Genomes and Genes
deae cellulose chromatography
Summary: A type of ion exchange chromatography using diethylaminoethyl cellulose (DEAE-CELLULOSE) as a positively charged resin. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- Purification and partial characterization of two proteinases from Clostridium butyricum M 55P Ciborowski
Department of Bacteriology, National Institute of Hygiene, Warsaw, Poland
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 268:180-92. 1988..M55 proteinases were purified by application of a multistep procedure involving ethanol precipitation, DEAE cellulose chromatography and molecular sieving. The purified enzymes obtained were called proteinase I and proteinase II...
- Purification and partial characterization of a chitinase from the mycoparasitic fungus Trichothecium roseumDuo-Chuan Li
Department of Plant Pathology, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, Shandong 271018, China
J Gen Appl Microbiol 50:35-9. 2004
- Characterization of profilaggrin endoproteinase 1. A regulated cytoplasmic endoproteinase of epidermisK A Resing
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado, Boulder 80309, USA
J Biol Chem 270:28193-8. 1995..In contrast to the specific cleavage of mouse profilaggrin, PEP1 cleaved all linker regions of rat profilaggrin. Studies with phosphorylated P1 suggest that PEP1 specificity may be partly regulated by profilaggrin phosphorylation...
- Purification, characterization, and biosynthesis of human acid ceramidaseK Bernardo
Institut fur Organische Chemie und Biochemie, Universitat Bonn, Germany
J Biol Chem 270:11098-102. 1995..A minor portion of newly synthesized acid ceramidase was secreted into the medium as a monomeric 47-kDa protein, indicating that generation of the mature heterodimeric enzyme occurred in endosomal and/or lysosomal compartments...
- Isolation, characterization, and primary structure of a calcium-binding 63-kDa bone proteinM Wendel
Department of Medical and Physiological Chemistry, University of Lund, Sweden
J Biol Chem 270:6125-33. 1995..This extracellular protein corresponds to a mouse protein called nucleobindin...
- Purification and properties of long-chain acyl-CoA hydrolases from the liver cytosol of rats treated with peroxisome proliferatorJ Yamada
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Tokyo College of Pharmacy, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 308:118-25. 1994..Immunoblot analysis suggested the presence of the enzymes also in extrahepatic tissues, especially in the brain and testis (ACH1), and in the heart and kidney (ACH2)...
- Two additional glutaredoxins exist in Escherichia coli: glutaredoxin 3 is a hydrogen donor for ribonucleotide reductase in a thioredoxin/glutaredoxin 1 double mutantF Aslund
Medical Nobel Institute for Biochemistry, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:9813-7. 1994..The physiological functions of Grx2 and Grx3 remain to be determined...
- Purification and properties of an alpha-methylacyl-CoA racemase from rat liverW Schmitz
Theodor Boveri Institut für Biowissenschaften Biozentrum der Universität Würzburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 222:313-23. 1994..The enzyme was inactivated by micromolar concentrations of Hg2+ and to a lesser extent by Cu2+ but not by iodoacetamide and only slightly by N-ethylmaleimide and thimerosal...
- Purification, characterization and N-terminal sequence of phosphoserine aminotransferase from the green alga Scenedesmus obliquus, mutant C-2 A'M Stolz
Fachbereich Biologie Botanik, , Marburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 49:63-9. 1994..From the purified enzyme 18 amino acids of the N-terminus could be determined, showing at least 67% homology with the serC gene encoding phosphoserine aminotransferases from bacterial organisms...
- A soluble exopolyphosphatase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Purification and characterizationH Wurst
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5307
J Biol Chem 269:10996-1001. 1994..At 37 degrees C, the enzyme releases about 500 phosphate residues/s. It does not act on pyrophosphate, ATP, or the cyclic form of tripolyphosphate. For optimal activity the enzyme requires magnesium, manganese, or cobalt...
- Purification and characterization of a hemoglobin degrading aspartic protease from the malarial parasite Plasmodium vivaxArun Sharma
Malaria Research Centre, 22 Sham Nath Marg, Delhi 110 054, India
J Biochem 138:71-8. 2005..Ca2+ and Mg2+ ions enhance the protease activity, whereas Cu2+ and Hg2+ ions were found to be inhibitory. The pivotal role of aspartic protease in initiating hemoglobin degradation in P. vivax malaria parasite is also demonstrated...
- Purification and properties of an extracellular protease of Staphylococcus aureusG R Drapeau
J Biol Chem 247:6720-6. 1972
- Dipeptidyl peptidase III from human erythrocytesM Abramic
Dept Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Zagreb
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 369:29-38. 1988..A hydrophobic residue at P'1 was preferred. Among substrates were angiotensins and Leu-enkephalin. The enzyme showed particularly high affinity for angiotensin III...
