health planning guidelines
Summary: Recommendations for directing health planning functions and policies. These may be mandated by PL93-641 and issued by the Department of Health and Human Services for use by state and local planning agencies.
- Li Y, Ueng K, Jeng J, Charng M, Lin T, Chien K, et al. 2017 Taiwan lipid guidelines for high risk patients. J Formos Med Assoc. 2017;116:217-248 pubmed publisher..The major purpose is to improve clinical outcomes of these high risk patients through the control of hyperlipidemia. ..
- Schwasinger Schmidt T, Macaluso M. Other Antidepressants. Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Use of these unique medications allows clinicians to target specific symptoms and comorbidities often associated with depression resulting in improved symptom resolution and long-term maintenance of remission. ..
- Terziyski K, Draganova A. Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne-Stokes Breathing in Heart Failure - From Research to Clinical Practice and Beyond. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2018;1067:327-351 pubmed publisher..BPAP (bilevel device) remains an option only when there is no adequate response to previous modes of treatment. Acetazolamide and theophylline are options only after failing the above modalities and if accompanied by a close follow-up. ..
- Sentilhes L, SÃ©nat M, Boulogne A, Deneux Tharaux C, Fuchs F, Legendre G, et al. [Shoulder dystocia: Guidelines for clinical practice--Short text]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2015;44:1303-10 pubmed publisher..A training program using simulation for the management of shoulder dystocia is encouraged for the initial and continuing formation of different actors in the delivery room (professional consensus). ..
- Tyler C, Reeve T, Hodges G, Cheung S. The Effects of Heat Adaptation on Physiology, Perception and Exercise Performance in the Heat: A Meta-Analysis. Sports Med. 2016;46:1699-1724 pubmed publisher..Large methodological differences in the HA literature mean that there is still uncertainty regarding the magnitude and time course of potential adaptation for a number of physiological and perceptual variables. ..
- Chang C, Ortiz K, Ansari A, Gershwin M. The Zika outbreak of the 21st century. J Autoimmun. 2016;68:1-13 pubmed publisher..So far the most effective public health measures include controlling the mosquito populations via insecticides and preventing humans from direct exposure to mosquitoes. ..
- Herzer G, Mirth C, Illievich U, Voelckel W, Trimmel H. Analgosedation of adult patients with elevated intracranial pressure : Survey of current clinical practice in Austria. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2018;130:45-53 pubmed publisher..7%). Of the ICUs 46.2% do not carry out delirium monitoring. We found good general compliance with the recommendations of the current S3 guidelines. Room for improvement exists in monitoring and the use of scores to detect delirium. ..
- Fogarty M, Osborn D, Askie L, Seidler A, Hunter K, Lui K, et al. Delayed vs early umbilical cord clamping for preterm infants: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018;218:1-18 pubmed publisher..Analyses of individual patient data in these and other randomized controlled trials will be critically important in reliably evaluating important secondary outcomes. ..
- Corbett S, Shmorgun D, Claman P. The prevention of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2014;36:1024-1033 pubmed publisher..La tenue dâ€™une culdocentÃ¨se en clinique externe devrait Ãªtre envisagÃ©e pour la prÃ©vention de lâ€™Ã©volution de la maladie, en prÃ©sence dâ€™un syndrome dâ€™hyperstimulation ovarienne grave. (II-2B). ..
- Rust P, Ekmekcioglu C. Impact of Salt Intake on the Pathogenesis and Treatment of Hypertension. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;956:61-84 pubmed publisher..7 g/day) should be increased and alcohol consumption limited. In addition, regular physical activity (endurance, dynamic resistance, and isometric resistance training) is very important. ..
- Wang X, Liu D, Zhang H, Long Y, Guan X, Qiu H, et al. [Experts consensus on the management of the right heart function in critically ill patients]. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi. 2017;56:962-973 pubmed publisher..Consensus can promote right heart function management in critically ill patients, optimize hemodynamic therapy, and even affect prognosis...
