Genomes and Genes
tie 1 receptor
Summary: A TIE receptor found predominantly on ENDOTHELIAL CELLS. It is considered essential for vascular development and can form a heterodimer with the TIE-2 RECEPTOR. The TIE-1 receptor may play a role in regulating BLOOD VESSEL stability and maturation.
- Kim I, Kim H, Kim H, Kim H, Park S, Uhm C, et al. Hepatic expression, synthesis and secretion of a novel fibrinogen/angiopoietin-related protein that prevents endothelial-cell apoptosis. Biochem J. 2000;346 Pt 3:603-10 pubmed..These results suggest that HFARP may exert a protective function on endothelial cells through an endocrine action. ..
- Marron M, Singh H, Tahir T, Kavumkal J, Kim H, Koh G, et al. Regulated proteolytic processing of Tie1 modulates ligand responsiveness of the receptor-tyrosine kinase Tie2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30509-17 pubmed..Furthermore the data suggest that regulated processing of Tie1 may be an important mechanism for controlling signaling by Tie2. ..
- Puri M, Partanen J, Rossant J, Bernstein A. Interaction of the TEK and TIE receptor tyrosine kinases during cardiovascular development. Development. 1999;126:4569-80 pubmed..This analysis demonstrates essential functions for TEK and TIE in maintaining the integrity of the mature vasculature. ..
- Saharinen P, Kerkelä K, Ekman N, Marron M, Brindle N, Lee G, et al. Multiple angiopoietin recombinant proteins activate the Tie1 receptor tyrosine kinase and promote its interaction with Tie2. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:239-43 pubmed..These results should be important in dissecting the signal transduction pathways and biological functions of Tie1. ..
- Chen Konak L, Guetta Shubin Y, Yahav H, Shay Salit A, Zilberman M, Binah O, et al. Transcriptional and post-translation regulation of the Tie1 receptor by fluid shear stress changes in vascular endothelial cells. FASEB J. 2003;17:2121-3 pubmed..The rapid down-regulation of Tie1 by shear stress changes and its rapid binding to Tie2 may be required for destabilization of endothelial cells in order to initiate the process of vascular restructuring. ..
- Nakayama T, Yoshizaki A, Kawahara N, Ohtsuru A, Wen C, Fukuda E, et al. Expression of Tie-1 and 2 receptors, and angiopoietin-1, 2 and 4 in gastric carcinoma; immunohistochemical analyses and correlation with clinicopathological factors. Histopathology. 2004;44:232-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that the Tie-Ang receptor-ligand complex is one of the factors involved in the cellular differentiation and progression of human gastric adenocarcinoma. ..
- Purhonen S, Palm J, Rossi D, Kaskenpää N, Rajantie I, Yla Herttuala S, et al. Bone marrow-derived circulating endothelial precursors do not contribute to vascular endothelium and are not needed for tumor growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6620-5 pubmed publisher..Endothelial differentiation is not a typical in vivo function of normal BM-derived stem cells in adults, and it has to be an extremely rare event if it occurs at all. ..
- Hewett P, Daft E, Laughton C, Ahmad S, Ahmed A, Murray J. Selective inhibition of the human tie-1 promoter with triplex-forming oligonucleotides targeted to Ets binding sites. Mol Med. 2006;12:8-16 pubmed
- Gustafsson T, Rundqvist H, Norrbom J, Rullman E, Jansson E, Sundberg C. The influence of physical training on the angiopoietin and VEGF-A systems in human skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;103:1012-20 pubmed..It further establish that hypoxia/ischemia-related metabolic perturbation is likely to be involved as stimuli in this process in human skeletal muscle. ..
- Shyu K, Chang C, Wang B, Kuan P, Chang H. Increased expression of angiopoietin-2 and Tie2 receptor in a rat model of myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion. Clin Sci (Lond). 2003;105:287-94 pubmed..In conclusion, expression of both Ang2 and Tie2 increased after ischaemia/reperfusion in the rat ventricular myocardium, while the expression of Ang1 and Tie1 did not. ..
