Summary: Use for articles on the investing of funds for income or profit.
- Kenett D, Shapira Y, Madi A, Bransburg Zabary S, Gur Gershgoren G, Ben Jacob E. Index cohesive force analysis reveals that the US market became prone to systemic collapses since 2002. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19378 pubmed publisher..Doing so shed new light on the origin and nature of the current crisis. The new approach is likely to be applicable to other classes of complex systems from gene networks to the human brain. ..
- Ma W, Chen H, Jiang L, Song G, Kan H. Stock volatility as a risk factor for coronary heart disease death. Eur Heart J. 2011;32:1006-11 pubmed publisher..We found that CHD deaths fluctuated with daily stock changes in Shanghai, suggesting that stock volatility may adversely affect cardiovascular health. ..
- Jeuland M, Whittington D. Cost-benefit comparisons of investments in improved water supply and cholera vaccination programs. Vaccine. 2009;27:3109-20 pubmed publisherThis paper presents the first cost-benefit comparison of improved water supply investments and cholera vaccination programs...
- Feng L, Li B, Podobnik B, Preis T, Stanley H. Linking agent-based models and stochastic models of financial markets. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:8388-93 pubmed publisher..memory of absolute and squared price returns: They are directly linked to the way investors evaluate their investments by applying technical strategies at different investment horizons, and this quantitative relationship is in ..
- Thomson H. A dose of realism for healthy urban policy: lessons from area-based initiatives in the UK. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2008;62:932-6 pubmed publisher..Hypotheses that these investments can contribute to wider public health strategies are based on epidemiological data and used to support the ..
- Rosenberg L. Exceptional economic returns on investments in medical research. Med J Aust. 2002;177:368-71 pubmed..Australia, whose investment in medical research is less than 10% that of the United States, should increase its national commitment. ..
- Rosegrant M, Meijer S. Appropriate food policies and investments could reduce child malnutrition by 43% in 2020. J Nutr. 2002;132:3437S-40S pubmed..model is used to project child malnutrition to 2020 under alternative assumptions on policies and investments that influence food security outcomes in education, clean water, agricultural research, irrigation and rural ..
- Ferraro P, Kiss A. Ecology. Direct payments to conserve biodiversity. Science. 2002;298:1718-9 pubmed
- Bolin K, Lindgren B, Lindstrom M, Nystedt P. Investments in social capital--implications of social interactions for the production of health. Soc Sci Med. 2003;56:2379-90 pubmed..Further, we find that the level of social capital (1) declines with age, (2) is lower for those married or cohabiting, and (3) is lower for men than for women. ..
- Gilmore A, McKee M. Tobacco and transition: an overview of industry investments, impact and influence in the former Soviet Union. Tob Control. 2004;13:136-42 pubmed..Cigarette production capacity in the factories receiving investments tripled from 146 to 416 billion cigarettes per annum and the TTCs' market share has increased from nothing to ..
- Barry M, Bialek R. Tracking our investments in public health: what have we learned?. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2004;10:383-92 pubmed..The article also explores how what we have learned can be used for developing and implementing a system today to meet public health and public policy needs. ..
- Brogan D, Mossialos E. Applying the concepts of financial options to stimulate vaccine development. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2006;5:641-7 pubmed publisher..Our Call Options for Vaccines (COV) model allows the purchaser to make payments during the early stages of development in exchange for reduced future prices. We conclude with a discussion of possible risks and benefits. ..
- Schmid E, Smith D. R&D technology investments: misguided and expensive or a better way to discover medicines?. Drug Discov Today. 2006;11:775-84 pubmed..It is said that expensive investments in technology have not paid off...
- Zauberman G, Lynch J. Resource slack and propensity to discount delayed investments of time versus money. J Exp Psychol Gen. 2005;134:23-37 pubmed..They use this framework to explain differential propensity to delay investments and receipts of time and money.
