Genomes and Genes
Summary: The pattern of GENE EXPRESSION at the level of genetic transcription in a specific organism or under specific circumstances in specific cells.
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Euskirchen P, Radke J, Schmidt M, Schulze Heuling E, Kadikowski E, Maricos M, et al. Cellular heterogeneity contributes to subtype-specific expression of ZEB1 in human glioblastoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185376 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicate that immune infiltration likely contributes to differential labelling of ZEB1 and confounds interpretation of bulk ZEB1 expression data. ..
- Dong B, Wu B, Hong W, Li X, Li Z, Xue L, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the tea oil camellia (Camellia oleifera) reveals candidate drought stress genes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181835 pubmed publisher..Further studies of DEGs involved in metabolic pathways related to drought stress and transcription will facilitate the discovery of novel genes involved in resistance to drought stress in this commercially important plant. ..
- Zhang Q, Zeng L, Zhou P, Irving A, Li S, Shi Z, et al. IFNAR2-dependent gene expression profile induced by IFN-? in Pteropus alecto bat cells and impact of IFNAR2 knockout on virus infection. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182866 pubmed publisher..This study expands our knowledge about bat immunology and the cell line established can provide a powerful tool for future study into virus-bat interaction and cancer biology. ..
- Choi Y, Song I, Jin Y, Jin H, Ji H, Jeong S, et al. Transcriptional profiling of human femoral mesenchymal stem cells in osteoporosis and its association with adipogenesis. Gene. 2017;632:7-15 pubmed publisher..041). Some genetic changes in MSCs are involved in the pathophysiology of osteoporosis. The NR4A family might comprise common genes related to osteoporosis and obesity. ..
- Softic S, Gupta M, Wang G, Fujisaka S, O Neill B, Rao T, et al. Divergent effects of glucose and fructose on hepatic lipogenesis and insulin signaling. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:4059-4074 pubmed publisher..Thus, fructose is a component of dietary sugar that is distinctively associated with poor metabolic outcomes, whereas increased glucose intake may be protective. ..
- Liu J, Xu Y, Zhang L, Li W, Cai Z, Li F, et al. De novo assembly and analysis of the transcriptome of Rumex patientia L. during cold stress. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186470 pubmed publisher..Here, we used Illumina Hiseq technology for transcriptome assembly in R. patientia under normal and cold conditions to evaluate how it responds to cold stress.
- Yang Z, Yan A, Lu R, Dai Z, Tang Q, Cheng C, et al. De novo transcriptome sequencing of two cultivated jute species under salinity stress. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185863 pubmed publisher..We conducted high-throughput transcriptome sequencing of 24 C. capsularis and C...
- Kwa M, Makris A, Esteva F. Clinical utility of gene-expression signatures in early stage breast cancer. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2017;14:595-610 pubmed publisher..We also review data from comparative studies of these assays and from cost-effectiveness analyses relating to their clinical use. ..
- Guo M, Li S, Tian S, Wang B, Zhao X. Transcriptome analysis of genes involved in defense against alkaline stress in roots of wild jujube (Ziziphus acidojujuba). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185732 pubmed publisher..is highly tolerant to alkaline, saline and drought stress; however, no studies have performed transcriptome profiling to study the response of wild jujube to these and other abiotic stresses...
- Wang D, Haley J, Thompson P. Comparative gene co-expression network analysis of epithelial to mesenchymal transition reveals lung cancer progression stages. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:830 pubmed publisher..Measurement of EMT dynamic genes, as opposed to E or M only, is potentially useful in future efforts aimed at classifying patient's responses to treatments based on the EMT dynamics in the tissue. ..
- Hou J, Brouwer W, Kreefft K, Gama L, Price S, Janssen H, et al. Unique intrahepatic transcriptomics profiles discriminate the clinical phases of a chronic HBV infection. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179920 pubmed publisher..We performed an in-depth transcriptome analysis of archived FFPE liver biopsies of each clinical phase to address host determinants associated with ..
- Liu Q, Jiang C, Xu J, Zhao M, Van Bortle K, Cheng X, et al. Genome-Wide Temporal Profiling of Transcriptome and Open Chromatin of Early Cardiomyocyte Differentiation Derived From hiPSCs and hESCs. Circ Res. 2017;121:376-391 pubmed publisher..To characterize transcriptome and chromatin accessibility during early cardiomyocyte differentiation from hiPSCs and hESCs...