- Morrow D, Cullen J, Cahill P, Redmond E. Cyclic strain regulates the Notch/CBF-1 signaling pathway in endothelial cells: role in angiogenic activity. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:1289-96 pubmed..This pathway may represent a novel therapeutic target for disease states in which hemodynamic force-induced angiogenesis occurs. ..
- Cheung W, Chen S, Nian G, Lin T. Induction of angiogenesis related genes in the contralateral cortex with a rat three-vessel occlusion model. Chin J Physiol. 2000;43:119-24 pubmed..Nevertheless, the detailed mechanisms and significance of differential expression of these genes and relationship to vascular remodeling remain to be characterized. ..
- Uranishi R, Baev N, Ng P, Kim J, Awad I. Expression of endothelial cell angiogenesis receptors in human cerebrovascular malformations. Neurosurgery. 2001;48:359-67; discussion 367-8 pubmed..ECs of CCMs do not seem to express CD31 to the same extent that AVMs and normal brain tissue do. AVMs and CCMs show greater expression of VEGF receptors, but not of angiopoietin receptors, than normal brain tissue does. ..
- Rodewald H, Sato T. Tie1, a receptor tyrosine kinase essential for vascular endothelial cell integrity, is not critical for the development of hematopoietic cells. Oncogene. 1996;12:397-404 pubmed..3) Tie1-/- fetal liver cells contain long-term (at least 4 months) bone marrow-reconstituting hematopoietic stem cells suggesting that this kinase is not critical for stem cell-engraftment nor self-renewal. ..
- Henke N, Schmidt Ullrich R, Dechend R, Park J, Qadri F, Wellner M, et al. Vascular endothelial cell-specific NF-kappaB suppression attenuates hypertension-induced renal damage. Circ Res. 2007;101:268-76 pubmed..We conclude that in vivo NF-kappaB suppression in endothelial cells stops a signaling cascade leading to reduced hypertension-induced renal damage despite high blood pressure...
- Dal Monte M, Cammalleri M, Martini D, Casini G, Bagnoli P. Antiangiogenic role of somatostatin receptor 2 in a model of hypoxia-induced neovascularization in the retina: results from transgenic mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:3480-9 pubmed..These results suggest that sst(2) may be protective against angiogenesis. The immediate clinical importance lies in the establishment of a potential pharmacological target based on sst(2) pharmacology. ..
- Marron M, Hughes D, McCarthy M, Beaumont E, Brindle N. Tie-1 receptor tyrosine kinase endodomain interaction with SHP2: potential signalling mechanisms and roles in angiogenesis. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2000;476:35-46 pubmed..The potential roles of ectodomain cleavage and cleavage activated signalling in regulating microvessel stability in angiogenesis, vessel remodelling and regression are considered. ..
- Brown L, Dezube B, Tognazzi K, Dvorak H, Yancopoulos G. Expression of Tie1, Tie2, and angiopoietins 1, 2, and 4 in Kaposi's sarcoma and cutaneous angiosarcoma. Am J Pathol. 2000;156:2179-83 pubmed
- Ray P, Sasaki H, Estrada Hernandez T, Zu L, Maulik N. Effects of hypoxia/reoxygenation on angiogenic factors and their tyrosine kinase receptors in the rat myocardium. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2001;3:89-102 pubmed..Such relationships may potentially be utilized in formulating strategies for sequential gene therapy to achieve clinically relevant myocardial angiogenesis. ..
- Woolf A, Yuan H. Angiopoietin growth factors and Tie receptor tyrosine kinases in renal vascular development. Pediatr Nephrol. 2001;16:177-84 pubmed..Finally, preliminary data implicate angiopoietins in deregulated vessel growth in Wilms' kidney tumours and in vascular remodelling after nephrotoxicity. ..
- Tseng L, Hsu C, Wang H, Liu J, Chang H, Lo S, et al. Tie-1 tyrosine kinase is an independent prognostic indicator for invasive breast cancer. Anticancer Res. 2001;21:2163-70 pubmed..5%, 87.7%). We conclude that tie-1 expression is an independent prognostic factor for invasive ductal breast carcinoma, adversely affecting survival of breast cancer patients with positive nodes to a significant extent. ..
