dental health services
Summary: Services designed to promote, maintain, or restore dental health.
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- Oral health of children and adults in Latino migrant and seasonal farmworker familiesSara A Quandt
Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Division of Public Health Science, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1063, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 9:229-35. 2007..Differences among family members suggest that access to services, not lack of education, is the primary barrier facing farmworker families...
- Utilisation of dental services among a Turkish population in Witten, GermanyZ A Ugur
Ege University, Centre for Drug R and D and Pharmacokinetic Applications, Izmir, Turkey
Int Dent J 52:144-50. 2002..To describe the oral health status and the dental service use pattern of a Turkish population in Witten, Germany, and to assess the factors affecting this use pattern...
- Utilisation of dental services in Turkey: a cross-sectional surveyG Mumcu
Akatlar Zeytinoglu Caddesi Akay Sokak, Ozlem Sitesi B1 Blok, d 1, Etiler Istanbul, Turkey
Int Dent J 54:90-6. 2004..To assess the factors affecting the utilisation of dental service in Turkey...
- Dental and other health care visits among U.S. adults with diabetesS L Tomar
Division of Oral Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Diabetes Care 23:1505-10. 2000..For adults with diabetes, we compared the frequency of past-year dental visits with past-year visits for diabetes care, dilated eye examinations, and foot examinations...
- Utilization of dental services in Southern ChinaE C Lo
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Prince Philip Dental Hospital
J Dent Res 80:1471-4. 2001..In conclusion, dental service utilization among the adult Southern Chinese was found to be low, problem-driven, and influenced by some socio-economic factors...
- Parsimonious prediction model for the prevalence of dental visitsHazem Seirawan
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 36:401-8. 2008....
- Dental clinic attendance in Soweto, South Africa, before and after the introduction of free primary dental health servicesAhmed Bhayat
Dental Research Institute, Medical Research Council, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:105-10. 2003To compare patient attendance rates 1 year before and after the introduction of free primary dental health services in Soweto, South Africa.
- Social inequalities in oral health and in use of oral health care services among adolescents in UgandaI Okullo
Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Int J Paediatr Dent 14:326-35. 2004..Dental caries at different diagnostic cut-off points and weak social ties affected self-reported oral health negatively, independently of social and demographic characteristics...
- Barriers to and enablers of older adults' use of dental servicesH Asuman Kiyak
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Box 357134, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7134, USA
J Dent Educ 69:975-86. 2005..Each of these factors plays a role in older adults' use of dental services. Under different situations some serve as both barriers and enablers...
- A global perspective on changes in the burden of caries and periodontitis: implications for dentistryV Baelum
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
J Oral Rehabil 34:872-906; discussion 940. 2007....
- Do young adults demand more dental services as their income increases?Jostein Grytten
Institute of Community Dentistry, University of Oslo, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 30:463-9. 2002..Our results imply that future policies for dental manpower should take into account the lower income elasticity for young adults compared to for older adults, and that future needs for dental personnel should be planned accordingly...
- From victim blaming to upstream action: tackling the social determinants of oral health inequalitiesRichard Geddie Watt
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 35:1-11. 2007..The aim of this article is to stimulate discussion and debate on the future development of oral health improvement strategies...
- Oral health and use of dental services among HispanicsDenice C L Stewart
School of Dentistry, Oregon Health and Science University, 611 SW Campus Drive, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Public Health Dent 62:84-91. 2002..This study examined factors related to oral health and dental service use among Mexican-Americans, Cuban-Americans, and Puerto Ricans from the Hispanic Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1982-84 (HHANES)...
- Effectiveness of dental services in facilitating recovery from oral disadvantageMonica A Fisher
Department of Diagnostic Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0007, USA
Qual Life Res 14:197-206. 2005....
- Access to dental care--experiences of men with HIV infection in the United KingdomP G Robinson
University College Dental Hospital, London, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:306-8. 1993..Dedicated dental clinics act as an important safety-net for people with HIV infection...
- Comparison of utilization of dental care services among Chinese- and Russian-speaking immigrant eldersBei Wu
Center on Aging and Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, P O Box 9127, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
J Public Health Dent 65:97-103. 2005..The purpose of the study was to identify factors predictive of use of dental services among Chinese- and Russian-speaking immigrant elders...
