Genomes and Genes
recombinational dna repair
Summary: Repair of DNA DAMAGE by exchange of DNA between matching sequences, usually between the allelic DNA (ALLELES) of sister chromatids.
- Talens F, Jalving M, Gietema J, Van Vugt M. Therapeutic targeting and patient selection for cancers with homologous recombination defects. Expert Opin Drug Discov. 2017;12:565-581 pubmed publisher..Ideally, selection of eligible patients for PARP inhibitor treatment include a functional HR read-out, in which cancer cells are interrogated for their ability to perform HR repair and maintain replication fork stability. ..
- Feeney L, Munoz I, Lachaud C, Toth R, Appleton P, Schindler D, et al. RPA-Mediated Recruitment of the E3 Ligase RFWD3 Is Vital for Interstrand Crosslink Repair and Human Health. Mol Cell. 2017;66:610-621.e4 pubmed publisher..We also report that unloading of RPA from sites of ICL induction is perturbed in RFWD3-deficient cells. These data reveal important roles for RFWD3 localization in protecting genome stability and preserving human health. ..
- Gándara C, de Lucena D, Torres R, Serrano E, Altenburger S, Graumann P, et al. Activity and in vivo dynamics of Bacillus subtilis DisA are affected by RadA/Sms and by Holliday junction-processing proteins. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;55:17-30 pubmed publisher..RadA/Sms may be involved in modulating DisA activities. ..
- Kshirsagar R, Ghodke I, Muniyappa K. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Red1 protein exhibits nonhomologous DNA end-joining activity and potentiates Hop1-promoted pairing of double-stranded DNA. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13853-13866 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study presents the first direct insights into Red1's mode of action and into the mechanism underlying its role in chromosome synapsis and recombination. ..
- Tian Y, Liu G, Wang H, Tian Z, Cai Z, Zhang F, et al. Valproic acid sensitizes breast cancer cells to hydroxyurea through inhibiting RPA2 hyperphosphorylation-mediated DNA repair pathway. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;58:1-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data demonstrated that VPA and HU synergistically suppressed tumor cells via disturbing RPA2-p-mediated DNA repair pathway, which provides a new way for combining chemotherapeutic drugs to sensitize breast cancer cells. ..
- Myler L, Gallardo I, Soniat M, Deshpande R, Gonzalez X, Kim Y, et al. Single-Molecule Imaging Reveals How Mre11-Rad50-Nbs1 Initiates DNA Break Repair. Mol Cell. 2017;67:891-898.e4 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a mechanism for how MRN promotes homologous recombination on nucleosome-coated DNA. ..
- Sánchez A, Gadaleta M, Limbo O, Russell P. Lingering single-strand breaks trigger Rad51-independent homology-directed repair of collapsed replication forks in the polynucleotide kinase/phosphatase mutant of fission yeast. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007013 pubmed publisher..From these data, we propose models for HDR-mediated tolerance of persistent SSBs with 3' phosphate in pnk1? cells. ..
- Zhang F, Tang H, Jiang Y, Mao Z. The transcription factor GATA3 is required for homologous recombination repair by regulating CtIP expression. Oncogene. 2017;36:5168-5176 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data delineates the regulatory mechanisms of GATA3 in DNA DSB repair and strongly suggests that it might act as a tumor suppressor by promoting CtIP expression and HR to stabilize genomes. ..
- Srivastava S, Dahal S, Naidu S, Anand D, Gopalakrishnan V, Kooloth Valappil R, et al. DNA double-strand break repair in Penaeus monodon is predominantly dependent on homologous recombination. DNA Res. 2017;24:117-128 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, unlike HR, MMEJ was predominant at lower temperatures. Therefore, the results suggest that, while HR is major DSB repair pathway in shrimp, MMEJ also plays a role in ensuring the continuity and stability of the genome. ..
- Sivanand S, Rhoades S, Jiang Q, Lee J, Benci J, Zhang J, et al. Nuclear Acetyl-CoA Production by ACLY Promotes Homologous Recombination. Mol Cell. 2017;67:252-265.e6 pubmed publisher..Upon PARP inhibition, ACLY silencing promotes genomic instability and cell death. Thus, the spatial and temporal control of acetyl-CoA production by ACLY participates in the mechanism of DNA repair pathway choice. ..
- Nishiyama J, Mikuni T, Yasuda R. Virus-Mediated Genome Editing via Homology-Directed Repair in Mitotic and Postmitotic Cells in Mammalian Brain. Neuron. 2017;96:755-768.e5 pubmed publisher..Thus, AAV- and CRISPR-Cas9-mediated HDR will be broadly useful for precise genome editing in basic and translational neuroscience. ..