- Lo A, Repin D. The psychophysiology of real-time financial risk processing. J Cogn Neurosci. 2002;14:323-39 pubmed..We also observe significant differences in these physiological responses across the 10 traders that may be systematically related to the traders' levels of experience. ..
- Sackett K, Pope R, Erdley W. Demonstrating a positive return on investment for a prenatal program at a managed care organization. An economic analysis. J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2004;18:117-27 pubmed..This article describes the ROI for a prenatal program developed at a Western New York Managed Care Organization (MCO). A positive ROI for the program under study will be demonstrated using a model of economic analysis. ..
- King D. The scientific impact of nations. Nature. 2004;430:311-6 pubmed
- Shiv B, Loewenstein G, Bechara A, Damasio H, Damasio A. Investment behavior and the negative side of emotion. Psychol Sci. 2005;16:435-9 pubmed..Target patients made more advantageous decisions and ultimately earned more money from their investments than the normal participants and control patients...
- Ferraro P, Pattanayak S. Money for nothing? A call for empirical evaluation of biodiversity conservation investments. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e105 pubmed
- Chok J, Qian J. Do executives' backgrounds matter to IPO investors? Evidence from the life science industry. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60911 pubmed publisher..The results provide tentative support for the notion that investors infer corporate strategies from senior executives' industry backgrounds. ..
- Krentz S. Navigating the downturn. Economic tough times often translate into more bad debt and charity care for hospitals. Interview by Anthony Guerra. Healthc Inform. 2008;25:48A, 50A pubmed
- Rani M, Bekedam H, Buckley B. Improving health research governance and management in the Western Pacific: a WHO expert consultation. J Evid Based Med. 2011;4:204-13 pubmed publisherRepeated calls have been made in recent decades to increase investments in health research, especially in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC)...
- O Donnell M, Roizen M. The SmokingPaST Framework: illustrating the impact of quit attempts, quit methods, and new smokers on smoking prevalence, years of life saved, medical costs saved, programming costs, cost effectiveness, and return on investment. Am J Health Promot. 2011;26:e11-23 pubmed publisher..Savings are especially important for reducing state and federal government deficits and enhancing job competitiveness. ..
- Guglielmo W. Selling your practice in a buyer's market. Med Econ. 2008;85:20-2, 25-6 pubmed
- Anderson C, Zhang Y. Security market reaction to FDA fast track designations. J Health Care Finance. 2010;37:27-48 pubmed..Institutional ownership and analyst attention also increase. Market response is more pronounced for firms that are smaller, do not yet market products, and have low institutional ownership. ..
- Crean K. Accelerating innovation in information and communication technology for health. Health Aff (Millwood). 2010;29:278-83 pubmed publisher..Specialized financing techniques and sustained support from investors can spur the expansion of mature technologies to larger markets, accelerating global health impacts. ..
- Kessler K. SDIF. Bull Am Coll Surg. 2006;91:32 pubmed
- Mersereau N. MSMS launches a pilot wealth management program for members. Mich Med. 2008;107:9 pubmed
- Butrica B, Smith K, Toder E. What the 2008 stock market crash means for retirement security. J Aging Soc Policy. 2010;22:339-59 pubmed publisher..They may even gain income if they buy stocks at low prices and get above-average rates of return. High-income groups will be the most affected because they are most likely to have financial assets and to be invested in the stock market. ..
- Galloro V. AHA to get post-holiday bonus. Umbdenstock says AHA not a venture capitalist. Mod Healthc. 2007;37:17 pubmed
- Richard P, West K, Ku L. The return on investment of a Medicaid tobacco cessation program in Massachusetts. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29665 pubmed publisher..Further federal and state policy actions to promote and cover comprehensive tobacco cessation services in Medicaid may be a cost-effective approach to improve health outcomes for low-income populations. ..
- Chao Y, Liu X, Guo S. Sign realized jump risk and the cross-section of stock returns: Evidence from China's stock market. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181990 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we should pay high attention to the downside tail risk and the upside tail risk. ..
