Genomes and Genes
Summary: The co-inheritance of two or more non-allelic GENES due to their being located more or less closely on the same CHROMOSOME.
- Chen T, Rotival M, Chiu L, Bagnati M, Ko J, Srivastava P, et al. Identification of Ceruloplasmin as a Gene that Affects Susceptibility to Glomerulonephritis Through Macrophage Function. Genetics. 2017;206:1139-1151 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that genetically determined Cp levels can alter susceptibility to Crgn through macrophage function and propose a new role for Cp in early macrophage activation. ..
- Liu C, Wu J, Wang L, Fan B, Cao Z, Su Q, et al. Quantitative trait locus mapping under irrigated and drought treatments based on a novel genetic linkage map in mungbean (Vigna radiata L.). Theor Appl Genet. 2017;130:2375-2393 pubmed publisherA novel genetic linkage map was constructed using SSR markers and stable QTLs were identified for six drought tolerance related-traits using single-environment analysis under irrigation and drought treatments. Mungbean (Vigna radiata L...
- Scieżyńska A, Ruszkowska E, Szulborski K, Rydz K, Wierzbowska J, Kosińska J, et al. Processing of OPA1 with a novel N-terminal mutation in patients with autosomal dominant optic atrophy: Escape from nonsense-mediated decay. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183866 pubmed publisher..The data emphasizes the importance of analyzing how mutated genes are being processed in the cell. This gives an insight into the molecular mechanism of a genetic disease and promotes development of innovative therapeutic approaches. ..
- Ichihara S, Yamamoto K, Asano H, Nakatochi M, Sukegawa M, Ichihara G, et al. Identification of a glutamic acid repeat polymorphism of ALMS1 as a novel genetic risk marker for early-onset myocardial infarction by genome-wide linkage analysis. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2013;6:569-78 pubmed publisher..The glutamic acid repeat polymorphism of ALMS1 identified in the present study may provide insight into the pathogenesis of early-onset MI. ..
- Resnick M. Genetic control of radiation sensitivity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1969;62:519-31 pubmed
- Takahashi W, Miura Y, Sasaki T, Takamizo T. Identification of a novel major locus for gray leaf spot resistance in Italian ryegrass (Lolium multiflorum Lam.). BMC Plant Biol. 2014;14:303 pubmed publisher..We thus constructed a genetic linkage map of the LG 3 covering 133...
- Zahavi A. Mate selection-a selection for a handicap. J Theor Biol. 1975;53:205-14 pubmed
- McLean P, Kawamata H, Ribich S, Hyman B. Membrane association and protein conformation of alpha-synuclein in intact neurons. Effect of Parkinson's disease-linked mutations. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:8812-6 pubmed
- Bouchard C. The causes of obesity: advances in molecular biology but stagnation on the genetic front. Diabetologia. 1996;39:1532-3 pubmed
- Peake J, McCrossin R, Byrne G, Shepherd R. X-linked immune dysregulation, neonatal insulin dependent diabetes, and intractable diarrhoea. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 1996;74:F195-9 pubmed..They were all from one family, and all of them died. As far as is known this X-linked recessive disorder has not been described before. It is suggested that this is a new immunodeficiency in which type 2 T helper responses predominate. ..
- Pucci A, Picarella M, Mazzucato A. Phenotypic, genetic and molecular characterization of 7B-1, a conditional male-sterile mutant in tomato. Theor Appl Genet. 2017;130:2361-2374 pubmed publisher..Although the lesion underlying the mutant phenotype is still elusive, our results pave the way for the final demonstration that SlGLO2 underlies 7B-1 and further the use of 7B-1 mutant in tomato hybrid seed production schemes. ..
- Bernard C. Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in mice: genetic control of susceptibility. J Immunogenet. 1976;3:263-74 pubmed..It is suggested that resistance to EAE is associated with failure of T cells to recognize and/or respond to the encephalitogenic determinant of the BPM molecule. ..