- Proteolysis in heterocyst-forming cyanobacteria: characterization of a further enzyme with trypsin-like specificity, and of a prolyl endopeptidase from Anabaena variabilisU Strohmeier
, Regensburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 49:70-8. 1994..A second enzyme cleaving at the carboxyl side of lysine and arginine, and a prolyl endopeptidase were detected, enriched and characterized. Both proteolytic enzymes appear to be located in the periplasm...
- Purification and characterization of two cold-adapted extracellular tannin acyl hydrolases from an Antarctic strain Verticillium sp. P9Monika Kasieczka-Burnecka
Institute of Technical Biochemistry, Technical University of Lodz ITB TUL, Stefanowskiego 4 10, Lodz, Poland
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:77-89. 2007..The k (cat) and k (cat)/K (m) values (for both the substrates) were considerably higher for the combined preparation of TAH I and TAH II...
- Fasciola gigantica: enzymes of the ornithine-proline-glutamate pathway--characterization of delta1-pyrroline-5-carboxylate dehydrogenaseSaleh A Mohamed
Molecular Biology Department, National Research Centre, Cairo, Egypt
Exp Parasitol 118:47-53. 2008..While 3mM AMP caused 31% activation of enzyme, 3mM ADP and ATP inhibited activity by 18% and 23%, respectively. Apart from Cu2+, the divalent cations that were studied caused partial inhibitory effects on the enzyme...
- Mechanisms of substrate binding with glutamine synthetase. Equilibrium isotope exchanges with the ovine brain, pea seed, and Escherichia coli enzymesF C Wedler
J Biol Chem 249:5080-7. 1974
- Soluble cytochrome b 5 reductase from human erythrocytesP G Passon
Biochim Biophys Acta 275:62-73. 1972
- The variable subunit structure of lysine-sensitive aspartylkinase from Escherichia coli TIR-8E G Niles
Biochemistry 12:1715-22. 1973
- Separation of anthranilate synthetase components I and II of Escherichia coli, Salmonella typhimurium, and Serratia marcescens and determination of their amino-terminal sequences by automatic Edman degradationS L Li
Biochemistry 13:1736-44. 1974
- Exonuclease VII of Escherichia coli. Purification and propertiesJ W Chase
J Biol Chem 249:4545-52. 1974
- Trypanosoma cruzi: molecular cloning and characterization of the S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolaseNathan B Parker
Department of Molecular Biosciences, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Exp Parasitol 105:149-58. 2003..3 microM for NAD(+) binding to the T. cruzi enzyme is approximately 11-fold higher than the K(d) (0.12 microM) for NAD(+) binding to the human enzyme...
- RNA polymerase II transcription factor SIII. I. Identification, purification, and propertiesJ N Bradsher
Program in Molecular and Cell Biology, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City 73104
J Biol Chem 268:25587-93. 1993..All three polypeptides are required to reconstitute SIII transcriptional activity. SIII appears distinct from previously identified mammalian transcription factors...
- Nuclear and mitochondrial forms of human uracil-DNA glycosylase are encoded by the same geneG Slupphaug
UNIGEN, Center for Molecular Biology, University of Trondheim, Norway
Nucleic Acids Res 21:2579-84. 1993..We conclude that the same gene encodes nuclear and mitochondrial uracil-DNA glycosylase and that the signals for mitochondrial translocation resides in the presequence, whereas signals for nuclear import are within the mature protein...
- Purification and characterization of a copper-binding protein from Asian periwinkle Littorina breviculaSoo-Kyung Ryu
Department of Life Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120-750, Republic of Korea
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 134:101-7. 2003..The finding that Cu-BP in the Asian periwinkle is distinct from MT-like Cd-BP suggests that the timely expression of specific metal-binding proteins allows added protection against each heavy metal in severely polluted conditions...
- Purification and characterization of a novel chitinase from Burkholderia cepacia strain KH2 isolated from the bed log of Lentinus edodes, Shiitake mushroomKihachiro Ogawa
Department of Biochemistry and Applied Biosciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Miyazaki University, Miyazaki 889-2192, Japan
J Gen Appl Microbiol 48:25-33. 2002..Activity toward N-acetylchitobiose was not detected. Oligomers with a higher number of units than the starting substrate were also detected, which indicate transglycosylation activity...
- Purification and properties of membrane-bound D-sorbitol dehydrogenase from Gluconobacter suboxydans IFO 3255Teruhide Sugisawa
Department of Applied Microbiology, Nippon Roche Research Center, Kamakura, Kanagawa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:57-64. 2002..The optimum pH of the enzyme activity was 6.0, and the optimum temperature was 30 degrees C. Western blot analysis suggested the occurrence of the enzyme in all the Gluconobacter strains tested...
