Summary: Certification as complying with a standard set by non-governmental organizations, applied for by institutions, programs, and facilities on a voluntary basis.
Publications348 found, 100 shown here
- Health service accreditation as a predictor of clinical and organisational performance: a blinded, random, stratified studyJeffrey Braithwaite
University of New South Wales, Level 1 AGSM Building, Randwick, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Qual Saf Health Care 19:14-21. 2010Despite the widespread use of accreditation in many countries, and prevailing beliefs that accreditation is associated with variables contributing to clinical care and organisational outcomes, little systematic research has been ..
- Impact of accreditation on the quality of healthcare services: a systematic review of the literatureAbdullah Alkhenizan
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ann Saudi Med 31:407-16. 2011b>Accreditation is usually a voluntary program in which trained external peer reviewers evaluate a healthcare organization's compliance and compare it with pre-established performance standards...
- Medication errors observed in 36 health care facilitiesKenneth N Barker
Center for Research on Pharmacy Operations and Designs, School of Pharmacy, Auburn University, 128 Miller Hall, Auburn, AL 36849 5506, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:1897-903. 2002..Medication errors are a national concern...
- Measurement of the general competencies of the accreditation council for graduate medical education: a systematic reviewStephen J Lurie
Office of Curriculum and Assessment, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Acad Med 84:301-9. 2009To evaluate published evidence that the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education's six general competencies can each be measured in a valid and reliable way.
- Health sector accreditation research: a systematic reviewDavid Greenfield
Centre for Clinical Governance Research in Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney NSW 2052, Australia
Int J Qual Health Care 20:172-83. 2008The purpose of this study was to identify and analyze research into accreditation and accreditation processes.
- Accreditation and quality assurance for Radiation Therapy Oncology Group: Multicenter clinical trials using Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy in lung cancerRobert Timmerman
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9183, USA
Acta Oncol 45:779-86. 2006..selection, method of dosimetry construction, equipment requirements, motion assessments and control, site accreditation, data exchange, and follow-up policies were worked out by compromise and consensus...
- ISO 15189 accreditation: Requirements for quality and competence of medical laboratories, experience of a laboratory IOmer Guzel
Centro Laboratuvarlari, Gursel Mahallesi, Kagithane Caddesi, 14 3 Kagithane, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Biochem 42:274-8. 2009..Quality of laboratory service is the major factor which directly affects the quality of health care. The clinical laboratory as a whole has to provide the best patient care promoting excellence...
- Evaluation of the impact of the voucher and accreditation approach on improving reproductive health behaviors and status in KenyaCharlotte Warren
Population Council, General Accident Insurance House, Ralph Bunche Road, PO Box 17643, Nairobi 00500, Kenya
BMC Public Health 11:177. 2011..Population Council, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, intends to generate evidence around the 'voucher and accreditation' approaches to improving the reproductive health of low income women in Kenya.
- Accreditation and ISO certification: do they explain differences in quality management in European hospitals?Charles Shaw
European Society for Quality in Healthcare, Limerick, Ireland
Int J Qual Health Care 22:445-51. 2010Hospital accreditation and International Standardisation Organisation (ISO) certification offer alternative mechanisms for improving safety and quality, or as a mark of achievement...
- Establishment of an accreditation system for midwifery education in Afghanistan: maintaining quality during national expansionJeffrey M Smith
JHPIEGO, Bangkok, Thailand
Public Health 122:558-67. 2008..To establish a mechanism for ensuring and regulating quality of pre-service midwifery education in Afghanistan during a period of intense expansion...
- Introducing health facility accreditation in LiberiaEmily C Cleveland
Clinton Health Access Initiative, Boston, MA, USA
Glob Public Health 6:271-82. 2011In recent years, dozens of countries have introduced accreditation and other quality improvement initiatives...
- Competency-based medical education in postgraduate medical educationWilliam F Iobst
American Board of Internal Medicine, USA
Med Teach 32:651-6. 2010....
- Primary Medical Care Provider Accreditation (PMCPA): pilot evaluationStephen M Campbell
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester
Br J Gen Pract 60:295-304. 2010While practice-level or team accreditation is not new to primary care in the UK and there are organisational indicators in the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) organisational domain, there is no universal system of accreditation of ..
- The ACR's Mammography Accreditation Program: ten years of experience since MQSAJudy M Destouet
J Am Coll Radiol 2:585-94. 2005The ACR's Mammography Accreditation Program has been helping facilities improve the quality of mammography through peer review and professional feedback since 1987...
- Approaches to quality management and accreditation in a genetic testing laboratorySarah Berwouts
Biomedical Quality Assurance Research Unit, Department of Human Genetics, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Hum Genet 18:S1-19. 2010..compliance with International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 15189, the international standard for the accreditation of medical laboratories, is becoming progressively accepted as the optimal approach to assuring quality in ..
- Accreditation of general practices: challenges and lessonsS A Buetow
Department of General Practice and Primary Care, School of Medicine, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Qual Saf Health Care 12:129-35. 2003To flourish, practice accreditation must meet challenges...
- Health services accreditation: what is the evidence that the benefits justify the costs?Virginia Mumford
Centre for Clinical Governance Research, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Int J Qual Health Care 25:606-20. 2013To identify and analyse research on the use of economic evaluation in health services accreditation.
- A stakeholder approach towards hospital accreditation in IndiaS Nandraj
Centre for Enquiry into Health and Allied Themes (CEHAT, Mumbai, India
Health Policy Plan 16:70-9. 2001b>Accreditation has been recommended as a mechanism for assuring the quality of private sector health services in low-income countries, especially where regulatory systems are weak...
- Interprofessional education accreditation standards in the USA: a comparative analysisJoseph Zorek
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX, USA
J Interprof Care 27:123-30. 2013..To assess the accreditation mandate for IPE in the USA, content analysis of IPE-related accreditation statements for all practice-level ..
- Profiling health-care accreditation organizations: an international surveyCharles D Shaw
Centre for Clinical Governance Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, 2052 Sydney, New South Wales
Int J Qual Health Care 25:222-31. 2013To describe global patterns among health-care accreditation organizations (AOs) and to identify determinants of sustainability and opportunities for improvement.
