Genomes and Genes
Summary: A state in northeastern Australia. Its capital is Brisbane. Its coast was first visited by Captain Cook in 1770 and its first settlement (penal) was located on Moreton Bay in 1824. The name Cooksland was first proposed but honor to Queen Victoria prevailed. (From Webster's New Geographical Dictionary, 1988, p996 & Room, Brewer's Dictionary of Names, 1992, p441)
Publications356 found, 100 shown here
- Analysis of local spread of equine influenza in the Park Ridge region of QueenslandJ Davis
Office of the Chief Veterinary Officer, Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry, Canberra, Australia
Transbound Emerg Dis 56:31-8. 2009..focussed on a cluster of infected premises (IPs) at Park Ridge, a peri-urban suburb 26 km south of Brisbane, Queensland. The cluster recorded 437 IPs and 81% of these were not contiguous to a previously IP...
- Field efficacy of the BG-Sentinel compared with CDC Backpack Aspirators and CO2-baited EVS traps for collection of adult Aedes aegypti in Cairns, Queensland, AustraliaCraig R Williams
School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, James Cook University, PO Box 6811, Cairns, Queensland, 4870 Australia
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 22:296-300. 2006..aegypti sampling device best suits their needs. BG-Sentinels and CDC Backpack Aspirators should be considered as alternatives to human-bait collections for Ae. aegypti sampling...
- Trends and determinants of caesarean sections births in Queensland, 1997-2006Stuart Howell
Health Statistics Centre, Queensland Health, Forestry House, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 49:606-11. 2009The determinants of Queensland's rising caesarean section (CS) rate remain poorly understood because of the historical absence of standard classification methods.
- Mark-release-recapture study to measure dispersal of the mosquito Aedes aegypti in Cairns, Queensland, AustraliaR C Russell
Department of Medical Entomology, University of Sydney and ICPMR, Westmead Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Med Vet Entomol 19:451-7. 2005In Queensland, Australia, in response to isolated cases of dengue infection, larval control of the vector Aedes aegypti (L...
- Controlling firearms use in Australia: has the 1996 gun law reform produced the decrease in rates of suicide with this method?Helen Klieve
Australian Institute of Suicide Research and Prevention, Griffith University, Mt Gravatt Campus, Brisbane, QLD 4111, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:285-92. 2009..Observed reductions in firearm suicides in Australia have been linked to the 1997 national firearms agreement (NFA) introduced following the 1996 Port Arthur massacre. The NFA placed strong access restrictions on firearms...
- Community acquisition of gentamicin-sensitive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in southeast Queensland, AustraliaG R Nimmo
Microbiology Department, Queensland Health Pathology Service, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba 4102, Australia
J Clin Microbiol 38:3926-31. 2000..To study the acquisition of gentamicin-sensitive MRSA (GS-MRSA) in southeast Queensland and the relatedness of GS-MRSA to other strains of MRSA, 35 cases of infection due to GS-MRSA from October 1997 ..
- Analysis of Barmah Forest virus disease activity in Queensland, Australia, 1993-2003: identification of a large, isolated outbreak of diseaseH E Quinn
Communicable Diseases Unit, Queensland Health, P O Box 48, Brisbane, Qld 4001, Australia
J Med Entomol 42:882-90. 2005..Although the majority of notifications are received from Queensland, little is known about the distribution of the disease within the state, or the important mosquito vectors and ..
- The epidemiology of leptospirosis and the emergence of Leptospira borgpetersenii serovar Arborea in Queensland, Australia, 1998-2004A T Slack
WHO FAO OIE Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Leptospirosis, Western Pacific Region, Centre for Public Health Sciences, Queensland Health Scientific Services, Brisbane, Australia
Epidemiol Infect 134:1217-25. 2006..The incidence of leptospirosis in Queensland over the 7-year study period (1998-2004) was 3.1/100000 population...
- Dentition of addiction in Queensland: poor dental status and major contributing drugsA S Reece
Southcity Medical Centre, Brisbane, Queensland
Aust Dent J 52:144-9. 2007..Although it is said that drug addiction is associated with poor dental health, there is little research in this area. In particular, there is little work comparing the effects of the different drugs of addiction...
- Tuberculosis-related deaths in Queensland, Australia, 1989-1998: characteristics and risk factorsH C Walpola
Queensland Health, Specialised Health Services, Annerley, Queensland, Australia
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 7:742-50. 2003To review factors associated with TB-related deaths in Queensland, Australia.
- Patient and health care system delays in Queensland tuberculosis patients, 1985-1998J Ward
Specialised Health Services (Queensland Tuberculosis Control Centre, Coorparoo DC, Australia
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 5:1021-7. 2001SETTING: Queensland tuberculosis (TB) control centre QTCC). OBJECTIVE: To investigate patient and health care system delays in the diagnosis of active TB in Queensland...
- Iron status among Australian adults: findings of a population based study in Queensland, AustraliaFaruk Ahmed
Department of Family Sciences, College for Women, Kuwait University, P O Box 5969, Safat 13060, Kuwait
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 17:40-7. 2008..To describe the concentrations of serum ferritin among Australian adults by age and sex. Further, the relationships of various social, lifestyle and health factors with serum ferritin concentrations were explored...
- Potential exposure to Australian bat lyssavirus, Queensland, 1996-1999B J McCall
Brisbane Southside Public Health Unit, Cooper s Plains, Queensland, Australia
Emerg Infect Dis 6:259-64. 2000..Information was obtained from 205 persons (mostly adults from south Brisbane and the South Coast of Queensland), who reported potential ABL exposure to the Brisbane Southside Public Health Unit from November 1,1996, to ..
