organization and administration
Summary: The planning and managing of programs, services, and resources.
- Wang Y, Yin T, Xu W, Qi Q, Wang X, Yang J. Reproductive outcomes in women with prior cesarean section undergoing in vitro fertilization: A retrospective case-control study. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2017;37:922-927 pubmed publisher..We should limit the number of transfer embryos to avoid multiple pregnancies and strengthen gestational supervision in patients with cesarean scar. ..
- Rihmer Z, Nemeth A, Kurimay T, Perczel Forintos D, Purebl G, Dome P. [Recognition, care and prevention of suicidal behaviour in adults]. Psychiatr Hung. 2017;32:4-40 pubmed..All members of our society (including community/political leaders as well as religious and civil organizations) have their own task with more or less competence and responsibility. ..
- Riverin B, Li P, Rourke L, Leduc D, Rourke J. Rourke Baby Record 2014: Evidence-based tool for the health of infants and children from birth to age 5. Can Fam Physician. 2015;61:949-55 pubmed..The 2014 RBR is endorsed by the Canadian Paediatric Society, the College of Family Physicians of Canada, and the Dietitians of Canada. National and Ontario versions of the RBR are available in English and French. ..
- Li X, Liu H, Feng H, Xian Z, Chen Y, Chen J, et al. Acupuncture paired with herbal medicine for prediabetes: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2017;18:297 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of acupuncture paired with herbal medicine for the treatment of patients with prediabetes. Chinese clinical trials register ChiCTR-INR-16008891 . Registered on 23 July 2016. ..
- Camolas J, Santos O, Moreira P, do Carmo I. INDIVIDUO: Results from a patient-centered lifestyle intervention for obesity surgery candidates. Obes Res Clin Pract. 2017;11:475-488 pubmed publisher..Additionally, intervention associated with perceived competence for weight-control behaviours and autonomous regulation. ..
- Kordrostami R, Akhgari M, Ameri M, Ghadipasha M, Aghakhani K. Forensic toxicology analysis of self-poisoning suicidal deaths in Tehran, Iran; trends between 2011-2015. Daru. 2017;25:15 pubmed publisher..It seems that free access to suicide means such as drugs and poisons should be restricted by national and health authorities. Not applicable. ..
- Peshin S, Gupta Y. Poisoning due to household products: A ten years retrospective analysis of telephone calls to the National Poisons Information Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India. J Forensic Leg Med. 2018;58:205-211 pubmed publisher..The results of the study highlight, an urgent need to identify high risk circumstances, common toxic products involved and implementation of prevention and awareness programmes, to achieve poisons control at home. ..
- Epiu I, Wabule A, Kambugu A, Mayanja Kizza H, Tindimwebwa J, Dubowitz G. Key bottlenecks to the provision of safe obstetric anaesthesia in low- income countries; a cross-sectional survey of 64 hospitals in Uganda. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017;17:387 pubmed publisher..These services are key components of comprehensive emergency obstetric care and anaesthetists are crucial in managing critically ill mothers and ensuring good surgical outcomes. ..
- John E, Cassidy D, Playle R, Jewell K, Cohen D, Duncan D, et al. Healthy eating and lifestyle in pregnancy (HELP): a protocol for a cluster randomised trial to evaluate the effectiveness of a weight management intervention in pregnancy. BMC Public Health. 2014;14:439 pubmed publisher..Current Controlled Trials: ISRCTN25260464 Date of registration: 16th April 2010. ..
- Gureje O, Oladeji B, Araya R, Montgomery A, Kola L, Kirmayer L, et al. Expanding care for perinatal women with depression (EXPONATE): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial of an intervention package for perinatal depression in primary care. BMC Psychiatry. 2015;15:136 pubmed publisher..Trial is registered with the ISRTCN registry at isrtcn.com; Trial number ISRCTN60041127 . Date of registration is 15/05/2013. ..
