Genomes and Genes
Summary: Created 1 January 1993 as a result of the division of Czechoslovakia into the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Publications350 found, 100 shown here
- Altitudinal distribution limit of the tick Ixodes ricinus shifted considerably towards higher altitudes in central Europe: results of three years monitoring in the Krkonose Mts. (Czech Republic)J Materna
Krkonose National Park Authority, Krkonose Museum, Husova 213, 543 01 Vrchlabí, Czech Republic
Cent Eur J Public Health 13:24-8. 2005..b>Czech Republic) and evaluate its potential changes...
- Extension of Ixodes ricinus ticks and agents of tick-borne diseases to mountain areas in the Czech RepublicVlasta Danielová
National Institute of Public Health, Srobarova 48, CZ 10042 Prague 10, Czech Republic
Int J Med Microbiol 296:48-53. 2006Along with the shift of the hard tick Ixodes ricinus to higher altitudes observed in the Czech Republic a corresponding shift of tick-borne infections to higher altitudes has been expected. Therefore, I...
- Bird schistosomes of wildfowl in the Czech Republic and PolandJitka Rudolfová
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Department of Parasitology, Vinicna 7, 128 44 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 54:88-93. 2007In 2005, we dissected 102 wildfowl from the Czech Republic and 73 wildfowl from Poland including representatives of Anseriformes, Gruiformes and Gaviiformes...
- DNA repair genetic polymorphisms and risk of colorectal cancer in the Czech RepublicB Pardini
Department of Molecular Biology of Cancer, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14220 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 638:146-53. 2008..02). Considering the subtle effect of the DNA repair polymorphisms on the risk of colorectal cancer, exploration of gene-gene and gene-environmental interactions with a large sample size with sufficient statistical power are recommended...
- Excess cardiovascular mortality associated with cold spells in the Czech RepublicJan Kysely
Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
BMC Public Health 9:19. 2009The association between cardiovascular mortality and winter cold spells was evaluated in the population of the Czech Republic over 21-yr period 1986-2006...
- Sources of potentially infectious human microsporidia: molecular characterisation of microsporidia isolates from exotic birds in the Czech Republic, prevalence study and importance of birds in epidemiology of the human microsporidial infectionsD Kasicková
University of South Bohemia in Ceske Budejovice, Faculty of Biological Science, Branisovska 31, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 165:125-30. 2009..4%) and EbpA (10.8%) genotypes. Several of these genotypes have never been recorded in birds before. The results of this report suggest the low host specificity of E. bieneusi, E. hellem and E. cuniculi and describe 44 new avian hosts...
- Age-related and housing-dependence of Cryptosporidium infection of calves from dairy and beef herds in South Bohemia, Czech RepublicMartin Kvac
Department of Medical and Veterinary Parasitology, Institute of Parasitology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Branisovska 31, 370 05 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 137:202-9. 2006..and housing-dependence of naturally acquired cryptosporidiosis on 11 dairy and 11 beef farms in South Bohemia (Czech Republic) were collected. The farms were visited over four consecutive years (from 2002 to 2005)...
- Long-term changes in body weight, BMI, and adiposity rebound among children and adolescents in the Czech RepublicJ Vignerova
National Institute of Public Health, Department of Biostatistics, Srobarova 48, 100 42 Praha 10, Czech Republic
Econ Hum Biol 5:409-25. 2007The Czech Republic has undergone rapid political, social, and economic transformation since the late 1980s...
- Infections of wild animals with Anaplasma phagocytophila in Austria and the Czech RepublicMiroslav Petrovec
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 990:103-6. 2003
- New and old risk-factors for Toxoplasma gondii infection: prospective cross-sectional study among military personnel in the Czech RepublicP Kolbekova
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:1012-7. 2007..were to evaluate seroprevalence and the importance of various risk-factors for Toxoplasma infection in the Czech Republic. A prospective cross-sectional survey was conducted among military personnel in Prague...
- Blood and urine levels of Pb, Cd and Hg in the general population of the Czech Republic and proposed reference valuesAndrea Batáriová
National Institute of Public Health, Centre of Environmental Health, Srobarova 48, 10042 Prague 10, Czech Republic
Int J Hyg Environ Health 209:359-66. 2006The Human Biological Monitoring (HBM) project was launched in the Czech Republic in 1994 as a part of the nation-wide Environmental Health Monitoring System to assess the exposure of the Czech general population to a broad spectrum of ..
- Psychosocial factors at work and depression in three countries of Central and Eastern EuropeHynek Pikhart
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Soc Sci Med 58:1475-82. 2004..randomly selected from population registers in Novosibirsk (Russia), Krakow (Poland) and Karvina-Havirov (Czech Republic)...
- Depressive symptoms in urban population samples in Russia, Poland and the Czech RepublicMartin Bobak
International Centre for Health and Society, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Br J Psychiatry 188:359-65. 2006..Relatively little is known about depression in countries that were formerly part of the Soviet Union, especially Russia...
- Short report: HIV infection among commercial sex workers and injecting drug users in the Czech RepublicMarie Bruckova
National Reference Laboratory on AIDS, Prague, The Czech Republic
Am J Trop Med Hyg 75:1017-20. 2006Since the first HIV case was diagnosed in the Czech Republic in 1985, there is a lack of information regarding the epidemiology of HIV infection in most high-risk groups...
- Theory and practice of informed consent in the Czech RepublicEva Krizova
Institute for Medical Ethics and Nursing, 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
J Med Ethics 33:273-7. 2007..The process has been enhanced by the accession of the Czech Republic to the European Union and the adoption of important European conventions regulating the area...
- Distribution and ecology of cytotypes of the Aster amellus aggregates in the Czech RepublicTerezie Mandáková
Department of Botany, Charles University, Benatska 2, CZ 128 01, Prague, Czech Republic
Ann Bot 98:845-56. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine spatial distribution and ecology of two cytotypes, diploid (2n = 18) and hexaploid (2n = 54), of Aster amellus agg. at their contact zone in the Czech Republic.
