderings. They require specific treatment strategies. ..
- Fernandes R, Freitas S, Cunha P, Alves G, Cotter J. Goodpasture's syndrome with absence of circulating anti-glomerular basement membrane antibodies: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2016;10:205 pubmed publisher..Studies have shown that early aggressive therapy leads to an improved prognosis. Physicians should consider tissue diagnoses such as bronchoscopy and kidney biopsy in pulmonary renal syndrome. ..
- Perugi G, Quaranta G, Belletti S, Casalini F, Mosti N, Toni C, et al. General medical conditions in 347 bipolar disorder patients: clinical correlates of metabolic and autoimmune-allergic diseases. J Affect Disord. 2015;170:95-103 pubmed publisher..If the link with autoimmune-allergic diathesis will be confirmed, it could provide an interesting new paradigm for the study of the "systemic" nature of mood disorders and a promising target for future treatment options. ..
- Mulu W, Abera B, Yimer M, Hailu T, Ayele H, Abate D. Bacterial agents and antibiotic resistance profiles of infections from different sites that occurred among patients at Debre Markos Referral Hospital, Ethiopia: a cross-sectional study. BMC Res Notes. 2017;10:254 pubmed publisher..Therefore, treatment of common bacterial infections in the study area needs to be guided by drug-susceptibility testing of isolates. ..
- Caruso F, Alessandri G, Cesana G, Castello G, Uccelli M, Ciccarese F, et al. Laparoscopic pancreaticoduodenectomy for tumors of the head of pancreas; 10 cases for a single center experience. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:3745-3753 pubmed..Remarkable oncological and surgical outcomes can be achieved with a morbidity and mortality rate in line with the data reported by the large series of open procedures. ..
- Turner K, Fowler K, Fonseka G, Griffin D, Ioannou D. Multicolor detection of every chromosome as a means of detecting mosaicism and nuclear organization in human embryonic nuclei. Panminerva Med. 2016;58:175-90 pubmed..In conclusion, while FISH is mostly "dead and buried" for mainstream PGS, it still has a place for basic biology studies; the development of a 24 chromosome protocol extends the power of this analysis. ..
- Schaub M, Lecointre L, Faller E, BoisramÃ© T, Baldauf J, Akladios C. Transvaginal Resection of an Infected Sacrocolpopexy Mesh by Single-Port Trocar. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2018;25:391-392 pubmed publisher..4% and, in case of infection, justifies this excision. The transvaginal use of a single-port trocar represents a good alternative, allowing easy resection of the sacrocolpopexy mesh while remaining in the retroperitoneal space. ..
- Pereira A, Victor E, Vidal Campregher P, Piovacari S, Bernardo Barban J, Pedreira W, et al. HIGH BODY MASS INDEX AMONG PATIENTS UNDERGOING HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATION: RESULTS OF A CROSS-SECTIONAL EVALUATION OF NUTRITIONAL STATUS IN A PRIVATE HOSPITAL. Nutr Hosp. 2015;32:2874-9 pubmed publisher..ConclusiÃ³n: a diferencia de otros estudios, nuestra investigaciÃ³n ha mostrado bajas tasas de tasas de bajo peso y altas tasas de sobrepeso y de obesidad en los hombres y pacientes ancianos sometidos a HSCT. ..