dental health services
Summary: Services designed to promote, maintain, or restore dental health.
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Update on disparities in oral health and access to dental care for America's childrenBurton L Edelstein
Section of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, New York, NY 10032, USA
Acad Pediatr 9:415-9. 2009..These disparities can, as in the past, be expected to exacerbate under the forces of growing income disparities and demographic trends...
- Oral healthcare systems in the extended European unionEeva Widström
The National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health STAKES, Helsinki, Finland
Oral Health Prev Dent 2:155-94. 2004....
- Health-related lifestyle behaviours, socio-demographic characteristics and use of dental health services in Greek adultsH Koletsi-Kounari
University of Athens, Dental School, Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, 2 Thivon St 115 27 Athens, Greece
Community Dent Health 28:47-52. 2011..To investigate the association between certain socio-demographic characteristics, health-related lifestyle behaviors and the use of dental services in Greek adult population...
- Barriers to and enablers of older adults' use of dental servicesH Asuman Kiyak
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Box 357134, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7134, USA
J Dent Educ 69:975-86. 2005..Each of these factors plays a role in older adults' use of dental services. Under different situations some serve as both barriers and enablers...
- Heavy use of dental services among Finnish children and adolescentsA Nihtila
Espoo City Social and Health Services and Network of Academic Health Centres, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care, University of Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Paediatr Dent 10:7-12. 2009..Our aim was to identify the heavy use of dental services among children and adolescents in the Public Dental Service (PDS) of one of the biggest cities in Finland, and compare oral health and treatments provided for heavy and low users...
- Heavy consumption of dental services among Finnish adultsA Nihtila
Espoo City Social and Health Services and Network of Academic Health Centres, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of General Practice and Primary Health Care, University of Helsinki, Finland
Community Dent Health 27:227-32. 2010..To compare treatment of heavy and low users of dental services among adults in the Public Dental Service (PDS) in one of the biggest cities in Finland and to identify reasons for heavy use and to suggest improvements to care provision...
- Oral health policies in BrazilGilberto Alfredo Pucca
Ministry of Health, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 23:9-16. 2009....
- Provision of diagnostic and preventive services in general dental practiceD S Brennan
AIHW Dental Statistics and Research Unit, Dental School, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Adelaide, Australia
Community Dent Health 20:5-10. 2003..The aims of this study were to examine the provision of examinations, radiographs, prophylaxis and topical fluoride, and to assess whether these services varied by patient, visit and oral health characteristics...
- [Race and the use of dental health services by the elderly]Eliane Helena Alvim de Souza
Universidade de Pernambuco, Camaragibe, PE, 1028, Brazil
Cien Saude Colet 17:2063-70. 2012..Race is a limiting factor in the use of dental services by the elderly and even after the adjustments the elderly blacks continue to manifest greater resistance to the use of oral health services...
- Dental health services utilization and associated factors in children 6 to 12 years old in a low-income countryCarlo Eduardo Medina-Solis
Area Académica de Odontología del Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud de la Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Hidalgo, Pachuca, Hidalgo, Mexico
J Public Health Dent 68:39-45. 2008To determine the factors associated with the dental health services utilization among children ages 6 to 12 in León, Nicaragua.
- Factors influencing the use of dental health services by preschool children in MexicoCarlo E Medina-Solis
Centre for Research in Health Systems, National Institute of Public Health, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Pediatr Dent 28:285-92. 2006The purpose of this study was to identify the factors associated with dental health services utilization (DHSU) within a publicly funded oral health program for preschool children in Campeche, Mexico.
- [Influence of predisposing, enabling, and health care need variables on the use of dental health services among Mexican adolescents from a semi-rural location]America Patricia Pontigo-Loyola
Area Académica de Odontología, Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo, Pachuca, Hgo
Gac Med Mex 148:218-26. 2012The purpose of this study was to quantify the influence of some of the predisposing, enabling, and healthcare need variables on dental health services utilization (DHSU) among Mexican adolescents.
- A global perspective on changes in the burden of caries and periodontitis: implications for dentistryV Baelum
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
J Oral Rehabil 34:872-906; discussion 940. 2007....
- Models for financing dental services. A reviewJostein Grytten
Dental Faculty, University of Oslo, Norway
Community Dent Health 22:75-85. 2005..In order to counteract the adverse side-effects of each financing system, focus should be placed on the individual dentist in relation to ethics, norms and quality control...
