Summary: Certification as complying with a standard set by non-governmental organizations, applied for by institutions, programs, and facilities on a voluntary basis.
Publications296 found, 100 shown here
- Medication errors observed in 36 health care facilitiesKenneth N Barker
Center for Research on Pharmacy Operations and Designs, School of Pharmacy, Auburn University, 128 Miller Hall, Auburn, AL 36849 5506, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:1897-903. 2002..Medication errors are a national concern...
- Establishment of an accreditation system for midwifery education in Afghanistan: maintaining quality during national expansionJeffrey M Smith
JHPIEGO, Bangkok, Thailand
Public Health 122:558-67. 2008..To establish a mechanism for ensuring and regulating quality of pre-service midwifery education in Afghanistan during a period of intense expansion...
- Health service accreditation as a predictor of clinical and organisational performance: a blinded, random, stratified studyJeffrey Braithwaite
University of New South Wales, Level 1 AGSM Building, Randwick, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Qual Saf Health Care 19:14-21. 2010Despite the widespread use of accreditation in many countries, and prevailing beliefs that accreditation is associated with variables contributing to clinical care and organisational outcomes, little systematic research has been ..
- The World Health Organization African region laboratory accreditation process: improving the quality of laboratory systems in the African regionGuy Michel Gershy-Damet
Regional Program on AIDS, Inter Country Support Team West Africa, World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa, Ouagadougou 03, Burkina Faso
Am J Clin Pathol 134:393-400. 2010..WHO AFRO's accreditation process is not intended to replace established ISO 15189 accreditation schemes, but rather to provide an ..
- Impact of laboratory accreditation on patient care and the health systemTrevor F Peter
Clinton Health Access Initiative, 383 Dorchester Ave, Suite 400, Boston, MA 02127, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 134:550-5. 2010b>Accreditation is emerging as a preferred framework for building quality medical laboratory systems in resource-limited settings...
- Quality of care in accredited and nonaccredited ambulatory surgical centersNir Menachemi
Center on Patient Safety, Division of Health Affairs, Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 34:546-51. 2008..Quality outcomes in ASCs accredited by either the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) or The Joint Commission were compared with those of ..
- Measurement of the general competencies of the accreditation council for graduate medical education: a systematic reviewStephen J Lurie
Office of Curriculum and Assessment, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Acad Med 84:301-9. 2009To evaluate published evidence that the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education's six general competencies can each be measured in a valid and reliable way.
- A national survey of the effect of sleep medicine specialists and American Academy of Sleep Medicine Accreditation on management of obstructive sleep apneaSairam Parthasarathy
Southern Arizona Veterans Administration Health Care System, Tucson, AZ 85723, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:133-42. 2006To study the effect of American Academy of Sleep Medicine accreditation of sleep centers and sleep-medicine certification of physicians on the management of patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- Evaluation of accreditation program in non-governmental organizations' health units in Egypt: short-term outcomesMahi Al Tehewy
Community Medicine, Healthcare Quality Unit, Ain Shams Faculty of Medicine, Abassia, 86 Asmaa Fahmy Street, Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt
Int J Qual Health Care 21:183-9. 2009To determine the effect of accreditation of non-governmental organizations' health units on patient satisfaction and provider satisfaction and the output of accreditation on compliance to some accreditation standards.
- The ambulatory long-block: an accreditation council for graduate medical education (ACGME) educational innovations project (EIP)Eric J Warm
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:921-6. 2008..Historical bias toward service-oriented inpatient graduate medical education experiences has hindered both resident education and care of patients in the ambulatory setting...
- How many cases are enough for accreditation in sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer?Elias E Sanidas
Department of Surgical Oncology, Crete University Medical School, Greece
Am J Surg 185:202-10. 2003..There is considerable argument concerning the number of sentinel node biopsy cases with axillary dissection that surgeons should perform before they are eligible on abandoning axillary dissection in negative sentinel node patients...
- The impact of Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education duty hours, the July phenomenon, and hospital teaching status on stroke outcomesAmer Alshekhlee
Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 18:232-8. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine the impact of the new Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) duty hour regulations on AIS outcomes including inhospital ..
