Genomes and Genes
Summary: An enzyme that catalyzes the synthesis of phosphatidylcholines from CDPcholine and 1,2-diacylglycerols. EC 22.214.171.124.
- McMaster C, Bell R. CDP-choline:1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1348:100-10 pubmed
- Sousa C, Barros B, Barh D, Ghosh P, Azevedo V, Barros E, et al. In silico characterization of 1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase and lysophospha-tidylcholine acyltransferase genes in Glycine max L. Merrill. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..Putative ami-no acid sequences revealed the presence of transmembrane domains, and analysis of the cellular localization of these enzymes revealed they are located in the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Butler P, Mallampalli R. Cross-talk between remodeling and de novo pathways maintains phospholipid balance through ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:6246-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, cross-talk between phospholipid remodeling and de novo pathways involves ubiquitin-lysosomal processing of a key molecular target that mechanistically provides homeostatic control of cellular PtdCho content. ..
- Francescangeli E, Grassi S, Pettorossi V, Goracci G. Activation of PAF-synthesizing enzymes in rat brain stem slices after LTP induction in the medial vestibular nuclei. Neurochem Res. 2002;27:1465-71 pubmed
- Chatterjee D, Mukherjee S, Das S. Regulation of cholinephosphotransferase by thyroid hormone. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;282:861-4 pubmed..Furthermore, it strengthens our previous finding that yeast CPT and guinea pig CPT have high homology in their sequence as both the oligonucleotide probes gave the similar type of Northern blot in the present study. ..
- Hjelmstad R, Morash S, McMaster C, Bell R. Chimeric enzymes. Structure-function analysis of segments of sn-1,2-diacylglycerol choline- and ethanolaminephosphotransferases. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:20995-1002 pubmed..Analysis of chimeric enzymes dependence on phospholipid activators suggested the involvement of discontinuous protein segments participating in the interaction with phospholipid cofactors. ..
- Fernández Tome M, Kraemer L, Federman S, Favale N, Speziale E, Sterin Speziale N. COX-2-mediated PGD2 synthesis regulates phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis in rat renal papillary tissue. Biochem Pharmacol. 2004;67:245-54 pubmed..as well as nuclear, CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase (CCT), and nuclear-CDP-choline:1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase (CTP) activities were affected by COX-2 inhibition...
- Qi Q, Huang Y, Cutler A, Abrams S, Taylor D. Molecular and biochemical characterization of an aminoalcoholphosphotransferase (AAPT1) from Brassica napus: effects of low temperature and abscisic acid treatments on AAPT expression in Arabidopsis plants and effects of over-expression of BnAAPT1 in. Planta. 2003;217:547-58 pubmed
- Oxley A, Torstensen B, Rustan A, Olsen R. Enzyme activities of intestinal triacylglycerol and phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;141:77-87 pubmed..enterocytes: monoacylglycerol acyltransferase (MGAT), diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT), and diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase (CPT)...
- Roberti R, Mancini A, Freysz L, Binaglia L. Reversibility of the reactions catalyzed by cholinephosphotransferase and ethanolaminephosphotransferase solubilized from rat-brain microsomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1165:183-8 pubmed..Cholinephosphotransferase was inactivated during the chromatographic procedure. ..
- Lochnit G, Geyer R. Evidence for the presence of the Kennedy and Bremer- Greenberg pathways in Caenorhabditis elegans. Acta Biochim Pol. 2003;50:1239-43 pubmed..Investigations on the biosynthesis of these structures provided first biochemical evidence for the presence of the Kennedy and Bremer-Greenberg pathways in the model organism Caenorhabditis elegans. ..
- Percy A, Moore J, Plishker G, Waymire J. Phosphoglyceride biosynthesis in bovine adrenal chromaffin cells. Neurochem Res. 1991;16:505-11 pubmed..The respective activities are stable for up to two weeks of adrenal chromaffin cell culture suggesting that this system is a suitable model for examining the relative roles and the regulation of each pathway in PC formation. ..