- Isolation and characterization of NADP+-linked isocitrate dehydrogenase of germinating pea seeds (Pisum sativum)P K Srivastava
Department of Biochemistry, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Indian J Biochem Biophys 38:335-41. 2001..Maximum enzyme activity is observed in presence of Mn2+ and Mg2+ ions (3.75 mM). Addition of Zn2+, Cd2+, Co2+ and Ca2+ ions brings about partial recovery. Other metal ions Fe2+, Cu2+ and Ni2+ are ineffective...
- Purification and properties of antiviral proteins from the leaves of Bougainvillea xbuttianaS Narwal
Division of Biochemistry, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
Indian J Biochem Biophys 38:342-7. 2001..0 and 10.5, respectively. Since this principle effected local lesion inhibition in both treated and untreated top leaves of test host, it might be acting in the initial stages of virus infection as a systemic inducer...
- Purification and characterization of an endo-1,4-beta-glucanase from Neisseria sicca SB that hydrolyzes beta-1,4 linkages in cellulose acetateKunihiko Moriyoshi
Department of Biochemistry, Osaka Municipal Technical Research Institute, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:508-15. 2002..2.1.4) from the substrate specificity and hydrolysis products of cellooligosaccharides. The enzyme and cellulose acetate esterase from Neisseria sicca SB degraded water-insoluble cellulose acetate by synergistic action...
- Purification and characterization of two alpha-keto ester reductases from Streptomyces thermocyaneoviolaceus IFO 14271Hitomi Yamaguchi
Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Uji, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:588-97. 2002..Both enzymes had small Km values toward aliphatic keto esters having a long alkyl chain...
- Co-overexpression of folding modulators improves the solubility of the recombinant guinea pig liver transglutaminase expressed in Escherichia coliKoji Ikura
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Japan
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 32:189-205. 2002....
- Characterisation of aphid myrosinase and degradation studies of glucosinolatesFrederic Francis
Department of Pure and Applied Zoology, Gembloux Agricultural University, Passage des Déportés 2, Gembloux, Belgium
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 50:173-82. 2002..The occurrence of the myrosinase system in B. brassicae is discussed in terms of similar allelochemical adaptation between the herbivore and its host plant...
- beta-Galactosidase and its significance in ripening of "Saijyo" Japanese Persimmon fruitAkihiro Nakamura
Tsukuba R and D Center, Fuji Oil Co, Ltd, 4 3 Kinunodai, Yawara, Tsukuba gun, Ibaraki 300 2497, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:68-76. 2003..beta-Galactosidase, in particular, seemed to play a major role in ripening the fruit...
- Induction and characterization of a novel amine oxidase from the yeast Kluyveromyces marxianusDavide Corpillo
Lima, BioIndustry Park del Canavese, Colleretto Giacosa, Torino, Italy
Yeast 20:369-79. 2003..Nonetheless, some features resulted closer to those of animal amine oxidases and histaminases. Some potential biotechnological applications are proposed. The cDNA Accession No. is AJ320485...
- Molecular cloning of human amidophosphoribosyltransferaseH Iwahana
Otsuka Department of Clinical and Molecular Nutrition, University of Tokushima, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 190:192-200. 1993..Comparison with rat and chicken ATases showed that two cysteine residues for an iron-sulfur cluster were conserved. Four consensus phosphorylation sites for cAMP-dependent protein kinase were found...
- Branched chain aminotransferase isoenzymes. Purification and characterization of the rat brain isoenzymeT R Hall
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157
J Biol Chem 268:3092-8. 1993..BCATc was not found in fetal liver, adult rat liver, or a rat hepatoma cell line. These data provide clear evidence that BCATc, unlike BCATm, is restricted to several highly specialized tissues...
- Purification of a novel phospholipase C isozyme from bovine cerebellumD S Min
Department of Life Science, Pohang Institute of Science and Technology, Hyoja Dong, Korea
J Biol Chem 268:12207-12. 1993..Thus, we have designated this enzyme PLC-beta 4...
- A new selenoprotein from human lung adenocarcinoma cells: purification, properties, and thioredoxin reductase activityT Tamura
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0320, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:1006-11. 1996..The selenocysteine-containing TR from the adenocarcinoma cells may be a variant form distinct from rat liver TR...
- Purification and some properties of exo-1,4-beta-glucanase from Chaetomium olivaceumA A El-Gindy
Dept. of Biological Sciences, Fac. of Education, Cairo, Egypt
Acta Microbiol Pol 52:35-44. 2003..Km value against alpha-cellulose was 0.65 mg mL(-1). Alpha-cellulose and filter paper were the best substrates for enzyme activity. Enzyme was activated by Mn2+ and Fe3+, inactivated by Cu2+ and completely inhibited by Hg2+ and Ag+...