- Ogunola O, Hawkins L, Mylroie E, Kolomiets M, Borrego E, Tang J, et al. Characterization of the maize lipoxygenase gene family in relation to aflatoxin accumulation resistance. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181265 pubmed publisher..These fell within or near nine of the ZmLOX genes. This work confirms the importance of some lipoxygenases for resistance to aflatoxin accumulation and may be used to direct future genetic selection in maize. ..
- Li B, Fan S, Yu F, Chen Y, Zhang S, Han F, et al. High-resolution mapping of QTL for fatty acid composition in soybean using specific-locus amplified fragment sequencing. Theor Appl Genet. 2017;130:1467-1479 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we constructed a high-density genetic linkage map using 200 recombinant inbred lines derived from a cross between cultivated soybean varieties Luheidou2 ..
- Kulaeva O, Zhernakov A, Afonin A, Boikov S, Sulima A, Tikhonovich I, et al. Pea Marker Database (PMD) - A new online database combining known pea (Pisum sativum L.) gene-based markers. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186713 pubmed publisher..All information contained in PMD1 and PMD2 is available at www.peamarker.arriam.ru. ..
- Abil Z, Ellefson J, Gollihar J, Watkins E, Ellington A. Compartmentalized partnered replication for the directed evolution of genetic parts and circuits. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:2493-2512 pubmed publisher..A single round of CPR should take ?3-5 d, whereas a whole directed evolution can be performed in 3-10 rounds, depending on selection efficiency...
- Sun L, Wang Y, Yan X, Cheng T, Ma K, Yang W, et al. Genetic control of juvenile growth and botanical architecture in an ornamental woody plant, Prunus mume Sieb. et Zucc. as revealed by a high-density linkage map. BMC Genet. 2014;15 Suppl 1:S1 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide unique insights into the genetic control of tree growth and architecture in mei and help to develop an efficient breeding program for selecting superior mei cultivars. ..
- Weber B, Walker D, Muller B. Molecular evidence for non-penetrance in Best's disease. J Med Genet. 1994;31:388-92 pubmed..The clinical examination identified 10 affected and five unaffected persons in this family. Genetic linkage analysis strongly supports linkage of the disease locus to DNA microsatellite markers from proximal 11q...
- Richards F, Webster A, McMahon R, Woodward E, Rose S, Maher E. Molecular genetic analysis of von Hippel-Lindau disease. J Intern Med. 1998;243:527-33 pubmed
- Kaslow R, Carrington M, Apple R, Park L, Munoz A, Saah A, et al. Influence of combinations of human major histocompatibility complex genes on the course of HIV-1 infection. Nat Med. 1996;2:405-11 pubmed..001). These findings support current theory about control of antigen processing by HLA genes and have implications for immunopathogenesis of HIV-1 and other infections. ..
- Goto M, Miller R, Ishikawa Y, Sugano H. Excess of rare cancers in Werner syndrome (adult progeria). Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 1996;5:239-46 pubmed
- Duffy P, Kaslow D. A novel malaria protein, Pfs28, and Pfs25 are genetically linked and synergistic as falciparum malaria transmission-blocking vaccines. Infect Immun. 1997;65:1109-13 pubmed..Pfs28 and Pfs25 are immunogenic, have limited antigenic diversity, and are structurally similar and genetically linked on chromosome 10. Pfs28 may prove a useful addition to Pfs25 in an effective transmission-blocking vaccine. ..
- Ma C, Ma X, Yao L, Liu Y, Du F, Yang X, et al. qRfg3, a novel quantitative resistance locus against Gibberella stalk rot in maize. Theor Appl Genet. 2017;130:1723-1734 pubmed publisher..6%. Both the gene location and recessive genetic mode distinguish qRfg3 from other stalk rot resistance loci. Hence, qRfg3 is valuable as a complement to existing resistance QTLs to improve maize resistance to Gibberella stalk rot. ..