- Quality assessment of dental health services provided at the Faculty of Dentistry, King Abdulaziz UniversityAli H Hassan
Preventive Dental Sciences Department, Faculty of Dentistry, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
J Egypt Public Health Assoc 80:203-32. 2005..The objectives of this research were to assess the quality of dental services delivered in King Abdulaziz University and highlight the necessary recommendations that would improve it...
- Changing dentate status of adults, use of dental health services, and achievement of national dental health goals in Denmark by the year 2000Poul Erik Petersen
University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, Department for Community Dentistry, Nørre Allé 20, 2200 København N, Denmark
J Public Health Dent 64:127-35. 2004This study analyzes the current profile of dentate status and use of dental health services among adults in Denmark at the turn of the millennium, assesses the impact on dentate status of sociodemographic factors and use of dental health ..
- Provision of diagnostic and preventive services in general dental practiceD S Brennan
AIHW Dental Statistics and Research Unit, Dental School, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Adelaide, Australia
Community Dent Health 20:5-10. 2003..Many emergency patients and those with oral diseases present missed the benefits of prevention...
- Perceived need and use of oral health services among adolescents and adults in TanzaniaH J Mosha
Central Oral Health Unit, Ministry of Health, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:129-32. 1993..8 (95% CI: 39.0-121.4). The findings in the study may be useful in the attempts to implement Tanzania's National Plan for Oral Health...
- Use of health care services in two rural communities in TanzaniaP T Sarita
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:133-5. 1993..05). It seems that the pattern of utilization of health care services differs for medical and dental problems. This should be taken into account when planning comprehensive health care services for rural African societies...
- Oral health is global healthDeborah Greenspan
Department of Orofacial Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of California-San Francisco, Box 0422, Room S-612, San Francisco, CA 94143-0422, USA
J Dent Res 86:485. 2007
- Should dentists become 'oral physicians'? No, dentistry must remain dentistryLeon A Assael
Oregon Health and Sciences University, School of Dentistry, Portland, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 135:439, 441, 443 passim. 2004..Thus, good oral health will be thoroughly integrated into what it means to be healthy...
- A Dental Hygiene Professional Practice Index (DHPPI) and access to oral health status and service use in the United StatesPaul Wing
Center for Health Workforce Studies, School of Public Health, State University of New York, Albany, USA
J Dent Hyg 79:10. 2005....
- Defining the need for dental care in North Carolina: contributions of public health surveillance of dental diseases and conditionsR Gary Rozier
Department of Health Policy and Administration, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
N C Med J 66:438-44. 2005
- National evaluation of personal dental services (PDS) pilots: main findings and policy implicationsN Goodwin
Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham, 40 Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham, B15 2RT
Br Dent J 195:640-3. 2003
- Assuring the accessibility of basic dental care services: issues of workforce supply, organization of care, and educationKristen L Dubay
North Carolina Institute of Medicine, USA
N C Med J 66:430-7. 2005
- Strengthening the oral health safety net: delivery models that improve access to oral health care for uninsured and underserved populationsAllan J Formicola
Am J Public Health 94:702-4. 2004
- A comparison of dental treatment utilization and costs by HMO members living in fluoridated and nonfluoridated areasGerardo Maupome
Oral Health Research Institute, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 415 Lansing Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2876, USA
J Public Health Dent 67:224-33. 2007..To compare dental treatment experiences and costs in members of a health maintenance organization (HMO) in areas with and without community water fluoridation...
- [Disparities in the Israeli oral healthcare delivery system]T Horev
Dept. of Health Policy and Management, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheba
Refuat Hapeh Vehashinayim 21:35-42, 100. 2004..The findings can serve as a red flag for over-reliance on private funding in the health system, and may indicate the need for rethinking about the current oral healthcare policy in Israel...
- Oral health in SyriaN Beiruti
School Health Department, Jisser Alabiad Square, Damascus, Syria
Int Dent J 54:383-8. 2004....
- Oral health in the pediatric practice setting: a survey of Washington State pediatriciansCharlotte W Lewis
Division of General Pediatrics, Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Box 354920, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Public Health Dent 64:111-4. 2004..Pediatric health care providers may be the only source of preventive oral health education for families of young children who lack access to professional dental care...
