Genomes and Genes
Summary: An eph family receptor found widely expressed in embryonic and adult tissues. High levels of EphB2 receptor are observed in growing AXONS and NERVE FIBERS. Several isoforms of the protein exist due to multiple alternative mRNA splicing.
- Guo D, Zhang J, Yuen S, Tsui W, Chan A, Ho C, et al. Reduced expression of EphB2 that parallels invasion and metastasis in colorectal tumours. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:454-64 pubmed..that overexpression of EphB2 inhibited colon cancer cell growth in colony formation assay and activation of EphB2 receptor inhibited colon cancer cell adhesion and migration...
- Alazzouzi H, Davalos V, Kokko A, Domingo E, Woerner S, Wilson A, et al. Mechanisms of inactivation of the receptor tyrosine kinase EPHB2 in colorectal tumors. Cancer Res. 2005;65:10170-3 pubmed
- Lin K, Sloniowski S, Ethell D, Ethell I. Ephrin-B2-induced cleavage of EphB2 receptor is mediated by matrix metalloproteinases to trigger cell repulsion. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28969-79 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence that MMP-mediated cleavage of EphB2 is induced by receptor-ligand interactions at the cell surface and that this event triggers cell-repulsive responses. ..
- Kokko A, Laiho P, Lehtonen R, Korja S, Carvajal Carmona L, Jarvinen H, et al. EPHB2 germline variants in patients with colorectal cancer or hyperplastic polyposis. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:145 pubmed..The results suggest a limited role for these EPHB2 variants in colon tumor predisposition. Further studies including functional analyses are needed to confirm this. ..
- Thanos C, Goodwill K, Bowie J. Oligomeric structure of the human EphB2 receptor SAM domain. Science. 1999;283:833-6 pubmed..A second interface is composed of the carboxyl-terminal helix and a nearby loop. A possible oligomer, constructed from a combination of these binding modes, may provide a platform for the formation of larger protein complexes. ..
- Holmberg J, Genander M, Halford M, Annerén C, Sondell M, Chumley M, et al. EphB receptors coordinate migration and proliferation in the intestinal stem cell niche. Cell. 2006;125:1151-63 pubmed..These data establish EphB receptors as key coordinators of migration and proliferation in the intestinal stem cell niche. ..
- Hock B, Böhme B, Karn T, Yamamoto T, Kaibuchi K, Holtrich U, et al. PDZ-domain-mediated interaction of the Eph-related receptor tyrosine kinase EphB3 and the ras-binding protein AF6 depends on the kinase activity of the receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:9779-84 pubmed
- Zogopoulos G, Jorgensen C, Bacani J, Montpetit A, Lepage P, Ferretti V, et al. Germline EPHB2 receptor variants in familial colorectal cancer. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2885 pubmed publisher..Rare germline EPHB2 variants may contribute to a small fraction of hereditary colorectal cancer. ..
- Nakada M, Niska J, Miyamori H, McDonough W, Wu J, Sato H, et al. The phosphorylation of EphB2 receptor regulates migration and invasion of human glioma cells. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3179-85 pubmed..Dysregulation of EphB2 expression or function may underlie glioma invasion. ..
- Holash J, Soans C, Chong L, Shao H, Dixit V, Pasquale E. Reciprocal expression of the Eph receptor Cek5 and its ligand(s) in the early retina. Dev Biol. 1997;182:256-69 pubmed
- Zisch A, Pazzagli C, Freeman A, Schneller M, Hadman M, Smith J, et al. Replacing two conserved tyrosines of the EphB2 receptor with glutamic acid prevents binding of SH2 domains without abrogating kinase activity and biological responses. Oncogene. 2000;19:177-87 pubmed..These results suggest that phosphorylation of tyrosines 605 and 611 is critical for EphB2-mediated cellular responses because it regulates EphB2 kinase activity. ..