- Comparison of utilization of dental care services among Chinese- and Russian-speaking immigrant eldersBei Wu
Center on Aging and Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, P O Box 9127, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
J Public Health Dent 65:97-103. 2005..The purpose of the study was to identify factors predictive of use of dental services among Chinese- and Russian-speaking immigrant elders...
- Dental clinic attendance in Soweto, South Africa, before and after the introduction of free primary dental health servicesAhmed Bhayat
Dental Research Institute, Medical Research Council, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:105-10. 2003To compare patient attendance rates 1 year before and after the introduction of free primary dental health services in Soweto, South Africa.
- Perceived need and use of oral health services among adolescents and adults in TanzaniaH J Mosha
Central Oral Health Unit, Ministry of Health, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:129-32. 1993..8 (95% CI: 39.0-121.4). The findings in the study may be useful in the attempts to implement Tanzania's National Plan for Oral Health...
- The supply of dentists and access to care in rural KansasR Andrew Allison
Kansas Health Policy Authority, Topeka, KS 66603, USA
J Rural Health 23:198-206. 2007....
- An explanatory model of the dental care utilization of low-income childrenP Milgrom
Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7475, USA
Med Care 36:554-66. 1998..The influence of dentist-patient interactions, psychosocial and health beliefs, particularly fear of the dentist, on utilization were investigated...
- Utilisation of dental services among a Turkish population in Witten, GermanyZ A Ugur
Ege University, Centre for Drug R and D and Pharmacokinetic Applications, Izmir, Turkey
Int Dent J 52:144-50. 2002..To describe the oral health status and the dental service use pattern of a Turkish population in Witten, Germany, and to assess the factors affecting this use pattern...
- Oral health of children and adults in Latino migrant and seasonal farmworker familiesSara A Quandt
Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Division of Public Health Science, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1063, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 9:229-35. 2007..Differences among family members suggest that access to services, not lack of education, is the primary barrier facing farmworker families...
- Effectiveness of dental services in facilitating recovery from oral disadvantageMonica A Fisher
Department of Diagnostic Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0007, USA
Qual Life Res 14:197-206. 2005....
- Oral health and use of dental services among HispanicsDenice C L Stewart
School of Dentistry, Oregon Health and Science University, 611 SW Campus Drive, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Public Health Dent 62:84-91. 2002..This study examined factors related to oral health and dental service use among Mexican-Americans, Cuban-Americans, and Puerto Ricans from the Hispanic Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1982-84 (HHANES)...
- Access to dental care--experiences of men with HIV infection in the United KingdomP G Robinson
University College Dental Hospital, London, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:306-8. 1993..Dedicated dental clinics act as an important safety-net for people with HIV infection...
- Parsimonious prediction model for the prevalence of dental visitsHazem Seirawan
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 36:401-8. 2008....
- Social inequalities in oral health and in use of oral health care services among adolescents in UgandaI Okullo
Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Int J Paediatr Dent 14:326-35. 2004..The aim of this study was to describe clinical and self-perceived indicators of oral health status and the use of oral health care services by social and demographic characteristics...
- Utilization of dental services in Southern ChinaE C Lo
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Prince Philip Dental Hospital
J Dent Res 80:1471-4. 2001..In conclusion, dental service utilization among the adult Southern Chinese was found to be low, problem-driven, and influenced by some socio-economic factors...
- Changing dentate status of adults, use of dental health services, and achievement of national dental health goals in Denmark by the year 2000Poul Erik Petersen
University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, Department for Community Dentistry, Nørre Allé 20, 2200 København N, Denmark
J Public Health Dent 64:127-35. 2004This study analyzes the current profile of dentate status and use of dental health services among adults in Denmark at the turn of the millennium, assesses the impact on dentate status of sociodemographic factors and use of dental health ..
- An analysis of dental visits in U.S. children, by category of service and sociodemographic factors, 1996M D Macek
Department of Oral Health Care Delivery, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Pediatr Dent 23:383-9. 2001..Data from the 1996 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey were analyzed to determine the distribution of diagnostic and preventive, surgical, and other dental visit types received by U.S. children, aged 0-18 years...
- Do young adults demand more dental services as their income increases?Jostein Grytten
Institute of Community Dentistry, University of Oslo, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 30:463-9. 2002..Our results imply that future policies for dental manpower should take into account the lower income elasticity for young adults compared to for older adults, and that future needs for dental personnel should be planned accordingly...
