Summary: Institutional funding for facilities and for equipment which becomes a part of the assets of the institution.
- Burda D. Let our coverage help you cope. The current financial crisis will create trying times for healthcare industry. Mod Healthc. 2008;38:22 pubmed
- White J. Markets and medical care: the United States, 1993-2005. Milbank Q. 2007;85:395-448 pubmed..At least in the United States' labor and capital markets, competition has shown little ability to rationalize health care systems because its goals do not resemble those of the health care system most people want. ..
- Kinmon T. Secondhand need not mean second-best. Why you should consider buying used imaging equipment. MGMA Connex. 2009;9:32-4, 1 pubmed..New imaging equipment tempts many a medical group, but steep price tags can make you hesitate. Why not consider used devices for lower outlay, similar service and identical reimbursement? ..
- Jung M. [Innovations: from the idea to market readiness]. Chirurg. 2006;Suppl:353 pubmed
- Thompson C, McKee M. An analysis of hospital capital planning and financing in three European countries: Using the principal-agent approach to identify the potential for economic problems. Health Policy. 2011;99:158-66 pubmed publisher..We conclude that hospital planning processes should be informed by an explicit understanding of the powerful groups involved and their divergent preferences and utilities. ..
- Lawrence S. Financing flees in Q3. Nat Biotechnol. 2006;24:1312 pubmed
- Ollie E, Kolb Collier D, Clay S. Defending A+: how to maintain a high credit rating during a facilities overhaul. Healthc Financ Manage. 2007;61:114-8, 120 pubmed..Developed robust financial projections. Avoided reliance on a "build it and they will come" strategy. Managed construction cost risks. Minimized construction disruption. Anticipated financial market concerns and questions ..
- Lawrence S. Shift toward early-stage deals favors biotechs. Nat Biotechnol. 2006;24:6 pubmed
- Lexa F. Medical entrepreneurism: the current opportunity in America. J Am Coll Radiol. 2004;1:762-8 pubmed..The magnitude of current investment in the domestic biomedical field is addressed, and future prospects for American medical innovation are briefly discussed. ..
- Murer C. REITs: A growing health care financing option. Rehab Manag. 2006;19:52-4 pubmed
- Vianueva D. Healthcare capital projects: how to avoid common problems. Healthc Financ Manage. 2011;65:86-90 pubmed..Failure to engage proper outside assistance. Limited management experience with large capital projects. Lack of predefined internal process management. Inefficient organizational feedback channels. ..
- Nelson E, Sack D, Wolfson L, Walker D, Seng L, Steele D. Financing children's vaccines. Vaccine. 2009;27 Suppl 5:F12-7 pubmed publisher..World Health Organization has a wealth of freely available country-level data on immunisation that academics and advocates can use to communicate the economic and health benefits of vaccines to decision-makers. ..
- Hamad R, Fernald L. Microcredit participation and nutrition outcomes among women in Peru. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2012;66:e1 pubmed publisher..Further research should explore more definitive causal pathways through which these effects may occur and should examine the effects on other household members. ..
- Muga H, Mihelcic J. Sustainability of wastewater treatment technologies. J Environ Manage. 2008;88:437-47 pubmed
- Skorup T. Evaluating new products and technology: getting the most value for your organization. Healthc Financ Manage. 2008;62:96-9, 101-2 pubmed..Establishing effective processes. Ensuring the committee has the appropriate clinical expertise. Securing senior-level participation. Addressing organizational fit. Defining the scope of the committee. Strategic posturing. ..
- Ettinger A, Blondell C. The clinician's guide to composing effective business plans. J Med Pract Manage. 2011;26:348-56 pubmed
- McCarthy D, Donald P, Scharlemann J, Buchanan G, Balmford A, Green J, et al. Financial costs of meeting global biodiversity conservation targets: current spending and unmet needs. Science. 2012;338:946-9 pubmed publisher..S. $65.1 billion annually. Adding sites for other taxa increases this to U.S. $76.1 billion annually. Meeting these targets will require conservation funding to increase by at least an order of magnitude. ..
