Summary: A plant genus of the family FABACEAE that includes peanuts.
- Chen Y, Chen Y, Zhao L, Kong X, Yang Z, Hua Y. A two-chain aspartic protease present in seeds with high affinity for peanut oil bodies. Food Chem. 2018;241:443-451 pubmed publisher..0 and 60°C. Interestingly, the aspartic protease not only hydrolyzed OB intrinsic proteins (oleosin, caleosin, and steroleosin), but also extrinsic proteins (especially Ara h 1 allergen and 26-30kDa arachin). ..
- Wei D, Jong S. Production of aflatoxins by strains of the Aspergillus flavus group maintained in ATCC. Mycopathologia. 1986;93:19-24 pubmed..No strains of the food fungi A. oryzae or A. sojae produced detectable levels of aflatoxins, while 33-85% of the strains of A. flavus and A. parasiticus were toxigenic. ..
- Anzuay M, Ciancio M, Ludueña L, Angelini J, Barros G, Pastor N, et al. Growth promotion of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) and maize (Zea mays L.) plants by single and mixed cultures of efficient phosphate solubilizing bacteria that are tolerant to abiotic stress and pesticides. Microbiol Res. 2017;199:98-109 pubmed publisher..Phosphate solubilizing bacteria used in this study showed efficient phosphate mineralizing and solubilization ability and would be potential P-biofertilizers for peanut and maize. ..
- Joffe A. Aflatoxin produced by 1,626 isolates of Aspergillus flavus from groundnut kernels and soils in Israel. Nature. 1969;221:492 pubmed
- Yang X, Zhang Q, Chen Z, Liu H, Li P. Investigation of Pseudomonas fluorescens strain 3JW1 on preventing and reducing aflatoxin contaminations in peanuts. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178810 pubmed publisher..flavus infection and aflatoxin contamination. And the results also highlight the potential applications of the strain 3JW1 for the biological control of aflatoxin contamination in peanuts and other susceptible crops. ..
- Ayedun B, Okpachu G, Manyong V, Atehnkeng J, Akinola A, Abu G, et al. An Assessment of Willingness To Pay by Maize and Groundnut Farmers for Aflatoxin Biocontrol Product in Northern Nigeria. J Food Prot. 2017;80:1451-1460 pubmed publisher..A market strategy promoting a premium price for aflatoxin-safe produce and creating awareness and explaining the availability of Aflasafe to potential users should increase Aflasafe usage. ..
- Hashemian M, Murphy G, Etemadi A, Dawsey S, Liao L, Abnet C. Nut and peanut butter consumption and the risk of esophageal and gastric cancer subtypes. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:858-864 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusions: Among older American adults, both nut and peanut butter consumption were inversely associated with the risk of gastric noncardia adenocarcinoma. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00340015. ..
- Klevorn C, Dean L. A metabolomics-based approach identifies changes in the small molecular weight compound composition of the peanut as a result of dry-roasting. Food Chem. 2018;240:1193-1200 pubmed publisher..Dry-roasting had a significant impact on the levels and types of low-molecular-weight compounds present. These findings provide useful information about composition changes due to roasting. ..
- Dahunsi S, Oranusi S, Efeovbokhan V. Pretreatment optimization, process control, mass and energy balances and economics of anaerobic co-digestion of Arachis hypogaea (Peanut) hull and poultry manure. Bioresour Technol. 2017;241:454-464 pubmed publisherThe study explored biogas production from the co-digestion of Arachis hypogaea hull and poultry droppings. Mechanical and thermo-alkaline pretreatments were applied to a sample of the mixture...
- Yanagida N, Sato S, Asaumi T, Ogura K, Ebisawa M. Risk Factors for Severe Reactions during Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Food Challenges. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2017;172:173-182 pubmed publisher..Therefore, OFCs for patients with these risk factors should only be performed under specialist supervision with access to rapid treatment and full resuscitation equipment. ..