- Factors associated with self-reported use of dental health services among older Greek and Italian immigrantsRodrigo Mariño
School of Dental Science, University of Melbourne, Victoria, 3000, Australia
Spec Care Dentist 25:29-36. 2005The authors discuss utilization of dental health services by older Greek and Italian immigrants in Melbourne, Australia. Their study involved 374 Greek and 360 Italian adults who completed a questionnaire and received an oral examination...
- Use of health care services in two rural communities in TanzaniaP T Sarita
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:133-5. 1993..05). It seems that the pattern of utilization of health care services differs for medical and dental problems. This should be taken into account when planning comprehensive health care services for rural African societies...
- Addressing selection bias in dental health services researchJ Y Lee
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7450, USA
J Dent Res 84:942-6. 2005..This technique can be used to control for potential selection bias in dental research when randomization is not possible...
- Social determinants of dental health services utilisation of Greek adultsE Pavi
Department of Health Economics, National School of Public Health, Athens, Greece
Community Dent Health 27:145-50. 2010..To identify the determinants of dental care utilisation among Greek adults, with a particular emphasis on socio-economic determinants...
- Utilisation of dental services in Turkey: a cross-sectional surveyG Mumcu
Akatlar Zeytinoglu Caddesi Akay Sokak, Ozlem Sitesi B1 Blok, d 1, Etiler Istanbul, Turkey
Int Dent J 54:90-6. 2004..To assess the factors affecting the utilisation of dental service in Turkey...
- Dental and other health care visits among U.S. adults with diabetesS L Tomar
Division of Oral Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Diabetes Care 23:1505-10. 2000..For adults with diabetes, we compared the frequency of past-year dental visits with past-year visits for diabetes care, dilated eye examinations, and foot examinations...
- Quality assessment of dental health services provided at the Faculty of Dentistry, King Abdulaziz UniversityAli H Hassan
Preventive Dental Sciences Department, Faculty of Dentistry, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
J Egypt Public Health Assoc 80:203-32. 2005..The objectives of this research were to assess the quality of dental services delivered in King Abdulaziz University and highlight the necessary recommendations that would improve it...
- Oral health and quality of life of migrant and seasonal farmworkers in North CarolinaS A Quandt
Division of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, 27157 1063, USA
J Agric Saf Health 13:45-55. 2007..Because national data indicate that fewer farmworkers are returning to their countries of origin, communities with large farmworker populations need to address their unmet needs for dental care...
- Oral health is the measure of a just societyHenrie M Treadwell
National Center for Primary Care at Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 18:12-20. 2007..Here we champion the need for a national health plan that includes oral health care to promote social justice and oral health for all...
- Use of oral health care services and oral findings in children with special needs in Lagos, NigeriaFolakemi A Oredugba
Department of Child Dental Health, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Idi Araba, Lagos, Nigeria
Spec Care Dentist 26:59-65. 2006..This study concluded that CSN and children from lower socioeconomic levels did not adequately utilize dental facilities in Lagos. Preventive programs in schools and the development of dental clinics in or near their schools could help...
- Oral health status and oral treatment needs of dependent elderly people in ChristchurchGordon Carter
Oral Health Centre, Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
N Z Med J 117:U892. 2004..To describe the general health, oral health status, and treatment needs of dependent older people living in Christchurch rest homes...
- Oral health is global healthDeborah Greenspan
Department of Orofacial Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, Box 0422, Room S 612, San Francisco, CA 94143 0422, USA
J Dent Res 86:485. 2007
- Oral status and treatment needs among elderly within municipal long-term care 2002-2004Rita Isaksson
Maxillo Facial Unit, Halmstad Hospital, Halmstad, Sweden
Swed Dent J 31:45-52. 2007..In sum, prevention efforts both from the dental profession and from other care providers are important to achieve and maintain acceptable oral status...
- Oral health in the pediatric practice setting: a survey of Washington State pediatriciansCharlotte W Lewis
Division of General Pediatrics, Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Box 354920, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Public Health Dent 64:111-4. 2004..Pediatric health care providers may be the only source of preventive oral health education for families of young children who lack access to professional dental care...
- Should dentists become 'oral physicians'? No, dentistry must remain dentistryLeon A Assael
Oregon Health and Sciences University, School of Dentistry, Portland, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 135:439, 441, 443 passim. 2004..Thus, good oral health will be thoroughly integrated into what it means to be healthy...