- Clinical record keeping by general dental practitioners piloting the Denplan 'Excel' accreditation programmeR S Ireland
The University of Liverpool, Liverpool University School of Dentistry
Br Dent J 191:260-3. 2001..Clinical record keeping is one area where standards are monitored. This study reports changes in record keeping at patient recall appointments following the implementation of the Denplan Excel programme...
- The role of accreditation in an era of market-driven accountabilityL Gregory Pawlson
National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2000 L Street, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:290-3. 2005b>Accreditation has been widely used to promote accountability in healthcare...
- The impact of trauma centre accreditation on patient outcomeJames N DeBritz
Division of Orthopaedic Trauma, University of Maryland School of Medicine, R Adams Cowley Shock-Trauma Centre, 22 South Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201, United States
Injury 37:1166-71. 2006Trauma centre accreditation originated as a North American initiative in the 1970's with the aim of standardising and improving care for injured patients...
- Evaluation of the impact of the voucher and accreditation approach on improving reproductive behaviors and RH status: BangladeshUbaidur Rob
Population Council, House CES B 21, Road 118, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
BMC Public Health 11:257. 2011..Initial findings from the few assessments of reproductive health voucher-and-accreditation programs suggest that, if implemented well, these programs have great potential for achieving the policy ..
- Developing and implementing quality standards for memory services: The Memory Services National Accreditation Programme (MSNAP)Emily Doncaster
Royal College of Psychiatrists, Centre for Quality Improvement, London, UK
Aging Ment Health 15:23-33. 2011..A nationally agreed set of quality standards would help fulfil this need for UK memory services...
- The role of standards and training in preparing for accreditationSheila Woodcock
QSE Consulting, Rose Bay, Canada
Am J Clin Pathol 134:388-92. 2010..Quality management tools are being used to improve practices, with accreditation being a means to demonstrate that standards are being met...
- The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education resident duty hour new standards: history, changes, and impact on staffing of intensive care unitsStephen M Pastores
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Crit Care Med 39:2540-9. 2011The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education recently released new standards for supervision and duty hours for residency programs. These new standards, which will affect over 100,000 residents, take effect in July 2011...
- European guidelines for the accreditation of Sleep Medicine CentresDirk Pevernagie
Sleep Disorders Centre, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Gent, Belgium
J Sleep Res 15:231-8. 2006This document describes guidelines for accreditation of Sleep Medicine Centres in Europe...
- Do licensing and accreditation matter in outpatient substance abuse treatment programs?Rebecca Wells
Health Policy and Administration, University of North Carolina, 1104 F McGavran Greenberg Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7411, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 33:43-50. 2007Licensing and accreditation are widely used to improve and convey organizational quality...
- Meeting the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education competencies using established residency training program assessment toolsKaren J Brasel
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Am J Surg 188:9-12. 2004Most existing residency evaluation tools were constructed to evaluate the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) competencies.
- Quality in health care and globalization of health services: accreditation and regulatory oversight of medical tourism companiesLeigh G Turner
Center for Bioethics and School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 23:1-7. 2011..Medical tourism companies should have to undergo accreditation review. Care should be arranged only at accredited international health-care facilities...
- An analysis of the Association of Society of Chest Pain Centers Accreditation to American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction guideline adherenceAbhinav Chandra
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Ann Emerg Med 54:17-25. 2009Since 2003, the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) has provided hospital accreditation for acute coronary syndrome care processes...
- Outcome analysis of Pennsylvania trauma centers: factors predictive of nonsurvival in seriously injured patientsM D Pasquale
Department of Surgery, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA
J Trauma 50:465-72; discussion 473-4. 2001..Trauma center characteristics selected for evaluation were level of accreditation, volume of trauma admissions, presence of in-house trauma surgeons, presence of a surgical residency program, ..
- Perspectives on health promotion competencies and accreditation in EuropeArantxa Santa-María Morales
El Escorial Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Glob Health Promot 16:21-31. 2009..led by the International Union for Health Promotion and Education, in the context of developing a pan-European accreditation system...