- Cold-active serine alkaline protease from the psychrophilic bacterium Pseudomonas strain DY-A: enzyme purification and characterizationRunying Zeng
Third Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration, Daxue Road 178, Xiamen, 361005, Fujian, China
Extremophiles 7:335-7. 2003..The enzyme was active towards N-succinyl-Ala-Ala-Pro-Phe- p-nitroanilide and N-succinyl-Ala-Ala-Pro-Leu- p-nitroanilide. The native molecular mass of the enzyme determined by native PAGE and SDS-PAGE was 25 kDa...
- Choline Acetyltransferase from the electric organ of Electrophorus electricus (L.)--physicochemical characterization and immunochemical identificationN N Tavares
, , Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Z Naturforsch C 53:407-15. 1998..Employing an antibody, the presence of ChAT was confirmed with the Western blotting technique. Isoelectrofocusing analysis demonstrated two isoforms with pI of 6,49 and 6,56, respectively...
- Synthesis and degradation of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid by Penicillium citrinumY J Jia
Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 63:542-9. 1999..The enzyme had a Km for ACC of 4.8 mM and kcat of 3.52 s-1. The presence of 7 mM Cu2+ in alkaline buffer solution was effective for increasing the stability of the ACC deaminase in the process of purification...
- Purification and characterization of chitinase from Streptomyces sp. M-20Kyoung Ja Kim
Department of Life Science, Soonchunhyang University, Asan si 336 745, Korea
J Biochem Mol Biol 36:185-9. 2003..The chitinase activity was high on colloidal chitin, chitotriose, and chitooligosaccharide. The purified chitinase showed antifungal activity against Botrytis cinerea, and lysozyme activity against the cell wall of Botrytis cinerea...
- Differences in sialic acid residues among bone alkaline phosphatase isoforms: a physical, biochemical, and immunological characterizationP Magnusson
Bone and Mineral Metabolic Unit, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Linkoping University Hospital, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Calcif Tissue Int 71:508-18. 2002..Future investigations will focus on the clinical and functional significance of the revealed differences in sialic acid residues...
- Characterization of a novel calcium-binding 90-kDa glycoprotein (BM-90) shared by basement membranes and serumM Kluge
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Federal Republic of Germany
Eur J Biochem 193:651-9. 1990..Thus, BM-90 appears to be a novel basement membrane protein whose functions remain to be studied...
- Partial purification and characterization of the lck protein-tyrosine kinase from bovine thymusQ M Wang
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907
Biochem J 279:567-74. 1991..The phosphorylation of angiotensin I by bovine thymus p56lck was weakly activated by polyionic compounds such as heparin and polylysine, and was strongly activated by high concentrations of NaCl...
- Purification and immunological characterization of a novel cytochrome P450 from C3H/10T1/2 cellsL H Pottenger
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Arch Biochem Biophys 286:488-97. 1991..P450-EF is probably distantly related to the P450IIA subfamily and may belong to a new P450 subfamily...
- Characterization of two thioredoxins in pig heart including a new mitochondrial proteinJ Bodenstein
, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 46:270-9. 1991..Heart extracts were also shown to contain a NADPH-specific thioredoxin reductase of the known mammalian type. A specific function or target enzyme of mt-thioredoxin has not as yet been established...
- Expression, purification, and characterization of human factor XIII in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeP D Bishop
ZymoGenetics, Inc, Seattle, Washington 98105
Biochemistry 29:1861-9. 1990..02 S. Thus, all of the properties of rFXIII thus far examined are consistent with those reported for human platelet and placental FXIII.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- O-acetylation and de-O-acetylation of sialic acids. Purification, characterization, and properties of a glycosylated rat liver esterase specific for 9-O-acetylated sialic acidsH H Higa
Department of Medicine, San Diego Veterans Medical Center, California
J Biol Chem 264:19435-42. 1989..In view of its interesting substrate specificity, complex N-linked glycan structure, and neutral pH optimum, it is suggested that this enzyme is involved in the regulation of O-acetylation in membrane-bound sialic acids...
- Purification and kinetic parameters of bovine liver N-acetylglucosamine-1-phosphodiester alpha-N-acetylglucosaminidaseK G Mullis
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 269:1718-26. 1994..Unlike GlcNAc-phosphotransferase, bovine phosphodiester alpha-GlcNAcase does not require a protein recognition determinant on lysosomal enzyme substrates...
- Polyphosphate kinase from Escherichia coli. Purification and demonstration of a phosphoenzyme intermediateK Ahn
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5307
J Biol Chem 265:11734-9. 1990..The basis for this stimulatory effect is not clear inasmuch as tetrapolyphosphate does not promote the dephosphorylation of the presumed phosphoenzyme intermediate...
- Large-scale purification and characterization of the major phosphoproteins and mucins of human submandibular-sublingual salivaN Ramasubbu
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York, Buffalo 14214
Biochem J 280:341-52. 1991..Three isoforms of acidic cystatin S were characterized which differ in their phosphate content. Two isoforms of a basic proline-rich peptide were identified; the smaller peptide was a truncated form missing the first seven amino acids...