- Oral health care in Canada--a view from the trenchesPatricia Main
Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
J Can Dent Assoc 72:319. 2006..This paper reports the results of that survey...
- Chapter 5.10: major public health problems - dental healthAgneta Ekman
National Board of Health and Welfare, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Public Health Suppl 67:139-46. 2006
- Establishing, funding, and sustaining a university outreach program in oral healthJames A Lalumandier
School of Dental Medicine, Department of Community Dentistry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 23:250-4. 2004..This paper describes the process that Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine used to develop an outreach program to address the needs of underserved children in Cleveland, Ohio...
- Access to care - what can the United States learn from other countries?William R Maas
Division of Oral Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 34:232-40. 2006..The discovery of best practices and lessons learned in the financing and organization of dental care may begin by comparing US experiences with those of other countries...
- A Dental Hygiene Professional Practice Index (DHPPI) and access to oral health status and service use in the United StatesPaul Wing
Center for Health Workforce Studies, School of Public Health, State University of New York, Albany, USA
J Dent Hyg 79:10. 2005....
- Assuring the accessibility of basic dental care services: issues of workforce supply, organization of care, and educationKristen L Dubay
North Carolina Institute of Medicine, USA
N C Med J 66:430-7. 2005
- Improving the oral health of Alaska NativesEugene Sekiguchi
American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 2678, USA
Am J Public Health 95:769-73. 2005..A strategy that combines addressing the disease currently present and preventing the occurrence of disease in the long run is the only strategy that offers a sustainable solution...
- Improving the oral health of older people: the approach of the WHO Global Oral Health ProgrammePoul Erik Petersen
WHO Global Oral Health Programme, Department for Chronic Disease and Health Promotion, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 33:81-92. 2005..Operational research and efforts to translate science into practice are to be encouraged. WHO supports national capacity building in the oral health of older people through intercountry and interregional exchange of experiences...
- [State of oral health of adults and the elderly in Hungary]Judit Szoke
Semmelweis Egyetem, Fogorvostudományi Kar, Budapest
Fogorv Sz 97:219-29. 2004..Greater emphasis on risk- and preventive orientated praxis and management is needed; increased individual activities and financial support are also required...
- Periodontal conditions and service utilization behaviors in a low income adult populationWesley L Hanson
Department of Periodontics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Oral Health Prev Dent 1:99-109. 2003....
- Oral health in SyriaN Beiruti
School Health Department, Jisser Alabiad Square, Damascus, Syria
Int Dent J 54:383-8. 2004....
- Defining the need for dental care in North Carolina: contributions of public health surveillance of dental diseases and conditionsR Gary Rozier
Department of Health Policy and Administration, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
N C Med J 66:438-44. 2005
- A review of the literature: the economic impact of preventive dental hygiene servicesStull C Sharon
Gene W Hirschfeld School of Dental Hygiene, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
J Dent Hyg 79:11. 2005....
- Dental status and oral health quality of life in economically disadvantaged French adultsStephanie Tubert-Jeannin
Department of Public Health, School of Dentistry, University of Clermont Ferrand, France
Spec Care Dentist 24:264-9. 2004..Cost of care and number of carious teeth were important predictors of the GOHAI...
- Equitable access to dental care for an at-risk group: a review of services for Australian refugeesNatasha Davidson
Victorian Immigrant Health Program, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 31:73-80. 2007....
- Patients' health in contract and fee-for-service care. I. A descriptive comparisonVeronica Johansson
Department of Oral Public Health, Malmo University, Sweden
Swed Dent J 31:27-34. 2007..In conclusion, patients in contract care had better general health and OHRQoL than patients in fee-for-service care. There were social differences in choice of financial system and biased non-response...
- Strengthening the oral health safety net: delivery models that improve access to oral health care for uninsured and underserved populationsAllan J Formicola
Am J Public Health 94:702-4. 2004
- [Disparities in the Israeli oral healthcare delivery system]T Horev
Dept of Health Policy and Management, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheba
Refuat Hapeh Vehashinayim 21:35-42, 100. 2004..The findings can serve as a red flag for over-reliance on private funding in the health system, and may indicate the need for rethinking about the current oral healthcare policy in Israel...
- Utilization of dental health services among middle-aged people in Sweden and DenmarkMats Kronstrom
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Odontology, Malmo University, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 60:276-80. 2002..The different insurance systems along with different degrees of commercialization in the two countries might be the most decisive factors in this context...