- Fernández J, Stein R, Lo A. Commercializing biomedical research through securitization techniques. Nat Biotechnol. 2012;30:964-75 pubmed..9–11.4% for equity holders and 5–8% for 'research-backed obligation' holders, which are lower than typical venture-capital hurdle rates but attractive to pension funds, insurance companies and other large institutional investors. ..
- Abernethy A, Bull J, Whitten E, Shelby R, Wheeler J, Taylor D. Targeted investment improves access to hospice and palliative care. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2013;46:629-39 pubmed publisher..01); on average, funded counties had a DSR that was 2.63 percentage points higher than unfunded counties. Receipt of philanthropic funding appeared to be associated with improved access to palliative care and hospice services in NC. ..
- Jeffery H, Bannard D. SEC actions compel new focus on disclosure. Healthc Financ Manage. 2013;67:106-10, 112 pubmed
- Bao W, Yue J, Rao Y. A deep learning framework for financial time series using stacked autoencoders and long-short term memory. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180944 pubmed publisher..Results show that the proposed model outperforms other similar models in both predictive accuracy and profitability performance. ..
- Szolnoki A, Perc M. Decelerated invasion and waning-moon patterns in public goods games with delayed distribution. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2013;87:054801 pubmed..that are brought about by the delayed distribution of goods that accumulate in groups due to the continuous investments of cooperators...
- McMahon D, Thorsteinsdóttir H. Making stem cells count for global health. Regen Med. 2011;6:163-6 pubmed publisherDeveloping countries such as China, India and Brazil are making large investments in the stem cell field...
- So A, Gupta N, Brahmachari S, Chopra I, Munos B, Nathan C, et al. Towards new business models for R&D for novel antibiotics. Drug Resist Updat. 2011;14:88-94 pubmed publisher..To effect these changes, both public and private sector stakeholders must show greater commitment to an R&D agenda that will address this problem, not only for industrialized countries but also globally. ..
- Jones B. Investing in science: securing future prosperity. Br J Radiol. 2011;84:389-92 pubmed publisher..This article discusses the impact of these issues along with some tentative suggestions on how to improve these, with particular reference to the radiological sciences. ..
- Berument H, Dogan N. Effects of Daylight Saving Time changes on stock market volatility: a reply. Psychol Rep. 2011;109:863-78 pubmed..Empirical evidence suggests that the positive relationship between return and volatility becomes negative on the Mondays following DST changes. ..
- Brooks A, Capra C, Berns G. Neural insensitivity to upticks in value is associated with the disposition effect. Neuroimage. 2012;59:4086-93 pubmed publisher..This suggests that for some individuals, the disposition effect is likely driven by a belief that the asset will eventually return to the purchase price, also known as mean reversion. ..
- Nelson F. Conservation and aid: designing more effective investments in natural resource governance reform. Conserv Biol. 2009;23:1102-8 pubmed publisher..Greater emphasis in African conservation financing needs to be placed on flexible, small-scale investments aligned to local interests and constituencies that prioritize innovation, learning, and experimentation...
- Olsen A, Whitman K. Effective retirement savings programs: design features and financial education. Soc Secur Bull. 2007;67:53-72 pubmed
- Komatsu R, Lee D, Lusti Narasimhan M, Martineau T, Vinh Thomas E, Beer D, et al. Sexual and reproductive health activities in HIV programmes: can we monitor progress?. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2011;65:199-204 pubmed publisher..Around 94% of HIV programmes supported SRH-related activities. However, there is a need to systematically capture data on SRH-HIV service integration to understand the benefits of linking these services. ..
- Greene S, Reiter K, Kilpatrick K, Leatherman S, Somers S, Hamblin A. Searching for a business case for quality in Medicaid managed care. Health Care Manage Rev. 2008;33:350-60 pubmed publisher..Developing the necessary tracking systems for the claims and financial investments is critical to perform accurate financial ROI analyses.
- Shell M. Everyone gets what they want from "the market". Tenn Med. 2008;101:30 pubmed