Genomes and Genes
platelet derived growth factor beta receptor
Summary: A PDGF receptor that binds specifically to the PDGF-B chain. It contains a protein-tyrosine kinase activity that is involved in SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION.
- Rivera G, Antoku S, Gelkop S, Shin N, Hanks S, Pawson T, et al. Requirement of Nck adaptors for actin dynamics and cell migration stimulated by platelet-derived growth factor B. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:9536-41 pubmed..These results suggest that Nck adaptors play an essential role in linking the activated PDGFbetaR with actin dynamics through a pathway that involves p130(Cas). ..
- Zhang J, Cao R, Zhang Y, Jia T, Cao Y, Wahlberg E. Differential roles of PDGFR-alpha and PDGFR-beta in angiogenesis and vessel stability. FASEB J. 2009;23:153-63 pubmed publisher..A combination of PDGF-AB and FGF-2 would be optimal proangiogenic agents for the treatment of ischemic diseases. ..
- Jechlinger M, Sommer A, Moriggl R, Seither P, Kraut N, Capodiecci P, et al. Autocrine PDGFR signaling promotes mammary cancer metastasis. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1561-70 pubmed..Thus, autocrine PDGFR signaling plays an essential role during cancer progression, suggesting a novel application of STI571 to therapeutically interfere with metastasis. ..
- Song S, Ewald A, Stallcup W, Werb Z, Bergers G. PDGFRbeta+ perivascular progenitor cells in tumours regulate pericyte differentiation and vascular survival. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:870-9 pubmed
- Fierro F, Illmer T, Jing D, Schleyer E, Ehninger G, Boxberger S, et al. Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor receptorbeta by imatinib mesylate suppresses proliferation and alters differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells in vitro. Cell Prolif. 2007;40:355-66 pubmed..In summary, inhibition of PDGFRbeta and downstream Akt and Erk signalling by IM has a significant impact on proliferation and differentiation of human MSC in vitro. ..
- Johansson A, Jones J, Pietras K, Kilter S, Skytt A, Rudolfsson S, et al. A stroma targeted therapy enhances castration effects in a transplantable rat prostate cancer model. Prostate. 2007;67:1664-76 pubmed..The stroma in highly differentiated androgen sensitive Dunning tumors is apparently androgen insensitive. If this unresponsive stroma is targeted the effects of castration can be enhanced. ..
- Mathew P, Thall P, Bucana C, Oh W, Morris M, Jones D, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor inhibition and chemotherapy for castration-resistant prostate cancer with bone metastases. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:5816-24 pubmed..099). These clinical and translational results question the value of PDGFR inhibition with taxane chemotherapy in prostate cancer bone metastases and are at variance with the preclinical studies. This discordance requires explanation. ..
- Chen Y, Lu C, Xie W, Zhang X, Zhang Z, Wei L, et al. Effects of ribozyme targeting platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta subunit gene on the proliferation and apoptosis of hepatic stellate cells in vitro. Chin Med J (Engl). 2005;118:982-8 pubmed..These results suggest that inhibiting PDGFR-beta expression of HSC may be a new target for the therapy of liver fibrogenesis, and ribozyme may be a useful tool for inhibiting PDGFR-beta expression. ..
- Lei H, Hovland P, Velez G, Haran A, Gilbertson D, Hirose T, et al. A potential role for PDGF-C in experimental and clinical proliferative vitreoretinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:2335-42 pubmed..Finally, these findings implicate one of the new PDGF family members as an important contributor to experimental and clinical PVR. ..
- French W, Creemers E, Tallquist M. Platelet-derived growth factor receptors direct vascular development independent of vascular smooth muscle cell function. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5646-57 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that PDGF receptors cooperate in the yolk sac mesothelium to direct blood vessel maturation and suggest that these effects are independent of their role in VSMC development...