- Rheumatic disease in an Australian Aboriginal community in North Queensland, Australia. A WHO-ILAR COPCORD surveyNicola Minaur
James Cook University School of Medicine, Cairns Base Hospital, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
J Rheumatol 31:965-72. 2004..To estimate prevalences of rheumatic diseases in Aboriginal Australians...
- Optimizing ovitrap use for Aedes aegypti in Cairns, Queensland, Australia: effects of some abiotic factors on field efficacyCraig R Williams
School of Public Health, Tropical Medicine and Rehabilitation Sciences, James Cook University, PO Box 6811, Cairns, QLD 4870, Australia
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 22:635-40. 2006Insecticide-treated lethal ovitraps are used for control of the dengue vector Aedes aegypti in north Queensland, Australia...
- Real-time PCR detection of pathogenic microorganisms in roof-harvested rainwater in Southeast Queensland, AustraliaW Ahmed
Department of Natural Resources and Water, 80 Meiers Road, Indooroopilly, Brisbane 4068, Australia
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:5490-6. 2008..in rainwater obtained from tanks in Southeast Queensland, Australia...
- Possible risk factors on Queensland dairy farms for acaricide resistance in cattle tick (Boophilus microplus)N N Jonsson
Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, UK
Vet Parasitol 88:79-92. 2000A case control study was carried out within a cross-sectional survey designed to investigate the management by Queensland dairy farmers of the cattle tick Boophilus microplus...
- Echinococcus granulosus in northern Queensland. 1. Prevalence in cattleD J D Banks
School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland 4811, Australia
Aust Vet J 84:303-7. 2006..hydatidosis and investigate factors that might be expected to influence the prevalence of hydatids in cattle in Queensland north of the Tropic of Capricorn...
- Climate variability and Ross River virus transmission in Townsville Region, Australia, 1985-1996Shilu Tong
School of Public Health, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Australia
Trop Med Int Health 9:298-304. 2004..We assess the impact of climate variation on the Ross River virus (RRv) transmission in the Townsville region, Queensland, north-east Australia.
- Entomological investigations in a focus of dengue transmission in Cairns, Queensland, Australia, by using the sticky ovitrapsScott A Ritchie
School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, James Cook University, P O Box 6811, Cairns 4870, Australia
J Med Entomol 41:1-4. 2004..weekly in a focus of dengue activity in Cairns, Queensland, Australia...
- Enhanced vector competence of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) from the Torres Strait compared with mainland Australia for dengue 2 and 4 virusesT B Knox
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, University of Queensland Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health and Nutrition, Post Office Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston QLD 4029, Australia
J Med Entomol 40:950-6. 2003..These data indicate that the Torres Strait region is potentially more receptive to dengue transmission than mainland localities, a finding discussed with respect to past outbreaks...
- Antibiotic resistance in Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli isolated from poultry in the South-East Queensland regionJeanette K Miflin
Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, Animal Research Institute, Yeerongpilly, Queensland 4105, Australia
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:775-8. 2007The aim of this study was to determine the antimicrobial resistance patterns of 125 Campylobacter jejuni and 27 Campylobacter coli isolates from 39 Queensland broiler farms.
- Toxoplasmosis in Indo-Pacific humpbacked dolphins (Sousa chinensis), from QueenslandR O Bowater
Oonoonba Veterinary Laboratory, Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Animal and Plant Health Service, PO Box 1085, Townsville, Queensland 4810
Aust Vet J 81:627-32. 2003..serology, bacteriology, histopathology, electron microscopy and immunohistochemistry findings associated with toxoplasmosis in four Indo-Pacific humpbacked dolphins (Sousa chinensis) that stranded in Queensland in 2000 and 2001.
- Japanese encephalitis in north Queensland, Australia, 1998J N Hanna
Tropical Public Health Unit, Queensland Health, Cairns
Med J Aust 170:533-6. 1999To describe the circumstances of two cases of Japanese encephalitis (JE) in north Queensland in 1998, including one acquired on the Australian mainland.
- Associations between physical inactivity and a measure of social capital in a sample of Queensland adultsW Kerry Mummery
Centre for Social Science Research, Central Queensland University, Rockhampton, QLD, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 11:308-15. 2008..present study the associations between social capital and physical inactivity were investigated in a sample of Queensland (Australia) adults...
- An evaluation of tobacco brief intervention training in three indigenous health care settings in north QueenslandDesley Harvey
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Cairns
Aust N Z J Public Health 26:426-31. 2002To evaluate the pilot phase of a tobacco brief intervention program in three Indigenous health care settings in rural and remote north Queensland.
- Workplace violence in nursing in Queensland, Australia: a self-reported studyDesley Hegney
Rural and Remote Area Nursing, and Head of Centre for Rural and Remote Area Health, University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Int J Nurs Pract 9:261-8. 2003This paper reports on workplace violence, self-reported as part of a survey among members of the Queensland Nurses' Union (QNU) in October 2001...
- Efficacies of the mosquitomagnet and counterflow geometry traps in North Queensland, AustraliaCheryl A Johansen
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 19:265-70. 2003..The MM, being self powered and self baited via combustion of propane for up to 20 days without requiring a propane refill, would be suitable for collection of adult mosquitoes in remote areas that do not have access to dry ice...
- Early evidence for direct and indirect effects of the infant rotavirus vaccine program in QueenslandStephen B Lambert
Queensland Paediatric Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Royal Children s Hospital, and Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 191:157-60. 2009..To assess the impact of introducing a publicly funded infant rotavirus vaccination program on disease notifications and on laboratory testing and results...