- Ramchandran R, Takezako T, Saad Y, Stull L, Fink B, Yamada H, et al. Angiotensinergic stimulation of vascular endothelium in mice causes hypotension, bradycardia, and attenuated angiotensin response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19087-92 pubmed..This control mechanism in vivo most likely is a determinant of altered hemodynamic regulation involved in endothelial dysfunction in hypertensive cardiovascular disease. ..
- Aguayo A, Manshouri T, O BRIEN S, Keating M, Beran M, Koller C, et al. Clinical relevance of Flt1 and Tie1 angiogenesis receptors expression in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Leuk Res. 2001;25:279-85 pubmed..Further studies are now needed to dissect the mechanisms responsible for this phenomenon. ..
- Saharinen P, Eklund L, Miettinen J, Wirkkala R, Anisimov A, Winderlich M, et al. Angiopoietins assemble distinct Tie2 signalling complexes in endothelial cell-cell and cell-matrix contacts. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:527-37 pubmed publisher..This novel type of cellular microenvironment-dependent receptor tyrosine kinase activation may explain some of the effects of angiopoietins in angiogenesis and vessel stabilization. ..
- Porat R, Grunewald M, Globerman A, Itin A, Barshtein G, Alhonen L, et al. Specific induction of tie1 promoter by disturbed flow in atherosclerosis-prone vascular niches and flow-obstructing pathologies. Circ Res. 2004;94:394-401 pubmed..These defined promoter elements might be harnessed for targeting gene expression to atherosclerotic lesions. ..
- Karnani P, Kairemo K. Targeting endothelial growth with monoclonal antibodies against Tie-1 kinase in mouse models. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:3821S-6S pubmed..Targeting to wound is demonstrated with the Tie-1 mAbs. Accordingly, tumor targeting of melanoma is expertized with the same antibodies. ..
- Kim K, Shin I, Kim J, Choi J, Byun J, Jeon E, et al. Interaction between Tie receptors modulates angiogenic activity of angiopoietin2 in endothelial progenitor cells. Cardiovasc Res. 2006;72:394-402 pubmed..Such a cell-dependent differential reactivity of Ang2 was for the first time found to be modulated by physical association between Tie1 and Tie2, which inhibited Ang2-mediated Tie2 activation. ..
- Keogh C, Yu S, Wei L. The effect of recombinant human erythropoietin on neurovasculature repair after focal ischemic stroke in neonatal rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;322:521-8 pubmed..These results suggest for the first time that, in addition to its protection on neural cells, EPO protects ECs and promotes the neurovascular unit repair, which may contribute to its therapeutic benefits after neonatal ischemic stroke. ..
- Stevens M, Dhillon J, Miller C, Messier Solek C, Majeske A, Zuelke D, et al. SpTie1/2 is expressed in coelomocytes, axial organ and embryos of the sea urchin Strongylocentrotus purpuratus, and is an orthologue of vertebrate Tie1 and Tie2. Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:884-95 pubmed publisher..We speculate that SpTie1/2 may be involved in the proliferation of sea urchin immune cells in both adults and embryos...
- Tsiamis A, Morris P, Marron M, Brindle N. Vascular endothelial growth factor modulates the Tie-2:Tie-1 receptor complex. Microvasc Res. 2002;63:149-58 pubmed..Such cross-talk is likely to be important in the coordinate control of blood vessel formation during development and in postnatal angiogenesis. ..
- Marchetti S, Gimond C, Iljin K, Bourcier C, Alitalo K, Pouyssegur J, et al. Endothelial cells genetically selected from differentiating mouse embryonic stem cells incorporate at sites of neovascularization in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:2075-85 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that application of endothelial lineage selection to differentiating ES cells may become a useful approach for future pro-angiogenic and endothelial cell replacement therapies. ..
- Hayashi K, Acosta T, Tetsuka M, Berisha B, Matsui M, Schams D, et al. Involvement of angiopoietin-tie system in bovine follicular development and atresia: messenger RNA expression in theca interna and effect on steroid secretion. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:2078-84 pubmed..The results suggest that the ANPT-Tie system is involved the structural (angiogenesis) and secretory changes that occur during follicular development and atresia. ..
