Genomes and Genes
Summary: Transmission of genetic characters, qualities, and traits, solely from maternal extra-nuclear elements such as MITOCHONDRIAL DNA or MATERNAL MESSENGER RNA.
- Srirattana K, McCosker K, Schatz T, St John J. Cattle phenotypes can disguise their maternal ancestry. BMC Genet. 2017;18:59 pubmed publisher..The phenotype of cattle is not always related to their mtDNA profiles. MtDNA profiles should be considered for breeding programmes as they also influence phenotypic traits and reproductive capacity in terms of oocyte quality. ..
- Pereira G, Pinho R, Pinho E, Pires L, Bernardo Junior L, Pereira J, et al. Selection of maize inbred lines and gene expression for resistance to ear rot. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..Thus, the genes LOX8 and Hsp82 are potential molecular markers for selection of maize inbred lines resistant to F. verticillioides. ..
- Flyamer I, Gassler J, Imakaev M, Brandão H, Ulianov S, Abdennur N, et al. Single-nucleus Hi-C reveals unique chromatin reorganization at oocyte-to-zygote transition. Nature. 2017;544:110-114 pubmed publisher..An understanding of this zygotic chromatin 'ground state' could potentially provide insights into reprogramming cells to a state of totipotency. ..
- Mutai H, Watabe T, Kosaki K, Ogawa K, Matsunaga T. Mitochondrial mutations in maternally inherited hearing loss. BMC Med Genet. 2017;18:32 pubmed publisher..3243A?>?G mutation. Since five of nine probands with the clinical criteria used in this study had mtDNA mutations, these criteria may be helpful for identification of candidate patients likely to have mtDNA mutations. ..
- Ververi A, Islam L, Bewes B, Busby L, Sullivan C, Canham N. Angelman Syndrome due to a Maternally Inherited Intragenic Deletion Encompassing Exons 7 and 8 of the UBE3A Gene. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2017;152:132-136 pubmed publisher..Alternative techniques, such as array-CGH and MLPA, are necessary when conventional testing for AS has failed to identify the underlying genetic mechanism. ..
- Yon D, Park J, Kim S, Shim S, Chae K. A sibship with duplication of Xq28 inherited from the mother; genomic characterization and clinical outcomes. BMC Med Genet. 2017;18:30 pubmed publisher..We tried to analyze the information of the relationship between neuropsychiatric phenotype and the extent of duplication at Xq28 by comparing with previous reports. ..
- Zhang J, Liu H, Luo S, Lu Z, Chavez Badiola A, Liu Z, et al. Live birth derived from oocyte spindle transfer to prevent mitochondrial disease. Reprod Biomed Online. 2017;34:361-368 pubmed publisher..36-9.23% in his tested tissues. The boy is currently healthy at 7 months of age, although long-term follow-up of the child's longitudinal development remains crucial. ..
- Santos Ferreira D, Williams D, Kangas A, Soininen P, Ala Korpela M, Smith G, et al. Association of pre-pregnancy body mass index with offspring metabolic profile: Analyses of 3 European prospective birth cohorts. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002376 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that maternal BMI-offspring metabolome associations are likely to be largely due to shared genetic or familial lifestyle confounding rather than to intrauterine mechanisms. ..