urinary bladder diseases
Summary: Pathological processes of the URINARY BLADDER.
- Sarshar S, Brandt S, Asadi Karam M, Habibi M, Bouzari S, Lechtenberg M, et al. Aqueous extract from Orthosiphon stamineus leaves prevents bladder and kidney infection in mice. Phytomedicine. 2017;28:1-9 pubmed publisher..OWE inhibited in a concentration-dependent manner bacterial quorum sensing. OWE is assessed as a strong antiadhesive plant extract for which the traditional use in phytotherapy for UTI might be justified. ..
- Issenman R, Filmer R, Gorski P. A review of bowel and bladder control development in children: how gastrointestinal and urologic conditions relate to problems in toilet training. Pediatrics. 1999;103:1346-52 pubmed
- Vahabi B, Wagg A, Rosier P, Rademakers K, Denys M, Pontari M, et al. Can we define and characterize the aging lower urinary tract?-ICI-RS 2015. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:854-858 pubmed publisher..Neurourol. Urodynam. 36:854-858, 2017. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Komyakov B, Novikov A, Ochelenko V, Guliev B, Al Attar T, Onoshko M. [Technical features of intestinal ureteroplasty. art 6: simultaneous ureteral and bladder substitution]. Urologiia. 2017;:12-15 pubmed..At the first stage, cystectomy with cutaneous ureterostomy should be performed, and then, after the patients stabilization ileal substitution of the bladder and pelvic parts of ureters may be done. ..
- Sockett D, Knight A, Fettman M, Kiehl A, Smith J, Arnold S. Metabolic changes due to experimentally induced rupture of the bovine urinary bladder. Cornell Vet. 1986;76:198-212 pubmed..The ratio between serum and peritoneal fluid creatinine concentrations appears to be valuable for the clinical diagnosis of ruptured urinary bladders in steers. ..
- Greenwood D, Slack R. The antibacterial activity of hexamine (methenamine), hexamine hippurate and hexamine mandelate. Infection. 1981;9:223-7 pubmed..No systematic difference was found in the activity of the three hexamine compounds, but a similar effect was achieved by a very much lower concentration of ampicillin...
- Melekos M, Asbach H, Barbalias G. Vesical diverticula: etiology, diagnosis, tumorigenesis, and treatment. Analysis of 74 cases. Urology. 1987;30:453-7 pubmed..Early diagnosis with additional visualization of the interior of vesical diverticulum is mandatory, since carcinoma arising in it has a poor prognosis...
- Smith J, Divers T, Lamp T. Ruptured urinary bladder in a post-parturient cow. Cornell Vet. 1983;73:3-12 pubmed..A ventral tear in the urinary bladder was successfully repaired by laparotomy. ..
- Yanishi M, Kinoshita H, Koito Y, Taniguchi H, Mishima T, Yasuda K, et al. [Devices to Perform Laparo-Endoscopic Single Site Surgery for Urachal Remnants without Additional Ports]. Hinyokika Kiyo. 2017;63:225-228 pubmed publisher..6 ml, respectively ; there being no significant difference between the two groups. We report our knot-pusher method because it can achieve comparable results without compromising the surgical outcome. ..
- Miles B, Melser M, Farah R, Markowitz N, Fisher E. The urological manifestations of the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. J Urol. 1989;142:771-3 pubmed
- Roussel A, Ward D. Ruptured urinary bladder in a heifer. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1985;186:1310-1 pubmed..Bladder rupture, which usually occurs in bulls or steers secondary to urolithiasis or in cows after dystocia, also should be considered in prepartum heifers with dehydration, abdominal pain, and abdominal distention. ..
- Mu L, Geng L, Xu H, Luo M, Geng J, Li L. Lidocaine-prilocaine cream reduces catheter-related bladder discomfort in male patients during the general anesthesia recovery period: A prospective, randomized, case-control STROBE study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6494 pubmed publisher..Application of lidocaine-prilocaine cream on the surface of the urinary catheter is an efficient and safe method to reduce the incidence and severity of CRBD. ..
- Baradaran Ghahfarokhi M, Amouheidari A, Shahbazi Gahrouei D, Baradaran Ghahfarokhi H, Tanderup K, DÃ¶rr W, et al. Evaluation of the Effects of Prostate Radiation Therapy on Occludin Expression and Ultrasonography Characteristics of the Bladder. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:963-971 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a significant reduction in bladder echogenicity and increase in occludin expression during treatment can be associated with acute urinary complications. ..