- Erber R, Thurnher A, Katsen A, Groth G, Kerger H, Hammes H, et al. Combined inhibition of VEGF and PDGF signaling enforces tumor vessel regression by interfering with pericyte-mediated endothelial cell survival mechanisms. FASEB J. 2004;18:338-40 pubmed
- Betsholtz C. Insight into the physiological functions of PDGF through genetic studies in mice. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2004;15:215-28 pubmed..The present review summarizes these findings and discusses their implications for mammalian development and disease. ..
- Tallquist M, French W, Soriano P. Additive effects of PDGF receptor beta signaling pathways in vascular smooth muscle cell development. PLoS Biol. 2003;1:E52 pubmed..The combined in vivo and biochemical data suggest that the summation of pathways associated with the PDGFRbeta signal transduction determines the expansion of developing v/p cells. ..
- Beljaars L, Weert B, Geerts A, Meijer D, Poelstra K. The preferential homing of a platelet derived growth factor receptor-recognizing macromolecule to fibroblast-like cells in fibrotic tissue. Biochem Pharmacol. 2003;66:1307-17 pubmed..These results indicate that pPB-HSA may be applied as a macromolecular drug-carrier that accumulates specifically in cells expressing the PDGF-beta receptor, thus allowing a selective delivery of anti-fibrotic agents to these cells. ..
- Plattner R, Koleske A, Kazlauskas A, Pendergast A. Bidirectional signaling links the Abelson kinases to the platelet-derived growth factor receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2573-83 pubmed..These data show that, although both kinases are activated and form complexes with proteins in the PDGFR signaling pathway, only c-Abl functions downstream of PLC-gamma1 to mediate chemotaxis. ..
- Kallin A, Demoulin J, Nishida K, Hirano T, Ronnstrand L, Heldin C. Gab1 contributes to cytoskeletal reorganization and chemotaxis in response to platelet-derived growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17897-904 pubmed..In conclusion, Gab1 plays a selective role in the regulation of the mitogen-activated protein kinases Erk and p38 downstream of the PDGF beta-receptor, and contributes to cytoskeletal reorganization and chemotaxis in response to PDGF. ..
- Jones A, Cross N. Oncogenic derivatives of platelet-derived growth factor receptors. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2004;61:2912-23 pubmed..PDGFR signalling is inhibited by imatinib mesylate, and this compound has clear clinical activity in patients with myeloid malignancies, GIST and DFSP. ..
- Bonner J. Regulation of PDGF and its receptors in fibrotic diseases. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2004;15:255-73 pubmed..This review summarizes the literature on the role of PDGF and its receptors in the development of fibrosis in a variety of organ systems, including lung, liver, kidney, and skin. ..
- Fredriksson L, Li H, Eriksson U. The PDGF family: four gene products form five dimeric isoforms. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2004;15:197-204 pubmed..The discovery of two additional ligands for the two PDGF receptors suggests that PDGF-mediated cellular signaling is more complex than previously thought. ..
- Furuhashi M, Sjoblom T, Abramsson A, Ellingsen J, Micke P, Li H, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor production by B16 melanoma cells leads to increased pericyte abundance in tumors and an associated increase in tumor growth rate. Cancer Res. 2004;64:2725-33 pubmed..Our findings thus demonstrate that paracrine PDGF production stimulates pericyte recruitment to tumor vessels and suggest that pericyte abundance influences tumor cell apoptosis and tumor growth. ..
- Borkham Kamphorst E, Herrmann J, Stoll D, Treptau J, Gressner A, Weiskirchen R. Dominant-negative soluble PDGF-beta receptor inhibits hepatic stellate cell activation and attenuates liver fibrosis. Lab Invest. 2004;84:766-77 pubmed
- Borkham Kamphorst E, Stoll D, Gressner A, Weiskirchen R. Inhibitory effect of soluble PDGF-beta receptor in culture-activated hepatic stellate cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;317:451-62 pubmed..In summary, sPDGFRbeta clearly shows effective inhibitory properties in early HSC activation, suggesting potential therapeutic impact for anti-PDGF intervention in liver fibrogenesis. ..