- Sahiner F. [Global spread of Zika virus epidemic: current knowledges and uncertainties]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2016;50:333-51 pubmed..In this review, updated information and recommendations regarding ZIKV outbreaks and risks, and the epidemiology, diagnosis and characteristics of ZIKV infections, are summarized in light of the most recent literature. ..
- GÃ¶rgeÃ§ S, Kuzucu Ã, Otlu B, Yetkin F, Ersoy Y. [Investigation of beta-lactamase genes and clonal relationship among the extended-spectrum beta-lactamase producing nosocomial Escherichia coli isolates]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2015;49:15-25 pubmed..In conclusion, it was considered that further studies are needed to explain the relationship between epidemic clones and plasmids with the use of plasmid analysis and multilocus sequence typing methods. ..
- Shamliyan T, MacDonald R, Shaukat A, Taylor B, Yuan J, Johnson J, et al. Antiviral therapy for adults with chronic hepatitis B: a systematic review for a National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference. Ann Intern Med. 2009;150:111-24 pubmed..Future research is needed to provide evidence-based recommendations about optimal antiviral therapy in adults with chronic hepatitis B infection. ..
- Carranza Mamane B, Havelock J, Hemmings R. The management of uterine fibroids in women with otherwise unexplained infertility. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2015;37:277-285 pubmed publisher..ii-3e). ..
- Niki Y, Hanaki H, Matsumoto T, Yagisawa M, Kohno S, Aoki N, et al. Nationwide surveillance of bacterial respiratory pathogens conducted by the Japanese Society of Chemotherapy in 2008: general view of the pathogens' antibacterial susceptibility. J Infect Chemother. 2011;17:510-23 pubmed publisher..Continual national surveillance of the antimicrobial susceptibility of respiratory pathogens is crucial in order to monitor changing patterns of susceptibility and to be able to update treatment recommendations on a regular basis. ..
- Laberge P, Murji A, Fortin C, Martyn P, Vilos G, Leyland N, et al. Endometrial ablation in the management of abnormal uterine bleeding. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2015;37:362-79 pubmed..II-2A) 9. En présence d’une pathologie intracavitaire considérable, la tenue concomitante d’une ablation résectoscopique de l’endomètre et d’une myomectomie / polypectomie hystéroscopique devrait être envisagée. (II-3A). ..
- Jellinger P, Handelsman Y, Rosenblit P, Bloomgarden Z, Fonseca V, Garber A, et al. AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF CLINICAL ENDOCRINOLOGISTS AND AMERICAN COLLEGE OF ENDOCRINOLOGY GUIDELINES FOR MANAGEMENT OF DYSLIPIDEMIA AND PREVENTION OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE - EXECUTIVE SUMMARYComplete Appendix to Guidelines available at http://journals. Endocr Pract. 2017;23:479-497 pubmed publisher
- Hidalgo y Teran Elizondo R, MartÃn Bermudo F, PeÃ±aloza Mendez R, BernÃ¡ AmorÃ³s G, Lara Padilla E, Berral de la Rosa F. NUTRITIONAL INTAKE AND NUTRITIONAL STATUS IN ELITE MEXICAN TEENAGERS SOCCER PLAYERS OF DIFFERENT AGES. Nutr Hosp. 2015;32:1735-43 pubmed publisher..AsÃ pues, se recomienda una educaciÃ³n nutricional para esos equipos de futbolistas. ..
- Chen L, Arai H, Chen L, Chou M, Djauzi S, Dong B, et al. Looking back to move forward: a twenty-year audit of herpes zoster in Asia-Pacific. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:213 pubmed publisher..Given the strong rationale for prevention, most adult immunisation guidelines include HZ vaccine, yet it remains underused. We urge all stakeholders to give higher priority to adult immunisation in general and HZ in particular. ..