- Ford D, Gross R. Differential metabolism of diradyl glycerol molecular subclasses and molecular species by rabbit brain diglyceride kinase. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:12280-6 pubmed
- Slomiany A, Grabska M, Piotrowski E, Sengupta S, Morita M, Kasinathan C, et al. Intracellular processes associated with vesicular transport from endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi and exocytosis: ethanol-induced changes in membrane biogenesis. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1994;310:247-55 pubmed
- Mancini A, Del Rosso F, Roberti R, Orvietani P, Coletti L, Binaglia L. Purification of ethanolaminephosphotransferase from bovine liver microsomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1437:80-92 pubmed..Mg2+-dependent CDP-choline:diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase (EC 126.96.36.199) is completely inactivated during the solubilization and purification steps.
- Hunt A, Fenn H, Clark G, Wright M, Postle A, McMaster C. Lipidomic analysis of the molecular specificity of a cholinephosphotransferase in situ. Biochem Soc Trans. 2004;32:1060-2 pubmed..Spatially distinct molecular specificity of DAG incorporation into cellular PtdCho at the level of hCEPT1 exists in situ. ..
- Alfonso Pecchio A, Cardozo Gizzi A, Renner M, Molina Calavita M, Caputto B. c-Fos activates and physically interacts with specific enzymes of the pathway of synthesis of polyphosphoinositides. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4716-25 pubmed publisher..Both coimmunoprecipitation and fluorescence resonance energy transfer experiments consistently showed a physical interaction between the N-terminal domain of c-Fos and the enzymes it activates. ..
- Klig L, Homann M, Kohlwein S, Kelley M, Henry S, Carman G. Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutant with a partial defect in the synthesis of CDP-diacylglycerol and altered regulation of phospholipid biosynthesis. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:1878-86 pubmed..The cdg1 lesion also caused constitutive expression of inositol-1-phosphate synthase and elevated phosphatidylserine synthase. Phosphatidylinositol synthase was not affected in the cdg1 mutant. ..
- Ghosh A, Akech J, Mukherjee S, Das S. Differential expression of cholinephosphotransferase in normal and cancerous human mammary epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;297:1043-8 pubmed..Biochemical approach also reveals a 1.5-fold stimulation in CPT activity in 11-9-14 cells compared to that of the MCF-12A cells. ..
- Verouti S, Tsoupras A, Alevizopoulou F, Demopoulos C, Iatrou C. Paricalcitol effects on activities and metabolism of platelet activating factor and on inflammatory cytokines in hemodialysis patients. Int J Artif Organs. 2013;36:87-96 pubmed publisher..PAF is a strong inflammatory mediator which is produced during hemodialysis. We studied the effects of paricalcitol on PAF and other inflammatory mediators implicated in chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Sinha Roy S, Mukherjee S, Mukhopadhyay S, Das S. Differential effect of cadmium on cholinephosphotransferase activity in normal and cancerous human mammary epithelial cell lines. Mol Cancer Ther. 2004;3:199-204 pubmed..CPT gene expression increased with cadmium as evident from slot blots. Mutation in the nucleotide sequence was also observed as the result of cadmium but this did not result into amino acid sequence changes. ..
- Boumann H, de Kruijff B, Heck A, de Kroon A. The selective utilization of substrates in vivo by the phosphatidylethanolamine and phosphatidylcholine biosynthetic enzymes Ept1p and Cpt1p in yeast. FEBS Lett. 2004;569:173-7 pubmed
- Detopoulou P, Fragopoulou E, Nomikos T, Antonopoulou S, Kotroyiannis I, Vassiliadou C, et al. Baseline and 6-Week follow-up levels of PAF and activity of its metabolic enzymes in patients with heart failure and healthy volunteers--a pilot study. Angiology. 2013;64:522-8 pubmed publisher..004) and Lp-PLA2 (P < .001) remained elevated compared with the controls. Newly diagnosed patients with HF under drug treatment have an affected profile of PAF biosynthetic enzymes and especially lyso-PAF-AT. ..