- Poduri A, Heinzen E, Chitsazzadeh V, Lasorsa F, Elhosary P, LaCoursiere C, et al. SLC25A22 is a novel gene for migrating partial seizures in infancy. Ann Neurol. 2013;74:873-82 pubmed publisher..Finally, as SLC25A22 had been implicated in the distinct syndrome of neonatal epilepsy with suppression bursts on electroencephalogram, we have expanded the phenotypic spectrum associated with SLC25A22. ..
- Hu Y, Ren T, Li Z, Tang Y, Ren Z, Yan B. Molecular mapping and genetic analysis of a QTL controlling spike formation rate and tiller number in wheat. Gene. 2017;634:15-21 pubmed publisher..sicau-4D) and tiller number during pre-winter per unit area (QTNW.sicau-4D). The marker Xcfd23 associated with SR may be utilized in marker-assisted selection in wheat breeding. ..
- Yang Z, Xin D, Liu C, Jiang H, Han X, Sun Y, et al. Identification of QTLs for seed and pod traits in soybean and analysis for additive effects and epistatic effects of QTLs among multiple environments. Mol Genet Genomics. 2013;288:651-67 pubmed..A total of 157 polymorphic simple sequence repeat markers were used to construct a genetic linkage map...
- Lin J, Wang D, Lan L, Fan Y. Multiple Factors Involved in the Pathogenesis of White Matter Lesions. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:9372050 pubmed publisher..With the development of gene technology, the effect of genetic factors on the pathogenesis of WMLs is gaining gradual attention. ..
- Sullivan K, Mullen C, Blaese R, Winkelstein J. A multiinstitutional survey of the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome. J Pediatr. 1994;125:876-85 pubmed
- Nishijima R, Iehisa J, Matsuoka Y, Takumi S. The cuticular wax inhibitor locus Iw2 in wild diploid wheat Aegilops tauschii: phenotypic survey, genetic analysis, and implications for the evolution of common wheat. BMC Plant Biol. 2014;14:246 pubmed publisher..tauschii. Our results supported the previous assumption that the D-genome donor of common wheat could have been any Ae. tauschii variant that carried the recessive iw2 allele. ..
- Qian W, Fan G, Liu D, Zhang H, Wang X, Wu J, et al. Construction of a high-density genetic map and the X/Y sex-determining gene mapping in spinach based on large-scale markers developed by specific-locus amplified fragment sequencing (SLAF-seq). BMC Genomics. 2017;18:276 pubmed publisher..It will also provide an efficient reference for studies on the mechanism of sex determination in other dioecious plants. ..
- Dubcovsky J, Dvorak J. Ribosomal RNA multigene loci: nomads of the Triticeae genomes. Genetics. 1995;140:1367-77 pubmed..Implications of these findings for the use of rRNA nucleotide sequences in phylogenetic reconstructions are pointed out. ..
- Khandelwal K, van Bokhoven H, Roscioli T, Carels C, Zhou H. Genomic approaches for studying craniofacial disorders. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2013;163C:218-31 pubmed publisher..Here we review genomic approaches in craniofacial disorders, with the emphasis on orofacial clefts, and discuss the applications, advantages, limitations, challenges, and future perspectives. ..
- Ohmoto M, Ren W, Nishiguchi Y, Hirota J, Jiang P, Matsumoto I. Genetic Lineage Tracing in Taste Tissues Using Sox2-CreERT2 Strain. Chem Senses. 2017;42:547-552 pubmed publisher..Consistently, taste stem cells identified by Lgr5 expression in the circumvallate papillae also express SOX2. Together, taste stem cells distributed in oral epithelia express SOX2. ..
- McConnell M, Fitzpatrick M. 'Foraging' for a place to lay eggs: A genetic link between foraging behaviour and oviposition preferences. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179362 pubmed publisher..We confirm the role of for by inducing rover-like oviposition preferences in a sitter fly using the transgenic overexpression of for-mRNA in the nervous system. ..