- Quality in health care and globalization of health services: accreditation and regulatory oversight of medical tourism companiesLeigh G Turner
Center for Bioethics and School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 23:1-7. 2011..Medical tourism companies should have to undergo accreditation review. Care should be arranged only at accredited international health-care facilities...
- Building a bridge to accreditation--the role of the National Public Health Performance Standards ProgramLiza C Corso
Office of Chief of Public Health Practice, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 13:374-7. 2007
- A national survey of the effect of sleep medicine specialists and American Academy of Sleep Medicine Accreditation on management of obstructive sleep apneaSairam Parthasarathy
Southern Arizona Veterans Administration Health Care System, Tucson, AZ 85723, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:133-42. 2006To study the effect of American Academy of Sleep Medicine accreditation of sleep centers and sleep-medicine certification of physicians on the management of patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- Are accreditation surveys reliable?David Greenfield
Centre for Clinical Governance Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Int J Health Care Qual Assur 22:105-16. 2009The purpose of this article is to test whether healthcare accreditation survey processes are reliable.
- The World Health Organization African region laboratory accreditation process: improving the quality of laboratory systems in the African regionGuy Michel Gershy-Damet
Regional Program on AIDS, Inter Country Support Team West Africa, World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa, Ouagadougou 03, Burkina Faso
Am J Clin Pathol 134:393-400. 2010..WHO AFRO's accreditation process is not intended to replace established ISO 15189 accreditation schemes, but rather to provide an ..
- General competencies and accreditation in graduate medical educationPaul Batalden
Center for the Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Dartmouth Medical School, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 21:103-11. 2002..Concluding that further educational process specification was inadequate, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) decided to specify six general competencies of graduate medical ..
- Graduate medical education in ophthalmology: moving from the apprenticeship model to competency-based educationAndrew G Lee
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1290-1. 2008
- The impact of hospital accreditation on quality of care: perception of Lebanese nursesFadi El-Jardali
Health Management and Policy Department, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Int J Qual Health Care 20:363-71. 2008In developing countries, accreditation is increasingly being used as a tool for government regulation to guarantee quality of care...
- An analysis of the Association of Society of Chest Pain Centers Accreditation to American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction guideline adherenceAbhinav Chandra
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Ann Emerg Med 54:17-25. 2009Since 2003, the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) has provided hospital accreditation for acute coronary syndrome care processes...
- Distributed leadership to mobilise capacity for accreditation researchDavid Greenfield
Centre for Clinical Governance Research, University of New South Wales, Kensington, Australia
J Health Organ Manag 23:255-67. 2009..The lessons learned and principles arising from the experience of providing distributed leadership to mobilise capacity for quality and safety research when researching health care accreditation in Australia are presented.
- Framing medical tourism: an examination of appeal, risk, convalescence, accreditation, and interactivity in medical tourism web sitesAlicia Mason
Department of Communication, Pittsburgh State University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 73019, USA
J Health Commun 16:163-77. 2011..The authors discuss the implications of these findings concerning the framing of medical tourism Web site content, future directions for research, and limitations...
- The high price of quality: a cost analysis of NCQA accreditationGary J Mihalik
The Mihalik Group, Chicago, IL, USA
J Health Care Finance 29:38-47. 2003..We are witnessing a market-based demand for accreditation as a guarantee of acceptable quality in health services...
- [Practice guidelines and accreditation: highlights from 50 years of quality management by the Dutch College of General Practitioners]C J in 't Veld
Nederlands Huisartsen Genootschap, afd Implementatie, Postbus 3231, 3502 GE Utrecht
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:2916-9. 2007..The NHG practice accreditation programme is a new method for measuring and improving practice quality...
- The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education's limits on residents' work hours and patient safety. A study of resident experiences and perceptions before and after hours reductionsReshma Jagsi
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5010, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:493-500. 2008..We sought to assess the impact of Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education resident work hour limits implemented on July 1, 2003, on resident ..
- Involving consumers in accreditation: the Irish experienceElaine O'Connor
Health Information and Quality Authority, Project Office, Regus House, Regus Centre, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Ireland
Int J Qual Health Care 19:296-300. 2007Following the 2004 review of the Acute Care Accreditation Scheme, the Irish Health Services Accreditation Board (IHSAB) decided to increase the level of consumer involvement in the accreditation process by including consumers as members ..
- Linking agency accreditation to workforce credentialing: a few steps along a difficult pathEdward L Baker
North Carolina Institute for Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Public Health, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 13:430-1. 2007
- Effects of a twenty-four hour call period on resident performance during simulated endoscopic sinus surgery in an accreditation council for graduate medical education-compliant training programDavid M Jakubowicz
Division of Otolaryngology, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Laryngoscope 115:143-6. 2005..No previous studies have examined resident performance under current Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) work-hour guidelines that limit residents to an average number ..
- Conceptualizing performance in accreditationPernelle A Smits
Program in Public Health, University of Montreal, Faculty of Medicine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Qual Health Care 20:47-52. 2008To compare the conceptualization of performance underlying different accreditation manuals.
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education competencies: practice-based learning and systems-based practiceEric J Moskowitz
Department of Health Policy, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Am J Med Qual 22:351-82. 2007
- Accreditation of hospitals in Lebanon: a challenging experienceW Ammar
Ministry of Public Health, Beirut, Lebanon
East Mediterr Health J 13:138-49. 2007..the impetus for change has come from the Ministry of Public Health, which has supported the development of an accreditation programme for hospitals...
- Evaluating accreditationCharles D Shaw
Int J Qual Health Care 15:455-6. 2003
- Revising accreditation processes and standards to address current challenges in dental educationLisa A Tedesco
Emory University, 550 Asbury Circle, 200 Candler Library, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Dent Educ 72:46-50. 2008
- Four years of accreditation council of graduate medical education duty hour regulations: have they made a difference?David C Shonka
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Laryngoscope 119:635-9. 2009Measure compliance with the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) residents' work hour regulations and evaluate their impact on patient care and residents' performance on the Otolaryngology Training Examination (OTE).