- Usta E, EroÄŸlu C, YanÄ±k K, KaradaÄŸ A, GÃ¼ney A, GÃ¼naydÄ±n M. [Investigation of the presence of class 1, 2, 3 integrons and their relationships with antibiotic resistance in clinical Stenotrophomonas maltophilia isolates]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2015;49:35-46 pubmed..05). In conclusion, the demonstration of integron class 1 genes and plasmids among clinical S.maltophilia strains is regarded as a warning data to indicate the potential for spread of those resistant strains in our hospital. ..
- Sentilhes L, Senat M, Ancel P, Azria E, Benoist G, Blanc J, et al. [Prevention of spontaneous preterm birth (excluding preterm premature rupture of membranes): Guidelines for clinical practice - Text of the Guidelines (short text)]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2016;45:1446-1456 pubmed publisher
- Umemura S, Kurosumi M, Moriya T, Oyama T, Arihiro K, Yamashita H, et al. Recommendations for 'adequate evaluation of hormone receptors' a report of the task force of the Japanese Breast Cancer Society. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:299-304 pubmed..Herein, we summarize the evidence, on which the recommendations were made, and customize the recommendations suitable for the current status. ..
- de Las Heras Romero J, Alvarez A, Sanchez F, Garcia A, Porcel P, Sarabia R, et al. Management of syndesmotic injuries of the ankle. EFORT Open Rev. 2017;2:403-409 pubmed publisher..However, knowledge about syndesmotic injuries is still limited as recommendations for surgical treatment are only based on level IV and V evidence. Cite this article: EFORT Open Rev 2017;2:403-409. DOI: 10.1302/2058-5241.2.160084...
- . Recommendations for prevention and control of influenza in children, 2014-2015. Pediatrics. 2014;134:e1503-19 pubmed publisher..In addition, pediatricians should promptly identify clinical influenza infections to enable rapid antiviral treatment, when indicated, to reduce morbidity and mortality. ..
- Christie C. Maintaining a heart-healthy diet most of the time. J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2010;25:233-7 pubmed publisher..This idea revolves around the principle that what an individual does 90% of the time is most critical, and allowing some flexibility can make changing any lifestyle behavior more palatable and achievable. ..
- Torti C, Zazzi M, Abenavoli L, Trapasso F, Cesario F, Corigliano D, et al. Future research and collaboration: the "SINERGIE" project on HCV (South Italian Network for Rational Guidelines and International Epidemiology). BMC Infect Dis. 2012;12 Suppl 2:S9 pubmed publisher..The final objective is to assist in improving care delivery and inform Public Health Authorities on how to optimize resource allocation in this area. ..
- McNamee P, Vanoli A, Hutchings D, McKeith I, Bond J. Savings from sub-groups?: Policy guidance and Alzheimer's disease treatments. J Nutr Health Aging. 2010;14:664-8 pubmed..Given increasing recognition by health policy-makers of the importance of affordability of new treatments, greater attention should be paid to measurement of cost impacts by sub-groups within health economic modelling. ..
- Perfetto P, Siddiqui D, Niederhauser A, Magann E, Hill J, Chauhan S. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Practice Bulletins: original versus revised. Am J Perinatol. 2010;27:611-8 pubmed publisher..554). In 10 years, approximately one in four PBs has been revised and the number of recommendations per PB has increased, but the types of suggestions and level of references has not improved appreciably. ..
- Siddiqui M, Abraham Igwe C, Shangumanandan A, Grassi V, Swift I, Abulafi A. A literature review on the role of chemical sphincterotomy after Milligan-Morgan hemorrhoidectomy. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2011;26:685-92 pubmed publisher..BTX may be preferred over GTN due to better pain control and fewer side effects. BTX, Ca2, and GTN may give effective pain relief for a week after hemorrhoidectomy. Their side-effect profiles are comparable to placebo. ..