- Cabrera C, Manson J, Shepherd J, Torrance H, Watson D, Longhi M, et al. Signatures of inflammation and impending multiple organ dysfunction in the hyperacute phase of trauma: A prospective cohort study. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002352 pubmed publisher..We performed whole blood transcriptome and flow cytometry analyses on a total of 70 critically injured patients (Injury Severity Score [ISS] ? 25) at ..
- Kan J, Liu T, Ma N, Li H, Li X, Wang J, et al. Transcriptome analysis of Callery pear (Pyrus calleryana) reveals a comprehensive signalling network in response to Alternaria alternata. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184988 pubmed publisher..In this study, high-throughput single-strand RNA-sequencing was used to compare the transcriptome profiles of Callery pear leaves before and after A. alternata incubation for 7 days. The analysis yielded 73...
- Jan S, Vormer T, Jongejan A, Röling M, Silber S, de Rooij D, et al. Unraveling transcriptome dynamics in human spermatogenesis. Development. 2017;144:3659-3673 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that the transcriptome of precursor cells already contains the genes necessary for cellular differentiation and that timely ..
- Zhang Y, Wang H, Wang Y, Wang H, Zhang S, Hong J, et al. Transcriptome analysis of mRNA and microRNAs in intramuscular fat tissues of castrated and intact male Chinese Qinchuan cattle. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185961 pubmed publisher..These results provided valuable insights into the molecular mechanisms of the IMF phenotype differences between steers and bulls...
- Kuang Q, Zhang S, Wu P, Chen Y, Li M, Jiang H, et al. Global gene expression analysis of the response of physic nut (Jatropha curcas L.) to medium- and long-term nitrogen deficiency. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182700 pubmed publisher..Our discoveries may offer clues to the molecular mechanisms that regulate N reallocation and reutilization so as to maintain or increase plant performance even under adverse environmental conditions. ..
- Bustamante M, Hernandez Ferrer C, Sarria Y, Harrison G, Nonell L, Kang W, et al. The acute effects of ultraviolet radiation on the blood transcriptome are independent of plasma 25OHD3. Environ Res. 2017;159:239-248 pubmed publisher..The increase was more pronounced in participants with low basal 25OHD3 levels. Mediation analyses suggested that changes in gene expression due to FSSR were independent of 25OHD3 and blood cell subpopulations. ..
- Au E, Fernandez Godino R, Kaczynksi T, Sousa M, Farkas M. Characterization of lincRNA expression in the human retinal pigment epithelium and differentiated induced pluripotent stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183939 pubmed publisher..In this study, we examine the human retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) lincRNA transcriptome using RNA-Seq data generated from human fetal RPE (fRPE), RPE derived from human induced pluripotent stem ..
- Pecaut M, Mao X, Bellinger D, Jonscher K, Stodieck L, Ferguson V, et al. Is spaceflight-induced immune dysfunction linked to systemic changes in metabolism?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174174 pubmed publisher..Given the clear link between immune function and metabolism in many ground-based diseases, we propose a similar link may be involved in spaceflight-induced decrements in immune and metabolic function. ..
- Weiss G, Byron S, Aldrich J, Sangal A, Barilla H, Kiefer J, et al. A prospective pilot study of genome-wide exome and transcriptome profiling in patients with small cell lung cancer progressing after first-line therapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179170 pubmed publisher..Earlier access to NGS guided therapy, along with improved understanding of those SCLC patients likely to respond to immune-based therapies, should help to extend survival in these cases with poor outcomes. ..
- Mudge J, Martyniuk C, Houlahan J. Optimal alpha reduces error rates in gene expression studies: a meta-analysis approach. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:312 pubmed publisher..ii) a Bonferroni adjustment and (iii) a false discovery rate (FDR) adjustment which is widely used in transcriptome studies...
- Zhu F, Yang Z, Zhang Y, Hu K, Fang W. Transcriptome differences between enrofloxacin-resistant and enrofloxacin-susceptible strains of Aeromonas hydrophila. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179549 pubmed publisher..hydrophila. This study conducted de novo transcriptome sequencing and compared the global transcriptomes of enrofloxacin-resistant and enrofloxacin-susceptible ..