- RNA 3'-terminal phosphate cyclase from HeLa cellsW Filipowicz
Methods Enzymol 181:499-510. 1990
- Antigenic and antiheparin properties of human platelet factor 4 (PF4)N Nath
Blood 45:537-50. 1975..It has been concluded that PF4 antigen and antiheparin activity are two properties of the same protein. Comparison of human and pig PF4 revealed significant biochemical and antigenic differences...
- A novel nonmuscle alpha-actinin. Purification and characterization of chicken lung alpha-actininM Imamura
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Biol Chem 267:25927-33. 1992..This indicates that the 115-kDa protein is distinct from other nonmuscle alpha-actinins by its Ca2+ sensitivity...
- Purification and characterization of proteinase In, a trypsin-like proteinase, in Escherichia coliM Kato
Faculty of Pharmacy, Tokushima Bunri University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 210:1007-14. 1992..coli. Proteinase activity was found in the cytoplasmic fraction...
- S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase from the thermophilic archaebacterium Sulfolobus solfataricus. Purification, molecular properties and studies on the covalently bound pyruvateG Cacciapuoti
Institute of Biochemistry of Macromolecules, First Medical School, University of Naples, Italy
Eur J Biochem 199:395-400. 1991..Incubation with decarboxylated S-adenosyl[Me-3H]methionine and NaCNBH3 resulted in the labeling of the protein at the active site...
- Characterization of the non-sulphated highly anionic Kurloff cell glycoconjugates by lectin- and immunoblotting: evidence for the presence of alpha (2,8)-linked polysialic acid-bearing moleculesS E Letaïef
Laboratoire d Histologie, Universite de Caen, CHU Cote de Nacre, France
Biol Cell 77:269-76. 1993....
- Renal alpha-actinin-4: purification and puromycin aminonucleoside-binding propertyHiroyuki Goto
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Nephron Exp Nephrol 93:e27-35. 2003..Moreover, our findings indicate that the central rod domain of actinin-4 has a high affinity to PAN. In the PAN nephrosis animal model, actinin-4 might be a target protein from PAN nephrotoxicity...
- Luteotrophic action of prolactin during the early luteal phase in pigs: the involvement of protein kinases and phosphatasesR Ciereszko
Department of Animal Physiology, Warmia and Mazury University in Olsztyn, 10 718 Olsztyn, ul Oczapowskiego 5, Poland
Reprod Biol 1:62-83. 2001..The involvement of protein phosphatases in transmission of the PRL signal in early luteal cells in pigs is also suggested...
- Chick cartilage chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan core protein. I. Generation and characterization of peptides and specificity for glycosaminoglycan attachmentR C Krueger
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
J Biol Chem 265:12075-87. 1990..These studies allow estimates of core peptide masses in the absence of carbohydrate as well as provide primary amino acid sequence for O-xylosylated serine residues in the multiply substituted proteoglycans...
- Identification of undecaprenyl phosphate-beta-D-galactosamine in Francisella novicida and its function in lipid A modificationXiaoyuan Wang
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Biochemistry 48:1162-72. 2009..The discovery of undecaprenyl phosphate-beta-d-GalN suggests Francisella modifies lipid A with GalN on the periplasmic surface of the inner membrane...
- Purification and biochemical properties of a glucose-stimulated beta-D-glucosidase produced by Humicola grisea var. thermoidea grown on sugarcane bagasseCesar Vanderlei Nascimento
Department of Chemistry, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brasil
J Microbiol 48:53-62. 2010..These findings suggest that H. grisea var. thermoidea beta-glucosidase has a potential for biotechnological applications in the bioconversion of lignocellulosic materials...
- Purification and characterization of a serine alkaline protease from Bacillus clausii GMBAE 42Dilek Kazan
The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey, Research Institute for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Marmara Research Center Campus, 41470 Gebze, Kocaeli, Turkey
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 32:335-44. 2005..K (m) and k (cat) values were estimated at 0.655 microM N-Suc-Ala-Ala-Pro-Phe-pNA and 4.21 x 10(3) min(-1), respectively...
- Reverse transformation of Harvey murine sarcoma virus-transformed NIH/3T3 cells by site-selective cyclic AMP analogsP Tagliaferri
Cellular Biochemistry Section, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 263:409-16. 1988..It is concluded that the observed growth inhibition and phenotypic reversion of 13-3B-4 cells is most likely mediated through the cellular effector, the RII cAMP receptor protein...
- Proteolytic, edematogenic and myotoxic activities of a hemorrhagic metalloproteinase isolated from Bothrops alternatus venomC C Gay
Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales y Agrimensura, Universidad Nacional del Nordeste UNNE Av Libertad 5470, Corrientes 3400, Argentina
Toxicon 46:546-54. 2005..So, this enzyme would contribute markedly to the phatophysiology of the bothropic envenomation...