- Abramsson A, Lindblom P, Betsholtz C. Endothelial and nonendothelial sources of PDGF-B regulate pericyte recruitment and influence vascular pattern formation in tumors. J Clin Invest. 2003;112:1142-51 pubmed..Our data support the notion that pericytes serve an important function in tumor vessels and highlight PDGF-B and PDGF-Rbeta as promising molecular targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Casali P, Messina A, Stacchiotti S, Tamborini E, Crippa F, Gronchi A, et al. Imatinib mesylate in chordoma. Cancer. 2004;101:2086-97 pubmed..The benefit to the patient entailed by this pattern of tumor response in chordoma needs to be elucidated, but may be limited in the presence of significant local disease. ..
- Chiara F, Goumans M, Forsberg H, Ahgren A, Rasola A, Aspenstrom P, et al. A gain of function mutation in the activation loop of platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor deregulates its kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42516-27 pubmed..Our findings support a model whereby an activating point mutation results in a deregulated PDGFRbeta with oncogenic predisposition. ..
- Akiyama N, Naruse K, Kobayashi Y, Nakamura N, Hamada Y, Nakashima E, et al. High glucose-induced upregulation of Rho/Rho-kinase via platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta increases migration of aortic smooth muscle cells. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:326-32 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of Rho/Rho-kinase may be a new target for the treatment of diabetic macroangiopathy. ..
- Hagens W, Mattos A, Greupink R, de Jager Krikken A, Reker Smit C, van Loenen Weemaes A, et al. Targeting 15d-prostaglandin J2 to hepatic stellate cells: two options evaluated. Pharm Res. 2007;24:566-74 pubmed..Both carriers differ with respect to receptor specificity, leading to differences in intrahepatic distribution. Nevertheless, both carriers can be used to deliver the apoptosis-inducing drug 15dPGJ2 to HSC in vivo. ..
- Gorello P, La Starza R, Brandimarte L, Trisolini S, Pierini V, Crescenzi B, et al. A PDGFRB-positive acute myeloid malignancy with a new t(5;12)(q33;p13.3) involving the ERC1 gene. Leukemia. 2008;22:216-8 pubmed
- Gaengel K, Genove G, Armulik A, Betsholtz C. Endothelial-mural cell signaling in vascular development and angiogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:630-8 pubmed publisher..We further reflect recent data suggesting an important function for Notch3 signaling in mural cell maturation. ..
- Kelly K, Swords R, Mahalingam D, Padmanabhan S, Giles F. Serosal inflammation (pleural and pericardial effusions) related to tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Target Oncol. 2009;4:99-105 pubmed publisher..The development of serosal inflammation with dasatinib poses a significant challenge to physicians, as it cannot be predicted, the time of onset is variable, and management frequently requires repeat invasive procedures...
- Voutsinas G, Stravopodis D. Molecular targeting and gene delivery in bladder cancer therapy. J BUON. 2009;14 Suppl 1:S69-78 pubmed..While the major problems of both targeted and gene therapy are far from being solved yet, both lines of cancer therapy hold promising results. This article aims at providing a brief general overview of this broad subject. ..
- Huang L, Cohen A, Colman H, Jensen R, Fults D, Couldwell W. IGFBP2 expression predicts IDH-mutant glioma patient survival. Oncotarget. 2017;8:191-202 pubmed publisher..We propose therefore that an unexpected biological consequence of IDH mutations in glioma is to ameliorate patient survival by promoting tumor-suppressor signaling while inhibiting that of oncogenes, particularly IGFBP2. ..
- Wurdinger T, Tannous B, Saydam O, Skog J, Grau S, Soutschek J, et al. miR-296 regulates growth factor receptor overexpression in angiogenic endothelial cells. Cancer Cell. 2008;14:382-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, inhibition of miR-296 with antagomirs reduces angiogenesis in tumor xenografts in vivo. ..
