health services administration
Summary: The organization and administration of health services dedicated to the delivery of health care.
- Iosa F, Mazzotta M, Renzini V, Dal Maso M. [The role of the hospital social work in the integration of health and social services. Survey on the social work at "Policlinico Umberto I Hospital"]. Ann Ig. 2010;22:447-56 pubmed
- Mohle B. Focus on good governance in Queensland Health. Qld Nurse. 2008;27:5 pubmed
- Gabel S. Perspective: physician leaders and their bases of power: common and disparate elements. Acad Med. 2012;87:221-5 pubmed publisher..Examples are provided of the types and uses of power that may be applied in the various leadership roles that physicians hold. ..
- Naghipour M, Nakagomi T, Nakagomi O. Issues with reducing the rotavirus-associated mortality by vaccination in developing countries. Vaccine. 2008;26:3236-41 pubmed publisher..Studies are therefore encouraged to develop comprehensive strategies to resolve inequity in health delivery system enabling the increase in the immunization coverage. ..
- Becerril Montekio V, López Dávila L. [The health system of Guatemala]. Salud Publica Mex. 2011;53 Suppl 2:s197-208 pubmed
- Muiser J, Sáenz M, Bermúdez J. [The health system of Nicaragua]. Salud Publica Mex. 2011;53 Suppl 2:s233-42 pubmed
- Alcalde Rabanal J, Lazo González O, Nigenda G. [The health system of Peru]. Salud Publica Mex. 2011;53 Suppl 2:s243-54 pubmed..The main challenge confronted by the Peruvian health system is the extension of coverage to more than I0% of the population presently lacking access to basic health care. ..
- Ichiho H, Demei Y, Kuartei S, Aitaoto N. An assessment of non-communicable diseases, diabetes, and related risk factors in the Republic of Palau: a systems perspective. Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2013;72:98-105 pubmed..Other findings show significant gaps in the system of administrative, clinical, and support services to address these NCD. Priority issues and needs for the administrative and clinical systems were identified. ..
- Labonte R. Health Systems Governance for health equity: critical reflections. Rev Salud Publica (Bogota). 2010;12 Suppl 1:62-76 pubmed
- van Walraven C, Austin P. Administrative database research has unique characteristics that can risk biased results. J Clin Epidemiol. 2012;65:126-31 pubmed publisher..This article reviewed these five issues as they pertain to administrative database research to help maximize the utility of these studies for both readers and writers. ..
- Junqueira T, Cotta R, Gomes R, Silveira S, Siqueira Batista R, Pinheiro T, et al. [Labor relations under decentralized health management and dilemmas in the relationship between work expansion and casualization in the Brazilian Unified National Health System]. Cad Saude Publica. 2010;26:918-28 pubmed..The findings confirm gaps in the workers' political and social rights. Paradoxically, the government itself, through the municipal administration, is responsible for failing to comply with the prevailing labor legislation. ..
- van der Reis L, Xiao Q, Savage G. A retrospective on access to health care. Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2007;20:494-505 pubmed..However, the access issue still remains a basic and important problem we have to confront. ..
- Beck Nielsen H, Henriksen J. [Type 2 diabetes in Denmark]. Ugeskr Laeger. 2012;174:2132-8 pubmed..A new flow chart for the organisation of T2D has been formulated giving the general practitioners the role as co-ordinators. ..
- Nabyonga Orem J, Bataringaya Wavamunno J, Bakeera S, Criel B. Do guidelines influence the implementation of health programs?--Uganda's experience. Implement Sci. 2012;7:98 pubmed publisher..Countries should establish and enforce systems and guidance on guideline development. ..
- Ting S, Kwok S, Tsang A, Lee W. Critical elements and lessons learnt from the implementation of an RFID-enabled healthcare management system in a medical organization. J Med Syst. 2011;35:657-69 pubmed publisher..All the experiences and results discussed in this paper offer valuable and useful insights to steer those who would like to start their journey using RFID in medical organizations. ..
