Summary: Services for the diagnosis and treatment of disease and the maintenance of health.
Publications278 found, 100 shown here
- Self-reported utilization of health care services: improving measurement and accuracyAman Bhandari
University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Med Care Res Rev 63:217-35. 2006....
- Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: does it matter?R M Andersen
Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, UCLA 90024 1772, USA
J Health Soc Behav 36:1-10. 1995The Behavioral Model of Health Services Use was initially developed over 25 years ago. In the interim it has been subject to considerable application, reprobation, and alteration...
- Defining comorbidity: implications for understanding health and health servicesJose M Valderas
National Institute for Health Research School for Primary Care Research, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Ann Fam Med 7:357-63. 2009..explain a particular phenomenon of interest within the domains of (1) clinical care, (2) epidemiology, or (3) health services planning and financing...
- Potential barriers to the use of health services among ethnic minorities: a reviewEmmanuel Scheppers
JBI Institute for Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Medicine, Department of Research and Education Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fam Pract 23:325-48. 2006Ethnic minority patients seem to be confronted with barriers when using health services. Yet, care providers are often oblivious to these barriers, although they may share to some extent the burden of responsibility for them...
- Gender differences in the utilization of health care servicesK D Bertakis
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento 95817, USA
J Fam Pract 49:147-52. 2000..Studies have shown that women use more health care services than men. We used important independent variables, such as patient sociodemographics and health status, to investigate gender differences in the use and costs of these services...
- Primary care: an increasingly important contributor to effectiveness, equity, and efficiency of health services. SESPAS report 2012Barbara Starfield
University Distinguished Professor, Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Gac Sanit 26:20-6. 2012..Primary health care can now be measured and assessed; all innovations and enhancements in it must serve its essential features in order to be useful...
- Tackling the challenges to health equity in ChinaShenglan Tang
WHO, Beijing Office, China Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, UK
Lancet 372:1493-501. 2008..Reforms to improve health equity will receive immense popular support, governmental commitment, and interest from the public-health community worldwide...
- Age disparities in stroke quality of care and delivery of health servicesGustavo Saposnik
Stroke Research Unit, Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stroke 40:3328-35. 2009Limited information is available on the effect of age on stroke management and care delivery. Our aim was to determine whether access to stroke care, delivery of health services, and clinical outcomes after stroke are affected by age.
- The Self-Administered Comorbidity Questionnaire: a new method to assess comorbidity for clinical and health services researchOliver Sangha
University of Munich, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 49:156-63. 2003....
- [Empirical standard costs for health economic evaluation in Germany -- a proposal by the working group methods in health economic evaluation]C Krauth
Abt Epidemiologie, Sozialmedizin und Gesundheitssystemforschung, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Gesundheitswesen 67:736-46. 2005..and indirect cost components are considered, such as outpatient medical care, pharmaceuticals, non-physician health services, inpatient care, days of sick leave and early retirement due to sickness...
- Catastrophic and poverty impacts of health payments: results from national household surveys in ThailandSupon Limwattananon
Department of Social and Administrative Pharmacy, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Bull World Health Organ 85:600-6. 2007..To estimate the incidence and describe the profile of catastrophic expenditures and impoverishment due to household out-of-pocket payments, comparing the periods before and after the introduction of universal health care coverage (UC)...
- The effect of guided care teams on the use of health services: results from a cluster-randomized controlled trialChad Boult
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 N Broadway, Room 693, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:460-6. 2011The effect of interdisciplinary primary care teams on the use of health services by patients with multiple chronic conditions is uncertain...
- Self-reports of health care utilization compared to provider recordsP L Ritter
Stanford University School of Medicine, 1000 Welch Road, Suite 204, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 54:136-41. 2001..Thus, the likelihood of bias caused by differing demographic factors is low, but researchers should take into account that underreporting occurs and is likely to increase as utilization increases...
- Socio-economic status and the utilisation of physicians' services: results from the Canadian National Population Health SurveyS Dunlop
Pharmacia and Upjohn Pty Limited, Rydalmere, NSW, Australia
Soc Sci Med 51:123-33. 2000....
- Inpatient health services utilization among HIV-infected adult patients in care 2002-2007Baligh R Yehia
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 E Monument St, Room 435, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 53:397-404. 2010..This study examines the frequency of inpatient hospitalization, the number of inpatient days, and factors associated with inpatient utilization in a multistate HIV cohort between 2002 and 2007...
- Do lower socioeconomic groups use more health services, because they suffer from more illnesses?Mariel Droomers
Centre for Prevention and Health Services Research, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, The Netherlands
Eur J Public Health 14:311-3. 2004..The more diseases one suffers from, the higher the number of health care services attended. This study aims to examine the role this association plays in socio-economic differences in multiple health care utilization...
- Socioeconomic patterns in the use of public and private health services and equity in health careEnrique Regidor
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 8:183. 2008..The purpose of this study is to estimate the relation between socioeconomic position and health services use to determine whether the findings are compatible with the attainment of horizontal equity: equal use of ..
- Social determinants of health in Canada's immigrant population: results from the National Population Health SurveyJ R Dunn
Centre for Health Services and Policy Research, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Soc Sci Med 51:1573-93. 2000..The complexity of immigrants' experiences, combined with the inherent limitations of cross-sectional survey data are discussed as major limitations to this kind of research...