- [Introduction of interdisciplinary prostate cancer centers based on the recommendations of the German Cancer Society. A cost-benefit analysis 3 years after accreditation]S Weikert
Klinik für Urologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Deutschland
Urologe A 50:1083-8. 2011..Short-term improvements in quality of care cannot be unequivocally demonstrated. Prostate cancer centers serve an important role in counseling and medical education and may thus help disseminate evidence-based treatment strategies...
- Public health department accreditation: setting the research agendaWilliam J Riley
Division of Health Policy and Management, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Am J Prev Med 42:263-71. 2012Health department accreditation is one of the most important initiatives in the field of public health today...
- Surgical residents' perceptions of 2011 Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education duty hour regulationsBrian C Drolet
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
JAMA Surg 148:427-33. 2013In 2010, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) proposed increased regulation of work hours and supervision for residents...
- An empirical test of short notice surveys in two accreditation programmesDavid Greenfield
University of New South Wales, Kensington, NSW 2052, Australia
Int J Qual Health Care 24:65-71. 2012To evaluate short notice surveys in accreditation programmes.
- [Preanalytical phase and accreditation: acceptance criteria for samples of multisite laboratory]Pascale Dialma
SELAS HB et CF, Paris, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 71:121-8. 2013..We observed that most of the analytes (35 of 41) were stable in whole blood; however, some of them demonstrated instability over time. All these results were integrated into our collection manual...
- Comparison of health service accreditation programs in low- and middle-income countries with those in higher income countries: a cross-sectional studyJeffrey Braithwaite
Faculty of Medicine, Centre for Clinical Governance Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Int J Qual Health Care 24:568-77. 2012The study aim was twofold: to investigate and describe the organizational attributes of accreditation programmes in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) to determine how or to what extent these differ from those in higher-income ..
- Diagnostic reference levels from the ACR CT Accreditation ProgramCynthia McCollough
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 8:795-803. 2011The aim of this study was to assess the distribution of CT dose index (CTDI) values reported by sites undergoing ACR CT accreditation between 2002 and 2004.
- Evaluation of the impact of the voucher and accreditation approach on improving reproductive behaviors and status in CambodiaBenjamin Bellows
Population Council, General Accident House, Ralph Bunche Road, PO Box17643 00500, Nairobi, Kenya
BMC Public Health 11:667. 2011..However, there is a paucity of evidence describing how these programs function in different settings for various reproductive health services...
- Healthcare accreditation systems: further perspectives on performance measuresEbrahim Jaafaripooyan
School of Management, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Int J Qual Health Care 23:645-56. 2011The purpose of this paper is to identify and suggest a number of performance measures to facilitate the evaluation of accreditation programs in healthcare.
- The ACGME Milestone Project in ophthalmologyAndrew G Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 58:359-69. 2013The ACGME is moving towards the next generation of accreditation in the USA called the Next Accreditation System (NAS)...
- Effectiveness and efficiency of a practice accreditation program on cardiovascular risk management in primary care: study protocol of a clustered randomized trialElvira Nouwens
Scientific Institute for Quality of Healthcare IQ Healthcare, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101 Geert Grooteplein 21, 114 IQ Healthcare, Nijmegen, HB 6500, The Netherlands
Implement Sci 7:94. 2012..b>Accreditation of healthcare organizations has been introduced across the world with a range of aims, including the ..
- Increased rate of complications on a neurological surgery service after implementation of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education work-hour restrictionTravis M Dumont
Division of Neurosurgery, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
J Neurosurg 116:483-6. 2012The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education instituted mandatory 80-hour work-week limitations in July 2003...
- Handoffs in the era of duty hours reform: a focused review and strategy to address changes in the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Common Program RequirementsChristopher M Derienzo
Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Duke University Hospital, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Acad Med 87:403-10. 2012With changes in the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Common Program Requirements related to transitions in care effective July 1, 2011, sponsoring institutions and training programs must develop a common ..
- Q-tracks: a College of American Pathologists program of continuous laboratory monitoring and longitudinal trackingRichard J Zarbo
Department of Pathology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Mich 48202, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:1036-44. 2002....
- The standard of healthcare accreditation standards: a review of empirical research underpinning their development and impactDavid Greenfield
Centre for Clinical Governance Research, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales 2052, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 12:329. 2012Healthcare accreditation standards are advocated as an important means of improving clinical practice and organisational performance...
- Global standards and accreditation in medical education: a view from the WFMEHans Karle
World Federation for Medical Education, Denmark
Acad Med 81:S43-8. 2006..This situation accentuates the need to define standards and introduce effective and transparent accreditation systems...
- Accreditation of education institutes by the American College of Surgeons: a new program folowing an old traditionCarlos A Pellegrini
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Bull Am Coll Surg 91:8-12. 2006
- Association of risky alcohol consumption and accreditation in the 'Good Sports' alcohol management programmeBosco Rowland
School of Psychology, Deakin University, 22 Burwood Highway, Victoria, Australia
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:684-90. 2012....
- Enabling quality improvement within primary healthcare through the CCHSA accreditation programWendy Nicklin
Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation
Healthc Pap 8:48-53; discussion 64-7. 2008..The Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation (CCHSA) is an enabler to change and is committed to contributing to the strengthening of primary healthcare...
- Public health department accreditation implementation: transforming public health department performanceWilliam J Riley
School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Am J Public Health 102:237-42. 2012In response to a call for improved quality and consistency in public health departments, the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) is leading a voluntary public health accreditation initiative in the United States...
- The state of evaluation in internal medicine residencySaima I Chaudhry
Department of Medicine and Office of Graduate Medical Education, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1010-5. 2008There are no nationwide data on the methods residency programs are using to assess trainee competence. The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) has recommended tools that programs can use to evaluate their ..
- Virtual colonoscopy training and accreditation: a national survey of radiologist experience and attitudes in the UKD Burling
St Mark s Hospital, Harrow, Middlesex, UK
Clin Radiol 62:651-9. 2007Expert consensus recommends directed training and possibly in the future, formal accreditation before independent virtual colonoscopy (VC) reporting...
- Laboratory accreditation in Thailand: a systemic approachNaiyana Wattanasri
Medical Technology Council of Thailand, The Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty the King s 80th Birthday Anniversary 5th December, B E 2550 2007 120 Moo 3 Chaengwattana Rd, Lak Si District, Bangkok 10210 Thailand
Am J Clin Pathol 134:534-40. 2010..International accreditation can increase recognition of laboratory quality, but it is difficult to reach for many laboratories, especially ..