- Molecular identification of Cryptosporidium spp. in animal and human hosts from the Czech RepublicOndrej Hajdusek
Institute of Parasitology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Ceske Budejovice
Vet Parasitol 122:183-92. 2004..parvum via these hosts, and identifies a potential source for human infection in the Czech Republic. Furthermore, C. andersoni from a cow, C. baileyi from a chicken, C. felis from a cat, C...
- Molecular detection of Borrelia bissettii DNA in serum samples from patients in the Czech Republic with suspected borreliosisNataliia Rudenko
Biology Centre of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Institute of Parasitology AS CR, Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia in Ceske Budejovice, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
FEMS Microbiol Lett 292:274-81. 2009..the detection of this species in cardiac valve tissue of the patient with endocarditis and aortic valve stenosis in the Czech Republic, here we present additional molecular data supporting the involvement of B. bissettii in LB in Europe.
- Survey of Shiga toxigenic Escherichia coli O157 and drug-resistant coliform bacteria from in-line milk filters on dairy farms in the Czech RepublicA Cizek
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Brno, Czech Republic
J Appl Microbiol 104:852-60. 2008....
- A study of excess mortality during influenza epidemics in the Czech Republic, 1982-2000J Kyncl
Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology, National Institute of Public Health, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur J Epidemiol 20:365-71. 2005..001) differences in excess mortality rates between influenza epidemic and non-epidemic periods in the Czech Republic between 1982 and 2000. We estimate that 2.17% of all cause mortality, and 2...
- West Nile virus investigations in South Moravia, CzechlandZ Hubalek
Institute of Vertebrate Biology, Academy of Sciences, Department of Medical Zoology, Valtice, Czech Republic
Viral Immunol 13:427-33. 2000..Seven virus isolates were obtained from 11,334 mosquitoes after the 1997 Morava River flooding in South Moravia (Czech Republic): 6 strains of Tahyna bunyavirus, California antigenic group (5 from Aedes vexans, 1 from Ae...
- Prevalence of HHV-6 integrated chromosomally among children treated for acute lymphoblastic or myeloid leukemia in the Czech RepublicPetr Hubacek
Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, Motol University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
J Med Virol 81:258-63. 2009..detection of fusion genes and minimal residual disease from 339 pediatric patients treated for leukemia in the Czech Republic between the years 1995-2007 were tested retrospectively...
- Maternal socioeconomic characteristics and infant mortality from injuries in the Czech Republic 1989-92M Bobak
International Centre for Health and Society, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, UK
Inj Prev 6:195-8. 2000..This study examined whether maternal socioeconomic characteristics predict infant mortality from injuries in the Czech Republic.
- Genotype and haplotype analysis of TP53 gene and the risk of pancreatic cancer: an association study in the Czech RepublicA Naccarati
Department of Molecular Biology of Cancer, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14200 Prague, Czech Republic
Carcinogenesis 31:666-70. 2010Pancreatic carcinoma is the fourth leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the Czech Republic, with only a minimum of patients surviving 5 years. The aetiology and molecular pathogenesis are still weakly understood...
- The role of socioeconomic circumstances in differences in height of pre-school children within and between the Czech Republic and southern BrazilM de Lourdes Drachler
Unidade de Saúde e Comportamento NUPLAC, Escola de Medicina a Psicologia, Universidade Catolica de Pelotas, Pelotas, RS, Brasil
Cent Eur J Public Health 10:135-41. 2002..Two separate cross-sectional studies of children 36-59 months old from Southern Brazil and the Czech Republic collected data on height and socioeconomic and demographic variables...
- Prevalence of Toxoplasma gondii and Neospora caninum antibodies in wild boars in the Czech RepublicE Bartova
Department of Biology and Wildlife Diseases, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Palackeho 1 3, 612 42 Brno, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 142:150-3. 2006Sera collected from hunter-killed wild boars (Sus scrofa) during 1999-2005 from seven different regions of the Czech Republic were assayed for antibodies to Toxoplasma gondii by indirect fluorescence antibody test and to Neospora caninum ..
- Pregnancy outcomes and outdoor air pollution: an ecological study in districts of the Czech Republic 1986-8M Bobak
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, UK
Occup Environ Med 56:539-43. 1999..The association between outdoor air pollution and stillbirths and low birthweight in the Czech Republic, where air pollution was high, was examined.
- Study of Mycobacterium avium complex strains isolated from cattle in the Czech Republic between 1996 and 2000L Dvorska
Veterinary Research Institute, Hudcova 70, 62132 Brno, Czech Republic
Vet Microbiol 99:239-50. 2004..These revealed 11 distinct IS901 RFLP types and three IS1245 RFLP profiles. Polyclonal infection of individual animals was detected by IS901/IS1245 typing in 2 of the 17 selected isolates...
- Veterinary treatment of evening bats (Vespertilionidae) in the Czech RepublicP Hajkova
Veterinary Clinic Panda, Krkonosska 8, 120 00 Prague, Czech Republic
Vet Rec 161:139-40. 2007
- First report of Enterocytozoon bieneusi infection on a pig farm in the Czech RepublicBohumil Sak
Institute of Parasitology, Biology Centre of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Branisovska 31, 370 05 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 153:220-4. 2008..Pigs have been frequently reported to have E. bieneusi; therefore, we surveyed farm-raised pigs in the Czech Republic to determine its presence and genetic diversity...
- Adverse reproductive outcomes from exposure to environmental mutagensR J Sram
Laboratory of Genetic Ecotoxicology, Regional Institute of Hygiene of Central Bohemia, c o Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 20, Prague, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 428:203-15. 1999..Pregnancy outcome and semen studies imply that relatively low air pollution (higher than 40 microg PM10/m(3)) can significantly increase the adverse reproductive outcomes affecting both genders...