- Management of episodes of incapacity by families in rural and remote QueenslandSansnee Jirojwong
Faculty of Arts, Health and Sciences, Central Queensland University, Rockhampton, Queensland 4701, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 10:249-55. 2002..This cross-sectional study was conducted in rural and remote areas of Central Queensland. Using telephone interviews, the study described the use of formal and informal health services by families in ..
- Cancer among people living in rural and remote Indigenous communities in QueenslandM Coory
Epidemiology Services Unit, Queensland Health, Brisbane
Med J Aust 173:301-4. 2000To describe the pattern of cancer among people living in rural and remote Indigenous communities in Queensland and to consider what implications the results have for cancer control.
- Aedes aegypti population sampling using BG-Sentinel traps in north Queensland Australia: statistical considerations for trap deployment and sampling strategyCraig R Williams
School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, James Cook University, P O Box 6811, Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia
J Med Entomol 44:345-50. 2007..populations in north Queensland. Analysis of Ae...
- Trends for in situ and invasive melanoma in Queensland, Australia, 1982-2002Michael Coory
Health Information Branch, Queensland Health, GPO Box 48, Brisbane, 4001 Queensland, Australia
Cancer Causes Control 17:21-7. 2006b>Queensland, the north-eastern state of Australia, has the highest incidence of melanoma in the world...
- Nasal carriage of Staphylococcus aureus, including community-associated methicillin-resistant strains, in Queensland adultsW J Munckhof
Infection Management Service, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Microbiol Infect 15:149-55. 2009Community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) infections are emerging in southeast Queensland, Australia, but the incidence of carriage of CA-MRSA strains is unknown...
- Two contiguous outbreaks of dengue type 2 in north QueenslandJ N Hanna
Tropical Public Health Unit, Queensland Health, Cairns
Med J Aust 168:221-5. 1998To investigate two outbreaks of dengue type 2 in north Queensland, one in the Torres Strait beginning in late 1996, the other in a Cairns suburb in early 1997.
- Emergence of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection in Queensland, AustraliaWendy J Munckhof
Infection Management Services, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Int J Infect Dis 7:259-64. 2003To investigate the incidence and epidemiology of non-multiresistant methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (nmMRSA) infection in south-east Queensland, Australia.
- The health and nutrition of young indigenous women in north Queensland - intergenerational implications of poor food quality, obesity, diabetes, tobacco smoking and alcohol useRobyn McDermott
University of South Australia, GPO Box 2471, Adelaide, South Australia 5001, Australia
Public Health Nutr 12:2143-9. 2009To document nutritional status and health behaviours of young indigenous women of childbearing age in rural communities in north Queensland.
- An epidemic of dengue 3 in far north Queensland, 1997-1999J N Hanna
Tropical Public Health Unit, Queensland Health, Cairns, QLD
Med J Aust 174:178-82. 2001To describe an epidemic of dengue type 3 that occurred in far north Queensland in 1997-1999 and its influence on the further development of dengue prevention and control strategies.
- Workplace violence in Queensland, Australia: the results of a comparative studyDesley Hegney
Research Practice Development Centre, University of Queensland and Blue Care, Queensland, Australia
Int J Nurs Pract 12:220-31. 2006..The study involved the random sampling of 3,000 nurses from the Queensland Nurses' Union's membership in the public (acute hospital and community nursing), private (acute hospital and ..
- Musculoskeletal disorders self-reported by dentists in Queensland, AustraliaP A Leggat
Anton Breinl Centre for Public Health and Tropical Medicine, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland
Aust Dent J 51:324-7. 2006..Musculoskeletal disorders (MSD) represent an important occupational health issue in dentistry. Given the significance of this topic, we considered it necessary to investigate the prevalence and impact of MSD among Australian dentists...
- Spatial-temporal analysis of Ross River virus disease patterns in Queensland, AustraliaMichelle L Gatton
Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health and Nutrition, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia
Am J Trop Med Hyg 71:629-35. 2004..Ross River virus is the most common vector-borne disease in Australia, with the majority of notifications being in Queensland. This study describes a retrospective spatial analysis of Queensland Ross River virus disease notifications ..
- An outbreak of Plasmodium vivax malaria in Far North Queensland, 2002Jeffrey N Hanna
Tropical Public Health Unit, Queensland Health, PO Box 1103, Cairns, QLD 4870, Australia
Med J Aust 180:24-8. 2004To describe an outbreak of Plasmodium vivax malaria in Far North Queensland in 2002.
- Indigenous women's perceptions of breast cancer diagnosis and treatment in QueenslandC McMichael
Key Centre for Women s Health in Society, University of Melbourne, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 24:515-9. 2000To identify social, structural and personal factors among indigenous women in Queensland associated with the detection of breast cancer, and the treatment and post-treatment care and support of cancer.
- The Queensland Cancer Risk Study: behavioural risk factor resultsTracey DiSipio
Viertel Centre for Research in Cancer Control, Queensland Cancer Fund, Spring Hill, Queensland
Aust N Z J Public Health 30:375-82. 2006To describe the population prevalence of key cancer risk behaviours in Queensland.
- Spatial statistical analysis of adult mosquito (Diptera: Culicidae) counts: an example using light trap data, in Redland Shire, Southeastern Queensland, AustraliaPeter A Ryan
Queensland Institute of Medical Research and Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health and Nutrition, Brisbane QLD 4029, Australia
J Med Entomol 41:1143-56. 2004..and octenol-baited lights traps to obtain weekly samples of adult mosquitoes in Redland Shire in southeastern Queensland, Australia...