- Campochiaro P. Ocular versus extraocular neovascularization: mirror images or vague resemblances. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:462-74 pubmed
- Shao R, Guo X. Human microvascular endothelial cells immortalized with human telomerase catalytic protein: a model for the study of in vitro angiogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;321:788-94 pubmed..Furthermore, the HMVEC line was found to generate a prominent angiogenic response to periostin, a potent angiogenic factor identified recently. The data indicate that HMVEC may serve as a suitable in vitro endothelium model. ..
- Zimman A, Chen S, Komisopoulou E, Titz B, Martinez Pinna R, Kafi A, et al. Activation of aortic endothelial cells by oxidized phospholipids: a phosphoproteomic analysis. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:2812-24 pubmed publisher..Many changes in protein phosphorylation induced by Ox-PAPC are reported here for the first time and provide new insights into the mechanism of activation by oxidized lipids, including phosphorylation-based signal transduction. ..
- Roberts R, Lin P. Structural and functional optical imaging of angiogenesis in animal models. Methods Enzymol. 2004;386:105-22 pubmed
- Kim S, von Recum H. Endothelial progenitor populations in differentiating embryonic stem cells I: Identification and differentiation kinetics. Tissue Eng Part A. 2009;15:3709-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings show the differentiation kinetics of the various EC promoters and how different endothelial promoters can be used to select distinct subpopulations of ECs and endothelial precursors across a spectrum of differentiation. ..
- Qiao L, Gu Q, Dai Y, Shen Z, Liu X, Qi R, et al. XIAP-associated factor 1 (XAF1) suppresses angiogenesis in mouse endothelial cells. Tumour Biol. 2008;29:122-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that XAF1 possesses a potential antiangiogenesis effect. Suppressed expression of Tie-1, Ang-1, Ang-2 and c-Myc may be mechanistically responsible for the observed antiangiogenesis effect. ..
- Taichman D, Schachtner S, Li Y, Puri M, Bernstein A, Scott Baldwin H. A unique pattern of Tie1 expression in the developing murine lung. Exp Lung Res. 2003;29:113-22 pubmed..This unique pattern of Tie1 gene expression in the embryonic and mature lung supports a distinct role for Tie1 in the development and function of the pulmonary vasculature. ..
- Kämpfer H, Pfeilschifter J, Frank S. Expressional regulation of angiopoietin-1 and -2 and the tie-1 and -2 receptor tyrosine kinases during cutaneous wound healing: a comparative study of normal and impaired repair. Lab Invest. 2001;81:361-73 pubmed
- Fujikawa K, Presman E, Isner J, Varticovski L. Expression of tie1 and tie2 proteins during reendothelialization in balloon-injured rat carotid artery. J Vasc Res. 1999;36:272-81 pubmed..These data suggest that Tie1 and Tie2 may play a role in the maintenance and repair of the adult vascular system and that the expression of these proteins is regulated by cell density. ..
- Kim I, Moon S, Koh K, Kim H, Uhm C, Kwak H, et al. Molecular cloning, expression, and characterization of angiopoietin-related protein. angiopoietin-related protein induces endothelial cell sprouting. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:26523-8 pubmed..Recombinant ARP2 protein induces sprouting in vascular endothelial cells but does not bind to the Tie1 or Tie2 receptor. These results suggest that ARP2 may exert a function on endothelial cells through autocrine or paracrine action. ..
- Franco C, Mericskay M, Parlakian A, Gary Bobo G, Gao Li J, Paulin D, et al. Serum response factor is required for sprouting angiogenesis and vascular integrity. Dev Cell. 2008;15:448-61 pubmed publisher..Moreover, knockdown of SRF in ECs impaired VEGF- and FGF-induced in vitro angiogenesis. Taken together, our results demonstrate that SRF plays an important role in sprouting angiogenesis and small vessel integrity in the mouse embryo. ..