- Wybenga Groot L, Baskin B, Ong S, Tong J, Pawson T, Sicheri F. Structural basis for autoinhibition of the Ephb2 receptor tyrosine kinase by the unphosphorylated juxtamembrane region. Cell. 2001;106:745-57 pubmed..We propose that the autoinhibitory mechanism employed by EphB2 is a more general device through which receptor tyrosine kinases are controlled. ..
- Ethell I, Irie F, Kalo M, Couchman J, Pasquale E, Yamaguchi Y. EphB/syndecan-2 signaling in dendritic spine morphogenesis. Neuron. 2001;31:1001-13 pubmed..We demonstrate here that the EphB2 receptor tyrosine kinase phosphorylates syndecan-2 and that this phosphorylation event is crucial for syndecan-2 ..
- Holland S, Gale N, Gish G, Roth R, Songyang Z, Cantley L, et al. Juxtamembrane tyrosine residues couple the Eph family receptor EphB2/Nuk to specific SH2 domain proteins in neuronal cells. EMBO J. 1997;16:3877-88 pubmed..To investigate the biochemical mechanisms underlying such functions, we have expressed the EphB2 receptor (formerly Nuk/Cek5/Sek3) in neuronal NG108-15 cells, and have observed the tyrosine phosphorylation of ..
- Henderson J, Georgiou J, Jia Z, Robertson J, Elowe S, Roder J, et al. The receptor tyrosine kinase EphB2 regulates NMDA-dependent synaptic function. Neuron. 2001;32:1041-56 pubmed..lacking the EphB2 intracellular kinase domain showed wild-type levels of LTP, whereas mice lacking the entire EphB2 receptor had reduced LTP at hippocampal CA1 and dentate gyrus synapses...
- Kim I, Ryu Y, Kwak H, Ahn S, Oh J, Yancopoulos G, et al. EphB ligand, ephrinB2, suppresses the VEGF- and angiopoietin 1-induced Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in venous endothelial cells. FASEB J. 2002;16:1126-8 pubmed
- Tong J, Elowe S, Nash P, Pawson T. Manipulation of EphB2 regulatory motifs and SH2 binding sites switches MAPK signaling and biological activity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6111-9 pubmed..The behavior of EphB2 variants with mutations in the JM region and kinase domains suggests an intricate pattern of regulation and target recognition by Eph receptors. ..
- Lugli A, Spichtin H, Maurer R, Mirlacher M, Kiefer J, Huusko P, et al. EphB2 expression across 138 human tumor types in a tissue microarray: high levels of expression in gastrointestinal cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:6450-8 pubmed
- Genander M, Halford M, Xu N, Eriksson M, Yu Z, Qiu Z, et al. Dissociation of EphB2 signaling pathways mediating progenitor cell proliferation and tumor suppression. Cell. 2009;139:679-92 pubmed publisher..The dissociation of EphB2 signaling pathways enables the selective inhibition of the mitogenic effect without affecting the tumor suppressor function and identifies a pharmacological strategy to suppress adenoma growth. ..
- Xu J, Litterst C, Georgakopoulos A, Zaganas I, Robakis N. Peptide EphB2/CTF2 generated by the gamma-secretase processing of EphB2 receptor promotes tyrosine phosphorylation and cell surface localization of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:27220-8 pubmed publisher..Here we show that peptide EphB2/CTF2 released to the cytosol by the gamma-secretase processing of EphB2 receptor, has tyrosine kinase activity, and directly phosphorylates the N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) subunits ..
- Buchert M, Schneider S, Meskenaite V, Adams M, Canaani E, Baechi T, et al. The junction-associated protein AF-6 interacts and clusters with specific Eph receptor tyrosine kinases at specialized sites of cell-cell contact in the brain. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:361-71 pubmed..AF-6 is a candidate for mediating the clustering of Eph receptors at postsynaptic specializations in the adult rat brain. ..
- Chrencik J, Brooun A, Recht M, Nicola G, Davis L, Abagyan R, et al. Three-dimensional structure of the EphB2 receptor in complex with an antagonistic peptide reveals a novel mode of inhibition. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36505-13 pubmed..work identified a set of 12-mer peptides that displayed moderate binding affinity but high selectivity for the EphB2 receptor. The SNEW antagonistic peptide inhibited the interaction of EphB2 with ephrinB2, with an IC50 of approximately ..