- Periodontal conditions and service utilization behaviors in a low income adult populationWesley L Hanson
Department of Periodontics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Oral Health Prev Dent 1:99-109. 2003....
- Oral health in IranHamid Reza Pakshir
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Dental Faculty, Orthodontic Department, Shiraz, Iran
Int Dent J 54:367-72. 2004..instituting water fluoridation, improving access to fissure sealants and regular dental care, and finally promoting dental health services toward minimum treatment intervention and effective preventive strategies and health promotion.
- [State of oral health of adults and the elderly in Hungary]Judit Szoke
Semmelweis Egyetem, , Budapest
Fogorv Sz 97:219-29. 2004..Greater emphasis on risk- and preventive orientated praxis and management is needed; increased individual activities and financial support are also required...
- Evaluation of the Ministry of Health school oral health programme in the West Bank region of PalestineE Kateeb
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, USA
East Mediterr Health J 13:595-607. 2007..In-depth interviews with stakeholders identified the strengths and weaknesses of the screening programme and recommendations for improvements...
- Dental status and oral health quality of life in economically disadvantaged French adultsStephanie Tubert-Jeannin
Department of Public Health, School of Dentistry, University of Clermont Ferrand, France
Spec Care Dentist 24:264-9. 2004..Cost of care and number of carious teeth were important predictors of the GOHAI...
- Thoughts on access to (free) careJeffery W Johnston
J Mich Dent Assoc 89:18. 2007
- Establishing, funding, and sustaining a university outreach program in oral healthJames A Lalumandier
School of Dental Medicine, Department of Community Dentistry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 23:250-4. 2004..This paper describes the process that Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine used to develop an outreach program to address the needs of underserved children in Cleveland, Ohio...
- Improving the oral health of older people: the approach of the WHO Global Oral Health ProgrammePoul Erik Petersen
WHO Global Oral Health Programme, Department for Chronic Disease and Health Promotion, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 33:81-92. 2005..Operational research and efforts to translate science into practice are to be encouraged. WHO supports national capacity building in the oral health of older people through intercountry and interregional exchange of experiences...
- [Oral health in the Brazilian Family Health Program: a health care model evaluation]Tatyana Maria Silva de Souza
Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Avenida das Alagoas 1689, Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 23:2727-39. 2007..In conclusion, public policies that include aspects beyond the health sector are decisive for a real change in health care models...
- A review of the literature: the economic impact of preventive dental hygiene servicesStull C Sharon
Gene W Hirschfeld School of Dental Hygiene, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
J Dent Hyg 79:11. 2005....
- Improving the oral health of Alaska NativesEugene Sekiguchi
American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2678, USA
Am J Public Health 95:769-73. 2005..A strategy that combines addressing the disease currently present and preventing the occurrence of disease in the long run is the only strategy that offers a sustainable solution...
- Oral health and primary health organisationsStewart Edward
N Z Dent J 99:61-2. 2003
- Does Medicaid improve utilization of medical and dental services and health outcomes for Medicaid-eligible children in the United States?Monica A Fisher
Case Western Reserve University, Department of Orthodontics, Cleveland, OH 44106 4905, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 35:263-71. 2007..Data are lacking to support the contention that Medicaid services improve utilization of healthcare services and result in better health...
- Necessary care in a broken system: the health care delivery crisis and oral healthLeon A Assael
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1243-4. 2003
- Community approaches to a national problem: oral health. Part 1Deborah Katz
School Nurse News 20:40-2. 2003
- Cruise medicine: the dental perspective on health care for passengers during a world cruiseBernhard A J Sobotta
Department of Prosthodontics and Materials Science, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Travel Med 15:19-24. 2008..Although more than 100 million passengers have taken a cruise since 1980, it is not known what dental treatment needs occur at sea...
- Oral health and quality of life of migrant and seasonal farmworkers in North CarolinaS A Quandt
Division of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, 27157 1063, USA
J Agric Saf Health 13:45-55. 2007..Because national data indicate that fewer farmworkers are returning to their countries of origin, communities with large farmworker populations need to address their unmet needs for dental care...