- Community health program evaluation using accreditation as a frameworkJanet Hahn Severance
Research Department, Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Eval Health Prof 32:59-68. 2009..improve their evaluation efforts relatively easily by building on what they already know: the Joint Commission accreditation process...
- Reproductive tourism in Argentina: clinic accreditation and its implications for consumers, health professionals and policy makersElise Smith
Programmes de bioethique, Departement de Medecine sociale et preventive, Universite de Montreal, succ Centre Ville Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Dev World Bioeth 10:59-69. 2010..It is in the best interests of consumers, health professionals and policy makers that the reproductive tourism industry adopts safe and responsible medical practices...
- Distributed leadership to mobilise capacity for accreditation researchDavid Greenfield
Centre for Clinical Governance Research, University of New South Wales, Kensington, Australia
J Health Organ Manag 23:255-67. 2009..The lessons learned and principles arising from the experience of providing distributed leadership to mobilise capacity for quality and safety research when researching health care accreditation in Australia are presented.
- Coming together, moving apart: a history of the term allied health in education, accreditation, and practiceFred G Donini-Lenhoff
Department of Medical Education Products, American Medical Association, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
J Allied Health 37:45-52. 2008..medical technician/technologist, and athletic training review committees, have left the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) system to form their own, profession-specific accrediting bodies...
- Are accreditation surveys reliable?David Greenfield
Centre for Clinical Governance Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Int J Health Care Qual Assur 22:105-16. 2009The purpose of this article is to test whether healthcare accreditation survey processes are reliable.
- Benefits of participating in accreditation surveyingJudith Lancaster
Centre for Clinical Governance Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Int J Health Care Qual Assur 23:141-52. 2010This paper aims to explore how surveying benefits accreditation surveyors and the organisations in which they are regularly employed...
- National survey of the status of infection surveillance and control programs in acute care hospitals with more than 300 beds in the Republic of KoreaHyang Soon Oh
Infection Control Service, Seoul National University Hospital, Republic of Korea
Am J Infect Control 34:223-33. 2006..Annual trends analysis of ISCPs indicated that accreditation and legislation impact strongly on Korean ISCPs...
- Chest pain center accreditation is associated with better performance of centers for Medicare and Medicaid services core measures for acute myocardial infarctionMichael A Ross
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:120-4. 2008..1, 2005, to December 31, 2005, on the basis of the presence or absence of Society of Chest Pain Centers accreditation. Data were obtained from the Web sites of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (Hospital Compare), ..
- Impact of hospital accreditation on infection control programs in teaching hospitals in JapanMiho Sekimoto
Department of Healthcare Economics and Quality Management, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Infect Control 36:212-9. 2008..Hospital accreditation may have a positive impact on IC program performance...
- What predicts residency accreditation cycle length? Results of a national surveySaima I Chaudhry
Department of Medicine, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Acad Med 84:356-61. 2009..whether residency program baseline characteristics, program director characteristics, and the date of the most recent Accrediation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) site visit would affect program accreditation cycle length.
- Framing medical tourism: an examination of appeal, risk, convalescence, accreditation, and interactivity in medical tourism web sitesAlicia Mason
Department of Communication, Pittsburgh State University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 73019, USA
J Health Commun 16:163-77. 2011..The authors discuss the implications of these findings concerning the framing of medical tourism Web site content, future directions for research, and limitations...
- The effects of a randomised multi-centre trial and international accreditation on availability and quality of clinical guidelinesAnne Benedicte Juul
The Copenhagen Trial Unit, Centre for Clinical Intervention Research, Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Health Care Qual Assur Inc Leadersh Health Serv 18:321-8. 2005..diabetes care in hospital units before and after a randomised clinical trial (RCT) and international accreditation. DESIGN/METHODOLOGY/APPROACH: Interventional "before-after" study in 51 units (38 surgical and 13 ..
- Perceived stress among nursing and administration staff related to accreditationGary Elkins
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76708 7334, USA
Clin Nurs Res 19:376-86. 2010..Nurses in hospital administration and management positions may experience workplace stress, which can have important consequences on the health and well-being...
