urinary bladder neck obstruction
Summary: Blocked urine flow through the bladder neck, the narrow internal urethral opening at the base of the URINARY BLADDER. Narrowing or strictures of the URETHRA can be congenital or acquired. It is often observed in males with enlarged PROSTATE glands.
- van Mastrigt R, Pel J. Towards a noninvasive urodynamic diagnosis of infravesical obstruction. BJU Int. 1999;84:195-203 pubmed
- Hinman F, Baumann F. Complications of vesicoureteral operations from incoordination of micturition. J Urol. 1976;116:638-43 pubmed
- Rademakers K, Drake M, Gammie A, Djurhuus J, Rosier P, Abrams P, et al. Male bladder outlet obstruction: Time to re-evaluate the definition and reconsider our diagnostic pathway? ICI-RS 2015. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:894-901 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the think tank suggests further research with regard to these alternative indicators to determine their clinical utility. ..
- Netto Júnior N, D Ancona C, de Lima M. Correlation between the International Prostatic Symptom Score and a pressure-flow study in the evaluation of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Urol. 1996;155:200-2 pubmed..91. When the total I-PSS is greater than 28 or the obstructive symptom score is greater than 15, a pressure-flow study must be avoided. ..
- Abrams P, Griffiths D. The assessment of prostatic obstruction from urodynamic measurements and from residual urine. Br J Urol. 1979;51:129-34 pubmed..Residual urine is a sign of an abnormality of bladder function rather than the direct result of urethral obstruction. ..
- Gosling J. Modification of bladder structure in response to outflow obstruction and ageing. Eur Urol. 1997;32 Suppl 1:9-14 pubmed..As the morphology of the obstructed bladder differs from that of the ageing bladder, it is unlikely that the changes seen in the obstructed bladder simply reflect a function of age. ..
- Holm N, Horn T, Hald T. Detrusor in ageing and obstruction. Scand J Urol Nephrol. 1995;29:45-9 pubmed..Our results give rise to the question whether "prostatism" is related to obstruction per se or to ageing or both. ..
- Sugiyama R, Aizawa N, Ito H, Fujimura T, Suzuki M, Nakagawa T, et al. Synergic Suppressive Effect of Silodosin and Imidafenacin on Non-Voiding Bladder Contractions in Male Rats with Subacute Bladder Outlet Obstruction. Low Urin Tract Symptoms. 2017;9:94-101 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate a suppressive effect of silodosin or imidafenacin alone and a synergic effect of the combination of these two drugs on NVCs in a subacute BOO model of male rats. ..
- Walter J, Andros G, Stokes S, Wheeler J, Damaser M, Sacks J, et al. Urodynamic verification of noninvasive back-pressure recordings from the urinary bladder. Tech Urol. 1998;4:185-91 pubmed..Thus, the modifications have improved back-pressure recording techniques. The use of noninvasive back-pressure recording may be an important adjunct in the evaluation of obstructive uropathy. ..
- Schafer W. Analysis of bladder-outlet function with the linearized passive urethral resistance relation, linPURR, and a disease-specific approach for grading obstruction: from complex to simple. World J Urol. 1995;13:47-58 pubmed
- Majima T, Yamamoto T, Funahashi Y, Takai S, Matsukawa Y, Yoshida M, et al. Effect of Naftopidil on Bladder Microcirculation in a Rat Model of Bladder Outlet Obstruction. Low Urin Tract Symptoms. 2017;9:111-116 pubmed publisher..Naftopidil improved bladder overactivity as well as the impaired bladder blood flow.caused by bladder-outlet-obstruction. ..
- Krivoborodov G, Efremov N, Bolotov A. [Intravesical prostatic protrusion in diagnosing infravesical obstruction in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia]. Urologiia. 2017;:105-109 pubmed..The initial findings on the relationship between IPP and IVO suggest the feasibility of its clinical use as a screening tool in men with obstructive voiding symptoms. ..
- Lucarotti M, Feneley R, Abrams P. A urine flow clinic. Bristol Med Chir J. 1988;103:17-9 pubmed