- Inequalities in access to education and healthcareJ Nunn
Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Dent Educ 12:30-9. 2008..Governments need to lead on developing initiatives to attract, support and retain a competent workforce...
- Oral health disparities in the United StatesAmit Chattopadhyay
Department of Epidemiology, University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Dent Clin North Am 52:297-318, vi. 2008..Different states have initiated a series of steps as tools to document, assess, develop strategies, and monitor progress in efforts to eliminate or reduce oral health disparities in the United States...
- Future of dentistry: access to care. Today's vision: tomorrow's realityJeanne P Altieri
J Am Dent Assoc 133:1408-24. 2002
- Self-reported oral health perceptions of Somali adults in Minnesota: a pilot studyC Okunseri
Dental Public Health Program, Department of Clinical Services, Marquette University School of Dentistry, Milwaukee, WI 53201 1881, USA
Int J Dent Hyg 6:114-8. 2008..To assess self-reported oral health perceptions and associated factors in an adult Somali population living in Minnesota, USA...
- A comparison of selected evidence reviews and recommendations on interventions to prevent dental caries, oral and pharyngeal cancers, and sports-related craniofacial injuriesBarbara F Gooch
Division of Oral Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Prev Med 23:55-80. 2002
- Reviews of evidence on interventions to prevent dental caries, oral and pharyngeal cancers, and sports-related craniofacial injuriesBenedict I Truman
Office of the Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Prev Med 23:21-54. 2002..These reviews form the basis of recommendations by the Task Force on Community Preventive Services (the Task Force) about the use of these selected interventions. The Task Force recommendations are presented in this supplement...
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's response to improving the nation's oral healthJudith Stavisky
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 2316, USA
Am J Prev Med 23:13-5. 2002
- About children's oral health needsM Weitzman
American Academy of Pediatrics Center for Child Health Research and University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
Ambul Pediatr 1:162-6. 2001..But much more is still needed, and there is a great deal that the pediatric community can do to help...
- Survey of oral health practices among adults in a North Carolina Hispanic populationMariola Luciano
University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, USA
J Dent Hyg 82:20. 2008..The purpose of this study was to collect baseline data pertaining to the oral health of Hispanics residing in Siler City, NC, a microcosm of the flourishing Latino growth found especially in the southeastern United States...
- Oral health in IranHamid Reza Pakshir
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Dental Faculty, Orthodontic Department, Shiraz, Iran
Int Dent J 54:367-72. 2004..instituting water fluoridation, improving access to fissure sealants and regular dental care, and finally promoting dental health services toward minimum treatment intervention and effective preventive strategies and health promotion.
- Dental knowledge, attitudes towards oral health care and utilization of dental services among male industrial workers with or without an employer-provided dental benefit schemeJ Ahlberg
Department of Dental Public Health, University of Helsinki, Finland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 24:380-4. 1996..Our results demonstrate a positive impact of subsidization on the utilization of dental services...
- Use of dental services among Danish youths: role of the social environment, the individual, and the delivery systemI Lissau
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Royal Dental College Copenhagen, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 17:109-16. 1989..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Primary health care approach. Its relevance to oral health in NigeriaE Ndiokwelu
Department of Preventive Dentistry College of Medicine Enugu Campus, Nigeria
Odontostomatol Trop 25:29-32. 2002..This article has tried to show the relevance of the strategy of primary health care to oral health. It concludes that primary health care approach is very relevant to oral health in Nigeria...
- Health as a human right: implications for the dental professionMary Robinson
Eur J Dent Educ 12:9-10. 2008
- Does Medicaid improve utilization of medical and dental services and health outcomes for Medicaid-eligible children in the United States?Monica A Fisher
Case Western Reserve University, Department of Orthodontics, Cleveland, OH 44106 4905, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 35:263-71. 2007..Data are lacking to support the contention that Medicaid services improve utilization of healthcare services and result in better health...
- Evaluation of the Ministry of Health school oral health programme in the West Bank region of PalestineE Kateeb
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, USA
East Mediterr Health J 13:595-607. 2007..In-depth interviews with stakeholders identified the strengths and weaknesses of the screening programme and recommendations for improvements...
