Summary: A plant family of the order Cornales, subclass Rosidae, class Magnoliopsida, consisting of slow-growing evergreen trees common in tropical forests of south India and Burma. Members contain tetrahydroisoquinoline-monoterpene and iridoid glycosides.
- Jain S, Sinha A, Bhakuni D. The biosynthesis of beta-carboline and quinolizidine alkaloids of Alangium lamarckii. Phytochemistry. 2002;60:853-9 pubmed..b>Alangiaceae) has been studied and specific utilisation of N-deacetylisoipecoside demonstrated...
- Tran M, Nguyen H, Kim J, Choi J, Lee H, Min B. Phenolic glycosides from Alangium salviifolium leaves with inhibitory activity on LPS-induced NO, PGE(2), and TNF-alpha production. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:4389-93 pubmed publisher..f.) Wangerin (Alangiaceae)...
- Zhao J, Pang Q, Ma J, Liu C, Wang L, Meng Q. [Rapid identification of cortex dictamni pieces and its counterfeit alangium Chinense by spectral imaging method]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1696-8 pubmed..The spectral imaging analysis method can be used to identify the cortex dictamni pieces and its counterfeit alangium Chinense. The testing course is convenient, quick and noninvasive. ..
- Kumar R, Patel D, Laloo D, Sairam K, Hemalatha S. Inhibitory effect of two Indian medicinal plants on aldose reductase of rat lens in vitro. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2011;4:694-7 pubmed publisher..Quercetin was used as a positive control and its IC(50) value was (2.95Â±1.53) Î¼g/mL. Thus, it is concluded that alcoholic extracts of the selected plant exhibit significant inhibitory effects on AR in the rat lens in vitro. ..
- Zahan R, Nahar L, Nesa M. Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities of flower (Alangium salvifolium) extract. Pak J Biol Sci. 2013;16:1040-5 pubmed..The inhibitions were similar to those produced by indomethacin, p.o. The different alkaloids and flavonoids found in the extract could be account for the antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory actions. ..
- Chakraborty M, Mukhopadhyay S. Angustinine--a new benzopyridoquinolizine alkaloid from Alangium lamarckii. Nat Prod Commun. 2012;7:1169-70 pubmed..Investigation of the stem bark of the same plant resulted in the isolation of another known ipecac alkaloid, cephaeline. The structure of the new alkaloid (1) was elucidated on the basis of 2D NMR spectralanalysis. ..
- Zhang C, Zhang L, Hu Y, Xia X, Lu L, Yan Y, et al. [The pathological observation of acute intoxication by Alangium Chinese in mice]. Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;25:329-31 pubmed..The main target organs or tissue of Alangium Chinese are the lungs, liver and vascular smooth muscle. There is correlation between the toxic effect and the dosage. ..
- Kumar R, Pate D, Prasad S, Sairam K, Hemalatha S. Antidiabetic activity of alcoholic leaves extract of Alangium lamarckii Thwaites on streptozotocin-nicotinamide induced type 2 diabetic rats. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2011;4:904-9 pubmed publisher..Present finding demonstrated the significant antidiabetic activity of alcoholic leaves extract of A. lamarckii. ..
- Selin Rani S, Senthil Nathan S, Revathi K, Chandrasekaran R, Thanigaivel A, Vasantha Srinivasan P, et al. Toxicity of Alangium salvifolium Wang chemical constituents against the tobacco cutworm Spodoptera litura Fab. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2016;126:92-101 pubmed publisher..salvifolium chemical constituents against S. litura. Thus probably, this will be used as an alternative for synthetic pesticides against the polyphagous pest like S. litura. ..
- Ahad H, Padmaja B, Sravanthi M, Ramyasree P, Kavitha K. Phytochemical screening and anti-inflammatory actions of Alangium salviifolium root extract. Nat Prod Res. 2012;26:1649-53 pubmed publisher..This study revealed that Alangium salviifolium root has good anti-inflammatory actions when compared with Diclofenac sodium. ..
- Sharma A, Agarwal V, Kumar R, Balasubramaniam A, Mishra A, Gupta R. Pharmacological studies on seeds of Alangium salvifolium Linn. Acta Pol Pharm. 2011;68:897-904 pubmed..The results of present study verified the traditional claims made by ayurvedic practitioner. However, the chemical constituents responsible for the pharmacological activities remain to be investigated. ..
- Otsuka H, Hirata E, Shinzato T, Takeda Y. Stereochemistry of megastigmane glucosides from Glochidion zeylanicum and Alangium premnifolium. Phytochemistry. 2003;62:763-8 pubmed..They were analyzed to be R by means of a modified Mosher's method. Alangionoside E (5) is identical with corchoionoside A in all aspects. The name of corchoionoside A must be retained thereafter. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu Y, Li Y, Ma S, Li L, Qu J, et al. Sesquiterpenes and alkaloids from the roots of Alangium chinense. J Nat Prod. 2013;76:1058-63 pubmed publisher..7 ?M. None of the compounds exhibited detectable cytotoxic activity toward any of five tumor cell lines (A549, Be-17402, BGC-823, HCT-8, and A2780) in the MTT assay. ..