- Genetic epidemiology of MODY in the Czech republic: new mutations in the MODY genes HNF-4alpha, GCK and HNF-1alphaS Pruhova
Department of Paediatrics, 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Vinohradska 159, 100 81 Prague 10, Czech Republic
Diabetologia 46:291-5. 2003..The aim of this study was to examine the prevalence and nature of mutations in HNF4alpha/MODY1, GCK/MODY2 and HNF-1alpha/MODY3 genes in Czech subjects with clinical diagnosis of MODY...
- The prevalence of intestinal parasites in dogs from Prague, rural areas, and shelters of the Czech RepublicS Dubná
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Agriculture in Prague, Kamycka 957, 165 21 Prague 6, Suchdol, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 145:120-8. 2007..0.7%), and Capillaria spp. (0.6%). Examinations of dogs in urban and rural areas showed, with the exception of Trichuris sp. in Prague, a higher occurrence of nematode infection in autumn, notably T. canis (chi2>8.3, d.f.=3, p<0.04)...
- Antibiotic resistant Escherichia coli and Salmonella in Russian rooks (Corvus frugilegus) wintering in the Czech RepublicI Literak
Department of Biology and Wildlife Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Brno, Czech Republic
Lett Appl Microbiol 45:616-21. 2007To characterize antibiotic resistant Escherichia coli and Salmonella isolates in rooks wintering in the Czech Republic.
- Molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium isolates from pigs at slaughterhouses in South Bohemia, Czech RepublicMartin Kvac
Institute of Parasitology, Biology Centre of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Branisovska 31, 370 05 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Parasitol Res 104:425-8. 2009..Both sows were infected with the Cryptosporidium parvum subgenotype IIaA16G1R1, which is reported from pigs for the first time...
- The associations between active lifestyle, the size of a community and SES of the adult population in the Czech RepublicKarel Fromel
Center for Kinanthropology Research, Palacky University, Tr Miru 115, 77111 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Health Place 15:447-54. 2009This study investigated the association between residential environment and physical activity in the Czech Republic. A sample of 9950 adults completed the International Physical Activity Questionnaire...
- Changes in physical activity in pre-schoolers and first-grade children: longitudinal study in the Czech RepublicE Sigmund
Center for Kinanthropology Research, Palacky University Olomouc, Trida Miru 115, Olomouc 771 11, Czech Republic
Child Care Health Dev 35:376-82. 2009..The aim of this longitudinal study was to identify the changes in children's physical activity (PA) upon entry to first year at school; and to identify the days of the school week that exhibit low PA...
- Detection of Borrelia bissettii in cardiac valve tissue of a patient with endocarditis and aortic valve stenosis in the Czech RepublicNataliia Rudenko
Biology Centre, Institute of Parasitology AS CR and Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia in Ceske Budejovice, Branisovska 31, 37005, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
J Clin Microbiol 46:3540-3. 2008..This evidence strongly supports the involvement of B. bissettii in Lyme disease in Europe...
- Prevalence and age-related infection of Cryptosporidium suis, C. muris and Cryptosporidium pig genotype II in pigs on a farm complex in the Czech RepublicMartin Kvac
Institute of Parasitology, Biology Centre of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 370 05 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 160:319-22. 2009..closed breeding system segmented into two breeding complexes and a growing complex in the region of Vysocina, Czech Republic and screened for the presence of Cryptosporidium using staining methods and genotyping (SSU rRNA)...
- Mosquitoborne viruses, Czech Republic, 2002Zdenek Hubalek
Institute of Vertebrate Biology ASCR, Brno, Czech Republic
Emerg Infect Dis 11:116-8. 2005..Antibodies were detected against Tahyna (16%), Sindbis (1%), and Batai (0.2%) viruses, but not West Nile virus. An examination of paired serum samples showed 1 Tahyna bunyavirus (California group) infection...
- Epidemiology of rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis and gout in two regions of the Czech Republic in a descriptive population-based survey in 2002-2003P Hanova
Institute of Rheumatology, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:499-507. 2006To estimate the annual incidence and prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), juvenile arthritis (JIA) and gout in a population based study in two regions of the Czech Republic with total population of 186,000 inhabitants.
- Risk assessment and prediction of Ixodes ricinus tick questing activity and human tick-borne encephalitis infection in space and time in the Czech RepublicMilan Daniel
National Institute of Public Health, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Med Microbiol 296:41-7. 2006..infection as one of the basic preconditions for successful TBE prevention has been intensively studied in the Czech Republic. An atlas of TBE in the Czech Republic containing predictive maps of I...
- Prevalence of genes encoding extracellular virulence factors among meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates from the University Hospital, Olomouc, Czech RepublicP Sauer
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
J Med Microbiol 57:403-10. 2008..aureus (MRSA) obtained from patients hospitalized at the University Hospital in Olomouc, Czech Republic. A total of 100 isolates was screened for 13 genes encoding extracellular virulence determinants (tst, pvl, ..
- Screening of six risk exons of the RET proto-oncogene in families with medullary thyroid carcinoma in the Czech RepublicS Jindrichova
Department of Molecular Endocrinology, Institute of Endocrinology, Narodni 8, Prague 1, 11694 Czech Republic
J Endocrinol 183:257-65. 2004..In this paper we report molecular genetic testing of 106 families with MTC (358 tested persons) from the Czech Republic in which we directly sequenced these six exons of the RET proto-oncogene...
- [Current situation and trends in the hepatitis C virus genotype distribution among injecting drug users in the Czech Republic]L Krekulova
Remedis, s r o, Praha
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 58:84-9. 2009To map the current distribution of hepatitis C virus genotypes among injecting drug users (IDUs) in the Czech Republic and to compare the results with the previously reported data.