- Koos B, Paulsson J, Jarvius M, Sanchez B, Wrede B, Mertsch S, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor expression and activation in choroid plexus tumors. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:1631-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, this study demonstrates the feasibility and usefulness of in situ proximity ligation assay for monitoring receptor tyrosine kinase activation in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded, archival tissues. ..
- Roy A, Liu X, Pahan K. Myelin basic protein-primed T cells induce neurotrophins in glial cells via alphavbeta3 [corrected] integrin. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32222-32 pubmed
- Eng E, Holgren C, Hubchak S, Naaz P, Schnaper H. Hypoxia regulates PDGF-B interactions between glomerular capillary endothelial and mesangial cells. Kidney Int. 2005;68:695-703 pubmed..These hypoxia-regulated interactions may be important during glomerulogenesis in fetal life and during the pathogenesis of adult glomerular disease. ..
- Raja U, Gopal G, Shirley S, Ramakrishnan A, Rajkumar T. Immunohistochemical expression and localization of cytokines/chemokines/growth factors in gastric cancer. Cytokine. 2017;89:82-90 pubmed publisher..The expression of cytokine/chemokine/growth factor markers is higher in the gastric tumor stroma compared to the normal gastric stroma and PDGFRB and SPP1 may serve as potential prognostic factors in gastric cancer. ..
- Yamamoto H, Tsuruoka S, Ioka T, Ando H, Ito C, Akimoto T, et al. Indoxyl sulfate stimulates proliferation of rat vascular smooth muscle cells. Kidney Int. 2006;69:1780-5 pubmed..We conclude that IS directly stimulates rat VSMC proliferation and activates MAPK in vitro. This might be one of the mechanisms underlying the progression of atherosclerotic lesions in end-stage renal disease patients. ..
- Toffalini F, Kallin A, Vandenberghe P, Pierre P, Michaux L, Cools J, et al. The fusion proteins TEL-PDGFRbeta and FIP1L1-PDGFRalpha escape ubiquitination and degradation. Haematologica. 2009;94:1085-93 pubmed publisher..We have shown that chimeric receptor tyrosine kinases escape ubiquitination and down-regulation and that their stabilization is critical to efficient stimulation of cell proliferation. ..
- Pouget C, Pottin K, Jaffredo T. Sclerotomal origin of vascular smooth muscle cells and pericytes in the embryo. Dev Biol. 2008;315:437-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, out data point out to the critical role of the somite in vessel formation and demonstrate that vSMC and endothelial cells originate from two independent somitic compartments. ..
- Suzuki S, Heldin C, Heuchel R. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta, carrying the activating mutation D849N, accelerates the establishment of B16 melanoma. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:224 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the activated PDGFR-beta (D849N) in the host animal increased the total vessel area and the average vessel surface even in PDGF-negative tumors, resulting in a shorter lag phase during tumor establishment. ..
- Zhang G, Zhang Y, Wu J, Chen Y, Ma Z. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Patient with Variant ATF7IP/PDGFRB Fusion and Favorable Response to Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Treatment: A Case Report. Am J Case Rep. 2017;18:1204-1208 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS Ph-like ALL patient with an ATF7IP/PDGFRB fusion is rare, but can benefit from TKI therapy. ..
- Simakajornboon N, Kuptanon T. Maturational changes in neuromodulation of central pathways underlying hypoxic ventilatory response. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2005;149:273-86 pubmed..Perturbation of these developmental processes may result in short-term or sustained alterations to the HVR and may also affect neuronal survival during hypoxia. ..
- Mocanu J, Yip K, Alajez N, Shi W, Li J, Lunt S, et al. Imaging the modulation of adenoviral kinetics and biodistribution for cancer gene therapy. Mol Ther. 2007;15:921-9 pubmed..This study reports the favorable modulation by STI571 of the biodistribution of adenoviral vectors, providing a potential approach to improving therapeutic outcome. ..
- Wu E, Palmer N, Tian Z, Moseman A, Galdzicki M, Wang X, et al. Comprehensive dissection of PDGF-PDGFR signaling pathways in PDGFR genetically defined cells. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3794 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, some signaling is solely modulated through heterodimeric PDGFRalpha/beta. ..