- Volume and accreditation, but not specialty, affect quality standards in colonoscopyA Bhangu
Department of General Surgery, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, Heart of England NHS Trust, Bordesley Green East, Birmingham B9 5SS, UK
Br J Surg 99:1436-44. 2012..There are known variations in colonoscopic performance, and investigation of factors causing this is needed. This study aimed to analyse the impact of endoscopist specialty and procedural volume on the quality of colonoscopy...
- A step-by-step approach to curriculum reviewNancy C Davenport
Ball State University, School of Nursing, 2000 University Ave, Muncie IN 47306, USA
Nurse Educ 34:181-5. 2009..The authors describe how using a master curriculum review plan actively involved all full-time undergraduate faculty in the evaluation process and facilitated completion of the review in a reasonable time frame...
- Residents' perspectives on the learning environment: data from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education resident surveyKathleen D Holt
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, Illinois 60654, USA
Acad Med 85:512-8. 2010Residents' assessment of their learning environment is an important element of residency accreditation and a strong predictor of resident satisfaction...
- Review of the first 50 cases completed by the RACR mammography QA programme: phantom image quality, processor control and dose considerationsD McLean
School of Medical Radiation Technology, University of Sydney, Lidcombe, Australia
Australas Radiol 41:387-91. 1997..These initial results for the accreditation process probably reflect an initial period of adjustment, as seen by the high pass rate achieved by centres ..
- FELASA guidelines for the accreditation of health monitoring programs and testing laboratories involved in health monitoringWerner Nicklas
German Society for Laboratory Animal Science, Germany
Lab Anim (NY) 39:43-8. 2010..In this article, the authors (who are members of the FELASA working group Accreditation Board for Health Monitoring) describe the guidelines of the FELASA health monitoring accreditation process...
- How good is the ACR accreditation phantom for assessing image quality in digital mammography?Walter Huda
Department of Radiology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Acad Radiol 9:764-72. 2002The purpose of this study was to evaluate the American College of Radiology (ACR) accreditation phantom for assessing image quality in digital mammography.
- Quality improvement and accreditation: what might it look like?Kaye Bender
Public Health Accreditation Board, Alexandria, Virginia 22314, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 16:79-82. 2010Following the 2006 release of the Exploring Accreditation Project report on the desirability and feasibility of establishing a national voluntary public health accreditation program, the Public Health Accreditation Board was established...
- Development of an accreditation program for Point of Care Testing (PoCT) in general practiceRosy Tirimacco
Integrated Cardiovascular Clinical Network, Country Health South Australia, Mark Oliphant Building, Science Park, Bedford Park, SA 5042, Australia
Aust Health Rev 35:230-4. 2011To describe the development and evaluation of an accreditation program for Point of Care Testing (PoCT) in general practice, which was part of the PoCT in general practice (GP) Trial conducted in 2005-07 and funded by the Australian ..
- Accreditation of medical laboratories in Croatia--experiences of the Institute of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital "Merkur", ZagrebZlata Flegar-Meštrić
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Merkur, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 34:181-6. 2010..15189, Medical laboratories--Particular requirements for quality and competence) was established and accepted, accreditation has become practical, generally accepted method of quality management and confirmation of technical competence ..
- The impact of Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education duty hours, the July phenomenon, and hospital teaching status on stroke outcomesAmer Alshekhlee
Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 18:232-8. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine the impact of the new Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) duty hour regulations on AIS outcomes including inhospital ..
- How many cases are enough for accreditation in sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer?Elias E Sanidas
Department of Surgical Oncology, Crete University Medical School, Greece
Am J Surg 185:202-10. 2003..There is considerable argument concerning the number of sentinel node biopsy cases with axillary dissection that surgeons should perform before they are eligible on abandoning axillary dissection in negative sentinel node patients...
- Developing and implementing quality standards for memory services: The Memory Services National Accreditation Programme (MSNAP)Emily Doncaster
Royal College of Psychiatrists, Centre for Quality Improvement, London, UK
Aging Ment Health 15:23-33. 2011..A nationally agreed set of quality standards would help fulfil this need for UK memory services...
- The role of standards and training in preparing for accreditationSheila Woodcock
QSE Consulting, Rose Bay, Canada
Am J Clin Pathol 134:388-92. 2010..Quality management tools are being used to improve practices, with accreditation being a means to demonstrate that standards are being met...
- Evaluation of the impact of the voucher and accreditation approach on improving reproductive behaviors and RH status: BangladeshUbaidur Rob
Population Council, House CES B 21, Road 118, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
BMC Public Health 11:257. 2011..Initial findings from the few assessments of reproductive health voucher-and-accreditation programs suggest that, if implemented well, these programs have great potential for achieving the policy ..
- Clinical record keeping by general dental practitioners piloting the Denplan 'Excel' accreditation programmeR S Ireland
The University of Liverpool, Liverpool University School of Dentistry
Br Dent J 191:260-3. 2001..Clinical record keeping is one area where standards are monitored. This study reports changes in record keeping at patient recall appointments following the implementation of the Denplan Excel programme...
- The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education resident duty hour new standards: history, changes, and impact on staffing of intensive care unitsStephen M Pastores
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Crit Care Med 39:2540-9. 2011The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education recently released new standards for supervision and duty hours for residency programs. These new standards, which will affect over 100,000 residents, take effect in July 2011...
- European guidelines for the accreditation of Sleep Medicine CentresDirk Pevernagie
Sleep Disorders Centre, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Gent, Belgium
J Sleep Res 15:231-8. 2006This document describes guidelines for accreditation of Sleep Medicine Centres in Europe...
- Reproductive tourism in Argentina: clinic accreditation and its implications for consumers, health professionals and policy makersElise Smith
Programmes de bioethique, Departement de Medecine sociale et preventive, Universite de Montreal, succ Centre Ville Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Dev World Bioeth 10:59-69. 2010..It is in the best interests of consumers, health professionals and policy makers that the reproductive tourism industry adopts safe and responsible medical practices...