- Jeanne G, Purper Ouakil D, Rigole H, Franc N. [New patterns of substance use and abuse among French adolescents, a knowledge synthesis]. Encephale. 2017;43:346-353 pubmed publisher..Substance abuse behaviors will often disappear over time but they can also become a major problem as the adolescent moves into adulthood. If problems persist, consultation with an addiction specialist may be warranted. ..
- Amano S, Shrestha B, Chaube S, Higuchi M, Manandhar D, Osrin D, et al. Effectiveness of female community health volunteers in the detection and management of low-birth-weight in Nepal. Rural Remote Health. 2014;14:2508 pubmed..Providing additional training to and increasing supervision of local FCHVs regarding birth weight measurement will increase the identification of high-risk neonates in resource-limited settings. ..
- Karacaoglu P, Asma S, Korur A, Solmaz S, Buyukkurt N, Gereklioglu C, et al. East Mediterranean region sickle cell disease mortality trial: retrospective multicenter cohort analysis of 735 patients. Ann Hematol. 2016;95:993-1000 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of evaluating curative treatment options for patients who have an appropriate stem cell donor in addition to improving patient care and patient education. ..
- Robles R, Fresan A, Vega Ramírez H, Cruz Islas J, Rodríguez Pérez V, Domínguez Martínez T, et al. Removing transgender identity from the classification of mental disorders: a Mexican field study for ICD-11. Lancet Psychiatry. 2016;3:850-9 pubmed publisher..National Institute of Psychiatry Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Mexico. ..
- Sutcliffe C, Giebel C, Bleijlevens M, Lethin C, Stolt M, Saks K, et al. Caring for a Person With Dementia on the Margins of Long-Term Care: A Perspective on Burden From 8 European Countries. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017;18:967-973.e1 pubmed publisher..The implementation of appropriate and tailored interventions to reduce burden by supporting informal carers may enable people with dementia to remain at home for longer. ..
- Ghadipasha M, Vaghefi S, Kazemi Esfeh S, Teimoori M, Ouhadi A, Mirhosseini S. An annual analysis of clinical diagnosis versus autopsy findings in fatal motor vehicle accident in legal medicine organization of Kerman province, Iran. J Forensic Leg Med. 2015;34:164-7 pubmed publisher..All in all, data registration and strong attention to findings of clinical tests such as laceration & abrasion is firmly encouraged to estimate of financial loss in the case of patients' survival. ..
- Munabi Babigumira S, Glenton C, Lewin S, Fretheim A, Nabudere H. Factors that influence the provision of intrapartum and postnatal care by skilled birth attendants in low- and middle-income countries: a qualitative evidence synthesis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017;11:CD011558 pubmed publisher..Other factors that may play a role include the existence of teamwork and of trust, collaboration, and communication between health workers and with mothers. Skilled birth attendants reported many problems tied to all of these factors. ..
- Ramprasath V, Thandapilly S, Yang S, Abraham A, Jones P, Ames N. Effect of consuming novel foods consisting high oleic canola oil, barley Î²-glucan, and DHA on cardiovascular disease risk in humans: the CONFIDENCE (Canola Oil and Fibre with DHA Enhanced) study - protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2015;16:489 pubmed publisher..The proposed study will lead to innovation of novel food products, which may result in improvement in the overall cardiovascular health of humans. Clinical trials.gov identifier: NCT02091583 . Date of registration: 12 March 2014. ..
- Pang J, Thein T, Lye D, Leo Y. Differential clinical outcome of dengue infection among patients with and without HIV infection: a matched case-control study. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2015;92:1156-62 pubmed publisher..Hence, close monitoring of DENV-HIV patients is highly recommended as part of dengue clinical care and management. ..
- Einav S, Hick J, Hanfling D, Erstad B, Toner E, Branson R, et al. Surge capacity logistics: care of the critically ill and injured during pandemics and disasters: CHEST consensus statement. Chest. 2014;146:e17S-43S pubmed publisher..During a temporary loss of infrastructure or overwhelmed hospital resources, deployable critical care services should be considered. ..