- Sanborn R, Blanke C. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors and the evolution of targeted therapy. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2005;3:647-57 pubmed..Whether this new era of targeted therapy will provide the same advances in more common malignancies will be determined only through the ongoing application and development of clinical trials. ..
- Zernecke A, Schober A, Bot I, von Hundelshausen P, Liehn E, Möpps B, et al. SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 axis is instrumental in neointimal hyperplasia and recruitment of smooth muscle progenitor cells. Circ Res. 2005;96:784-91 pubmed
- Vladareanu A, Muller Tidow C, Bumbea H, Radesi S. Molecular markers guide diagnosis and treatment in Philadelphia chromosome-negative myeloproliferative disorders (Review). Oncol Rep. 2010;23:595-604 pubmed..A description of the origin, clinical correlations and role in diagnosis and therapy is provided for each of these molecular markers. ..
- Pillay V, Allaf L, Wilding A, Donoghue J, Court N, Greenall S, et al. The plasticity of oncogene addiction: implications for targeted therapies directed to receptor tyrosine kinases. Neoplasia. 2009;11:448-58, 2 p following 458 pubmed..Consequently, inhibition of a dominant oncogene by targeted therapy can alter the hierarchy of RTKs resulting in rapid therapeutic resistance. ..
- Bird S, Walker R, Legge M. l-Cysteine improves survival and growth of mesothelial cells after freezing. Cell Biol Int. 2009;33:1155-64 pubmed publisher..The addition of reduced thiols to culture media may have wider application in survival and enhance cell-based therapies. ..
- Paniagua R, Sharpe O, Ho P, Chan S, Chang A, Higgins J, et al. Selective tyrosine kinase inhibition by imatinib mesylate for the treatment of autoimmune arthritis. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2633-42 pubmed..Imatinib-mediated inhibition of a spectrum of signal transduction pathways and the downstream pathogenic cellular responses may provide a powerful approach to treat RA and other inflammatory diseases. ..
- Shim A, Liu H, Focia P, Chen X, Lin P, He X. Structures of a platelet-derived growth factor/propeptide complex and a platelet-derived growth factor/receptor complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11307-12 pubmed publisher..The structural and biochemical data together offer insights into PDGF-PDGFR signaling, as well as strategies for PDGF-antagonism. ..
- Nielsen M, Christensen S, Hoffmann E. Effects of osmotic stress on the activity of MAPKs and PDGFR-beta-mediated signal transduction in NIH-3T3 fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;294:C1046-55 pubmed publisher..It is thus likely that cell swelling via activation of ERK1/2 and cell shrinkage via activation of the p38 and JNK pathway and inhibition of the PDGFR signaling pathway may act as key players in the regulation of tissue homeostasis. ..
- Shinohara E, Gonzalez A, Massion P, Olson S, Albert J, Shyr Y, et al. PDGFR-beta expression in small cell lung cancer patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007;67:431-7 pubmed..538). The present study found that the majority of SCLC patients express, at least, a low level of PDGF-beta. However, the level of PDGFR-beta expression was not a statistically significant predictor of 5 year overall survival in SCLC. ..
- Shimizu H, Nakagawa Y, Murakami C, Aoki N, Kim Mitsuyama S, Miyazaki H. Protein tyrosine phosphatase PTPepsilonM negatively regulates PDGF beta-receptor signaling induced by high glucose and PDGF in vascular smooth muscle cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C1144-52 pubmed publisher..Therefore, PTP?M negatively regulates PDGFR?-mediated signaling pathways that are crucial for the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis, and PTP?M may be involved in diabetes-accelerated atherosclerosis. ..
- Theisen C, Wahl J, Johnson K, Wheelock M. NHERF links the N-cadherin/catenin complex to the platelet-derived growth factor receptor to modulate the actin cytoskeleton and regulate cell motility. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1220-32 pubmed..These studies implicate N-cadherin and beta-catenin in cell migration via PDGF-R-mediated signaling through the scaffolding molecule NHERF. ..