- Guan R, Li X, Hofvander P, Zhou X, Wang D, Stymne S, et al. RNAi targeting putative genes in phosphatidylcholine turnover results in significant change in fatty acid composition in Crambe abyssinica seed oil. Lipids. 2015;50:407-16 pubmed publisher..lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase (LPCAT), PDCT1 and PDCT2 encoding phosphatidylcholine:diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase (PDCT), and PDAT encoding phospholipid:diacylglycerol acyltransferase (PDAT) were cloned from ..
- Paoletti L, Elena C, Domizi P, Banchio C. Role of phosphatidylcholine during neuronal differentiation. IUBMB Life. 2011;63:714-20 pubmed publisher..This review updates the mechanism by which phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis takes place and how it is coordinately regulated during neuronal differentiation. ..
- Mercade A, Sanchez A, Folch J. Characterization and physical mapping of the porcine CDS1 and CDS2 genes. Anim Biotechnol. 2007;18:23-35 pubmed..Finally, the CDS1 and CDS2 genes were physically mapped to porcine chromosomes 8 and 17, respectively, by using the INRA, University of Minnesota porcine Radiation Hybrid panel (IMpRH). ..
- Wickramarathna A, Siloto R, Mietkiewska E, Singer S, Pan X, Weselake R. Heterologous expression of flax PHOSPHOLIPID:DIACYLGLYCEROL CHOLINEPHOSPHOTRANSFERASE (PDCT) increases polyunsaturated fatty acid content in yeast and Arabidopsis seeds. BMC Biotechnol. 2015;15:63 pubmed publisher..The recently identified enzyme: phosphatidylcholine diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase (PDCT), catalyzes the interconversion between phosphatidylcholine (PC) and diacylglycerol (DAG), ..
- Jiang Y, Lu B, Xu F, Gartshore J, Taylor W, Halayko A, et al. Stimulation of cardiac cardiolipin biosynthesis by PPARalpha activation. J Lipid Res. 2004;45:244-52 pubmed..This study is the first to demonstrate that CL de novo biosynthesis is regulated by PPARalpha activation. ..
- Chatterjee D, Mukherjee S, Das S. Development and characterization of cholinephosphotransferase antibody. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;285:965-8 pubmed..Further analysis revealed that the antibody inhibited CPT activity in both subcellular fractions in a dose dependent manner, thus confirming the specificity of the antibody against both subcellular CPT. ..
- Carroll J, McCoy D, McGowan S, Salome R, Ryan A, Mallampalli R. Pulmonary-specific expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha alters surfactant lipid metabolism. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2002;282:L735-42 pubmed..Reduced parenchymal PtdCho synthesis appears to be attributed to CCT enzyme that is physiologically inactivated by ceramide or by diminished availability of activating lipids. ..
- McMaster C, Morash S, Bell R. Phospholipid and cation activation of chimaeric choline/ethanolamine phosphotransferases. Biochem J. 1996;313 ( Pt 3):729-35 pubmed
- Monaco M, Feldman M. Extraction and stabilization of mammalian CDP-diacylglycerol synthase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;239:166-70 pubmed..Addition of GTP enhanced the activity approximately 2 fold, and bovine serum albumin increased activity by 6 fold. ..
- Nickels J, Buxeda R, Carman G. Regulation of phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae by CDP-diacylglycerol. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:11018-24 pubmed..These results raised the suggestion that 45-kDa PI 4-kinase activity may be regulated in vivo by CDP-diacylglycerol. ..
