Summary: The presence of four sets of chromosomes. It is associated with ABNORMALITIES, MULTIPLE; and MISCARRAGES.
- Liu H, Sun B, Wang S, Liu C, Lu Y, Li D, et al. Circulating Tumor Cells as a Biomarker in Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:373-382 pubmed publisher..4% at a cutoff point of 2 CTC subtypes. The diagnostic value of both total CTC number and CTC subtype number was a little poorer than CA199. Both CTC subtype and total CTC number may serve as potential biomarkers for PDAC. ..
- Ahmed M, Shen C, Khan A, Wahid M, Shaban M, Lin Z. A comparative genomics approach revealed evolutionary dynamics of microsatellite imperfection and conservation in genus Gossypium. Hereditas. 2017;154:12 pubmed publisher..The outcome could be a directive to explore comparative evolutionary footprints of simple non-coding genetic elements i.e., repeat elements, through the evolution of genus-specific characteristics in cotton genomes. ..
- Yu F, Wang H, Zhao Y, Liu R, Dou Q, Dong J, et al. Karyotypic evolution of the Medicago complex: sativa-caerulea-falcata inferred from comparative cytogenetic analysis. BMC Evol Biol. 2017;17:104 pubmed publisher..However, the tetraploid subspecies falcata is far from a simple autopolyploid from diploid subspecies falcata although no obvious morphological change was observed between these two subspecies. ..
- Li X, Shahid M, Xia J, Lu Z, Fang N, Wang L, et al. Analysis of small RNAs revealed differential expressions during pollen and embryo sac development in autotetraploid rice. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:129 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings provide a foundation for understanding the effect of polyploidy on small RNAs expression patterns during pollen and embryo sac development that may lead to different abnormalities in autotetraploid rice. ..
- Ranwez V, Holtz Y, Sarah G, Ardisson M, Santoni S, Glemin S, et al. Disentangling homeologous contigs in allo-tetraploid assembly: application to durum wheat. BMC Bioinformatics. 2013;14 Suppl 15:S15 pubmed publisher..supagro.inra.fr/homeoSplitter/. This work provides a practical solution to the complex problem of disentangling homeologous transcripts in allo-tetraploids, which further allows an improved SNP detection. ..
- Laidò G, Mangini G, Taranto F, Gadaleta A, Blanco A, Cattivelli L, et al. Genetic Diversity and Population Structure of Tetraploid Wheats (Triticum turgidum L.) Estimated by SSR, DArT and Pedigree Data. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67280 pubmed publisher..subspecies and the genetic potential of landraces and wild accessions for the detection of unexplored alleles. ..
- Shen C, Jin X, Zhu D, Lin Z. Uncovering SNP and indel variations of tetraploid cottons by SLAF-seq. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:247 pubmed publisher..The results presented herein provide a valuable genomic resource for new insights into the genetics and breeding of cotton. ..
- Nakayama Y, Soeda S, Ikeuchi M, Kakae K, Yamaguchi N. Cytokinesis Failure Leading to Chromosome Instability in v-Src-Induced Oncogenesis. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..review, we highlight recent progress in our understanding of cytokinesis failure and the attenuation of the tetraploidy checkpoint in v-Src-expressing cells...
- Banjanac T, Dragićević M, Siler B, Gašić U, Bohanec B, Nestorović Živković J, et al. Chemodiversity of two closely related tetraploid Centaurium species and their hexaploid hybrid: Metabolomic search for high-resolution taxonomic classifiers. Phytochemistry. 2017;140:27-44 pubmed publisher..The presented metabolomics approach will certainly, along with morphometrics and molecular genetics studies, have high impact on further elucidation of complex relationships among taxa within the genus Centaurium. ..
- Donze Reiner T, Palmer N, Scully E, Prochaska T, Koch K, Heng Moss T, et al. Transcriptional analysis of defense mechanisms in upland tetraploid switchgrass to greenbugs. BMC Plant Biol. 2017;17:46 pubmed publisher..These results can be exploited to develop switchgrass lines with more durable resistance to GB and potentially other aphids. ..
- Patiño Parrado I, Gómez Jiménez Á, López Sánchez N, Frade J. Strand-specific CpG hemimethylation, a novel epigenetic modification functional for genomic imprinting. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8822-8834 pubmed publisher..We anticipate the existence of a novel molecular mechanism regulating the transition from fully methylated CpGs to strand-specific hemimethylated CpGs. ..
- Sulli M, Mandolino G, Sturaro M, Onofri C, Diretto G, Parisi B, et al. Molecular and biochemical characterization of a potato collection with contrasting tuber carotenoid content. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184143 pubmed publisher..Other tuber metabolites, such as glucose, monogalactosyldiacyglycerol (a glycolipid), or suberin precursors, showed instead significant correlations with both traits. ..
- Fang L, Gong H, Hu Y, Liu C, Zhou B, Huang T, et al. Genomic insights into divergence and dual domestication of cultivated allotetraploid cottons. Genome Biol. 2017;18:33 pubmed publisher..hirsutum and G. barbadense and between wild accessions and modern cultivars. These results provide genomic bases for improving cotton production and for further evolution analysis of polyploid crops. ..
- Deng M, Dong Y, Zhao Z, Li Y, Fan G. Dissecting the proteome dynamics of the salt stress induced changes in the leaf of diploid and autotetraploid Paulownia fortunei. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181937 pubmed publisher..This study offers a better understanding of the mechanisms of salt tolerance in P. fortunei and provides a list of potential target genes that could be engineered for salt acclimation in plants, especially trees. ..
- Ye L, Zhang C, Tang X, Chen Y, Liu S. Variations in 5S rDNAs in diploid and tetraploid offspring of red crucian carp × common carp. BMC Genet. 2017;18:75 pubmed publisher..This study provided new insights into the relationship among the evolution of 5S rDNAs, hybridization and polyploidization, which were significant in clarifying the genome evolution of polyploid fish. ..