Genomes and Genes
formal social control
Summary: Control which is exerted by the more stable organizations of society, such as established institutions and the law. They are ordinarily embodied in definite codes, usually written.
Publications159 found, 100 shown here
- Tebay L, Robertson H, Durant S, Vitale S, Penning T, Dinkova Kostova A, et al. Mechanisms of activation of the transcription factor Nrf2 by redox stressors, nutrient cues, and energy status and the pathways through which it attenuates degenerative disease. Free Radic Biol Med. 2015;88:108-146 pubmed publisher..We discuss the basis of a putative U-shaped Nrf2 dose-response curve in terms of potentially competing processes relevant to different stages of tumorigenesis. ..
- Pletzer D, Mansour S, Wuerth K, Rahanjam N, Hancock R. New Mouse Model for Chronic Infections by Gram-Negative Bacteria Enabling the Study of Anti-Infective Efficacy and Host-Microbe Interactions. MBio. 2017;8: pubmed publisher..We propose that this mouse model can be a game changer for modeling hard-to-treat Gram-negative bacterial chronic and skin infections. ..
- Cui X, Qian D, Jiang S, Shang E, Zhu Z, Duan J. Scutellariae Radix and Coptidis Rhizoma Improve Glucose and Lipid Metabolism in T2DM Rats via Regulation of the Metabolic Profiling and MAPK/PI3K/Akt Signaling Pathway. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..The effects of combined extracts were more remarkable than single herb treatment. Additionally, this study also showed that the metabonomics method is a promising tool to unravel how traditional Chinese medicines work. ..
- Rueda E, Johnson J, Giddabasappa A, Swaroop A, Brooks M, Sigel I, et al. The cellular and compartmental profile of mouse retinal glycolysis, tricarboxylic acid cycle, oxidative phosphorylation, and ~P transferring kinases. Mol Vis. 2016;22:847-85 pubmed..This work provides a platform for future research directed at identifying the molecular targets and proteins that regulate these processes. ..
- McCully K. Review: Chemical Pathology of Homocysteine VI. Aging, Cellular Senescence, and Mitochondrial Dysfunction. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2018;48:677-687 pubmed
- Aragón Herrera A, Feijóo Bandín S, Abella V, Alvarez L, Roselló Lletí E, Portolés M, et al. Serelaxin (recombinant human relaxin-2) treatment affects the endogenous synthesis of long chain poly-unsaturated fatty acids and induces substantial alterations of lipidome and metabolome profiles in rat cardiac tissue. Pharmacol Res. 2019;144:51-65 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the need to further understand the role of relaxin-2 in the regulation of cardiac energy metabolism, in the context of the therapeutic strategies for the treatment of cardiometabolic pathologies as heart failure. ..
- ..Defective responses of AMPK to leptin may contribute to resistance to leptin action on food intake and energy expenditure in obese states. ..
- Mazzio E, Lewis C, Soliman K. Transcriptomic Profiling of MDA-MB-231 Cells Exposed to Boswellia Serrata and 3-O-Acetyl-B-Boswellic Acid; ER/UPR Mediated Programmed Cell Death. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2017;14:409-425 pubmed..The microarray data are available at Expression Omnibus GEO Series accession number GSE102891. ..
- Panossian A, Seo E, Efferth T. Novel molecular mechanisms for the adaptogenic effects of herbal extracts on isolated brain cells using systems biology. Phytomedicine. 2018;50:257-284 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study provides a comprehensive look at the molecular mechanisms by which adaptogens exerts stress-protective effects. ..
- Baloyannis S. Brain capillaries in Alzheimer's disease. Hell J Nucl Med. 2015;18 Suppl 1:152 pubmed
- Mikołajczyk K, Kaczmarek R, Czerwinski M. Can mutations in the gene encoding transcription factor EKLF (Erythroid Krüppel-Like Factor) protect us against infectious and parasitic diseases?. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2016;70:1068-1086 pubmed..Here, we propose a hypothesis on possible liaisons between mutations in the gene encoding EKLF and resistance to pathogens. ..