- Optimal learning environments from the perspective of resident physicians and associations with accreditation lengthCarol R Thrush
Acad Med 82:S121-5. 2007..Indicators of program quality in graduate medical education have not been thoroughly well developed or studied. This study explores resident physicians' perceptions of program quality and associations with an external quality indicator...
- Sustainable healthcare accreditation: messages from Europe in 2009Charles D Shaw
European Society for Quality in Healthcare, Limerick, Ireland
Int J Qual Health Care 22:341-50. 2010Healthcare accreditation has grown rapidly since the 1980s but critics question the value of accreditation rather than certification or inspection...
- Health sector accreditation research: a systematic reviewDavid Greenfield
Centre for Clinical Governance Research in Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney NSW 2052, Australia
Int J Qual Health Care 20:172-83. 2008The purpose of this study was to identify and analyze research into accreditation and accreditation processes.
- How can we improve the quality of health care in Japan? Learning from JCQHC hospital accreditationMasahiro Hirose
Department of Healthcare Economics and Quality Management, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida Konoe chou, Sakyou ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Health Policy 66:29-49. 2003..Then in 1995, the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC) was founded to implement the third party accreditation of hospitals...
- Results of the first 100 accreditation procedures in FranceValentin Daucourt
Comité de coordination de l évaluation clinique et de la qualité en Aquitaine, Hopital Xavier Arnozan, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Int J Qual Health Care 15:463-71. 2003..of needed improvement that were most frequently identified in the first 100 accredited hospitals by the French Accreditation College (FAC) according to the standards manual...
- States gathering momentum: promising strategies for accreditation and assessment activities in multistate learning collaborative applicant StatesGlen Mays
Center for Medicine and Public Health, Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 13:364-73. 2007Strategies for establishing a national voluntary public health agency accreditation program have been gathering momentum...
- Hospital accreditation and patient satisfaction: testing the relationshipAlbert J Heuer
Departments of Cardiopulmonary Science and Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, USA
J Healthc Qual 26:46-51. 2004..a study that examines the relationship between two principal measures of institutional healthcare quality: accreditation scores and independently measured patient-satisfaction ratings...
- Linking accreditation and public health outcomes: a logic model approachBrenda M Joly
Muskie School of Public Service, University of Southern Maine, Portland, Maine, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 13:349-56. 2007Emerging public health standards, performance assessment tools, and accreditation models hold significant promise for defining and standardizing public health practice, yet the lack of empirical research on their relationship to outcomes ..
- Hospital accreditation and the surgeon: the Canadian experienceJ A Robblee
Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Surgeon 2:321-6. 2004b>Accreditation is an internationally recognised process through which healthcare organisations are able to improve the safety and quality of services delivered to patients...
- Accreditation of undergraduate and graduate medical education: how do the standards contribute to quality?Deborah J Davis
Center for Clinical Education, Copenhagen, Denmark
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 11:305-13. 2006b>Accreditation organizations such as the Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME), the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC), and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) are charged with ..
- Accreditation of undergraduate medical training programs: practices in nine developing countries as compared with the United StatesJose Cueto
De La Salle University College of Medicine, Dasmarinas, Cavite, Philippines
Educ Health (Abingdon) 19:207-22. 2006CONTEXT AND OBJECTIVES: Undergraduate medical training program accreditation is practiced in many countries, but information from developing countries is sparse...
- Care of critically ill surgical patients using the 80-hour Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education work-week guidelines: a survey of current strategiesChad R Gordon
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Cooper University Hospital, Camden 08103, USA
Am Surg 72:497-9. 2006..The overall outcome of these new strategies still needs to be assessed before any beneficial results can be demonstrated...
- The impact of the accreditation council for graduate medical education work-hour regulations on the surgical experience of orthopaedic surgery residentsAlexander J Pappas
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73117 1026, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:904-9. 2007..to review the operative experience of orthopaedic surgery residents before and after the adoption of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education duty-hour guidelines would provide important information in this debate.
