Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inflammation of the UTERINE CERVIX.
- Talukder S, Haque M, Huq M, Alam M, Roushan A, Noor Z, et al. Histopathological analysis of hysterectomy specimens. Mymensingh Med J. 2007;16:81-4 pubmed..Most common neoplastic cause of hysterectomy is leiomyoma. The rationalities and the possible after effect of hysterectomy in sexual functions and other physiological impairment should be followed up. ..
- Palacios A, Versos R, Massó P, Cavadas V, Soares J, Marcelo F. [Bladder exstrophy adenocarcinoma in an adult woman. Case report]. Arch Esp Urol. 2007;60:198-200 pubmed..The biopsy of the mass revealed bladder adenocarcinoma. We performed radical cystectomy. Pathologic study was compatible with moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma. After six months of follow-up patient is disease-free. ..
- Mei P, Liu Y, Zhuang H, Luo X, Xiao K. [Diagnostic value of p16INK4a in squamous intraepithelial lesion in gynecologic cytology]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2007;36:521-3 pubmed..4%) than in cases associated with low-risk HPV genotypes (7.7%). p16(INK4a) is a valuable biomarker for detection of HPV-related dysplastic squamous cells, with high sensitivity and specificity. ..
- McGalie C, McBride H, McCluggage W. Cytomegalovirus infection of the cervix: morphological observations in five cases of a possibly under-recognised condition. J Clin Pathol. 2004;57:691-4 pubmed..This study describes histopathological findings in five biopsies from four patients with CMV cervicitis...
- Zhang X, Shen Q, Wang G, Yu Y, Sun Y, Yu G, et al. Risk factors for reproductive tract infections among married women in rural areas of Anhui Province, China. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2009;147:187-91 pubmed publisher..Among married women in rural China, the prevalence of RTIs was high, indicating the need for health education. ..
- Sakuma S, Tanaka M. [Gonococcal infection]. Nihon Rinsho. 2003;61 Suppl 2:339-43 pubmed
- Corbeto E, Lugo R, Martro E, Falguera G, Ros R, Avecilla A, et al. [Prevalence and determining factors of acquiring C. trachomatis infection among adolescents and young adults in Catalonia]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2011;29:96-101 pubmed publisher..Systematic monitoring of C. trachomatis infection in sentinel populations will provide valid information allowing us to assess the relevance of proposing targeted screening programs in our setting. ..
- Gaydos C. Mycoplasma genitalium: Accurate Diagnosis Is Necessary for Adequate Treatment. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:S406-S411 pubmed publisher..Research is needed to establish the cost-effectiveness of routine M. genitalium testing in symptomatic patients and screening in all individuals at high risk of acquiring and transmitting sexually transmitted infections. ..
- Edwards J. The role of complement in gonococcal infection of cervical epithelia. Vaccine. 2008;26 Suppl 8:I56-61 pubmed..Herein we describe the interaction of N. gonorrhoeae with the complement alternative pathway with a particular focus on the importance of this interaction in promoting gonococcal cervicitis. ..
- Romanik M, Martirosian G, Wojciechowska Wieja A, Cieslik K, Kazmierczak W. [Co-occurence of indol-producing bacterial strains in the vagina of women infected with Chlamydia trachomatis]. Ginekol Pol. 2007;78:611-5 pubmed..0405, chi2 = 4.20) and these findings confirm co-importance of indole-producing bacterial strains in cervicitis caused by C trachomatis . ..
- Nayama M, Garba A, Boulama Jackou M, Toure A, Idi N, Garba M, et al. [Uro-genital schistosomiasis with S. haematobium and infertility in Niger. Prospective study of 109 cases]. Mali Med. 2007;22:15-21 pubmed..The symptomatology felt by infested women showed the parasitose consequence on women in endemic area. The treatment in o large schaddle by the national program allows to reduce morbidity caused by that infection in Niger. ..
- Termini L, Maciag P, Soares F, Nonogaki S, Pereira S, Alves V, et al. Analysis of human kallikrein 7 expression as a potential biomarker in cervical neoplasia. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:485-90 pubmed publisher..Moreover, 92.5% of adenocarcinomas also exhibited intense hK7 staining. Differences in the expression of hK7 could potentially be used as a biomarker for the characterization of different stages of cervical disease. ..