- Mimche P, Lee C, Mimche S, Thapa M, Grakoui A, Henkemeyer M, et al. EphB2 receptor tyrosine kinase promotes hepatic fibrogenesis in mice via activation of hepatic stellate cells. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2532 pubmed publisher..This data is suggestive of an active repair/regeneration system in the absence of EphB2. Altogether, our data validate this novel pro-fibrotic function of EphB2 receptor tyrosine kinase.
- Oshima T, Akaike M, Yoshihara K, Shiozawa M, Yamamoto N, Sato T, et al. Overexpression of EphA4 gene and reduced expression of EphB2 gene correlates with liver metastasis in colorectal cancer. Int J Oncol. 2008;33:573-7 pubmed..Overexpression of the EphA4 gene and reduced expression of the EphB2 gene may thus be a useful predictor of liver metastasis in patients with colorectal cancer. ..
- Pabbisetty K, Yue X, Li C, Himanen J, Zhou R, Nikolov D, et al. Kinetic analysis of the binding of monomeric and dimeric ephrins to Eph receptors: correlation to function in a growth cone collapse assay. Protein Sci. 2007;16:355-61 pubmed..Our kinetic analysis and correlation of binding affinity with function helped us better understand the interactions between ephrins and Eph receptors and should be useful in the design of inhibitors that interfere with the interactions. ..
- Tang X, Pleasure D, Brodeur G, Ikegaki N. A variant transcript encoding an isoform of the human protein tyrosine kinase EPHB2 is generated by alternative splicing and alternative use of polyadenylation signals. Oncogene. 1998;17:521-6 pubmed..These structural variations found between the EPHB2 and EPHB2v proteins may reflect functional heterogeneity of EPHB2. ..
- Hortigüela V, Larrañaga E, Cutrale F, Seriola A, García Díaz M, Lagunas A, et al. Nanopatterns of Surface-Bound EphrinB1 Produce Multivalent Ligand-Receptor Interactions That Tune EphB2 Receptor Clustering. Nano Lett. 2018;18:629-637 pubmed publisher..discriminate-with molecular sensitivity-the oligomeric states of diffusive species to quantitatively track the EphB2 receptor oligomerization process in real time...
- Zisch A, Kalo M, Chong L, Pasquale E. Complex formation between EphB2 and Src requires phosphorylation of tyrosine 611 in the EphB2 juxtamembrane region. Oncogene. 1998;16:2657-70 pubmed..Our mutational analysis also indicated that tyrosines 605 and 611 are important for EphB2 kinase activity. We propose Src kinase as a downstream effector that mediates the neuron's response to Eph receptor activation. ..
- Himanen J, Henkemeyer M, Nikolov D. Crystal structure of the ligand-binding domain of the receptor tyrosine kinase EphB2. Nature. 1998;396:486-91 pubmed..We report here the crystal structure at 2.9 A resolution of the amino-terminal ligand-binding domain of the EphB2 receptor (also known as Nuk)...
- Pasquale E. Eph-ephrin promiscuity is now crystal clear. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:417-8 pubmed
- Zou J, Wang B, Kalo M, Zisch A, Pasquale E, Ruoslahti E. An Eph receptor regulates integrin activity through R-Ras. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:13813-8 pubmed..Reduced adhesiveness induced through the Eph/R-Ras pathway may explain the repulsive effect of the Eph receptors in axonal pathfinding and may facilitate tumor cell invasion and angiogenesis. ..
- Adams R, Wilkinson G, Weiss C, Diella F, Gale N, Deutsch U, et al. Roles of ephrinB ligands and EphB receptors in cardiovascular development: demarcation of arterial/venous domains, vascular morphogenesis, and sprouting angiogenesis. Genes Dev. 1999;13:295-306 pubmed
- Kumar S, Scehnet J, Ley E, Singh J, Krasnoperov V, Liu R, et al. Preferential induction of EphB4 over EphB2 and its implication in colorectal cancer progression. Cancer Res. 2009;69:3736-45 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of EphB4 inhibits tumor growth and metastases. Our work is the first to show that EphB4 is preferentially induced in colorectal cancer, in contrast to EphB2, whereby tumor cells acquire a survival advantage. ..