- The critical role of outcomes assessment in veterinary medical accreditationDeborah T Kochevar
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas AandM University, College Station, TX 77843-4466, USA
J Vet Med Educ 31:116-9. 2004
- A new model for accreditation of residency programs in internal medicineAllan H Goroll
Massachusetts General Hospital, Ambulatory Care Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:902-9. 2004..This paper, from the Residency Review Committee for Internal Medicine of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, proposes a new outcomes-based accreditation strategy for residency ..
- Program report cards: evaluation across multiple residency programs at one institutionRoy Phitayakorn
Department of Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Acad Med 82:608-15. 2007..In the future, the authors hope to work closely with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and/or the group on resident affairs of the Association of American ..
- Accreditation of hospitals in Lebanon: a challenging experienceW Ammar
Ministry of Public Health, Beirut, Lebanon
East Mediterr Health J 13:138-49. 2007..the impetus for change has come from the Ministry of Public Health, which has supported the development of an accreditation programme for hospitals...
- The phantom portion of the American College of Radiology (ACR) computed tomography (CT) accreditation program: practical tips, artifact examples, and pitfalls to avoidCynthia H McCollough
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Med Phys 31:2423-42. 2004The ACR CT accreditation program, begun in 2002, requires the submission of approximately 20 images, several completed data sheets and printouts of three Excel worksheets...
- Relationship between performance measurement and accreditation: implications for quality of care and patient safetyMarlene R Miller
Advisory Council on Performance Measurement for the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Department of Health and Human Services, USA
Am J Med Qual 20:239-52. 2005This study examined the association between the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) accreditation scores and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's Inpatient Quality Indicators and Patient ..
- The impact of hospital accreditation on quality of care: perception of Lebanese nursesFadi El-Jardali
Health Management and Policy Department, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Int J Qual Health Care 20:363-71. 2008In developing countries, accreditation is increasingly being used as a tool for government regulation to guarantee quality of care...
- Accreditation of the PGD laboratoryJ C Harper
UCL Centre for PG and D, Institute for Women s Health, University College London, 86 96 Chenies Mews, London WC1E 6HX, UK
Hum Reprod 25:1051-65. 2010b>Accreditation according to an internationally recognized standard is increasingly acknowledged as the single most effective route to comprehensive laboratory quality assurance, and many countries are progressively moving towards ..
- The debate over residents' work hoursRobert Steinbrook
N Engl J Med 347:1296-302. 2002
- Review of failed CT phantom image evaluations in 2005 and 2006 by the CT accreditation program of the Korean Institute for Accreditation of Medical ImageHye Jung Park
Department of Radiology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:354-63. 2008The CT accreditation program was established in 2004 by the Korean Institute for Accreditation of Medical Image (KIAMI) to confirm that there was proper quality assurance of computed tomography (CT) images...
- National Committee on Quality Assurance health-plan accreditation: predictors, correlates of performance, and market impactNancy Dean Beaulieu
Harvard Business School, Baker West 284, Soldiers Field Road, Boston, MA 02163, USA
Med Care 40:325-37. 2002b>Accreditation of health care organizations has traditionally been considered a building block of quality assurance...
- Overview of accreditation of undergraduate medical education programmes worldwideMarta van Zanten
Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Med Educ 42:930-7. 2008There is significant variation in the structure and quality of undergraduate medical education around the world. Accreditation processes can encourage institutional improvement and help promote high-quality education experiences.
- Echocardiography practice, training and accreditation in the intensive care: document for the World Interactive Network Focused on Critical Ultrasound (WINFOCUS)Susanna Price
Adult Intensive Care Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, SW36NP London, UK
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 6:49. 2008..Further, existing echocardiography accreditation does not reflect the requirements of the ICU practitioner...
- The practice accreditation and improvement survey (PAIS). What patients thinkM Greco
Research and Development Support Unit, School of Postgraduate Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
Aust Fam Physician 30:1096-100. 2001The Practice Accreditation and Improvement Survey (PAIS) is an endorsed instrument by the Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) for seeking patient views as part of the accreditation of Australian general practices.