- Delacher M, Imbusch C, Weichenhan D, Breiling A, Hotz Wagenblatt A, TrÃ¤ger U, et al. Genome-wide DNA-methylation landscape defines specialization of regulatory T cells in tissues. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:1160-1172 pubmed publisher..Thus, tissue Treg cells integrate multiple waves of epigenetic reprogramming that define their tissue-restricted specialization. ..
- Ruan L, Yang Y, Huang Y, Ding L, Zhang C, Wu X. Functional prediction of miR-3144-5p in human cardiac myocytes based on transcriptome sequencing and bioinformatics. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7539 pubmed publisher..b>Transcriptome sequencing was then performed in HCMs with or without transfection...
- Laugeray A, Herzine A, Perche O, Richard O, Montécot Dubourg C, Menuet A, et al. In utero and lactational exposure to low-doses of the pyrethroid insecticide cypermethrin leads to neurodevelopmental defects in male mice-An ethological and transcriptomic study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184475 pubmed publisher
- Khan A, Katanic D, Thakar J. Meta-analysis of cell- specific transcriptomic data using fuzzy c-means clustering discovers versatile viral responsive genes. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:295 pubmed publisher..com/Thakar-Lab/FIGS ) to facilitate use of of pipeline. Future extension of FIGS across different immune cell-types will improve mechanistic investigation followed by high-throughput omics studies. ..
- Zhang M, Lykke Andersen S, Xiao W, Hoskins J, Zhang X, Rost L, et al. Characterising cis-regulatory variation in the transcriptome of histologically normal and tumour-derived pancreatic tissues. Gut. 2018;67:521-533 pubmed publisher..We have identified cis-eQTLs representing potential functional regulatory variants in the pancreas and generated a rich data set for further studies on gene expression and its regulation in pancreatic tissues. ..
- Sato S, Solanas G, Peixoto F, Bee L, Symeonidi A, Schmidt M, et al. Circadian Reprogramming in the Liver Identifies Metabolic Pathways of Aging. Cell. 2017;170:664-677.e11 pubmed publisher..Using young versus old mice, fed ad libitum or under CR, we reveal reprogramming of the circadian transcriptome in the liver...
- Shafaghati L, Razaghi Moghadam Z, Mohammadnejad J. A Systems Biology Approach to Understanding Alcoholic Liver Disease Molecular Mechanism: The Development of Static and Dynamic Models. Bull Math Biol. 2017;79:2450-2473 pubmed publisher..approach was employed to integrate interactome (protein-protein interaction and signaling pathways) and transcriptome data to reconstruct both a static network of ALD and a dynamic model for it...
- Oh H, Grinberg Bleyer Y, Liao W, Maloney D, Wang P, Wu Z, et al. An NF-?B Transcription-Factor-Dependent Lineage-Specific Transcriptional Program Promotes Regulatory T Cell Identity and Function. Immunity. 2017;47:450-465.e5 pubmed publisher..b>Transcriptome and NF-?B p65 binding analyses demonstrated a lineage specific, NF-?B-dependent transcriptional program, ..
- Bordas Le Floch V, Le Mignon M, Bussières L, Jain K, Martelet A, Baron Bodo V, et al. A combined transcriptome and proteome analysis extends the allergome of house dust mite Dermatophagoides species. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185830 pubmed publisher..Given the multiplicity of IgE-reactive mite proteins, potential additional allergens have likely been overlooked...
- Zhao X, Gao S, Wu Z, Kajigaya S, Feng X, Liu Q, et al. Single-cell RNA-seq reveals a distinct transcriptome signature of aneuploid hematopoietic cells. Blood. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In total, transcriptome sequences were obtained from 391 control cells and 588 cells from patients...