- Gordon J, Ruddle F. Integration and stable germ line transmission of genes injected into mouse pronuclei. Science. 1981;214:1244-6 pubmed..The evidence presented indicates the covalent association of injected DNA with host sequences, and transmission of such linked sequences in a Mendelian distribution to two succeeding generations of progeny. ..
- Blackwood D, St Clair D, Muir W, Duffy J. Auditory P300 and eye tracking dysfunction in schizophrenic pedigrees. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1991;48:899-909 pubmed..By helping to decide the phenotypic status of nonschizophrenic family members, this should increase the power of DNA linkage studies. ..
- Wang P, Wang H, Liu Q, Tian X, Shi Y, Zhang X. QTL mapping of selenium content using a RIL population in wheat. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184351 pubmed publisher..2, located between marker loci D-3033829 and D-1668160, had the highest contribution (20.22%). This study helps in understanding the genetic basis for Se contents and will provide a basis for gene mapping of Se content in wheat. ..
- El Lithy M, Bentsink L, Hanhart C, Ruys G, Rovito D, Broekhof J, et al. New Arabidopsis recombinant inbred line populations genotyped using SNPWave and their use for mapping flowering-time quantitative trait loci. Genetics. 2006;172:1867-76 pubmed..The comparison of the QTL positions related to the physical map allowed the estimate of 12 different QTL segregating for flowering time for which Ler has an allele different from one, two, or three of the other accessions. ..
- Yu L, Lutz M, Wilson R, Burns D, Roses A, Saunders A, et al. APOE ?4-TOMM40 '523 haplotypes and the risk of Alzheimer's disease in older Caucasian and African Americans. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180356 pubmed publisher..Further, both genotypic and allelic data support that among African Americans the ?4-'523-L haplotype had stronger effect on risk of AD dementia than other ?4-'523 haplotypes. ..
- Zhang X, Fan Y, Shabala S, Koutoulis A, Shabala L, Johnson P, et al. A new major-effect QTL for waterlogging tolerance in wild barley (H. spontaneum). Theor Appl Genet. 2017;130:1559-1568 pubmed publisher..The QTL explained 76.8% of phenotypic variance in aerenchyma formation with a LOD value of 51.4. Markers co-segregating with the trait were identified and can be effectively used in marker assisted selection. ..
- Bauer E, Falque M, Walter H, Bauland C, Camisan C, Campo L, et al. Intraspecific variation of recombination rate in maize. Genome Biol. 2013;14:R103 pubmed..Our methodology should pave the way for precise identification of genes controlling recombination rates in maize and other organisms. ..
- Ho W, Chai H, Kendabie P, Ahmad N, Jani J, Massawe F, et al. Integrating genetic maps in bambara groundnut [Vigna subterranea (L) Verdc.] and their syntenic relationships among closely related legumes. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:192 pubmed publisher..Such minor crops will be required to play an important role in future agriculture under the effects of climate change. ..
- Romero Navarro J, Willcox M, Burgueño J, Romay C, Swarts K, Trachsel S, et al. A study of allelic diversity underlying flowering-time adaptation in maize landraces. Nat Genet. 2017;49:476-480 pubmed publisher..varieties) of domesticated species preserve useful genetic variation, yet they remain untapped due to the genetic linkage between the few useful alleles and hundreds of undesirable alleles...
- Wu K, Liu H, Yang M, Tao Y, Ma H, Wu W, et al. High-density genetic map construction and QTLs analysis of grain yield-related traits in sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) based on RAD-Seq techonology. BMC Plant Biol. 2014;14:274 pubmed publisher..Results of this study solidified the basis for studying important agricultural traits and implementing marker-assisted selection (MAS) toward genetic improvement in sesame. ..
- Bigorgne A, Farin H, Lemoine R, Mahlaoui N, Lambert N, Gil M, et al. TTC7A mutations disrupt intestinal epithelial apicobasal polarity. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:328-37 pubmed