- Limbourg A, Ploom M, Elligsen D, Sörensen I, Ziegelhoeffer T, Gossler A, et al. Notch ligand Delta-like 1 is essential for postnatal arteriogenesis. Circ Res. 2007;100:363-71 pubmed..Thus, Dll1-mediated Notch activation regulates ephrin-B2 expression and postnatal arteriogenesis. ..
- Mercola D, Welsh J. From mRNA to tumor suppressor. Nat Genet. 2004;36:937-8 pubmed..The utility of the method is well-illustrated by a series of observations linking the ephrin receptor EPHB2 to prostate cancer. ..
- Cutforth T, Harrison C. Ephs and ephrins close ranks. Trends Neurosci. 2002;25:332-4 pubmed..This heterotetrameric complex reveals a cyclic arrangement of subunits not previously seen in any receptor-ligand structure, and provides a basis for class specificity of binding. ..
- Himanen J, Nikolov D. Purification, crystallization and preliminary characterization of an Eph-B2/ephrin-B2 complex. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2002;58:533-5 pubmed..The recognition and binding properties of the ligand-binding domain of EphB2 receptor and the extracellular domain of ephrin-B2 have been studied and two different cocrystals of their complex have ..
- Smith P, Firestein S, Hunt J. The crystal structure of the olfactory marker protein at 2.3 A resolution. J Mol Biol. 2002;319:807-21 pubmed..One of these sites represents a loop known to mediate ligand interactions in the structurally homologous EphB2 receptor ligand-binding domain...
- Stein E, Lane A, Cerretti D, Schoecklmann H, Schroff A, Van Etten R, et al. Eph receptors discriminate specific ligand oligomers to determine alternative signaling complexes, attachment, and assembly responses. Genes Dev. 1998;12:667-78 pubmed..Thus, distinct EphB1-signaling complexes are assembled and different cellular attachment responses are determined by a receptor switch mechanism responsive to distinct ephrin-B1 oligomers. ..
- Brückner K, Klein R. Signaling by Eph receptors and their ephrin ligands. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 1998;8:375-82 pubmed
- Siddiqui S, Cramer K. Differential expression of Eph receptors and ephrins in the cochlear ganglion and eighth cranial nerve of the chick embryo. J Comp Neurol. 2005;482:309-19 pubmed..Regional variation of Eph protein expression may influence the target selection and topography of developing VIIIth nerve projections. ..
- Slon Usakiewicz J, Ng W, Foster J, Dai J, Deretey E, Toledo Sherman L, et al. Frontal affinity chromatography with MS detection of EphB2 tyrosine kinase receptor. 1. Comparison with conventional ELISA. J Med Chem. 2004;47:5094-100 pubmed..Using immobilized EphB2 receptor tyrosine kinase as the target and known kinase inhibitors, the results of FAC-MS screening (% shift) have been ..
- Harris M, Hall R, Erickson C. Directing pathfinding along the dorsolateral path - the role of EDNRB2 and EphB2 in overcoming inhibition. Development. 2008;135:4113-22 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the requirement for EDNRB2 and EphB2 expression by melanoblasts is to support their migration by helping them to overcome repulsive or non-permissive cues in the dorsolateral environment. ..
- Toledo Sherman L, Deretey E, Slon Usakiewicz J, Ng W, Dai J, Foster J, et al. Frontal affinity chromatography with MS detection of EphB2 tyrosine kinase receptor. 2. Identification of small-molecule inhibitors via coupling with virtual screening. J Med Chem. 2005;48:3221-30 pubmed..2 microM, K(d) = 3.3 microM), as inhibitors for EphB2, a potential cancer target. ..