- Spatial distribution of dental fluorosis in roe deer (Capreolus capreolus) from North Bohemia (Czech Republic) and its relationships with environmental factorsFrantisek Zemek
Institute of Systems Biology and Ecology AS CR, Na Sadkach 7, Ceske Budejovice CZ 370 05, Czech Republic
Sci Total Environ 370:491-505. 2006..General Linear Model (GLM) analyses revealed significant relationships between degree of forest damage, soil type, and atmospheric sulfur deposition from air pollution and dental fluorosis, expressed as mean DLI in the roe deer...
- Detection of Lawsonia intracellularis in wild boar and fallow deer bred in one game enclosure in the Czech RepublicK Dezorzova-Tomanova
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Brno, Czech Republic
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 53:42-4. 2006..intracellularis and age of wild boar was demonstrated. Because wild boar and fallow deer are bred together in one game reserve, the possibility of inter-species transfer of L. intracellularis should be borne in mind...
- Consensus recommendations for cervical cancer prevention in the Czech Republic: a report of the International Conference on Human Papillomavirus in Human Pathology (Prague, 1-3 May 2008)Ruth Tachezy
National Reference Laboratory for Papillomaviruses, Department of Experimental Virology, Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion, U Nemocnice 1, 128 20 Prague, Czech Republic
J Med Screen 15:207-10. 2008A comparison of cervical cancer incidence and mortality in the Czech Republic with that from other countries shows that the burden of cervical cancer here is considerably higher than in Western Europe, where screening is widespread...
- The role of primary care in colorectal cancer screening: experience from Czech RepublicB Seifert
The Institute of General Practice, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 55:74-80. 2008..on screening programmes based on the faecal occult blood testing (FOBT), and drawing from experiences in the Czech Republic. We used data on CRC screening from the survey The Burden of Gastrointestinal Diseases in Europe, which was ..
- Prevalence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-positive Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates in the Czech RepublicM Kolar
Institute of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Palacky University, Hnevotinska 3, 775 15 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Int J Antimicrob Agents 28:49-53. 2006..biology of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-positive Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates collected in the Czech Republic. Clinical material from patients hospitalised in 16 Czech hospitals in September 2004 was used to isolate K...
- Conspiracy of yeast killers: the fifth international meeting on yeast apoptosis in Prague, Czech Republic, 3-7 September, 2006Sabrina Buttner
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, University of Graz, Graz, Austria
FEMS Yeast Res 7:351-4. 2007
- Identification of novel Cryptosporidium genotypes from the Czech RepublicUna Ryan
Division of Health Sciences, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia 6150, Australia
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:4302-7. 2003Isolates of Cryptosporidium from the Czech Republic were characterized from a variety of different hosts using sequence and phylogenetic analysis of the 18S ribosomal DNA and the heat-shock (HSP-70) gene...
- Familial aspects of narcolepsy-cataplexy in the Czech RepublicS Nevsimalova
Department of Neurology 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Sleep 20:1021-6. 1997....
- Analysis of the molecular and biological variability of zucchini yellow mosaic virus isolates from Slovakia and Czech RepublicMiroslav Glasa
Department of Plant Virology, Institute of Virology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, 845 05, Bratislava, Slovakia
Virus Genes 35:415-21. 2007..sampled from cucumber, squash and zucchini between 2001 and 2006 in various localities of Slovakia and Czech Republic. Analysis of the molecular variability targeting three separate genomic regions of the ZYMV genome [P1, P3 and ..
- Characterization of estrogenic activity of riverine sediments from the Czech RepublicK Hilscherova
Department of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 43:175-85. 2002Extracts of sediments from rivers in an industrialized area in the Czech Republic were used to evaluate suitability of a simple in vitro bioassay system to detect estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated activity in the complex mixture...
- Prevalence and molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium spp. in dairy cattle in South Bohemia, the Czech RepublicZuzana Ondrácková
Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia in Ceske Budejovice, Branisovska 31, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 165:141-4. 2009..Sequence analysis of the glycoprotein (GP60) gene showed that detected C. parvum belonged to the IIaA16G1R1 subtype. This is the first published report about subtyping of the Cryptosporidium GP60 gene from cattle in the Czech Republic.
- Genome-wide differential gene expression in children exposed to air pollution in the Czech RepublicD M van Leeuwen
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, Maastricht University, P O Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Mutat Res 600:12-22. 2006The Teplice area in the Czech Republic is a mining district where elevated levels of air pollution including airborne carcinogens, have been demonstrated, especially during winter time...
- Induced abortions: still important reproduction loss in the Czech Republic?Jirina Kocourkova
Department of Demography and Geodemography, Faculty of Science, Charles University Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 30:111-8. 2009The aim of study was to evaluate the importance of induced abortions for reproduction medicine in Czech Republic.
- Detection of Lawsonia intracellularis in wild pigs in the Czech RepublicK Tomanová
Institute of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, UVPSc, Palackeho 1 3, 612 42 Brno, Czech Republic
Vet Rec 151:765-7. 2002
- Toxoplasma gondii and Neospora caninum antibodies in sheep in the Czech RepublicE Bartova
Department of Biology and Wildlife Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene and Ecology, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Palackeho 1 3, 612 42 Brno, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 161:131-2. 2009In the Czech Republic, serum from 547 sheep coming from nine farms was examined for antibodies against parasites Toxoplasma gondii and Neospora caninum by screening ELISA. Antibodies against T...
- Distribution of serogroups and genotypes among disease-associated and carried isolates of Neisseria meningitidis from the Czech Republic, Greece, and NorwaySiamak P Yazdankhah
Department of Airborne Infections, Division of Infectious Disease Control, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, P O Box 4404 Nydalen, NO 0403 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Microbiol 42:5146-53. 2004..of disease-associated and carried meningococci from the period 1991 to 2000 in three European countries (the Czech Republic, Greece, and Norway) was investigated...