- Prevalence of health behaviours in pregnancy at service entry in a Queensland health service districtShelley A Wilkinson
School of Psychology, The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Public Health 33:228-33. 2009..study's objective was to establish the prevalence of cigarette smoking, sufficient fruit and vegetable intake and sufficient physical activity among women accessing antenatal clinics in a Queensland (Australia) health service district.
- Survival of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) eggs in surface and subterranean breeding sites during the northern Queensland dry seasonB M Russell
Queensland Institute of Medical Research and University of Queensland Tropical Health Program, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Australia
J Med Entomol 38:441-5. 2001..aegypti (L.) eggs was examined in Townsville, northern Queensland, Australia...
- Trends in birth size and macrosomia in Queensland, Australia, from 1988 to 2005Petra H Lahmann
The University of Queensland, School of Population Health, Herston Qld, Australia
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 23:533-41. 2009The objectives of this study were to explore temporal changes in birth measures in Queensland, Australia, and examine whether secular trends are similar to those in other countries...
- Screening PARK genes for mutations in early-onset Parkinson's disease patients from Queensland, AustraliaGeorge D Mellick
Eskitis Institute for Cellular and Molecular Therapies, Griffith University, Nathan, QLD 4111, Australia
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 15:105-9. 2009..G2019S mutation in LRRK2. No alpha-synuclein or DJ-1 variants were observed. Our data suggest that approximately 7% of early-onset PD cases seen in Queensland movement disorders clinics have mutations involving known PARK genes.
- Comparison of multiplex PCR with conventional biochemical methods for the identification of Listeria spp. isolates from food and clinical samples in Queensland, AustraliaBixing Huang
Public Health Microbiology Laboratory, Queensland Health Scientific Services, 39 Kessels Road, Coopers Plains, QLD 4108, Australia
J Food Prot 70:1874-80. 2007..This study has provided the basic knowledge of distribution of Listeria species and L. monocytogenes serotypes in Queensland, Australia, which is useful for epidemiological investigations of listeriosis.
- Timing of transfer for pregnant women from Queensland Cape York communities to Cairns for birthingJoanna L Arnold
Cairns Base Hospital, Cairns, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 190:594-6. 2009..To determine whether the current planned transfer of pregnant women from Cape York communities to Cairns at 36 weeks' gestation for birthing is medically appropriate...
- Acute, oedematous Mycobacterium ulcerans infection in a farmer from far north QueenslandGrant A Jenkin
Department of Microbiology, Monash University, Clayton, Vic
Med J Aust 176:180-1. 2002
- Retrospective, 5-year surgical audit comparing breast cancer in indigenous and non-indigenous women in Far North QueenslandIan M Shaw
Cairns Base Hospital, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
ANZ J Surg 73:758-60. 2003..Breast cancer is the third leading cause of cancer deaths in Aboriginal women after cervical and lung cancer...
- Clinical location and student learning: outcomes from the LCAP program in Queensland, AustraliaLouise Young
Centre for Medical Education, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Teach Learn Med 20:261-6. 2008Three students in the 3rd year of a graduate entry medical program self-selected to participate in a 1-year clinical placement, each with a rural general practitioner in central western Queensland, Australia.
- Differing trends in sexual risk behaviours in three Australian states: New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland, 1998-2006Iryna B Zablotska
National Centre in HIV Social Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Sex Health 5:125-30. 2008..In recent years, the number of new diagnoses stabilised in New South Wales (NSW), but increased in other states. We reviewed the trends in sexual behaviours to explain this difference...
- Q fever in children: an emerging public health issue in QueenslandJennifer H Barralet
Med J Aust 180:596-7. 2004
- The investigation of a 'cluster' of hepatitis B in teenagers from an indigenous community in North QueenslandR L Malcolm
Tropical Public Health Unit, Queensland Health, Cairns, Queensland
Aust N Z J Public Health 24:353-5. 2000..Hepatitis B vaccine should have been offered to this cohort of teenagers in a 'catch-up' program during the late 1980s when they were of pre-school age...
- Perceptions and experiences of random breath testing in Queensland and the self-reported deterrent impact on drunk drivingBarry Watson
Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety Queensland, Queensland University of Technology, Carseldine, Australia
Traffic Inj Prev 8:11-9. 2007..testing (RBT) on the attitudes, perceptions, and self-reported behavior of motorists in the Australian state of Queensland. Particular attention was given to how exposure to RBT impacted motorists' perceived risk of apprehension and ..
- A land management history for central Queensland, Australia as determined from land-holder questionnaire and aerial photographyRoderick J Fensham
Queensland Herbarium, Environmental Protection Agency, Mt Coot tha Road, 4066 Toowong, QLD, Australia
J Environ Manage 68:409-20. 2003Features of the land management history over a 125,755 km(2) area of central Queensland, Australia were determined from a variety of sources. A random sample of 205 site locations provided the basis for determining trends in land use...
- A plea for painted railings and painted walls of rooms as the source of lead poisoning amongst Queensland children. 1904J Lockhart Gibson
Public Health Rep 120:301-4. 2005
- The medical and retrieval costs of road crashes in rural and remote northern Queensland, 2004-2007: findings from the Rural and Remote Road Safety StudyTeresa M O'Connor
School of Medicine and Dentistry, James Cook University, Townsville, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 190:54-6. 2009To estimate costs of retrieval, transport and acute medical services associated with road crashes in northern Queensland from March 2004 to June 2007.
- Bacteria associated with ectomycorrhizas of slash pine (Pinus elliottii) in south-eastern Queensland, AustraliaHironari Izumi
The Macaulay Institute, Craigiebuckler, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 282:196-204. 2008..ectomycorrhizal and uncolonized roots of Pinus elliottii (slash pine) collected from a plantation in south-east Queensland, Australia, were investigated, using cultivation-dependent and -independent methods...