- Weddle J, Brunton B, Rittenhouse D. An unusual presentation of emphysematous cystitis. Am J Emerg Med. 1998;16:664-6 pubmed..This may suggest a causal relationship, although a specific mechanism is unknown. ..
- Wilson D, MacWilliams P. An evaluation of the clinical pathologic findings in experimentally induced urinary bladder rupture in pre-ruminant calves. Can J Vet Res. 1998;62:140-3 pubmed..Serum to peritoneal fluid ratios for potassium, phosphate and creatinine exceeded 2:1 within 2 h of bladder rupture. Pre-ruminant calves with experimentally induced uroperitoneum did not become hyperkalemic during the 40 h experiment. ..
- Richardson A, Lyon J, Williams N. A new look at pelvic relaxation. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1976;126:568-73 pubmed..7 per cent, improved in 5 per cent, and failed in 3.3 per cent. Discussion is offered of the possibility of the study of the pelvic floor from the viewpoint of a mechanical engineer. ..
- Baniel J, Vishna T. Primary transitional cell carcinoma in vesical diverticula. Urology. 1997;50:697-9 pubmed..Superficial intradiverticular tumors may be treated conservatively. Routine cystoscopy for patients with a bladder diverticulum is warranted for early diagnosis of possible intradiverticular tumor. ..
- Lewis J, Morse J, Eyolfson M, Schwartz S. Spontaneous rupture of a vesicourachal diverticulum manifesting as acute abdominal pain. Acad Emerg Med. 1996;3:1140-3 pubmed
- Baxter G, Zamos D, Mueller P. Uroperitoneum attributable to ruptured urachus in a yearling bull. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1992;200:517-20 pubmed..In addition, the bull in this report developed hyperkalemia, which is considered an unusual finding in cattle with uroperitoneum. ..
- Montague D, Boltuch R. Primary neoplasms in vesical diverticula: report of 10 cases. J Urol. 1976;116:41-2 pubmed..These results are contrasted to the relatively poor survival of patients reported in other series. Early diagnosis and adequate treatment are stressed. ..
- Taniguchi K, Iida R, Ota K, Nitta M, Tsujino T, Komura K, et al. Spontaneous rupture of the urinary bladder (SRUB): Recovery from cardiopulmonary arrest. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1584.e5-1584.e7 pubmed publisher..Her recovery after surgery was relatively smooth. SRUB should be considered in the differential diagnosis of pan peritonitis, because urgent appropriate surgical intervention can rescue patients from this rare lethal disease. ..
- Bis K, Slovis T. Accuracy of ultrasonic bladder volume measurement in children. Pediatr Radiol. 1990;20:457-60 pubmed..This technique is still valuable, however, in children with an abnormal bladder for it allows estimation of the extent of emptying without invasive catheterization. ..
- Lax T, Drew R. An unusual case of bladder rupture in a cow. Vet Rec. 1974;94:615-6 pubmed
- Chen I, Lee M, Lin H, Wu S, Chang K, Lin H. Somatoform disorder as a predictor of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome: Evidence from a nested case-control study and a retrospective cohort study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6304 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that somatoform disorder can be used as a sensitive psychiatric phenotype to predict IC/BPS. Any past history of somatoform disorder should be documented while examining patients with IC/BPS. ..
- Kaplan S, Te A, Blaivas J. Urodynamic findings in patients with diabetic cystopathy. J Urol. 1995;153:342-4 pubmed..These findings demonstrate the importance of urodynamic studies in diagnosing voiding dysfunction in diabetics before initiation of therapy. ..
- Fredrikson S. Nasal spray desmopressin treatment of bladder dysfunction in patients with multiple sclerosis. Acta Neurol Scand. 1996;94:31-4 pubmed..Side effects were well tolerated and there was no hyponatremia or hypertension registered. Intranasal desmopressin is an efficient and well-tolerated treatment of voiding problems in patients with MS during daily activities. ..
- Vyas S, Chabra N, Singh S, Khandelwal N. Inguinal herniation of the bladder and ureter: an unusual cause of obstructive uropathy in a transplant kidney. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2014;25:153-5 pubmed
- Capitanucci M, Silveri M, Mosiello G, Zaccara A, Capozza N, De Gennaro M. Prevalence of hypercontractility in male and female infants with vesico-ureteral reflux. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2000;10:172-6 pubmed..The pathogenesis of congenital reflux is not always a feature of malformation of the vesico-ureteral junction; therefore, patients with bladder dysfunction must be identified early. ..