3 beta d glucosidase glucan endo 1
Summary: An endocellulase with specificity for the hydrolysis of 1,3-beta-D-glucosidic linkages in 1,3-beta-D-glucans including laminarin, paramylon, and pachyman.
- Sachivkina N, Kravtsov E, Vasilyeva E, Anokhina I, Dalin M. Study of antimycotic activity of lyticase. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009;148:214-6 pubmed
- Baek K, Knödler A, Lee S, Zhang X, Orlando K, Zhang J, et al. Structure-function study of the N-terminal domain of exocyst subunit Sec3. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10424-33 pubmed publisher..Through its ability to bind the small GTPase Cdc42 and phospholipids, the PH domain of Sec3 functions as a coincidence detector at the plasma membrane. ..
- Li X, Du W, Zhao J, Zhang L, Zhu Z, Jiang L. The MAP kinase-activated protein kinase Rck2p regulates cellular responses to cell wall stresses, filamentation and virulence in the human fungal pathogen Candida albicans. FEMS Yeast Res. 2010;10:441-51 pubmed publisher..albicans. Therefore, Rck2p regulates cellular responses to cell wall stresses, filamentation and virulence in the human fungal pathogen C. albicans. ..
- Gastebois A, Fontaine T, Latge J, Mouyna I. beta(1-3)Glucanosyltransferase Gel4p is essential for Aspergillus fumigatus. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:1294-8 pubmed publisher..Like the other Gelps, it encodes a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored protein. In contrast to the other beta(1-3)glucanosyltransferases analyzed to date, it is essential for this fungal species. ..
- Backhaus K, Heilmann C, Sorgo A, Purschke G, de Koster C, Klis F, et al. A systematic study of the cell wall composition of Kluyveromyces lactis. Yeast. 2010;27:647-60 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the composition of the cell wall glycoproteome depended on carbon source and growth phase. Our results clearly illustrate the dynamic nature of the cell wall of K. lactis and provide a firm base for studying its regulation...
- Lettner T, Zeidler U, Gimona M, Hauser M, Breitenbach M, Bito A. Candida albicans AGE3, the ortholog of the S. cerevisiae ARF-GAP-encoding gene GCS1, is required for hyphal growth and drug resistance. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11993 pubmed publisher..albicans and essential for detoxification of azole drugs which are routinely used for antifungal therapy. Thus, it represents a promising antifungal drug target. ..