Summary: A strain of mice bred specifically as high or low antibody responders.
- Bolton C, Scott G, Smith T, Flower R. The acute and chronic phases of chronic relapsing experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (CR EAE) are ameliorated by the peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst, 5,10,15,20-tetrakis(4-sulfonatophenyl)porphyrinatoiron (III) chloride, (FeTPPS). Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;601:88-93 pubmed publisher..Administration of FeTPPS to CR EAE-inoculated Biozzi mice commenced either therapeutically and immediately prior to the emergence of acute or relapse symptoms, or ..
- Huizinga R, Gerritsen W, Heijmans N, Amor S. Axonal loss and gray matter pathology as a direct result of autoimmunity to neurofilaments. Neurobiol Dis. 2008;32:461-70 pubmed publisher..axonal damage and demyelination we have characterized the detailed neuropathology of NF-L-induced disease in Biozzi mice compared to classical experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) induced with myelin oligodendrocyte ..
- Hampton D, Anderson J, Pryce G, Irvine K, Giovannoni G, Fawcett J, et al. An experimental model of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis that shows regional variation in gliosis, remyelination, axonal and neuronal loss. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;201-202:200-11 pubmed publisher..Together with the clinical pattern, our findings identify chronic EAE as an excellent model of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis...
- Huizinga R, Heijmans N, Schubert P, Gschmeissner S, t Hart B, Herrmann H, et al. Immunization with neurofilament light protein induces spastic paresis and axonal degeneration in Biozzi ABH mice. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2007;66:295-304 pubmed
- Smith P, Heijmans N, Ouwerling B, Breij E, Evans N, van Noort J, et al. Native myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein promotes severe chronic neurological disease and demyelination in Biozzi ABH mice. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:1311-9 pubmed
- de Lago E, Ligresti A, Ortar G, Morera E, Cabranes A, Pryce G, et al. In vivo pharmacological actions of two novel inhibitors of anandamide cellular uptake. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;484:249-57 pubmed
- Hughes L, Smith P, Bonell S, Natt R, Wilson C, Rashid T, et al. Cross-reactivity between related sequences found in Acinetobacter sp., Pseudomonas aeruginosa, myelin basic protein and myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein in multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2003;144:105-15 pubmed..Further work is required to evaluate the relevance of these cross-reactive antibodies to the neuropathology of MS...
- Verbeek R, van Dongen H, Wawrousek E, Amor S, van Noort J. Induction of EAE by T cells specific for alpha B-crystallin depends on prior viral infection in the CNS. Int Immunol. 2007;19:277-85 pubmed..Our findings indicate that at least in mice, alpha B-crystallin-specific T cells can trigger EAE but only when prior viral infection has induced an inflammatory state in the CNS that helps recruit and activate T cells...
- Petzold A, Baker D, Pryce G, Keir G, Thompson E, Giovannoni G. Quantification of neurodegeneration by measurement of brain-specific proteins. J Neuroimmunol. 2003;138:45-8 pubmed..These assays may facilitate the quantification of pathological features involved in neurodegeneration...