- National evaluation of personal dental services (PDS) pilots: main findings and policy implicationsN Goodwin
Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham, 40 Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham, B15 2RT
Br Dent J 195:640-3. 2003
- A "health commons" approach to oral health for low-income populations in a rural stateStephen Beetstra
Department of Surgery, Division of Dental Services, University of New Mexico, 900 Camino de Salud NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5019, USA
Am J Public Health 92:12-3. 2002..A coalition of motivated stakeholders includes community leaders, safety net providers, legislators, insurers, and medical, dental, and public health providers...
- Necessary care in a broken system: the health care delivery crisis and oral healthLeon A Assael
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1243-4. 2003
- Community approaches to a national problem: oral health. Part 1Deborah Katz
School Nurse News 20:40-2. 2003
- Thoughts on access to (free) careJeffery W Johnston
J Mich Dent Assoc 89:18. 2007
- [Oral health in the Brazilian Family Health Program: a health care model evaluation]Tatyana Maria Silva de Souza
Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Avenida das Alagoas 1689, Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 23:2727-39. 2007..In conclusion, public policies that include aspects beyond the health sector are decisive for a real change in health care models...
- Cruise medicine: the dental perspective on health care for passengers during a world cruiseBernhard A J Sobotta
Department of Prosthodontics and Materials Science, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Travel Med 15:19-24. 2008..Although more than 100 million passengers have taken a cruise since 1980, it is not known what dental treatment needs occur at sea...
- The paradox of dental need in a population-based study of dentate adultsGregg H Gilbert
Department of Diagnostic Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0007, USA
Med Care 41:119-34. 2003..Studies typically find that predisposing and enabling factors strongly predict dental utilization, but that need factors do not. However, few longitudinal studies have been conducted, and few have comprehensively measured dental need...
- A comprehensive approach to improve the oral health of students in Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaJan Kostek
Capital Health, Community Health Services, Eastwood Public Health Centre, 7919 118 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5B OR5
J Sch Health 72:387-9. 2002
- Household expenditure in dental health care: national estimations in Mexico for 2000, 2002, and 2004Ricardo Pérez-Núñez
Centro de Investigación en Sistemas de Salud del Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
J Public Health Dent 67:234-42. 2007..To estimate the expenditure on dental care of Mexican households, analyze their trends, and determine the factors associated with the decision to spend and the amount of money spent in 2000, 2002, and 2004...
- A comparison of dental treatment utilization and costs by HMO members living in fluoridated and nonfluoridated areasGerardo Maupome
Oral Health Research Institute, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 415 Lansing Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2876, USA
J Public Health Dent 67:224-33. 2007..To compare dental treatment experiences and costs in members of a health maintenance organization (HMO) in areas with and without community water fluoridation...
- Oral health status of a long-term-care, veteran populationR J Weyant
Department of Public Health and Community Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:227-33. 1993..status of VA nursing home care units (NHCU) residents and to develop a methodology for estimating future dental health services utilization. This study describes the oral health status of the study population...
- Evaluation of governmental dental health services in rural health centers in EgyptA A Wissa
Community Dentistry Department, Ahmed Maher Hospital, Ministry of Health, Cairo, Egypt
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 16:16-8. 1988..Most of the treatments performed were extractions (52.52%), while conservative treatments were minimal (0.85%). Prosthetic treatments were not available in these centers...
- Dental caries among Australian Aboriginal, non-Aboriginal Australian-born, and overseas-born childrenM J Davies
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare Dental Statistics, University of Adelaide, Australia
Bull World Health Organ 75:197-203. 1997..children and a deterioration in that of Aboriginal children; this tendency has important implications for dental health services. This study compared the caries experience among a weighted sample of Community Dental Service patients ..
- Caries treatment through 30 years in children and adolescents in Asker, NorwayF R von der Fehr
Department of Cariology, Dental Faculty, University of Oslo, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 23:193-9. 1995Asker is a capital suburb where a preventive philosophy has guided the public dental health services for decades. In the period studied the child population aged 3-13 yr increased from 3208 to 6008...
- Caries development after termination of a fluoride rinsing programJ Heidmann
Department of Child Dental Health, Royal Dental College, Aarhus, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 20:118-21. 1992..clinically by the dentists in the municipal dental service using the diagnostic criteria for the Child Dental Health Services, and on bitewing radiographs by one of the authors applying the criteria developed by GRONDAHL et al...
- Tooth loss and dental caries in institutionalized elderly in ItalyI F Angelillo
Institute of Hygiene, Medical School, University of Reggio Calabria, Catanzaro, Italy
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 18:216-8. 1990..9. Analysis of the results showed poor dental health in this target group and the necessity of improving the dental health services programs for the elderly living in institutions.