- Gender differences in the utilization of health-care services among the older adult population of SpainAurea Redondo-Sendino
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, School of Medicine, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
BMC Public Health 6:155. 2006..Compared to men, women report greater morbidity and make greater use of health-care services. This study examines potential determinants of gender differences in the utilization of health-care services among the elderly...
- Health services use and health care costs of obese and nonobese individualsMarsha A Raebel
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente of Colorado, Denver, CO 80237, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2135-40. 2004..Obesity has clinical and economic consequences. Few studies have compared health care resource utilization between age- and sex-matched obese and nonobese persons...
- National health surveys and the behavioral model of health services useRonald Max Andersen
Department of Health Services, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, California, USA
Med Care 46:647-53. 2008National health surveys have played an important role in the development of health services research. They have contributed to the advancement of concepts, methods, and the policy relevance of the field...
- Do we have the right models for scaling up health services to achieve the Millennium Development Goals?Savitha Subramanian
Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of International Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:336. 2011..Yet countries scale up health services and progress against the MDGs at very different rates...
- Vitamin D is associated with cognitive function in elders receiving home health servicesJennifer S Buell
Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, 711 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 64:888-95. 2009..The objective of this study was to examine the association between 25-hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D, and cognitive function...
- Is there equity in use of healthcare services among immigrants, their descendents, and ethnic Danes?Signe S Nielsen
Department of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Øster Farimagsgade 5A, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Public Health 40:260-70. 2012..Our objective was to investigate whether differences in healthcare utilisation in immigrants, their descendents, and ethnic Danes could be explained by health status, socioeconomic factors, and integration...
- Somatization increases medical utilization and costs independent of psychiatric and medical comorbidityArthur J Barsky
Department of Psychiatry and Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:903-10. 2005..Somatoform disorders are an important determinant of medical care utilization, but their independent effect on utilization is difficult to determine because somatizing patients frequently have psychiatric and medical comorbidity...
- Private sector, human resources and health franchising in AfricaNdola Prata
Bixby Population Program, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 1690, USA
Bull World Health Organ 83:274-9. 2005..Poverty Thematic Reports on 22 countries in Africa, an assessment was made of the use of public and private health services, by asset quintile groups, for treatment of diarrhoea and acute respiratory infections, proxies for publicly ..
- Examining inequities in incidence of catastrophic health expenditures on different healthcare services and health facilities in NigeriaObinna Onwujekwe
Health Policy Research Group, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Nigeria Enugu Campus, Enugu, Nigeria
PLoS ONE 7:e40811. 2012..The study estimated the level of catastrophic healthcare expenditures for different healthcare services and facilities and their distribution across socioeconomic status (SES) groups...
- The New Cooperative Medical Scheme in rural China: does more coverage mean more service and better health?Xiaoyan Lei
China Center for Economic Research, Peking University, Beijing, China
Health Econ 18:S25-46. 2009..Our study indicates that despite the wide expansion of coverage, the impact of the NCMS is still limited...
- Health services utilization, work absenteeism and costs of pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 in Spain: a multicenter-longitudinal studyMariana Galante
CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e31696. 2012..We also estimated the economic impact on healthcare services...
- Herpes zoster burden of illness and health care resource utilisation in the Australian population aged 50 years and olderAlicia N Stein
CSL Limited, 45 Poplar Road, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Vaccine 27:520-9. 2009..4 general practitioner consultations. Total costs to the health care system were estimated as approximately 32.8 million per year. The substantial burden of zoster and PHN highlights the potential benefit of zoster vaccination...
- Lost in transition? Access to and uptake of adult health services and outcomes for young people with type 1 diabetes in regional New South WalesLin Perry
Faculty of Nursing Midwifery and Health, University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 193:444-9. 2010To document diabetes health services use and indices of glycaemic management of young people with type 1 diabetes from the time of their first contact with adult services, for those living in regional areas compared with those using ..
- Knowledge-based changes to health systems: the Thai experience in policy developmentViroj Tangcharoensathien
International Health Policy Program Thailand, 376 Mooban Panya, Patanakan Road, Bangkok, 10250 Thailand
Bull World Health Organ 82:750-6. 2004..Additionally, the media played a part in shaping the societal consensus on universal coverage...
- Asthma and posttraumatic stress symptoms 5 to 6 years following exposure to the World Trade Center terrorist attackRobert M Brackbill
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
JAMA 302:502-16. 2009..The World Trade Center Health Registry provides a unique opportunity to examine long-term health effects of a large-scale disaster...
- Chronic physical conditions and use of health services among persons with mental disorders: results from the Israel National Health SurveyDaphna Levinson
Ministry of Health, Jerusalem, Israel
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:226-32. 2008This study aimed to determine the association between common mental disorders and common chronic physical conditions and the contribution of mental disorders to the likelihood of being a higher user of health services.
- Utilization and expenditure at public and private facilities in 39 low-income countriesPriyanka Saksena
Department of Health Systems Financing, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Trop Med Int Health 17:23-35. 2012..To document the patterns of health service utilization and health payments at public and private facilities across countries...
- Subsyndromal depression: prevalence, use of health services and quality of life in an Australian populationRobert D Goldney
University of Adelaide, Department of Psychiatry, The Adelaide Clinic, 33 Park Terrace, 5081, Gilberton, South Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 39:293-8. 2004..A study of the prevalence, use of services and quality of life of those with subsyndromal depression in a random and representative Australian population...