- Survey of surgical antimicrobial prophylaxis in czech republicRetnosari Andrajati
Social and Clinical Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Heyrovskeho 1203, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic, 50005, Czech Republic
Pharm World Sci 27:436-41. 2005To characterize the pattern of surgical antimicrobial prophylaxis in the Czech Republic.
- Genetic variation in Tula hantaviruses: sequence analysis of the S and M segments of strains from Central EuropeA Plyusnin
Department of Virology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Virus Res 39:237-50. 1995Hantavirus carried by the European common vole Microtus arvalis from Moravia (Czech Republic) was analyzed by RT-PCR-sequencing and by reactivity with a panel of monoclonal antibodies (MAbs)...
- [Genotypic heterogeneity of hepatitis C virus (HCV) from blood donors in the Czech Republic]V Nemecek
Národní referencní laborator pro virové hepatitidy, Státní zdravotni ústav, Praha
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 58:63-72. 2009Analysis of the genotypic distribution of HCV from blood donors screened in the Czech Republic in 1999-2007 and sequence heterogeneity of HCV isolates in the NS5 region of the HCV genome.
- Human biomonitoring system in the Czech RepublicMilena Cerna
National Institute of Public Health, Centre of Environmental Health, Srobarova 48, 10042 Prague 10, Czech Republic
Int J Hyg Environ Health 210:495-9. 2007The human biomonitoring (HBM) is an integral part of Environmental Health Monitoring System in the Czech Republic since 1994...
- Prevalence of antibodies to human papillomaviruses in the general population of the Czech RepublicE Hamsikova
Department of Experimental Virology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Cancer 77:689-94. 1998Sera from 450 individuals between the age of 1 and 80 years, representing the general population of the Czech Republic, were tested for the presence of antibodies to human-papillomavirus(HPV)-derived antigens...
- Mortality differentials in the Czech Republic during the post-1989 socio-political transformationD Dzurova
Department of Social Geography and Regional Development, Charles University, Albertov 6, 128 43 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Health Place 6:351-62. 2000The Czech Republic, together with Slovakia and Poland, forms a region within Central-Eastern Europe in which the values of life expectancy at birth have been increasing during the period of transformation...
- Contamination of soil with Toxocara eggs in urban (Prague) and rural areas in the Czech RepublicS Dubná
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Agriculture in Prague, Kamycka 957, 165 21 Prague 6 Suchdol, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 144:81-6. 2007Contamination of soil with feline and canine ascarid eggs in public parks, backyards and sand pits in Prague, Czech Republic was investigated in this work. Soil samples from shelters and rural areas were also collected...
- The 2001 serological survey in the Czech Republic--viral hepatitisV Nemecek
Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology, National Institute of Public Health, Prague, Czech Republic
Cent Eur J Public Health 11:S54-61. 2003..Age dependence could not be assessed because of the small number of positive persons. HCV infection is known to afflict high-risk groups, likely to escape a general serological survey, rather than the normal population...
- Serological confirmation of Borrelia burgdorferi infection in dogs in the Czech RepublicK Pejchalova
Department of Comparative Animal Physiology and General Zoology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Kotlarska 2, 611 37, Brno
Vet Res Commun 30:231-8. 2006..Serum samples obtained from healthy, asymptomatic military dogs from 12 different areas in the Czech Republic were examined for IgG antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato (s.l.)...
- Detection of Anaplasma phagocytophilum and Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in dogs in the Czech RepublicKaterina Kybicová
National Institute of Public Health, National Reference Laboratory for Lyme Borreliosis, Prague, Czech Republic
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 9:655-61. 2009..l.) in the Czech Republic. This data can provide information relevant to human infection...
- Alimentary transmission of tick-borne encephalitis in the Czech Republic (1997-2008)B Kriz
National Institute of Public Health, Praha
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 58:98-103. 2009..Analysis of cases of tick-borne encephalitis (TBE) with confirmed food-borne transmission in patients who were unaware of tick attachment prior to the onset of illness...
- Bovine respiratory syncytial virus strains currently circulating in the Czech Republic are most closely related to Danish strains from 1995K Kovarcik
Veterinary Research Institute, Hudcova 70, Brno 621 32, Czech Republic
Acta Virol 48:57-62. 2004..recently (2002-2003) circulating Bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV) strains in cattle population in the Czech Republic. These strains are in a phylogenetic tree more closely related to the Danish strains from 1995 than to the ..
- Molecular and serological evidence of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in wild rodents in the Czech RepublicK Kybicová
National Reference Laboratory for Lyme Borreliosis, National Institute of Public Health, Prague, Czech Republic
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 8:645-52. 2008..study was to determine the frequency and spatial distribution of the Borrelia species in wild rodents in the Czech Republic. In total, 293 muscle tissue samples and 106 sera from 293 wild rodents captured in North Bohemia and North-..
- Multivariate analysis of risk factors for testicular cancer: a hospital-based case-control study in the Czech RepublicL Dusek
Institute of Biostatistics and Analyses, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 55:356-68. 2008..This suggests that both environmental exposures and genetic inheritance can play role in the moderation of the risk of TGCC...
- Ethylene glycol poisoning in the Czech Republic (2000-2002)M Krenová
Toxicological Information Centre, Department of Occupational Medicine, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and General Teaching Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
Blood Purif 24:180-4. 2006..The objective of the study was to evaluate the severity of kidney damage retrospectively and to analyze prognostic factors following ethylene glycol (EG) poisonings...
- Mercury distribution around the Spolana chlor-alkali plant (central Bohemia, Czech Republic) after a catastrophic flood, as revealed by bioindicatorsIvan Suchara
Silva Tarouca Research Institute for Landscape and Ornamental Gardening, Kvetnove nam 391, Pruhonice, Czech Republic
Environ Pollut 151:352-61. 2008..The bio-indicators, used alone or in combination, can be recommended for effective and reliable determination of Hg contamination levels around Hg sources...