- Lugea A, Gerloff A, Su H, Xu Z, Go A, Hu C, et al. The Combination of Alcohol and Cigarette Smoke Induces Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress and Cell Death in Pancreatic Acinar Cells. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:1674-1686 pubmed publisher..It also activates ER stress pathways that promote acinar cell death. ..
- Babizhayev M. Biochemical, Biomedical and Metabolic Aspects of Imidazole-Containing Dipeptides with the Inherent Complexity to Neurodegenerative Diseases and Various States of Mental Well-Being: A Challenging Correction and Neurotherapeutic Pharmaceutical Biotechn. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2014;15:738-78 pubmed
- Batool R, Rashid Khan M, Ahmed Zai J, Ali S, Maryam S, Naz I, et al. Brachychiton populneus (Schott & Endl.) R.Br. ameliorate carbon tetrachloride induced oxidative stress through regulation of endoplasmic reticulum stress markers and inflammatory mediators in Sprague-Dawley male rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;107:1601-1610 pubmed publisher..These results suggested the presence of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory constituents in methanol extract of B. populneus. ..
- Pan F, Feng L, Jiang W, Jiang J, Wu P, Kuang S, et al. Methionine hydroxy analogue enhanced fish immunity via modulation of NF-?B, TOR, MLCK, MAPKs and Nrf2 signaling in young grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;56:208-228 pubmed publisher..07, 5.21, 5.76, 5.90, 5.88, 5.80, 6.22, 5.68 and 6.85 g/kg diet, respectively. ..
- Yun S, Han Y, Lee J, Kim S, Lee S. Enhanced Susceptibility to 5-Fluorouracil in Human Colon Cancer Cells by Silencing of GRP78. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2975-2984 pubmed..GRP78 silencing and incubation with 5-FU have synergistic effects on the inhibition of LoVo colon cancer cell growth via the induction of ER stress-dependent apoptosis. ..
- Tatone C, Di Emidio G, Barbonetti A, Carta G, Luciano A, Falone S, et al. Sirtuins in gamete biology and reproductive physiology: emerging roles and therapeutic potential in female and male infertility. Hum Reprod Update. 2018;24:267-289 pubmed publisher..The present review provides challenges and opportunities to stimulate research and exploit Sirtuin-based signalling as diagnostic tools and potential targets for therapeutic applications in reproductive medicine. ..
- Trapphoff T, Heiligentag M, Dankert D, Demond H, Deutsch D, FrÃ¶hlich T, et al. Postovulatory aging affects dynamics of mRNA, expression and localization of maternal effect proteins, spindle integrity and pericentromeric proteins in mouse oocytes. Hum Reprod. 2016;31:133-49 pubmed publisher..The study has been supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG) (EI 199/7-1 | GR 1138/12-1 | HO 949/21-1 and FOR 1041). There is no competing interest. ..
- Farrell G, Haczeyni F, Chitturi S. Pathogenesis of NASH: How Metabolic Complications of Overnutrition Favour Lipotoxicity and Pro-Inflammatory Fatty Liver Disease. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2018;1061:19-44 pubmed publisher..Pinpointing the key molecules involved pharmacologically should eventually lead to effective pharmacotherapy against NASH. ..
- Maryam S, Khan M, Shah S, Zahra Z, Batool R, Zai J. Evaluation of anti-inflammatory potential of the leaves of Wendlandia heynei (Schult.) Santapau & Merchant in Sprague Dawley rat. J Ethnopharmacol. 2019;238:111849 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that WHLM fractions have marked anti-inflammatory activity and this study endorsed the folklore use of W. heynei leaves for swelling related disorders. ..
- Banerjee S, Aykin Burns N, Krager K, Shah S, Melnyk S, Hauer Jensen M, et al. Loss of C/EBPÎ´ enhances IR-induced cell death by promoting oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;99:296-307 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates a novel role for C/EBPÎ´ in protection from basal as well as IR-induced oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction thus promoting post-radiation survival. ..
- Liu T, Yang H, Fan W, Tu J, Li T, Wang J, et al. Mechanisms of MAFG Dysregulation in Cholestatic Liver Injury and Development of Liver Cancer. Gastroenterology. 2018;155:557-571.e14 pubmed publisher..SAMe and UDCA reduce expression of MAFG in response to cholestasis, by shared and distinct mechanisms. OCA induces MAFG expression, cancer cell proliferation, and growth of xenograft tumors in mice. ..