- Moore D. 'Workers', 'clients' and the struggle over needs: understanding encounters between service providers and injecting drug users in an Australian city. Soc Sci Med. 2009;68:1161-8 pubmed publisher..I conclude by considering the implications of my analysis for the future development of drug policy and practice. ..
- Borghi J, Maluka S, Kuwawenaruwa A, Makawia S, Tantau J, Mtei G, et al. Promoting universal financial protection: a case study of new management of community health insurance in Tanzania. Health Res Policy Syst. 2013;11:21 pubmed publisher..However, effects will be maximised if legal frameworks can be harmonised early on and a reduction in administrative costs is not guaranteed. ..
- Ichiho H, Anson R, KELLER E, Lippwe K, Aitaoto N. An assessment of non-communicable diseases, diabetes, and related risk factors in the Federated States of Micronesia, State of Pohnpei: a systems perspective. Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2013;72:49-56 pubmed..Based on some of the findings, priority issues and problems that need to be addressed for the administrative and clinical systems are identified. ..
- Milevska Kostova N, Chichevalieva S, Ponce N, van Ginneken E, Winkelmann J. The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Health System Review. Health Syst Transit. 2017;19:1-160 pubmed..Future challenges include sustainable planning and management of human resources as well as enhancing quality and efficiency of care through reform of hospital financing and organization. ..
- Martins N, Hawkins Z. Striving for better health through health research in post-conflict Timor-Leste. Health Res Policy Syst. 2012;10:13 pubmed publisher..We discuss the development of this initiative to build health research capacity within the context of Timor-Leste's health system, history and future goals. ..
- Berkenbosch L, Schoenmaker S, Ahern S, Søjnæs C, Snell L, Scherpbier A, et al. Medical residents' perceptions of their competencies and training needs in health care management: an international comparison. BMC Med Educ. 2013;13:25 pubmed publisher..The adoption of the CanMEDS framework alone seems to be insufficient in meeting residents' perceived educational needs in this area. ..
- Ichiho H, GILLAN J, Aitaoto N. An assessment of non-communicable diseases, diabetes, and related risk factors in the Territory of Guam: a systems perspective. Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2013;72:68-76 pubmed..Based on these findings, priority issues and needs were identified for the administrative and clinical systems. ..
- Sa avu M, Duke T, Matai S. Improving paediatric and neonatal care in rural district hospitals in the highlands of Papua New Guinea: a quality improvement approach. Paediatr Int Child Health. 2014;34:75-83 pubmed publisher..Establishing better oxygen supplies with a systems approach can be a vehicle for addressing other areas of quality and safety in district hospitals. ..
- Jun G, Morris Z, Eldabi T, Harper P, Naseer A, Patel B, et al. Development of modelling method selection tool for health services management: from problem structuring methods to modelling and simulation methods. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011;11:108 pubmed publisher..In summary, we believe the tool adds value to the scarce existing literature on methods comparison and selection. ..
- Evans M. NCHL, GE tag team execs. Management, training programs focus of the deal. Mod Healthc. 2007;37:12 pubmed
- Bursztyn I, Kushnir R, Giovanella L, Stolkiner A, Sterman Heimann L, Riveros M, et al. [Notes for studying primary care within the context of segmented health systems]. Rev Salud Publica (Bogota). 2010;12 Suppl 1:77-88 pubmed..Governance analysis revealed state-society relationships and is thus proposed as a tool for understanding such dimensions? dynamic relationships. ..