- Bazemore A, Diller P, Carrozza M. The impact of a clinic move on vulnerable patients with chronic disease: a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analysis. J Am Board Fam Med. 2010;23:128-30 pubmed publisher..Geographic information systems tools are valuable aids in defining changing service areas of primary health care clinics. ..
- Lazaar H, Aounallah Skhiri H, Oueslati F, Frikha H, Achour N, Hsairi M. [Cost effectiveness analysis of screening strategies for cervical cancer in Tunisia]. East Mediterr Health J. 2010;16:602-8 pubmed..2% for a 3-year periodicity. The reduction would be 40.3% and 33.1% for 5 and 10 years periodicity respectively. Considering cost-effectiveness, 10-year screening gave the lowest annual cost to avoid 1 cervical cancer case. ..
- Bolon Chair B, Barale Thomas E, Bradley A, Ettlin R, Franchi C, George C, et al. International recommendations for training future toxicologic pathologists participating in regulatory-type, nonclinical toxicity studies. Toxicol Pathol. 2010;38:984-92 pubmed publisher..This framework should provide a rigorous yet flexible way to reliably train future toxicologic pathologists to generate, interpret, integrate, and communicate data in regulatory-type, nonclinical toxicology studies. ..
- Bravender T, Bryant Waugh R, Herzog D, Katzman D, Kriepe R, Lask B, et al. Classification of eating disturbance in children and adolescents: proposed changes for the DSM-V. Eur Eat Disord Rev. 2010;18:79-89 pubmed publisher..g. parents) be used to ascertain symptom profiles. Collectively, these recommendations will permit earlier identification and intervention to prevent the exacerbation of eating disorder symptoms. ..
- Wilson A. Consumer participation: ensuring suicide postvention research counts for end users. Int J Nurs Pract. 2010;16:7-13 pubmed publisher..The participation of consumers in the research process ensured the findings were relevant for end users. A number of recommendations for the care and support of those bereaved through suicide were developed as a result. ..
- Heaney R, Holick M. Why the IOM recommendations for vitamin D are deficient. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:455-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, by failing to use a physiological referent, the IOM approach constitutes precisely the wrong model for development of nutritional policy. ..
- Christian M, Toltzis P, Kanter R, Burkle F, Vernon D, Kissoon N. Treatment and triage recommendations for pediatric emergency mass critical care. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2011;12:S109-19 pubmed publisher..The final section provides a discussion of issues related to developing triage algorithms and protocols and the allocation of scarce resources during pediatric emergency mass critical care. ..
- Gramatges M, Winter S. Recommendations for broader coverage antifungal prophylaxis in childhood acute myeloid leukemia: ASH evidence-based review 2011. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2011;2011:374-6 pubmed publisher..All of those involved in this unfortunate scenario wonder if something could have been done to prevent her death. ..
- Scherk M, Ford R, Gaskell R, Hartmann K, Hurley K, Lappin M, et al. 2013 AAFP Feline Vaccination Advisory Panel Report. J Feline Med Surg. 2013;15:785-808 pubmed publisher..The recommendations rely on published data as much as possible, as well as consensus of a multidisciplinary panel of experts in immunology, infectious disease, internal medicine and clinical practice. ..
- Sell R, Dunn P. Inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in tobacco use-related surveillance and epidemiological research. J LGBT Health Res. 2008;4:27-42 pubmed publisher..Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people can benefit from being openly included in the work researchers conduct to inform the design of tobacco control programs and policies. ..
- Cobb T. Strategies for providing cultural competent health care for Hmong Americans. J Cult Divers. 2010;17:79-83 pubmed..Emphasis is placed on building relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Cultural exchange is encouraged as well as the need for basic cultural awareness. ..
- Ranceva N, Ashraf W, Odelola D. Antipsychotic polypharmacy in outpatients at Birch Hill Hospital: incidence and adherence to guidelines. J Clin Pharmacol. 2010;50:699-704 pubmed publisher..Thorough documentation, calculating the total antipsychotic dose, and obtaining an ECG would constitute good practice. ..