- Aslani F, Sebastian T, Keidel M, Fröhlich S, Elsässer H, Schuppe H, et al. Resistance to apoptosis and autophagy leads to enhanced survival in Sertoli cells. Mol Hum Reprod. 2017;23:370-380 pubmed publisher..The support of the Medical Faculty of Justus-Liebig University of Giessen is gratefully acknowledged. The authors declare no conflict of interest. ..
- Calderone V, Gallego J, Fernández Miranda G, Garcia Pras E, Maillo C, Berzigotti A, et al. Sequential Functions of CPEB1 and CPEB4 Regulate Pathologic Expression of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Angiogenesis in Chronic Liver Disease. Gastroenterology. 2016;150:982-97.e30 pubmed publisher..Regulation of CPEB4 by CPEB1 and the CPEB4 autoamplification loop induces pathologic angiogenesis. Strategies to block the activities of CPEBs might be developed to treat chronic liver and other angiogenesis-dependent diseases. ..
- Babizhayev M, Yegorov Y. Telomere Attrition in Human Lens Epithelial Cells Associated with Oxidative Stress Provide a New Therapeutic Target for the Treatment, Dissolving and Prevention of Cataract with N-Acetylcarnosine Lubricant Eye Drops. Kinetic, Pharmacological and Acti. Recent Pat Drug Deliv Formul. 2016;10:82-129 pubmed..Such findings can be translated into clinical practice and may provide a basis for personalized cataract disease and aging prevention and treatment approaches. ..
- Jing Y, Cai D, Chen Q, Xiong Q, Hu T, Yao Y, et al. Liuwei Dihuang soft capsules attenuates endothelial cell apoptosis to prevent atherosclerosis through GPR30-mediated regulation in ovariectomized ApoE-deficient mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;208:185-198 pubmed publisher..The mechanism may be inhibition of Hcy-induced endothelial cell apoptosis by modulating GPR30. Hence, LWDH can potentially be used to prevent AS-related vascular disease in menopausal women. ..
- Serhiyenko V, Serhiyenko A. Cardiac autonomic neuropathy: Risk factors, diagnosis and treatment. World J Diabetes. 2018;9:1-24 pubmed publisher..Development of OH is associated with severe or advanced CAN and prescription of nonpharmacological and pharmacological, in the foreground midodrine and fludrocortisone acetate, treatment methods are necessary. ..
- Xu D, Zhou P, Wang Y, Zhang L, Fu W, Ruan B, et al. Reciprocal activation between STAT3 and miR-181b regulates the proliferation of esophageal cancer stem-like cells via the CYLD pathway. Mol Cancer. 2016;15:40 pubmed publisher..STAT3 and miR-181b control each other's expression in a positive feedback loop that regulates SFCs via CYLD pathway. These findings maybe is helpful for targeting ECSLC and providing approach for esophageal cancer treatments. ..
- Moretto F, Wood N, Kelly G, Doncic A, van Werven F. A regulatory circuit of two lncRNAs and a master regulator directs cell fate in yeast. Nat Commun. 2018;9:780 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that orchestrated transcription through two contiguous lncRNAs promotes local gene expression and determines a critical cell fate decision. ..
- Jin S, Ma H, Yang W, Ju H, Wang L, Zhang Z. Cell division cycle 7 is a potential therapeutic target in oral squamous cell carcinoma and is regulated by E2F1. J Mol Med (Berl). 2018;96:513-525 pubmed publisher..Importantly, it does not inhibit the proliferation of non-tumour cells. These findings suggest that the overexpression of Cdc7 promotes progression in OSCC and that inhibition of Cdc7 is a very promising therapy for OSCC patients. ..
- Baum A. ["The interest of humanity in general and my sex in particular": the letters of Julie Bondeli on upbringing and the education of women]. Schweiz Z Gesch. 2002;52:399-413 pubmed
- Cecarini V, Bonfili L, Cuccioloni M, Keller J, Bruce Keller A, Eleuteri A. Effects of Ghrelin on the Proteolytic Pathways of Alzheimer's Disease Neuronal Cells. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:3168-3178 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a novel mechanism by which circulating hormones control neural homeostasis through the regulation of proteolytic pathways implicated in AD. ..
