Genomes and Genes
Summary: Enzymes that hydrolyze O-glucosyl-compounds. (Enzyme Nomenclature, 1992) EC 3.2.1.-.
- Bosch M, Trombetta S, Engstrom U, Parodi A. Characterization of dolichol diphosphate oligosaccharide: protein oligosaccharyltransferase and glycoprotein-processing glucosidases occurring in trypanosomatid protozoa. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:17360-5 pubmed..This result is consistent with the fact that no oligosaccharides containing 3 glucose units occur in trypanosomatids. ..
- Wells R, Hediger M. Cloning of a rat kidney cDNA that stimulates dibasic and neutral amino acid transport and has sequence similarity to glucosidases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:5596-600 pubmed..The putative extracellular region is highly similar to the 4F2 heavy-chain cell surface antigen and to a family of alpha-glucosidases, which raises the possibility that D2 encodes a transport activator or regulatory subunit.
- Gill R, Ali B, Cui P, Shen E, Farooq M, Islam F, et al. Comparative transcriptome profiling of two Brassica napus cultivars under chromium toxicity and its alleviation by reduced glutathione. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:885 pubmed..Moreover, RNA-Seq method explored the hazardous behavior of Cr as well as GSH up-regulating mechanism by activating plant metabolism, stress responsive genes, TFs and protein encyclopedia. ..
- Adeghate E, Kalasz H, Veress G, Teke K. Medicinal chemistry of drugs used in diabetic cardiomyopathy. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17:517-51 pubmed
- Sant Anna F, Lebedinsky A, Sokolova T, Robb F, Gonzalez J. Analysis of three genomes within the thermophilic bacterial species Caldanaerobacter subterraneus with a focus on carbon monoxide dehydrogenase evolution and hydrolase diversity. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:757 pubmed publisher..Divergent glycosidases from 14 families, among them amylases, chitinases, alpha-glucosidases, beta-glucosidases, and cellulases, were identified...
- Cam M, Hazar Yavuz A, Yıldız S, Ertaş B, Ayaz Adakul B, Taskın T, et al. The methanolic extract of Thymus praecox subsp. skorpilii var. skorpilii restores glucose homeostasis, ameliorates insulin resistance and improves pancreatic β-cell function on streptozotocin/nicotinamide-induced type 2 diabetic rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2019;231:29-38 pubmed publisher..Further research on isolation of the bioactive components is underway. ..
- Lauterbach E. Psychotropic drug effects on gene transcriptomics relevant to Parkinson's disease. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2012;38:107-15 pubmed publisher..Limitations of these findings and a research agenda to better relate them to the nigrostriatum and PD are discussed. ..
- Jdir H, Kolsi R, Zouari S, Hamden K, Zouari N, Fakhfakh N. The cruciferous Diplotaxis simplex: Phytochemistry analysis and its protective effect on liver and kidney toxicities, and lipid profile disorders in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Lipids Health Dis. 2017;16:100 pubmed publisher..D. simplex flowers contained bioactive compounds that possess important antioxidant and hypoglycemic properties and protected pancreas, liver and kidneys against hyperglycemia damage. ..
- Ramirez Garcia A, Pellon A, Buldain I, Antoran A, Arbizu Delgado A, Guruceaga X, et al. Proteomics as a Tool to Identify New Targets Against Aspergillus and Scedosporium in the Context of Cystic Fibrosis. Mycopathologia. 2018;183:273-289 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, proteins mentioned in this review may be promising candidates for developing innovative diagnostic and therapeutic tools for fungal infections in CF patients. ..
- Shen Y, Du J, Yue L, Zhan X. Proteomic analysis of plasma membrane proteins in wheat roots exposed to phenanthrene. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:10863-71 pubmed publisher..This study not only provides novel insights into PAH uptake by plant roots and PAH stress responses, but is also a good starting point for further determination and analyses of their functions using genetic and other approaches. ..
- Raafat K, El Lakany A. Combination of Rheum ribes and Metformin Against Diabetes, Thermal Hyperalgesia, and Tactile Allodynia in a Mice Model. Altern Ther Health Med. 2017;: pubmed..No adverse events were reported. Conclusion • When combined with MTF, RR might be a promising adjuvant for amelioration of DM and related nociceptive complications...
- Zagrobelny M, de Castro É, Møller B, Bak S. Cyanogenesis in Arthropods: From Chemical Warfare to Nuptial Gifts. Insects. 2018;9: pubmed publisher..The storage of cyanogenic glucosides and spatially separated hydrolytic enzymes (β-glucosidases and α-hydroxynitrile lyases) are important for an effective hydrogen cyanide release for defensive ..
- Adav S, Ravindran A, Sze S. Quantitative proteomic study of Aspergillus Fumigatus secretome revealed deamidation of secretory enzymes. J Proteomics. 2015;119:154-68 pubmed publisher..deamidation as a major PTM of key cellulose hydrolyzing enzymes like endoglucanases, cellobiohydrolases and glucosidases. Hemicellulose degrading endo-1,4-beta-xylanase, monosidases, xylosidases, lignin degrading laccase, isoamyl ..
- Samuelson J, Robbins P. Effects of N-glycan precursor length diversity on quality control of protein folding and on protein glycosylation. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2015;41:121-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, there is suggestive evidence for N-glycan-dependent ERAD in Trichomonas, which glycosylates and degrades the exogenous reporter mutant carboxypeptidase Y (CPY*). ..
- Chen D, Xiang Q, Nicholas J. Human Herpesvirus 8 Interleukin-6 Interacts with Calnexin Cycle Components and Promotes Protein Folding. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This is the first report of such a function for a cytokine. ..
- Ferreira T, Pita Pereira D, Costa S, Brazil R, Moraes C, Díaz Albiter H, et al. Transmission blocking sugar baits for the control of Leishmania development inside sand flies using environmentally friendly beta-glycosides and their aglycones. Parasit Vectors. 2018;11:614 pubmed publisher..longipalpis longevity and metabolism and also affect the development of parasites in culture and inside the insect. These observations might help to conceptualize new vector control strategies using transmission blocking sugar baits. ..
- Huang Y, Wu B, Chu Y, Chang W, Wu M. Effects of Tempeh Fermentation with Lactobacillus plantarum and Rhizopus oligosporus on Streptozotocin-Induced Type II Diabetes Mellitus in Rats. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..Tempeh, which was produced with both L. plantarum and R. oligosporus, might be a beneficial dietary supplement for individuals with abnormal carbohydrate metabolism. ..
- Su J, Wang H, Ma C, Lou Z, Liu C, Tanver Rahman M, et al. Anti-diabetic activity of peony seed oil, a new resource food in STZ-induced diabetic mice. Food Funct. 2015;6:2930-8 pubmed publisher..The results provided a sound rationale for future clinical trials of oral administration of peony seed oil to alleviate postprandial hyperglycemia in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice. ..
- Wang H, Shi S, Wang S. Can highly cited herbs in ancient Traditional Chinese medicine formulas and modern publications predict therapeutic targets for diabetes mellitus?. J Ethnopharmacol. 2018;213:101-110 pubmed publisher..Such a literature and medicine review is a useful method of exploring potential antidiabetic herbs by using the wealth of information in ancient TCM formulas and modern publications. ..