- Boutet S, Quertermous T, Fadel B. Identification of an octamer element required for in vivo expression of the TIE1 gene in endothelial cells. Biochem J. 2001;360:23-9 pubmed
- Tang Y, Borgstrom P, Maynard J, Koziol J, Hu Z, Garen A, et al. Mapping of angiogenic markers for targeting of vectors to tumor vascular endothelial cells. Cancer Gene Ther. 2007;14:346-53 pubmed
- Kim H, Nguyen V, Petrova T, Cruz M, Alitalo K, Dumont D. Embryonic vascular endothelial cells are malleable to reprogramming via Prox1 to a lymphatic gene signature. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Prox1 reprograms vascular endothelial cells in vivo by creating a molecular signature to that of a lymphatic endothelial cell. ..
- Verstovsek S, Estey E, Manshouri T, Keating M, Kantarjian H, Giles F, et al. High expression of the receptor tyrosine kinase Tie-1 in acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome. Leuk Lymphoma. 2001;42:511-6 pubmed..The role of Tie-1 overexpression in the reported increased vascularity in the bone marrow of AML and MDS patients requires further investigation. ..
- Lin T, Nian G, Chen S, Cheung W, Chang C, Lin W, et al. Induction of Tie-1 and Tie-2 receptor protein expression after cerebral ischemia-reperfusion. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2001;21:690-701 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that the evolving expression of angiogenesis genes underlie the robust vascular remodeling after ischemia and reperfusion. ..
- Kayisli U, Cayli S, Seval Y, Tertemiz F, Huppertz B, Demir R. Spatial and temporal distribution of Tie-1 and Tie-2 during very early development of the human placenta. Placenta. 2006;27:648-59 pubmed..Due to their spatial distribution we speculate on an additional role in regulation of villous and extravillous trophoblastic behavior. ..
- Gaspar J, Thai S, Voland C, Dube A, Libermann T, Iruela Arispe M, et al. Opposing functions of the Ets factors NERF and ELF-1 during chicken blood vessel development. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2002;22:1106-12 pubmed..cNERF2 is enriched during embryonic and extraembryonic blood vessel development in the chicken and facilitates tight control of Tie1 and Tie2 gene regulation. ..
- Jostock T, Vanhove M, Brepoels E, Van Gool R, Daukandt M, Wehnert A, et al. Rapid generation of functional human IgG antibodies derived from Fab-on-phage display libraries. J Immunol Methods. 2004;289:65-80 pubmed..Our technology allows the generation and production of antigen-specific complete human antibodies as fast or even faster than raising monoclonal antibodies by conventional hybridoma techniques. ..
- Kivivuori S, Siitonen S, Porkka K, Vettenranta K, Alitalo R, Saarinen Pihkala U. Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 3 and Tie1 tyrosine kinase receptor on acute leukemia cells. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2007;48:387-92 pubmed..Our findings suggest that there are angiogenesis-related differences between pediatric and adult lymphoblastic leukemias as well as between lymphoid and myeloid leukemias. ..
- Christensen R, Fujikawa K, Madore R, Oettgen P, Varticovski L. NERF2, a member of the Ets family of transcription factors, is increased in response to hypoxia and angiopoietin-1: a potential mechanism for Tie2 regulation during hypoxia. J Cell Biochem. 2002;85:505-15 pubmed..In addition, angiopoietin-1 directly induced expression of NERF2 in quiescent cells. These novel findings suggest that angiopoietin-1 regulates expression of NERF2 and its own receptor in hypoxic cells. ..
- Demir R. Expression of VEGF receptors VEFGR-1 and VEGFR-2, angiopoietin receptors Tie-1 and Tie-2 in chorionic villi tree during early pregnancy. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2009;47:435-45 pubmed publisher..Probably, this event may be related to complete vasculugenesis and angiogenesis in placental villi...
- Chan B, Sukhatme V. Suppression of Tie-1 in endothelial cells in vitro induces a change in the genome-wide expression profile reflecting an inflammatory function. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:1023-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results support the notion that Tie-1 has an inflammatory function in endothelial cells. ..