- Overuse of health care services in the United States: an understudied problemDeborah Korenstein
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Intern Med 172:171-8. 2012..We performed an extensive search for studies of overuse of therapeutic procedures, diagnostic tests, and medications in the United States and describe the state of the literature...
- Inequality in household catastrophic health care expenditure in a low-income society of IranZahra Kavosi
Department of Health Management and Economics, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Health Policy Plan 27:613-23. 2012..We assessed change in household catastrophic health care expenditures (CHE) and inequality in facing such expenditures in south-west Tehran...
- Ukraine: Health system reviewValery Lekhan
Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy
Health Syst Transit 12:1-183, xiii-xiv. 2010..HiTs examine different approaches to the organization, financing and delivery of health services and the role of the main actors in health systems; describe the institutional framework, process, content and ..
- Intraurban differences in the use of ambulatory health services in a large brazilian cityMaria Aparecida Turci
Graduate Program in Public Health, Federal University Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J Urban Health 87:994-1006. 2010..This study aims to identify the determinants of health services utilization among adults in a large Brazilian city and intraurban disparities in health care use...
- Mutual health insurance in Rwanda: evidence on access to care and financial risk protectionPriyanka Saksena
Department of Health Systems Financing, World Health Organization, 20, Avenue Appia 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Health Policy 99:203-9. 2011..has expanded mutual health insurance considerably in recent years, which has a great potential for making health services more accessible...
- Socioeconomic differences in the utilization of health services in a Dutch population: the contribution of health statusJ B van der Meer
Department of Public Health, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Health Policy 37:1-18. 1996The main question addressed here is to what extent socioeconomic differences in the utilization of health services in the Netherlands can be explained by health status...
- Socioeconomic status and utilization of health care services in Canada and the United States: findings from a binational health surveyDebra L Blackwell
National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD, USA
Med Care 47:1136-46. 2009....
- "Getting me back on track": the role of outreach interventions in engaging and retaining people living with HIV/AIDS in medical careSerena Rajabiun
Health and Disability Working Group, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02210, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 21:S20-9. 2007....
- The effect of health-related quality of life (HRQOL) on health service utilisation of a Chinese populationCindy L K Lam
Family Medicine Unit, Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, 3rd Floor, Ap Lei Chau Clinic, 161 Main Street, Ap Lei Chau, Hong Kong
Soc Sci Med 55:1635-46. 2002..It confirmed the clinical relevance of the SF-36 to a culture and health care system that is different from that of the United States where the instrument originated...
- Economic burden prior to COPD diagnosis: a matched case-control study in the United StatesManabu Akazawa
Department of Health Policy and Administration, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Respir Med 102:1744-52. 2008..To understand the economic burden of COPD prior to diagnosis in the U.S., trends in utilization and costs during the period before initial COPD diagnosis were compared with matched controls...
- Household catastrophic health expenditure: evidence from Georgia and its policy implicationsGeorge Gotsadze
Curatio International Foundation, 37d, I Chavchavadze ave, Tbilisi, 0179, Georgia
BMC Health Serv Res 9:69. 2009....
- Burden of illness in painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy: the patients' perspectivesMugdha Gore
Avalon Health Solutions, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
J Pain 7:892-900. 2006..5% reported activity limitations; and 64.4% of patients who worked (N = 73) reported missing work/decreased work productivity due to painful DPN. Our results underscore a substantial patient-level burden among subjects with painful DPN...
- Health care quality, geographic variations, and the challenge of supply-sensitive careElliott S Fisher
Center for the Evaluative Clinical Sciences, Dartmouth Medical School, Hannover, NH 03755 3863, USA
Perspect Biol Med 46:69-79. 2003
- Factors associated with the health care utilization of homeless personsM B Kushel
Division of General Internal Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Box 0936, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
JAMA 285:200-6. 2001..Homeless persons face numerous barriers to receiving health care and have high rates of illness and disability. Factors associated with health care utilization by homeless persons have not been explored from a national perspective...
- Weighted multimorbidity indexes predicted mortality, health service use, and health-related quality of life in older womenLeigh Tooth
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 61:151-9. 2008..To develop indexes of multimorbidity, based on self-reported data, to predict mortality, health service use, help with activities of daily living (ADL), and health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in older women...
- The private health sector in IndiaAmit Sengupta
BMJ 331:1157-8. 2005
- Postpartum depression and health services expenditures among employed womenRada K Dagher
Department of Health Services Administration, School of Public Health, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Occup Environ Med 54:210-5. 2012To investigate the association of postpartum depression with health services expenditures among employed women.
- The effect of strength and endurance training on gait, balance, fall risk, and health services use in community-living older adultsD M Buchner
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 52:M218-24. 1997The study tested the effect of strength and endurance training on gait, balance, physical health status, fall risk, and health services use in older adults.
- Health services utilization and cost of retinitis pigmentosaKevin D Frick
Department of Health Policy and Management, The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624NBroadway, Room 606, Baltimore, MD 21205 1901, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 130:629-34. 2012To estimate annual per-patient health services utilization and costs of retinitis pigmentosa (RP) in the United States.
- Trends in health services utilization, medication use, and health conditions among older adults: a 2-year retrospective chart review in a primary care practiceKetan Vegda
Primary Care Research Unit, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Room E3 49, Toronto, ON, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 9:217. 2009..The objectives of this study is to measure older patients' use of health services, number of health conditions, and use of medications at the level of a primary care practice, and to ..