- Changing epidemiology of meticillin-resistant S. aureus in Queensland, Australia, 2000-2006: use of passive surveillance of susceptibility phenotypesG R Nimmo
Division of Microbiology, Pathology Queensland Central Laboratory, Block 7, Herston Hospitals Complex, Herston, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Hosp Infect 70:305-13. 2008..Here we report passive surveillance of all public laboratory susceptibility data in Queensland to track changes in MRSA phenotypes corresponding to the major epidemic strains from 2000 to 2006...
- Herbicide contamination and the potential impact to seagrass meadows in Hervey Bay, Queensland, AustraliaKathryn McMahon
Centre for Marine Studies, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Mar Pollut Bull 51:325-34. 2005..in surface waters associated with inter-tidal seagrass meadows of Zostera muelleri in Hervey Bay, south-east Queensland, Australia. Diuron and atrazine (up to 1...
- Retreat sites of rain forest stream frogs are not a reservoir for Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis in northern Queensland, AustraliaJodi J L Rowley
Amphibian Disease Ecology Group, School of Marine and Tropical Biology, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland 4811, Australia
Dis Aquat Organ 74:7-12. 2007..nannotis were sampled 0 to 3 d after occupation during the wet and dry seasons in northern Queensland, Australia, where chytridiomycosis has been endemic for at least 10 yr...
- The prevalence, organ distribution and fertility of cystic echinoccosis in feral pigs in tropical North Queensland, AustraliaD Lidetul
Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research, National Animal Health Research Center, P O Box 04, Sebeta, Ethiopia
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 74:73-9. 2007..granulosus hydatidosis in feral pigs (Sus domesticus) in the Charters Towers region of tropical North Queensland. Data were collected from a total of 238 carcasses, which were hunted and shot in the Burdekin River catchment ..
- The increasing cost of the basic foods required to promote health in QueenslandMichelle S Harrison
Health Promotion Unit, Population Health Branch, Queensland Health, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 186:9-14. 2007To assess changes in the cost and availability of a standard basket of healthy food items (the Healthy Food Access Basket [HFAB]) in Queensland over time.
- Geographical variation of incidence of cutaneous melanoma in QueenslandPetra Gertraud Buettner
Skin Cancer Research Group, School of Public Health, Tropical Medicine, and Rehabilitation Sciences, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 16:269-77. 2008The study investigated geographical differences and time trends of incidence rate and body site distribution of cutaneous melanoma in Queensland.
- Ultrastructure and small-subunit ribosomal DNA sequence of Henneguya lesteri n. sp. (Myxosporea), a parasite of sand whiting Sillago analis (Sillaginidae) from the coast of Queensland, AustraliaS L Hallett
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Dis Aquat Organ 46:197-212. 2001Henneguya lesteri n. sp. (Myxosporea) is described from sand whiting, Sillago analis, from the southern Queensland coast of Australia. H...
- Urban birth and migrant status as risk factors for psychosis: an Australian case-control studyJ McGrath
Queensland Centre for Schizophrenia Research, Wolston Park Hospital, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 36:533-6. 2001..Urban birth and migrant status have been identified as risk factors for psychosis in North American and European studies. The aim of this study was to explore these variables in an Australian case-control study...
- The Queensland experience of participation in a national drug use evaluation project, Community-Acquired Pneumonia Towards Improving Outcomes Nationally (CAPTION)Lisa K Pulver
School of Pharmacy, Steele Building, University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
BMC Pulm Med 9:38. 2009..The purpose of this paper is to describe the experience of Queensland hospitals participating in the Community-Acquired Pneumonia Towards Improving Outcomes Nationally (CAPTION) ..
- Rural and remote health research: key issues for health providers in southern QueenslandRob M Eley
Centre for Rural and Remote Area Health, University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 15:368-72. 2007To determine what community health service providers in rural southern Queensland considered were major issues affecting their efficacy...
- The North Queensland "Sun-Safe Clothing" study: design and baseline results of a randomized trial to determine the effectiveness of sun-protective clothing in preventing melanocytic neviSimone L Harrison
Skin Cancer Research Group, North Queensland Center for Cancer Research, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, Australia 4811
Am J Epidemiol 161:536-45. 2005..centers (n = 13 intervention and n = 12 control) living in the high-solar-irradiance environment of Townsville, Queensland, Australia...
- Socio-environmental predictors of Barmah forest virus transmission in coastal areas, Queensland, AustraliaSuchithra Naish
School of Public Health and Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, QLD, Australia
Trop Med Int Health 14:247-56. 2009To assess the socio-environmental predictors of Barmah forest virus (BFV) transmission in coastal areas, Queensland, Australia.
- Factors associated with nonmelanoma skin cancer following renal transplantation in Queensland, AustraliaHelen M Ramsay
Department of Dermatology, Centre for Cell and Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine, Keele University, North Staffordshire Hospital, Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:397-406. 2003Caucasian renal transplant recipients living in Queensland, Australia, have the highest risk of nonmelanoma skin cancer in the world.
- Genetic diversity and gene flow among southeastern Queensland koalas (Phascolarctos cinereus)E V Fowler
Centre for Molecular Biotechnology, School of Life Science, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, QLD, 4001, Australia
Mol Ecol 9:155-64. 2000Habitat fragmentation and destruction associated with the rapid urban and rural development of southeast Queensland presents an immediate threat to the survival of koala populations within this region...