- Bromley H. Risky business--health care finance and the VA. Physician Exec. 2008;34:42-4, 46-7 pubmed..Learn how the Department of Veteran's Affairs could analyze risk and return on patients and health care costs using the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM). ..
- Grundy Q, Held F, Bero L. A Social Network Analysis of the Financial Links Backing Health and Fitness Apps. Am J Public Health. 2017;107:1783-1788 pubmed publisher..To identify the major stakeholders in mobile health app development and to describe their financial relationships using social network analysis...
- Kostyanev T, Bonten M, O BRIEN S, Steel H, Ross S, FranÃ§ois B, et al. The Innovative Medicines Initiative's New Drugs for Bad Bugs programme: European public-private partnerships for the development of new strategies to tackle antibiotic resistance. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:290-5 pubmed publisher..ND4BB unites expertise and provides a platform where the commitment and resources required by all parties are streamlined into a joint public-private partnership initiative of unprecedented scale. ..
- Komenkul K, Kiranand S. Aftermarket Performance of Health Care and Biopharmaceutical IPOs: Evidence From ASEAN Countries. Inquiry. 2017;54:46958017727105 pubmed publisher..The Singaporean IPOs are characterized by a worse post-offering performance, whereas the IPOs of Malaysian and Thai health care companies performed better in the long-run...
- Stuhlmüller L. [Professional taxation problems in physician enterprises]. Chirurg. 2007;Suppl:303 pubmed
- Aldag J, Kessel M, Ibrahim A, Hill R, McCubbin P. Other ways of financing your company. Nat Biotechnol. 2008;26:155-7 pubmed..The public markets aren't what they used to be and venture capitalists are seeking investments with shorter timelines. But the good news is several new sources of financing are becoming available. ..
- Giles J. Tide of censure for African dams. Nature. 2006;440:393-4 pubmed
- Lawrence D. When sunset comes unexpectedly. A race to beat the clock got MaineGeneral medical center the system it needed. Healthc Inform. 2007;24:14, 16 pubmed
- Dubow M, Lykidis P. Ten steps to enhance long-term sustainability. Health Care Strateg Manage. 2006;24:1, 11-5 pubmed
- Bailit H, Beazoglou T, Formicola A, Tedesco L, Brown L, Weaver R. U.S. State-supported dental schools: financial projections and implications. J Dent Educ. 2006;70:246-57 pubmed..The future of the dental profession and the oral health of the American people depend on it. ..
- Raphaely R. Beyond the professional fee, Part 1: Basic legal issues for physicians investing in the technical side of healthcare services. J Med Pract Manage. 2006;21:225-7 pubmed..A natural option to consider is investment in healthcare entities or equipment in order to share in the technical fees generated by such entities or equipment. ..
- Grigoletti L, Amaddeo F, Grassi A, Boldrini M, Chiappelli M, Percudani M, et al. [Proposal for a new funding system for mental health departments. Results from an evaluative multicentre Italian study (I-psycost)]. Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc. 2006;15:295-306 pubmed..For these patients it might be possible to apply a prospective per-capita funding system based on packages of care. ..
- Bernet P, Rosko M, Valdmanis V. Hospital efficiency and debt. J Health Care Finance. 2008;34:66-88 pubmed..Finally, we find an increase in inefficiency in the years following bond issues, consistent with the possibility of a debt death spiral. ..
- Bazzoli G, Clement J, Lindrooth R, Chen H, Aydede S, Braun B, et al. Hospital financial condition and operational decisions related to the quality of hospital care. Med Care Res Rev. 2007;64:148-68 pubmed..Given the findings of earlier studies, these results suggest that poor outcomes may in part result from deterioration in supporting infrastructure and organizational processes. ..
- Haydar Z, Nicewander D, Convery P, Black M, Ballard D. Clinical quality is independently associated with favorable bond ratings. Am J Med Qual. 2010;25:181-5 pubmed publisher..We found a statistically significant relation between higher quality measures and more favorable bond ratings. This association remained significant after controlling for traditional financial parameters. ..