- External quality mechanisms for health care: summary of the ExPeRT project on visitatie, accreditation, EFQM and ISO assessment in European Union countries. External Peer Review Techniques. European Foundation for Quality Management. International OrganizC D Shaw
CASPE Research, London, UK
Int J Qual Health Care 12:169-75. 2000..Although the emphasis of this project and of this issue of the Journal is on Europe, the conclusions are more widely relevant...
- Impact of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education work-hour regulations on neurosurgical resident education and productivityJay Jagannathan
Departments of Neurological Surgery, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
J Neurosurg 110:820-7. 2009..hours reduce errors and make resident life safer, few authors have specifically analyzed the effect of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) duty-hour limits on neurosurgical resident education and the ..
- Moving to global standards for accreditation processes: the ExPeRT Project in a larger context. External Peer Review TechniquesE G Heidemann
Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation
Int J Qual Health Care 12:227-30. 2000..effort to examine and compare methods of health care evaluation currently in use, includes an assessment of accreditation as one such method...
- Clinical indicators in accreditation: an effective stimulus to improve patient careB T Collopy
ACHS Care Evaluation Program 1989 1999
Int J Qual Health Care 12:211-6. 2000..Standards (ACHS) established the Care Evaluation Program (CEP) of clinical performance measures in its accreditation program to increase the clinical component of that program and to increase medical practitioner involvement in ..
- Accreditation: a cultural control strategyAndré Paccioni
Centre of Interdisciplinary Research on Rehabilitation of Greater Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Health Care Qual Assur 21:146-58. 2008The purpose of this paper is to describe and understand the effects of the accreditation process on organizational control and quality management practices in two Quebec primary-care health organizations.
- JCAHO accreditation and quality of care for acute myocardial infarctionJersey Chen
Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 22:243-54. 2003We examined the association between JCAHO accreditation of hospitals, those hospitals' quality of care, and survival among Medicare patients hospitalized for acute myocardial infarction...
- Accreditation of general practices: challenges and lessonsS A Buetow
Department of General Practice and Primary Care, School of Medicine, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Qual Saf Health Care 12:129-35. 2003To flourish, practice accreditation must meet challenges...
- The reform of the hospital accreditation system in TaiwanCathy H Y Wung
Taiwan Joint Commission on Hospital Accreditation and Quality Improvement
World Hosp Health Serv 44:14-5, 18. 2008The Taiwan Joint Commission on Hospital Accreditation and Quality Improvement (TJCHA) began to reform the hospital accreditation system in 2003 to improve health care quality with emphasis on patient-centredness and safety...
- [Practice guidelines and accreditation: highlights from 50 years of quality management by the Dutch College of General Practitioners]C J in 't Veld
Nederlands Huisartsen Genootschap, afd Implementatie, Postbus 3231, 3502 GE Utrecht
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:2916-9. 2007..The NHG practice accreditation programme is a new method for measuring and improving practice quality...
- New standards and criteria for accreditation of hospitals and posts for surgical trainingJohn P Collins
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
ANZ J Surg 78:277-81. 2008b>Accreditation of hospitals, other health-care facilities and the surgical posts involved is an important part of ensuring that trainees are working in an environment where their teaching and learning equip them with the competencies ..
- Integrating the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education general competencies into forensic pathology fellowship trainingJeffrey S Nine
Office of the Medical Investigator, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, 87131, USA
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 26:334-9. 2005....
- Report of the national survey of Urology Program Directors: attitudes and actions regarding the accreditation council for graduate medical education regulationsByron D Joyner
Urology Program, The University of Washington, Division of Pediatric Urology, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
J Urol 174:1961-8; discussion 1968. 2005Residency programs in the United States are held accountable for achieving outcomes based on the new Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) regulations for improving resident fatigue and education...
- Assessing the ACGME Competencies in Psychiatry Training programsStewart Mennin
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Acad Psychiatry 30:279-80. 2006
- Ophthalmic clinical evaluation exerciseScott E Brodie
Ophthalmology 113:1892; author reply 1892-3. 2006
- Standards for psychiatric residency training and certification: issues for institutions and program graduatesAllan Tasman
Department of Psychiatry University of Louisville School of Medicine, USA
Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 107:820-8. 2005
- National agenda for advanced practice nursing: the practice doctoratePatricia Clinton
Master s Program, University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Prof Nurs 22:7-14. 2006..Common questions and concerns that advanced practice nurses have, including titling, salary, and transitioning to the doctor of nursing practice degree, will be addressed...