- Meeting the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education competencies using established residency training program assessment toolsKaren J Brasel
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Am J Surg 188:9-12. 2004Most existing residency evaluation tools were constructed to evaluate the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) competencies.
- Do licensing and accreditation matter in outpatient substance abuse treatment programs?Rebecca Wells
Health Policy and Administration, University of North Carolina, 1104 F McGavran Greenberg Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7411, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 33:43-50. 2007Licensing and accreditation are widely used to improve and convey organizational quality...
- Perspectives on health promotion competencies and accreditation in EuropeArantxa Santa-María Morales
El Escorial Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Glob Health Promot 16:21-31. 2009..led by the International Union for Health Promotion and Education, in the context of developing a pan-European accreditation system...
- Outcome analysis of Pennsylvania trauma centers: factors predictive of nonsurvival in seriously injured patientsM D Pasquale
Department of Surgery, Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA
J Trauma 50:465-72; discussion 473-4. 2001..Trauma center characteristics selected for evaluation were level of accreditation, volume of trauma admissions, presence of in-house trauma surgeons, presence of a surgical residency program, ..
- Community health program evaluation using accreditation as a frameworkJanet Hahn Severance
Research Department, Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Eval Health Prof 32:59-68. 2009..improve their evaluation efforts relatively easily by building on what they already know: the Joint Commission accreditation process...
- What predicts residency accreditation cycle length? Results of a national surveySaima I Chaudhry
Department of Medicine, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Acad Med 84:356-61. 2009..whether residency program baseline characteristics, program director characteristics, and the date of the most recent Accrediation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) site visit would affect program accreditation cycle length.
- Optimal learning environments from the perspective of resident physicians and associations with accreditation lengthCarol R Thrush
Acad Med 82:S121-5. 2007..Indicators of program quality in graduate medical education have not been thoroughly well developed or studied. This study explores resident physicians' perceptions of program quality and associations with an external quality indicator...
- Chest pain center accreditation is associated with better performance of centers for Medicare and Medicaid services core measures for acute myocardial infarctionMichael A Ross
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:120-4. 2008..1, 2005, to December 31, 2005, on the basis of the presence or absence of Society of Chest Pain Centers accreditation. Data were obtained from the Web sites of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (Hospital Compare), ..
- Impact of hospital accreditation on infection control programs in teaching hospitals in JapanMiho Sekimoto
Department of Healthcare Economics and Quality Management, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Infect Control 36:212-9. 2008..Hospital accreditation may have a positive impact on IC program performance...
- Should we have confidence if a physician is accredited? A study of the relative impacts of accreditation and insurance payments on quality of care in the PhilippinesStella A Quimbo
University of the Philippines, Economics, Quezon City, Philippines
Soc Sci Med 67:505-10. 2008It is unclear whether health provider accreditation ensures or promotes quality of care...
- The effects of a randomised multi-centre trial and international accreditation on availability and quality of clinical guidelinesAnne Benedicte Juul
The Copenhagen Trial Unit, Centre for Clinical Intervention Research, Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Health Care Qual Assur Inc Leadersh Health Serv 18:321-8. 2005To examine the availability and quality of clinical guidelines on perioperative diabetes care in hospital units before and after a randomised clinical trial (RCT) and international accreditation.
- The role of accreditation in an era of market-driven accountabilityL Gregory Pawlson
National Committee for Quality Assurance, 2000 L Street, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:290-3. 2005b>Accreditation has been widely used to promote accountability in healthcare...
- The ambulatory long-block: an accreditation council for graduate medical education (ACGME) educational innovations project (EIP)Eric J Warm
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:921-6. 2008..Historical bias toward service-oriented inpatient graduate medical education experiences has hindered both resident education and care of patients in the ambulatory setting...
- Sustainable healthcare accreditation: messages from Europe in 2009Charles D Shaw
European Society for Quality in Healthcare, Limerick, Ireland
Int J Qual Health Care 22:341-50. 2010Healthcare accreditation has grown rapidly since the 1980s but critics question the value of accreditation rather than certification or inspection...
- Benefits of participating in accreditation surveyingJudith Lancaster
Centre for Clinical Governance Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Int J Health Care Qual Assur 23:141-52. 2010This paper aims to explore how surveying benefits accreditation surveyors and the organisations in which they are regularly employed...
- Perceived stress among nursing and administration staff related to accreditationGary Elkins
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76708 7334, USA
Clin Nurs Res 19:376-86. 2010..Nurses in hospital administration and management positions may experience workplace stress, which can have important consequences on the health and well-being...
- National survey of the status of infection surveillance and control programs in acute care hospitals with more than 300 beds in the Republic of KoreaHyang Soon Oh
Infection Control Service, Seoul National University Hospital, Republic of Korea
Am J Infect Control 34:223-33. 2006..This study was conducted to assess the status of infection surveillance and control programs (ISCPs) and to analyze the trends associated with ISCP implementation since the first program was established in Korea in 1991...
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: Expression of RHD in the Fetus?Pirooz Eghtesady; Fiscal Year: 2013..In 2007, CCHMC was awarded full accreditation by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs confirming the strength and ..
- Improving Air Quality for Laboratory Animal ResearchSharron S Quisenberry; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Iowa State University proposes to bring up to accreditation standards the under-designed HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning) system in 12,697 net square feet (21,162 gross square feet) ..
- Improving substance abuse counseling adherence using web-based videoconferencingVan L King; Fiscal Year: 2010..be the first to evaluate the efficacy of using one of these accredited (by Joint Commission and Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) web-based platforms (eGetgoingTM, CRC Health Group, Inc...
- University of Maryland, Baltimore Biomarker Reference LaboratorySanford A Stass; Fiscal Year: 2013..broad knowledge, experience, expertise and provides a wide range of core pathology laboratories with CLIA/CAP accreditation including immunohistochemistry, clinical chemistry, molecular diagnostics, flow cytometry, cytogenetics, and a ..
- IMPROVING ANIMAL RESOURCES FOR BIOMEDICAL RESEARCHSylvia Kondo; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Institution is committed to achieving re- accreditation through the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, International (AAALAC)...