- Nordling L. Tapping into foundations. Nat Biotechnol. 2007;25:501-4 pubmed..Charitable foundations are increasingly looking to help promising drugs reach the market. Often the advice and networking opportunities they provide are as valuable as the funding. ..
- Kaufman K, Grube M. Hospital strategy in the current credit crisis: 7 must-do-actions. Trustee. 2008;61:28-30, 1 pubmed..Hospitals need to take seven "must-do" actions to survive the capital markets crisis. ..
- Carpenter D. Medical technologies can carry big payoff, big costs. How to assess needs and build strategies. Hosp Health Netw. 2008;82:suppl 4-7 pubmed
- McCue M, McCluer R. Financial and operational ratios for bond-insured hospitals. Hosp Top. 2008;86:3-7 pubmed publisher..The authors examined 87 insured bond issues; the results of this study show that some insurers cover healthcare facilities that have strong operational traits and others focus on financial factors. ..
- Williams D, Hammes P. Real options reasoning in healthcare: an integrative approach and synopsis. J Healthc Manag. 2007;52:170-86; discussion 187 pubmed..For practitioners, the implications are that thinking of and planning for capital investments as real options may create greater strategic and operating flexibility than other, more traditional approaches. ..
- Becker C. IRS to dig into bond records. Agency to survey select charities on record retention. Mod Healthc. 2007;37:16 pubmed
- Siu E, Tam E, Sin D, Ng C, Lam E, Chui M, et al. A survey of augmentative and alternative communication service provision in Hong Kong. Augment Altern Commun. 2010;26:289-98 pubmed publisher..Seventy-two percent of the respondents were dissatisfied with the training in AAC that they received during their basic professional preparation. More advocacy work is needed to increase awareness and knowledge of AAC use in Hong Kong. ..
- Knafo A, Israel S, Darvasi A, Bachner Melman R, Uzefovsky F, Cohen L, et al. Individual differences in allocation of funds in the dictator game associated with length of the arginine vasopressin 1a receptor RS3 promoter region and correlation between RS3 length and hippocampal mRNA. Genes Brain Behav. 2008;7:266-75 pubmed..The finding that the same gene contributing to social bonding in lower animals also appears to operate similarly in human behavior suggests a common evolutionary mechanism. ..
- Miller R, West C. The value of electronic health records in community health centers: policy implications. Health Aff (Millwood). 2007;26:206-14 pubmed..The evidence suggests that policies are needed that help CHCs to afford EHRs and produce more EHR-related QI gains, including through grants and QI performance rewards. ..
- McCue M, Kim T. Evaluating the underlying factors behind variable rate debt. Health Care Manage Rev. 2007;32:300-8 pubmed..In addition, this outcome may also reflect that investment bankers are doing a better job in educating senior hospital management about the interest rate savings benefit of variable rate compared with fixed rate debt. ..
- Melhado E. Health planning in the United States and the decline of public-interest policymaking. Milbank Q. 2006;84:359-440 pubmed..Whatever the deficiencies of traditional policymaking may be, this study suggests the need to resurrect extramarket values in health policy. ..
- Ransom J. Are small biotechs still underselling themselves?. Nat Biotechnol. 2006;24:477 pubmed
- Friedman J. Neuroprotective trials: no longer a cautious optimism. Med Health R I. 2008;91:158 pubmed
- Wong Hammond L, Damon L. Financing strategic plans for not-for-profits. Healthc Financ Manage. 2013;67:70-6 pubmed..Existing financial resources and finance options available to support the organization's business plan. Financial risk and return on equity to the organization's stakeholders (within acceptable parameters for business risk). ..
- Reiter K, Song P. The role of financial market performance in hospital capital investment. J Health Care Finance. 2011;37:38-50 pubmed..Using fixed-effects regression, we find a significant positive association between S&P 500 performance and hospitals' capital investment; investment is not correlated with ten-year Treasury bond performance. ..
- Levenstein C. The problems of micro-finance. New Solut. 2008;18:1 pubmed