- Rey L, Extremera N. Forgiveness and health-related quality of life in older people: Adaptive cognitive emotion regulation strategies as mediators. J Health Psychol. 2016;21:2944-2954 pubmed
- Hu R, Chen Z, Yan J, Li Q, Huang Y, Xu H, et al. Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress of Neutrophils Is Required for Ischemia/Reperfusion-Induced Acute Lung Injury. J Immunol. 2015;195:4802-9 pubmed publisher..This novel mechanism suggests a new potential therapeutic target in autophagy regulation for ALI. ..
- Lages Y, Nascimento J, Lemos G, Galina A, Castilho L, Rehen S. Low oxygen alters mitochondrial function and response to oxidative stress in human neural progenitor cells. Peerj. 2015;3:e1486 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the management of oxygen levels should be considered for in vitro models of neuronal development and drug screening. ..
- Rajakumar A, Senthilkumaran B. Sox3 binds to 11Î²-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase gene promoter suggesting transcriptional interaction in catfish. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;158:90-103 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to show that Sox3 binds to the 11Î²-hsd gene promoter and transactivates to regulate male reproduction in a teleost. ..
- Tomas Roig J, Piscitelli F, Gil V, Del RÃo J, Moore T, Agbemenyah H, et al. Social defeat leads to changes in the endocannabinoid system: An overexpression of calreticulin and motor impairment in mice. Behav Brain Res. 2016;303:34-43 pubmed publisher..The present study provides evidence that chronic stress activates calreticulin and might be one of the pathological mechanisms underlying the motor coordination and motor learning dysfunctions seen in social defeat mice. ..
- Berry J, Mure C, Yerramsetty P. Regulation of Rubisco gene expression in C4 plants. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2016;31:23-8 pubmed publisher..Regulatory steps may include transcriptional, post-transcriptional, and post-translational processes. ..
- Patidar M, Yadav N, Dalai S. Interleukin 15: A key cytokine for immunotherapy. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2016;31:49-59 pubmed publisher..Its multifaceted biological applications are crucial in immunotherapy. In this article, we review the functions, expression, and regulation of IL-15 for designing an improved IL-15-based therapy targeting the IL-15 signaling pathway. ..
- Teng Y, Zuo X, Hou M, Zhang Y, Li C, Luo W, et al. A Double-Negative Feedback Interaction between MicroRNA-29b and DNMT3A/3B Contributes to Ovarian Cancer Progression. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:2341-2352 pubmed..Taken together, our study sheds light on a novel epigenetic circuitry regulating EOC progression and may provide novel options for miR-29b-based epi-therapeutic approaches for future EOC treatment. ..
- Ceglia I, Lee K, Cahill M, Graves S, Dietz D, SURMEIER D, et al. WAVE1 in neurons expressing the D1 dopamine receptor regulates cellular and behavioral actions of cocaine. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:1395-1400 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that WAVE1 is involved selectively in D1-MSNs in cocaine-evoked neuronal activity-mediated feedback regulation of glutamatergic synapses. ..
- Longo R, Ferrari A, Zocchi M, Crestani M. Of mice and humans through the looking glass: "reflections" on epigenetics of lipid metabolism. Mol Aspects Med. 2017;54:16-27 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will provide an outlook of recent studies addressing the link between epigenetics and lipid metabolism, by comparing results obtained in animal models and in human subjects. ..
- Li J, Zhu X, Yu K, Jiang H, Zhang Y, Deng S, et al. Genome-Wide Analysis of DNA Methylation and Acute Coronary Syndrome. Circ Res. 2017;120:1754-1767 pubmed publisher..Our results may suggest that immune signaling and cellular functions might be regulated at an epigenetic level in ACS. ..
- Damaskos C, Tomos I, Garmpis N, Karakatsani A, Dimitroulis D, Garmpi A, et al. Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors as a Novel Targeted Therapy Against Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Where Are We Now and What Should We Expect?. Anticancer Res. 2018;38:37-43 pubmed..This review article focuses on the role of histone deacetylase inhibitors in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and the major molecular mechanisms underlying their antitumor activity recognized so far. ..