- Andersen B, Sokolowski I, Østergaard L, Kjølseth Møller J, Olesen F, Jensen J. Mycoplasma genitalium: prevalence and behavioural risk factors in the general population. Sex Transm Infect. 2007;83:237-41 pubmed..Mycoplasma genitalium has been shown to cause urethritis in men and cervicitis in women and may also be a causative agent in female infertility...
- Ferreira A, Young T, Mathews C, Zunza M, Low N. Strategies for partner notification for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;:CD002843 pubmed publisher..More high-quality RCTs of PN strategies for HIV and syphilis, using biological outcomes, are needed. ..
- Sarian L, Derchain S, Yoshida A, Vassallo J, Pignataro F, de Angelo Andrade L. Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and Ki67 as related to disease severity and HPV detection in squamous lesions of the cervix. Gynecol Oncol. 2006;102:537-41 pubmed..Ki67 expression, however, was higher in the CIN3 group (P = 0.001) as compared to the specimens rendered as normal/cervicitis. COX-2 protein expression did not correlate with disease severity or Ki67 expression. ..
- Várkonyi V. [Urethritis and cervicitis caused by Chlamydia trachomatis]. Orv Hetil. 2003;144:1591-2 pubmed
- Churakov A, Skatin A, Borisova L, Malykhina Z, Kulichenko A, Suvorov A. [Paraendocervical route for metronidazole administration in complex treatment of chronic Trichomonas endocervicitis]. Antibiot Khimioter. 2004;49:11-3 pubmed..It was shown that paraendocervical administration of the protistocidal agent provided earlier regression of the urogenital symptoms and 2.8 times lower frequency of the relapses. ..
- Patacchiola F, Di Stefano L, Palermo P, Di Berardino C, Coppola G, Mascaretti G. Genital tuberculosis in a menopausal woman. A case report. Minerva Ginecol. 2002;54:287-91 pubmed..Genital TBC is now undergoing a worrying recrudescence. We need to have a full knowledge of the pathology, the diagnostic means with which to discover it and the correct therapeutic instruments to overcome it...
- Kozak Darmas I, Olejek A, Manka G. [The coexistence of vulvovaginal warts and cervical dysplasia with HPV infection and cervicitis]. Ginekol Pol. 2002;73:856-60 pubmed..Three years' intensive therapy didn't lead to satisfactory results. Finally hysterectomy led to the acceptable therapeutical effect. ..
- Samantaray S, Parida G, Rout N, Giri S, Kar R. Cytologic detection of tuberculous cervicitis: a report of 7 cases. Acta Cytol. 2009;53:594-6 pubmed
- Ye L, Zhang B, Cao W. [Relationship between the endocervical mycoplasma infection and spontaneous abortion due to early embryonic death]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2004;39:83-5 pubmed..1) The endocervical mycoplasma infection could be one of the causes leading to the early embryonic death. (2) Roxithromycin was the most sensitive drug tested to mycoplasma. ..
- Manavi K, Conlan R, Barrie G. The performance of microscopic cervicitis for the detection of chlamydial infection. Sex Transm Infect. 2004;80:415 pubmed
- Cicinelli E, Stanziano A, Parisi C, Marinaccio M, Causio F. Hysteroscopic diagnosis and treatment of endocervical ossification: a case report. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2005;12:159-61 pubmed..Chronic endocervicitis may cause endocervical ossification and should be ruled out before surgical removal of bone fragments in order to ensure definitive resolution and prevent recurrence. ..
- Luo R, Chen X, Zhu L. [Cervical glandular intraepithelial neoplasia: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical analysis of 80 cases]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2013;42:32-6 pubmed publisher..The sensitivity of p16 and Ki-67 markers for HCGIN is higher than that of CEA. CA125 and bcl-2 immunostains offer no helpful in identifying HCGIN. ..
- Du C, Wang Y. Expression of P-Akt, NFkappaB and their correlation with human papillomavirus infection in cervical carcinoma. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2012;33:274-7 pubmed..This study suggests that P-Akt and NFkappaB more probably play an important role in the occurrence of cervical carcinoma. ..
- Peitsidis P, Kalmantis K, Peitsidou A, Zervoudis S, Papaspyrou I, Georgoulias N, et al. Chlamydial infection in female lower genital tract and its correlation with cervical smear abnormalities. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2012;113:357-60 pubmed..In these women, a good clinical assessment is necessitated including previous clinical history record, as well as detailed microbiologic, cytologic and colposcopic evaluations (Tab. 5, Ref. 19). ..