- Stith I, Nag S, Mukherjee S, Das S. Effects of centrophenoxine on cholinephosphotransferase activity in maternal and fetal guinea pig lung. Exp Lung Res. 1989;15:587-96 pubmed..Furthermore, while centrophenoxine injection does not change the total phosphatidylcholine content of adult lung, the acyl group composition of phosphatidylcholine was modulated. ..
- Volta M, Bulfone A, Gattuso C, Rossi E, Mariani M, Consalez G, et al. Identification and characterization of CDS2, a mammalian homolog of the Drosophila CDP-diacylglycerol synthase gene. Genomics. 1999;55:68-77 pubmed..Knowledge of the expression pattern of these genes in mammals may shed light on the evolution of vision mechanisms and help in the evaluation of candidate genes for human retinopathies. ..
- Simões A, Roelofsen B, Op den Kamp J. Incorporation of free fatty acids can explain alterations in the molecular species composition of phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamine in human erythrocytes as induced by Plasmodium falciparum. Cell Biol Int Rep. 1992;16:533-45 pubmed
- Haselier A, Akbari H, Weth A, Baumgartner W, Frentzen M. Two closely related genes of Arabidopsis encode plastidial cytidinediphosphate diacylglycerol synthases essential for photoautotrophic growth. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:1372-84 pubmed publisher..Analysis of these Arabidopsis mutants provided further independent evidence for the importance of plastidial phosphatidylglycerol for structure and function of thylakoid membranes and, hence, for photoautotrophic growth. ..
- Mancini A, Roberti R, Binaglia L, el Missiri A, Freysz L. Factors affecting the stability of detergent-solubilized cholinephosphotransferase and ethanolaminephosphotransferase. Membr Biochem. 1993;10:43-52 pubmed..Microsomes were solubilized in buffered detergent solutions containing Mn2+ ions and both CPT and EPT were partially purified in their active form by anion-exchange chromatography. ..
- Pantazi D, Kitsiouli E, Karkabounas A, Trangas T, Nakos G, Lekka M. Dipalmitoyl-phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis is induced by non-injurious mechanical stretch in a model of alveolar type II cells. Lipids. 2013;48:827-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, low magnitude stretch could contribute to protective mechanisms rather than to injurious ones. ..
- Chakraborty A, Das S. Molecular cloning and characterization of the guinea pig cholinephosphotransferase gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:1104-10 pubmed..The probable differences in genomic organization and its expression in different cancer cells have been discussed here having CPT as an important target for cancer drug development. ..
- Sinha Roy S, Mukhopadhyay S, Mukherjee S, Das S. Breast cancer is associated with an increase in the activity and expression of cholinephosphotransferase in rats. Life Sci. 2008;83:661-5 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that increased CPT activity and expression is associated with DMBA-induced breast cancer development. ..
- Wright M, McMaster C. PC and PE synthesis: mixed micellar analysis of the cholinephosphotransferase and ethanolaminephosphotransferase activities of human choline/ethanolamine phosphotransferase 1 (CEPT1). Lipids. 2002;37:663-72 pubmed..The protein kinase C inhibitor chelerythrine and the human DAG kinase inhibitor R59949 both inhibited CEPT1 activity with IC50 values of 40 microM. ..
- Vaandrager A, Houweling M. Effect of ceramides on phospholipid biosynthesis and its implication for apoptosis. Subcell Biochem. 2002;36:207-27 pubmed
- Hoshi K, Fujino S. Difference between effects of chlorpromazine and perphenazine on microsomal phospholipids and enzyme activities in rat liver. J Toxicol Sci. 1992;17:69-79 pubmed..The results imply that an increase of AN hydroxylation activity may involve the incorporation of unsaturated fatty acids into enzyme-associated PC and PE. ..
- Waugh M, Minogue S, Clayton E, Hsuan J. CDP-diacylglycerol phospholipid synthesis in detergent-soluble, non-raft, membrane microdomains of the endoplasmic reticulum. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:2148-58 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that key components of the PI pathway localize to nonraft, phospholipid-synthesizing microdomains of the ER that are also enriched for calnexin. ..