- Striving for better health through health research in post-conflict Timor-LesteNelson Martins
Minister of Health, Democratic Republic of Timor Leste, Ministry of Health, Caicoli, Dili, Timor Leste
Health Res Policy Syst 10:13. 2012..We discuss the development of this initiative to build health research capacity within the context of Timor-Leste's health system, history and future goals...
- The economic impact of chronic diseases: how do households respond to shocks? Evidence from RussiaDele Olawale Abegunde
World Health Organization, Chronic Diseases and Health Promotion, 20 Avenue Appia, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Soc Sci Med 66:2296-307. 2008..These results have implications for policies regarding the financing of treatment and control of chronic diseases in the country studied...
- [Trends in social inequalities in health in Catalonia, Spain]Carme Borrell
Agència de Salut Pública de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 137:60-5. 2011..of social class inequalities in men and women in health status, health related behaviours and utilization of health services in Catalonia between 1994 and 2006...
- Trends in social class inequalities in the use of health care services within the Spanish National Health System, 1993-2006Laia Palencia
CIBER de Epidemiología y Salut Pública CIBERESP, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Health Econ 14:211-9. 2013..The aim of this study was to analyse the trends and socio-economic inequalities in the use of health care services in Spain between 1993 and 2006...
- Pattern of health services use by immigrants from different regions of the world residing in SpainBelén Sanz
National School of Public Health, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Avda Monforte de Lemos nº5, pabellón 7, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Int J Public Health 56:567-76. 2011To determine immigrants' frequency of use of four health services by place of origin and compare it with that of the Spanish population.
- Contracting for health services: effects of utilization and quality on the costs of the Basic Package of Health Services in AfghanistanOmid Ameli
Tech Serve Program, Management Sciences for Health, Kabul, Afghanistan
Bull World Health Organ 86:920-8. 2008To research the effects of changes in health service utilization and quality on the costs of the Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) in 13 provinces of Afghanistan.
- Chiropractic episodes and the co-occurrence of chiropractic and health services use among older Medicare beneficiariesPaula A M Weigel
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Iowa College of Public Health, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 35:168-75. 2012..The purpose of this study was to define and characterize episodes of chiropractic care among older Medicare beneficiaries and to evaluate the extent to which chiropractic services were used in tandem with conventional medicine...
- Understanding use of health services in conditional cash transfer programs: insights from qualitative research in Latin America and TurkeyMichelle Adato
Poverty, Health and Nutrition Division, International Food Policy Research Institute, 2033K St NW, Washington, DC 20006, United States
Soc Sci Med 72:1921-9. 2011..We conclude that impacts can be increased through a better understanding of multiple contextual influences on health care decisions, and greater attention to the health education components and complementary interventions...
- Influence of socioeconomic status, wealth and financial empowerment on gender differences in health and healthcare utilization in later life: evidence from IndiaKakoli Roy
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, Mail Stop E 94, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Soc Sci Med 66:1951-62. 2008..Financial empowerment might confer older women the health advantage reflected in developed societies by enhancing a woman's ability to undertake primary and secondary prevention during the life course...
- Relation between depressed mood, somatic comorbidities and health service utilisation in older adults: results from the KORA-Age studyMaria Elena Lacruz
Institute of Epidemiology II, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Ingolstadter Landstr 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Age Ageing 41:183-90. 2012..prior literature suggests that comorbidity with depression significantly worsens the health state of people with chronic diseases...
- Assessing the effects of removing user fees in Zambia and NigerMylene Lagarde
Department of Global Health and Development, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
J Health Serv Res Policy 17:30-6. 2012....
- Health services accreditation: what is the evidence that the benefits justify the costs?Virginia Mumford
Centre for Clinical Governance Research, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Int J Qual Health Care 25:606-20. 2013To identify and analyse research on the use of economic evaluation in health services accreditation.
- Self-reported diabetes is associated with self-management behaviour: a cohort studyBaiju R Shah
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 8:142. 2008....
- Australian families living with rare disease: experiences of diagnosis, health services use and needs for psychosocial supportMatilda Anderson
Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit, Kids Research Institute, Westmead, NSW, 2145, Australia
Orphanet J Rare Dis 8:22. 2013..Our aim was to develop a comprehensive survey to assess health, psychosocial and financial impacts on Australian families caring for a child with a rare disease...
- Analgesic usage for low back pain: impact on health care costs and service useMolly T Vogt
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:1075-81. 2005..Cross-sectional analysis of analgesic use by patients with low back pain (LBP)...
- The impact of clinical social franchising on health services in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic reviewNaomi Beyeler
Global Health Group, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e60669. 2013The private sector plays a large role in health services delivery in low- and middle-income countries; yet significant gaps remain in the quality and accessibility of private sector services...
- [Impact in the utilisation of the health services of socio-demographic variables, life-style and self-rated health by immigrant groups living in the Basque Country, Spain]Elena Rodríguez Alvarez
Departamento de Enfermería I, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Bizkaia
Rev Esp Salud Publica 82:209-20. 2008..The aim of this work is to identify the factors associated to the utilisation of the public health services of immigrant groups in the Basque Country.
- Health care utilisation amongst Shenzhen migrant workers: does being insured make a difference?Jin Mou
Shenzhen Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, Shenzhen, 518020, Guangdong, China
BMC Health Serv Res 9:214. 2009....