- Purification and characterization of human muscle glutathione S-transferases: evidence that glutathione S-transferase zeta corresponds to a locus distinct from GST1, GST2, and GST3S S Singhal
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77550
Arch Biochem Biophys 285:64-73. 1991..2) has been purified by three different methods using immunoaffinity chromatography, DEAE cellulose chromatography, and isoelectric focusing...
- Partial characterization of a major autolysin from Mycobacterium phleiZ S Li
Canadian Bacterial Diseases Network, Department of Microbiology, University of Guelph, Ontario
Microbiology 145:169-76. 1999..Partial internal amino acid sequence of the autolysin was determined and should facilitate identification, cloning and overexpression of the encoding gene...
- Occurrence of a para-nitrophenyl phosphate-phosphatase with calcineurin-like characteristics in Paramecium tetraureliaR Kissmehl
Faculty of Biology, University of Konstanz, Germany
Arch Biochem Biophys 344:260-70. 1997..Our data support the existence of both subunits of a CaN-like phosphatase in Paramecium cells...
- LSP1 is the major substrate for mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 2 in human neutrophilsC K Huang
Department of Pathology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030 3105, USA
J Biol Chem 272:17-9. 1997..Because both the small heat shock proteins and LSP1 are F-actin binding proteins, these results suggest a role for MAPKAP kinase 2 in the regulation of cytoskeletal structure or function...
- Human apoC-IV: isolation, characterization, and immunochemical quantification in plasma and plasma lipoproteinsL Kotite
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, Rm L 1337, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Lipid Res 44:1387-94. 2003..This sequence, functioning as a GAGA box that has been implicated in the transcription of a number of genes, may explain the higher level of expression of apoC-IV in rabbits...
- A novel protein factor is required for use of distal alternative 5' splice sites in vitroJ E Harper
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724
Mol Cell Biol 11:5945-53. 1991..Several lines of evidence are presented suggesting that DSF is a non-small nuclear ribonucleoprotein protein. Finally, we describe a functional interaction between DSF and ASF, a protein that enhances use of downstream 5' splice sites...
- Identification, purification and partial characterization of a 70kDa inhibitor protein of Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase from cytosol of pulmonary artery smooth muscleKuntal Dey
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Kalyani, Kalyani 741235, West Bengal, India
Life Sci 86:473-81. 2010..We sought to identify, purify and partially characterize a protein inhibitor of Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase in cytosol of pulmonary artery smooth muscle...
- Isolation of pregnancy-associated glycoproteins from placenta of the American bison (Bison bison) at first half of pregnancyJolanta Kiewisz
Department of Animal Physiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, 10 719 Olsztyn Kortowo, Oczapowskiego 1A 222, Poland
Gen Comp Endocrinol 155:164-75. 2008..The AmbPAGs were extracted, precipitated and eluted during DEAE cellulose chromatography. The richest protein fractions were further chromatographed on VVA (Vicia villosa agglutinin affinity ..
- Sulphoxide reduction by rat intestinal flora and by Escherichia coli in vitroS C Lee
University of Southampton, U K
Biochem Pharmacol 49:1567-76. 1995..coli cytosol...
- Bovine cementum extract influences murine dental follicle cells in vitroH Arzate
Laboratorio de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Mexico, D F
Arch Med Res 28:407-13. 1997..0 microgram/ml). Molecule(s) contained in CPE appear to regulate various biological activities in MDFC, indicating that CPE could play a key role in selecting progenitor cells required for the process of cementogenesis during development...
- Differential distribution of protein phosphatase 2A in human breast carcinoma cell lines and its relation to estrogen receptor statusR Gopalakrishna
Department of Cell and Neurobiology, School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Cancer Lett 136:143-51. 1999..Conversely, the presence of low PP2A along with high PKC in ER-negative cell types may be related to hormone-independent enhanced cell growth...
- Characterization of the haloacid dehalogenase from Xanthobacter autotrophicus GJ10 and sequencing of the dhlB geneJ van der Ploeg
Department of Biochemistry, Groningen Biotechnology Center, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 173:7925-33. 1991..5 and 61.0% similarity) with the two other haloacid dehalogenases sequenced to date but not with the haloalkane dehalogenase from X. autotrophicus GJ10...
- Purification and characterization of rat liver glycosylasparaginaseO K Tollersrud
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802
Biochem J 260:101-8. 1989..5. The enzyme exhibited a broad pH maximum above 7. Two major isoelectric forms were found at pH 6.4 and 6.6. 6. Glycosylasparaginase was stable at 75 degrees C and in 5% (w/v) SDS at pH 7.0...
- Isolation of ribonucleic acid from the unactivated rat liver glucocorticoid receptorA L Unger
Department of Biology, Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota 55057
Mol Endocrinol 2:952-8. 1988..These results provide evidence that the 9-10S form of the glucocorticoid receptor from rat liver is associated with RNA...