- Shi Y, Guo Y. MiR-139-5p suppresses osteosarcoma cell growth and invasion through regulating DNMT1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;503:459-466 pubmed publisher..MiR-139-5p suppressed the osteosarcoma progression by reducing DNMT1, supplying new insight into the molecular mechanism uncovering osteosarcoma growth. ..
- Montemayor C, Montemayor O, Ridgeway A, Lin F, Wheeler D, Pletcher S, et al. Genome-wide analysis of binding sites and direct target genes of the orphan nuclear receptor NR2F1/COUP-TFI. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8910 pubmed publisher..This bioinformatics tool can be modified to scan for response elements of transcription factors, cis-regulatory modules, or any flexible DNA pattern. ..
- Krawczynski K, Najmula J, Bauersachs S, Kaczmarek M. MicroRNAome of porcine conceptuses and trophoblasts: expression profile of micrornas and their potential to regulate genes crucial for establishment of pregnancy. Biol Reprod. 2015;92:21 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate potential roles of these small, noncoding RNAs in the early development of embryos and embryo-maternal cross-talk during early pregnancy in the pig. ..
- Kalea A, Hoteit R, Suvan J, Lovering R, Palmen J, Cooper J, et al. Upregulation of gingival tissue miR-200b in obese periodontitis subjects. J Dent Res. 2015;94:59S-69S pubmed publisher..Functional studies to explore the role of miR-200b in the above processes may offer new insights on putative therapeutic targets for this group of patients. ..
- VolnitskiÄ A, Semenova E, Shtam T, Kovalev R, Filatov M. [Aberrant expression of sox2 gene in malignant gliomas]. Tsitologiia. 2014;56:504-10 pubmed..However, this may indicate the stochastic nature of the regulation of sox2 gene expression in malignant gliomas. ..
- Yang G, Geng X, Liu Z, Liu J, Liu X, Xu L, et al. Thrombospondin-1 (TSP1)-producing B cells restore antigen (Ag)-specific immune tolerance in an allergic environment. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:12858-67 pubmed publisher..Blocking IL-13 in an allergic environment facilitated the generation of TolDCs and enhanced the therapeutic effect of immunotherapy. ..
- Okamura H, Doi M, Goto K, Kojima R. Clock genes and salt-sensitive hypertension: a new type of aldosterone-synthesizing enzyme controlled by the circadian clock and angiotensin II. Hypertens Res. 2016;39:681-687 pubmed publisher..As HSD3B1 levels are abnormally high in the adrenal aldosterone-producing cells of idiopathic hyperaldosteronism (IHA), the temporal component of this system in the pathophysiology of IHA is a promising area for future research. ..
- Gao G, Moyes C. Evaluating the role of NRF-1 in the regulation of the goldfish COX4-1 gene in response to temperature. J Exp Biol. 2016;219:3019-3027 pubmed..However, the proximal promoter does not appear to play a role in mediating the thermal response of the COX4-1 gene in fish. ..
- Trubiani O, Guarnieri S, Diomede F, Mariggio M, Merciaro I, Morabito C, et al. Nuclear translocation of PKC? isoenzyme is involved in neurogenic commitment of human neural crest-derived periodontal ligament stem cells. Cell Signal. 2016;28:1631-41 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidences of a new PKC?/GAP-43 nuclear signalling pathway that controls neuronal differentiation in hPDLSCs, leading the way to a potential use of these cells in cell-based therapy in neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Coothankandaswamy V, Cao S, Xu Y, Prasad P, Singh P, Reynolds C, et al. Amino acid transporter SLC6A14 is a novel and effective drug target for pancreatic cancer. Br J Pharmacol. 2016;173:3292-3306 pubmed publisher..These findings identify SLC6A14 as a novel druggable target for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Liu Y, Liu Q, Qi L, Ding T, Wang Z, Fu J, et al. Temporal Regulation of a Salmonella Typhimurium Virulence Factor by the Transcriptional Regulator YdcR. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2017;16:1683-1693 pubmed publisher..Our work also highlights the utility of combining quantitative proteomics and bacterial genetics for uncovering the functional roles of transcription factors and likely other uncharacterized proteins as well. ..