- First evidence of porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV-2) infection of pigs in the Czech Republic by semi-nested PCRV Celerá
Institute of Microbiology and Immunoogy, Veterinary and Pharmaceutical University Bruno, Czech Republic
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 49:155-9. 2002..In total. 77 samples of inguinal lymph nodes and nasal swabs from pigs in the Czech Republic were used to detect the virus. Thirty-seven of them were positive for PCV-2 DNA...
- Molecular and microscopical evidence of Ehrlichia spp. and Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in patients, animals and ticks in the Czech RepublicD Hulinska
National Institute of Public Health, National Reference laboratory for Borreliosis and Tick Borne Infections, Prague, Czech Republic
New Microbiol 25:437-48. 2002..ricinus tick, which also transmits Borrelia burgorferi sensu lato in central, west and east regions of the Czech Republic. The diagnosis was established by PCR with sequence analysis of the genes encoding 16S rRNA of Ehrlichia and ..
- The giant liver fluke Fascioloides magna (Bassi 1875) in cervids in the Czech Republic and potential of its spreading to GermanyAdam Novobilský
Department of Veterinary Ecology and Environmental Protection, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, Palackeho 1 3, 612 42, Brno, Czech Republic
Parasitol Res 100:549-53. 2007..and fallow deer (Dama dama) were investigated to determine the current distribution of the fluke in the Czech Republic. Faecal samples were collected from 20 different areas, and livers of hunted deer were dissected from each ..
- Epidemiology of Helicobacter pylori infection in asymptomatic children: a prospective population-based study from the Czech Republic. Application of a monoclonal-based antigen-in-stool enzyme immunoassayJosef Sykora
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty Hospital, Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen, Charles University in Prague, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Helicobacter 14:286-97. 2009..pylori infection in a population-based sample of asymptomatic children in the Czech Republic. Furthermore, this study aims to identify potential risk factors associated with this infection.
- Neural tube defects in the Czech Republic during 1961-1999: incidences, prenatal diagnosis and prevalences according to maternal ageA Sipek
Institute for Care of Mother and Child, Prague, Czech Republic
J Obstet Gynaecol 22:501-7. 2002..study of neural tube defects using data from the population-based register of congenital malformations in the Czech Republic over the 1961-99 period...
- Epidemiological characteristics of pertussis in Estonia, Lithuania, Romania, the Czech Republic, Poland and Turkey-1945 to 2005Irja Lutsar
University of Tartu, Ravila 19, 50411, Tartu, Estonia
Eur J Pediatr 168:407-15. 2009..Age-specific incidence rates rose in 5-14 year olds in Poland, Estonia and the Czech Republic. Incidence rates in children <1 year of age remained unchanged. There were two age distribution patterns...
- Drugs and fatal traffic accidents in the Czech RepublicViktor Mravcik
Czech National Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, Prague, Czech Republic
Cent Eur J Public Health 15:158-62. 2007..The aim of the study was to determine the prevalence of psychotropic drug use in active participants in traffic accidents who died during the accident or shortly after it due to injuries resulting from the accident...
- North Atlantic weather oscillation and human infectious diseases in the Czech Republic, 1951-2003Zdenek Hubalek
Medical Zoology Laboratory, Institute of Vertebrate Biology, Academy of Sciences, Brno, Czech Republic
Eur J Epidemiol 20:263-70. 2005..and the annual incidence rate of 14 viral, bacterial and protozoan national notifiable human diseases in the Czech Republic was examined...
- Five years of the system of monitoring the environmental impact on population health of the Czech RepublicV Kliment
National Institute of Public Health, Srobarova 48, 100 42 Prague 10, Czech Republic
Cent Eur J Public Health 8:198-205. 2000The data collected in the System of monitoring the environmental impact on population health of the Czech Republic in 1994-1998 were obtained routinely and in a stabilized manner in six subsystems: health consequences and risks related to ..
- Multipurpose serological survey--its philosophy and objectives in the Czech RepublicB Kriz
Center of Epidemiology and Microbiology, National Institute of Public Health, Prague, Czech Republic
Cent Eur J Public Health 11:S4-6. 2003
- Nasal schistosomes of wildfowl in the Czech RepublicJitka Rudolfová
Department of Parasitology, Charles University, Vinicna 7, 12844 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Parasitol Res 88:1093-5. 2002..Our work confirmed a relatively high prevalence of these parasites in wild anatid birds in the Czech Republic. The isolated miracidia were used to infect the Radix peregra (an autochtonous snail species) which proved to ..
- [Surgery for liver metastases of colorectal etiology in Czech Republic: current national survey]M Ryska
Univerzita Karlova, 2 LF UK a UVN Praha, Chirurgicka klinika, Praha
Rozhl Chir 89:100-8. 2010b>Czech Republic is the first in the incidence of colorectal carcinoma (CRC) in all over the world. There is 60% development of liver metastases in the patients with colorectal carcinoma (LMCRC)...
- Oral health status of drug addicts in the Czech RepublicA Pilinová
Institute of Dental Research, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and Faculty Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
J Forensic Odontostomatol 21:36-9. 2003Over the last decade, illicit drug use has become a very pronounced problem in the Czech Republic. Some branches of medicine such as psychiatry, internal medicine and neurology have tried to confront the situation by joint treatment of ..
- Emergence of EMRSA-15 clone in hospitals throughout the Czech RepublicO Melter
National Reference Laboratory for Antibiotics, National Institute of Public Health, Prague, Czech Republic
Euro Surveill 11:E060803.6. 2006
- [Imported viral hepatitis in the Czech Republic]J Dlhy
Regional Institute of Hygiene, Habrmanova 154, 150 01 Hradec Králové, Czech Republic
Klin Mikrobiol Infekc Lek 13:48-53. 2007Through the analysis of notified viral hepatitis, trends in the occurrence of imported cases in the Czech Republic have been specified, the aim of which was to draw attention to the epidemiologically important aspects of travelling abroad.
