Genomes and Genes
m phase cell cycle checkpoints
Summary: The cellular signaling system that halts the progression of cells through MITOSIS or MEIOSIS if a defect that will affect CHROMOSOME SEGREGATION is detected.
- Lee J, Kim K, Heo J, Cho D, Kim H, Han S, et al. Protective effect of Arthrospira platensis extracts against ultraviolet B-induced cellular senescence through inhibition of DNA damage and matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression in human dermal fibroblasts. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:196-203 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we concluded that the microalgae extract can be a potential anti-photoaging agent. ..
- Lu Y, Dai X, Zhang M, Miao Y, Zhou C, Cui Z, et al. Cohesin acetyltransferase Esco2 regulates SAC and kinetochore functions via maintaining H4K16 acetylation during mouse oocyte meiosis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9388-9397 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data assign a novel meiotic function to Esco2 beyond its role in the cohesion establishment during mouse oocyte meiosis. ..
- Shankaraiah N, Nekkanti S, Brahma U, Praveen Kumar N, Deshpande N, Prasanna D, et al. Synthesis of different heterocycles-linked chalcone conjugates as cytotoxic agents and tubulin polymerization inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4805-4816 pubmed publisher..In addition, molecular docking studies of the most active compounds 4a and 4b into the colchicine site of the tubulin, revealed the possible mode of interaction by these new conjugates. ..
- Schmitt F, Gold M, Begemann G, Andronache I, Biersack B, Schobert R. Fluoro and pentafluorothio analogs of the antitumoral curcuminoid EF24 with superior antiangiogenic and vascular-disruptive effects. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4894-4903 pubmed publisher..Moreover, 3c and 3d showed potential as vascular-disruptive agents in chorioallantoic/vitelline membrane (CA/VM) assays. ..
- Tao Y, Yang G, Yang H, Song D, Hu L, Xie B, et al. TRIP13 impairs mitotic checkpoint surveillance and is associated with poor prognosis in multiple myeloma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:26718-26731 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that TRIP13 may serve as a biomarker for MM disease development and prognosis, making it a potential target for future therapies. ..
- Pruikkonen S, Kallio M. Excess of a Rassf1-targeting microRNA, miR-193a-3p, perturbs cell division fidelity. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1451-1461 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that besides epigenetic regulation, altered expression of specific miRNAs may contribute to the loss of Rassf1 in cancer cells and cause cell division errors. ..
- Faisal I, Kauppi L. Reduced MAD2 levels dampen the apoptotic response to non-exchange sex chromosomes and lead to sperm aneuploidy. Development. 2017;144:1988-1996 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that SAC protein levels are crucial for the efficient elimination of aberrant spermatocytes. ..
- Kuhn J, Dumont S. Spindle assembly checkpoint satisfaction occurs via end-on but not lateral attachments under tension. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1533-1542 pubmed publisher..Instead, Mad1 loss begins after several end-on microtubules attach. Thus, end-on attachment provides geometry-specific molecular cues or force on specific kinetochore linkages that other attachment geometries cannot provide. ..
- Lane S, Morgan S, Wu T, Collins J, Merriman J, Elinati E, et al. DNA damage induces a kinetochore-based ATM/ATR-independent SAC arrest unique to the first meiotic division in mouse oocytes. Development. 2017;144:3475-3486 pubmed publisher..Therefore, mouse oocytes have a unique ability to sense DNA damage rapidly by activating the checkpoint at their kinetochores. ..
- Yost S, de Wolf B, Hanks S, Zachariou A, Marcozzi C, Clarke M, et al. Biallelic TRIP13 mutations predispose to Wilms tumor and chromosome missegregation. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1148-1151 pubmed publisher..These data provide insights into the complex relationships between aneuploidy and carcinogenesis. ..
- Wang D, Tian Y, Feng W, Zhao L, Zhao M, Liu J, et al. Pseudolaric acid B induces endometrial cancer Ishikawa cell apoptosis and inhibits metastasis through AKT-GSK-3Î² and ERK1/2 signaling pathways. Anticancer Drugs. 2017;28:603-612 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicated that PAB can be expected to be a novel treatment agent for endometrial cancer therapy. ..
- Maciejowski J, Drechsler H, Grundner Culemann K, Ballister E, Rodriguez Rodriguez J, Rodriguez Bravo V, et al. Mps1 Regulates Kinetochore-Microtubule Attachment Stability via the Ska Complex to Ensure Error-Free Chromosome Segregation. Dev Cell. 2017;41:143-156.e6 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal how Mps1 dynamically modifies kinetochores to correct improper attachments and ensure faithful chromosome segregation. ..