- Oyedele O, Ezekiel C, Sulyok M, Adetunji M, Warth B, Atanda O, et al. Mycotoxin risk assessment for consumers of groundnut in domestic markets in Nigeria. Int J Food Microbiol. 2017;251:24-32 pubmed publisher..There is need for increased targeted interventions in the groundnut value chain in Nigeria for public health benefits. ..
- Zerbato C, Furlani C, Ormond A, Gírio L, Carneiro F, da Silva R. Statistical process control applied to mechanized peanut sowing as a function of soil texture. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180399 pubmed publisher..Overall, the texture and the moisture of clayey soil provided the best operational performance for mechanized peanut sowing. ..
- Sampson H, Albergo R. Comparison of results of skin tests, RAST, and double-blind, placebo-controlled food challenges in children with atopic dermatitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1984;74:26-33 pubmed..Furthermore, skin testing should be considered a good test for excluding immediate food hypersensitivity but only a suggestive positive indicator of hypersensitivity due to the high rate of clinically insignificant positive STs. ..
- Schocker F, Scharf A, Kull S, Jappe U. Detection of the Peanut Allergens Ara h 2 and Ara h 6 in Human Breast Milk: Development of 2 Sensitive and Specific Sandwich ELISA Assays. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2017;174:17-25 pubmed publisher..The kinetics of secreted Ara h 2 and Ara h 6 seem to be similar but with a difference in concentration. Follow-up investigations on their tolerogenic or sensitizing properties in breast milk become now accessible. ..
- Petersen A, Rennert S, Kull S, Becker W, Notbohm H, Goldmann T, et al. Roasting and lipid binding provide allergenic and proteolytic stability to the peanut allergen Ara h 8. Biol Chem. 2014;395:239-50 pubmed publisher..These aspects must be considered when estimating the allergenicity of Bet v 1-homologous proteins. ..
- Mathivanan N, Kabilan V, Murugesan K. Purification, characterization, and antifungal activity of chitinase from Fusarium chlamydosporum, a mycoparasite to groundnut rust, Puccinia arachidis. Can J Microbiol. 1998;44:646-51 pubmed..The results from these experiments indicated that chitinase of F. chlamydosporum plays an important role in the biocontrol of groundnut rust...
- May C. Objective clinical and laboratory studies of immediate hypersensitivity reactions to foods in asthmatic children. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1976;58:500-15 pubmed
- Park S, Grabau E. Bypassing miRNA-mediated gene regulation under drought stress: alternative splicing affects CSD1 gene expression. Plant Mol Biol. 2017;95:243-252 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that studies on the role of alternatively spliced MBSs affecting transcript levels are important for understanding plant stress responses. ..
- Hake A, Shirasawa K, Yadawad A, Sukruth M, Patil M, Nayak S, et al. Mapping of important taxonomic and productivity traits using genic and non-genic transposable element markers in peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186113 pubmed publisher..A genetic linkage map of 1,205.66 cM was constructed using 91 genic and non-genic Arachis hypogaea transposable element (AhTE) markers...
- Zhao L, Zhao L, Zhang B, Robotham J, Roux K, Tang H. Identification of a common Ara h 3 epitope recognized by both the capture and the detection monoclonal antibodies in an ELISA detection kit. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182935 pubmed publisher..The simultaneous binding of a pair of identical mAbs to an individual allergen such as Ara h3 is attributed to the multivalency of the analyte and has implications for developing diagnostic assays for additional multimeric allergens. ..
- Scott Taylor T, Axinia S, Strobel S. Lymphoproliferative responses to dendritic cell presentation of sensitizing allergens in atopic children with multiple allergies. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2017;119:274-283 pubmed publisher..03). The DC-induced lymphoproliferation had higher sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility than the standard assay and caused increased memory and activated T-cell proliferation in children with food allergy. ..