- Coccidiosis in goats in the Czech RepublicB Koudela
Institute of Parasitology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Ceske Budejovice
Vet Parasitol 76:261-7. 1998An observational study was conducted to determine coccidial infections in goats of 13 farms in the Czech Republic. The prevalence of oocysts of Eimeria species in kids (less than 3 months old), weaned but not served goats (from 3 months ..
- Vertical distribution of the tick Ixodes ricinus and tick-borne pathogens in the northern Moravian mountains correlated with climate warming (Jeseníky Mts., Czech Republic)Milan Daniel
National Institute of Public Health, Prague, Czech Republic
Cent Eur J Public Health 17:139-45. 2009..were compared with the records from another 8 stations in other mountain areas in the Czech Republic. A very similar statistically significant trend of increasing mean air temperatures during the last three ..
- Genotoxicity of urban air pollutants in the Czech Republic. Part II. DNA adduct formation in mammalian cells by extractable organic matterJ Topinka
Laboratory of Genetic Ecotoxicology, Regional Institute of Hygiene of Central Bohemia and Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 469:83-93. 2000..Air samples were collected in the course of summer and winter periods in two regions of the Czech Republic representing low and high levels of air pollution, the districts of industrial Teplice and rural Prachatice, ..
- Hospital antibiotic management in the Czech Republic--results of the ABS maturity survey of the ABS International groupVlastimil Jindrak
Na Homolce Hospital, and University Hospital Motol, Praha, Czech Republic
Wien Klin Wochenschr 120:289-93. 2008..Hospital antibiotic stewardship (ABS) programs are essential for ensuring long-lasting quality of antibiotic usage and for controlling antimicrobial resistance in the hospital setting...
- Short to long term mortality of patients hospitalised with heart failure in the Czech Republic--a report from the EuroHeart Failure SurveyHana Rosolova
Centre of Preventive Cardiology of the 2nd Medical Department University Hospital, E Benese 13, 305 99 Pilsen, Czech Republic
Eur J Heart Fail 7:780-3. 2005..The Czech Republic was 1 of the 24 European Society countries included in the survey...
- Genetic variability within Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato genospecies established by PCR-single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis of the rrfA-rrlB intergenic spacer in ixodes ricinus ticks from the Czech RepublicMarketa Derdakova
Vector Ecology Laboratory, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:509-16. 2003..DNA from a sample of 370 Ixodes ricinus ticks collected in the Czech Republic was analyzed by PCR for the presence of a approximately 230-bp fragment of the rrfA-rrlB intergenic spacer of ..
- Total mercury and mercury species in birds and fish in an aquatic ecosystem in the Czech RepublicPavlína Houserová
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry, Zemedelska 1, CZ 613 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Environ Pollut 145:185-94. 2007..species (methylmercury-MeHg, inorganic mercury--Hg(2+)) were determined in the aquatic ecosystem Záhlinice (Czech Republic)...
- Ambient air quality for the territory of the Czech Republic in 1996-1999 expressed by three essential factorsIva Hůnová
Czech Hydrometeorological Institute, Na Sabatce 17, 143 06 4 Komorany, Prague, Czech Republic
Sci Total Environ 303:245-51. 2003..measured air quality data developed and introduced in 1998 is used for ambient air quality assessment in the Czech Republic. The data from a countrywide air quality monitoring network is collated into the least possible number of ..
- Cytogenetic effects in children and mothers exposed to air pollution assessed by the frequency of micronuclei and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH): a family pilot study in the Czech RepublicMarie Pedersen
Institute of Public Health, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, University of Copenhagen, DK 1014 K Copenhagen, Denmark
Mutat Res 608:112-20. 2006A family pilot study was conducted in the Czech Republic to test the hypothesis that exposure to air pollution with particulate matter (PM) in children results in detectable effects indicated by a number of biomarkers of exposure and ..
- E-Education in Research Ethics: Central and Eastern EuropeMARTIN STROSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..current funding cycle this program will have graduated 54 "fellows" from 17 countries: Belarus, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, ..
- Research Training: Socio-Economics of Mental Health Service Delivery in SE EuropeRichard M Scheffler; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to build upon the successful "Finance and Mental Health Services Training in Czech Republic/Central Europe (5-D43-TW005810-10). Prof...
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TRAININGDavid Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2006..While the primary countries in our original award were Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic, the economic and scientific progress there has been such that we believe our focus should be on countries of ..
- Finance and Mental Health Services Training in Czech Republic/Central EuropeRichard M Scheffler; Fiscal Year: 2010..we propose to continue to expand this program, which in its first five years has already expanded from the Czech Republic to Slovakia, into other countries in the Central European region that have both a) developing, middle income ..
- Air Pollution and Adverse Birth OutcomesBeate Ritz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Studies conducted previously in Los Angeles, China, Brazil, the Czech Republic, Mexico, and the United States suggest exposure to ambient air pollution during pregnancy may cause adverse ..
- Hepatitis C in Central EuropeLaura Krekulova; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study will focus on hepatitis C in Prague, Czech Republic. Hepatitis C is a major emerging infectious disease problem in Central and Eastern Europe, especially among ..
- Optimized Hydride Generation Systems for Arsenic Specia*Miroslav Styblo; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed FIRCA project will be carried out primarily in the Institute of Analytical Chemistry in Prague, Czech Republic, in collaboration with Dr. Jiri Dedina as an extension of NIH Grant 1 R01 ES010845...
