patents as topic
Summary: Works about exclusive legal rights or privileges applied to inventions, plants, etc.
- Hussain H, Green I, Ali I, Khan I, Ali Z, Al Sadi A, et al. Ursolic acid derivatives for pharmaceutical use: a patent review (2012-2016). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1061-1072 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, UA has the potential to conjugate with other anticancer drugs or be transformed into its halo derivatives since this will greatly facilitate scientists to get lead compounds in cancer drug discovery. ..
- Boss C, Roch C. Orexin research: patent news from 2016. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1123-1133 pubmed publisher..It might also influence the efforts in the identification of orexin receptor agonists. Being potential treatments for narcolepsy with cataplexy. ..
- Claudel M, Massaro E, Santi P, Murray F, Ratti C. An exploration of collaborative scientific production at MIT through spatial organization and institutional affiliation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179334 pubmed publisher..These insights contribute an architectural dimension to the field of scientometrics, and take a first step toward empirical space-planning policy that supports collaboration within institutions. ..
- Graham T. Prolylcarboxypeptidase (PrCP) inhibitors and the therapeutic uses thereof: a patent review. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1077-1088 pubmed publisher..Additional fundamental research into the signaling pathways is likely required before the true therapeutic potential of PrCP inhibition will be realized. ..
- Basnet S, Magee C. Artifact interactions retard technological improvement: An empirical study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179596 pubmed publisher..56 with a p-value of 0.002. The results agree with model predictions, and provide, for the first time, empirical evidence that artifact interactions have a retarding effect on improvement rates of technological domains. ..
- Mahapatra D, Asati V, Bharti S. MEK inhibitors in oncology: a patent review (2015-Present). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:887-906 pubmed publisher..The combination and/or multi-targeted kinase/mutant gene inhibitors may be a therapeutic option for the personalized cancer treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. ..
- Agarwal S, Agarwal H, Zaware N. Pyrimido[4,5-b]indole derivatives and use thereof in the expansion of hematopoietic stem cells US2015011543 (a1): a patent evaluation. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1177-1181 pubmed publisher..The numerous literature reports and biological data indicates that these pyrimido[4,5-b]indole derivatives are promising candidates for the development of potential therapies for hematopoietic ailments. ..
- Kalinin D, Holl R. LpxC inhibitors: a patent review (2010-2016). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1227-1250 pubmed publisher..The lack of clinical candidates might be related with undesired effects caused by the common structural elements of the LpxC inhibitors. ..
- Scheinberg M, Castaneda Hernandez G. Anti-tumor necrosis factor patent expiration and the risks of biocopies in clinical practice. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:501 pubmed publisher..This article comments on various aspects surrounding the use of such biocopies in clinical rheumatology. ..
- Bergeaud A, Potiron Y, Raimbault J. Classifying patents based on their semantic content. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176310 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we document that both approaches have highly different topological measures and strong statistical evidence that they feature a different model. This suggests that our method is a useful tool to extract endogenous information. ..
- t Hoen E. Assuring access to quality antiretroviral medicines: the WHO Prequalification of Medicines Program and access to HIV treatment. Cad Saude Publica. 2014;30:908-9 pubmed
- Pasche E, Gobeill J, Kreim O, Oezdemir Zaech F, Vachon T, Lovis C, et al. Development and tuning of an original search engine for patent libraries in medicinal chemistry. BMC Bioinformatics. 2014;15 Suppl 1:S15 pubmed publisher..We conclude that different search tasks demand different information retrieval engines' settings in order to yield optimal end-user retrieval. ..
- Frlan R, Gobec S. Evaluation of US 2016/0115161 A1: isoindoline compounds and methods of their use. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:637-641 pubmed publisher..Results of biological tests, which are superior over those of presently used IMIDs lenalidomide and pomalidomide, make these compounds viable leads for future development of new anticancer drugs against blood and solid cancers. ..
- Stazi G, Zwergel C, Mai A, Valente S. EZH2 inhibitors: a patent review (2014-2016). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:797-813 pubmed publisher..Several issues are still to be settled, such as drug resistance and the importance of selectivity over EZH1 or somatic EZH2 mutants. ..
- Kharkar P. Cancer stem cell (CSC) inhibitors: a review of recent patents (2012-2015). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:753-761 pubmed publisher..Drug repurposing can be attempted to discover newer anti-CSC drugs quickly. ..
- Hameed A, Al Rashida M, Alharthy R, Uroos M, Mughal E, Ali S, et al. Small molecules as activators in medicinal chemistry (2000-2016). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1089-1110 pubmed publisher..However only a few enzyme activators as drugs have made it to the market. Disorders characterized by supressed enzyme activity can be treated by enhancing the activity of a specific enzyme. ..
- Vokinger K, Kesselheim A, Avorn J, Sarpatwari A. Strategies That Delay Market Entry of Generic Drugs. JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177:1665-1669 pubmed publisher..Finally, the FDA can provide earlier guidance on bioequivalence determinations for complex generic products and adopt the presumption that late-filed citizen petitions should be summarily rejected...
- Peng F, Liu D, Zhang Q, Xu Y, Shi L. VEGFR-2 inhibitors and the therapeutic applications thereof: a patent review (2012-2016). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:987-1004 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the development of multi-targeted tyrosine kinase inhibitors and the strategy of using these agents in conjunction with other anti-cancer agents are recent interesting therapeutic approaches that could give promising results. ..
- Hussain H, Green I. A patent review of two fruitful decades (1997-2016) of Isocoumarin research. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1267-1275 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in order to get lead compounds, scientists should focus on the synthesis of halo and functionalized heterocyclic ring containing derivatives of isocoumarins as more potent drugs. ..
- Frampton S. Patents, priority disputes and the value of credit: towards a history (and pre-history) of intellectual property in medicine. Med Hist. 2011;55:319-24 pubmed
- Yang Y, Yu T, Jiang S, Zhang Y, Li M, Tang N, et al. miRNAs as potential therapeutic targets and diagnostic biomarkers for cardiovascular disease with a particular focus on WO2010091204. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1021-1029 pubmed publisher..Overall, targeting miRNAs is definitely a promising strategy to be investigated for diagnosis and treatment of CVDs in future, however, the delivery system and off-targets effects are still a difficult challenge need to be elucidated. ..
- Hussain H, Green I. Lapachol and lapachone analogs: a journey of two decades of patent research(1997-2016). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1111-1121 pubmed publisher..It is our opinion that in order to get lead compounds, there needs to be a greater focus on the elucidation of the precise mechanism of action of these compounds including SAR and in vivo studies...
- Psarra A, Nikolaou A, Kokotou M, Limnios D, Kokotos G. Microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase-1 inhibitors: a patent review. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1047-1059 pubmed publisher..More preclinical and clinical studies on mPGES-1 inhibitors are needed to realize if indeed they may become novel agents for the treatment of inflammation and cancer. ..
- Detsi A, Kontogiorgis C, Hadjipavlou Litina D. Coumarin derivatives: an updated patent review (2015-2016). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1201-1226 pubmed publisher..Their clinical evaluation will be critical to assess therapeutic utility. The compounds for which the mechanism of action is well defined can serve as lead compounds for the design of new more potent molecules. ..