- Spicher V. The Federal Vaccination Commission in Switzerland: an officially appointed independent commission ensuring evidence-based recommendations and transparent procedures. Vaccine. 2010;28 Suppl 1:A48-53 pubmed publisher..Swiss health authorities consider it of great importance to clearly explain how their recommendations are made and how the CFV is crucial in this process. ..
- Freitas F, De Sena Neto S, Grossi M, Macário E, da Nóbrega A. Evaluation of leprosy surveillance system in the Amazon region, Brazil, 2001-2007. Lepr Rev. 2012;83:52-63 pubmed..Recommendations for its improvement were issued based on the results found. More data on surveillance systems in endemic countries are needed to facilitate valid comparisons between country indicators. ..
- Nwhator S. Nigeria's costly complacency and the global tobacco epidemic. J Public Health Policy. 2012;33:16-33 pubmed publisher..It concludes with recommendations for urgent and comprehensive action in Nigeria and by the World Health Organization (WHO) organized largely on a framework provided by the WHO. ..
- Acosta T, Adler M, Alkerwi A, Barengo N, Barengo R, Boavida J, et al. Quality indicators for the prevention of type 2 diabetes in Europe--IMAGE. Horm Metab Res. 2010;42 Suppl 1:S56-63 pubmed publisher..We hope that these quality tools together with the IMAGE guidelines will provide a useful tool for improving the quality of diabetes prevention in Europe and make different prevention approaches comparable. ..
- Ibargoyen Roteta N, Gutierrez Ibarluzea I, Asua J. Guiding the process of health technology disinvestment. Health Policy. 2010;98:218-26 pubmed publisher..A software was also developed to facilitate GuNFT implementation. Disinvestment should be a guided process. Accordingly, we present the first guideline for that purpose. ..
- Knezevic I, Stacey G, Petricciani J, Sheets R. Evaluation of cell substrates for the production of biologicals: Revision of WHO recommendations. Report of the WHO Study Group on Cell Substrates for the Production of Biologicals, 22-23 April 2009, Bethesda, USA. Biologicals. 2010;38:162-9 pubmed publisher..The SG will report outcomes of its discussion to the ECBS at its next meeting in October 2009 for further considerations and advice regarding the proposed course of action. ..
- Dans L, Silvestre M, Dans A. Trade-off between benefit and harm is crucial in health screening recommendations. Part I: general principles. J Clin Epidemiol. 2011;64:231-9 pubmed publisher..Direct evidence from screening trials is subject to less bias. In some instances, indirect evidence may be acceptable, e.g., when the condition screened for is a risk factor for a disease rather than the disease itself. ..
- Doty P, Mahoney K, Sciegaj M. New state strategies to meet long-term care needs. Health Aff (Millwood). 2010;29:49-56 pubmed publisher..Their experiences offer valuable insights, guidance, and encouragement to other states contemplating consumer-directed service expansions. ..
- Brixey S, Kopp B, Schlotthauer A, Collier A, Corden T. Use of child death review to inform sudden unexplained infant deaths occurring in a large urban setting. Inj Prev. 2011;17 Suppl 1:i23-7 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrates how CDR provides enhanced documentation of risk factors to help steer prevention efforts regarding SUID deaths in a community and reaffirms infants in an unsafe sleep environment have an increased risk of death. ..
- . Updated recommendations for client- and provider-oriented interventions to increase breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening. Am J Prev Med. 2012;43:92-6 pubmed publisher..Details of these findings, and some considerations for use, are provided in this article. ..
- Iqbal M. Lead pollution - a risk factor for cardiovascular disease in Asian developing countries. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2012;25:289-94 pubmed
- Higginbotham E, Church K. Strategic planning as a tool for achieving alignment in academic health centers. Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc. 2012;123:292-303 pubmed..Strategic planning can be an effective tool to achieve alignment, enhance accountability, and a first step in meeting the demands of the new landscape of healthcare. ..