- Detection, purification and characterisation of a secretory alkaline phosphatase from Onchocerca speciesFidelis Cho Ngwa
Biotechnology Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Faculty of Science, University of Buea, P O Box 63, Buea, Cameroon
Mol Biochem Parasitol 156:136-43. 2007....
- Non-selenium glutathione peroxidase without glutathione S-transferase activity from bovine ciliary bodyH Shichi
Kresge Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201
Exp Eye Res 50:513-20. 1990..A partial sequence of the enzyme shows some similarities both to Se-glutathione peroxidases and a glutathione S-transferase isozyme...
- Photoaffinity labeling of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase. 2. Identification of peptides in the nucleotide binding domainR K Evans
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0084
Biochemistry 28:713-20. 1989..Structure predictions, based on sequence data, place the two peptides identified by photolabeling in spatial proximity consistent with the participation of both in the nucleotide binding domain...
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression of the gene for NADH-sensitive citrate synthase of Pseudomonas aeruginosaL J Donald
Department of Chemistry, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Bacteriol 171:5542-50. 1989..putida, P. stutzeri, and P. alcaligenes. When crude extracts of each of these four isolates were mixed with antiserum raised against purified P. aeruginosa citrate synthase, however, only the P. alcaligenes extract cross-reacted...
- A second observation of the fetal methemoglobin variant Hb F-M-Fort Ripley or alpha 2G gamma 2(92)(F8)His----TyrT P Molchanova
Laboratory of Protein Chemistry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912 2100
Hemoglobin 16:389-98. 1992..It is suggested that the formation of a rather large amount (approximately 25%) of mixed hybrids (alpha 2G gamma X.gamma) with low oxygen affinity is the main cause for the occurrence of the neonatal cyanosis...
- Examination of exchange assay for glucocorticoid receptorT Noguchi
1st Department of Internal Medicine, Tottori University School of Medicine, Japan
Endocrinol Jpn 34:457-64. 1987..2 M KCl). Furthermore, the fraction eluted with 0.05 M KCl in the DEAE cellulose chromatography of liver cytosol bound to unlabelled Dex did not exchange significantly with 3H-Dex with the method ..
- Purification and characterization of chymosin and pepsin from kidEkaterini E Moschopoulou
Laboratory of Dairy Technology, Agricultural University of Athens, Iera Odos 75, 11855 Athens, Greece
J Dairy Res 73:49-57. 2006..6. Kid pepsin activity was more pH and temperature dependent than kid chymosin activity. In comparison with the calf chymosin temperature sensitivity, the order of increased sensitivity was: calf chymosin <kid chymosin <kid pepsin...
- Characterization of homogeneous recombinant glutaredoxin from Escherichia coli: purification from an inducible lambda PL expression system and properties of a novel elongated formO Bjornberg
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Protein Expr Purif 2:287-95. 1991..The molar extinction coefficient of native glutaredoxin (12,500 M-1 cm-1 at 280 nm) was 15% higher than expected from its content of one Trp and four Tyr residues...
- Characterization of plant L-isoaspartyl methyltransferases that may be involved in seed survival: purification, cloning, and sequence analysis of the wheat germ enzymeM B Mudgett
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California Los Angeles 90024
Biochemistry 32:11100-11. 1993..Such conservation in sequence is consistent with a fundamental role of this enzyme in the metabolism of spontaneously damaged polypeptides...
- Antitumor activities and immunomodulatory effects of ginseng neutral polysaccharides in combination with 5-fluorouracilWeihua Ni
School of Life Sciences, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, China
J Med Food 13:270-7. 2010..In combination with 5-FU, WGPN mitigated damage to the immune system caused by 5-FU in S180-bearing mice. These results suggest that WGPN might be a potential adjuvant for chemotherapeutic drugs...
- Purification and separation of multiple forms of lactophorin from bovine milk whey and their immunological and electrophoretic propertiesC Kanno
Department of Animal Science, Utsunomiya University, Japan
J Dairy Sci 72:883-91. 1989..The results indicated that lactophorin consisted of multiple forms but had a common set of antigenic determinant groups against anti-soluble glycoprotein...
- Protein phosphatase 2C inactivates F-actin binding of human platelet moesinA Hishiya
Department of Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:26705-12. 1999..In vivo, regulation of these phosphatase activities are likely to influence dynamic interactions between the actin cytoskeleton and membrane constituents linked to moesin...
- Purification and characterisation of an extracellularly released protease of Trypanosoma bruceiD M Okenu
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Parasitol Res 85:424-8. 1999..0. The proteolytic activity was enhanced by dithiothreitol and inhibited by E-64, leupeptin, TPCK and antipain. The released proteolytic enzyme is putatively identified as a cathepsin B-like cysteine protease...