- Meharry Occupational Medicine Residency Training ProgramSangita Chakrabarty; Fiscal Year: 2010..provided by applicant): This program will support two trainees per year in a three-year, competency-based, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited institutional program leading to completion of ..
- An open-source public domain health risk assessment for use in primary careJoseph J Sudano; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, the 2009 National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) release of their accreditation requirements for health plans, preferred provider organizations, managed care organizations and health and ..
- An Animal Biosafety Level 3 Laboratory for Stony Brook UniversitySamuel L Stanley; Fiscal Year: 2010..of federal and state laws, and the standards recommended by the Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care. An administrative management team consisting of a PI (Dr. Samuel L...
- Multi-Center Trial of Limiting PGY2&3 Resident Work Hours on Patient Safety-CCCCHRISTOPHER PAUL LANDRIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In response, beginning in July 2011, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) will limit PGY1 residents to no more than 16 consecutive work ..
- Improving the Capability of Maryland State Public Health Food Testing LaboratoryPRINCE A KASSIM; Fiscal Year: 2013..the Nation's preparedness is the lack of a comprehensive nationally harmonized State-based food testing accreditation capability and capacity needed to identify, screen, and monitor chemical and microbiological contamination of ..
- HLA Chip Product for FDA 510K ApprovalKRISHNA JAYARAMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Kamala Balakrishnan, former Chair of the ASHI Accreditation Committee, and past President of ASHI...
- Portable Instrument for Chemifluorescent Detection of Lead in DustJOAN STADER; Fiscal Year: 2011..calibration capability, (2) Develop a robust standard protocol for use of the device to enable application for accreditation, (3) Perform process analysis on lead remediation operational parameters and evaluate customer needs for the ..
- Training Healthcare Professionals to Implement Biopsychosocial ScreeningMATTHEW JOSEPH LOSCALZO; Fiscal Year: 2013..been endorsed by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), the Institute of Medicine (IOM) and new accreditation standards from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the American College of Surgeons (ACS) ..
- 11th International Congress of NeuroimmunologySamia J Khoury; Fiscal Year: 2012..be requested to cover the costs associated with the administration of disclosure information and the overall accreditation process, which will ensure all congress presentations are balanced and free of bias for the participants...
- Occupational Safety and Health Training Project GrantCarrie A Redlich; Fiscal Year: 2013..The program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and is currently approved for a total of four positions, two ..
- Development of a Laboratory Quality Management System for Food Testing to Meet thJACK R MORGAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..of this grant is to prepare primary service laboratories to achieve and maintain ISO/IEC 17025:2005 laboratory accreditation by a recognized accrediting authority...
- Polaris Oncology Survivor Transition (POST) SystemERIN LEE O'HEA; Fiscal Year: 2013..new standards published by American College of Surgeons (ACS) require evidence of survivorship planning for accreditation beginning in 2015...
- An Internet-Based Evaluation System for Postacute Acquired Brain InjuryTHOMAS F contact MURPHY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Methods for program evaluation are required by the Committee on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) resulting in a large number of "home-grown" measures of limited ..
- Radiation exposure during imaging and shared decision makingLeslee J Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2012..Track #3 entitled National Standards for Dose Reduction - Continuous Quality Initiatives, Accreditation, and Healthcare Coverage Decisions...
- Cagewash Renovation for Safety &Long-Term Research Support at The Salk InstituteJON DAVID REUTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Funds will allow us to reallocate recharge resources to continue refurbishing older units and maintain IACUC compliance and AAALAC accreditation standards.
- Food Safety and Security Monitoring Project (U18), FERNAbul Anisuzzaman; Fiscal Year: 2013..in various national and international Proficiency Testing (PT) programs as well as ISO-17025:2005 laboratory accreditation related activities...
- Effective Communication Network Structures for Hospital Infection PreventionPavani Rangachari; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition to the public at large, study results would be directly beneficial to a variety of stakeholders, including healthcare managers &professionals, accreditation agencies, policy makers, and health service researchers.
- Achieving a Nationally Integrated Food Safety System: ISO/IEC 17025 AccreditatiJason C White; Fiscal Year: 2013Achieving a Nationally Integrated Food Safety System: ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station (CAES) Project Summary- The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station (CAES) Department of Analytical ..
- Renovation of UCHC's Center for Laboratory Animal Care Core FacilitiesMARC E LALANDE; Fiscal Year: 2010..To maintain a high level of animal care, assure continued Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) accreditation, manage additional species for new investigators, and enhance ..
- University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Animal Resource Facility ImprovemKEVIN C O'HAIR; Fiscal Year: 2012..awarded Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC);improve animal care compliance;and sustain AAALAC accreditation which HSC have continued since 1973...
- Institutional Training for PediatriciansGeorge J Dover; Fiscal Year: 2012..In 2006 the Pediatric residency program was awarded continued accreditation by the Residency Review Committee for Pediatrics of the ACGME...
- Meharry Occupational Medicine Residency Training ProgramSangita Chakrabarty; Fiscal Year: 2013Abstract: This program will support three trainees per year in a competency-based, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited institutional program leading to completion of physician residency requirements ..
- A Tool for Supporting and Monitoring Decision Making in ADHDBarbara Howard; Fiscal Year: 2013..Another product of this proposal is making CHADIS the first system for pediatric care that collects both patient data and clinician responses thus providing automated documentation of care for QI accreditation.
- Modeling Professional Attitudes and Teaching Humanistic Communication in VRFREDERICK WILLIAM KRON; Fiscal Year: 2013..the Phase I "Breaking Bad News" design into a more comprehensive training experience that addresses additional Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) core competencies...
- Urologic Oncology Research Training GrantPeter T Scardino; Fiscal Year: 2013..T32 candidates must have an MD, must have completed training in urology at a residency program approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and must be board-eligible urologists...
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation for Texas Food Testing LaboratoryElizabeth Delamater; Fiscal Year: 2013Texas Department of State Health Services ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation for Texas Food Testing Laboratory RFA-FD-12-008, FDA Catalog of Federal Assistance Number: 93...
- IMPROVE DISCHARGE INSTRUCTION THROUGH AUTOMATED PICTOGRAPH ENHANCEMENTQing Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2011..Such instructions are required as core measures to meet accreditation and public reporting requirements by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the Joint Commission ..