- Who benefits from health services in South Africa?John Ele Ojo Ataguba
Health Economics Unit, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Health Econ Policy Law 8:21-46. 2013..comprehensively evaluates an aspect of current health system performance - the benefit incidence of health services. It seeks to understand how the benefits from using health services in South Africa are currently distributed ..
- Community based study to compare the incidence and health services utilization pyramid for gastrointestinal, respiratory and dermal symptomsNusrat Najnin
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 12:211. 2012..The aim of this study was to describe the epidemiology and rate these three major symptom complexes in order to improve our understanding of the health burden imposed by these symptoms...
- Use of health care services and satisfaction with care in people with multiple sclerosis in Stockholm County: a population-based studyK Gottberg
Division of Neurology, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Mult Scler 14:962-71. 2008..To explore and to describe the use of health, social, and informal care services and satisfaction with care in a population-based sample of people with multiple sclerosis (PwMS) in Stockholm County...
- Access in health services research: the battle of the frameworksThomas C Ricketts
School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research, Campus Box 7590, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7590, USA
Nurs Outlook 53:274-80. 2005..Access is an important concept in the study of the organization, financing and delivery of healthcare services. It is also an important political symbol and policy goal...
- Types and factor structure of barriers to utilization of health services among aging South Asians in Calgary, CanadaDaniel W L Lai
Faculty of Social Work, The University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Can J Aging 29:249-58. 2010Elderly people from ethnic minority groups often experience different barriers in accessing health services. Studies have typically focused on combined groups of elderly immigrants or on large ethno-cultural minorities such as the ..
- Health services utilization among South African women living with HIV and reporting sexual and substance-use risk behaviorsWinnie K Luseno
Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluations and Interventions Research Program, RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, P O Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:257-64. 2010HIV health services are critical in sub-Saharan African where the burden of the HIV pandemic is devastating...
- What do patients want most from sexual health services?S Hitchings
Department of Reproductive and Sexual Health, Enfield Primary Care Trust, Enfield, UK
Int J STD AIDS 20:719-22. 2009..78%), technical expertise (6.26%) or other patient-centred aspects of care. These findings, which represent patients' views, have important implications for service design...
- Hospital use and survival among Veterans Affairs beneficiariesCarol M Ashton
Center for Quality of Care and Utilization Studies, Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 349:1637-46. 2003..We examined changes in the use of VA health services and survival from 1994 through 1998 among VA beneficiaries with serious chronic diseases...
- Noncommunicable chronic disease in Bangladesh: overview of existing programs and priorities going forwardSara N Bleich
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Health Policy 100:282-9. 2011..This paper reviews existing NCD programs in Bangladesh and identifies key priorities for the country to help address the NCD burden...
- The rural-urban divide: health services utilization among older Mexicans in MexicoJennifer J Salinas
University of Texas School of Public Health, Brownsville Regional Campus, Brownsville, Texas 78520 4956, USA
J Rural Health 26:333-41. 2010..Mexico...
- Call for a national plan for rare diseasesAdam Jaffe
Respiratory Department, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 46:2-4. 2010..to plans developed internationally, to address the impacts of rare diseases on individuals, the community and health services. Rare diseases often present in childhood, many are chronic, some life threatening and others associated with ..
- Estimation of the determinants of household health care expenditures in Nepal with controls for endogenous illness and provider choiceJeffrey J Rous
Department of Economics, University of North Texas, USA
Health Econ 12:431-51. 2003....
- Inequalities in health care use and expenditures: empirical data from eight developing countries and countries in transitionM Makinen
Abt Associates Inc, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Bull World Health Organ 78:55-65. 2000..The studies measure inequality in the use of and spending on health services. Richer groups are found to have a higher probability of obtaining care when sick, to be more likely to be ..
- What do we know about men's help-seeking and health service use?James A Smith
University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Med J Aust 184:81-3. 2006Men seek help and use health services less frequently than women do. Men's help-seeking practices and health service use are complex issues involving biological, psychological and sociological considerations...
- Threads and yarns: weaving the tapestry of comorbidityBarbara Starfield
Ann Fam Med 4:101-3. 2006
- An assessment of the implementation of the Health Care Funds for the Poor policy in rural VietnamNguyen Xuan Thanh
Institute of Health Economics, 1200, 10405 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5J 3N4
Health Policy 98:58-64. 2010..for the Poor (HCFP) policy which offered free public health care services to help the poor access public health services and reduce their health care expenditure (HCE)...
- Health service utilization in IBD: comparison of self-report and administrative dataTeresa Longobardi
University of Manitoba IBD Clinical and Research Centre, Winnipeg, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 11:137. 2011..The reliability of self-report regarding health care utilization in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is unknown. If proven reliable, it could help justify self-report as a means of determining health care utilization and associated costs...
- [Importance of chronic musculoskeletal problems in the population of Catalonia (Spain): prevalence and effect on self-perceived health, activity restriction and use of health services]Maria Jesús Pueyo
Plan Director de Enfermedades Reumáticas y del Aparato Locomotor y Plan de Salud, Dirección General de Planificación y Evaluación, Departamento de Salud, Generalitat de Cataluña, Barcelona, Espana
Gac Sanit 26:30-6. 2012To determine the importance of chronic musculoskeletal problems in the adult population of Catalonia (Spain) and their effect on self-perceived health, activity restriction and use of health services.
