Genomes and Genes
Summary: Interruptions in the sugar-phosphate backbone of DNA.
- Taglialatela A, Alvarez S, Leuzzi G, Sannino V, Ranjha L, Huang J, et al. Restoration of Replication Fork Stability in BRCA1- and BRCA2-Deficient Cells by Inactivation of SNF2-Family Fork Remodelers. Mol Cell. 2017;68:414-430.e8 pubmed publisher..stalled forks, restores replication fork stability and reduces the formation of replication stress-induced DNA breaks and chromosomal aberrations in BRCA1/2-deficient cells...
- Śladowska K, Opydo Chanek M, Król T, Trybus W, Trybus E, Kopacz Bednarska A, et al. In Vitro Effects of Bromoalkyl Phenytoin Derivatives on Regulated Death, Cell Cycle and Ultrastructure of Leukemia Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6373-6380 pubmed
- Utani K, Fu H, Jang S, Marks A, Smith O, Zhang Y, et al. Phosphorylated SIRT1 associates with replication origins to prevent excess replication initiation and preserve genomic stability. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7807-7824 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that SIRT1 phosphorylation modulates the distribution of replication initiation events to insure genomic stability. ..
- Kellner S, DeMott M, Cheng C, Russell B, Cao B, You D, et al. Oxidation of phosphorothioate DNA modifications leads to lethal genomic instability. Nat Chem Biol. 2017;13:888-894 pubmed publisher..The genotoxicity of HOCl in PT-containing bacteria suggests reduced fitness in competition with HOCl-producing organisms and during infections in humans. ..
- Singh G, Da Ines O, Gallego M, White C. Analysis of the impact of the absence of RAD51 strand exchange activity in Arabidopsis meiosis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183006 pubmed publisher..has however shown that in the absence of RAD51 strand-exchange activity, DMC1 is able to repair all meiotic DNA breaks and surprisingly, that this does not appear to affect numbers of meiotic cross-overs...
- Tiwari A, Addis Jones O, Chan K. 53BP1 can limit sister-chromatid rupture and rearrangements driven by a distinct ultrafine DNA bridging-breakage process. Nat Commun. 2018;9:677 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study reveals a hitherto unreported chromatid damage phenomenon mediated by sister DNA intertwinements that may help to explain the development of complex karyotypes in tumour cells. ..