- Dental education in Queensland: II. Principles of curriculum designL J Walsh
School of Dentistry, University of Queensland, Turbot Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, Australia
SADJ 56:140-6. 2001..This paper outlines the design considerations underlying the new BDSc curriculum at the University of Queensland. This curriculum uses an integrated rather than subject-based approach, with student-centred modes of learning ..
- Fungal keratitis in far north Queensland, AustraliaMichael R J Thew
Cairns Base Hospital, The Esplanade, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 36:721-4. 2008Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders form a significant proportion of the population in far north Queensland and are at increased risk for many eye conditions...
- Prevalence of Parkinson's disease in metropolitan and rural Queensland: a general practice surveyCatherine M Peters
Centre for Health Research Public Health, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 13:343-8. 2006..A random sample of general practitioners (GPs) throughout Queensland (401 responses from 528 validated practice addresses) was asked to estimate the numbers of patients with IPD and ..
- Comprehensive study of endocrine disrupting compounds using grab and passive sampling at selected wastewater treatment plants in South East Queensland, AustraliaBenjamin L L Tan
Australian School of Environmental Studies, Griffith University, Nathan, Queensland 4111, Australia
Environ Int 33:654-69. 2007..EEq) in grab and passive samples from five municipal wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) in South East Queensland, Australia...
- The fetal tele-ultrasound project in QueenslandBarbara Soong
Mater Mothers Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland
Aust Health Rev 25:67-73. 2002The need for access to tertiary centre experts for those living in rural and remote areas of Queensland is well recognised. With an estimated population of 3...
- Comparison of active venom components between Eastern brown snakes collected from South Australia and QueenslandSimone Flight
Level 2, Research Wing, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, 4012, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Ecotoxicology 15:133-41. 2006..in the potency of the venom from Eastern brown snakes collected from South Australia (SA) compared to those from Queensland (QLD). A concentration of 0...
- Suicidal behaviour by train collision in Queensland, 1990-2004Diego De Leo
Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention, WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Suicide Prevention, Griffith University, Mount Gravatt Campus, QLD 4111, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 42:772-9. 2008..A study on the incidence of suicide in the train system and a description of main characteristics of victims and attempters was commissioned by Queensland Rail in response to an apparent increase of suicide phenomena and their consequences.
- Histopathology reporting of breast cancer in Queensland: the impact on the quality of reporting as a result of the introduction of recommendationsR Austin
Epidemiology Unit, Viertel Centre for Research in Cancer Control, The Cancer Council Queensland, Spring Hill, Queensland, Australia
Pathology 41:361-5. 2009..An audit of the reporting of invasive breast cancer in Queensland was conducted to determine how well these guidelines were utilised in 2004.
- Solaria use in Queensland, AustraliaSheleigh P Lawler
Cancer Prevention Research Centre and Viertel Centre for Research in Cancer Control, Queensland Cancer Fund
Aust N Z J Public Health 30:479-82. 2006To describe the demographics of solarium users and the correlates of solarium use in Queensland.
- The Well Person's Health Check: a population screening program in indigenous communities in north QueenslandGeoffrey Miller
Tropical Public Health Unit Network TPHUN, Queensland Health
Aust Health Rev 25:136-47. 2002
- Urban-rural differences in survival from cutaneous melanoma in QueenslandMichael Coory
School of Population Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Queensland, Herston Road, Herston, Queensland 4006
Aust N Z J Public Health 30:71-4. 2006To assess how much of the urban-rural disparity in melanoma survival in Queensland is due to later diagnosis.
- Trends in potential exposure to Australian bat lyssavirus in South East Queensland, 1996 to 2003Megan K Young
Brisbane Southside Public Health Unit, Brisbane, Queensland
Commun Dis Intell Q Rep 28:258-60. 2004..Concern exists regarding possible under-reporting of potential exposure to Australian bat lyssavirus especially among volunteer bat carers...
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes following diabetes in pregnancy in Far North Queensland, AustraliaBronwyn Davis
Cairns Diabetes Centre, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 49:393-9. 2009..Diabetes in pregnancy (DIP) is increasing and is associated with a number of adverse consequences for both the mother and the child...
- Solar UVR exposures of primary school children at three locations in QueenslandP Gies
Australian Radiation Laboratory, Yallambie, Victoria, Australia
Photochem Photobiol 68:78-83. 1998..For both boys and girls at each location, there was a strong correlation between the mean measured UVR exposure and the ambient solar UVR at that location...
- Lyssaviral infection and lead poisoning in black flying foxes from QueenslandL F Skerratt
School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, Australia
J Wildl Dis 34:355-61. 1998..examination of tissues are described in wild black flying foxes (Pteropus alecto) from northern Queensland (Australia). An adult female P. alecto showed aggression before death in January 1995...
- Cervical smear participation and prevalence of sexually transmitted infections in women attending a community-controlled Indigenous health service in north QueenslandK S Panaretto
Townsville Aboriginal and Islanders Health Services, Queensland
Aust N Z J Public Health 30:171-6. 2006..To increase Pap smear participation and to assess the prevalence of sexually transmitted infection (STI) in urban Indigenous women in Townsville...
- The evolution of Queensland spiny mountain crayfish of the genus Euastacus. I. Testing vicariance and dispersal with interspecific mitochondrial DNAMark Ponniah
Co operative Research Centre for Tropical Rainforest Ecology and Management, Australian School of Environmental Studies, Griffith University, Nathan, Queensland 4111, Australia
Evolution 58:1073-85. 2004..The data also suggest there was simultaneous vicariance of at least two ancestral Queensland lineages...