- Krause Y, Krause S, Huang J, Liu C, Hardie R, Weckström M. Light-dependent modulation of Shab channels via phosphoinositide depletion in Drosophila photoreceptors. Neuron. 2008;59:596-607 pubmed publisher..The results indicate a functionally implemented mechanism of Kv channel modulation by PIP(2) in photoreceptors, which enables light-dependent regulation of signal processing by direct coupling to the phototransduction cascade. ..
- Dowhan W. CDP-diacylglycerol synthase of microorganisms. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1348:157-65 pubmed..The combination of information on these synthases from all organisms will lead to a clearer understanding of the role CDP-diacylglycerol plays in cellular processes. ..
- Cui Z, Houweling M. Phosphatidylcholine and cell death. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1585:87-96 pubmed..This review summarizes recent progress in understanding the relationship between PC homeostasis and cell death. ..
- Carman G, Henry S. Phospholipid biosynthesis in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae and interrelationship with other metabolic processes. Prog Lipid Res. 1999;38:361-99 pubmed
- Tsukagoshi Y, Nikawa J, Yamashita S. Molecular cloning and characterization of the gene encoding cholinephosphate cytidylyltransferase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eur J Biochem. 1987;169:477-86 pubmed..coli) and DNA ligase (T4 phage), suggesting that these five enzymes are evolutionarily related. Statistically significant sequence homology was also noted between the human c-fos gene product and the enzyme...
- Tellis C, Pantazi D, Ioachim E, Galani V, Lekka M. Localization of an alkyl-acetyl-glycerol-CDP-choline: cholinephosphotransferase activity in submitochondrial fractions of Tetrahymena pyriformis. Eur J Cell Biol. 2003;82:573-8 pubmed..The main portion of the dithiothreitol-insensitive AAG-CPT was localized in the inner mitochondrial membrane. Our data indicate that mitochondria are able to produce PAF, which might be associated with their function. ..
- Henneberry A, Lagace T, Ridgway N, McMaster C. Phosphatidylcholine synthesis influences the diacylglycerol homeostasis required for SEC14p-dependent Golgi function and cell growth. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:511-20 pubmed..Di8:0 diacylglcyerol did not alter endogenous phospholipid metabolic pathways, nor was it converted to di8:0 phosphatidic acid. ..
- Carrasco M, Segovia J, Marco C. Modulation of biosynthesis of phosphatidylcholine via CDP-choline in rat liver: influence of ethanol on the microsomal cholinephosphotransferase activity. Mol Cell Biochem. 2001;217:43-50 pubmed..The inhibition found on CPT is clearly dependent on the alteration produced by ethanol on the hepatic microsomal membrane. ..
- Liu Y, Wang W, Shui G, Huang X. CDP-diacylglycerol synthetase coordinates cell growth and fat storage through phosphatidylinositol metabolism and the insulin pathway. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004172 pubmed publisher..We also revealed that a DAG-to-PE route mediated by the choline/ethanolamine phosphotransferase Bbc may contribute to the growth of fat cells in CdsA RNAi. ..
- Hazel J. Adaptation to temperature: phospholipid synthesis in hepatocytes of rainbow trout. Am J Physiol. 1990;258:R1495-501 pubmed
- McDonough V, Buxeda R, Bruno M, Ozier Kalogeropoulos O, Adeline M, McMaster C, et al. Regulation of phospholipid biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by CTP. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:18774-80 pubmed..This regulation includes the supple of CTP for the phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase reaction in the CDP-choline pathway and the inhibition of the phosphatidylserine synthase reaction in the CDP-diacylglycerol pathway. ..
