Summary: BONE SCREWS to be used in the pedicle of the vertebral arch.
- Liu X, Ma J, Park P, Huang X, Xie N, Ye X. Biomechanical comparison of multilevel lateral interbody fusion with and without supplementary instrumentation: a three-dimensional finite element study. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017;18:63 pubmed publisher..we compared the kinematic stability afforded by stand-alone lateral cages with those supplemented by bilateral pedicle screws and rods (PSR), unilateral PSR, or lateral plate (LP) fixation using a finite-element (FE) model of a multi-..
- Chen M, Chen J. A Novel Nonpedicular Screw-Based Fixation in Lumbar Spondylolisthesis. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:5619350 pubmed publisher..However, further study is mandatory for proposing a novel anatomic and radiological scoring system to identify patients suitable for this treatment modality and prevent postoperative complications. ..
- Wang J, Lai P, Chen W, Niu C, Tsai T, Chen L. Pedicle screw versus hybrid posterior instrumentation for dystrophic neurofibromatosis scoliosis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6977 pubmed publisher..After long-term follow-up, sagittal correction was maintained with both constructs. However, patients treated with posterior instrumentation using pedicle screw constructs had significantly less loss of coronal correction. ..
- Houten J, Nahkla J, Ghandi S. Image Guidance to Aid Pedicle Screw Fixation of a Lumbar Fracture-Dislocation Injury in a Toddler. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:1041.e15-1041.e17 pubmed publisher..Image-guided placement of pedicle screws may be a useful aid in achieving accurate and safe fixation in the small dimensions of the infant spine.
- Seo D, Kim M, Roh S, Jeon S. Morphological analysis of interbody fusion following posterior lumbar interbody fusion with cages using computed tomography. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7816 pubmed publisher..Widening of the contact area between the vertebral body and cages is recommended to promote increased interbody fusion during the early postoperative period. ..
- Yao X, Liu S. In vitro study of accuracy of subaxial cervical pedicle screw insertion using calipers based on the gravity line. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181324 pubmed publisher..5%) were grade 2 (critical perforation), and 2 (2.3%) were grade 3 (critical perforation). Using our novel calipers and referring to the gravity line was helpful for locating and guiding individual cervical pedicle screw insertions. ..
- Bin Y, De Cheng W, Wei W, Hui L. Muscle gap approach under a minimally invasive channel technique for treating long segmental lumbar spinal stenosis: A retrospective study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7779 pubmed publisher..It retains the integrity of the posterior spine complex to the greatest extent, so as to reduce the adjacent spinal segmental degeneration and soft tissue trauma. Satisfactory short-term and long-term clinical results were obtained. ..
- Wang B, Fan Y, Dong J, Wang H, Wang F, Liu Z, et al. A retrospective study comparing percutaneous and open pedicle screw fixation for thoracolumbar fractures with spinal injuries. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8104 pubmed publisher..PPSF has a smaller incision, less intraoperative blood loss, shorter recovery time, higher safety measures on average compared with OPSF with respect to managing thoracolumbar fractures with spinal injuries. ..
- Rienmüller A, Buchmann N, Kirschke J, Meyer E, Gempt J, Lehmberg J, et al. Accuracy of CT-navigated pedicle screw positioning in the cervical and upper thoracic region with and without prior anterior surgery and ventral plating. Bone Joint J. 2017;99-B:1373-1380 pubmed publisherWe aimed to retrospectively assess the accuracy and safety of CT navigated pedicle screws and to compare accuracy in the cervical and thoracic spine (C2-T8) with (COMB) and without (POST) prior anterior surgery (anterior cervical ..
- Cachon T, Pillard P, Odent T, Carozzo C, Viguier E. Safe corridor for the implantation of thoracolumbar pedicle screws in growing pigs: A morphometric study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184857 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study is to determine the characteristics of the optimum implantation corridors for pedicle screws in the thoracolumbar spine of piglets of different ages using computed tomography (CT) and to determine the ..
- Zeng Z, Wu P, Song Y, Zhang J, Tang H, Ji J. [Unilateral pedicle screw fixation combined with contralateral percutaneous translaminar facet screw fixation and lumbar interbody fusion for the treatment of lower lumbar diseases: an analysis of complications]. Zhongguo Gu Shang. 2016;29:232-41 pubmed..Abundant surgeon's surgical experience, careful operation, and rational use of imaging technique can effectively reduce the incidence of complications. ..
- Miller J, Fabiano A. Comparison of Operative Time with Conventional Fluoroscopy Versus Spinal Neuronavigation in Instrumented Spinal Tumor Surgery. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:412-419 pubmed publisher..There was a trend toward a decrease in estimated blood loss in the neuronavigation cases. ..