- Purification and characterization of a fatty-acid-binding protein from the gastric mucosa of rats. Possible identity with heart fatty-acid-binding protein and its parietal cell localizationT Kanda
Department of Biochemistry, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
Eur J Biochem 185:27-33. 1989..The results suggested that the primary structure of stomach FABP is identical with that of rat heart FABP, and showed that stomach FABP is localized in parietal cells of the gastric mucosa...
- Purification and characterization of a macromolecular-translocation inhibitor III of activated glucocorticoid-receptor-complex binding to nuclei from rat liverG Liu
Department of Oncology, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Eur J Biochem 218:679-87. 1993..8 S). Initial treatment of nuclei or DNA-cellulose with MTI-III did not alter their abilities to bind activated GRC. These results indicate that MTI-III acts through an interaction with GRC...
- Lysine 207 as the site of cross-linking between the 3'-end of Escherichia coli initiator tRNA and methionyl-tRNA formyltransferaseS Gite
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 272:5305-12. 1997....
- BOP: a basic phenylalanine-rich oligo-peptide located on the surface of glycolate oxidase influences its pI valuesJun Xu
School of Bioscience and Bioengineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, P R China
Electrophoresis 31:1925-33. 2010..Irregular and incomplete disassociation between GO and BOP was observed in IEF and cIEF, resulting in various intermediates with different ratios of GO/BOP, which could be the reason for the range of pIs observed for GO...
- [Adhesional inhibiton of polyclonal anti-porin I antibody]Lei Zheng
The Affiliated Childrenos Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 36:78-83. 2007..To investigate the blockness effects of purified polyclonal anti-porin I antibody on N. gonorrhoeae adherence to genitourinary tract epithelia of BALB/c mouse...
- Arginase isoforms in frog and lizard tissuesGita Venkatakrishnan
Department of Zoology, University of Pune, Pune 411 007, India
Indian J Biochem Biophys 47:13-9. 2010..The isoforms appeared to show considerable functional overlap...
- A NEW ANIMAL MODEL FOR CATARACTS: STUDY OF MECHANISMRICHARD CENEDELLA; Fiscal Year: 1980..Proteins will be fractionated and identified by Sephadex G-200 and DEAE cellulose chromatography and SDS and alkaline urea polyacrylamide-gel-electrophoresis...
- IMMUNOLOGICAL ROLE OF THE STRESS INDUCIBLE HSP70Antoine Menoret; Fiscal Year: 2002..The possibility that the inducible HSPs have a superior immunogenicity than the constitutively expressed HSPs has not been explored so far and might be of considerable benefit for public health. ..
- MECHANISM OF SELENIUM INDUCED CATARACTThomas Shearer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The hope is that this will help development of anti-cataract drugs based on inhibiting proteolysis and protecting the epithelium. ..
- CALCIUM ACTIVATED PROTEASE IN CATARACT FORMATIONThomas Shearer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The hope is that these biochemical data will lead to rational development of anticataract drugs based protease inhibitors. ..
- MUSC-Claflin Cooperative for Postdoctoral Academic Career DevelopmentCynthia Wright; Fiscal Year: 2007..The underlying purpose of both activities is to spark in them an intellectual curiosity and to instill in them the desire to pursue productive research careers. ..
- SHORT-TERM TRAINING FOR MINORITY STUDENTSCynthia Wright; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, the students' career choices and progress will be tracked by yearly contact with each of the participants. ..
- MUSC Minority Student Development ProgramCynthia Wright; Fiscal Year: 2007..These programmatic elements will increase the number of minority students participating in biomedical science research and prepare them for a successful career. ..
- Calcium-activated protease in cataract formationThomas Shearer; Fiscal Year: 2006..3. Define the roles of calpain 10 in human lens. These studies will provide a rational basis for the use of protease inhibitors to prevent cataracts. ..
- New Coding Vectors for microRNA and siRNAKevin Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- VACCINIA VIRUS LATE TRANSCRIPTION FACTORCynthia Wright; Fiscal Year: 2003..Also, it is expected that knowledge of the transcriptional processes of the virus will increase its application as a vector for gene expression and vaccine use. ..
- BIOMARKERS FOR TOTAL BODY BURDEN OF FLUORIDEThomas Shearer; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research is a collaborative effort between Oregon Health Sciences University and the Medical College of Georgia. ..
- CALCIUM ACTIVATED PROTEASE IN CATARACT FORMATIONThomas Shearer; Fiscal Year: 1993..They will also provide data for possible future testing of calpain inhibitors as drugs to ameliorate or prevent cataract in man...
- MECHANISM OF SELENIUM-INDUCED CATARACTThomas Shearer; Fiscal Year: 1992..These studies will provide a clear-cut biochemical mechanism for selenite cataractogenesis. Hopefully, such knowledge would indicate avenues leading to prevention and treatment of cataract in man...