- Realtime fetal ultrasound by telemedicine in Queensland. A successful venture?F Y Chan
Centre for Maternal Fetal Medicine, Mater Mothers Hospital, University of Queensland, South Brisbane, Australia
J Telemed Telecare 7:7-11. 2001We have established a realtime fetal tele-ultrasound consultation service in Queensland, which has been integrated into our routine clinical practice...
- Cancer nursing research in Queensland, Australia: barriers, priorities, and strategies for progressPatsy Yates
School of Nursing, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Australia
Cancer Nurs 25:167-80. 2002..the present study was to systematically describe the research experience, attitudes, and opinions of nurses in Queensland, Australia, about priorities and strategies for developing cancer nursing research...
- Pregnancy characteristics of women giving birth to children with fetal alcohol syndrome in Far North QueenslandKatherine L Coyne
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, James Cook University School of Medicine, Cairns Campus, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 48:240-7. 2008..major cause of impairment to normal physical and intellectual development among Indigenous children in Far North Queensland; however, little is known of the pregnancy characteristics of mothers of those children diagnosed with FAS or of ..
- Is being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander a risk factor for poor neonatal outcome in a tertiary referral unit in north Queensland?K S Panaretto
Townsville Aboriginal and Islander Health Service, Kirwan Hospital for Women, Townsville, Queensland, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 38:16-22. 2002..To compare perinatal outcomes for all births, and the morbidity and mortality patterns of babies admitted to neonatal intensive care, for non-Indigenous, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (TSI) people in a major remote urban centre...
- A study of postdiagnosis breast cancer concerns for women living in rural and remote Queensland. Part II: Support issuesP McGrath
Centre for Public Health Research, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Red Hill, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 7:43-52. 1999..findings from a study on the postdiagnosis support needs of women with breast cancer living in rural and remote Queensland. The findings presented in this discussion focus on support needs from the perspective of the women experiencing ..
- GPs' perceived competence and comfort in managing medical emergencies in southeast QueenslandMarie Louise Dick
Centre for General Practice, School of Population Health, University of Queensland
Aust Fam Physician 31:870-5. 2002..Little is known about general practitioners' confidence and competence in managing medical emergencies, yet these qualities are vital to maximise patients' chances of survival...
- Pay for performance in Australia: Queensland's new Clinical Practice Improvement PaymentStephen Duckett
Queensland Health, Brisbane, Australia
J Health Serv Res Policy 13:174-7. 2008..a high profile scandal relating to quality and safety of care, the health authority in the Australian state of Queensland introduced a pay for performance (P4P) component into its new hospital prospective payment system...
- HPV vaccination: what do Queensland parents think?Katrin Hausdorf
Aust N Z J Public Health 31:288-9. 2007
- DNA Methylation Control Hematopoietic Stem Cell Lineage DifferentiationGRANT ANTHONY CHALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..D. at the University of Queensland (Brisbane, QLD, Australia) in May, 2006...
- Established Investigator Award in Cancer Prevention and ControlThomas L Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2013..of common diseases;invited participation at the Illumina Americas Scientific Summit and as a visiting scholar at Queensland Institute of Medical Research...
- Pathways from genotype and environment to melanomaNicholas K Hayward; Fiscal Year: 2012..Incidence rates in Queensland are almost five times those in the United States...
- Midwest Children's ConsortiumYumirle P Turmelle; Fiscal Year: 2013..interacting with the resources of the Washington University Clinical and Translational Science Award and Queensland Institute for Medical Research, and collaborating with a pediatric primary care network (WU Pediatric/Adolescent ..
- The Colon Cancer Family Registry: USC ConsortiumROBERT WILLIAM HAILE; Fiscal Year: 2011..testing of the MLH1, MSH2, and MSH6 proteins, and MMR mutation testing guided by the IHC results, and to the Queensland Institute of Medical Research for testing for somatic mutations in BRAF...
- World Melioidosis Congress 2010Herbert P Schweizer; Fiscal Year: 2010..regions of the world - to attend the 6th WMC (also known as WMC2010) that will be held in Townsville, Queensland, Australia, from November 30 to December 3, 2010...
- Meeting on the Pathogenesis of ClostridiaABRAHAM LINCOLN SONENSHEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..on the Molecular Biology and Pathogenesis of the Clostridia will be held from October 22-25, 2013 in Palm Cove, Queensland, Australia. Previous meetings in this series have occurred at 2-3 year intervals...
- THEORETICAL POPULATION GENETICSBruce S Weir; Fiscal Year: 2013..They propose to continue collaboration with W.G. Hill at the University of Edinburgh and P.M. Visscher at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research...
- Alzheimer's disease risk analyzed using population imaging genomicsPaul M Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2012..association scanning (GWAS) and a candidate gene analyses of two large healthy cohorts: (1) 1150 young adult Queensland twins (QTwin;age: 20-29), and (2) 273 older healthy and cognitively impaired adults in the Alzheimer's ..
- Genetic Variation in the NF-kappaB Pathway and Ovarian Cancer EtiologyEllen L Goode; Fiscal Year: 2012..study consists of external validation of approximately 50 polymorphisms using data from ongoing studies at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Australia, and the University of Cambridge, UK...
- STATISTICAL AND QUANTITATIVE GENETICSBruce S Weir; Fiscal Year: 2013..Peter Visscher, Senior Principal Research Fellow at Queensland Institute, will develop and implement better methods to dissect trait variation and predict phenotypes from SNP ..
- 13th International Campylobacter/Helicobacter workshopIrving Nachamkin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Workshop on Campylobacter, Helicobacter & Related Organisms (CHRO) from September 4-8, 2005 in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia...
- 12th International p53 WorkshopCarol Prives; Fiscal Year: 2006..Human Carcinogenesis, Bethesda, USA), Dr David Lane (University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland), Dr Martin Lavin (Queensland Institute Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia), Dr Arnold Levine, (Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, ..