- Nirschl C, Suárez Fariñas M, Izar B, Prakadan S, Dannenfelser R, Tirosh I, et al. IFN?-Dependent Tissue-Immune Homeostasis Is Co-opted in the Tumor Microenvironment. Cell. 2017;170:127-141.e15 pubmed publisher..These findings link immune homeostasis to key determinants of anti-tumoral immunity and escape, revealing co-opting of tissue-specific immune development in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Sun C, Tian J, Liu X, Guan G. MiR-21 promotes fibrosis and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum in lumbar spinal canal stenosis by activating IL-6 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1106-1111 pubmed publisher..MiR-21 is a fibrosis-associated miRNA and promotes inflammation in LF tissue by activating IL-6 expression, leading to LF fibrosis and hypertrophy. ..
- Ramaker R, Bowling K, Lasseigne B, Hagenauer M, Hardigan A, Davis N, et al. Post-mortem molecular profiling of three psychiatric disorders. Genome Med. 2017;9:72 pubmed publisher..We provide a comprehensive post-mortem transcriptome profile of three psychiatric disorders across three brain regions...
- Kuijer A, Straver M, den Dekker B, van Bommel A, Elias S, Smorenburg C, et al. Impact of 70-Gene Signature Use on Adjuvant Chemotherapy Decisions in Patients With Estrogen Receptor-Positive Early Breast Cancer: Results of a Prospective Cohort Study. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35:2814-2819 pubmed publisher..Conclusion In this prospective, multicenter study in a selection of patients with ER-positive, early-stage breast cancer, 70-GS use changed the physician-intended recommendation to administer CT in half of the patients. ..
- Stik G, Crequit S, Petit L, Durant J, Charbord P, Jaffredo T, et al. Extracellular vesicles of stromal origin target and support hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2217-2230 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study reveals that EVs are an important component of the HSPC niche, which may have major applications in regenerative medicine. ..
- Lee S, Jiang X. Modeling miRNA-mRNA interactions that cause phenotypic abnormality in breast cancer patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182666 pubmed publisher..The MBS algorithm is a potentially useful tool for identifying interacting gene pairs implicated by the deregulation of expression. ..
- Strom T, Harrison L, Giuliano A, Schell M, Eschrich S, Berglund A, et al. Tumour radiosensitivity is associated with immune activation in solid tumours. Eur J Cancer. 2017;84:304-314 pubmed publisher..63 [95% confidence interval 0.36, 1.09]) and 12-CK (HR 0.66 [0.41, 1.04]) each providing comparable contributions. Tumour radiosensitivity is associated with immune activation as measured by the two GESs. ..
- Pokorn T, Radisek S, Javornik B, Stajner N, Jakse J. Development of hop transcriptome to support research into host-viroid interactions. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184528 pubmed publisher..To study these interactions, we constructed a deep hop NGS transcriptome based on 35 Gb paired-end sequencing data assembled into over 74 Mb of contigs...
- Nishizono R, Kikuchi M, Wang S, Chowdhury M, Nair V, HARTMAN J, et al. FSGS as an Adaptive Response to Growth-Induced Podocyte Stress. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2931-2945 pubmed publisher..Modest modulation of the growth side of this equation significantly ameliorated FSGS progression, suggesting that glomerular growth is an underappreciated therapeutic target for preservation of renal function. ..
- Wang P, Wang F, Yang J. De novo assembly and analysis of the Pugionium cornutum (L.) Gaertn. transcriptome and identification of genes involved in the drought response. Gene. 2017;626:290-297 pubmed publisher..cornutum has received little attention. At present, there is limited available transcriptome information for P. cormutum in public databases...
- Pathan E, Ghormade V, Deshpande M. Selection of reference genes for quantitative real-time RT-PCR assays in different morphological forms of dimorphic zygomycetous fungus Benjaminiella poitrasii. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179454 pubmed publisher..poitrasii, generated more reliable results, indicating that our selection of reference genes was appropriate. ..
- Liu Z, Lou H, Xie K, Wang H, Chen N, Aparicio O, et al. Reconstructing cell cycle pseudo time-series via single-cell transcriptome data. Nat Commun. 2017;8:22 pubmed publisher..model-based computational method named reCAT, to recover cell cycle along time for unsynchronized single-cell transcriptome data. We independently test reCAT for accuracy and reliability using several data sets...
- Heinrich F, Lehmbecker A, Raddatz B, Kegler K, Tipold A, Stein V, et al. Morphologic, phenotypic, and transcriptomic characterization of classically and alternatively activated canine blood-derived macrophages in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183572 pubmed publisher..Global microarray analysis revealed profound changes in the transcriptome of polarized canine macrophages...