- Knopf A, Bert C, Heath E, Nill S, Kraus K, Richter D, et al. Special report: workshop on 4D-treatment planning in actively scanned particle therapy--recommendations, technical challenges, and future research directions. Med Phys. 2010;37:4608-14 pubmed..As a result, this article presents a summary of recommendations for the treatment of mobile targets (intrafractional changes) with actively scanned particles and a list of requirements to elaborate and apply these guidelines clinically. ..
- Calizzani G, Vaglio S, Arcieri R, Menichini I, Tagliaferri A, Antoncecchi S, et al. Models for institutional and professional accreditation of haemophilia centres in Italy. Haemophilia. 2013;19:e248-55 pubmed publisher..These recommendations help to provide Italian Regional Health Authorities with an organizational framework for the provision of comprehensive care to patients with inherited coagulation disorders based on current scientific evidence. ..
- Friedman R, Gallus A, Gil Garay E, FitzGerald G, Cushner F. Practice patterns in the use of venous thromboembolism prophylaxis after total joint arthroplasty--insights from the Multinational Global Orthopaedic Registry (GLORY). Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2010;39:14-21 pubmed..This paper reviews the GLORY practice findings in light of the contemporary literature on best practices for VTE prophylaxis in orthopedic patients. ..
- Quan L, Pilkey D, Gomez A, Bennett E. Analysis of paediatric drowning deaths in Washington State using the child death review (CDR) for surveillance: what CDR does and does not tell us about lethal drowning injury. Inj Prev. 2011;17 Suppl 1:i28-33 pubmed publisher..Drowning is second cause of paediatric injury death in Washington State. Child death review (CDR) data provide the unique opportunity to identify regional risk factors and opportunities for drowning prevention...
- Schachschal G, Sehner S, Choschzick M, Aust D, Brandl L, Vieth M, et al. Impact of reassessment of colonic hyperplastic polyps by expert GI pathologists. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2016;31:675-83 pubmed publisher..However, reliable data for recommendations on follow-up intervals of HP or SSA will require follow-up studies. ..
- Lapworth T, Bennett C, Perry J. Assessment of acutely ill patients in the criminal justice system. Nurs Stand. 2010;24:35-41 pubmed..The article also explores how education and simulation can be used to equip nurses to deal with any difficulties they experience. ..
- Andersson J. Treatment of scapholunate ligament injury: Current concepts. EFORT Open Rev. 2017;2:382-393 pubmed publisher..Recommendations for treatment based on the stage and classification of injury and the degree of instability and arthritic changes are proposed. Cite this article: EFORT Open Rev 2017;2:382-393. DOI: 10.1302/2058-5241.2.170016...
- Adamski J, Godman B, Ofierska Sujkowska G, Osińska B, Herholz H, Wendykowska K, et al. Risk sharing arrangements for pharmaceuticals: potential considerations and recommendations for European payers. BMC Health Serv Res. 2010;10:153 pubmed publisher..This also includes whether systematic evaluations have been built into proposed schemes. ..
- Chu C, Buchman Schmitt J, Stanley I, Hom M, Tucker R, Hagan C, et al. The Interpersonal Theory of Suicide: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of a Decade of Cross-National Research. Psychol Bull. 2017;: pubmed publisher..We conclude with limitations and recommendations for the interpersonal theory as a framework for understanding the suicidal spectrum. (PsycINFO Database Record..
- Schoub B, Ngcobo N, Madhi S. The National Advisory Group on Immunization (NAGI) of the Republic of South Africa. Vaccine. 2010;28 Suppl 1:A31-4 pubmed publisher..NAGI brings together experts from a range of different fields relevant to vaccines and vaccinations and has been an important resource for guiding the Expanded Program of Immunization (EPI) in South Africa. ..