- Impact of the Liaison Committee on Medical Education requirements for emergency medicine education at U.S. schools of medicineSteven A McLaughlin
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Acad Emerg Med 12:1003-9. 2005..The LCME standards for accreditation are described in the online document "Functions and Structure of a Medical School...
- Improving oversight of the graduate medical education enterprise: one institution's strategies and toolsLawrence B Afrin
Office of Graduate Medical Education, the Medical University of South Carolina MUSC, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Acad Med 81:419-25. 2006b>Accreditation organizations, financial stakeholders, legal systems, and regulatory agencies have increased the need for accountability in educational processes and curricular outcomes of graduate medical education...
- Comprehensive educational performance improvement (CEPI): an innovative competency-based assessment toolLawrence M Reich
Department of Ambulatory Care, Elmhurst Hospital Center, NY 11373, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 72:300-6. 2005..Finally, it helps train faculty members in an evidence-based approach to the curriculum...
- Proposed geriatric psychiatry core competencies for subspecialty trainingSusan J Lieff
University of Toronto, c o Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, 3560 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario M6A 2E1 Canada
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:815-21. 2005..core competencies for subspecialty training and certification in geriatric psychiatry as required by the Accreditation Council For Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)...
- Debriefing in the intensive care unit: a feedback tool to facilitate bedside teachingAlison S Clay
Critical Care Medicine, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Crit Care Med 35:738-54. 2007..To develop an assessment tool for bedside teaching in the intensive care unit (ICU) that provides feedback to residents about their performance compared with clinical best practices...
- Directed postgraduate study result in quantitative improvement in American Board of Surgery In-Training Exam scoresAhmed Mahmoud
Department of Surgery, San Joaquin General Hospital, 500 W Hospital Rd, French Camp, CA 95231, USA
Am J Surg 191:812-6. 2006..The collective study habits of 1 group of residents involved in educationally distinct periods of time in a community-based general surgery residency program were evaluated...
- The research rotation: competency-based structured and novel approach to research training of internal medicine residentsBalavenkatesh Kanna
Department of Internal Medicine, Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, New York, USA
BMC Med Educ 6:52. 2006In the United States, the Accreditation Council of graduate medical education (ACGME) requires all accredited Internal medicine residency training programs to facilitate resident scholarly activities...
- Training in perioperative echocardiographyKathryn E Glas
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 19:640-4. 2006..This article will review the issues presented to date, how they have been addressed, and what options could be arriving in the future...
- Why inpatient psychiatry training still matters (now more than ever)Sabina Lim
Yale University School of Medicine, Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:266-9. 2007
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education competencies: practice-based learning and systems-based practiceEric J Moskowitz
Department of Health Policy, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Am J Med Qual 22:351-82. 2007
- A two-tiered quality management program: Morbidity and Mortality conference data applied to resident educationMarilyn A Folcik
Department of Surgery, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT 06102, USA
Conn Med 71:471-8. 2007..Resident and attending surgeon surveys demonstrated the new format to be effective in addressing all six ACGME competencies...
- Competency-based resident educationBradley F Marple
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9035, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 40:1215-25, vi-vii. 2007..This article is a brief overview of current efforts to achieve this goal...
- National efforts to reform residency education in surgeryAjit K Sachdeva
Division of Education, American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Acad Med 82:1200-10. 2007..The authors examine the current state of residency education in surgery and explore efforts underway to reform this educational model...
- Preparing the personal physician for practice: changing family medicine residency training to enable new model practiceLarry A Green
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Acad Med 82:1220-7. 2007..The innovations tested by P4 residencies are expected to inspire substantial changes in the content, structure, and locations of training of family physicians and to guide future revisions in accreditation and certification requirements.