- Sato T, El Assal O, Ono T, Yamanoi A, Dhar D, Nagasue N. Sinusoidal endothelial cell proliferation and expression of angiopoietin/Tie family in regenerating rat liver. J Hepatol. 2001;34:690-8 pubmed..The VEGF family and angiopoietin/Tie system may have distinct roles in angiogenesis, with an enhanced expression of the VEGF family in the early phase of regeneration followed by angiopoietin/Tie expression. ..
- Chan B, Yuan H, Ananth Karumanchi S, Sukhatme V. Receptor tyrosine kinase Tie-1 overexpression in endothelial cells upregulates adhesion molecules. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;371:475-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data show that Tie-1 has a proinflammatory property and may play a role in the endothelial inflammatory diseases such as atherosclerosis. ..
- Lin W, Li A, Chi C, Chung W, Huang C, Lui W, et al. tie-1 protein tyrosine kinase: a novel independent prognostic marker for gastric cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 1999;5:1745-51 pubmed..Our results illustrate the utility of tyrosine kinase gene family profiling in human gastric cancers and show that tie-1 tyrosine kinase may serve as a novel independent prognostic marker for gastric adenocarcinoma patients. ..
- DeLisser H, Helmke B, Cao G, Egan P, Taichman D, Fehrenbach M, et al. Loss of PECAM-1 function impairs alveolarization. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8724-31 pubmed..These data suggest that the loss of PECAM-1 function compromises postnatal lung development and provide evidence that inhibition of EC function, in contrast to a loss of viable EC, inhibits alveolarization. ..
- Gruchała M, Bhardwaj S, Pajusola K, Roy H, Rissanen T, Kokina I, et al. Gene transfer into rabbit arteries with adeno-associated virus and adenovirus vectors. J Gene Med. 2004;6:545-54 pubmed..These distinct properties may be utilized for different applications in vascular biology research and gene therapy for cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Gustafsson E, Brakebusch C, Hietanen K, Fassler R. Tie-1-directed expression of Cre recombinase in endothelial cells of embryoid bodies and transgenic mice. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:671-6 pubmed..These results show that the tie-1-Cre transgenic strain can efficiently direct deletion of floxed genes in endothelial cells in vivo. ..
- Pierce R, Joyce B, Officer S, Heintz C, Moore C, McCurnin D, et al. Retinoids increase lung elastin expression but fail to alter morphology or angiogenesis genes in premature ventilated baboons. Pediatr Res. 2007;61:703-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the small decrease in mortality among premature infants receiving retinoid supplementation may not be mediated through enhanced alveolar development. ..
- Dube A, Thai S, Gaspar J, Rudders S, Libermann T, Iruela Arispe L, et al. Elf-1 is a transcriptional regulator of the Tie2 gene during vascular development. Circ Res. 2001;88:237-44 pubmed..In summary, ELF-1 belongs to a subset of Ets factors that regulate vascular-specific gene expression during blood vessel development. ..
- Shimizu T, Berisha B, Schams D, Miyamoto A. Expression of angiopoietin (ANPT)-1, ANPT-2 and their receptors in dominant follicles during periovulatory period in GnRH-treated cow. Reprod Domest Anim. 2007;42:221-4 pubmed..These results suggest that angiopoietin-Tie system is associated with the initiation of vasculature of follicle that grows towards ovulation. ..
- Beck H, Acker T, Wiessner C, Allegrini P, Plate K. Expression of angiopoietin-1, angiopoietin-2, and tie receptors after middle cerebral artery occlusion in the rat. Am J Pathol. 2000;157:1473-83 pubmed..Our observation of specific stages of vascular regression and growth after MCAO are in agreement with recent findings suggesting a dual role of Ang-2 in blood vessel formation, depending on the availability of VEGF. ..
- Singh H, Brindle N, Zammit V. High glucose and elevated fatty acids suppress signaling by the endothelium protective ligand angiopoietin-1. Microvasc Res. 2010;79:121-7 pubmed publisher..The present findings suggest a mechanism by which increased glucose or fatty acids may suppress vascular protection by Ang1 and predispose to endothelial dysfunction and vascular disease. ..