- CBT/Anxiety Training for Psychology &PsychiatryCheryl N Carmin; Fiscal Year: 2012..well as requirements to provide training in ESTs and/or cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) have become a part of accreditation guidelines for these professional groups. A recent survey (Weissman et al...
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation for State Food Testing Laboratories (U18)BONNIE SUE MOON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cooperative Agreement Proposal Research &Related PHS398 Project Summary/Abstract Title: ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation for State Food Testing Laboratories (U18) Number: RFA-FD-12-008 ..
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation for State Food Testing LaboratoriesStephanie K Mayfield Gibson; Fiscal Year: 2013..of Laboratory Services (DLS) at the Kentucky Department for Public Health is to expand the scope of current accreditation for additional areas within the laboratory to include Food Microbiology and Food Chemistry analyses...
- ISO 17025 Laboratory Accreditation Expansion and Enhancement: Minnesota DepartmenGary Horvath; Fiscal Year: 2013..Services Division is seeking funding under FDA funding opportunity RFA-FD-12-008, "ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation for State Food Testing Laboratories (U18)...
- Combined Undergraduate and Graduate Training ProgramROGER C JENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both programs are accreditatied by the Applied Science Accreditation Commission of ABET and have similar required courses...
- HIV DART: Frontiers in Drug Development for Antiretroviral TherapiesRAYMOND FELIX SCHINAZI; Fiscal Year: 2013..It will include scientific presentations in both oral and poster presentation formats. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) accredited program will provide ample time for formal and ..
- Alaska Environmental Health Laboratory Acquiring ISO/IEC 17025:2005 AccreditationPATRYCE MCKINNEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..The purpose of this project is to improve service to FDA and to our food analysis clients, and to become better stewards of State resources through ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation.
- A Cognitive Behavioral Chronic Pain WorkbookKelly M Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2010..by several national organizations, including the American Pain Society and the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations...
- FDA FERN Laboratory Accreditation Project Grant(FDA-FLAP Grant)BRENDA SNODGRASS; Fiscal Year: 2012..The ODAFF will use federal grant funds from the Food &Drug Administration (FDA) to obtain accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 "General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories" in ..
- Annual Conference on Vaccine ResearchMARLA DALTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..NFID is an accredited provider for continuing medical education (CME) by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). !
- National Infrastructure for Translating Addiction Research into Clinical PracticeJeffrey H Samet; Fiscal Year: 2012..faculty and staff with technical and financial assistance needed to create a successful application to the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME);and 3) Disseminate curricula and related products and recruit ..
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 ACCREDITATION FOR STATE FOOD TESTING LABORATORIES (U18) GRANTYAMIR ROSA; Fiscal Year: 2013ISO/IEC 17025:2005 ACCREDITATION FOR STATE FOOD TESTING LABORATORIES (U18) GRANT PROPOSAL Project Summary This grant proposal from the Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) is in response to a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) from ..
- North Carolina ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation for State Food Testing LaboratoriAUDREY W PILKINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2013North Carolina Department of Agriculture &Consumer Services April 2012 Proposal for "ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation for State Food Testing Laboratories" (U18) RFA-FD-12-008 Project Summary The North Carolina Department of ..
- Designing for Patient Safety: Developing methods to integrate patient safety concAnjali Joseph; Fiscal Year: 2011..findings from this conference into the Guidelines as well as the study guides for the Evidence-Based Design Accreditation and Certification Program (EDAC) of The Center for Health Design...
- Seventh National Conference on Quality Health Care for Culturally Diverse PopulatDENNIS PAUL ANDRULIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..is to bring together leading voices engaged in the major changes occurring in policy, standards, and accreditation with health care professionals at the local, state and national levels committed to improving cultural ..
- Medical Physics Training Grant for Image-Guided Therapy ResearchEdward F Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2010..individuals, only 11 graduate programs in medical physics are presently accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Graduate Programs in Medical Physics (CAMPEP), and only 8 of those programs are in the U.S...
- Occupational Health Education and Research CenterJacqueline Agnew; Fiscal Year: 2013..The excellence of the OEM and OEH programs has been recognized through accreditation by their respective accrediting bodies...
- Building an Integrated Laboratory System to Advance the Safety of Food and AnimalShari Shea; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific objectives of the work include: management of support programs to facilitate ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation of member laboratories;establishment of equivalency between federal, state, and local food and feed testing ..
- FERN Microbiological Cooperative Agreement Program in TexasGRACE KUBIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have extensive quality management systems in place, and are exploring obtaining ISO 17025 accreditation. The laboratory has experience in method development and validation of food testing protocols...
- The Hospital Discharge Summary's Impact on Sub-Acute Care Patient OutcomesAMY JO HAAVISTO KIND; Fiscal Year: 2012..implications for transitional care interventions, development of quality measures and creation of patient care guidelines, and will provide essential information to heath systems, accreditation authorities and clinicians alike.
- Improvement of Mouse Housing InfrastructureDavid G Skalnik; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent inspections by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) noted deficiencies in the SARC facilities that were structural in nature ..
- FDA Vet-LRN Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory ProgramTimothy Baszler; Fiscal Year: 2013..being fully accredited by the American ##" Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians laboratory accreditation program...
- Maintaining and enhancing accreditation at the Florida Bureau of Food LaboratorieMaria Ishida; Fiscal Year: 2013..of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DACS), Division of Food Safety, Bureau of Food Laboratories achieved accreditation in 2007, and maintains A2LA accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 for the specific tests listed in A2LA ..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMJohn Blake; Fiscal Year: 2005..We are also addressing accreditation requirements set by AAALAC International because we anticipate applying for program status evaluation once the ..
- National Primate Research CenterTHOMAS ALLAN BAILLIE; Fiscal Year: 2011..Institute for Laboratory Animal Resources (ILAR) recommendations, and the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, International (AAALAC) accreditation standards for NHPs...
- SPECIFIC PATHOGEN FREE MACAQUE BREEDING PROGRAMM Izard; Fiscal Year: 1999..behavioral, reproductive, genealogical and biographic data on all animals; to secure and maintain AAALAC accreditation; to continue to provide a centralized facility for compiling and analyzing demographic data from all NIH SPF ..