- New program requirements for diagnostic radiology: update and discussion of the more complex requirementsE Stephen Amis
Department of Radiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, 111 East 210th St, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:2-4. 2008
- Implementing a structured oral examination into a residency program: getting startedMichael N Wiggins
Jones Eye Institute, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock 72205 7199, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 39:40-8. 2008..To describe the steps involved in implementing a structured oral examination into a residency program..
- Quality and quantity: gauging the effects of the new ACGME program requirements for inpatient psychiatric educationArt Walaszek
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison WI 53719, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:261-5. 2007
- Assessing retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy experience in United States urological residency programsWilliam T Lowrance
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Urol 178:500-3; discussion 503. 2007..Surgical experience is important for the mastery of operative procedures. We evaluated the current United States urological surgical resident training in performing retroperitoneal lymph node dissection...
- Competency-based postgraduate training: can we bridge the gap between theory and clinical practice?Olle ten Cate
Center for Research and Development of Education, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Acad Med 82:542-7. 2007..Residents may then be awarded responsibility for EPAs. This can serve to move toward competency-based training, in which a flexible length of training is possible and the outcome of training becomes more important than its length...
- Occupational Safety and Health Training and Education GrantFaye Grimsley; Fiscal Year: 2007..The program was established in 1980 and accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) in 1998...
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: Expression of RHD in the Fetus?Pirooz Eghtesady; Fiscal Year: 2010..In 2007, CCHMC was awarded full accreditation by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs confirming the strength and ..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMJohn Blake; Fiscal Year: 2005..We are also addressing accreditation requirements set by AAALAC International because we anticipate applying for program status evaluation once the ..
- IMPROVING ANIMAL RESOURCES FOR BIOMEDICAL RESEARCHSylvia Kondo; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Institution is committed to achieving re- accreditation through the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, International (AAALAC)...
- Work Hour Regulation for Physician Trainees: Educational and Clinical OutcomesKevin G Volpp; Fiscal Year: 2010Regulation of work hours for physicians in training was put in place by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) in 2003, long after similar regulations were implemented in trucking, aviation, and in other ..
- Facial Expression During PainMAMOONA ARIF; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Health Organizations (JCAHO) require that pain be assessed in "all patients" and it be considered the "..
- HOSPICE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM FOR THE SCHOOL OF MEDICINEDouglas Ross; Fiscal Year: 2007..will be done within the framework of the six core competencies for residency education specified by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) "Outcomes Project...
- Facial Expression During PainMAMOONA ARIF; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Health Organizations (JCAHO) require that pain be assessed in "all patients" and it be considered the "..
- Human Subjects Research Enhancements ProgramJames Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2003..of interest reporting, to establish data-driven performance improvement standards guided by regulatory, accreditation and best-practice criteria, and to share the educational materials already developed with IRBs in the Houston ..
- Impact of resident work hour rules on errors and qualityKevin Volpp; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by the applicant): The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) released rules effective July 1, 2003 that affected duty hours for all ACGME-accredited residency programs in all specialties...
- Developing and Improving Fox Chase's Animal ResourcesHARRY ROZMIAREK; Fiscal Year: 2005..excellent quality animal care and support to research investigators for many years, and has enjoyed Full Accreditation by the Association for the Assessment and Accreditation for Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC) ..
- The 7th International Conference on Pain & Chemical DependencyRussell Portenoy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Beth Israel Medical Center (BIMC) and St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and will certify The 7th International Conference on Pain &..
- Development and Improvement of an Animal Resource CoreDale Bredesen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifically, the vivarium will provide an Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) accredited facility, exceeding all state and federal regulations, to ..
- Infusing Science and Research into the Dental School Curriculum at OHSURONALD SAKAGUCHI; Fiscal Year: 2007..We are committed to having these changes in place by our next accreditation site visit in 2009...
- The Computer Assisted Brief Intervention for Tobacco (CABIT)Edwin Boudreaux; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Medicare Services); (2) enable healthcare provider counseling to be more time-..
- Embracing the PBRN Model to Improve the Medication Use ProcessEarlene Lipowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..to provide faculty development for all full-time and part-time practice based preceptors in accord with new accreditation standards adopted for 2007...
- Predictors of Agitation in the Critically IIIRUTH BURK; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), support measures ..