- Hansen T, Singh H, Tahir T, Brindle N. Effects of angiopoietins-1 and -2 on the receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2 are differentially regulated at the endothelial cell surface. Cell Signal. 2010;22:527-32 pubmed publisher..This provides a mechanism by which signalling through Tie2 can be modified by stimuli in the cellular microenvironment. ..
- D Amico G, Korhonen E, Waltari M, Saharinen P, Laakkonen P, Alitalo K. Loss of endothelial Tie1 receptor impairs lymphatic vessel development-brief report. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:207-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Tie1 is involved in lymphangiogenesis and suggest differential requirements for Tie1 signaling in the two vascular compartments. ..
- Wang R, Zhu X. Expression of angiopoietin-2 and vascular endothelial growth factor in mice cerebral cortex after permanent focal cerebral ischemia. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2002;23:405-11 pubmed..The expressions of An g-2 and VEGF are induced after focal cerebral ischemia, which may contribute to the angiogenic response in the cortex of ischemic brain. ..
- Koblizek T, Runting A, Stacker S, Wilks A, Risau W, Deutsch U. Tie2 receptor expression and phosphorylation in cultured cells and mouse tissues. Eur J Biochem. 1997;244:774-9 pubmed..5 post coitum. ..
- Su D, Gudas L. Retinoic acid receptor gamma activates receptor tyrosine kinase Tie1 gene transcription through transcription factor GATA4 in F9 stem cells. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:624-41 pubmed publisher..An understanding of RAR specificity in RA signaling should result in insights into hematopoietic stem cell signaling and potentially in improved therapies for several human diseases. ..
- Shyu K, Liang Y, Chang H, Wang B, Leu J, Kuan P. Enhanced expression of angiopoietin-2 and the Tie2 receptor but not angiopoietin-1 or the Tie1 receptor in a rat model of myocardial infarction. J Biomed Sci. 2004;11:163-71 pubmed..In conclusion, Ang2 and Tie2 expressions significantly increased both spatial and temporal patterns after myocardial infarction in the rat ventricular myocardium, while Ang1 and Tie1 receptor expression did not. ..
- Rees K, Singh H, Brindle N. The receptor tyrosine kinase Tie1 is expressed and activated in epithelial tumour cell lines. Int J Oncol. 2007;31:893-7 pubmed
- Theurillat J, Hainfellner J, Maddalena A, Weissenberger J, Aguzzi A. Early induction of angiogenetic signals in gliomas of GFAP-v-src transgenic mice. Am J Pathol. 1999;154:581-90 pubmed..Given the close similarities in the progression pattern between GFAP-v-src and human gliomas, the present results suggest that these mice may provide a useful tool for antiangiogenic therapy research. ..
- Ito Y, Yoshida H, Uruno T, Nakano K, Takamura Y, Miya A, et al. Tie-1 tyrosine kinase expression in human thyroid neoplasms. Histopathology. 2004;44:318-22 pubmed..These results suggest that tie-1 has a role in thyroid tumorigenesis, especially in the early phase of papillary carcinoma, but it is not important in the progression of anaplastic carcinoma or follicular tumour. ..
- Steukers M, Schaus J, van Gool R, Hoyoux A, Richalet P, Sexton D, et al. Rapid kinetic-based screening of human Fab fragments. J Immunol Methods. 2006;310:126-35 pubmed..The procedure allows up to 100 clones per week to be screened and permits the identification of a small number of high-affinity Fabs from a large batch obtained following library selection or affinity maturation. ..
- Kilic N, Oliveira Ferrer L, Wurmbach J, Loges S, Chalajour F, Neshat Vahid S, et al. Pro-angiogenic signaling by the endothelial presence of CEACAM1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2361-9 pubmed..Thus, strategies targeting the endothelial up-regulation of CEACAM1 might be promising for antiangiogenic tumor therapy. ..
- Stewart D, Langille B. Tied down by shear force: role for Tie1 in postnatal vascular remodeling?. Circ Res. 2004;94:271-2 pubmed