- About children's oral health needsM Weitzman
American Academy of Pediatrics Center for Child Health Research and University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
Ambul Pediatr 1:162-6. 2001..But much more is still needed, and there is a great deal that the pediatric community can do to help...
- Oral health is the measure of a just societyHenrie M Treadwell
National Center for Primary Care at Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 18:12-20. 2007..Here we champion the need for a national health plan that includes oral health care to promote social justice and oral health for all...
- A "health commons" approach to oral health for low-income populations in a rural stateStephen Beetstra
Department of Surgery, Division of Dental Services, University of New Mexico, 900 Camino de Salud NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5019, USA
Am J Public Health 92:12-3. 2002..A coalition of motivated stakeholders includes community leaders, safety net providers, legislators, insurers, and medical, dental, and public health providers...
- Oral health status and oral treatment needs of dependent elderly people in ChristchurchGordon Carter
Oral Health Centre, Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
N Z Med J 117:U892. 2004..To describe the general health, oral health status, and treatment needs of dependent older people living in Christchurch rest homes...
- Equitable access to dental care for an at-risk group: a review of services for Australian refugeesNatasha Davidson
Victorian Immigrant Health Program, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 31:73-80. 2007....
- Access to care - what can the United States learn from other countries?William R Maas
Division of Oral Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 34:232-40. 2006..The discovery of best practices and lessons learned in the financing and organization of dental care may begin by comparing US experiences with those of other countries...
- Household expenditure in dental health care: national estimations in Mexico for 2000, 2002, and 2004Ricardo Pérez Núñez
Centro de Investigación en Sistemas de Salud del Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
J Public Health Dent 67:234-42. 2007..To estimate the expenditure on dental care of Mexican households, analyze their trends, and determine the factors associated with the decision to spend and the amount of money spent in 2000, 2002, and 2004...
- Dental knowledge, attitudes towards oral health care and utilization of dental services among male industrial workers with or without an employer-provided dental benefit schemeJ Ahlberg
Department of Dental Public Health, University of Helsinki, Finland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 24:380-4. 1996..Our results demonstrate a positive impact of subsidization on the utilization of dental services...
- Use of oral health care services and oral findings in children with special needs in Lagos, NigeriaFolakemi A Oredugba
Department of Child Dental Health, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Idi Araba, Lagos, Nigeria
Spec Care Dentist 26:59-65. 2006..This study concluded that CSN and children from lower socioeconomic levels did not adequately utilize dental facilities in Lagos. Preventive programs in schools and the development of dental clinics in or near their schools could help...
- Oral health care in Canada--a view from the trenchesPatricia Main
Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
J Can Dent Assoc 72:319. 2006..This paper reports the results of that survey...
- Use of dental services among Danish youths: role of the social environment, the individual, and the delivery systemI Lissau
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Royal Dental College Copenhagen, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 17:109-16. 1989..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's response to improving the nation's oral healthJudith Stavisky
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, New Jersey 08543-2316, USA
Am J Prev Med 23:13-5. 2002
- Reviews of evidence on interventions to prevent dental caries, oral and pharyngeal cancers, and sports-related craniofacial injuriesBenedict I Truman
Office of the Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Prev Med 23:21-54. 2002..These reviews form the basis of recommendations by the Task Force on Community Preventive Services (the Task Force) about the use of these selected interventions. The Task Force recommendations are presented in this supplement...
- A comparison of selected evidence reviews and recommendations on interventions to prevent dental caries, oral and pharyngeal cancers, and sports-related craniofacial injuriesBarbara F Gooch
Division of Oral Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Prev Med 23:55-80. 2002
- Health as a human right: implications for the dental professionMary Robinson
Eur J Dent Educ 12:9-10. 2008
- Oral status and treatment needs among elderly within municipal long-term care 2002-2004Rita Isaksson
Maxillo Facial Unit, Halmstad Hospital, Halmstad, Sweden
Swed Dent J 31:45-52. 2007..In sum, prevention efforts both from the dental profession and from other care providers are important to achieve and maintain acceptable oral status...
- Inequalities in access to education and healthcareJ Nunn
Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Dent Educ 12:30-9. 2008..Governments need to lead on developing initiatives to attract, support and retain a competent workforce...