- Gong J, Shao D, Xu K, Lu Z, Lu Z, Yang Y, et al. RISE: a database of RNA interactome from sequencing experiments. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Finally, RISE provides a Circos plot and several table views for integrative visualization, with extensive molecular and functional annotations to facilitate exploration of biological functions for any RRI of interest...
- Khamphikham P, Sripichai O, Munkongdee T, Fucharoen S, Tongsima S, Smith D. Genetic variation of Krüppel-like factor 1 (KLF1) and fetal hemoglobin (HbF) levels in ?0-thalassemia/HbE disease. Int J Hematol. 2018;107:297-310 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that while reduction of KLF1 expression in ?0-thalassemia/HbE erythroblasts can increase HbF levels, it is not sufficient to alleviate the clinical phenotype. ..
- Deng K, Zhao G, Wang Z, Fang J, Jiang Z, Gong J, et al. Targeting Transmembrane BAX Inhibitor Motif Containing 1 Alleviates Pathological Cardiac Hypertrophy. Circulation. 2018;137:1486-1504 pubmed publisher..Moreover, targeting TMBIM1 could be a novel therapeutic strategy for treating cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure. ..
- Gao Y, Chen J, Chen Z, An D, Lv Q, Han M, et al. A new vesicle trafficking regulator CTL1 plays a crucial role in ion homeostasis. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2002978 pubmed publisher..Characterizing choline transporter-like 1 (CTL1) as a new regulator of protein sorting may enable researchers to understand not only ion homeostasis in plants but also vesicle trafficking in general. ..
- Enomoto M, Siow C, Igaki T. Drosophila As a Cancer Model. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2018;1076:173-194 pubmed publisher..Recent approaches toward identification of novel therapeutics using fly cancer models have further proved Drosophila as a robust system with great potentials for cancer research as well as anti-cancer therapy. ..
- Lipinszki Z, Lefevre S, Savoian M, Singleton M, Glover D, Przewloka M. Centromeric binding and activity of Protein Phosphatase 4. Nat Commun. 2015;6:5894 pubmed publisher..We also show that binding of Flfl to CENP-C is required to bring PP4 activity to centromeres to maintain CENP-C and attached core kinetochore proteins at chromosomes during mitosis. ..
- Kosumi K, Baba Y, Sakamoto A, Ishimoto T, Harada K, Nakamura K, et al. Lysine-specific demethylase-1 contributes to malignant behavior by regulation of invasive activity and metabolic shift in esophageal cancer. Int J Cancer. 2016;138:428-39 pubmed publisher..The results support LSD1 as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Trudel Fitzgerald C, Gilsanz P, Mittleman M, Kubzansky L. Dysregulated Blood Pressure: Can Regulating Emotions Help?. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2015;17:92 pubmed publisher..We discuss discrepant findings and propose considering emotion regulation as a novel approach to explain inconsistencies. Finally, we provide thoughts on future research directions. ..
- Liu L, Deng W, Zhou X, Chen R, Xiang M, Guo Y, et al. The mechanism of adenosine-mediated activation of lncRNA MEG3 and its antitumor effects in human hepatoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:421-9 pubmed publisher..ILF3 may participate in the anticancer regulation of MEG3 by interacting with MEG3. ..
- Laganà A, Vitale S, Nigro A, Sofo V, Salmeri F, Rossetti P, et al. Pleiotropic Actions of Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors (PPARs) in Dysregulated Metabolic Homeostasis, Inflammation and Cancer: Current Evidence and Future Perspectives. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed also to elucidate the role of PPARs in cancer. ..
- Karwowski M, Morman S, Plumlee G, Law T, Kellogg M, Woolf A. Toxicants in folk remedies: implications of elevated blood lead in an American-born infant due to imported diaper powder. Environ Geochem Health. 2017;39:1133-1143 pubmed publisher..The more widespread use of contaminated folk remedies in the countries from which they originate is a substantial concern. ..