- Potential New Breast Cancer Drugs from Tropical PlantsDEBRA MORIARITY; Fiscal Year: 2003..The montane cloud forest in Monteverde, Costa Rica, the tropical rain forests in North Queensland, Australia and the tropical forest on Abaco Island, The Bahamas, contain extremely biodiverse populations of ..
- HEMOCHROMATOSIS--MECHANISMS AND NOVEL THERAPIESLawrie Powell; Fiscal Year: 2004..the expertise of members of the Clinical Sciences Unit of QIMR in iron metabolism with that of x-ray crystallography and structure-based drug design studies at the Centre for Drug Design and Development in the University of Queensland.
- APOE and Functional Severity in Cerebral PalsyJames Blackman; Fiscal Year: 2009..They plan to obtain DNA samples on 200 children with CP who are entered in the Victorian CP study and the Queensland CP study in Australia...
- BIOIRON RESEARCH CONFERENCES 2001-2005Gary Brittenham; Fiscal Year: 2003..Bioiron 2001 will be held in Cairns, Queensland, Australia, from August 18 to 23, 2001. The Bioiron 2003 conference will be held in Washington, D.C...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIANancy Buccola; Fiscal Year: 2007..C.R. Cloninger), U. Iowa (R. Crowe), U. Colorado (R. Freedman), U. Pennsylvania (D. Levinson), U. Queensland (B. Mowry), and Mt. Sinai (J. Silverman)...
- GENETIC LINKAGE OF SCHIZOPHRENIA USING A GENOME MAPDouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 1999..The sample is a collaborative effort of four groups (Allegheny University, University of Queensland, University of Iowa, Mt. Sinai)...
- AUSTRALASIAN C0L0RECTAL CANCER FAMILY STUDYJeremy Jass; Fiscal Year: 2002..approach will be followed with respect to the collection and storage at the Operation Core (University of Queensland) of biological specimens and epidemiological, genetic, clinical, histopathological and molecular data...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIADonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2006..C.R. Cloninger), U. Iowa (R. Crowe), U. Colorado (R. Freedman), U. Pennsylvania (D. Levinson), U. Queensland (B. Mowry), and Mt. Sinai (J. Silverman)...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIADouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2007..C.R. Cloninger), U. Iowa (R. Crowe), U. Colorado (R. Freedman), U. Pennsylvania (D. Levinson), U. Queensland (B. Mowry), and Mt. Sinai (J. Silverman)...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIABryan Mowry; Fiscal Year: 2006
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIAFAROOQ AMIN; Fiscal Year: 2006
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIARobert Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2006
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIAC Cloninger; Fiscal Year: 2006
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIAWilliam Byerley; Fiscal Year: 2006
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIAJeremy Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2006
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIAPablo Gejman; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Telomere Biology and DNA RepairAndrew Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Reddel, Michael B. Kastan and Titia de Lange, which will be held in Queensland, Australia from October 9-14, 2009...
- TRANSITION TO ADULTHOOD IN YOUTH AT RISK FOR DEPRESSIONPatricia Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2004..The youth and their families are a high-risk sample from a birth cohort study in Queensland, Australia...
- Genetic variation in microRNA targets in candidate genes for mental disordersMichael James; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Over the past twenty years, the Genetic Epidemiology Unit at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research, under the direction of Dr Nick Martin, has conducted large scale genetic epidemiologic ..
- DEVELOPING FAMILY-FOCUSED PREVENTIONS: COPARENTINGMark Feinberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Matthew Sanders, Director of the Parenting and Family Support Centre at The University of Queensland; Dr. John Gottman, noted marital researcher and interventionist; Dr...
- AUSTRALASIAN COLORECTAL CANCER FAMILY REGISTRYJohn Hopper; Fiscal Year: 2007..that will contain tissues from 30 colorectal cancers or polyps obtained per year from subjects treated within Queensland. 8...
- Maternal overnutrition and offspring fat mass, metabolic and vascular function.Debbie Lawlor; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Quantification of the environmental UVA exposureMichael Kimlin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Protective Cell-Mediated Immunity Against Lethal H5N1 Influenza A VirusesPeter C Doherty; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should allow us to develop a clear, mechanistic understanding of how to promote effective CMI against the H5N1 viruses. ..
- JWatcher-event recorder and behavioral analysis programDANIEL BLUMSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..While we will continue to freely-distribute the software, on-going support and routine updates will be supported by the sales of a detailed users manual, which will include laboratory exercises suitable for teaching. ..
- DIVERGENT CAUSAL PATHWAYS TO MELANOMA: A COMBINED ANALYSIS OF 12 CASE-CONTROL STUDavid Whiteman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately, the results of this research may contribute to better preventive strategies to reduce the number of people who die from melanoma (currently 8000 people each year in the United States). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nipah virus and Hendra virus Peptide TherapeuticsChristopher Broder; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will establish the required experimental conditions and parameters and test this hypothesis in a NiV infection model using the cat. ..
- Molecular epidemiology of Barretts esophagus and cancerDavid Whiteman; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anti-Trypanosomal Agents from a Neotropical CloudforestWILLIAM SETZER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term benefit of this research project is the development of new medicines to treat patients with Chagas disease. ..
- Nipah Virus and Hendra Virus Subunit VaccinesChristopher Broder; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will evaluate monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies in both reporter-gene membrane fusion assays and in virus-neutralization assays. ..
- Global GAS Vaccine Based On The M-ProteinMichael Good; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- HIV-1 Fusion CoreceptorsChristopher Broder; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..