- Husa A, MagiÄ‡ Å, Larsson M, Fornander T, PÃ©rez Tenorio G. EPH/ephrin profile and EPHB2 expression predicts patient survival in breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:21362-80 pubmed publisher..Especially EPHB2 predicted poor breast cancer survival in several materials and EPHB2 protein expression has also prognostic value depending on cell localization. ..
- Cowan C, Yokoyama N, Bianchi L, Henkemeyer M, Fritzsch B. EphB2 guides axons at the midline and is necessary for normal vestibular function. Neuron. 2000;26:417-30 pubmedMice lacking the EphB2 receptor tyrosine kinase display a cell-autonomous, strain-specific circling behavior that is associated with vestibular phenotypes...
- Yacubova E, Komuro H. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of cerebellar granule cell migration. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2003;37:213-34 pubmed..neurotrophic factor (BDNF), neuregulin (NRG), stromal cell-derived factor 1alpha (SDF-1alpha), ephrin-B2, and EphB2 receptor in providing directional cues promoting granule cell migration from the external granular layer (EGL) to the ..
- Bundesen L, Scheel T, Bregman B, Kromer L. Ephrin-B2 and EphB2 regulation of astrocyte-meningeal fibroblast interactions in response to spinal cord lesions in adult rats. J Neurosci. 2003;23:7789-800 pubmed
- Sen J, Harpavat S, Peters M, Cepko C. Retinoic acid regulates the expression of dorsoventral topographic guidance molecules in the chick retina. Development. 2005;132:5147-59 pubmed..Activation of such compensatory mechanisms when RA activity is blocked suggests that RA homeostasis is very strictly regulated in the retina. ..
- Zhu X, Liu X, Zhuang H, Henkemeyer M, Yang J, Xu N. Amygdala EphB2 Signaling Regulates Glutamatergic Neuron Maturation and Innate Fear. J Neurosci. 2016;36:10151-62 pubmed publisher..We here identify that EphB2 receptor tyrosine kinase, which is specifically expressed in glutamatergic neurons, is required for the innate fear ..
- Georgakopoulos A, Litterst C, Ghersi E, Baki L, Xu C, Serban G, et al. Metalloproteinase/Presenilin1 processing of ephrinB regulates EphB-induced Src phosphorylation and signaling. EMBO J. 2006;25:1242-52 pubmed..PS1 FAD and gamma-secretase dominant-negative mutants inhibited the EphB-induced cleavage of ephrinB2 and Src autophosphorylation, raising the possibility that FAD mutants interfere with the functions of Src and ephrinB2 in the CNS. ..
- Riedl J, Brandt D, Batlle E, Price L, Clevers H, Bos J. Down-regulation of Rap1 activity is involved in ephrinB1-induced cell contraction. Biochem J. 2005;389:465-9 pubmed..Using the colon cell line DLD1 expressing the EphB2 receptor, we showed that stimulation of these cells with soluble ephrinB1 results in a rapid retraction of cell ..
- Cramer K, Karam S, Bothwell M, Cerretti D, Pasquale E, Rubel E. Expression of EphB receptors and EphrinB ligands in the developing chick auditory brainstem. J Comp Neurol. 2002;452:51-64 pubmed..Moreover, ephrin-B2 in growing axons may interact with the asymmetrically expressed EphA4 during the establishment of binaural segregation. ..
- Pratt T, Tian N, Simpson T, Mason J, Price D. The winged helix transcription factor Foxg1 facilitates retinal ganglion cell axon crossing of the ventral midline in the mouse. Development. 2004;131:3773-84 pubmed
- Wang D, Bai Y, Zhang S, Gao H, Zhang S, Zhang D, et al. Expression of EphB2 in the development of anorectal malformations in fetal rats. J Pediatr Surg. 2009;44:592-9 pubmed publisher..Our data thus indicated that EphB2 molecules possibly contributed to the anorectal morphogenesis and the decreased expression of EphB2 might be related to the development of ARMs. ..