- Huang Z, Chen M, Zhang J, Sheng Y, Ji L. Integrative analysis of hepatic microRNA and mRNA to identify potential biological pathways associated with monocrotaline-induced liver injury in mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;333:35-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study demonstrated the integrative altered expression profile of liver miRNA and mRNA, and identified that innate immunity may be critically involved in MCT-induced liver injury in mice. ..
- Bennis A, ten Brink J, Moerland P, Heine V, Bergen A. Comparative gene expression study and pathway analysis of the human iris- and the retinal pigment epithelium. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182983 pubmed publisher..Our data combined with that of the literature, represent a most comprehensive perspective on transcriptional variation, which may support future research in the development of therapeutic transplantation of IE. ..
- Wang X, Wen X, Zhou J, Qi Y, Wu R, Wang Y, et al. MicroRNA-223 and microRNA-21 in peripheral blood B cells associated with progression of primary biliary cholangitis patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184292 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study offers novel perspectives on the role of miRNAs in PBC pathogenesis. ..
- Boehm M, Ojeda D, Cronk Q. Dissecting the 'bacon and eggs' phenotype: transcriptomics of post-anthesis colour change in Lotus. Ann Bot. 2017;120:563-575 pubmed publisher..filicaulis and L. sessilifolius . The genes implicated offer the basis for further investigations into how gene families, transcription factors and related pathways are likely to be involved in PACC. ..
- Toraih E, Aly N, Abdallah H, Al Qahtani S, Shaalan A, Hussein M, et al. MicroRNA-target cross-talks: Key players in glioblastoma multiforme. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317726842 pubmed publisher..Future translational and functional studies are highly recommended to better understand the complex bio-molecular signature of this difficult-to-treat tumor...
- Nguyen M, Ho Huynh T. Nam Dia long, a Vietnamese folk formula, induces apoptosis in MCF-7 cells through various mechanisms of action. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:522 pubmed publisher..NDL elicited a two-stage response in MCF-7 treated cells with apoptosis as the ultimate result. The various mechanisms inducing apoptosis reflected the complexity of the formula composition. ..
- George C, Gontier G, Lacube P, Francois J, Holzenberger M, Aid S. The Alzheimer's disease transcriptome mimics the neuroprotective signature of IGF-1 receptor-deficient neurons. Brain. 2017;140:2012-2027 pubmed publisher..This study highlights neuronal IGF1R signalling as a relevant target for developing Alzheimer's disease prevention strategies. ..
- Liu P, Lassén E, Nair V, Berthier C, Suguro M, Sihlbom C, et al. Transcriptomic and Proteomic Profiling Provides Insight into Mesangial Cell Function in IgA Nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2961-2972 pubmed publisher..The genes, proteins, and corresponding pathways identified provide novel insights into the pathophysiologic mechanisms leading to IgAN. ..
- Mackenzie K, Carroll P, Martin C, Murina O, Fluteau A, Simpson D, et al. cGAS surveillance of micronuclei links genome instability to innate immunity. Nature. 2017;548:461-465 pubmed publisher..As micronuclei formed from lagging chromosomes also activate this pathway, recognition of micronuclei by cGAS may act as a cell-intrinsic immune surveillance mechanism that detects a range of neoplasia-inducing processes. ..
- Zhang Y, Li D, Han R, Wang Y, Li G, Liu X, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the pectoral muscles of local chickens and commercial broilers using Ribo-Zero ribonucleic acid sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184115 pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide a reference for further studies of the molecular mechanisms of meat formation. ..
- Heikkinen L, Kesäniemi J, Knott K. De novo transcriptome assembly and developmental mode specific gene expression of Pygospio elegans. Evol Dev. 2017;19:205-217 pubmed publisher..between individuals producing offspring with different larval developmental modes, we performed whole transcriptome Illumina RNA sequencing of adult worms from two populations and prepared a de novo assembly of the P...
- Park S, Han C, Park J, Zhao L, Zhu X, Willingham M, et al. Defective erythropoiesis caused by mutations of the thyroid hormone receptor ? gene. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006991 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the Thra1PV/+ mouse could serve as a preclinical mouse model to identify novel molecular targets for treatment of erythroid disorders. ..
