Summary: A plant genus in the LAURACEAE family. The tree bark has been used medicinally. Drinks called sarsaparilla and root beer have been prepared from Sassafras and SMILAX ORNATA (Jamaican sarsaparilla).
- Monzote L, Piñón A, Setzer W. Antileishmanial Potential of Tropical Rainforest Plant Extracts. Medicines (Basel). 2014;1:32-55 pubmed publisher..ethanol bark extract, Matelea pseudobarbata ethanol extract, Quercus insignis ethanol bark extract, Sassafras albidum dichloromethane bark extract, and Stemmadenia donnell-smithii acetone bark extract.
- Kuperman R, Checkai R, Simini M, Phillips C, Higashi R, Fan T, et al. SELENIUM TOXICITY TO SURVIVAL AND REPRODUCTION OF COLLEMBOLA AND ENCHYTRAEIDS IN A SANDY LOAM SOIL. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2017;: pubmed publisher..For the present studies, we selected Sassafras sandy loam (SSL), an aerobic upland soil with soil characteristics (low levels of clay and organic matter, soil ..
- Chung K, Lin T, Tsai Y, Lin S, Peng C. Isolation and characterization of microsatellite loci in Sassafras randaiense (Lauraceae). Am J Bot. 2011;98:e326-9 pubmed publisherMicrosatellite loci were developed in Sassafras randaiense, an endemic tree species in Taiwan, to investigate the conservation genetics of this invaluable plant that is at risk for continuing population decline.
- Huhn C, Pütz M, Holthausen I, Pyell U. Separation of very hydrophobic analytes by micellar electrokinetic chromatography. I. Optimization of the composition of the sample solution for the determination of the aromatic ingredients of sassafras and other essential oils of forensic interest. Electrophoresis. 2008;29:526-37 pubmed..The method developed was successfully applied to the determination of minor and major constituents in herbal essential oils, some of them being forensically relevant as sources of precursors for synthetic drugs...
- Adams T, McCormack M, Eissenstat D. Foraging strategies in trees of different root morphology: the role of root lifespan. Tree Physiol. 2013;33:940-8 pubmed publisher..lifespan with local N fertilization; no significant responses were observed in the two coarse-root tree species, Sassafras albidum Nutt. and Liriodendron tulipifera L...
- Adesanya A, Liu N, Held D. Host suitability and diet mixing influence activities of detoxification enzymes in adult Japanese beetles. J Insect Physiol. 2016;88:55-62 pubmed publisher..of single or mixed plant diets of previously ranked preferred (rose, Virginia creeper, crape myrtle and sassafras) or non-preferred hosts (boxelder, riverbirch and red oak)...
- Liu G, Li H. [Bamboo rhizome system of mixed forest of Sassafras tsumu and Phyllostachys pubescens]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2002;13:385-9 pubmedBy the method of fixed plots, the bamboo rhizome system structure and nutrient content in rhizome from mixed Sassafras tsumu and Phyllostachys pubescens, which were established in 1983-1984 by planting S...
- Schaffer M, Gröger T, Putz M, Zimmermann R. Forensic profiling of sassafras oils based on comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography. Forensic Sci Int. 2013;229:108-15 pubmed publisher..Authentic sassafras oil samples from police seizures were subjected to comparative analysis based on their chemical profiles ..