- Kaidi A, Moorghen M, Williams A, Paraskeva C. Is the downregulation of EphB2 receptor expression during colorectal tumorigenesis due to hypoxia?. Gut. 2007;56:1637-8 pubmed
- Parrinello S, Napoli I, Ribeiro S, Wingfield Digby P, Fedorova M, Parkinson D, et al. EphB signaling directs peripheral nerve regeneration through Sox2-dependent Schwann cell sorting. Cell. 2010;143:145-55 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a link between Ephs and Sox proteins, providing a mechanism by which progenitor cells can translate environmental cues to orchestrate the formation of new tissue. ..
- Soans C, Holash J, Pavlova Y, Pasquale E. Developmental expression and distinctive tyrosine phosphorylation of the Eph-related receptor tyrosine kinase Cek9. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:781-95 pubmed..Since autophosphorylation of receptor protein-tyrosine kinases typically correlates with increased enzymatic activity, this suggests that Cek9 plays an active role in embryonic signal transduction pathways. ..
- Brambilla R, Schnapp A, Casagranda F, Labrador J, Bergemann A, Flanagan J, et al. Membrane-bound LERK2 ligand can signal through three different Eph-related receptor tyrosine kinases. EMBO J. 1995;14:3116-26 pubmed..Quantitative analysis including binding assays indicates that Cek10 is the preferred LERK2 receptor. Preliminary mutagenesis of the LERK2 protein suggests a negative regulatory role for its cytoplasmic domain in LERK2 signaling. ..
- Xu Q, Mellitzer G, Robinson V, Wilkinson D. In vivo cell sorting in complementary segmental domains mediated by Eph receptors and ephrins. Nature. 1999;399:267-71 pubmed..These data implicate Eph receptors and ephrins in the segmental restriction of cell intermingling. ..
- St John J, Key B. EphB2 and two of its ligands have dynamic protein expression patterns in the developing olfactory system. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2001;126:43-56 pubmed
- Mao W, Luis E, Ross S, Silva J, Tan C, Crowley C, et al. EphB2 as a therapeutic antibody drug target for the treatment of colorectal cancer. Cancer Res. 2004;64:781-8 pubmedAnalysis of human colorectal cancer specimens revealed overexpression of the EphB2 receptor tyrosine kinase...
- Stimamiglio M, Jiménez E, Silva Barbosa S, Alfaro D, García Ceca J, Muñoz J, et al. EphB2-mediated interactions are essential for proper migration of T cell progenitors during fetal thymus colonization. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;88:483-94 pubmed publisher..However, the EphB2 receptor expressed by microenvironmental cells also drives progenitor immigration, as recolonization of EphB2-deficient ..
- Senior P, Zhang B, Chan S. Loss of cell-surface receptor EphB2 is important for the growth, migration, and invasiveness of a colon cancer cell line. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2010;25:687-94 pubmed publisher..05) compared to tumours from control cells. Even a moderate level of EphB2 expression has effects on tumour cells which results in reduced migration and invasiveness and slows the growth of colonic tumour implants in an in vivo model. ..
- Kusumawidjaja G, Kayed H, Giese N, Bauer A, Erkan M, Giese T, et al. Basic transcription factor 3 (BTF3) regulates transcription of tumor-associated genes in pancreatic cancer cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:367-76 pubmed..In conclusion, BTF3 is overexpressed in PDAC, where it acts as a transcriptional regulator rather than a direct modulator of apoptosis. ..
- Aggarwal A, Guo D, Hoshida Y, Yuen S, Chu K, So S, et al. Topological and functional discovery in a gene coexpression meta-network of gastric cancer. Cancer Res. 2006;66:232-41 pubmed..single-gene level, we discovered a novel conserved interaction between the PLA2G2A prognostic marker and the EphB2 receptor, and used tissue microarrays to validate the PLA2G2A/EphB2 association...
- Ogawa K, Wada H, Okada N, Harada I, Nakajima T, Pasquale E, et al. EphB2 and ephrin-B1 expressed in the adult kidney regulate the cytoarchitecture of medullary tubule cells through Rho family GTPases. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:559-70 pubmed..Consistent with the overlapping expression of the EphB2 receptor and the ephrin-B1 ligand in the medulla, EphB2 is tyrosine-phosphorylated, and therefore activated, in the ..