- An innovation in Australian dental education: rural, remote and Indigenous pre-graduation placementsJennifer J Bazen
The University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Rural Remote Health 7:703. 2007....
- From victim blaming to upstream action: tackling the social determinants of oral health inequalitiesRichard Geddie Watt
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 35:1-11. 2007..The aim of this article is to stimulate discussion and debate on the future development of oral health improvement strategies...
- [Financing in Brazilian health care system: a recent retrospective and dentistry approach]Carolina Bezerra Cavalcanti Nóbrega
Faculdade de Odontologia, Faculdades Integradas de Patos, Patos, PB, Brazil
Cien Saude Colet 15:1763-72. 2010..In conclusion, a positive situation was observed for transferred annual values, suggesting that the reorganization and financial structure of the Brazilian health system is starting to work...
- Hospitalisations for removal of impacted teeth in Australia: a national geographic modeling approachRoslind George
Center for Rural and remote Oral Health, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Rural Remote Health 12:2240. 2012..The aim of the study was to project hospitalisation rates for the surgical removal of impacted teeth across Australia, based on Western Australian statistics...
- UAB Oral Health Research Infrastructure ImprovementGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mid-Career Investigator Award-Patient-Oriented ResearchGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- UAB Oral Health Research InnovationGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Oral Health/OHRQOL among low-SES rural adultsGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- LONGITUDINAL ORAL HEALTH OUTCOMES IN HIGH-RISK ADULTSGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2003..a unique database that is unprecedented in adult oral health disparities research, oral epidemiology, and dental health services research...
- Alabama Dental Practice Research Network DevelopmentGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Toothache Pain: Sources of Care and Self-RemediesLeonard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The instrument will be pretested on poor White, Black, Hispanic subjects (both individuals who sought relief from dentists and those who did not) who have experienced toothache pain during the preceding six months. ..
- Rural Elders' Diabetes Self Management: Development of a Common Sense Model InvenSara A Quandt; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- JUSTA: Justice and Health for Poultry WorkersSARA QUANDT; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Patient Visits to Physician Offices and/or Emergency Rooms for Dental ProblemsLeonard Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007..These issues will grow in importance with the aging of the population, as elderly individuals, in general, are more likely to visit a physician than a dentist. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Florida Model for Oral Cancer Control, Phase IScott Tomar; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Reducing Oral Cancer Disparities in FloridaScott Tomar; Fiscal Year: 2008..Effectiveness of the interventions will be measured through population-based surveys and utilization of the hotline and clinics. ..
- RURAL ELDERS: ETHNICITY, FOOD MEANING & DIET MEASUREMENTSARA QUANDT; Fiscal Year: 2004..These participants will complete six 24 hour diet recall interviews over a six month period, which will be used to validate the adapted Food Frequency Questionnaire and Meal Pattern Questionnaire. ..
- Dental Care in Children With and Without Special Health Care NeedsCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, we hypothesize that CSHCN will require relatively more restorative dental care and thus have higher dental expenditures per dental visit and overall than children without special needs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Communication in Late-stage Cancer: Exploring Hospice DecisionDEBORAH PEASE WALDROP; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Understanding how end-of-life decisions are made is essential for the efficient planning and delivery of comprehensive services for the growing number of adults who will die from cancer. ..
- African American Men Prostate & Colorectal Cancer BeliefThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2007..A preliminary framework of the intervention strategy for this R01 application will be developed and evaluated as part of this project. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Examining Disparities in Child Dental MedicaidJessica Lee; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also examine quality performance measures as established by the NCQA expert panel. ..
- Farmwoker Environmental Health Research Comparable DataThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2004..The purpose of limiting the size of the conference is to facilitate active interaction, discussion and debate among leaders in the field. ..
- Michigan Oral Cancer Prevention NetworkAmid Ismail; Fiscal Year: 2003..By the end of the 3rd year, or earlier, the MOPCN would be ready to plan and implement community-based intervention studies...
- Trials to Enhance Elders' Teeth/Oral Health (TEETH)Asuman Kiyak; Fiscal Year: 2004..Every indication to date suggests a successful completion of this trial as projected. ..
- Sharp Instrument Injuries and Use of Clinical ServicesGerardo Maupome; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will provide important information to establish the current impact of SII/BBFE incidents in HCWs, in terms of their utilization of clinical services and associated costs. ..
