Genomes and Genes
Summary: Sharp instruments used for puncturing or suturing.
- Zhou K, Fang J, Wang X, Wang Y, Hong Y, Liu J, et al. Characterization of de qi with electroacupuncture at acupoints with different properties. J Altern Complement Med. 2011;17:1007-13 pubmed publisher..Fullness, numbness, and soreness were the most common and obvious sensations associated with electroacupuncture. The difference of sensation intensities may be associated with different nerve innervations. ..
- Park J, Akazawa M, Ahn J, Beckman Harned S, Lin F, Lee K, et al. Acupuncture sensation during ultrasound guided acupuncture needling. Acupunct Med. 2011;29:257-65 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the new methodology has been proven feasible. A further study with an objective measurement is warranted. ..
- Salih N, Bäumler P, Simang M, Irnich D. Deqi sensations without cutaneous sensory input: results of an RCT. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2010;10:81 pubmed publisher..However, further research is required to understand mechanisms underlying deqi. ..
- Stewart J, Srivastava S, Fung A, Mahmoud T, Telander D, Hariprasad S, et al. Bacterial contamination of needles used for intravitreal injections: a prospective, multicenter study. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2011;19:32-8 pubmed publisherTo determine the incidence of bacterial contamination of needles used for intravitreal injections.
- Mikolajewska P, Donnelly R, Garland M, Morrow D, Singh T, Iani V, et al. Microneedle pre-treatment of human skin improves 5-aminolevulininc acid (ALA)- and 5-aminolevulinic acid methyl ester (MAL)-induced PpIX production for topical photodynamic therapy without increase in pain or erythema. Pharm Res. 2010;27:2213-20 pubmed publisher..MNs are a promising tool for improving the efficiency of topical PDT by improving the cutaneous delivery of ALA and MAL, without increase in side effects. ..
- Bronnec F, Bouillaguet S, Machtou P. Ex vivo assessment of irrigant penetration and renewal during the final irrigation regimen. Int Endod J. 2010;43:663-72 pubmed publisher..To assess irrigant penetration in curved canals after shaping procedures ex vivo...
- Shen Y, Gao Y, Qian W, Ruse N, Zhou X, Wu H, et al. Three-dimensional numeric simulation of root canal irrigant flow with different irrigation needles. J Endod. 2010;36:884-9 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to investigate, by using computational fluid dynamics (CFD), the effect of needle tip design on irrigant flow pattern...
- Benham A, Phillips G, Johnson M. An experimental study on the self-report of acupuncture needle sensation during deep needling with bi-directional rotation. Acupunct Med. 2010;28:16-20 pubmed publisherTraditionally, acupuncturists manipulate needles to enhance sensations referred to as de qi or 'acupuncture needle sensation'. Acupuncture needle sensations are complex and quantifying the experience has been difficult...
- Gill H, Soderholm J, Prausnitz M, Sallberg M. Cutaneous vaccination using microneedles coated with hepatitis C DNA vaccine. Gene Ther. 2010;17:811-4 pubmed publisher..However, no simple and inexpensive cutaneous vaccination method is available. Micron-scale needles coated with DNA were tested as a simple, inexpensive device for skin delivery...
- Gittard S, Ovsianikov A, Monteiro Riviere N, Lusk J, Morel P, Minghetti P, et al. Fabrication of polymer microneedles using a two-photon polymerization and micromolding process. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2009;3:304-11 pubmed
- Constantin A, Brisson M, Kwan J, Proulx F. Percutaneous US-guided renal biopsy: a retrospective study comparing the 16-gauge end-cut and 14-gauge side-notch needles. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2010;21:357-61 pubmed publisherAssess glomerular yield and safety profile of two different types of needles for percutaneous ultrasound-guided kidney biopsy...
- Qiu X, Lu S. [Discussion on reinforcing-reducing manipulations of acupuncture in Internal Classic]. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2009;29:850-3 pubmed..Mastering the reinforcing-reducing manipulations of acupuncture in Internal Classic will contribute to the improvement of therapeutic effects in clinical practice. ..
- Kim Y, Quan F, Yoo D, Compans R, Kang S, Prausnitz M. Improved influenza vaccination in the skin using vaccine coated microneedles. Vaccine. 2009;27:6932-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that vaccination in the skin using a microneedle patch can improve protective immunity, and simplify delivery of influenza and possibly other vaccines. ..
- Donnelly R, Morrow D, Singh T, Migalska K, McCarron P, O Mahony C, et al. Processing difficulties and instability of carbohydrate microneedle arrays. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2009;35:1242-54 pubmed publisher..It is hoped that we have illustrated conclusively the difficulties inherent in the processing and storage of carbohydrate-based dissolving MNs and that those in the industry will now follow alternative approaches. ..
- Stawicki S, Evans D, Cipolla J, Seamon M, Lukaszczyk J, Prosciak M, et al. Retained surgical foreign bodies: a comprehensive review of risks and preventive strategies. Scand J Surg. 2009;98:8-17 pubmed..The authors also explore the relationship between RSFB and surgical training with emphasis on education in early recognition, prevention, and focus on team-oriented training strategies...