- Coping strategies for financial burdens in families with childhood pneumonia in BangladeshNadia I Alamgir
James P Grant School of Public Health, BRAC University, 66 Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
BMC Public Health 10:622. 2010..This study aimed to determine the out-of pocket expenditure and coping strategies adopted by families of children admitted in a hospital in Bangladesh with pneumonia...
- Health service providers in Somalia: their readiness to provide malaria case-managementAbdisalan M Noor
Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, Centre for Geographic Medicine, KEMRI, Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
Malar J 8:100. 2009..The readiness of the public health sector to provide malaria case-management in Somalia, a country where there has been no functioning central government for almost two decades, was investigated...
- The direct medical costs of undiagnosed chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDouglas W Mapel
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, Albuquerque, NM 87106 4264, USA
Value Health 11:628-36. 2008..To estimate the costs of undiagnosed chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) by describing inpatient, outpatient, and pharmacy utilization in the years before and after the diagnosis...
- Investing in big ideas: utilisation and cost of Medicare Allied Health services in Australia under the Chronic Disease Management initiative in primary careRobyn P Cant
Monash University, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Churchill, Australia
Aust Health Rev 35:468-74. 2011To critically examine utilisation of the 13 allied health services provided through Medicare Chronic Disease Management program and related general practitioner (GP) care planning initiatives.
- Physical accessibility and utilization of health services in YemenAbdullah Al-Taiar
Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Int J Health Geogr 9:38. 2010Assessment of physical access to health services is extremely important for planning...
- Inequalities in health and health service utilisation among reproductive age women in St. Petersburg, Russia: a cross-sectional studyTatiana Dubikaytis
St Petersburg Medical Academy of Postgraduate Studies, 193015 Kirochnaja ul, 41, St Petersburg, Russia
BMC Health Serv Res 10:307. 2010..During this time, extensive reforms have taken place in the organisation of health services, including the development of the private sector...
- Elevated healthcare utilisation in young adult males with obstructive sleep apnoeaH Reuveni
Sleep Wake Disorders Unit, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Eur Respir J 31:273-9. 2008..Compared with middle-aged males with obstructive sleep apnoea, in whom increased expenditure was related to cardiovascular disease and body mass index, utilisation was not related to any specific disease in younger cases...
- Effect of allergic rhinitis on the use and cost of health services by children with asthmaHye Young Kang
Graduate School of Public Health, Institute of Health Services Research, Yonsei University, 250 Seongsanno, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 49:521-9. 2008Allergic rhinitis (AR) is common among children with asthma and exacerbates asthma symptoms. To assess the incremental utilization and cost of asthma-related health services due to concomitant AR among asthmatic children.
- Health care utilization in the 10 years prior to diagnosis in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome patientsJ Ronald
Sleep Disorders Centre, St. Boniface General Hospital Research Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Sleep 22:225-9. 1999..Use of health services was significantly higher in 7 of 10 years prior to diagnosis...
- REHABILITATION AND FUNCTION RECOVERY AFTER HIP FRACTUREYuchi Young; Fiscal Year: 2003..Findings will be useful for developing intervention programs to improve functional independence among elderly hip fracture patients. ..
- Psychosocial Determinants of Nutrient Intake in GirlsRuth Striegel Moore; Fiscal Year: 2004..Adult weight was also measured. Results from our secondary analyses will be useful for interventions aimed at improving nutritional health. ..
- Effectiveness of Guided Self-Help for Binge EatingRuth Striegel Moore; Fiscal Year: 2007..These disorders also are associated with elevated health services utilization, yet these services rarely target the eating disorder (ED) specifically...
- EFFECT OF HEART DISEASE EDUCATION ON OLDER WOMENNoreen Clark; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- School-Based Approaches to Help Pre-Teens Manage AsthmaNoreen Clark; Fiscal Year: 2007..Asthma rates for this age group continue to rise and the problems associated with the disease are especially difficult in poor communities. This study will assess innovative interventions for low-income minority preteens with asthma. ..
- EFFECT OF SELF-REGULATORY EDUCATION ON WOMEN WITH ASTHMANoreen Clark; Fiscal Year: 2004..gender-related asthma management problems, higher levels of physical functioning, fewer days of missed work, increased satisfaction with their quality of life, less frequent symptoms, and reduced use of health services.
- PREVALENCE AND IMPACT OF GLAUCOMA AMONG THE VERY ELDERLYDavid Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the interactions between comorbidities (including cognitive deficits) and visual field loss will be explored. ..
- Economic Consequences of Alcohol Use DisordersMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2008..Estimate the effects of alcohol use disorders on health services utilization including emergency room episodes, injuries requiring medical care, inpatient hospital episodes, ..
- Economic Evaluation Methods: Development and ApplicationMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Epidemiology and Care of Comorbid Obesity and DepressionGregory Simon; Fiscal Year: 2006..weight loss, nutrient intake, physical activity, depressive symptoms, functional impairment and disability in the two groups of women with comorbid obesity and depression randomly assigned to the two different intervention programs ..
- Pilot Trial of Peer Support for Bipolar DisorderGregory Simon; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- COSTS AND BENEFITS OF ALCOHOL SERVICES & INTERVENTIONSMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2005..S. as well as abroad, the proposed study holds important potential to assist researchers, policymakers, and program directors with economic evaluation guidelines and "real world" applications. ..
- ECONOMIC EVALUATION METHODS--DEVELOPMENT & APPLICATIONSMichael French; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Can Longitudinal Population-Based Data Help to Personalize Depression Treatment?Gregory E Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose a set of targeted methodologic studies to prepare for a multi-site research consortium focused on predicting response to specific depression treatments. ..