- Diosa Toro M, Echavarría Consuegra L, Flipse J, Fernández G, Kluiver J, van den Berg A, et al. MicroRNA profiling of human primary macrophages exposed to dengue virus identifies miRNA-3614-5p as antiviral and regulator of ADAR1 expression. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005981 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, miR-3614-5p, which was upregulated in DENV-negative macrophages, reduced DENV infectivity and regulated ADAR1 expression, a protein that facilitates viral replication. ..
- Ge C, Lu W, Chen A. Quantitative proteomic reveals the dynamic of protein profile during final oocyte maturation in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:657-663 pubmed publisher..These data will provide powerful information for understanding the molecular mechanism underlying zebrafish oocyte maturation, and these proteins may potentially act as markers to predict control oocyte maturation of zebrafish oocytes. ..
- Xu Q, Wang Y, Liu R, Brito L, Kang L, Yu Y, et al. Differential gene expression in the peripheral blood of Chinese Sanhe cattle exposed to severe cold stress. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insights on the potential molecular mechanisms underlying cold-stress response in cattle. ..
- Charlton Perkins M, Sendler E, Buschbeck E, Cook T. Multifunctional glial support by Semper cells in the Drosophila retina. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006782 pubmed publisher..Using cell-restricted transcriptome analysis, here we show that the ommatidial cone cells (aka Semper cells) in the Drosophila compound eye are ..
- Bush S, McCulloch M, Summers K, Hume D, Clark E. Integration of quantitated expression estimates from polyA-selected and rRNA-depleted RNA-seq libraries. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:301 pubmed publisher..either polyA-selection or rRNA-depletion) omit different RNAs, resulting in different fractions of the transcriptome being sequenced...
- Wu M, Chang Y, Lu K, Yang E. Gene expression changes in honey bees induced by sublethal imidacloprid exposure during the larval stage. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;88:12-20 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this study is the first to demonstrate that sublethal doses of imidacloprid affect mrjp expression and likely weaken bee colonies. ..
- Ouwenga R, Lake A, O BRIEN D, Mogha A, Dani A, Dougherty J. Transcriptomic Analysis of Ribosome-Bound mRNA in Cortical Neurites In Vivo. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8688-8705 pubmed publisher..It has been assumed this process occurs in all brain regions, but has never been measured in the cortex. We applied a newly developed method measure to study, for the first time, local translation in cortical neurons. ..
- Toress Collado A, Nazarian R, Jazirehi A. Rescue of cell cycle progression in BRAFV600E inhibitor-resistant human melanoma by a chromatin modifier. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317721620 pubmed publisher..These in vitro results, while require further investigation, may provide rational biological basis for combination therapy in the management of vemurafenib-resistant melanoma...
- Qattan M, Bakker E, Rajendran R, Chen D, Saha V, Liu J, et al. Differential regulation of cell death pathways by the microenvironment correlates with chemoresistance and survival in leukaemia. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178606 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that there is a correlation between microenvironment-induced ALL proliferation and altered response to chemotherapy. ..
- Luo S, Cao N, Tang Y, Gu W. Identification of key microRNAs and genes in preeclampsia by bioinformatics analysis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178549 pubmed publisher..pathway (KEGG) enrichment analyses of the DEGs were performed using Multifaceted Analysis Tool for Human Transcriptome. The up-regulated DEGs were enriched in biological processes (BPs), including the response to cAMP, response ..
- Alvi M, Loughrey M, Dunne P, McQuaid S, Turkington R, Fuchs M, et al. Molecular profiling of signet ring cell colorectal cancer provides a strong rationale for genomic targeted and immune checkpoint inhibitor therapies. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:203-209 pubmed publisher..Using test (n=26) and validation (n=18) cohorts, analysis of mutations, DNA methylation and transcriptome was carried out...
- Martínez Rivera F, Perez Laspiur J, Santiago Gascot M, Alemán Reyes A, García Santiago E, Rodríguez Pérez Y, et al. Differential protein expression profile in the hypothalamic GT1-7 cell line after exposure to anabolic androgenic steroids. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180409 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that steroids have the capacity to directly affect the neuroendocrine system by modulating key cellular processes for the control of reproductive function. ..