- Ribaldi E, Mezzasoma A, Francescangeli E, Prosdocimi M, Nenci G, Goracci G, et al. Inhibition of PAF synthesis by stimulated human polymorphonuclear leucocytes with cloricromene, an inhibitor of phospholipase A2 activation. Br J Pharmacol. 1996;118:1351-8 pubmed
- Osta M, Gannoun Zaki L, Bonnefoy S, Roy C, Vial H. A 24 bp cis-acting element essential for the transcriptional activity of Plasmodium falciparum CDP-diacylglycerol synthase gene promoter. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2002;121:87-98 pubmed..The deletion of the 24 bp element abrogated promoter activity, indicating that this cis-acting sequence element is essential for efficient transcription of the CDS gene. ..
- Sinha Roy S, Mukherjee S, Kabir S, Rajaratnam V, Smith M, Das S. Inhibition of cholinephosphotransferase activity in lung injury induced by 2-chloroethyl ethyl sulfide, a mustard analog. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2005;19:289-97 pubmed..CEES induced ceramide accumulation may thus play an important role in the development of ARDS by modulating CPT enzyme. ..
- Raghu P, Coessens E, Manifava M, Georgiev P, Pettitt T, Wood E, et al. Rhabdomere biogenesis in Drosophila photoreceptors is acutely sensitive to phosphatidic acid levels. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:129-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that PA levels are critical for apical membrane transport events required for rhabdomere biogenesis. ..
- O K, Choy P. Effects of fasting on phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis in hamster liver: regulation of cholinephosphotransferase activity by endogenous argininosuccinate. Biochem J. 1993;289 ( Pt 3):727-33 pubmed
- Shen H, Dowhan W. Reduction of CDP-diacylglycerol synthase activity results in the excretion of inositol by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:29043-8 pubmed..An open reading frame was identified 5' to the CDS1 locus, YBR0314, which also resulted in inositol excretion when present in trans in multiple copies. ..
- Heacock A, Uhler M, Agranoff B. Cloning of CDP-diacylglycerol synthase from a human neuronal cell line. J Neurochem. 1996;67:2200-3 pubmed..Knowledge of the sequence of vertebrate CDP-diacylglycerol synthase should facilitate further investigations into its regulation and the possible existence of distinct isoforms. ..
- Dewey R, Wilson R, Novitzky W, Goode J. The AAPT1 gene of soybean complements a cholinephosphotransferase-deficient mutant of yeast. Plant Cell. 1994;6:1495-507 pubmed publisher..A soybean cDNA encoding an AAPTase that demonstrates high levels of CDP-choline:sn-1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase activity was isolated by complementation of a yeast strain deficient in this function and was ..
- Pan W, Pham V, Stratman A, Castranova D, Kamei M, Kidd K, et al. CDP-diacylglycerol synthetase-controlled phosphoinositide availability limits VEGFA signaling and vascular morphogenesis. Blood. 2012;120:489-98 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that availability of CDS-controlled resynthesis of phosphoinositides is essential for angiogenesis. ..
- Mukherjee S, Das S. Translocator protein (TSPO) in breast cancer. Curr Mol Med. 2012;12:443-57 pubmed..This chapter provides insight into the potential of TSPO as a rational target for the development of novel therapeutics for breast cancer. ..
- Kuchler K, Daum G, Paltauf F. Subcellular and submitochondrial localization of phospholipid-synthesizing enzymes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Bacteriol. 1986;165:901-10 pubmed..Data concerning susceptibility to various inhibitors, heat sensitivity, and the pH optima indicate that there is a close similarity of the mitochondrial and microsomal enzymes that catalyze the same reaction. ..
- Kim Y, Guzmán Hernández M, Balla T. A highly dynamic ER-derived phosphatidylinositol-synthesizing organelle supplies phosphoinositides to cellular membranes. Dev Cell. 2011;21:813-24 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which PtdIns is synthesized in a highly mobile lipid distribution platform and is delivered to other membranes during multiple contacts by yet-to-be-defined lipid transfer mechanisms. ..