- Three Methods for Costing Methadone Treatment ServicesGARY ZARKIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Safety Culture and Outcomes in HealthcareLaurence Baker; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Adapting a Medical Self-Management Program for a Community Mental Health CenterBenjamin Druss; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, it will provide a sustainable, scalable model for improving medical self-management in a highly vulnerable population. ..
- Trabajando Juntos: Working for Health Disparity Reduction among LatinosSCOTT RHODES; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Service Use by Men on Methadone Commiting Partner AbuseElwin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will provide pilot findings for the development of an R01 study testing the efficacy of an intervention designed to increase service utilization among men attending MMTPs who perpetrate IPV. ..
- Rapid Responses to Problem Drinking on College CampusesSCOTT RHODES; Fiscal Year: 2007..Although the environmental intervention should be more than one year, the minimum time would be one academic year with a one year follow up. A pilot study with a historically black college or university is also proposed. ..
- Sensible Treatment of Obesity in Rural Youth- STORYDavid Janicke; Fiscal Year: 2006..Findings will provide critical information for planning the R18 RCT. ..
- DEPRESSIVE DISORDERS IN PRIMARY CARE AND WORK SETTINGSBenjamin Druss; Fiscal Year: 2003The proposed K08 Mentored Clinical Scientist Development Award outlines a program of training and health services research studying the impact of depressive disorders outside of the specialty mental health sector...
- A Randomized Trial of Home Self-Efficacy EnhancementAnthony Jerant; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will help policymakers, payers, and providers identify which interventions to implement. ..
- HIV Among Rural Latino Gay Men and MSM in the SoutheastSCOTT RHODES; Fiscal Year: 2007..Study findings also will help shape new multilevel intervention approaches and strategies to reduce the disproportionate HIV/AIDS disease burden of Latino men. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Informal Caregiving & Medical Adherence Among HIV+ IDUsAmy Knowlton; Fiscal Year: 2009..Study findings will contribute to the identification of appropriate targets and approaches for the behavioral adherence intervention. ..
- Economic Evaluation of Addiction ServicesJENNIFER RUGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..D. on issues related to substance abuse and mental health services for adolescents; and with Michael T. French, Ph.D. and Milton C. Weinstein, Ph.D...
- Natural History of Attempts to Stop SmokingJohn R Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Modeling Benefits and Costs of Prison-Based Substance Abuse TreatmentGARY ZARKIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..2005a). Results will help policy makers make better judgments about the allocation of funding to prison-based drug treatment resources. ..
- Novel HIV Prevention for African American, Methamphetamine-Involved Male CouplesElwin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Donald McVinney from the Harm Reduction Coalition. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analysis of the Cardiac Access StudyThomas LaVeist; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NIDA SWRD Programs' Promising New Investigators MeetingElwin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Service Use, ATI Program Outcomes, and Pro-Social ChangeElwin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study will be conducted by Dr. Elwin Wu and Dr. Nabila EI-Bassel of the Social Intervention Group at the Columbia University School of Social Work. ..
- Child Welfare, Drug Abuse and Intergenerational RiskPhilip McCallion; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- C-CAPRELA: Cervical Cancer Prevention for LatinasSCOTT RHODES; Fiscal Year: 2008..developing effective interventions to reduce those disparities, and facilitating intervention delivery." [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MANAGED CARE AND HEALTH CARE MARKETSLaurence Baker; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Race, Ethnicity and Quality of Health Care for NewbornsLaurence Baker; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our work will focus on Black-White differences, disparities for Hispanics (including subgroups like Mexican and Puerto Rican), and disparities for Asian and Pacific Islanders. ..
- TREATMENT AND CLINICAL COURSE OF COMPLEX PTSDJulian Ford; Fiscal Year: 2006..psychopathology and psychotherapy, (d) psychometric theory and instrument development; (e) psychotherapy and health services outcome research methodology; and (f) multivariate biostatistical theory and methods...
- COST EFFECTIVENESS OF ALCOHOL TREATMENTGARY ZARKIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CONTEXT AND EFFECTIVENESS OF TWO MODELS OF SVC DELIVERYChristine Grella; Fiscal Year: 2002..These data will provide a multilevel context in which to evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of the two models of service delivery. ..
- Improving Asthma Communication in Minority FamiliesArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Internal Barriers to Seeking Smoking Cessation TreatmentJohn Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our results will suggest messages for media campaigns and for clinicians to use to motivate smokers to access proven treatments. ..
- A+ Asthma Rural PartnershipArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings of this study will be important to clinicians, researchers, and health policy makers. ..
- Gender Differences in a Follow-up of Opiate Users in CAChristine Grella; Fiscal Year: 2007..drug treatment utilization and other social interventions and associated outcomes; health status and health services utilization; and predictors and correlates of mortality...
- EVALUATION OF A CIGARETTE SUBSTITUTEJohn Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2001..We believe it imperative to begin studying these substitutes so that, unlike low-tar/low nicotine cigarettes, we will know whether their introduction is good or bad for public health. ..
- HOME NURSE INTERVENTION FOR IUDE INFANTS--3 YR FOLLOW UPArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data will be of significant use to researchers, health care providers, insurers and policy makers. ..
