Summary: A plant genus of the family ERICACEAE.
- Botsoglou N, Taitzoglou I, Zervos I, Botsoglou E, Tsantarliotou M, Chatzopoulou P. Potential of long-term dietary administration of rosemary in improving the antioxidant status of rat tissues following carbon tetrachloride intoxication. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:944-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that dietary rosemary has the potential to become a promising functional food component...
- Bermejo L, LÃ³pez Plaza B, Weber T, Palma Milla S, Iglesias C, Reglero G, et al. Impact of cooked functional meat enriched with omega-3 fatty acids and rosemary extract on inflammatory and oxidative status; a randomised, double-blind, crossover study. Nutr Hosp. 2014;30:1084-91 pubmed publisher..La inclusiÃ³n de estas CF en una dieta equilibrada podrÃa ser una opciÃ³n mÃ¡s para mantener un estilo de vida saludable. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT0199088. ..
- Ouchfoun M, Eid H, Musallam L, Brault A, Li S, Vallerand D, et al. Labrador tea (Rhododendron groenlandicum) attenuates insulin resistance in a diet-induced obesity mouse model. Eur J Nutr. 2016;55:941-54 pubmed publisher..They validate the safety and efficacy of this plant, a promising candidate for culturally relevant complementary treatment in Cree diabetics. ..
- Mętrak M, Aneta E, Wiłkomirski B, Staszewski T, Suska Malawska M. Interspecific differences in foliar 1 PAHs load between Scots pine, birch, and wild rosemary from three polish peat bogs. Environ Monit Assess. 2016;188:456 pubmed publisher..Observed seasonal changes in PAHs concentrations followed the pattern of winter increase, caused mainly by heating season, and summer decrease, caused mainly by volatilization of light PAHs. ..
- Arráez Román D, Gómez Caravaca A, Gómez Romero M, Segura Carretero A, Fernandez Gutierrez A. Identification of phenolic compounds in rosemary honey using solid-phase extraction by capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2006;41:1648-56 pubmed..1% (v/v) of triethylamine at 3 microL/min in the negative ion mode. We describe the first method for the analysis of phenolic compounds in rosemary honey at mg/L levels by using a simple SPE before CE-ESI-MS analysis...
- Pugh R, Dick D, Fredeen A. Heavy metal (Pb, Zn, Cd, Fe, and Cu) contents of plant foliage near the Anvil Range lead/zinc mine, Faro, Yukon Territory. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2002;52:273-9 pubmed..Foliage of three native plant species was sampled: bog blueberry (Vaccinium uliginosum), Labrador tea (Ledum groenlandicum), and willow (Salix sp.), at approximately 0.25, 2...
- Dufour D, Pichette A, Mshvildadze V, Bradette Hébert M, Lavoie S, Longtin A, et al. Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anticancer activities of methanolic extracts from Ledum groenlandicum Retzius. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007;111:22-8 pubmedLabrador tea (Ledum groenlandicum Retzius) is an ericaceae widely distributed in North America...
- Inoue K, Takano H, Shiga A, Fujita Y, Makino H, Yanagisawa R, et al. Effects of volatile constituents of rosemary extract on lung inflammation induced by diesel exhaust particles. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2006;99:52-7 pubmed..The preventive effect is mediated, at least partly, through the inhibition of the enhanced lung expressions of macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha, macrophage chemoattractant protein-1, and keratinocyte chemoattractants...
- Ramírez P, García Risco M, Santoyo S, Señoráns F, Ibáñez E, Reglero G. Isolation of functional ingredients from rosemary by preparative-supercritical fluid chromatography (Prep-SFC). J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2006;41:1606-13 pubmed
- Eid H, Ouchfoun M, Saleem A, Guerrero Analco J, Walshe Roussel B, Musallam L, et al. A combination of (+)-catechin and (-)-epicatechin underlies the in vitro adipogenic action of Labrador tea (Rhododendron groenlandicum), an antidiabetic medicinal plant of the Eastern James Bay Cree pharmacopeia. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;178:251-7 pubmed publisher..This brings further evidence for the antidiabetic potential of R. groenlandicum and provides new opportunities to profile active principles in biological fluids or in traditional preparations. ..