- Abdelrahman M, El Sayed M, Sato S, Hirakawa H, Ito S, Tanaka K, et al. RNA-sequencing-based transcriptome and biochemical analyses of steroidal saponin pathway in a complete set of Allium fistulosum-A. cepa monosomic addition lines. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181784 pubmed publisher..An understanding of the saponin compounds and biosynthesis-related genes would facilitate the development of plants with unique saponin content and, subsequently, improved disease resistance. ..
- De Feo D, Merlini A, Brambilla E, Ottoboni L, Laterza C, Menon R, et al. Neural precursor cell-secreted TGF-Î²2 redirects inflammatory monocyte-derived cells in CNS autoimmunity. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3937-3953 pubmed publisher..In vivo and in vitro transcriptome analyses showed that NPC-secreted factors inhibit MC differentiation and activation, favoring the switch ..
- Saito M, Fujiwara Y, Asao T, Honda T, Shimada Y, Kanai Y, et al. The genomic and epigenomic landscape in thymic carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:1084-1091 pubmed publisher..In addition, epigenetic dysregulation as a result of the TET2 mutation was observed in a subset of TCs...
- Neu E, Featherston J, Rees J, Debener T. A draft genome sequence of the rose black spot fungus Diplocarpon rosae reveals a high degree of genome duplication. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185310 pubmed publisher..We present the draft genome sequence of its causative agent Diplocarpon rosae as a working tool to generate molecular markers and to analyze functional and structural characteristics of this fungus...
- Molina Romero C, Rangel Escareño C, Ortega Gómez A, Alanis Funes G, Aviles Salas A, Avila Moreno F, et al. Differential gene expression profiles according to the Association for the Study of Lung Cancer/American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society histopathological classification in lung adenocarcinoma subtypes. Hum Pathol. 2017;66:188-199 pubmed publisher
- Anderson D, Grajales Reyes G, Satpathy A, Vasquez Hueichucura C, Murphy T, Murphy K. Revisiting the specificity of the MHC class?II transactivator CIITA in classical murine dendritic cells in vivo. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47:1317-1323 pubmed publisher..These findings emphasize the caveats needed in interpreting transcription factor binding sites identified by in-vitro reporter analysis, or by ChIP-seq, which may not necessarily indicate their functional activity in vivo. ..
- Chi S, Johansen S. Zoantharian mitochondrial genomes contain unique complex group I introns and highly conserved intergenic regions. Gene. 2017;628:24-31 pubmed publisher..We sequenced the mitochondrial genome and transcriptome of Zoanthus sansibariscus and Palythoa heliodiscus, two zoantharian species (colonial anemones) representing ..
- Oh K, Patel H, Gottschalk R, Lee W, Baek S, Fraser I, et al. Anti-Inflammatory Chromatinscape Suggests Alternative Mechanisms of Glucocorticoid Receptor Action. Immunity. 2017;47:298-309.e5 pubmed publisher..Our investigation using GC treatments with clinically relevant timing highlights mechanisms underlying GR actions for modulating the "inflamed epigenome." ..
- Lynn D, Kolisko M. Molecules illuminate morphology: phylogenomics confirms convergent evolution among 'oligotrichous' ciliates. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:3676-3682 pubmed publisher..To further test this hypothesis of monophyly, we have undertaken a phylogenomic analysis using the transcriptome of H. grandinella cells amplified by a single-cell technique...
- Xiao P, Huang X, Huang L, Yang J, Li A, Shen K, et al. G protein-coupled receptor kinase 4-induced cellular senescence and its senescence-associated gene expression profiling. Exp Cell Res. 2017;360:273-280 pubmed publisher..These results unveil a novel function of GRK4 on triggering a p53-independent cellular senescence, which involves an intricate signaling network. ..
- Zamani Ahmadmahmudi M, Dabiri S, Nadimi N. Identification of pathway-based prognostic gene signatures in patients with multiple myeloma. Transl Res. 2017;185:47-57 pubmed publisher..These signatures were by far the most powerful independent prognostic factors (MYC targets: PÂ =Â 0.009, spliceosome: PÂ =Â 0.024, and metabolism of RNA: PÂ <Â 0.001). ..