- A comprehensive approach to improve the oral health of students in Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaJan Kostek
Capital Health, Community Health Services, Eastwood Public Health Centre, 7919 118 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5B OR5
J Sch Health 72:387-9. 2002
- The paradox of dental need in a population-based study of dentate adultsGregg H Gilbert
Department of Diagnostic Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0007, USA
Med Care 41:119-34. 2003..Studies typically find that predisposing and enabling factors strongly predict dental utilization, but that need factors do not. However, few longitudinal studies have been conducted, and few have comprehensively measured dental need...
- Oral health disparities in the United StatesAmit Chattopadhyay
Department of Epidemiology, University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Dent Clin North Am 52:297-318, vi. 2008..Different states have initiated a series of steps as tools to document, assess, develop strategies, and monitor progress in efforts to eliminate or reduce oral health disparities in the United States...
- Self-reported oral health perceptions of Somali adults in Minnesota: a pilot studyC Okunseri
Dental Public Health Program, Department of Clinical Services, Marquette University School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
Int J Dent Hyg 6:114-8. 2008..To assess self-reported oral health perceptions and associated factors in an adult Somali population living in Minnesota, USA...
- Primary health care approach. Its relevance to oral health in NigeriaE Ndiokwelu
Department of Preventive Dentistry College of Medicine-Enugu Campus, Nigeria
Odontostomatol Trop 25:29-32. 2002..This article has tried to show the relevance of the strategy of primary health care to oral health. It concludes that primary health care approach is very relevant to oral health in Nigeria...
- Utilization of dental health services among middle-aged people in Sweden and DenmarkMats Kronstrom
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Odontology, Malmo University, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 60:276-80. 2002..The different insurance systems along with different degrees of commercialization in the two countries might be the most decisive factors in this context...
- Survey of oral health practices among adults in a North Carolina Hispanic populationMariola Luciano
University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, USA
J Dent Hyg 82:20. 2008..The purpose of this study was to collect baseline data pertaining to the oral health of Hispanics residing in Siler City, NC, a microcosm of the flourishing Latino growth found especially in the southeastern United States...
- Future of dentistry: access to care. Today's vision: tomorrow's realityJeanne P Altieri
J Am Dent Assoc 133:1408-24. 2002
- Patients' health in contract and fee-for-service care. I. A descriptive comparisonVeronica Johansson
Department of Oral Public Health, Malmo University, Sweden
Swed Dent J 31:27-34. 2007..In conclusion, patients in contract care had better general health and OHRQoL than patients in fee-for-service care. There were social differences in choice of financial system and biased non-response...
- Chapter 5.10: major public health problems - dental healthAgneta Ekman
National Board of Health and Welfare, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Public Health Suppl 67:139-46. 2006
- Oral health status of a long-term-care, veteran populationR J Weyant
Department of Public Health and Community Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:227-33. 1993..status of VA nursing home care units (NHCU) residents and to develop a methodology for estimating future dental health services utilization. This study describes the oral health status of the study population...
- Evaluation of governmental dental health services in rural health centers in EgyptA A Wissa
Community Dentistry Department, Ahmed Maher Hospital, Ministry of Health, Cairo, Egypt
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 16:16-8. 1988..Most of the treatments performed were extractions (52.52%), while conservative treatments were minimal (0.85%). Prosthetic treatments were not available in these centers...
- Dental caries among Australian Aboriginal, non-Aboriginal Australian-born, and overseas-born childrenM J Davies
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare Dental Statistics, University of Adelaide, Australia
Bull World Health Organ 75:197-203. 1997..children and a deterioration in that of Aboriginal children; this tendency has important implications for dental health services. This study compared the caries experience among a weighted sample of Community Dental Service patients ..
- Caries treatment through 30 years in children and adolescents in Asker, NorwayF R von der Fehr
Department of Cariology, Dental Faculty, University of Oslo, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 23:193-9. 1995Asker is a capital suburb where a preventive philosophy has guided the public dental health services for decades. In the period studied the child population aged 3-13 yr increased from 3208 to 6008...
- Caries development after termination of a fluoride rinsing programJ Heidmann
Department of Child Dental Health, Royal Dental College, Aarhus, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 20:118-21. 1992..clinically by the dentists in the municipal dental service using the diagnostic criteria for the Child Dental Health Services, and on bitewing radiographs by one of the authors applying the criteria developed by GRONDAHL et al...