- International Congress on MicrosporidiosisLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2004..International Congress on Microsporidosis will be held in July 2004 at the Institute of Parasitology of the Czech Republic Academy of Sciences...
- CANCER INCIDENCE IN URANIUM MINERS EXPOSED TO RADONRadim Sram; Fiscal Year: 1999..18,000 underground uranium miners who started working in the Pribram uranium mining region in the Czech Republic between 1948 and 1976. This represents one of the largest cohorts of uranium miners studied...
- CBS GENE IN HOMOCYSTINURIA AND ARTERIOSCLEROSISJAN KRAUS; Fiscal Year: 2000..D., Ph.D. from Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic. The applicant proposes to determine the mechanisms of altered gene expression of the cystathionine b-synthase ..
- Mental Health Economics Training ProgramRichard Scheffler; Fiscal Year: 2009..which include the Fogarty International-NIH Health Policy Research Training Program for scholars from the Czech Republic, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Scholars in Health Policy Research Training Program and the Agency for ..
- Roles of bacterial flora in endotoxin shock mediated vi*Koichi Kobayashi; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research is performed primarily in the Institute of Microbiology AS CR in the Czech Republic in collaboration with Helena Tlaskalova as an extension of NIH grant # P01 AI36529.
- Gene Expression in the Preimplantation Bovine EmbryoRichard Schultz; Fiscal Year: 2003This research will be done primarily in the Czech Republic at the Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics as an extension of NIH grant R37 ND 22681...
- HPV AND RISK OF ORAL CANCER IN THE CZECH REPUBLICElaine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..International Award, we will compare HPV infection and other lifestyle factors as risks of oral cancer in the Czech Republic to those of the Iowa population (parent grant). The specific aims of the Fogarty grant are to: 1...
- COPING WITH CHANGE IN CZECHOSLOVAKIAJOSEPH HRABA; Fiscal Year: 1999..panel study of the post-communist transformation's effect on the well-being of families and individuals in the Czech Republic (HM50369). Three waves of questionnaire data have been collected in 1994-1996...
- DO GUT BACTERIA PROVOKE INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE?JOHN CEBRA; Fiscal Year: 1999..Helena Tlaskalova et. al., Institute of Microbiology, Prague, Czech Republic], under the auspices of the Fogarty Award [FIRCA], plan to analyze a number of murine models for human ..
- Consomic Strains Between C57BL/6 and PWDLeah Rae Donahue; Fiscal Year: 2006..The set of consomic strains that is nearing completion in the Czech Republic comes close to this ideal because the chromosomes of PWD, a pure M. m...
- Functional analysis of accessory factors in RNA editingKenneth Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] The research will be done as an extension of an NIH grant. [unreadable] The research will be done in collaboration with Julius Lukes, Ph.D. at the Institute of Parasitology in the Czech Republic. [unreadable] [unreadable]
- Retrovirus Molecular Biology: Insights Into Normal and Disease ProcessesAnna Marie Skalka; Fiscal Year: 2010..The meeting will take place on (April 29 to May 4, 2010) in Prague, the Czech Republic, where there is a rich tradition in retrovirus research...
- Interaction of DNA Polymerase alpha with Novel Base-PairsROBERT KUCHTA; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research will be done primarily in the Czech Republic in collaboration with Dr. Michal Hocek as an extension of NIH grant # R01AI059764.
- Third International Conference on Tumor MicroenvironmentAvraham Raz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Conference on Tumor Microenvironment: Progression, Therapy and Prevention, October 12-16, 2004, Prague, Czech Republic. The Tumor Microenvironment Conferences provide an international platform for a multidisciplinary exchange of ..
- GLOBAL RESEARCH TRAINING FOR RURAL CALIFORNIA MINORITIESSUSAN OPAVA; Fiscal Year: 2003..the University of the Balearic Islands in Mallorca, Spain; and the Institute of Experimental Medicine in Prague, Czech Republic. Ten student trainees per year, at least eight of whom are undergraduates, will be placed at these sites.
- BIOIRON RESEARCH CONFERENCE 2005Jerry Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Bioiron 2005 will be held in Prague Czech Republic from May 22 to May 28 2005...
- International Society Environmental Epidemiology 2003Irva Hertz Picciotto; Fiscal Year: 2003..ISEE provides a variety of forums for discussion, critical reviews, collaborations and education issues for environmental exposures and their human health effects. ..
- Early Childhood Development and PCB Exposures in Slovak*Irva Hertz Picciotto; Fiscal Year: 2005..Other unique features include the evaluation of hearing loss at birth, the measurement of hydroxy and methylsulfone metabolites of PCBs, and a population which includes about 1/3 Gypsies. ..
- Pilot for a Multicenter Case-Control Study of Pancreatic Cancer in a High Risk r*Paul Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2007..pancreatic cancer occur among US blacks and among Caucasian populations in Central Europe, in particular in Czech Republic and Slovakia. The reason for this high incidence is not known...
- Hamster Model for AIDS LymphomasJANET BUTEL; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, this project may provide new insights into lymphomagenesis in general and may lead to the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to this malignancy. ..
- SV40 Pathogenesis of Human InfectionsJANET BUTEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..This new information will allow better understanding of the biology of SV40 human infections and may provide insights into the mechanisms of SV40 involvement in human malignancies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Occupational risk factors for NHL and NHL subtypes: an InterLymph-based analysisANDREA MANNETJE; Fiscal Year: 2008..This large study conducted by an international team of expert collaborators will provide sufficient study power to reach the outlined aims and contribute to the knowledge of the etiology of NHL. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multicentric Pooled Analysis of Second Primary CancerPaul Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., ultraviolet light); (ii) an investigation of rare cancer types (e.g., bone cancer or sarcomas); and (iii) an investigation of second primary cancers which may be increased due to treatment of a first primary cancer (e.g., leukemia). ..
- International Lung Cancer Consortium: Pooled analysis o*Paul Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..