- Ishii Y, Oya T, Zheng L, Gao Z, Kawaguchi M, Sabit H, et al. Mouse brains deficient in neuronal PDGF receptor-beta develop normally but are vulnerable to injury. J Neurochem. 2006;98:588-600 pubmed..Our results clearly demonstrate that PDGFR-beta expressed in neurons protects them from cryogenic injury and NMDA-induced excitotoxicity. ..
- Eskens F, Steeghs N, Verweij J, Bloem J, Christensen O, van Doorn L, et al. Phase I dose escalation study of telatinib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 and 3, platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta, and c-Kit, in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumors. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:4169-76 pubmed publisher..9% of patients. Telatinib was safe and well tolerated up to 1,500 mg twice daily. Based on pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic end points, telatinib 900 mg twice daily is the recommended dose for subsequent phase II studies. ..
- Kim R, Emi M, Arihiro K, Tanabe K, Uchida Y, Toge T. Chemosensitization by STI571 targeting the platelet-derived growth factor/platelet-derived growth factor receptor-signaling pathway in the tumor progression and angiogenesis of gastric carcinoma. Cancer. 2005;103:1800-9 pubmed..STI571 was an effective chemosensitizer of antitumor drugs, such as 5-FU and paclitaxel for gastric carcinoma, targeting the PDGF/PDGFR-signaling pathway of tumor cells and stromal cells in disease progression and angiogenesis. ..
- Micke P, Hackbusch D, Mercan S, Stawowy P, Tsuprykov O, Unger T, et al. Regulation of tyrosine phosphatases in the adventitia during vascular remodelling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:678-84 pubmed publisher..The expression dynamics of specific PTPs indicate a regulatory role of PDGF-signalling also in the adventitia during vascular remodelling. ..
- Benny O, Menon L, Ariel G, Goren E, Kim S, Stewman C, et al. Local delivery of poly lactic-co-glycolic acid microspheres containing imatinib mesylate inhibits intracranial xenograft glioma growth. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:1222-31 pubmed publisher..c. model and induction of apoptosis in an intracranial model. This is the first study to show the therapeutic efficacy of the local delivery of imatinib mesylate using a polymeric delivery system. ..
- Weigel M, Meinhold Heerlein I, Bauerschlag D, Schem C, Bauer M, Jonat W, et al. Combination of imatinib and vinorelbine enhances cell growth inhibition in breast cancer cells via PDGFR beta signalling. Cancer Lett. 2009;273:70-9 pubmed publisher..The growth inhibitory effect of imatinib on breast cell lines may be caused by inhibiting the activity of the tyrosine kinases PDGFR beta and Akt. Imatinib is a promising novel drug for targeted therapy of breast cancer patients. ..
- Comeau J, Costantino S, Wiseman P. A guide to accurate fluorescence microscopy colocalization measurements. Biophys J. 2006;91:4611-22 pubmed
- Floege J, Eitner F, Alpers C. A new look at platelet-derived growth factor in renal disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;19:12-23 pubmed..Accordingly, targeted intervention against the various PDGF isoforms offers a promising novel therapeutic approach to renal disease. ..
- David M, Cross N, Burgstaller S, Chase A, Curtis C, Dang R, et al. Durable responses to imatinib in patients with PDGFRB fusion gene-positive and BCR-ABL-negative chronic myeloproliferative disorders. Blood. 2007;109:61-4 pubmed..Our data show that durable hematologic and cytogenetic responses are achieved with imatinib in patients with PDGFRB fusion-positive, BCR-ABL-negative CMPDs. ..
- Gangjee A, Zhao Y, Raghavan S, Ihnat M, Disch B. Design, synthesis and evaluation of 2-amino-4-m-bromoanilino-6-arylmethyl-7H-pyrrolo[2,3-d]pyrimidines as tyrosine kinase inhibitors and antiangiogenic agents. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:5261-73 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory data against the RTKs in this study demonstrates that methylation of the 4-NH and/or the 7-NH influences both the specificity and potency of RTK inhibition. ..