- Tooth loss and dental caries in institutionalized elderly in ItalyI F Angelillo
Institute of Hygiene, Medical School, University of Reggio Calabria, Catanzaro, Italy
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 18:216-8. 1990..9. Analysis of the results showed poor dental health in this target group and the necessity of improving the dental health services programs for the elderly living in institutions.
- Oral health care for patients on dialysisJanelle Gonyea
Mayo Clinic, Rochster, MN, USA
Nephrol Nurs J 36:327-8, 332. 2009..Proper oral hygiene (brushing, flossing, and regular dental examinations) can help prevent dental concerns from leading to more serious health problems, such as sepsis...
- [Inequalities in oral health services in Cali, Colombia]Herney A Rengifo-Reina
Escuela de Odontología de la Universidad del Valle, Cali, Colombia
Rev Salud Publica (Bogota) 11:526-37. 2009..Assessing the presence of inequity in access to dental care in a health network in the city of Cali in Colombia...
- Integrating child dental care at Community Smiles: the director's goals fulfilledPaul J Flaer
Florida International University College of Public Health, Miami, USA
Todays FDA 22:57-9, 61. 2010..Community Smiles became a venue where disparities were largely eliminated and access to dental treatment increased. Health care was promoted as Community Smiles became a place that helped build a healthier community...
- Maximize clinical productivity and practice growth ... take action now! Part 1Sandy Pardue
Classic Practice Resources, USA
Dent Today 26:136, 138-9. 2007
- Determinants of oral health care utilization among diverse groups of immigrants in New York CityGustavo D Cruz
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, College of Dentistry, New York University, 250 Park Avenue South, New York, N Y 10003 1402, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 141:871-8. 2010..Few studies have examined utilization of oral health care services among immigrants. The authors examined the determinants of utilization of oral health care among a diverse group of immigrants in New York City...
- Managing resources in NHS dentistry: using health economics to inform commissioning decisionsRichard D Holmes
Centre for Oral Health Research, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4BW, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 11:138. 2011..Two inter-related case studies will explore the dental commissioning and resource allocation processes through the application of a pragmatic economics-based framework known as Programme Budgeting and Marginal Analysis...
- 'Lost data' revisitedF J Trevor Burke
Dent Update 33:581. 2006
- Determinants of the utilization of dental services in a community-dwelling elderly Japanese populationTakashi Ohi
Division of Aging and Geriatric Dentistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 218:241-9. 2009....
- [Factors associated with oral health habits and use of dental services by adolescents]Rosane Silvia Davoglio
Programa de Pós Graduação em Saúde Coletiva, Universidade Luterana do Brasil, Canoas, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 25:655-67. 2009..Oral health habits were associated with family SES and psychosocial factors except for frequency of annual dental visits. As for lifestyle, low candy consumption had a positive impact on reasons for use of dental appointments...
- "What's a dentist to do? The two-headed dragon"David H Lipschultz
Northwest Dent 86:4, 66. 2007
- A survey of users of a dental access centre situated in an area of mixed socioeconomic affluence and deprivationRebecca Harris
Liverpool University School of Dentistry, UK
Prim Dent Care 14:157-62. 2007..To describe the users of a Dental Access Centre (DAC) situated in an area of England with a mixed socioeconomic profile, their pattern of use, and their perception of the role of the service...
- Financing dental care: trends in public and private expenditures for dental servicesHoward Bailit
Department of Community Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT 06030 6325, USA
Dent Clin North Am 52:281-95, v. 2008..Whether the supply of services will grow faster than the demand for care is unknown...
- Patient satisfaction with dental care in one Swedish age cohort. Part II--What affects satisfactionKatri Ståhlnacke
Community Dental Office, Orebro County Council, Sweden
Swed Dent J 31:137-46. 2007..Likewise were experiences from the most recent dental visit and to some extent past care experiences like school dentistry. Almost no correlation was seen between socio-economic factors and satisfaction...