- Gachechiladze M, Skarda J, Soltermann A, Joerger M. RAD51 as a potential surrogate marker for DNA repair capacity in solid malignancies. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1286-1294 pubmed publisher..This review gives a comprehensive overview on the current knowledge about the prognostic and predictive value of RAD51 protein expression and genetic variability in patients with solid malignancies...
- Gong F, Clouaire T, Aguirrebengoa M, Legube G, Miller K. Histone demethylase KDM5A regulates the ZMYND8-NuRD chromatin remodeler to promote DNA repair. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1959-1974 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study identifies a crucial function for KDM5A in demethylating H3K4 to allow ZMYND8-NuRD to operate within damaged chromatin to repair DSBs. ..
- Inano S, Sato K, Katsuki Y, Kobayashi W, Tanaka H, Nakajima K, et al. RFWD3-Mediated Ubiquitination Promotes Timely Removal of Both RPA and RAD51 from DNA Damage Sites to Facilitate Homologous Recombination. Mol Cell. 2017;66:622-634.e8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal a mechanism that facilitates timely removal of RPA and RAD51 from DNA damage sites, which is crucial for progression to the late-phase HR and suppression of the FA phenotype. ..
- Wardell K, Haldenby S, Jones N, Liddell S, Ngo G, Allers T. RadB acts in homologous recombination in the archaeon Haloferax volcanii, consistent with a role as recombination mediator. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;55:7-16 pubmed publisher..Analysis of these point mutations leads us to propose that the role of RadB is to act as a recombination mediator, which it does by inducing a conformational change in RadA and thereby promoting its polymerisation on DNA. ..
- de Castro R, Previato L, Goitea V, Felberg A, Guiraldelli M, Filiberti A, et al. The chromatin-remodeling subunit Baf200 promotes homology-directed DNA repair and regulates distinct chromatin-remodeling complexes. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:8459-8471 pubmed publisher..This distinction of PBAF complexes based on their unique composition provides the foundation for future studies on the specific contributions of the PBAF forms to the regulation of DNA repair. ..
- Danilowicz C, Hermans L, COLJEE V, Prevost C, Prentiss M. ATP hydrolysis provides functions that promote rejection of pairings between different copies of long repeated sequences. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8448-8462 pubmed publisher..These results inspired a model that shows how pairings between long repeated sequences could be efficiently rejected even though most homologous pairings form irreversible products. ..
- Torres R, Romero H, Rodriguez Cerrato V, Alonso J. Interplay between Bacillus subtilis RecD2 and the RecG or RuvAB helicase in recombinational repair. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;55:40-46 pubmed publisher..We propose that there is a trade-off for efficient genome duplication, and that recombinational DNA helicases directly or indirectly provide the cell with the means to tolerate chromosome segregation failures. ..
- Nath S, Somyajit K, Mishra A, Scully R, Nagaraju G. FANCJ helicase controls the balance between short- and long-tract gene conversions between sister chromatids. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8886-8900 pubmed publisher..These data unravel the novel function of FANCJ helicase in regulating SCR and SCR associated gene amplification/duplications and imply that these functions of FANCJ are crucial for the genome maintenance and tumor suppression. ..
- Kowalczykowski S. An Overview of the Molecular Mechanisms of Recombinational DNA Repair. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2015;7: pubmed publisherb>Recombinational DNA repair is a universal aspect of DNA metabolism and is essential for genomic integrity...
- de Souza N. Primer: genome editing with engineered nucleases. Nat Methods. 2012;9:27 pubmed
- Agathanggelou A, Smith E, Davies N, Kwok M, Zlatanou A, Oldreive C, et al. USP7 inhibition alters homologous recombination repair and targets CLL cells independently of ATM/p53 functional status. Blood. 2017;130:156-166 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify USP7 as a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of hematological malignancies with DDR defects, where ATM/p53-dependent apoptosis is compromised. ..
- Graf M, Bonetti D, Lockhart A, Serhal K, Kellner V, Maicher A, et al. Telomere Length Determines TERRA and R-Loop Regulation through the Cell Cycle. Cell. 2017;170:72-85.e14 pubmed publisher..Thus, the telomere length-dependent regulation of TERRA and TERRA R-loops is a critical determinant of the rate of replicative senescence. ..
- Laureti L, Lee L, Philippin G, Pages V. A non-catalytic role of RecBCD in homology directed gap repair and translesion synthesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:5877-5886 pubmed publisher..Since none of the catalytic functions of RecBCD are required for those processes, we surmise that the complex acts as a structural element that stabilizes the blocked replication fork, allowing efficient DNA damage tolerance. ..