- Koch K, Hartmann R, SchrÃ¶ter F, Suwala A, Maciaczyk D, KrÃ¼ger A, et al. Reciprocal regulation of the cholinic phenotype and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in glioblastoma cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:73414-73431 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the newly identified EMT-oncometabolic network may be helpful to monitor the invasive properties of glioblastomas and the success of anti-EMT therapy. ..
- Beemelmanns A, Roth O. Grandparental immune priming in the pipefish Syngnathus typhle. BMC Evol Biol. 2017;17:44 pubmed publisher..While the benefits and costs of grandparental TGIP depend on the temporal heterogeneity of environmental conditions, multigenerational TGIP may affect host-parasite coevolution by dampening the amplitude of Red Queen Dynamics. ..
- Wang D, de Weerd N, Willard B, Polekhina G, Williams B, Sadler A. Auto-phosphorylation Represses Protein Kinase R Activity. Sci Rep. 2017;7:44340 pubmed publisher..These findings identify an innovative mechanism to control kinase activity, providing insight for strategies to better regulate kinase activity. ..
- Gupta D, Hwang J, Cho E, Kim W, Song C, Chai O. Constitutive Activation of Smoothened in the Renal Collecting Ducts Leads to Renal Hypoplasia, Hydronephrosis, and Hydroureter. Cells Tissues Organs. 2017;204:38-48 pubmed publisher..This study showed for the first time that sustained Smo inhibits postnatal kidney development by suppressing the proliferation of the mesenchyme and medullary collecting ducts in mice. ..
- Little A, Okkotsu Y, Reinhart A, Damron F, Barbier M, Barrett B, et al. Pseudomonas aeruginosa AlgR Phosphorylation Status Differentially Regulates Pyocyanin and Pyoverdine Production. MBio. 2018;9: pubmed publisher..Interestingly, AlgR-dependent pyoverdine production was responsive to carbon source, indicating that this regulation has additional complexities that merit further study. ..
- Chaudhuri P, Rosenbaum M, Sinharoy P, Damron D, Birnbaumer L, Graham L. Membrane translocation of TRPC6 channels and endothelial migration are regulated by calmodulin and PI3 kinase activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:2110-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that lysoPC induces CaM phosphorylation at Tyr(99) by a Src family kinase and that phosphorylated CaM activates PI3K to produce PIP3, which promotes TRPC6 translocation to the cell membrane. ..
- Forde H, Harper E, Davenport C, Rochfort K, Wallace R, Murphy R, et al. The beneficial pleiotropic effects of tumour necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) within the vasculature: A review of the evidence. Atherosclerosis. 2016;247:87-96 pubmed publisher..To this end, extensive in vitro, in vivo, and clinical studies will be reviewed and critical findings highlighted. ..
- Agarwal S, Ghosh R, Chen Z, Lakoma A, Gunaratne P, Kim E, et al. Transmembrane adaptor protein PAG1 is a novel tumor suppressor in neuroblastoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:24018-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, reactivation of PAG1 and inhibition of c-Src kinase activity represents an important novel therapeutic approach for high-risk NB. ..
- Borbolis F, Flessa C, Roumelioti F, Diallinas G, Stravopodis D, Syntichaki P. Neuronal function of the mRNA decapping complex determines survival of Caenorhabditis elegans at high temperature through temporal regulation of heterochronic gene expression. Open Biol. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..Our work unveils the crucial role of 5'-3' mRNA degradation in proper regulation of heterochronic gene expression programmes, which proved to be essential for survival under stressful conditions. ..
- Duan J, Li M, Hao Z, Shen X, Liu L, Jin Y, et al. Subinhibitory concentrations of resveratrol reduce alpha-hemolysin production in Staphylococcus aureus isolates by downregulating saeRS. Emerg Microbes Infect. 2018;7:136 pubmed publisher..These findings have provided more evidence of the potential of resveratrol as a drug for resisting S. aureus infections. ..
- Service R. Biosecurity. Synthetic biologists debate policing themselves. Science. 2006;312:1116 pubmed
- Vatne S, Holmes C. Limit setting in mental health: historical factors and suggestions as to its rationale. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs. 2006;13:588-97 pubmed..The account draws on the work of critical psychiatry, as well as on recent research concerning the discourses and practices of mental health nurses, and concludes that these dual functions are inherent to the psychiatric project. ..