- [Oral health of elderly occupants in residential homes]E Castronuovo
Area Prevenzione e Tutela della Salute, Laziosanità, Agenzia di Sanità Pubblica, Rome
Ann Ig 19:463-72. 2007..Consequently greater attention should be paid to improve actively oral health services in this care setting...
- Human rights and professional responsibilities in health care and educationIain Chalmers
Eur J Dent Educ 12:11-6. 2008
- World Health Organization global policy for improvement of oral health--World Health Assembly 2007Poul Erik Petersen
World Health Organization, Global Oral Health Programme, Department of Chronic Disease and Health Promotion, Geneva, Switzerland
Int Dent J 58:115-21. 2008..The policy forms the basis for future development or adjustment of oral health programmes at national level...
- [The inducement of demand in dental medicine in Belgium]Frida Decaluwe
Rev Belge Med Dent (1984) 61:251-68. 2006..Some factors--not yet systematically investigated--may be relevant as well: personal characteristics of the dentist (gender in particular) and the way companies direct practitioners' and patients' behaviour...
- A survey of school dental screening practise in community dental services of England and Wales in 2003A G Threlfall
OHU NPCRDC, School of Dentistry, University of Manchester
Community Dent Health 23:236-8. 2006..To describe the school dental screening process in Community Dental Services across England and Wales. Basic research..
- Welfare policy and planning of oral health servicesL A Heloe
Institute of Community Dentistry, University of Oslo, Blindern, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 16:65-7. 1988..Planning of oral health services should therefore be directed toward these goals, considering the shifts in the disease and problem panorama...
- Mid-Career Investigator Award-Patient-Oriented ResearchGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Oral Health/OHRQOL among low-SES rural adultsGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- LONGITUDINAL ORAL HEALTH OUTCOMES IN HIGH-RISK ADULTSGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Dental PBRN Network ChairGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2006..To our knowledge, we have more experience with dental practice-based research than any other team in the nation, which will enhance our anticipated success with the Dental PBRN. ..
- Alabama Dental Practice Research Network DevelopmentGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT): UAB Clinical CenterGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..Little research has been done on methods to prevent tooth decay in adults. This study would test how well a lozenge to be taken several times a day works to prevent tooth decay in adults who are prone to tooth decay. ..
- UAB Oral Health Research Infrastructure ImprovementGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- LONGITUDINAL ORAL HEALTH OUTCOMES IN HIGH-RISK ADULTSGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2003..a unique database that is unprecedented in adult oral health disparities research, oral epidemiology, and dental health services research...
- UAB Oral Health Research InnovationGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Reducing Oral Cancer Disparities in FloridaScott Tomar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Effectiveness of the interventions will be measured through population-based surveys and utilization of the hotline and clinics. ..
- Rural Elders' Diabetes Self Management: Development of a Common Sense Model InvenSARA QUANDT; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Occupational Injuries Among Immigrant Poultry Workers: Development & ProgressionSara A Quandt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such research will provide the basis of future efforts to reduce disparities in occupational injuries in the fastest growing segment of the meat processing industry through education and enforcement. ..
- Rural Older Adults: Oral Health, Diet & Quality of LifeSARA QUANDT; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Patient Visits to Physician Offices and/or Emergency Rooms for Dental ProblemsLeonard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007..These issues will grow in importance with the aging of the population, as elderly individuals, in general, are more likely to visit a physician than a dentist. ..
- Oral Health Disparities Among Elders With and Without Cognitive ImpairmentBei Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Occupational Injuries Among Immigrant Poultry Workers: Development & ProgressionSara A Quandt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such research will provide the basis of future efforts to reduce disparities in occupational injuries in the fastest growing segment of the meat processing industry through education and enforcement. ..
- Rural Elders' Diabetes Self Management: Development of a Common Sense Model InvenSara A Quandt; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Occupational Injuries Among Immigrant Poultry Workers: Development & ProgressionSARA QUANDT; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such research will provide the basis of future efforts to reduce disparities in occupational injuries in the fastest growing segment of the meat processing industry through education and enforcement. ..
- Rural Elders' Diabetes Self Management: Development of a Common Sense Model InvenSARA QUANDT; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- JUSTA: Justice and Health for Poultry WorkersSARA QUANDT; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- RURAL ELDERS: ETHNICITY, FOOD MEANING & DIET MEASUREMENTSARA QUANDT; Fiscal Year: 2004..These participants will complete six 24 hour diet recall interviews over a six month period, which will be used to validate the adapted Food Frequency Questionnaire and Meal Pattern Questionnaire. ..