- Fthenou E, Zafiropoulos A, Katonis P, Tsatsakis A, Karamanos N, Tzanakakis G. Chondroitin sulfate prevents platelet derived growth factor-mediated phosphorylation of PDGF-Rbeta in normal human fibroblasts severely impairing mitogenic responses. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:1866-76 pubmed..These results demonstrate, for the first time, that CS either soluble or surface bound downregulates the mitogenic responses of PDGF-BB in normal human lung fibroblasts through the reduction of PDGF-Rbeta phosphorylation. ..
- Hori Y, Fukumoto M, Kuroda Y. Enrichment of putative pancreatic progenitor cells from mice by sorting for prominin1 (CD133) and platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2912-20 pubmed publisher..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Kim T, Moon J, Savard C, Kuver R, Lee S. Effects of lipopolysaccharide on platelet-derived growth factor isoform and receptor expression in cultured rat common bile duct fibroblasts and cholangiocytes. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:1218-25 pubmed..Intracellular and secreted PDGF-AB increased with LPS treatment in NRC. These results support a model in which chronic bacterial colonization of the biliary tree induces fibrosis through PDGF-dependent mechanisms. ..
- Chung R, Foster B, Zannettino A, Xian C. Potential roles of growth factor PDGF-BB in the bony repair of injured growth plate. Bone. 2009;44:878-85 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PDGF-BB contributes to growth plate injury repair by promoting mesenchymal progenitor cell infiltration, the chondrogenic and osteogenic responses, and remodelling of the repair tissues. ..
- Zhou L, Takayama Y, Boucher P, Tallquist M, Herz J. LRP1 regulates architecture of the vascular wall by controlling PDGFRbeta-dependent phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6922 pubmed publisher..Thus, regulation of PI3 Kinase by PDGFRbeta is essential for maintaining vascular integrity, and for the prevention of atherosclerosis as well as Marfan syndrome. ..
- Müller A, Martens U, Hofmann S, Bruckner Tuderman L, Mertelsmann R, Lubbert M. Imatinib mesylate as a novel treatment option for hypereosinophilic syndrome: two case reports and a comprehensive review of the literature. Ann Hematol. 2006;85:1-16 pubmed..We particularly address the issue of organ involvement and specific characteristics of the variable clinical pictures. In addition, two cases will be presented, which illustrate typical clinical scenarios and treatment outcome. ..
- Siegbahn A, Johnell M, Nordin A, Aberg M, Velling T. TF/FVIIa transactivate PDGFRbeta to regulate PDGF-BB-induced chemotaxis in different cell types: involvement of Src and PLC. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:135-41 pubmed..Similar behavior of 3 principally different cell types in our experimental setup may reflect a general function of TF in regulation of cell migration. ..
- Liang M, Wang H, Zhang Y, Lu S, Wang Z. Expression and functional analysis of platelet-derived growth factor in uterine leiomyomata. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:28-33 pubmed..PDGF may play a role in the pathogenesis of leiomyomas through a mechanism involved in not only the proliferation of leiomyoma cells but also excessive expression of extra cellular molecules. ..
- Tang M, Li D. [Expression and gene mutation of phospho-platelet derived growth factor receptor alpha and C-kit in gastrointestinal and extra-gastrointestinal stromal tumors]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2008;11:80-3 pubmed..Phosphorylated protein induced by PDGFR-alpha mutation may be associated with the important alternative molecular mechanism and the biological behavior of GIST development. ..
- Ioannou M, Demertzis N, Iakovidou I, Kottakis S. The role of imatinib mesylate in adjuvant therapy of extra-abdominal desmoid tumors. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:1143-7 pubmed..Molecular biological analysis for the identification of KIT and PDGFR mutation should be performed before imatinib mesylate is included in any treatment protocol. ..