- Abd El All H, Rye A, Duvillard P. p53 immunohistochemical expression of Egyptian cervical carcinoma. Pathol Oncol Res. 1999;5:280-4 pubmed
- Shirata N, Zerbini M, Longatto Filho A, de Mello E, Arias V, Nonogaki S, et al. DNA ploidy in cervical lesions assessed by computed image analysis: relation to histopathology. Pathologica. 2003;95:88-91 pubmed..Aneuploidy was strongly associated with the high-grade lesions; the detection of a subset aneuploidy of low grade lesions would suggest a indicate closer follow-up of these cases. ..
- Butrimiene I, Ranceva J, Griskevicius A. [Mycoplasmal infection in patients with reactive arthritis and seronegative spondyloarthropaties]. Medicina (Kaunas). 2003;39:460-3 pubmed..Micoplasmal infection occurred in equal frequency in patients with reactive arthritis and undifferentiated spondyloarthropathies with a tendency to appear more in women than in men. ..
- Martínez T M, Reid S I, Arias C, Napolitano R C, Sandoval Z J, Molina C R. [Prevalence of cervical infection by Chlamydia trachomatis among Chilean women living in the Metropolitan Region]. Rev Med Chil. 2008;136:1294-300 pubmed publisher..01). This study found a high prevalence of C trachomatis among gynecologic patients that should prompt preventive strategies. ..
- Jaiprakash P, Pai K, Rao L. Diagnosis of tuberculous cervicitis by Papanicolaou-stained smear. Ann Saudi Med. 2013;33:76-8 pubmed publisher..Hence, in a patient with a suspicious cervical lesion and a prior history of tuberculosis, a diagnosis of cervical tuberculoiss must be considered. ..
- Leli C, Mencacci A, Bombaci J, D Alo F, Farinelli S, Vitali M, et al. Prevalence and antimicrobial susceptibility of Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis in a population of Italian and immigrant outpatients. Infez Med. 2012;20:82-7 pubmed..Therefore, surveillance is critical for the early cure and prevention of the occurrence of resistant strains. ..
- Khan A, Singer A. Biomarkers in cervical precancer management: the new frontiers. Future Oncol. 2008;4:515-24 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on these molecular markers and their role in the diagnosis and management of cervical dysplasia and cancer. ..
- Paesano R, Pietropaoli M, Berlutti F, Valenti P. Bovine lactoferrin in preventing preterm delivery associated with sterile inflammation. Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;90:468-75 pubmed publisher..The deliveries occurred between the 37th and 38th week of gestation. These results provide strong evidence for a role of bLf in PTD treatment, thus extending the therapeutic potential of this multifunctional natural protein. ..
- Hernandez J, Nuangchamnong N, Ziadie M, Wendel G, Sheffield J. Placental and uterine pathology in women undergoing peripartum hysterectomy. Obstet Gynecol. 2012;119:1137-42 pubmed publisher..Patients requiring emergent peripartum hysterectomies as a result of intractable uterine atony are more likely to have clinical and pathologic findings consistent with acute inflammation and infection. II. ..
- Vermillion S, Holmes M, Soper D. Adolescents and sexually transmissible diseases. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2000;27:163-79 pubmed..Adolescence is a period during which lifelong health behaviors are established. It provides a critical opportunity for promoting responsible behaviors and reducing risks through health promotion and prevention strategies. ..
- Noori M, Helmig R, Hein M, Steer P. Could a cervical occlusion suture be effective at improving perinatal outcome?. BJOG. 2007;114:532-6 pubmed..In this review, we examine the background of traditional cervical cerclage and introduce the concept of the occlusion suture and its potential benefit in reducing the risk of recurrent preterm prelabour rupture of membranes. ..
- Schlicht M, Lovrich S, Sartin J, Karpinsky P, Callister S, Agger W. High prevalence of genital mycoplasmas among sexually active young adults with urethritis or cervicitis symptoms in La Crosse, Wisconsin. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:4636-40 pubmed..The findings demonstrate a strong association between abnormal urogenital findings and detection of myoplasmas, particularly ureaplasmas, and suggest the infections will remain common. ..
- Wu S, Li C, Hung L, Huang A, Tseng J, Tsou J, et al. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein delta mediates tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced Aurora kinase C transcription and promotes genomic instability. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28662-70 pubmed publisher..These data provide insight into a novel function for CEBPD in inducing genomic instability through the activation of AURKC expression in response to inflammatory signals. ..
