Genomes and Genes
m phase cell cycle checkpoints
Summary: The cellular signaling system that halts the progression of cells through MITOSIS or MEIOSIS if a defect that will affect CHROMOSOME SEGREGATION is detected.
- Yost S, de Wolf B, Hanks S, Zachariou A, Marcozzi C, Clarke M, et al. Biallelic TRIP13 mutations predispose to Wilms tumor and chromosome missegregation. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1148-1151 pubmed publisher..These data provide insights into the complex relationships between aneuploidy and carcinogenesis. ..
- Wang D, Tian Y, Feng W, Zhao L, Zhao M, Liu J, et al. Pseudolaric acid B induces endometrial cancer Ishikawa cell apoptosis and inhibits metastasis through AKT-GSK-3Î² and ERK1/2 signaling pathways. Anticancer Drugs. 2017;28:603-612 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicated that PAB can be expected to be a novel treatment agent for endometrial cancer therapy. ..
- Maciejowski J, Drechsler H, Grundner Culemann K, Ballister E, Rodriguez Rodriguez J, Rodriguez Bravo V, et al. Mps1 Regulates Kinetochore-Microtubule Attachment Stability via the Ska Complex to Ensure Error-Free Chromosome Segregation. Dev Cell. 2017;41:143-156.e6 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal how Mps1 dynamically modifies kinetochores to correct improper attachments and ensure faithful chromosome segregation. ..
- Majellaro M, Stefanachi A, Tardia P, Vicenti C, Boccarelli A, Pannunzio A, et al. Investigating Structural Requirements for the Antiproliferative Activity of Biphenyl Nicotinamides. ChemMedChem. 2017;12:1380-1389 pubmed publisher..Relative to vinblastine, a well-known potent antimitotic agent, compound 36 also induced G1 -phase arrest at low doses (20-40â€…nm), but did not inhibit inâ€…vitro tubulin polymerization. ..
- Etti I, Abdullah R, Kadir A, Hashim N, Yeap S, Imam M, et al. The molecular mechanism of the anticancer effect of Artonin E in MDA-MB 231 triple negative breast cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182357 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, livin, a new member of the inhibitors of apoptosis was confirmed to be significantly repressed. In all, Artonin E showed the potential as a promising candidate to combat the aggressive triple negative breast cancer. ..
- Ibrahim B. A Mathematical Framework for Kinetochore-Driven Activation Feedback in the Mitotic Checkpoint. Bull Math Biol. 2017;79:1183-1200 pubmed publisher..The presented analysis allows for systems-level understanding of mitotic control, and the minimal new model can function as a basis for developing further quantitative-integrative models of the cell division cycle. ..
- Li Y, Cui Y, Wang W, Ma M, Li M, Chen S. Effect of the Serum Inhibited Gene (Si1) on Autophagy and Apoptosis in MCF-7 Breast Cancer Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2268-2278 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it also improves the current understanding of the mechanisms related to the effect of Si1 on tumor cells and also provides a foundation for gene-targeted therapy. ..
- Varadkar P, Abbasi F, Takeda K, Dyson J, McCright B. PP2A-B56? is required for an efficient spindle assembly checkpoint. Cell Cycle. 2017;16:1210-1219 pubmed publisher..We also provide data that show the intracellular locations of the B56 subunits varies between family members, which is consistent with the hypothesis that they are not completely functionally redundant. ..
- Shen Y, Liu H, Sun L, Niu X, Kuang X, Wang P, et al. Response gene to complement 32 regulates the G2/M phase checkpoint during renal tubular epithelial cell repair. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2016;21:19 pubmed publisher..However, the exact mechanism needs to be further elucidated. ..
- Lee E, An Y, Kwon J, Kim K, Jeon R. Optimization and biological evaluation of 2-aminobenzothiazole derivatives as Aurora B kinase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:3614-3622 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the reported compounds have the potential to be further developed as anticancer therapeutics. ..
- Zhang J, Jiang Y, Zhao Y, Wang W, Xie Y, Wang H, et al. Downregulation of tyrosine threonine kinase inhibits tumor growth via G2/M arrest in human endometrioid endometrial adenocarcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317712444 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that tyrosine threonine kinase can be a potential therapeutic target for endometrial endometrioid carcinoma treatment. ..
- Huang X, Huang R, Gou S, Wang Z, Liao Z, Wang H. Platinum(IV) complexes conjugated with phenstatin analogue as inhibitors of microtubule polymerization and reverser of multidrug resistance. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4686-4700 pubmed publisher..Moreover, complex 10 effectively inhibited the tumor growth in the NCI-H460 xenograft model. ..
- Kritsch D, Hoffmann F, Steinbach D, Jansen L, Mary Photini S, Gajda M, et al. Tribbles 2 mediates cisplatin sensitivity and DNA damage response in epithelial ovarian cancer. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1600-1614 pubmed publisher..05). Tumors from resistant patients expressed the lowest levels of TRIB2. Downregulation of TRIB2 contributes to platin-resistance and TRIB2 expression should be validated as prognostic and predictive marker for EOC. ..
- Yang Y, Gao Y, Mutter Rottmayer L, Zlatanou A, Durando M, Ding W, et al. DNA repair factor RAD18 and DNA polymerase PolÎº confer tolerance of oncogenic DNA replication stress. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3097-3115 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results show that the RAD18-PolÎº signaling axis allows tolerance of CDK2-mediated oncogenic stress and may allow neoplastic cells to breach tumorigenic barriers. ..
- Aida S, Hozumi M, Ichikawa D, Iida K, Yonemura Y, Tabata N, et al. A novel phenylphthalimide derivative, pegylated TC11, improves pharmacokinetic properties and induces apoptosis of high-risk myeloma cells via G2/M cell-cycle arrest. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:514-520 pubmed publisher..TC11 and its derivatives did not bind to cereblon (CRBN), which is a responsible molecule for thalidomide-induced teratogenicity. These results suggest that PEG(E)-TC11 is a good candidate drug for treating high-risk MM. ..