- Majellaro M, Stefanachi A, Tardia P, Vicenti C, Boccarelli A, Pannunzio A, et al. Investigating Structural Requirements for the Antiproliferative Activity of Biphenyl Nicotinamides. ChemMedChem. 2017;12:1380-1389 pubmed publisher..Relative to vinblastine, a well-known potent antimitotic agent, compound 36 also induced G1 -phase arrest at low doses (20-40â€…nm), but did not inhibit inâ€…vitro tubulin polymerization. ..
- Etti I, Abdullah R, Kadir A, Hashim N, Yeap S, Imam M, et al. The molecular mechanism of the anticancer effect of Artonin E in MDA-MB 231 triple negative breast cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182357 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, livin, a new member of the inhibitors of apoptosis was confirmed to be significantly repressed. In all, Artonin E showed the potential as a promising candidate to combat the aggressive triple negative breast cancer. ..
- Ibrahim B. A Mathematical Framework for Kinetochore-Driven Activation Feedback in the Mitotic Checkpoint. Bull Math Biol. 2017;79:1183-1200 pubmed publisher..The presented analysis allows for systems-level understanding of mitotic control, and the minimal new model can function as a basis for developing further quantitative-integrative models of the cell division cycle. ..
- Li Y, Cui Y, Wang W, Ma M, Li M, Chen S. Effect of the Serum Inhibited Gene (Si1) on Autophagy and Apoptosis in MCF-7 Breast Cancer Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2268-2278 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it also improves the current understanding of the mechanisms related to the effect of Si1 on tumor cells and also provides a foundation for gene-targeted therapy. ..
- Varadkar P, Abbasi F, Takeda K, Dyson J, McCright B. PP2A-B56Î³ is required for an efficient spindle assembly checkpoint. Cell Cycle. 2017;16:1210-1219 pubmed publisher..We also provide data that show the intracellular locations of the B56 subunits varies between family members, which is consistent with the hypothesis that they are not completely functionally redundant. ..
- Shen Y, Liu H, Sun L, Niu X, Kuang X, Wang P, et al. Response gene to complement 32 regulates the G2/M phase checkpoint during renal tubular epithelial cell repair. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2016;21:19 pubmed publisher..However, the exact mechanism needs to be further elucidated. ..
- Lee E, An Y, Kwon J, Kim K, Jeon R. Optimization and biological evaluation of 2-aminobenzothiazole derivatives as Aurora B kinase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:3614-3622 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the reported compounds have the potential to be further developed as anticancer therapeutics. ..
- Zhang J, Jiang Y, Zhao Y, Wang W, Xie Y, Wang H, et al. Downregulation of tyrosine threonine kinase inhibits tumor growth via G2/M arrest in human endometrioid endometrial adenocarcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317712444 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that tyrosine threonine kinase can be a potential therapeutic target for endometrial endometrioid carcinoma treatment. ..
- Huang X, Huang R, Gou S, Wang Z, Liao Z, Wang H. Platinum(IV) complexes conjugated with phenstatin analogue as inhibitors of microtubule polymerization and reverser of multidrug resistance. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4686-4700 pubmed publisher..Moreover, complex 10 effectively inhibited the tumor growth in the NCI-H460 xenograft model. ..
- Kritsch D, Hoffmann F, Steinbach D, Jansen L, Mary Photini S, Gajda M, et al. Tribbles 2 mediates cisplatin sensitivity and DNA damage response in epithelial ovarian cancer. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1600-1614 pubmed publisher..05). Tumors from resistant patients expressed the lowest levels of TRIB2. Downregulation of TRIB2 contributes to platin-resistance and TRIB2 expression should be validated as prognostic and predictive marker for EOC. ..
- Yang Y, Gao Y, Mutter Rottmayer L, Zlatanou A, Durando M, Ding W, et al. DNA repair factor RAD18 and DNA polymerase PolÎº confer tolerance of oncogenic DNA replication stress. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3097-3115 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results show that the RAD18-PolÎº signaling axis allows tolerance of CDK2-mediated oncogenic stress and may allow neoplastic cells to breach tumorigenic barriers. ..
- Aida S, Hozumi M, Ichikawa D, Iida K, Yonemura Y, Tabata N, et al. A novel phenylphthalimide derivative, pegylated TC11, improves pharmacokinetic properties and induces apoptosis of high-risk myeloma cells via G2/M cell-cycle arrest. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:514-520 pubmed publisher..TC11 and its derivatives did not bind to cereblon (CRBN), which is a responsible molecule for thalidomide-induced teratogenicity. These results suggest that PEG(E)-TC11 is a good candidate drug for treating high-risk MM. ..