Genomes and Genes
proto oncogene proteins c yes
Summary: Members of the src-family tyrosine kinases that are activated during the transition from G2 PHASE to M PHASE of the CELL CYCLE. It is highly homologous to PROTO-ONCOGENE PROTEIN PP60(C-SRC).
- Le Lay S, Li Q, Proschogo N, Rodriguez M, Gunaratnam K, Cartland S, et al. Caveolin-1-dependent and -independent membrane domains. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:1609-20 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the abundance of ordered domains in adherent cells is reduced in Cav1(-/-) compared with WT MEFs, suggesting that cell architecture is critical in maintaining Cav1-induced lipid rafts...
- Lin Y, Huang J, Kan H, Frisbee J, Yu H. Rescue of a trafficking defective human pacemaker channel via a novel mechanism: roles of Src, Fyn, and Yes tyrosine kinases. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30433-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate a novel mechanism using three endogenous Src kinases to rescue a trafficking defective HCN4 mutant channel (D553N) by enhancing the tyrosine phosphorylation of the mutant channel protein. ..
- Konecny G, Glas R, Dering J, Manivong K, Qi J, Finn R, et al. Activity of the multikinase inhibitor dasatinib against ovarian cancer cells. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:1699-708 pubmed publisher..These data provide a clear biological rationale to test dasatinib as a single agent or in combination with chemotherapy in patients with ovarian cancer. ..
- Kubo T, Kuroda Y, Kokubu A, Hosoda F, Arai Y, Hiraoka N, et al. Resequencing analysis of the human tyrosine kinase gene family in pancreatic cancer. Pancreas. 2009;38:e200-6 pubmed publisher..Our genome-wide resequencing approach revealed novel oncogenic pathways in pancreatic cancers. ..
- Lee J, Pyon J, Kim D, Lee S, Nam H, Kim C, et al. Elevated c-Src and c-Yes expression in malignant skin cancers. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:116 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemical staining results of c-Src and c-Yes in MM, SCC, and BCC mirrored those of the western blot analysis. c-Src, rather than c-Yes, plays a key role in the proliferation and progression of malignant skin cancers. ..