- Handa U, Ahal S, Amanjit -, Mohan H. Incidental detection of cervical tuberculosis in pap smear. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2005;48:284-5 pubmed
- Mlinarić Missoni E, Lipozencic J, Marinovic Kulisic S, Mlinaric Dzepina A. Fungal infections of urogenital system. Acta Dermatovenerol Croat. 2004;12:77-83 pubmed..5%) and had a larger number of colony counts (57%). This suggested that these yeast species might have a pathogenic role in the causation of urogenital system infections. ..
- Rabelo Santos S, Villa L, Derchain S, Ferreira S, Sarian L, Angelo Andrade L, et al. Variants of human papillomavirus types 16 and 18: histological findings in women referred for atypical glandular cells or adenocarcinoma in situ in cervical smear. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2006;25:393-7 pubmed..Glandular neoplasia is associated with HPV-18, but the results of our analysis of its variants were inconclusive. ..
- Popovici R, Anton E, Costăchescu G, Costăchescu G. [Breast cancer in women over 60 years of age]. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi. 2010;114:1083-6 pubmed..Breast cancer in elderly women has an incidence peak at the age of 60 to 69 years. Despite numerous associated conditions the surgical treatment remains the most effective therapy. ..
- Mahmood A, Butt T. Increased risk of cervical canal infections with intracervical foley catheter. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2003;13:675; author reply 675-6 pubmed
- Kovacic M, Katki H, Kreimer A, Sherman M. Epidemiologic analysis of histologic cervical inflammation: relationship to human papillomavirus infections. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:1088-95 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are needed to confirm and extend these findings. ..
- Cherpes T, Marrazzo J, Cosentino L, Meyn L, Murray P, Hillier S. Hormonal contraceptive use modulates the local inflammatory response to bacterial vaginosis. Sex Transm Infect. 2008;84:57-61 pubmed..These results suggest the possibility of an association between hormonal contraceptive use and altered genital tract immunity. ..
- Ren M, Zhao J, Li H. [New type pathogenic mycoplasmas isolated from female patients with genital infection in Nanjing, China]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2001;81:1516-8 pubmed
- Laconi S, Greco M, Milia G, Pellegrini Bettoli P, Pani P, Laconi E, et al. [Simultaneous detection and typing of human papillomavirus in cervical biopsies using PCR-reverse hybridization]. Pathologica. 2000;92:524-9 pubmed..HPV DNA was found in 56.7% koilocytic atypias, in 90.9% of CIN1 and in 100% of CIN2 and higher-grade lesions. Thus, PCR-RH is sensitive, rapid, easy-to-perform and readily applicable to the routine analysis of a large number of samples. ..
- Yildirim B, Acikbas I, Sengul M, Akbulut M, Kaleli I, Bagci H. Is Helicobacter pylori a pathogenic agent of the cervix uteri?. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2006;61:160-3 pubmed..We could not detect H. pylori in the cervix of patients with cervicitis. H. pylori-infected patients' cervices remain to be investigated, and a larger study is needed to draw firm conclusions. ..
- Wang B, Shi Q, Li H, Zhang W, Zhuang Y, Yang J, et al. [Analysis of protein expression feature and construction of procaryotic expression system for human papillomavirus type 16 (HPV-16) E4 gene]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2006;37:361-4 pubmed..The above research results built a good foundation for preparing the high grade of purity E4 protein and developing the relative study. ..
- Jovic M, Nenadić D, Magic Z, Zoltarevski L, Durdević Vukomanović B, Tatomirovic Z, et al. [Reliability of the CINtec p16INK4a immunocytochemical test in screening cervical precancerous lesions]. Vojnosanit Pregl. 2008;65:211-9 pubmed..In the patients with precancerous cervical lesions a higher level of correlation was found between the grade of histological dysplasia and p16INK4a level of expression in the cervical smear, compared to the results of Papanicolaou test. ..
- Wu X, Huang X, Zhang W. [Fluid-based thin-layer method for screening of squamous intraepithelial lesions in pregnant women]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2006;41:689-92 pubmed..05). TCT smear screening is necessary, safe and acceptable for routine prenatal tests. There is no difference in the cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions between pregnant and non-pregnant women. ..
- Sachan R, Gupta P, Patel M, Verma A, Maurya M. Cervical tuberculosis masquerading as cancer cervix: a report of three cases. Indian J Tuberc. 2013;60:46-9 pubmed..Cervical biopsy was inconclusive of tuberculosis but endometrial tissue sampling for TB PCR was positive. This shows that newer diagnostic marker test can help us to detect secondary genital tuberculosis. ..