- Fottler M, Lee J. The State of Doctoral Education in Health Administration and Policy revisited. J Health Adm Educ. 2007;24:183-5 pubmed
- McAlearney A. Using leadership development programs to improve quality and efficiency in healthcare. J Healthc Manag. 2008;53:319-31; discussion 331-2 pubmed
- Calhoun J, Vincent E, Calhoun G, Brandsen L. Why competencies in graduate health management and policy education?. J Health Adm Educ. 2008;25:17-35 pubmed
- McIntosh B, Sheppy B, Cohen I. Illusion or delusion--Lean management in the health sector. Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2014;27:482-92 pubmed
- Akco S, Dagli T, Inanici M, Kaynak H, Oral R, Sahin F, et al. Child abuse and neglect in Turkey: professional, governmental and non-governmental achievements in improving the national child protection system. Paediatr Int Child Health. 2013;33:301-9 pubmed publisher..These ground-breaking developments in the last decade give promise of even further improvement in the national child protection system from investigative, child protective and rehabilitative perspectives. ..
- Tarricone R. Setting the scene: the challenges of universal health coverage and the contribution of management education. Value Health. 2013;16:S4-6 pubmed publisher..Education can substantially contribute to anticipate the impact of global forces by but an endeavor is needed to design programs and measures performances differently. ..
- Nakanjako D, Colebunders R, Coutinho A, Kamya M. Strategies to optimize HIV treatment outcomes in resource-limited settings. AIDS Rev. 2009;11:179-89 pubmed
- Bjork D. Regulation of executive compensation at nonprofit health care organizations: coming changes?. Inquiry. 2010;47:7-16 pubmed
- Attree P, Morris S, Payne S, Vaughan S, Hinder S. Exploring the influence of service user involvement on health and social care services for cancer. Health Expect. 2011;14:48-58 pubmed publisher..The provision of dedicated resources to strengthen service user involvement activities is also vital. ..
- Jakobsson L, Holmberg L. Individual personal relations: effects on service quality. Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2011;24:430-40 pubmed..The supposed need for technical information may also be an excuse for nurses to avoid more sensitive issues. Better quality of care involves changing patient perceptions and attitudes to what constitutes nursing competence. ..
- Stoskopf C, Xirasagar S, Han W, Snowdon S. Exporting doctoral education: experience of a state-supported university. J Health Adm Educ. 2007;24:301-19 pubmed..Our experience is that there are many challenges, but it is also rewarding from academic, scholarly, and financial perspectives. ..
- Swindells M, de Lusignan S. Lessons from the English National Programme for IT about structure, process and utility. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2012;174:17-22 pubmed..Learning the lessons from the UK and other large system deployments might enable other countries to leap to the forefront of health care computing. ..
- Penazzato M, Davies M, Apollo T, Negussie E, Ford N. Task shifting for the delivery of pediatric antiretroviral treatment: a systematic review. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2014;65:414-22 pubmed publisher..Specialist care will remain important for management of sick patients and complicated cases. Further qualitative research is needed to inform optimal implementation of task shifting for pediatric patients. ..
- Dowling M. It's our job. Industry leaders need to lead a sea change in care. Mod Healthc. 2008;38:21 pubmed
- McLaughlin N. Looking back on 2007. Mod Healthc. 2007;37:26-9 pubmed
- Norheim O. Ethical priority setting for universal health coverage: challenges in deciding upon fair distribution of health services. BMC Med. 2016;14:75 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, countries need to agree on criteria and establish transparent and fair priority setting processes. ..
- O Quinn M, Mulqueen K. "reCreate Jackson": a turnaround tale. Healthc Financ Manage. 2007;61:82-6, 88 pubmed..Optimize care delivery. Establish a lean infrastructure and support expense. Create effective management. Achieve a balance in clinical delivery and academic missions. Ensure appropriate supply and service expense. ..
- Helene L, Pedrazzani E, Martins C, Vieira C, Pereira A. [Health services organization on the elimination of Leprosy in municipalities of São Paulo State]. Rev Bras Enferm. 2008;61 Spec No:744-52 pubmed..The physical incapacity prevention actions, health education and active search have not been satisfactorily developed. The most qualified professionals are in the reference units and teamwork is fragile. ..
- Sambrook S. Critical pedagogy in a health service management development programme: can "critically thinking" managers change the NHS management culture?. J Health Organ Manag. 2009;23:656-71 pubmed..However, the limitations of such a small-scale study and ethical implications are noted. ..