- Chu G, Zhao J, Chen F, Dong X, Zhou D, Liang N, et al. Physi-chemical and sorption properties of biochars prepared from peanut shell using thermal pyrolysis and microwave irradiation. Environ Pollut. 2017;227:372-379 pubmed publisher..Although CBZ and BPA did not degrade in the biochar sorption systems, the potential role of stronger free radical signals in MW biochars for organic contaminant control may not be overlooked in studies with other chemicals. ..
- Rossbach J, Fink R, Sadowsky M, Tong C, Diez Gonzalez F. Factors influencing the Salmonella internalization into seedpods and whole plants of Arachis hypogaea (L.). Food Microbiol. 2017;66:184-189 pubmed publisher..Typhimurium into peanut plants germinated in inoculated soil was also examined with and without Bradyrhizobium (Arachis) sp.NC92. Salmonella counts recovered from GV seedpods were on average of 2...
- Peters R, Koplin J, Gurrin L, Dharmage S, Wake M, Ponsonby A, et al. The prevalence of food allergy and other allergic diseases in early childhood in a population-based study: HealthNuts age 4-year follow-up. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;140:145-153.e8 pubmed publisher..Although the prevalence of food allergy decreased between age 1 year and age 4 years in this population-based cohort, the prevalence of any allergic disease among 4-year-old children in Melbourne, Australia, is remarkably high. ..
- Sanders T, Pattee H. Peanut alkaline lipase. Lipids. 1975;10:50-4 pubmed..1.1.3), pH optimum 8.5, was isolated from acetone powders prepared from developing and germinated peanut seed (arachis hypogaea L. var. NC-2). Enzyme activity/seed increased in successive developmental stages...
- Michelotto M, de Godoy I, Pirotta M, Dos Santos J, Finoto E, Pereira Fávero A. Resistance to thrips (Enneothrips flavens) in wild and amphidiploid Arachis species. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176811 pubmed publisher..flavens infestations in 12 accessions of 10 wild species of Arachis and nine amphidiploids, as well as to compare their morphoagronomic characteristics to those of commercial ..
- Muller V, Amé M, Carrari V, Gieco J, Asis R. Lipoxygenase Activation in Peanut Seed Cultivars Resistant and Susceptible to Aspergillus parasiticus Colonization. Phytopathology. 2014;104:1340-8 pubmed publisher..The results of this study support the role of these enzymes in defense during fungus infection in peanut seed. ..
- Schroeder H, Boller R. Aflatoxin production of species and strains of the Aspergillus flavus group isolated from field crops. Appl Microbiol. 1973;25:885-9 pubmed..More than 90% of all isolates of the A. flavus group were identified as the species A. flavus. A. parasiticus was isolated from all four crops. Only A. parasiticus produced aflatoxin G. ..
- Chen C, Xia S, Deng R, Liu C, Shi G. AhIRT1 and AhNRAMP1 metal transporter expression correlates with Cd uptake in peanuts under iron deficiency. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185144 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the different Cd accumulation between the two cultivars under Fe deficiency may be correlated with Vmax value for Cd uptake and the expression levels of AhIRT1 and AhNRAMP1 in the roots...
- Webel D, Fernandez S, Parsons C, Baker D. Digestible threonine requirement of broiler chickens during the period three to six and six to eight weeks posthatching. Poult Sci. 1996;75:1253-7 pubmed..These estimates are lower than those of NRC (1994) but are in close agreement with those obtained from ideal protein calculations, i.e., Thr requirements should be 70% of lysine requirements for chicks 3 to 8 wk of age. ..
- Hourihane J, Bedwani S, Dean T, Warner J. Randomised, double blind, crossover challenge study of allergenicity of peanut oils in subjects allergic to peanuts. BMJ. 1997;314:1084-8 pubmed..Refined peanut oil did not pose a risk to any of the subjects. It would be reasonable to recommend a change in labelling to distinguish refined from crude peanut oil. ..