- The International Workshop on HIV Persistence During TherapyMario Stevenson; Fiscal Year: 2013..As in previous years, abstract selection will be extremely rigorous. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)-accredited program will provide ample time for formal and ..
- Movable Equipment for DDB Animal FacilityMARVIN MICHAEL SWINDLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..with review and oversight from the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and continuous full accreditation from AAALAC-International since 1987...
- Evaluation of Salmonella Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Pets: Study for Vet-LRN ProJing Cui; Fiscal Year: 2012..Operating Procedures (SOP), Proficiency Testing (PT) results, letters of collaboration, certificate of AAVLD accreditation, and a summary of past achievements are provided along with the project narrative to showcase the laboratory&..
- Advancing Research in Health LiteracyMichael Paasche-Orlow; Fiscal Year: 2013..Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, American Medical Association, and Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospital Organizations among others...
- Vermont Department of Health Laboratory ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation of Food TestiMARY CELOTTI; Fiscal Year: 2012..The Vermont Department of Health Laboratory (VDHL) is applying for funding to obtain ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation. Funding is being sought to expand the VDHL quality system management, information management and testing ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A SPF PIGTAIL MACAQUE BREEDING COLONYROBERT DRUILHET; Fiscal Year: 2000..involved; to maximize containment and control of the SPF breeder complex; to continue to maintain AAALAC accreditation; to maintain computerized historical and demographic data on the colony and its members; and to provide ..
- REMODELING RESEARCH ANIMAL ROOMSDONALD MAUL; Fiscal Year: 1990..aim of this animal resource improvement proposal is to continue the University's progress toward AAALAC accreditation. The University is 80-85% complete in renovation of all lab animal facilities but some are outdated and must ..
- CONFERENCE: EFFECTIVENESS/OUTCOMES-HEALTH CARE SERVICESKAREN O CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 1990..of AHCPR with activities currently underway at Health Care Financing Administration, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, National Library of Medicine, National Center for Nursing Research and Division ..
- EQUIPMENT REQUESTDONALD MAUL; Fiscal Year: 1991..of this animal resource improvement proposal is to allow the University to oontinue progress toward AAALAC accreditation which is progressing well with the help of two recent renovation grants from NIH...
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESNOEL LEHNER; Fiscal Year: 1991..and to comply with and maintain the standards of the federal Animal Welfare Law, the American Association for Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, and Public Health Service policy...
- Facial Expression During PainMAMOONA ARIF; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Health Organizations (JCAHO) require that pain be assessed in "all patients" and it be considered the "..
- IMPROVING UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY ANIMAL RESOURCESLEONARD PETERS; Fiscal Year: 1990..The goals are to maintain Medical Center accreditation, to obtain AAALAC accreditation for all animal related campus facilities, and to ensure that all laboratory ..
- Human Subjects Research Enhancements ProgramJames Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2003..of interest reporting, to establish data-driven performance improvement standards guided by regulatory, accreditation and best-practice criteria, and to share the educational materials already developed with IRBs in the Houston ..
- IMPROVING THE INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCES FACILITYBERNADETTE DUNHAM; Fiscal Year: 1990..to meet the legal requirements for proper care of laboratory animals but to be able to apply for and receive accreditation by the American Association for Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC)...
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESGEORGE BJOTVEDT; Fiscal Year: 1991..equipment, coupled with a Division of Research Resources grant of $127,000 provided the means by which the accreditation application went forward...
- Developing and Improving Fox Chase's Animal ResourcesHARRY ROZMIAREK; Fiscal Year: 2005..excellent quality animal care and support to research investigators for many years, and has enjoyed Full Accreditation by the Association for the Assessment and Accreditation for Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC) ..
- ANIMAL ROOM VENTILLATION AND CEILING IMPROVEMENTSCharles Henry; Fiscal Year: 1992..The most recent American Association for the Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) inspection of the facility (November 11, 12, 1991) cited several ..
- Impact of resident work hour rules on errors and qualityKevin Volpp; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by the applicant): The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) released rules effective July 1, 2003 that affected duty hours for all ACGME-accredited residency programs in all specialties...
- ANIMAL RESOURCES IMPROVEMENTHAROLD FARRIS; Fiscal Year: 1991..Clemson University to ensure compliance with PHS policies, the amended Animal Welfare Act and to gain AAALAC accreditation. Specific aims of the planned renovation are: 1...
- Development and Improvement of an Animal Resource CoreDale Bredesen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifically, the vivarium will provide an Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) accredited facility, exceeding all state and federal regulations, to ..
- The 7th International Conference on Pain & Chemical DependencyRussell Portenoy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Beth Israel Medical Center (BIMC) and St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and will certify The 7th International Conference on Pain &..
- COMPUTERS IN CARDIOLOGY CONFERENCE, 1992Susan Blanchard; Fiscal Year: 1992..The conference is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians...
- The Computer Assisted Brief Intervention for Tobacco (CABIT)Edwin Boudreaux; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Medicare Services); (2) enable healthcare provider counseling to be more time-..
- Generating, Evaluating, and Implementing Evidence for Drug-Drug Interactions in HDaniel Malone; Fiscal Year: 2009..care providers;3) Those responsible for salient policy and guidelines, standards, payment, regulation, and accreditation;4) Organizations responsible for delivering care;and 5) industry, such as developers of DDI compendia, ..
- EQUIPMENT REQUEST-CAGE BEDDING & PRIMATE CAGESDONALD MAUL; Fiscal Year: 1992..of this animal resource improvement proposal is to allow the University to continue progress toward AAALAC accreditation. This proposal addresses the next project required to continue to upgrade the animal care program as we move ..
- Verbal Orders Policies, Perceptions, and OccurrencesDOUGLAS WAKEFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2009..These inherent dangers have been recognized by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO), the National Quality Forum (NQF) and others...
- Predictors of Agitation in the Critically IIIRUTH BURK; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), and Centers for Medicare &Medicaid Services (CMS), support measures ..
- Embracing the PBRN Model to Improve the Medication Use ProcessEarlene Lipowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..to provide faculty development for all full-time and part-time practice based preceptors in accord with new accreditation standards adopted for 2007...