- Czabanka M, Haemmerli J, Hecht N, Foehre B, Arden K, Liebig T, et al. Spinal navigation for posterior instrumentation of C1-2 instability using a mobile intraoperative CT scanner. J Neurosurg Spine. 2017;27:268-275 pubmed publisher..2014 to February 2016, 10 consecutive patients with instability of C1-2 underwent posterior fixation using C-2 pedicle screws and C-1 lateral mass screws, and 2 patients underwent posterior fixation from C-1 to C-3...
- Jahangiri F, Sheryar M, Al Behairy Y. Early detection of pedicle screw-related spinal cord injury by continuous intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring (IONM). Neurodiagn J. 2014;54:323-37 pubmed..Total intravenous anesthesia was used. Baseline SSEP and TCeMEP responses were present in all limbs. Eight pedicle screws were placed. After placing the last screw, TCeMEP signals were lost bilaterally in lower extremities...
- Tsirikos A, Mataliotakis G, Bounakis N. Posterior spinal fusion for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis using a convex pedicle screw technique: a novel concept of deformity correction. Bone Joint J. 2017;99-B:1080-1087 pubmed publisher..We reviewed 191 patients with a mean age at surgery of 15 years (11 to 23.3). Pedicle screws were placed at the convexity of each curve...
- Darwazeh R, Liu Q, Deng L, Xia J, Elzain M, Darwazeh M, et al. Surgical Intervention for Unstable Craniovertebral Junction Anomalies with Narrow C2 Pedicle. World Neurosurg. 2017;103:647-654 pubmed publisher..This novel surgical technique is safe, feasible, and effective for the treatment of unstable craniovertebral junction anomalies with a narrow C2 pedicle. ..
- Wu C, Huang Z, Pan Z, Luo J, Li Z, Zhong J, et al. Coronal Multiplane Reconstructed Computed Tomography Image Determining Lateral Vertebral Notch-Referred Pedicle Screw Entry Point in Subaxial Cervical Spine: A Preclinical Study. World Neurosurg. 2017;103:322-329 pubmed publisher..33%. CMRI is reliable for determining subaxial cervical PS entry point. LVN is a consistent landmark for the notch-referred technique, which is a practical and easy to master technique for subaxial cervical spine PS insertion. ..
- Wu M, Dubey N, Lee C, Li Y, Cheng C, Shi C, et al. Application of Intraoperative CT-Guided Navigation in Simultaneous Minimally Invasive Anterior and Posterior Surgery for Infectious Spondylitis. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:2302395 pubmed publisher..The average duration of hospital stay was 48.9 days (range, 11-76). Out of a total of 54 pedicle screws employed, 53 screws (98.1%) were placed accurately. A reduced visual analog scale on back pain (from 8.2 to 2...
- Ye F, Shi J, Hu J, Huang B, Qiu H, Chu T. [CHANGE AND CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF CERVICAL SPINE SAGITTAL ALIGNMENT OF ADOLESCENT IDIOPATHIC SCOLIOSIS]. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2016;30:336-42 pubmed..Attention to properly maintaining or restoring cervical sagittal lordosis alignment should be considered in preoperative evaluation of adolescent indiopathic scoliosis. ..
- Luo M, Li N, Shen M, Xia L. Pedicle screw versus hybrid instrumentation in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: A systematic review and meta-analysis with emphasis on complications and reoperations. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7337 pubmed publisher..As regard to the pedicle screw construct, the most common reasons for reoperation are malposition, deep infection, pseudarthrosis, and prominent implant. ..
- Ringel F, Ryang Y, Kirschke J, Müller B, Wilkens J, Brodard J, et al. Radiolucent Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Pedicle Screws for Treatment of Spinal Tumors: Advantages for Radiation Planning and Follow-Up Imaging. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:294-301 pubmed publisherSurgical treatment of spinal tumors regularly includes spinal instrumentation with pedicle screws. Most modern pedicle screws are made of titanium alloy, which is associated with artifacts on postoperative imaging such as computed ..
- Wang T, Wang H, Ma L, Zhang D, Ding W. Correction of sagittal imbalance in treatment for adult degenerative scoliosis with thoracic lordosis and lumbar kyphosis: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6416 pubmed publisher..Correcting sagittal imbalance is an effective treatment. The surgical outcome is satisfactory. Attention should be paid in sagittal balance for treatment of ADS. We still need further follow-up to observe change of sagittal parameters. ..