- Gao C, Wang P, Zhao S, Zhao C, Xia H, Hou L, et al. Small RNA profiling and degradome analysis reveal regulation of microRNA in peanut embryogenesis and early pod development. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:220 pubmed publisher..These findings provided new information on miRNA-mediated regulatory pathways in peanut pod, which will contribute to the comprehensive understanding of the molecular mechanisms that governing peanut embryo and early pod development. ..
- Wang X, Ni J, Pang S, Li Y. Removal of malachite green from aqueous solutions by electrocoagulation/peanut shell adsorption coupling in a batch system. Water Sci Technol. 2017;75:1830-1838 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that the EC/PS adsorption coupling method achieved a reduction of 94% UED and UEMD compared with EC process. ..
- Lisker N, Michaeli R, Frank Z. Mycotoxigenic potential of Aspergillus flavus strains isolated from groundnuts growing in Israel. Mycopathologia. 1993;122:177-83 pubmed..The mycotoxigenic potential of the A. flavus strains isolated from groundnuts seems to be relatively high and may present a potential threat to human and animal health. ..
- Marco Martín G, La Rotta Hernández A, Vázquez de la Torre M, Higaki Y, Zubeldia J, Baeza M. Differences in the Anaphylactic Response between C3H/HeOuJ and BALB/c Mice. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2017;173:204-212 pubmed publisher..However, according to the type of study performed, differences in the specific clinical, humoral, and cellular responses to antigens have to be considered. ..
- Gao C, Sun J, Wang C, Dong Y, Xiao S, Wang X, et al. Genome-wide analysis of basic/helix-loop-helix gene family in peanut and assessment of its roles in pod development. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181843 pubmed publisher..129 bHLH proteins were identified from two wild ancestral diploid subgenomes of cultivated tetraploid peanuts, Arachis duranensis (AA) and Arachis ipaensis (BB), respectively...
- Hou F, Teng P, Liu F, Wang W. Tebuconazole and Azoxystrobin Residue Behaviors and Distribution in Field and Cooked Peanut. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:4484-4492 pubmed publisher..Risk assessment showed there was no health risk for consumers. ..
- Blom W, Kruizinga A, Rubingh C, Remington B, Crevel R, Houben G. Assessing food allergy risks from residual peanut protein in highly refined vegetable oil. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;106:306-313 pubmed publisher..None of the food products would warrant precautionary labelling for peanut according to the VITAL® programme of the Allergen Bureau. ..
- Greenhawt M, Fleischer D. Primary Prevention of Food Allergy. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2017;17:26 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on the latest evidence supporting early introduction as a strategy to prevent food allergy, as well as on practical aspects for its successful implementation. ..
- Luo H, Xu Z, Li Z, Li X, Lv J, Ren X, et al. Development of SSR markers and identification of major quantitative trait loci controlling shelling percentage in cultivated peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Theor Appl Genet. 2017;130:1635-1648 pubmed publisher..Cultivated peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) is an important grain legume providing edible oil and protein for human nutrition...
- Guimarães L, Mota A, Araujo A, de Alencar Figueiredo L, Pereira B, de Passos Saraiva M, et al. Genome-wide analysis of expansin superfamily in wild Arachis discloses a stress-responsive expansin-like B gene. Plant Mol Biol. 2017;94:79-96 pubmed publisher..The first genome-wide analysis of the expansin superfamily in the Arachis genus identified 40 members in A. duranensis and 44 in A. ipaënsis, the wild progenitors of cultivated peanut (A...
- de Camargo A, Regitano d Arce M, Rasera G, Canniatti Brazaca S, do Prado Silva L, Alvarenga V, et al. Phenolic acids and flavonoids of peanut by-products: Antioxidant capacity and antimicrobial effects. Food Chem. 2017;237:538-544 pubmed publisher..The MIC of phenolic acid-rich extracts (24-49?gphenolics/mL) was higher but comparable to Ampicillin (10?g/mL). Thus, phenolics in PS and MDBP may serve as antioxidants and antimicrobial compounds. ..