- Dravis C, Wu T, Chumley M, Yokoyama N, Wei S, Wu D, et al. EphB2 and ephrin-B2 regulate the ionic homeostasis of vestibular endolymph. Hear Res. 2007;223:93-104 pubmed
- Dimaio T, Wang S, Huang Q, Scheef E, Sorenson C, Sheibani N. Attenuation of retinal vascular development and neovascularization in PECAM-1-deficient mice. Dev Biol. 2008;315:72-88 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PECAM-1 expression and its potential interactions with EphB4/ephrin B2 and eNOS are important for survival, migration, and functional organization of EC during retinal vascular development and angiogenesis. ..
- Misra C, Ziff E. EphB2 gets a GRIP on the dendritic arbor. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:848-50 pubmed
- Bush J, Soriano P. Ephrin-B1 regulates axon guidance by reverse signaling through a PDZ-dependent mechanism. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1586-99 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the importance of PDZ-dependent reverse signaling for a subset of Ephrin-B1 developmental roles in vivo. ..
- Zhang G, Neubert T. Automated comparative proteomics based on multiplex tandem mass spectrometry and stable isotope labeling. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2006;5:401-11 pubmed..This method was further validated by quantitative analysis of signaling proteins in the EphB2 pathway in NG108 cells. ..
- Katakowski M, Zhang Z, deCarvalho A, Chopp M. EphB2 induces proliferation and promotes a neuronal fate in adult subventricular neural precursor cells. Neurosci Lett. 2005;385:204-9 pubmed..We therefore examined whether the EphB2 receptor tyrosine kinase could directly effect proliferation of SVZ neural precursors and/or direct the cell fate of ..
- Hoogenraad C, Milstein A, Ethell I, Henkemeyer M, Sheng M. GRIP1 controls dendrite morphogenesis by regulating EphB receptor trafficking. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:906-15 pubmed..These results indicate an important role for GRIP1 in dendrite morphogenesis by serving as an adaptor protein for kinesin-dependent transport of EphB receptors to dendrites. ..
- Risley M, Garrod D, Henkemeyer M, McLean W. EphB2 and EphB3 forward signalling are required for palate development. Mech Dev. 2009;126:230-9 pubmed publisher..The reduced proliferation was not the result of abnormal vascular development within the palate. In conclusion, strong evidence is provided for specific and co-operative roles of EphB2 and EphB3 in palate development. ..
- Karamitopoulou E, Lugli A, Panayiotides I, Karakitsos P, Peros G, Rallis G, et al. Systematic assessment of protein phenotypes characterizing high-grade tumour budding in mismatch repair-proficient colorectal cancer. Histopathology. 2010;57:233-43 pubmed publisher..005) and had a negative impact on patient survival (P = 0.012). The multi-marker phenotype EphB2-/Bcl-2- is an independent predictor of high-grade budding and implies increased aggressive behaviour in MMR-proficient colorectal cancer. ..
- Lauterbach J, Klein R. Release of full-length EphB2 receptors from hippocampal neurons to cocultured glial cells. J Neurosci. 2006;26:11575-81 pubmed..e., when the neurons expressed EphB2, but not ephrinBs. These findings suggest that Eph/ephrin signaling is involved in the glial cell-mediated fine sculpting of neuronal structures. ..
- Schulte D, Cepko C. Two homeobox genes define the domain of EphA3 expression in the developing chick retina. Development. 2000;127:5033-45 pubmed..They further suggest that the control of topographic specificity along the retinal nasal-temporal axis is split into several independent pathways already at a very early time in development. ..
- Sakamoto A, Ishibashi Ueda H, Sugamoto Y, Higashikata T, Miyamoto S, Kawashiri M, et al. Expression and function of ephrin-B1 and its cognate receptor EphB2 in human atherosclerosis: from an aspect of chemotaxis. Clin Sci (Lond). 2008;114:643-50 pubmed