- Fluoride Varnish to Prevent Caries in Toddlers - An Expanded Immunization ProgramPeter Milgrom; Fiscal Year: 2008..Keywords: fluoride varnish, dental caries, oral health, early prevention, multi-center, toddlers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Research Group Annual MtgDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- Oral Health Status and Habits of Young Children with Developmental DelayCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Annual MeetingDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- Attachment of Oral Actinobacillus to EpitheliumDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2008..The longterm goal of this application is to use this information to identify targets for therapeutic agents that can interfere with attachment of Aa to oral tissues and thus prevent colonization leading to LAP. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dental Coverage Transistions, Utilization and RetirementRICHARD MANSKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results obtained from this project will establish the independent effect of dental coverage on dental use and as a consequence provide important and timely information for policy makers. ..
- Prevention among HIV+ Crack Users in the HospitalLisa Metsch; Fiscal Year: 2009..The primary outcome of the study will be to reduce unprotected sex. Secondary outcomes will include increasing the use of HIV primary outpatient cars and increasing readiness for and entry to drug treatment. ..
- Enhancing Oral Health Care Use by HIV-PositivesLisa R Metsch; Fiscal Year: 2010..An interdisciplinary team of behavioral and clinical research scientists with experience in developing and evaluating health care and prevention interventions targeting low income, HIV+s will conduct this research. ..
- Physician Networks and Children with Chronic ConditionsDavid Grembowski; Fiscal Year: 2002..out-of-network physicians; and b) determine whether quality of care and expenditures are similar or different for children seeing in- vs. out-of-network physicians. ..
- Microbial Markers for Periodontal Disease in ChildrenDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Differences in CAM Use Among Minority Older AdultsThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Casa A Campo: Pesticide Safety for Farmworkers' FamiliesThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Biotech & Materials Research to Reduce Caries DisparityPeter Milgrom; Fiscal Year: 2005..The conference will be co-sponsored by the Northwest/Alaska Center to Reduce Oral Health Disparities, the University of Washington UWeb Bioengineering Center, and the Salivary Diagnostics Project. ..
- Community-Based Participatory Approach to Farmworker Housing, Exposures & HealthThomas A Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Ethnic Variation in CAM Use and Health Self Management among Rural Older AdultsThomas Arcury; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A pilot study for oral health case management of children with orofacial cleftsCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Race/Ethnicity, Socioeconomic Status and Oral HealthDavid Grembowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Aim 2 mixed-effect multilevel models will be used to estimate the effects of neighborhood socioeconomic disadvantage on perceived oral health controlling for individual-level characteristics. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Caries Detection and Assessement SystemAmid Ismail; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finding of the workshop will be used in a second workshop, to be organized by Dr. George Stookey, which will focus on the design of caries clinical trials and new diagnostic technology. ..
- Effects of Immigration on Oral Health: A Comparative StudyGustavo Cruz; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study would help elucidate the effects of ethnicity on the oral health of immigrants by examining some of the underlying factors associated with disparities in oral health. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Conference on Closing the Gap in Hispanics' Oral HealthGustavo Cruz; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Oral Health Disparities in Publicly Insured ChildrenTEGWYN BRICKHOUSE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Benefit: This mix of quantitative techniques and a clinical study will be utilized to address the NIDCR Priority Research Area of eliminating oral health disparities. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PREVENTION OF EARLY CHILDHOOD CARIES IN MEDICAL PRACTICER Rozier; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will do a limited assessment of the cost pe oral health- related quality of life. ..
- Linking Mother and Child Access to Dental CareDavid Grembowski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 4 analyses of children will determine whether mothers' loss of dental insurance results in fewer children dental utilization. ..
- An innovative psychoeducational method & ECC preventionKarin Weber Gasparoni; Fiscal Year: 2005..If successful, widespread use of this psychoeducational intervention could have a profound impact in efforts to reduce oral health disparities. ..
- Primary Care Provider and Preventive Oral HealthCharlotte Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, this career development award is expected to provide to Dr. Lewis the didactic and experiential training necessary to become an independent clinical investigator focusing on pediatric and dental health services research.
- Improving Access to Improve Quality in an HMODavid Grembowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] Data Sources. Group Health automated data bases. [unreadable] Analyses. Descriptive, bivariate, regression, and time series analyses will be performed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..