- Vance J, Vance D. Does rat liver Golgi have the capacity to synthesize phospholipids for lipoprotein secretion?. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:5898-909 pubmed..preparation contained activities for CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase, CDP-choline:1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase, CDP-ethanolamine:1,2-diacylglycerol ethanolamine-phosphotransferase, phosphatidylethanolamine-N-..
- O K, Siow Y, Choy P. Hamster liver cholinephosphotransferase and ethanolaminephosphotransferase are separate enzymes. Biochem Cell Biol. 1989;67:680-6 pubmedCDP-choline:1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase (EC 188.8.131.52) and CDP-ethanolamine:1,2-diacylglycerol ethanolaminephosphotransferase (EC 2.7.8...
- Hjelmstad R, Bell R. sn-1,2-diacylglycerol choline- and ethanolaminephosphotransferases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleotide sequence of the EPT1 gene and comparison of the CPT1 and EPT1 gene products. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:5094-103 pubmed
- Halford S, Inglis S, Gwilliam R, Spencer P, Mohamed M, Ebenezer N, et al. Genomic organization of human CDS2 and evaluation as a candidate gene for corneal hereditary endothelial dystrophy 2 on chromosome 20p13. Exp Eye Res. 2002;75:619-23 pubmed
- Sohlenkamp C, López Lara I, Geiger O. Biosynthesis of phosphatidylcholine in bacteria. Prog Lipid Res. 2003;42:115-62 pubmed..The occurrence of two intermediates in prokaryotes usually found as intermediates in the eukaryotic CDP-choline pathway for PC biosynthesis raises the question whether some bacteria might form PC via a CDP-choline pathway. ..
- Hjelmstad R, Bell R. The sn-1,2-diacylglycerol ethanolaminephosphotransferase activity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Isolation of mutants and cloning of the EPT1 gene. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:19748-57 pubmed..The sn-1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase activities in membranes prepared from ept1 mutants were reduced 3.5- to 7-fold...
- Chen Y, Chi H, Meesapyodsuk D, Qiu X. Phytophthora infestans cholinephosphotransferase with substrate specificity for very-long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:1573-9 pubmed publisher..These results lead us to conclude that PiCPT1 is a VLCPUFA-specific CPT which may play an important role in shuffling VLCPUFAs from DAG to PC in the biosynthesis of VLCPUFAs in P. infestans. ..
- Hermansson M, Hokynar K, Somerharju P. Mechanisms of glycerophospholipid homeostasis in mammalian cells. Prog Lipid Res. 2011;50:240-57 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the key features of the processes contributing to phospholipid homeostasis in mammalian cells, with a particular emphasis on the regulation and coordination of biosynthesis and degradation. ..
- Lai L, Wang M, Martin O, Leone T, Vega R, Han X, et al. A role for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? coactivator 1 (PGC-1) in the regulation of cardiac mitochondrial phospholipid biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:2250-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the PGC-1/estrogen-related receptor axis coordinately regulates metabolic and membrane structural programs relevant to the maintenance of high capacity mitochondrial function in heart. ..
- Fernández Tome M, Speziale E, Sterin Speziale N. Phospholipase C inhibitors and prostaglandins differentially regulate phosphatidylcholine synthesis in rat renal papilla. Evidence of compartmental regulation of CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase and CDP-choline:1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosph. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1583:185-94 pubmed..CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase (CCT) activity while PGD(2) operates on CDP-choline:1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase (CPT), both activities associated to papillary enriched-nuclei fraction...
- Akech J, Sinha Roy S, Das S. Modulation of cholinephosphotransferase activity in breast cancer cell lines by Ro5-4864, a peripheral benzodiazepine receptor agonist. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333:35-41 pubmed..Biosynthesis of PC was increased in breast cancer cell lines upon treatment. We therefore propose that Ro5-4864 facilitates PC formation, a process important in membrane biogenesis for proliferating cells. ..