- NEBULIZER INTERVENTION IN MINORITY CHILDREN WITH ASTHMAArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Study findings will improve clinical care to this vulnerable population of children and will be if significant use to health care providers, researchers, insurers and policy makers. ..
- Gradual vs Abrupt Cessation Treatment for SmokingJohn Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will be the first large, systematic test of gradual vs. abrupt cessation. ..
- Prevention of Depression Among Pre-Adolescent YouthCAROLYN MC CARTY; Fiscal Year: 2008..The data collected will form the basis for a future R-01 research proposal to study an expanded application of the prevention program that will be generated. ..
- E-Technology to Enhance Addiction Counselor HelpingMary Jo Larson; Fiscal Year: 2007..With staff and faculty from social work, psychology, nursing and psychiatry, project publications will be broadly disseminated among all counseling disciplines and the regional ATI-C programs. ..
- Diabetes and Drug-Associated Hyperkalemia: Effect of Laboratory MonitoringMarsha Raebel; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings will also assist in developing a framework for future studies to evaluate the effects and costs of medication-laboratory monitoring among patients with diabetes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TEST OF A DISSONANCE EATING DISORDER PREVENTION PROGRAMEric Stice; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the proposed study should be the definitive test of this new promising eating disorder prevention program and should significantly advance our knowledge regarding the prevention of this pervasive psychiatric problem. ..
- Metabolic Syndrome in Adult Survivors of Childhood ALLJames Gurney; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Valuation of Primary Care-Integrated TelehealthKenneth McConnochie; Fiscal Year: 2006..Direct and indirect costs will be assessed. Study B will assess integration in primary care, for example by measuring impact on continuity of care, adherence to well-child visit schedules and immunization rates. ..
- Early Combined Intervention After Traumatic InjuryDouglas F Zatzick; Fiscal Year: 2010..advisory committee that will integrate study findings into ongoing policy discussions surrounding the adoption of sustainable acute mental health services for diverse injured survivors of individual and mass trauma.
- Preventing Psychiatric Sequelae of Traumatic InjuryMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..Findings will provide justification for and information about optimal parameters (e.g., subject selection; sample size; dose and duration) for a future randomized controlled trial (RCT). ..
- Pharmacological fMRI to Identify New Anxiolytics: A Human BioassayMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing the development of new treatments for anxiety is a public health priority. The projects proposed in this application have the potential to achieve this important aim. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- POPULATION-BASED MANAGEMENT OF DEPRESSIONGregory Simon; Fiscal Year: 2003..e. 12-18 mos) Incremental cost and cost-effectiveness of each intervention program compared to care as usual. ..
- Indicated Prevention with At-Risk GamblersMary Larimer; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, there is virtually no research evaluating mediators or moderators of gambling intervention efficacy. ..
- Planning for a CTSA Application at the University of ConnecticutJudith Fifield; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DRUG ABUSE, VIOLENCE, AND HIV/AIDS IN IMPOVERISHED WOMENSuzanne Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- HOSTILITY, MARITAL INTERACTION AND HEALTH IN AGINGTimothy Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., fluid and crystallized intelligence). The long-term goal of the research is to identify potentially modifiable determinants of cardiovascular risk, marital adjustment, and cognitive aging in adulthood. ..
- Planning a Clinical Trial on Low Vision RehabilitationCynthia Owsley; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DIRECTLY OBSERVED HAART FOR ACTIVE SUBSTANCE ABUSERSTimothy Flanigan; Fiscal Year: 2003..The ACASI questionnaire will be administered and sera collected for laboratory assays at baseline, 1,3,6,9,12,15,18,21, and 24 months. ..
- Dental Coverage Transistions, Utilization and RetirementRICHARD MANSKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results obtained from this project will establish the independent effect of dental coverage on dental use and as a consequence provide important and timely information for policy makers. ..
- PACE+--COUNSELING ADOLESCENTS FOR EXERCISE AND NUTRITIONKevin Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2003..The PACE+ intervention is particularly innovative in that 3 components--computer, provider counseling, and an extended home-based intervention--are unified through a common theoretical framework. ..
- Alcohol Research Collabortive: Peer ProgramsMary Larimer; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Informal Care of Older Adults and Medicare ExpendituresCOURTNEY VAN HOUTVEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- New Methods of Studying Aging, Health and Longevity: Combining Longitudinal DataANATOLIY I YASHIN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Complications of Surgery for Spinal Stenosis: A Clinical Prediction RuleRichard A Deyo; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: A new method for estimating surgical risk will improve patient safety and assist in surgical decision-making, informed consent, monitoring surgical products, &improving quality assessment. ..
- Pathways into Services for Alcohol and Drug DisordersMark J Edlund; Fiscal Year: 2010..only a particular service sector, we propose to study the interactions among substance abuse services, mental health services, and primary care services, with the ultimate focus on substance abuse services...
- ADULT THERAPEUTIC CLINICAL TRIALS PROGRAM FOR HIV/AIDSTimothy Flanigan; Fiscal Year: 2006..This clinical site will be able to contribute to the agenda of long term viral suppression in all compartments utilizing combination therapies, particularly among women and hard to reach populations. ..
- Social Role Disability and Mental-Physical Co-MorbidityMichael Von Korff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Genetics of Inattention in AustraliaTHEODORE CICERO; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will be at a marked cost savings due to the employment of existing well-characterized samples and the long history of collaborative studies between investigators from Australia and the United States. ..
- Sensory Impairment, Functional Status and MortalityDavid Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..