- RURAL ELDERS' DIABETES SELF MANAGEMENT--ETHNIC VARIATIONSARA QUANDT; Fiscal Year: 2004..Multivariate techniques will be used in the analysis of the survey data. A systematic approach will be used to analyze the qualitative data. ..
- Florida Model for Oral Cancer Control, Phase IScott Tomar; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Toothache Pain: Sources of Care and Self-RemediesLeonard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The instrument will be pretested on poor White, Black, Hispanic subjects (both individuals who sought relief from dentists and those who did not) who have experienced toothache pain during the preceding six months. ..
- A pilot study for oral health case management of children with orofacial cleftsCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007..As a secondary aim, we intend to identify dietary and oral hygiene habits, dental experience and parental oral health attitudes that would be amenable to intervention as part of our future case management model. ..
- Race/Ethnicity, Socioeconomic Status and Oral HealthDavid Grembowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Aim 2 mixed-effect multilevel models will be used to estimate the effects of neighborhood socioeconomic disadvantage on perceived oral health controlling for individual-level characteristics. ..
- Localized Aggressive Periodontitis: Microbial & Host Markers for SusceptibilityDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- International Caries Detection and Assessement SystemAmid Ismail; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finding of the workshop will be used in a second workshop, to be organized by Dr. George Stookey, which will focus on the design of caries clinical trials and new diagnostic technology. ..
- Effects of Immigration on Oral Health: A Comparative StudyGustavo Cruz; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study would help elucidate the effects of ethnicity on the oral health of immigrants by examining some of the underlying factors associated with disparities in oral health. ..
- Examination of Oral Health Literacy in Public Health PracticeJessica Y Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Prevention of Dental Caries in Early Head Start ChildrenRICHARD GARY ROZIER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The result of successful implementation of preventive dental programs should be less disease and improved quality of life among children and their families. ..
- Oral Health Disparities Among High-Risk PopulationsMonica Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2007..Fisher's research and career development. The proposed plans will intensify and focus Dr. Fisher's career development, and make innovative, methodologically sophisticated contributions to the literature. ..
- Conference on Closing the Gap in Hispanics' Oral HealthGustavo Cruz; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- TRIALS TO ENHANCE ELDERS TOOTH/ORAL HEALTH (TEETH)Asuman Kiyak; Fiscal Year: 2001..An ancillary objective is to determine the impact of ethnicity, intervention site, self-efficacy, and dentist variability on treatment outcomes. ..
- Communication in Late-stage Cancer: Exploring Hospice DecisionDeborah Waldrop; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) Understanding how end-of-life decisions are made is essential for the efficient planning and delivery of comprehensive services for the growing number of adults who will die from cancer. ..
- PREVENTION OF EARLY CHILDHOOD CARIES IN MEDICAL PRACTICER Rozier; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will do a limited assessment of the cost pe oral health- related quality of life. ..
- Linking Mother and Child Access to Dental CareDavid Grembowski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 4 analyses of children will determine whether mothers' loss of dental insurance results in fewer children dental utilization. ..
- Improving Access to Improve Quality in an HMODavid Grembowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..Data Sources. Group Health automated data bases. Analyses. Descriptive, bivariate, regression, and time series analyses will be performed. ..
- Oral Health Disparities in Publicly Insured ChildrenTEGWYN BRICKHOUSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Benefit: This mix of quantitative techniques and a clinical study will be utilized to address the NIDCR Priority Research Area of eliminating oral health disparities. ..
- Primary Care Provider and Preventive Oral HealthCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, this career development award is expected to provide to Dr. Lewis the didactic and experiential training necessary to become an independent clinical investigator focusing on pediatric and dental health services research.
- An innovative psychoeducational method & ECC preventionKarin Weber Gasparoni; Fiscal Year: 2005..If successful, widespread use of this psychoeducational intervention could have a profound impact in efforts to reduce oral health disparities. ..
- Oral Health Status and Habits of Young Children with Developmental DelayCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007....